You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Catching a Prankster [D-Rank - Shizuka] Empty Catching a Prankster [D-Rank - Shizuka] Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Uchiha Susumu

Uchiha Susumu

D-rank
It was the first time that he had actually taken on a mission from Konohagakure, but he found that he needed the experience to develop himself even further, even though it was just accepting low-leveled missions that hardly pay out any ryo. Aside from that, it was a good way to kill some time. Apparently, given from the information that he’d received, a prankster was running around the village. The graffiti that he sprayed over town was seen everywhere. On the ground, benches, stores and the residences of the people living there. It was a complete mess. He needed to stop the one responsible for this, but given Susumu’s nature, he couldn’t help but see the fun in the entire situation. Letting out a slight chuckle, he waited for the person that was supposed to join him to show up, so that they could locate the prankster and get this over with. Needing to pass some time, he decided to walk a little through the street to see if he can see where he possibly went or even spot him directly. It would be a whole lot easier, but it didn’t seem like that would be the case. His star-shaped necklace made that metal clinging sound it normally does as he casually strolled through the street. The Hokage Building was still in the background, meaning that he didn’t walk that far. He shouldn’t get out of range from the person that’s supposed to aid him.

He had seen about everything that is to be seen graffiti-wise in this street. It wasn’t art, it’s just some child’s play to make everyone’s day worse. With that thought in mind, he let out another chuckle, making his way back towards the Hokage building and stay there on standby. Spotting a bench right across the Hokage building, on the corner of the street in front of a dumpling shop. He needed to pass the time anyway, so figured that taking a little bit of time off to chow down on some food wouldn’t be the worse way to pass some time. Waving his hand around towards the man inside, gesturing that he wanted to order something. He didn’t know this was the kind of place where they would take an order from your seat, but Susumu wasn’t in the mood to get up and rather wanted to stay here, bathing in the sunlight shining down upon the village. The man arrived, Susumu stating his order and with a little bit of hesitation, he couldn’t turn down an innocent kid’s request. As innocent as Susumu actually is, at least. The man disappeared inside and only a short while after, appeared again with a plate full of dumplings, placing it next to Susumu, taking its own spot on it. He stretched out first and made himself comfortable enough. He placed his body so that he could see every single person passing him by, should the culprit actually move past him. Were that to happen, Susumu would actually just let him pass by. He couldn’t hog all the fun for himself, while the other person hasn’t even arrived yet. Perhaps this will even turn out to be a contest, who can catch the prankster the fastest will pay the other’s dinner; this seemed like an idea that interested Susumu and was actually wondering if he should propose it to the person that’s soon to arrive. Time passed slowly as the dumplings slowly disappeared from his plate and found their spot in his stomach.

Word count: 586

Shizuka

Shizuka

D-rank
Town was always a challenge for the young female. 

----------

So many people... so many sensations. She could feel vibrations of the falling footsteps all around her like a rumbling earth quake beneath her exposed feet and the breath of wind against sensitive skin as someone dashed suddenly, hurriedly by. She could feel the muggy air of a crowded place pressing in around her and the occasional gust of wind that slipped subtlety through. Somehow between it all; she could feel the discreet glances in her direction as the more judgmental people moved quickly passed. It was unsettlingly chaotic. A mess of noise and sound. She could hear those whispers of rumours and gossip filling the atmosphere outside and people calling and shouting their wares from within their stores. The crying and laughing and cussing in the distance... but none of those raging sounds compared to the every day roaring chatter that buzzed about her ears in a never ending swarm of casual words and greetings. Yes.... usually it was a challenge for the chuunin to be out and about this time of day where the crowds were at its strongest. However, today she was focused. Confident almost. They had chosen her for a mission and she was to meet her assigned partner at an agreed meeting place. So instead of focusing on the world around her, the girl concentrated on the directions given. Meticulously counting out the right amount of paces down each street and around each corner. Shizuka Houkyaku was determined not to be late.... or lost, again. 

But when did things ever go that perfectly?

It always felt a little ironic for the female, to always be put on so many search missions. Finding missing bandits, locating a stolen scroll. Searching for a special mission that never existed. Now they expected her to find a prankster in the middle of town? What did they see in her? What did they know that she didn't? It was a wonder why these people continued to send her on these sorts of missions. When her most impressive talent was getting lost in familiar places and was rarely seen without the tightly wound blindfold about her eyes. It just never made sense to the porcelain pale female.....But then again... despite the doubts she always carried beneath the short dark blue kimono, the kunoichi somehow always managed to succeed in those  unlikely missions. She always found her way to where she was going. And Shizuka still managed to find her way to the meeting place and quietly requisition the food stall owner to direct her to the individual that was described to her in the mission details. A child seated in apparent clear view of where she stood.

So, brushing the sapphire tinged coal black hair from the bindings across her sightless vision, she carefully made her way to where the young male was seated. Her hands deftly brushing, feeling the for walls, tables edges, benches, anything solid along her pathway before she found the edge of the bench where he was seated. 

"Excuse me" the female said politely, her soft voice not quite a whisper. 
"I am looking for an Uchiha, Susumu. I am to be doing a mission with him. I'm afraid I am a bit late and that he may have continued on with out me. Would you happen to know him? Or perhaps where I might find him. Any information would be much appreciated."

The Houkyaku left the words hanging in the air as she took a moment to sit down on the bench beside him. Resting feet for a moment while covered gaze drifted back towards the crowds. Was she lost again? Was it too late? While the Houkyaku continued to direct her features from one group of people to the other, her attention was solely fixated on his answer. And the hope that she was not wrong.

Not this time

----------------

Words: 656

Uchiha Susumu

Uchiha Susumu

D-rank
The final dumplings had been swallowed almost hole by him, filling his stomach almost completely. Although still a little bit hungry, the growling of it has been ceased. Closing his eyes and leaning back a little, allowing the food to pass through smoothly and letting it sink in for a moment, he was caught a little by surprise that he was spoken to, especially so politely. Opening his eyes in order to identify the individual that approached him. It was a girl, though older than Susumu himself. Her tone was soft, so it didn’t set any alarms off within his head. It allowed him to just look calmly instead of rushing to keep his guard up. For some reason, somewhere in the back of his head, he still doesn’t completely trust this village, although he has been here for quite some time and met several different people; maybe that’s what makes it so dangerous to continue being here. Even so, he was requested with a mission, so for now he still had a purpose to fulfill. The girl mentioned his name, immediately realizing that the girl here in front of him must be his partner for the mission. This was something he didn’t expect. He wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings for a moment and instead of him finding the mission partner first, the girl found him instead.  The first thing he noticed about her, however, was that her eyes were covered. Was she blind or did she just have something to hide? It was an awkward conversation to bring up, but that was just Susumu’s opinion. Maybe somewhere along the line of the mission, that would come up eventually. “You’re looking at him.” He mentioned, giving a slight nod as an indication that he actually didn’t leave on the mission just yet. “I was actually here, seeing if the supposed partner were to stroll by. Seems like you found me first.” His eyes followed her as she sat down on the bench next to him.

It seemed that they both had the idea to resting their feet for a moment, but in the time that Susumu had been seated her, the so-called prankster still hadn’t made his appearance. Given the gravity throughout the street, it’s obvious that he has already been here. It might be true that the culprit always returns to the scene of the crime, but if that’s the case and the entire village is in the same shape as this street right here, the prankster could actually be everywhere. It would be fair to assume, however, that considering he has already vandalized shops and walls here, he had moved onto a different area. To Susumu, the mission didn’t really have a rush, because he had met yet another person that peaked his interest, mainly because her vision has been covered. “Although you already know my name, I feel for the sake of our teamwork, I should properly introduce myself. Uchiha Susumu is the name.” He introduced himself just briefly, which made him realize he didn’t know the name of the girl just yet. Not asking for it, however, he assumed that, considering she began to conversation so politely, that she could properly introduce herself as well. For that, he had no doubt. Perhaps it would be best indeed that after the introductions are out of the way, they can slowly make their way through the streets of Konohagakure to find the troublemaker that pretty much got both Susumu and the girl into this mess. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Susumu wanted to pay him back for that. The pay of the mission wasn’t really that worth it and he started to doubt that the experience he’d get from this would be none to minimal. Not letting it bother him, however, his eyes never averted from the girl.

Word count: 643

Shizuka

Shizuka

D-rank

He was younger than her

She could hear that now
--------

Beyond the mindless buzzing chatter of passing crowds,the thunderous rumble of careless footsteps and the erratic symphony of nature's noise; the young female had no problem focusing on the male's voice.... his tone, his words. As she listened intently to the answers to her questions and introduction, a clearer image started to slowly form in her mind.
From what she could tell he was probably in his mid teens. Young enough to have that innocent, adolescent confidence, yet be also experienced enough to prove his strengths. He was polite, well mannered, courteous... and judging from the distance in which they sat; cautious. However, the one thing that stood out to her the most, was his curiosity. The same silent wondering that accompanied the feeling of eyes lingering on the thick blindfold that covered her sight and the sounds of breaths from unsaid words left hanging in the air. She didn't blame him. She didn't blame any of them. It was only natural to wonder about what you couldn't see. Because she too, was wondering about what she could not see either.

"Hello Susumu" the chuunin addressed him with an honest smile and an outstretched hand. "My name is Houkyaku, Shizuka. I am to be your partner for this mission. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance"

Despite the calm facade painted across her porcelain pale skin and the false assurance in her build, the female was trying her best to keep her pulse from racing and her hand from shaking. It had been a while since she was made to venture outside the comfortably familar inner city streets an even longer since she went on a mission without her friend Shakai. Last time the village had seen her paired with a complete stranger, it ended up worse than what her anxieties would have told her. 
Not only had she been left behind to make her own way through the dense tangled forest. She was abandoned as soon as she discovered the location of that damned scroll. And that was not even the worst part. In a desperate need to be more useful than a glorified compass, the chuunin had moved to intercept the escapee which of course ended up with her getting hurt. Yes, despite her success in retrieving the item, she was the one that ended up in the dirt, layered in blood, and buried under another pile of shame after receiving another lecture from that stranger. That previous partner had been an Uchiha also; so was it any wonder that she was nervous about finding and apprehending this prankster, also? 

And yet, she kept those feelings buried

"So....I guess we should make a start on this mission." she continued, attempting to break silence before it could set in 
"But first, the mission details I received this morning were a little vague. Could you perhaps enlighten me to what we are supposed to do if we catch this prankster.... and maybe how much damage he has caused? I didn't really look to see on the way here how far he had gone" 

While she listened to his answer once again, the female's dexterous fingers, absently reached down to a rather odd small rounded pouch attached to the obi just above her hips. Without so much as twitching around to look what she was doing she pulled open the small circular flap at it's front and placed two fingers inside....only to find that there was nothing inside. Damn it. A light frown creased her expression for a mere second before being replaced once again with the same passive smile she had addressed him with before. Smooth and effortless as if nothing had disturbed her. In the end, she never turned away from him. She never lost interest in what he was saying. After all, reaching for the small creature, building her chakra up to release at a second's notice, and patiently listening for the detailed tones surrounding her sensitive ears came as naturally to her as breathing. Now, it was time to follow up those subtle gestures with further action. The sooner this mission was over, the sooner she could return to her true mission. 

"If you would like, you can take the lead on this search. I will follow you the best I can. If you have any questions you would like to ask of me, or requests of where to search....then that's fine too. 
So... shall we get started then?"

-------
Words: 767
Total: 1423

Uchiha Susumu

Uchiha Susumu

D-rank

Susumu blinked once the female held a hand out into his direction. For a moment he dismissed the possibility that she was blind, but of course the other senses are heightened and she can easily pinpoint Susumu’s location through sound. A smile crossed the girl that introduced herself as Houkyaku, Shizuka. She seemed like an honest and easygoing individual. Something that Susumu didn’t dislike seeing every now and then, other than the same old. Stretching out his own arm as well, he reached for hers to give a firm handshake. It’s not to show dominance or anything of the sort, but rather respect. The one thing that Susumu did bring with him is that in missions, teamwork matters, especially if this is one of the first missions you’re working on, in Susumu’s case. He didn’t know how experienced the female was, nor was he certain if it would be shown in a mission such at this one. But still, he was interested in her. Was she blind, or not? He’d guess so, but how could see venture outside and see her surroundings? “Likewise, Shizuka.” He mentioned, just casually calling her by her first name. For once, Susumu wasn’t in the mood to create an intense atmosphere. He didn’t even want to bother this girl with it. They both had to work, which is already annoying enough.

Shizuka asked Susumu if he could explain the mission details to her. Trying to remember it, he eyed the sky for a moment while cracking his brain. In all honesty, all he thought that capturing would be enough, but there should be a delivery point. Taking the most logical answer to it, he figured that must be the way to go. But even knowing that, they still have to capture the culprit. In addition to that, she wanted to know about the damage he’d caused. This explained it. The answer to Susumu’s previous question that dwelled within his mind. She was indeed blind. She couldn’t see the gravity sprayed all over the walls of the shopping district and it didn’t stop there as it seemed that the entire village had been vandalized, leaving everywhere an option for him to be, even inside of buildings as a hiding place. Once finished cracking his brain over an answer, he looked into her direction, though couldn’t look her directly into her eyes; something that he’s not really used to.

To be honest, I haven’t really given it all that much thought, either.” He began. He figured being honest with one another might help this get over quicker and both of them getting paid once this is over. “I figured that after catching the person, we’ll have to hand him over to the police that patrol Konohagakure. It wouldn’t seem logical to bother the Hokage with it directly, for such a… minor incident.” He paused for a moment before he said minor, because once he thought about it he scanned the village once more. In some way, it was minor, since there wasn’t really that much –damage- caused, but the work for it to be removed would be a real pain, he’d suppose. “As for the damage.. The gravity has pretty much been sprayed all over town. On shops in this street and a few blocks ahead as well. I wouldn’t say it’s much of a damage, but what would you think about removing that mess? Thinking it would cost them a lot of time.” He stated. He took on this mission, but he sure as hell didn’t hope that he had to remove all of the gravity himself as some sort of bonus for delivering a good job. If so, he might as well be paid tremendously.

The female mentioned afterwards that she’d like to get started on the mission and if Susumu would mind to lead it. He didn’t, of course, because of his personality there’s no problem for him to lead others on, but he needed to rely on the female’s skills as well, although he still had no idea what her skills were. Susumu nodded, standing up to his feet and stretching himself out. His stomach had been filled and had the energy to take on the world right now. Looking down on the female as soon as he had risen up, he couldn’t help but ask, making himself believe that it was for the sake of the mission. “Sorry, but I have to ask..” He began. At least he was polite enough to apologize beforehand not to make any enemies just when he doesn’t want to make any new ones. “You’re not able to see, right? How do you see your surroundings?” It might prove useful information for a mission such as this, but if it was then the girl would’ve thought of it herself as well, most likely.

Word count: 806

Shizuka

Shizuka

D-rank

"Hmmm.... well. I guess it depends where I am"

It should not have come as a surprise to the young female that he would ask that question. After all, everyone she had met had wondered the same thing. Perhaps, she had spent so long imagining those thoughts to be spoken out loud, that she never anticipated someone would actually be forthcoming enough to vocalize it. To actually, properly, definitively say it. Not only that Shizuka never really thought that she would have to come up with an answer that wouldn't change his perception of her. 
And what ever could that answer be? Every situation was different. Every area, every room, every insignificant piece of furniture; even the type of people around her needed to be accounted for before she could safely move around in any space in her dark little world. It was a wonder that she could even get around at all some days with the crowds that moved through this place. So how could someone possibly begin to describe a process that happened so naturally, so smoothly and so indescribably, to someone whose eyes could potentially see so much. How could she possibly even begin.....? 

"Generally, if the surroundings are familiar; I can remember where things are. I map them out in my mind and just feel my way around if I need to. Sometimes counting steps and listening for familiar scents and sounds. 
But out here... over there in the forest.... places I've never been; I still get around by feeling... just not with my hands"

A slight pause. A moment of hesitation. She took those few seconds to look around at the surrounding roofs, the trees, the skies above them. She looked back to him with her cheeks flushing ever so slightly, a light smile only adding a small lighter shade to her pale features.
"I'm sorry, I'm not really answering your question, am I? Perhaps this will give you the answer you are looking for" 

The process itself was as natural as breathing. Simple. Easy. Like slipping from a single layer of a silken garment the Houkyaku shed a small portion of her chakra and willed it to join with her breath, and the still warm air around her. And then, with the gentle force of a spring breeze, the fuuton tainted wind blew out from around her. Brushing over every non living and breathing thing until dissipating in to nothingness. As if the phenomenon never happened. But it did and he would have felt it. But not as an intrusion or something sinister. It would simply feel like someone had walked past in a rush, leaving a slight gust in their wake. The feeling would linger for barely a second. Almost as if deciding whether to push further.... before moving on to something sitting not too far behind him. 
A little red breasted robin who sat innocently watching the two quite intently. It was this small creature, that was her target all along. 

Something that would become apparent when the tiny beast fluttered over and landed on the Chuunin's shoulder. Nestling down against her neck with its bead like black eyes fixated solely on him. 

"This here is Niro. I was given him when he was still just an egg so I guess you could say I am his mother" Shizuka began explaining once more, an honest smile now paining her coral pale lips
"While he learned how to fly and feed himself, I learned the art of looking through the eyes of another. Can be a bit tedious at times but we make it work when we really need to" 

The affection she felt for the small creature was real. When she spoke about him, when she reached up to brush a finger against the fluffier crimson feathers which made his crest; it was obvious that the little avian was something she cherished. Niro however, was more than just a personal treasure a pet and a friend. It was a way that she could search the area from above to find an approximate location to where these pranksters might be. Or even, where they are heading. But she would leave that call to him. He was the lead in this mission, the true strength behind their inevitable success. She on the other hand, was simply a tool to get there. And for now.....

She was okay with that

-------

Words:740
Total:2163

Uchiha Susumu

Uchiha Susumu

D-rank

Susumu listened intently to what she had to say, because he was actually genuinely interested in how she could see her surroundings. She tried to explain it, but it still sounded a little bit vague in Susumu’s ears. Maybe it’s because he had never been in her situation? That he, himself, had never been without eyesight? To him, given his clan, this would be a nightmare. This girl must’ve been prepared to live like this for a long time, if she was even born with the condition. But that’s a question for another time; he didn’t want to bombard her with questions right off the bat. Besides that, they had a mission to accomplish, though getting to know each other while doing so wasn’t a bad idea at all. She explained it as ‘going around by feeling’, this sounded the most vague to him. The girl herself realized that she wasn’t being that clear and seemingly, from what she said, wanted to show him a different answer, explaining it a different way, perhaps. One that is much clearer and help him understand her situation. Nothing happened for a brief while. She just stood there. There wasn’t any explanation coming from her mouth, so he figured that this might actually be more of a demonstration. Knowing this, his eyes never averted from the female.

After waiting for just a few seconds, he didn’t see anything happen but felt the sensation of a light breeze crawling up against his clothes, though moved further along the path past him. This was an unusual wind, out of nowhere, actually. At first, it felt as something moved past him. His eyes moved to the side a little bit, quickly noticing that there wasn’t anyone near him, at all. The wind came from the female in front of him. Was this the feeling she meant? Her means of getting around town? To him, it seemed like just a wind, but he was positive that to her it was more than just wind. Was it some kind of sensory technique? If so, it might come in handy for the mission, but he couldn’t get his hopes up just yet. If there is the possibility of it being a sensory type technique, he should voice his opinion now before it’s too late for the mission. Maybe they could get this done quicker than they thought it would. Right now wasn’t yet the time to ask her, however. As the thought crossed his mind, a small animal ran past Susumu’s feet and flew up to the female’s shoulders. Right now, Susumu eyed nothing but the tiny beast that didn’t avert his gaze, either. Susumu blinked, being introduced to the animal for the first time. “..Looking through the eyes of another?” He questioned the female, but himself at the same time. He had never heard of such an ability, though sounding like a useful one. At least one that has its moments.

He thought for a moment. Although her previous ability might not have been a sensory type, if the previously mentioned ability is what he thought it was, couldn’t be that the way to spot the culprit? He wondered if she could swap from person to person, without continuously swapping back to herself to swap to another individual. “That ability of yours.. Does it allow you to look through the eyes of a target, then from that target’s vision swap to yet another target? Or is it limited in the way that you first have to go back to your own vision before moving onto another?” He didn’t know whether he was sounding a little vague himself this time, but he felt like he was onto something. If this could pass for doable, the culprit might be caught sooner than anticipated. He wouldn’t have a place to run, at all. While patiently waiting on the confirmation, his interest in the tiny animal grew as well. He had never seen anything like it before.. But for now, he figured it would be best to keep his focus to one thing at a time. He needs this experience.

Word count: 687

Shizuka

Shizuka

D-rank
"Yes. I can see through the eyes of others" 

But I couldn't always do it

-----

There was so much more to the story that she wanted to tell him. Clan mysteries and family secrets. A tale never written and only told through the generations. It wouldn't really matter. After all they probably would never see each other again so what harm would it be to tell him the potential of her bloodline. How much trouble would it cause if she told him that people bearing the Houkyaku scars could be in the mind of someone half way across the land. Or that they could lose all their senses and still be able to experience the world as if they were walking through it themselves. What if she could tell him that one day she too might be able to possess another and walk them in to the hell that is their mind until they accepted a final fate. 
No. These were merely stories of a once upon a time. Why worry young minds with things that may never happen. And so instead of telling him what she couldn't even tell her best friend and closest ally, she gave him the answer that her grandmother would have wanted her to say. The absolute plain, simple truth and not a single utterance of a word more. 

"Not quite. I do have my limitations but its not as you think"
she began, explaining, picking out her words carefully so it made sense.
"It's more of a matter of range, really. I can stay connected with someone's mind for quite a while, but as soon as they get a certain distance away then the connection is broken and I lose not only their sight; but the place in their mind". 

There was another pause as she considered his next question. Whether she could jump from one person's mind to the other without having to reestablish the connection from her being first. The short answer was: Yes. She could. But whether she could make more than one jump was something she had wondered about herself. It was not an easy task to say the least. Transferring your mind from one source to the other in a manner of seconds; while simultaneously being careful not to make them totally aware of what was going on and doing so from a distance. She had done it only a few times before and though it went well, it wasn't perfect.... and to do it more than once.... Some day perhaps. 

"I can step directly from one mind to the other, but I am ashamed to say that is as far as my abilities go. It gives a bit more range and a different perspective but its not as easy to focus when they are so far away. 
There is also.... another problem. You see, its fine when I have my eyes right here in this area. But when they are far away its hard for me to concentrate on where I am moving. So if I am to be searching for something... or someone. I can't move around too much myself"

And that... was the crux of her ability. To be able to see the world from wondrous angles and heights, but not able to experience being there to smell or hear... or feel any of what she might be seeing. While her mind was far away, her body was vulnerable. Which was maybe why, the Houkyaku clan was so unknown.... and so isolated. 
But Shizuka wasn't like those people. She wasn't there. The Chuunin was here. Here she had friends, she had allies, acquaintances and mission partners. As long as they were eager to help guide her through streets and forests and busy chaotic market places; she would lead them to where they would want to go. No matter where it was... or what they were needing to find. Whether it be a lost treasure, a secret scroll, or a rebellious prankster running around town; she would find them. 

And then she would find them. 

"
So I can send Niro out. But I can only reach a bit over 100 meters from this point here. So what do you say Susumu? Shall I scout for us? Or do you have something else in mind? Just let me know what you need me to do" 

----
Words: 737
Total: 2900

Shizuka

Shizuka

D-rank

"Oh dear. It appears the decision has been made for us"

The young woman could only offer a sheepish shrug as felt the avian's minuscule weight lift off her shoulder and flutter upwards towards the rooftops. Taking with it; her sight, her attention, and probably in a moment, her mission partner. Of course the kunoichi would then follow as close as she could. Try her best to keep up using sounds and feelings and what remained of her self focus. But she wasn't foolish enough to think that she could make it far on her own. Shizuka wasn't even that confident that they would succeed. In truth, the plan was flimsy at best and she didn't really think of how she would communicate directions if he were to lose sight of the tiny robin(or how he could tell it apart from the other birds in the area for that matter). What if she ran in to him first? What if Susumu turned on her? Or just decided he couldn't be bothered anymore and just left? What if she lost the guy and had to start all over again. Reality was a firmly grounding notion. Harsh. Horrible. But then again....then again, there was a small part of her that maybe believed in them. That this young Houkyaku was cleverer than what she gave her self credit for. That maybe this small part was excited to be doing something. Was so beautifully eager and excited that the moment the idea had turned in to words, it took the the sky without hesitation.

Words. Flight. And now the chase was on.

Shizuka Houkyaku watched from the small bird's gaze as it passed above the rooftop of the closest building and then veer off to the left as it began it's circle. Once around, once again, and then once around once more. With each lap, she would scour the streets from above, searching for any sign of the trouble maker, working her way out from their center in an almost perfect spiral. Within a few mere minutes she had completely covered a block's radius. A few moments more and she was almost done with the second one. But it wasn't until she had passed the three block left when she noticed something... something not quite normal.
To someone just walking past, the young, rather plain looking male looked like he was just leaning against a store window, watching the rest of the world go by, maybe waiting for his lady friend to finish looking at jewels they couldn't afford. But from a bird's point of view. Her point of view, Shizuka could see everything. She could see the tilt of his head, as if listening. See the hand behind his back, pressing something in to the glass. The bag he kept close, always within reach of his free hand. The young woman imagined the excited tension that spurred him on, threatening to make him lose his patience and become reckless once more.

He was the one.

"There he is. Head east from here, two blocks and then north to the jewelry store. He is there standing by the window. Be quick, he is plotting something. Niro will lead the way"

Right on cue, the robin swooped down low between them and perched momentarily on the gutter's ledge before taking off once again. This time with Susumu in tow. Shizuka however stayed put, deciding instead to stay and keep her focus on her comrade and the target. Not wanting to risk breaking the connection before the guy was caught. And he would be. A block away from the place he was spotted, the normal hustle and bustle sounds of the streets was shattered by the unmistakable shriek of breaking glass. Screams and swearing. People runninf. Shizuka wanted to tell him to hurry but he was too far away to hear. Her bird wasn't though. With a feather light thought she guided the creature to abruptly drop down in to a low spiral, stopping the Shinobi in his tracks for a moment before following the momentum back up and this time guiding him back south and turning west. Then, a short cut through one building... a sharp left down an alley and then.... they collided. Seemingly appearing out of no where, Susumu swung his arm out just as the trickster came running past, catching him across the chest, causing him to topple and fall. Except the other shinobi didn't let that happen. Seconds after brutally halting the target, her comrade slid his stopping hand up to grab his shoulder, the other doing the same, then turned, pushed, and slammed the trickster face first in to the wall. Stunning him enough that when he put the handcuffs on, then there would be no struggle.

It was done. Susumu turned to look up at the bird, an accomplished smile on his lips.

But Shizuka wasn't looking.

Her sight was no longer with him. It had left the robin moments ago.
Now, she was looking out over the water. Through the eyes of an old man she stared at the silhouette retreating across the sea. Shapes growing ever smaller as it moved to eventually blend in to the dual blue horizon. And then it was simply gone.

Shizuka cried.
-Exit Thread-

-----
Words: 899

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.