You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boar Hunts Empty Boar Hunts Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Abathor

D-rank
Mission name: Boar Hunts!
Mission rank: C
Objective: Reports of an overly large wild boar attacking the locals has prompted ninja action. Hunt down and kill the boar.
Reward: 300
Mission description: There has been word outside the village of a massive boar running a muck and injuring villagers that travel into the wilds for food. The task has fallen onto you to find this animal and kill it.
Mission details: The boar is not alone and in fact, is an entire pack of five overgrown boars. These boars coordinate attacks well with one another but easily pushed off balance they take time to get back up. There is another boar, an infant at that, that comes out in the middle of the fighting to attack, completely useless in appearance and size, it poses no threat but the other boars become enraged upon seeing it and attack you in a more reckless manner. The largest boar has D2 all D2 stats, while the others are all D1.

Abathor sits and meditates. He pictures a world with no humidity, no air it was like swimming in a sidereal space without being able to orient himself to see the light. It was like flowing through a deep abyss without being able to struggle. But judging by his heart rate, he was rather calm, almost even, soothed. In front of him nothing was standing. No being, no shape, there was only just a thick layer of darkness. He was trying to touch, but was cracking that void so disturbing to the normal of his fingertips. It was neither heavy nor light. Faced with the unknown, anyone would be worried, this is a natural and genetic reaction to want to understand and know what surrounds man.

He sought to understand but after a while he wanted to face the force of things he thought judged. He had decided to wait, anyway he did not really have a choice. He nevertheless tried again in an impulse full of good will to pierce this mystery presented by his imagination and at the same time before him, through his senses. Strangely the elderly ninja was refuted to use his gifts that provided the energy commonly called chakra. When then came before his eyes a deformed and inconstant mass. Then in the darkness came a spark then it fell slowly while twinkling in its path. She was in front of him and according to his stupor she decided to answer in a voice not familiar to the hearing of the forty-year-old swinger.

Worms, a charade? The unknown then illuminated the void and the samurai sitting on his legs in a formal way found himself face to face with a mirror. His reflection was none other than himself, a few years ago. This light hair and eyes he was standing facing his self today. Yet the old ninja would have sworn to hear the voice of his mother he questioned then, to understand what rhymed this joke that was at most akin to a great masquerade which he would do well.

“What are you doing here”

While changing shape then passing to the various knowledge that abathor had been able to make in his long life the being resumed the speech of a more solemn tone but without hiding a certain amusement against the situation. As for the principal interested, who was subtly transformed into an analyst of misfortune, he had already had the deep conviction that this individual did not wish him any harm. On the contrary, he or she showed great kindness. To become almost scary.

“Do not you recognize me, I'm called life, death. I am your mother abathor, I am your father and your cousins, I am this old woman and this enemy to whom you once abducted life. I am the one who guides you, I am your grandfather but more important my dear Friend I am you”

“I could see that you got lost on the way, the power and the hazards of the ninja world took possession of your soul, your heart. And you forgot like everyone else. The very purpose of existence, Life? To live well or to die abathor is the only outcome. God is not my name, on the contrary it is an invention of your fellows to give yourself courage, the courage to perform miracles. Besides, to live by considering your neighbor is none other than the only miracles that can be done in this world. This is even the only definition. I rarely see you, you know? Some scratch me before I die, others think of me. But can you talk to me? Do you understand Abathor? I am you, I am in each of you, here and there in the depths of your heart. What did you have to do? I let you guess it, become it. I wish you a good journey, the redemption you cherish so much, you have begun to accomplish it. Goodbye.”

Abathor snaps out of his meditation and wonders if he just talked to god or not. He supposes it doesn’t matter but it was disturbing either way. He goes out of his old home and walks his old bones around town. He will find company somehow someway for the mission he picked up the other day.

719/719

2Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:58 am

Hina

Hina

C-rank
ds

Last edited by Hina on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 am

Abathor

D-rank
Abathor walks by a fancy dining arrangement that had prepared a long banquet, large rustic and rectangular tables, carved in oak hut presented various dishes made for the majority of salads made of plants and nuts and smoked fish. All lined up for the noble who had arranged all this, they sang in their hearts a customary poem to accompany their journey of luck and safety. It was a testimony of love and joy, the voices intertwined and gave a certain energy that ran through the veins of the late hawker to give him chills. A protruding beard and thick, badly-groomed hair and that long cape made of animal skin he wore on his shoulders. Nausea. Yes, Abathor was nauseated. The nauseating smell that emanated from the banquet lined up on the sidewalk made him almost want to shove uncookedramen in the mouth of the owner of this street stall. He couldn’t stand fancy food, he just wanted to eat the garbage that he was used to.

Abathor is pleased to see that Hina is over there though. He walks over and waves.

“Hi Hina”

Abathor rummages through his pockets and takes out something that can only be a mission scroll. He unravels it tediously and decides to bring Hina along on his mission. He didn’t know when he would actually go on it but now that he found a partner he will take her with him. He knows that Hina does not look like the most out doorsy type of girl but he will take her anyway. A good pig will do good for making her grow into a fine ninja.

“Come do this boar mission with me. You can earn some money while we are out and about. Who knows, you may even get to keep a pet and then if you get a pet you can raise it to be your companion. How cool it would be if you got a pig summon pet or got a pig senjutsu ability. That would be so awesome!”

Abathor thinks about Hina looking like a pig. It is funny because she looks nothing like a pig. It would be funny though. The most beautiful girl in konoha reduced to looking like a fat piggy while she fights. Abathor holds back his laughter just a little and does not do a good job. He hopes Hina does not think he is thinking badly of her because he really needs help. How stupid it would be if he went out with no companions and got killed by some boars. He imagined being stabbed by one of their tusks and he stopped laughing. This was serious business, so serious that he couldn’t think of ever doing a mission this hard on his own. The mission guy told him he needed to tame someone with him so this is what he was doing.

“What do you say about coming with me? I need the help and you know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.”

501/1220

4Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank
d

5Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Abathor

D-rank
As they came to the site of the attakcs, I took advantage of the satisfaction that we had arrived on time. The success of a mission started with getting to the right spot. It allowed us a short respite well deserved. The day seemed long when they were spent travelling, and the problems did not help. I abruptly untied the buildings around us, with the idea of laying my aching feet on the cold stones and relaxying. The heat of the season often made them swell, it was necessary to remedy this problem in one way or another.

Old people problems. What a shame, is not it? A wise man user who needs to cool off. It only lasted for a while: I felt my eyes pulse in pain, as if this environment pushed them to want to get some fresh air. I tried to keep my composure with a long breath, then I got up to take a look at the boars all around us.

“I will save the little girl. You start attacking the boars. Use this.”

I give Hina a spear I find laying on the ground. It is wooden and poorly made. It is very in tact though and ready to be shoved into pig hide. Two stars shone in the middle of a part of the sky that was not as pale as before. It was getting dark. We had to hurry up or we would get caught at night time and have to stay out here among the beasts.

I run over and hoist the little girl up and put her on an elevated surface and then murder the child boar in cold blood then throw it through a window much to the displeasure of the people that lived there. I was convinced that I had never done something so dark but the mission was to eliminate boars and that was a boar. I tried to keep my composure with another long breath, then I got up to take a look in the mirror near the entrance of the cabin. I see my own old reflection and don’t like it. I yearn for a new body, a fresh body. Is there a jutsu that will restore my youth I wonder.

I count out five other boars from here. There could be more. They are all running to the shack with the food in it. I am not sure if Hina can see them so I call out.

“Hina, there are five that I can see. Do not let them beat you”

I run towards the boars from behind and hope none flanked me unknowingly. I grab another spear that I find along the way and hope I am not too late.

457/1667

6Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank
d

7Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm

Abathor

D-rank
As I thought myself out of the woods, my adrenaline at its peak, causing a stream of sweat of impressive thickness to rise from the left of my temple. My target had immediately stuck to the other side of the shack, as if it had pierced in the heart of the wood structure. I used to dream of terrible things, yet this situation was truer than life. I feared Hina got stabbed but she jumped. Smart girl. I let my spear stab into the boar from behind.

Two down, three to go. Two chased Hina, one turned to face me. Terrible, but true. Embarrassed to leave the place in such a state what altruism to think of Hina as more of a challenge as to send two her way. Abathor was the wiser of the two and he needed to fight all three at once to prove himself. I flanked a series of blows at this uncontrolled boar in front of me, leaving behind me a furrow of dark red flakes that would fall quickly to the ground. Sore palms, bleeding even a few palces, I rushed to the boars chasing Hina.

Only two to go. It was going to pass. It must have passed. As long as it goes. I locked myself in my mental sanctuary to be sure of not hurting anyone during a phase that I struggled to control. That didn’t apply to boars though. For the moment, I had to breathe and run. Inhale Exhale. Inhale Exhale.

Unexpectedly the boar I chased turned and my attention split. The boar circled around and rammed me right in my legs making me fall. It does not take much to make an old man falter. I am too prideful to call for help but anyone with ears could tell that I was in trouble. It is all up to Hina to clean this up, unless some civilians were brave enough to save me. Where is my spear? I must have dropped it during the collision. The boar is rearing up to take me again and I have nothing but rocks to chuck at it. It didn’t like that. It snarls and charges again. I will not go down easily.

370/2037

8Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Hina

Hina

C-rank
d

9Boar Hunts Empty Re: Boar Hunts Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 pm

Abathor

D-rank
The boar knocked me out for a little while. I don’t even remember anything but staring at it while it charged at me. I was lucky that I hadn’t been gored, but then again I have to thank Hina for making sure I lived. When I woke up Hina asked me if I wanted to eat some boar. That made me think about what happened last time I was out killing boars. The local cook left the back kitchen, determined to catch me by surprise. It was he who had invited the boars to attack, but I had already got up. While I was doing his back, he pretended to put his hand on my shoulder discovered by the advantageous attire that I wore. But I did not give him the opportunity.

The next day, passersby would discover the unconcious body of a man ready to extort funds from beautiful women in the prime of life. Pierced right through, they didn’t ever find out that it had been me who had punished him in my own way. When I was younger I was not always the most righteous genin. There were many reasons why I never promoted and that was one of them.

“No I don’t want boar. This has given me bad memories, I will go home. We don’t have to go back together but if you want company then I’m leaving now before the memories get worse.”

I get up and make sure that all the conditions of the mission were complete. I invited Hina to come with me and god kenw that I needed the company. I would be fine making it alone though so I would not fault Hina for being a good shinobi and sticking around a little longer.

I passed the barricade which bounded the limits of the village. It was very broken down due to the boars. I started resuming my way in the darkness of the night that had fallen. I put my hand on my trouser pocket to make sure my things were still there, and I repeated the operation every ten minutes. To be sure.

At home I wash all the boar guts off of me. I should have done this in the village but I had to get out of there. Now my whole house stinks of boars and I will have nightmares about boars. I am an old man that has a lot of history to get over if I ever want to become chuunin. One step at a time was my only chance. I had deep roots that I wished to awaken and it could only be accomplished by getting stronger. Even though my time on this world was coming to an end I knew I had to keep pushing to achieve my dying wishes.  

468/2505

+550 ryo

Last edited by Abathor on Fri May 03, 2019 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.