You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Setsuko

Setsuko

D-rank
The first mission. There comes a sense of excitement for any genin when they are assigned their first assignment by those in the Administration Office. While graduating from the academy might be proceed as an individual becoming apart of the Shinobi Corps. It's actually the gaining of your first mission when the reality that, you are now about of the man and women who serves not only your village but the country as a hold, sinks in. Getting the first mission as freshly minted genin is validation of the hours blood, sweat, and tears you put in daily to excel at the curriculum set forth by the Academy. It's undeniable proof that you are now apart of the village's sword and shield. You are now apart of something more greater than yourself. You are now responsible for not only yourself, but the lives of every other person in the Country. And for many genin, it's only when they received that first mission does this ultimate reality sets in.  While many are up for the challenge, very few truly knows the horrors which awaits them. Many will crumble either from the pressure of the job or by the grip of death;  however, there will be those who rises, meeting the challenges head on and prospering where others have fail, and it will be those few who's names, hopefully, be synonymous with their Country . . . for good or bad. And as the newer generation are handed their first mission. The age hold question will be asked once again. . .

Will you rise or fall?

Setsuko didn't know that answer to that question, having not putting much thought in it, only focusing on what is a front of her right now and not what might be ahead of her. She didn't have time to be thinking about the future, knowing that one's future is continuously changing due to the influences or not only others but of one's self. Why focused on something that isn't set in stone, when there is an obstacle awaiting for you already? She never did understood the idealistic thinking of some of her classmates and others she had the pleasure of meeting. She was a realistic, or at least as close to one. And as such, she is only focusing on the task a front of her; cleaning up the mess that is the library in the Tower of Heaven.

Not entirely knew to the ideal of cleaning up messes, having been accustomed to during times spent over at Yoshimi's house, and at her own. But still, the mess presenting itself at the library was one of biggest one she had seen in her short life.

"Oh my." she squeaked out, her russet gaze looking at the daunting task before her. Books were thrown everywhere, haphazardly toss this way and that. There were a few with there spines harmfully bent, and their pages ripped. Those on the desks were covered in a fine sheen of dust, obliviously from the lack of cleaning. This dust was also prominent on the tilting shelves that at any minute could tip over, but lucky those were few and far between, therefore, no domino affect could occur. The carpet also was in due for a major cleaning or something to remove the spots seen here and there. Did something just scurried by her peripheral vision? No, she probably was just seeing things.

"It's dirty isn't it?" jumping in freight at the unexpected female voice, Setsuko turned around swiftly to face the owner of said voice. A woman in her early to late fifties stood a front of the girl old enough to her grandchild. Her greyish hair hung freely to her waistline and had a healthy sheen to it, despite it old appearance. Her face, wrinkly and leathery from the years of hard work and stress, gave off a calm, soothing, grandmotherly or motherly; this type of glow was also presence within her beady dark brown eyes. This lady wearing a white poncho and flora headpiece was none other than Aoi, librarian of the Tower of Heaven.

"Yeah, it is. This place looks worse than some pigsties." let it be known that Setsuko doesn't sugarcoat her opinions for no one, not even the elderly. However, she did feel kind of bad for what she said an attempted to apologize "I'm - "

Only to be cut off by Aoi's hearty laughter " No. No child. Your words didn't offend me at all. It will take more than that to ruffle these old feathers. I'm honestly glad you said that. For you see exactly what I do every time I come into work. I would clean the place up, but my old bones don't move like they use to. So, I'm depended on the help of others, and they rarely help me anyway. The genins who get assigned this mission reassures me that the mess isn't that big. . ."At this the elderly woman scoff "It's a bunch of bull malarkey."

The look of surprise on her face must have been noticeable to Aoi for the elderly woman chuckled at the expression, waving her hand in a 'come' motion as sbe walked deeper into the library with Setsuko following closely behind "Come along child. I have kept you from your mission long enough. Let me show you to the cleaning supplies . . . don't be surprised if some stuff is expired."

The next couple of hours in the library was filled with a generous dose of laughter between Setsuko and Aoi. The elderly lady keeping the genin company as the silver haired girl work to make the place as spotless as possible. All the books were located, dusted off it any, and placed accordingly on the respective shelves. The few shelves that were leaning slightly had been righted, and dusted off as well. Any cob webs or spiders that was seen were destroyed with extreme prejudice, more so for Aoi's peace of mind than anything else. All spots in the carpet were removed by a spot cleaner founded in the back storage room.

Setsuko wouldn't leave the library till four hours after getting there, but by the time she would leave the place would be spotless. And with a wave of good-bye our little genin had finished her first mission as a genin.

WC:: 1076
Mission:: 600/600
Training Speed E-0 >>> E-3:: 450/450

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.