You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

1First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
He'd sent the word out only a day prior; Raijin tended to procrastinate like he had all the time in the world. Hell, his procrastination was why he'd only just now realized he'd been assigned a squad. Literally, five minutes before he sent out word of this meeting, he'd stumbled past a several day old notice of the updated listing. "Eiiish... I shoulda told someone I didn't wanna take a squad. I don't like people as it is, why the heck I gotta deal with a bunch of green-ass Genin." Well, at least he could have a little fun with them before they got down to business. That was why he'd picked the Battle Plateau; see how his new plaything's styles, and if they could work together at all. Yep... fun times. "Where are those little buggers... I don't have all day for this..." Well, he did actually; but that wasn't the point. He was missing prime wandering time, and he didn't like it at all.

2First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 am

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku walked towards the plateau slowly and confused. He hadn't been out in the village enough to know where to go anywhere which is very odd for a native to say. Then again he had no say, it was the will of his caretakers. The ones that also kicked him out of the house with no weapons to go to the summoning. Shiruku sighed as he remembered their words when he asked for the two swords he used to train with so often.

"What!?" "You want to use our swords?" "No!" "A ninja is only worth his merit! So get out there and earn them yourself!" Earn them? How could I earn them now? From what the notice had said, he was pretty sure this was not a mission or anything of the sort. It sounded more like this was a meeting so the sensei could see the squad. This earned a sigh too. I have to ask around town to know where to go and look like a fool or a foreigner for a meeting? Shiruku thought with the anger present on his face, and unfortunately for him, scaring everyone who saw him walking towards the Battle Plateau and that it was on top of a pillar made the situation all the worse. I should go out more. I need to learn the area and being on a mountain, that might be a good thing to do.

It wasn't too long of wandering before he noticed a........colorful man...... From where he stood, Shiruku could pick up some of the words he said, but only enough to understand the man was annoyed since he was waiting for "little buggers". From his position, Shiruku stared at the man thinking for a minute whether or not as to if he was the sensei that Shiruku was suppose to meet right about now. Whatever, I'll go ask anyway. No use delaying it and making him more annoyed, which might have happened already if he noticed me, is not good..... Oh well, the past is the past.

Shiruku moved towards the man and spoke with in polite way, "Hello sir, I'm Shiruku Zetsumei. Are you the one who asked me to come here?" As he neared the man, Shiruku stopped a respectful distance, smiled one of his trademark fakes, a wide smile, and bowed deeply.

3First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Spoiler:

The male could only stare; a bit surprised that anyone had actually showed up. Although he knew the assigning of squads was no joke, that didn't mean he didn't suspect it had been a joke to give him one. Oh well. Time to pay attention to the here and now, instead of the there and when.

"You are one of my new charges, then? Lovely." His tone was distracted and almost bored now that he was paying attention; eyes moving as he memorized the younger's appearance. "Well then, just what happens to be your skill set then?" Blunt, to the point. He could better work with him once he knew that bit.

4First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Spoiler:

Straight to the point with this one. At least Shiruku was correct with this man being his sensei. It would've been awkward in apologizing to him if he wasn't. Thankfully though, the man seemed not to care much about talking and Shiruku was glad for that, because he never talked much to begin with. Shiruku also still did not know the name of his sensei yet did not ask as he felt it would come up when his sensei deemed to tell him.

"I specialize in medical ninjutsu and kenjutsu. Although I say kenjutsu I have no swords of my own. I used the swords of the ones that took care for me." Shiruku toke a step back and rose his arms in a apologetic way. He was just starting off on his path as a genin so unless he was given swords he had nothing to fight with nor did he expect to fight when he got here.

5First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Spoiler:

Well, that wasn't too unusual, most Genin didn't have a sword of their own yet. Hell, he was 16 and a Chuunin before he'd every even been considered for one of his own. "Fair enough. Well, that won't be a huge issue yet. We'll hafta find ya something to use in the meantime. Should see if you can find a stick 'er somethin'. 'm Raijin Tsukino by the way." Slow introductions, and all that. Side effect of his (laziness) social issues.

The male seemed to lean back on air; balance shifted with a slight opening of his relaxed stance. He tended to do stupid things like that; purposefully through himself off a centered balance just for shits and giggles. "Well, we'll get along decently, training wise. Fuuinjutsu is my forte, but I do know a thing 'er two about Kenjutsu. Lesse... You're part of that weird medical clan, yeah?" He'd met one or two before, seen the weird eyes. Weirded him out, but this kid seemed decent enough. "Or am I wrong an' got ya mixed with someone else?"

6First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Spoiler:

Shiruku spent a few minutes processing his sensei's, Raijin Tsukino, words. The dialect was too different for him being in a sheltered life and learning his guardian's dialect. At most what he got from that was it didn't matter that he didn't have a sword and use something like a stick. At least Shiruku got his sensei's name easily missing only the first part which after thought was I'm. He has almost finished decrypting the speech when his train of thought when Raijin leaned against the air like a wall was there.

Shiruku straightened from his surprise when he heard his sensei say he knew kenjutsu, but then he said something odd. "Weird medical clan? Who are they?" Shiruku shook his head in confusion trying to think of any medical clans he knew but got nothing. "I think you've gotten me mixed up for someone else. I'm not in any clan but in the care of some nice people. The only thing I know of my parents is that they're dead and the ones taking care of me are friends of theirs."

7First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Spoiler:

"Hnnn..." Well, the kid had the look of one of them, but he must have been wrong. Too bad, those skills where insane. "No worries then. Juss' hafta figure out somethin' else then. So Medic with Kenjutsu. Nearly as odd a combination as my Seals with swords. Don't usually go together, yanno?" Yeah, his dialect was just lazy, really. He talked how he talked, and didn't care who or what could(n't) understand him. "Bleh, I might be bale ta find ya a blade ta practice with for next time; but for now we'll just hafta make due."

He leaned his head back some, somehow managing to nearly fold himself in half backwards in his efforts to locate something of the long stick or pointy sword variety for the teen to use. Finding nothing, he just allowed himself to fall backwards, folding into a roll that had him propelled back to his feet once he feet hit ground again. Strange, strange man, Raijin was. "Shit, nothin' doin'; by the look 'a it."

8First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku was at the limit of his mind. This dialect was just too much from him to understand at all. Maybe he would gain an understanding to his sensei's dialect over time. Until then though, Shiruku would have to make do with catching some of Raijin's word and try to piece together a meaning from this nonsensical speaking. Alright he said something like medical ninjutsu and kenjutsu being a odd combination like his fuuinjutsu(?) and kenjutsu(?). "It may be strange though it's what the old guys taught me. Why not use what teachers can train me in."

Shiruku's mouth fell. His sensei just bent his back in half. What just happened to him! His back is literally in half! Shiruku stepped towards him only to see his sensei was fine and looking around. With his back in half. Odd but alright. I guess that's possible without damage to your body. All of a sudden, Raijin fell into a roll and stood straight back up and said something Shiruku could only get out of there's nothing to use here. "If there is nothing here maybe we move to another place to look or save this until another day?"

9First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Weeeeell...~ We could, oooooor.... I can watch ya run katas fer a while; maybe find ya a half dead bird tha' got too close to the Lightning Grounds an' took a bolt to tha' face. Or somethin'. I dunno." The male shrugged some, seemingly bored stupid suddenly. Raijin glanced around a moment longer, before spotting a thin, whip like branch being pushed along by the breeze. "Ah hah!~ Go get that, it'll work. I wanna see wha' kinda trainin' they been givin' ya."

10First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku's face drained of blood as it became extremely pale. Katas. The bane of his existence. He had to do katas before every meal and if it wasn't "right" in his teachers' eyes that meal was forfeit. Many hungry days and nights because of katas and doing them will never be just practicing for him. Katas must be perfect. I must be perfect. Thankfully, his sensei didn't say he needed to do them. It was only a suggestion. Hopefully.

His mental issues aside, Raijin found something and told him to get it. Shiruku sighed as he saw it was only one branch that was too thin for his reverse grip and might be fine for normal grip albeit it was whip-like. Shiruku sighed and ran over to grab the branch with little difficulty even though the wind was blowing it along and tested the weight of the branch. Yeah, it's the normal grip for this one so right hand it goes. Shiruku looked back to Raijin. "Do you see another branch maybe more stockier then this branch? It doesn't need to be the same length, but I was trained with two swords so it'll help me keep in the unorthodox style I was trained in."

11First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Dual swords is unorthodox now? Huh, well 'm pretty behind tha' times then, eh. I thought I was weird what with my touch transfer seals and sword slap." Or to translate; he'd adapted his Kenjutsu style to fit in with his use of barrier and touch-transfer Fuuinjutsu. He'd worked out how to push seals through his blades, in order to give himself nearly triple the range for his touch-seals. "Eh, good luck findin' a second one. Ya never been taught with juss one blade? Kinda wanna see if ya can adapt quick 'er not. Lesse wha' ya can do with juss tha', eh?"

12First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
"It's not that dual swords are unorthodox. I believe it's normal fighting style really. It's just my style is just odd to say the least." Shiruku held out the branch and did a down slash and as it ended he dropped it into his other hand and slashed back up in a fluid motion. "The style of fighting I was taught was quick, multiple slashes and to flip grips or change hands to confuse the enemy. I can use it well but sometimes I don't catch a blade or at least not correctly and it becomes awkward to fight." He did a horizontal slash and tried to switch hands again by throwing the branch to his other hand but only caught it by the end thus messing up his vertical slash and dropping it while almost hitting his leg.

Shiruku picked up the blade quickly and flashed an apologetic smile. "More often than not, when I try to change the direction of the blade from something like vertical to horizontal or vice versa it doesn't end well. I can say though I haven't done lasting damage to myself." Shiruku placed the branch over his shoulder in way to not dirty his white shirt. "I was trained some in using one sword to defend myself if I was to be disarmed, but I was told to grab out another weapon or a scalpel if I had one. But seeing as I probably won't find another stick, what do you want me to do?" Anything but katas though. Please no katas.

13First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Raijin watched as silently as he did everything; which was to say, he only appeared to be loud, due to all of the colors on his body from his hair and clothing, as well as his inability to stay still without working on something. "Neh, not bad, really. Yer balance is off by some, and yer grip is over-tight. Migh' be why ya have so much trouble with grip switches. Try not holdin' it so hard, nah?"

The elder strutted over some, seeming to be off balance as he walked; yanking the branch from the other's hand and showing what he meant. "See, ya hold it waaaay to tight. Yer hand's gotta reset everytime ya let go, an' the lockin' joints screw yer grip. Ends up bouncin' outta yer hand, ya?" Hell, he was barely holding the branch as it was; but when he started swinging, it was like he was holding a perfectly balanced blade. Even as light as the branch was, there was no drag, no resistance from the lack of weight and mass against the drag of the air. Flip grips, hand switches; left, right, upside down like he'd be holding it by the blade; all without missing a mark.

"See? Too hard, an' ya screw yerself over. Buuuut..." The change was almost unseen, a slight relaxing of his right hand currently holding the stick; and when he launched into the next burst of movement, all control was gone. Hell, he clipped his own ear with the flaying end of the branch, leaving a spot of red that was slowing expanding as his blood slowly seeped from the small cut left behind. "Too loose, say g'bye ta all ya control. Ya gotta find ya balance, neh.~"

Flip the grip, fold his free arm behind his back, change to a fencer pose, stab straight out. One wrong move would have send the sharp point of a V-split right into Shiruku's left eye. Course, he knew he could stop; but he wanted to see just how fast the boy could dodge. He had no intention of hurting his student; not intentionally; but curiosity killed the cat, as they say. Dodge or not, Shiruku was safe, so long as Raijin didn't trip and fall.

14First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku did not protest when Raijin took the branch from his hand. His own teachers did the same when the showed him in the same way what he did wrong. Using his eyes to follow the movement of the hand, Shiruku watched as his sensei did many slashes with change of hands and grip flips with ease. Yet even with all of his focus on his sensei and how he held the blade and did his cuts, not a word was missed from his sensei's advice. His ears picked them all up and same with the swishes that came from the flawless movement Raijin was able to produce.

Then he saw Raijin's grip go too loose. One of his teachers already showed him how a very loose grip could be devastating to all around him and himself. It was maybe the reason he held his weapons too tightly as too loose and he would cut himself. He didn't understand the balance point between too loose and too tight. Shiruku took a small step back as who knows what could happen with a loose grip like that. While Shiruku felt he was out of range, his fear on the loose grip showed when his sensei had cut his ear.

He was about to say something about the ear to try and help until his sensei dropped into a stance unknown to him. One arm held out with a slight bend and the other held behind his back? Interesting. Any thoughts that were to come after though were cut from his mind as his sensei slide forward cutting in a V-shape towards Shiruku's face at a fast pace. It was near the times when his teachers surprise attacked him except they did whenever they felt like it. Dinner and sleep be damned. So from his point of view, Shiruku wasn't thinking why is Raijin attacking but how can I evade this without chance for a easy follow up.

Shiruku spun back placing his weight his right leg lining himself into a line. Then as he finished the first spin, he spun on the left leg going down ungracefully as he threw back his legs, in a haste, into a runner's start. That put about a yard of distance to have more reaction time but if his sensei wanted to fight Shiruku would be in a serious disadvantage. Especially since when Shiruku dropped down roughly into a crouch, a brief shot of pain ran up his right leg. He could barely pull off that double spin-back and slide-back only because of training from his teachers. They told him he had to be a front-line medic and they expected no less from him as well. When he said maybe learning to use ninjutsu, they had rebuked him saying it wasn't his place and that taijutsu would be a much more sensible choice. He didn't really mind the rebuke as he thought about it logically. It would only help him stay in the front and hold the line while healing and defending his teammates.

Shiruku shook off why it went well this time and said a silent prayer of thanks to his teachers and looked around while keeping his eyes on his sensei. It might've been a test but who was to say it was over. At first glance, no branches were around. Then again, trying to keep vision on his sensei stopped him from getting a full search for anything to defend with anyway. Maybe he was being too wary for the situation but his mind switched to fighting and his focus went to all he was taught.

15First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"....." Welp, interesting reaction. Or over-reaction, really. Hnnn... someone was pushing the kid to hard; if he was willing to nearly loose a leg moving like that. The fencer's stance was broken without a word, arm holding the branch falling to his side as his head tilting some to the right.

A shrug was the warning he was about to move; seeming to twitch, or spasm, in a way that threw him completely off balance and sent him free falling towards the pavers below. Until he shifted his center of gravity mid-air and flipped over himself like he was weightless; arms outstretching for balance and working into his next leap (1). This time it was like he was using the ground as a pommel horse before folding into a grounded summersault; which rolled him right back onto his feet with enough left over momentum to slip into a short forward leap right to the teen.

"Your leg. The muscle is pulled. Your balance was wrong when you moved." His speech pattern had changed greatly, sounding more... well; normal, as well as concerned, versus his previous boredom. Hell, now that he'd stopped moving, his entire demeanor had changed. This was Raijin when he wasn't goofing off; the focus and calm of a swordsman and master seal maker; both skills that required someone not to screw around while working. "You seem to lock up when you do much more then walk. Overly strict trainers, am I right?"

Spoiler:

16First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku relaxed from his position on the ground and rose to standing when he saw the stance break. When he was standing with some difficulty do to the dull pain echoing in his leg, his sensei looked like he was just falling over which by now Shiruku knew wasn't by mistake. He was right when, what seemed like the last second to Shiruku, Raijin flipped forward flowing into a summersault and ending with flip landing right in front of him.

From the tone change, he knew he did something wrong from the start and could only nod as what his sensei said about his leg was true. His sensei's seriousness was pronounced now and Shiruku could only look away sheepishly. "You seem to lock up when you do much more then walk. Overly strict trainers, am I right?" Shiruku head snapped back to Raijin's and stared at him for awhile then sheepishly looked away again. "Maybe just too caring... I know they mean well but I don't know if I say overly strict."

Shiruku thought over the training times with his teachers. Maybe they were strict from time to time but they helped and we'd share laughs sometimes. Yet thinking about more brought Shiruku back to one point. They were strict on him. It had to be near perfect, and not being allowed out of the house often, training to become perfect was most of what he could do. He sighed in defeat as what Raijin said was true. They were overly strict and held him to high standards he usually couldn't be at. "Okay, so maybe they hold me to high standards..." Shiruku turned to look his sensei in the eyes and held firm in his belief. "... but they only want what's best for me and I respect that."

17First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Mmmn... There's a line between strict, perfectionist, and over-demanding. The way you move and how you react? That's how someone who's been toeing the line for a bit to long reacts. Seen it in my cousin's; I've got uncles that'll sit there with stop watches and time thier seal creation speeds. Only, they'll put them in the worst possible situations; lots of noises, flashing colored lights, distractions everywhere. More then one relative is missing a chunk of ear or fingers from seals backfiring. It's all for the sake of progress, but it's pushing the limits to far."

His head tilted, an obvious habit of his that the elder never even noticed he did anymore; studying Shiruku's stance again now that the teen had relaxed some. "Seems to me more that you push yourself harder then they do. I see a lack of muscle memory in your movement. Or rather, you override your own body in an attempt to get it perfect. Thing is, your body works better then your mind when it comes to movement. Brain has enough on it's plate; gotta train the body to do the heavy lifting, and use your mind to fine tune the extras. Breathing, stuff like that."

Teeth met lower lip in a light chew, light 'tch' sound escaping before he swung around to give the other some room to work. "Stretch your leg out for a minute. I want to see you run your meditation exercises. I have a feeling you're overtight in those too."

18First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku just stood there, his leg had gotten to the point where standing wasn't as hard anymore, as Raijin spoke. It surprised him to hear that he had cousins and uncles who were like his situation and he could also assume some of them might be like himself. Trying to meet the high standard and then some. He sighed as he admitted to the habit he had self developed. He had to be perfect.

Shiruku looked up at his sensei when he noticed some movement and saw that his sensei had tilted his head and was staring at Shiruku like he was studying something. He agreed internally with the lack of muscle memory in most of what he knew. The only ones that seem to go right are when he was only slashing and fighting with two swords with maybe a slow grip flip rotating it in his hand. Fighting like that was something Shiruku could never explain, It just felt right. Although he really didn't even think when he was using that style, It just happened. But now was not the time for changing his personal style.

"Okay," Shiruku said in near sigh. Meditation. It worked too well for him and he normally entered into a deep trance. It was the one thing they ever said he did too perfectly. By too perfectly, he meant the trance he went into made it really hard for anyone to talk to Shiruku as he was far enough were nothing was thought of and most senses were turned off. However the only way without waiting to get his attention was to attack him, since the trance helped him move better to dodge the attack. He did some leg stretches, especially to the leg he messed up. "Are you sure you want me to meditate? You might not be able to say anything to for awhile if you do."

19First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"What I want it to see you relax until you stop over thinking what you are doing. I need to see if you actually have any muscle memory, basically. That you need to be attacked to come out of meditation is perfect, in a way. It tells me more then you realize."

He began to back away some, dropping to a squat about ten feet away from his student. The branch in his hand was used to draw swirls and whirls into the light coating of dust over the pavers under their feet. "Go ahead, take your time. I have plenty to wait. Rushing is the last thing either of us wants to do right now."

20First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku just sighed and crossed his legs and sat down in a Crisscross position and set his hands onto his knees. He breathed deeply in and out a few times with his eyes closed. A few more deep breathes and his breathing became near silent. He was in his trance-like state. To anyone investigating him, his pulse was faint, near death it would seem. His breath shallow and faint as well. But that was only the outside, the things happening on the inside, now that was what was much more interesting then a kid near "death."

Visions of memories ran past his sight. There just flying by was his training from last week where he went back and retrained himself in fighting without hand changes and little grip flips. It had gone well. Very well to be truthful, but then one of the old men, his caretakers, found him and rebuked him for going back to the "basics." Then the one where he was on the roof watching the village from his vantage point. Not many people were walking out at the time. It was midnight. but a couple was out walking out that night, and the man had sent a small wave to Shiruku which he waved back with a smile. Then that memory was gone and many more went by.

Many memories went by but Shiruku realized something.... interesting to say the least. A red seemed to be boiling behind every memory and the spaces between the memories showed these as well. He couldn't notice the memories going by as this background(?) grew darker and seemed to become like flowing blood. Then the memories stopped and whatever was happening in his head with this bloody vision started to pulse. It kept pulsing for awhile, each one stronger then before, almost as if something was coming but from what Shiruku couldn't tell. This was not normal. It wasn't normally what he saw at all. It was only memories not this pulsing. As if to agree with the statement, the pulsing stopped. Then eyes opened to stare back at him. Blood red eyes.

21First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Oookay... he did meditate like the dead. not a bad thing, if you could control it properly; but a kid this young? Not likely; not without being monk or temple sage trained. He'd seen people with natural meditation abilities, sure; people that could just drop like a stone into their own minds, no questions asked. For a moment he wished he was barefoot; the semi-hard soles of his sandals would make a noticeable clack against the paver stones here. Oh well.

He bent the branch in half; glad for the willowy nature of the wood. He didn't want to break it, merely hold it so that it wasn't swishing as he moved and making more noise then need be. Stealth wasn't his exact forte, Trap and barrier ninja where normally positioned well to the back or well away from the action in general; where they had the time they needed to get solid defenses or traps up. He could move silently enough when needed; although if the kid was as deep into his meditating as he seemed, Raijin could have been setting off thunder claps for shits and giggles and Shiruku wouldn't have heard a sound.

Work around the outside (estimated anyway) edge of the teen's sphere of awareness... find a (possible) blind spot... Aaaaand swing the branch around like madman!~ It get Shiruku's attention; whether through him sensing it, hearing him moving, or the first smack to his flesh.

22First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Shiruku was horrified from the red eyes but then something happened. The eyes seemed to close slowly and with it the bloody background faded until neither were left. The memories returned, albeit a bit slowly, from their departure from his mind. Then a familiar sense seemed to settle in Shiruku. The same feeling he normal got when his teachers wanted to beat him very badly during meditation.... for their shits and giggles.... damn bastards. Never made it better that they could heal him well. It only gave them more reason to beat the shit out of Shiruku.

Someone wanted to attack him and unless he broke his trance soon well it's just going to be fun. For the attacker, not Shiruku, not at all. To emphasize the fun that the attacker's had, a memory of one of the first times the old men attacked Shiruku. Smack! Smack! "Ugh!... What the heck!" "I'm teaching you a lesson! Be quiet!" Smack! Smack! Punch! Shiruku was thrown down and one of the laughing old men, they had been drinking it seemed, watching came over and healed the boy on the ground. As soon as he was done thought, The one who attacked before went at again with gusto. Later that night they apologized like it was no big deal. I was beaten. Repeatedly. It's a big deal.

Forgetting wherever he was really, he jumped back and was groggily looking around for the demon-like old men, red faced to show their drunkenness. "Come 'ere ya drunken bastards. I know yer there." While he was moving and speaking, it was only his subconscious talking. He had taken many beatings to where the subconscious started to take control when any feeling of attack was coming during meditation. Of course it was only fit to fight a drunken man, those were the only fights he had to do in his "sleep." Fend from the old men who's nature just showed with spirits in hand. In truth to anyone sober looking at the fight, it was more like staggering around until someone threw a punch that hit. Usually after the hit, one side was able to gain clarity and stop the fight from going on.

23First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
What was this now... semiconscious reaction... but not the type he was expecting. The elder had expected controlled movement; the body reacting without the mind's input; something he could work with. This... was reactionary, yes; but in a completely different way. Shaking his head, he swung the branch so that it caught his student's shoulder hard; like a glancing punch more then a slash.

"Oi. Wake up kid. Before ya hurt yourself." Or him, for that matter. This was looking too much like Drunken Fist for his liking; although he knew it wasn't. He'd fought a drunken fist master once; nearly died. He didn't fancy another go with anyone trained in that style. Aiming a swipe to Shiruku's head, " Wake UP!" Smack!~

24First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Shiruku

Shiruku

D-rank
Smack! A blow hit him in his shoulder, waking him up in a daze. Seeing that it wasn't home, this wasn't the doing of crazy old men, and there was someone in front of him, Shiruku struggled to get his consciousness back. Shiruku thought he heard some words but he was too zoned out to notice the actual words. Then as he regained consciousness, he was smacked in the head, right above the ear.

"OWWWW. I'm awake! I'm awake!" Shiruku rubbed his head. That really hurt like hell. Glad he wasn't sporting a sword or the top of my head wouldn't be with me anymore. "So I guess you saw that I was right that attacking would wake me, but...... it's only drunken-like movement..... Yeah, the old men said that I'd do well if I try to learn Drunken Fist as then the movement would be useful." Shiruku was stopped rubbing his head as the pain finally subsided to a dull echo of pain.

25First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Empty Re: First Meeting. (Squad 1 only) Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Raijin merely took a step back, smirking some when he realized that he was awake fully. "Indeed. You would do wonderfully with a Drunken Fist mentor." He flipped the branch around a few time before tossing it away entirely; the impromptu weapon having served it's purpose. He'd seen what he needed, and he could work with it, eventually.

"Well... from what I see, we may have to break you down and build you back up. Your teachers are good; but they're not working with you. Seems like you're being forced into a style you're not made for; hence the problems with your grips and movements. You'd do well to change now, while you still have the time to fix the issues. You're no where near done growing, so we can repair the bad muscle memory and damage with some proper training. I might hafta talk to yer guardian's about this... take you on as a proper student, outside the squad. Let you learn how you need to; not how some old geezer wants ya too. That sound good to you?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.