You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Belated Reveal [Sero|Nova|invite only] Empty A Belated Reveal [Sero|Nova|invite only] Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova was sitting with her legs crossed on her freshly washed sheets on her just made bed. Her hair was tied up and she was dressed in a loose-fitting black v-neck and a pair or grey leggings the were smudged with dust as she had spend the morning performing maintenance on her puppets after her recent missions. Doku Tsuki's armor had to be retempered from the heat that it endured during her mission with Takao, one that she had come out from perfectly fine much to her own surprise though she ended up having to heal a wound that Takao had received. In addition Nova realized she had much neglected Kurogokegamu in favor of the new puppet and performed some of the regular maintenance that she had come to practice, as well as clearing out the long forgotten items that laid in the compartment within. In addition to some long moldy cheese, a blanket she had forgotten about, and a book that she was certain she had misplaced, as well at the solitary scroll that Ayakashi had handed to her after the ambush she had saved her and Izumi from. The words Ayakashi had spoken rung in her head, "I actually came to give you this Nova, a generous gift from the Raikage for your victory, but I beg you to keep it hidden from many... this weapon... is powerful for even me.”

Nova had neglected to open the scroll then, nervous to see what the Mizukage would consider powerful 'even for her'. She had shoved it into the back of the compartment of her puppet and forgotten it for the time being. This morning however, Nova had received a thickly enveloped letter addressed to her from the Mizukage. The letter contained congratulations and confirmation that she, Nova Makato, had progressed up the ranks of shinobi from Chuunin to Special Jonin. Though she was uncertain about what exactly had marked her increase in strength and rank, Nova suspected that her completion of an S-rank mission as a Chuunin may have had a hand in it. Along with the the information of her rank, the letter brought to her mind her last encounter and the scroll that had she had received. This chain of events was what sparked her project to repair her puppets and find the scroll within. Now she sat in the bed with the scroll in her hands wondering if now was the right time to open it. Even if it was beyond her power to use she wanted to know what it contained, though the words 'powerful even for me' from Ayakashi made her nervous to open it alone. Here Nova debated her coming actions for nearly an hour, weighing her options and unable to settle between opening the scroll here alone in her room or approaching Lord Osada on the matter.

Deliberations coming to an abrupt end, Nova would stand quickly from the bed and patter down the stairs towards the throne room that she had stumbled into accidentally many times before. This was the first time she strode towards the room with determination, but even she was aware that the second she entered a room with the white haired man she would loose some of the backbone she had spend the time building up. She stood at the oaken door that was sealed tight and even though she was not sure that he would be within, she raised her free hand to knock upon the door twice. Waiting with baited breath, she rehearsed in her mind what she would ask of the Lord of the Mansion as well as pondered the contents of the scroll.

[Word count 614]

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero stood within the throne room speaking with a representative of the Iron Banner smiths. A group that Ayakashi herself had introduced him to. They had made a deal to use the threads found on his island for their strings and as such were commonly found within this hall. Usually just to restock their supply but for this occasion it was different. A thin man in blacksmith robes was there to take two items that Sero had commissioned to be enchanted. Both were wrapped tightly in cloth and tied with thin ropes. The black cloth concealing their nature but both seemed to be long weapons. Perhaps pole weapons of some sort. Those were leaned up against the nearby pillar for now. As it stood the man was looking over a black scythe that flickered lightly with dim blue flames. The blacksmith was examining the weapon and admiring its quality before he turned to Sero. Nodding in confirmation that they could indeed bring both of these weapons to the same level. He held out a crystal then. A clear rock that Sero reached out and touched with one pale finger. As he did it was tainted into a pitch black oily color. Satisfied with the boil chakra he had the merchant moved to collect the two wrapped weapons. The Scythe itself floating to Sero's hand as if eager to return to its master. The blue flames flickering wildly to life along the blade as he gripped it.

A knock to the door drew his attention. The blacksmith continued to collect both items as Sero felt through the manor out to the door. It was only a moment before he identified the one on the other side. Her chakra familiar to him now but having grown yet again. It seemed each time he met her she had managed some potent growth. Such a growth rate was to be admired. Still he would shift his free hand in and idle wave as the door would creak open. Before Nova could step through the blacksmith would bustle out of it giving her a slight bow before hurrying to complete the contract with the lord of the manor. Still Sero would await her. Standing in the center of the throne room in his black robes with gold trim. White fur running over his right shoulder whiled the robes themselves were rather plain besides that. His feet bare for the moment as he had no intentions of actually leaving the manor. Still his dull grey eyes would watch the door for her entrance. Almost eager to see what she would present to him now. Easily his strongest pupil or resident if one were to consider his training lacking. Always bringing him new and interesting things.

For now he would speak through the door. Bidding her forward in his dull tone. "Enter Nova and be heard." With the scythe in his hand though even at her current level the pressure from him would seem to be like a weight placed upon her. The dull blue flames from the scythe seeming to dim the room rather than provide light as fire should. Somehow they were absorbing the light around him and dimming his features. The heat from him and the weapon seeming to amplify each other as his chakra pressure had never ran hotter than with that weapon in his hands. It was his completion. Fitting to one such as himself. Still he stood tall and regal with it in his left hand. His silver hair hanging loose around him as his signet ring sat upon his left pinky finger. Marking him as head of the Osada clan.

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
The door would swing open signifying the presence of the one Nova sought, however before she could step through the doorway an older man would hustle out of the room with a quick bow in her direction with a large oddly proportioned bundle in his arms. Head tilting in curiosity for just a moment she would take a deep breath as she hear the recognizable monotoned voice from within, "Enter Nova and be heard.". The feeling of fear would tinge her thoughts as she expected as she slowly walked through the door with the scroll grasped tightly in her hand. Rather than being seated in his throne, Lord Osada stood tall in luxurious robes and with a beautifully crafted scythe in his hands. Glinting from its own glow, the scythe exuded a blue flame that was duller than one might expect a flame to be although it seemed to radiate with a power amplified by Lord Osada's touch. The weapon seemed like it was merely an extension of Lord Osada himself, looking as though it belonged in his had beside him. Every time she saw the Lord of the mansion Nova's breath would subconsciously be held for a moment, his visage a striking one.

Slowly she would walk in, regretting for no reason at all that she had not dressed more formally for any occasion in which she might appear before Lord Osada. One bare foot padding silently, the wooden one would clunk against the stone tiles as she approached where he stood and stopped a few feet in front of him to bow deeply before him, “Hello Lord Osada, thank you for letting me speak with you.”. Straightening back up, Nova would look to the scroll in her hand and speak again surprised that she was able to maintain most of her composure this time and intent on not embarrassing herself before him this time especially after having attained her new rank. After pausing for just a moment she would look back to the mans striking face and speak as she met his gaze, “I wanted to ask your assistance in unsealing what is contained in this scroll in my hands, as well as for you to be present in case of any danger as I have no knowledge of what it holds.”, she would raise the scroll up to show him before continuing, “I received this after my victory in the Chuunin Exams. Mizukage Ayakashi delivered this to me as I travelled to Kiri with the information that is was a gift from the Raikage and to be careful with it as it was as she said, 'powerful even for her'. I've kept it stored away fearing I would not be strong enough to use... whatever it might be within.... though with my recent progress to Special Jounin I wondered if I might. Though as I said before, I have no idea what is contained within..”. Nova would wait with baited breath as just her presence before him seemed to make her nervous.

Should he desire, she would proffer the scroll towards him to inspect, wondering if he would be able to glean any information that had slipped past her own eyes. Upon her own look-over of the item she was able to gather that it was in fact a seal of some sort but it was far beyond her recognition having not learned anything past the most simple of sealing jutsu. There was visibly text within the seal though the age had made it impossible for her to read. It was not the sealing itself that she was concerned about being dangerous however, but the fact that she had no idea whatsoever what was contained on the single scroll made her wary. No matter what was it was however, she was fully confident in Lord Osada's knowledge and power to help her deal with the problem; only if he decided that she was deserving of his help of course.

[667 Word count]
[1281 Total word count]

Sero

Sero

S-rank
As the other man left Nova would enter at his bidding. Comfortable in appearance yet still with the awkward moving about one did with a prosthetic leg. Soon the time would come for her to gain a power from that as well. However despite her homey appearance she held a scroll that almost dripped with a dark aura. His head tilting as she thanked him for allowing her an audience before approaching closer to him. Standing only a few feet away. Her eyes making contact with his own without breaking. My my she was growing wasn't she. Able to stand before him without hesitation. Perhaps she considered herself much more than the average shinobi her rank. Still he would remain quiet as she spoke. “I wanted to ask your assistance in unsealing what is contained in this scroll in my hands, as well as for you to be present in case of any danger as I have no knowledge of what it holds.”, she would raise the scroll up to show him before continuing, “I received this after my victory in the Chuunin Exams. Mizukage Ayakashi delivered this to me as I travelled to Kiri with the information that is was a gift from the Raikage and to be careful with it as it was as she said, 'powerful even for her'. I've kept it stored away fearing I would not be strong enough to use... whatever it might be within.... though with my recent progress to Special Jounin I wondered if I might. Though as I said before, I have no idea what is contained within..”

Idly he would look at the scroll held up between them. The paper was old and worn with the stains of abandonment over the years in someones library. Almost as if the scroll, had it not been fortified by what it contained would have worn away to an unusable state. However the quality of what it held seemed to help preserve the scroll itself. However as she offered it to him he would not reach out and collect it with his bare hands as she had. Keeping the oils of his hands from touching it if not needed. He would instead tap his staff on the ground once. His chakra reaching out as it took the scroll from her hands and held it in the air. A second tap would drop it to waist level around them . He was being careful to hold it with his chakra but not to unseal its contents. Even as he raised his staff to strike a third time whispers began to echo across the hall. Warnings whispered in rushed hushed voices so jumbled together it couldn't be made out. Just a mass of voices in the darkness of the throne room that got louder and louder as the hilt of the scythe rose. The wind picking up the dust in the throne room as it began to swirl around them. For the first time in hundreds of years this forbidden scroll was about to be unraveled. As the staff began to drop the whispers grew so much it turned to a deafening roar as the wind brushed their hair back and forth wildly as it swirled around them.

The clang of metal on stone was surprisingly loud as suddenly the wind and roaring whispers died in an instant. Sero had bid it open and so it obeyed. The instant he touched the ground it was abruptly gone. The scroll hovering between them would unravel slowly as it clicked open revealing a set of ancient seals upon its surface. A dark energy making the letters glow between a shifting black and red. Sero would lean over the top of the scroll and run his hand over the top. The seals lighting up under his hand as if struggling to touch his chakra and be released. Still he would speak in a dull tone. Undettered by the nature and danger of this scroll. "These seals are roughly three hundred years old. A language no longer commonly used in modern society. Modern seals are more sophisticated but these are almost crude. I would think by the design it was Suna based. Roughly some time after the second shinobi world war. The fact that the Raikage had this is interesting. A warning is placed within the seals as well. Beware the puppeteer lest you become the puppet. Are you certain you wish to open this?"

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova held the scroll in front of her with her arm outstretched, Lord Osada's eyes glancing towards it with seemingly little interest. After a moment of silent observation he would tap the hilt of the scythe  in his grasp to the ground. Echoing through the empty throne room the click against stone would sound as an invisible force would pull gently on the scroll she held in her fingers. Slowly she would release her grasp and watch as it began to levitate before her, and with a second tap of hilt against stone the scroll would move it between the only two in the room an let it settle motionless in the air around waist level. As he would raise the scythe inches above the ground whispers seemed to echo through the corners of the room, Nova spinning around to see what the source was. After a moment of shock she would turn back to the scroll with the realization that the dark whispers she was hearing came from the ages parchment. In unison with the blurred voices a draft seemed to enter the room, picking up dust that had not been there moments before an whirling it around the room. The anticipation of the third and final clack of the scythe to the ground made Nova hold her breath, noting that the draft had grown to a roaring gale circling around them.

A resounding clang would halt the wind and whispers suddenly as the scythe hit stone, leaving them in a near deafening silence compared to the din from before. Now silent but for the rustling of dry paper as the scroll would unravel itself in the air, revealing a score of seals far beyond Nova's rudimentary knowledge of such things. Nova would watch as Lord Osada would lean forward over the now flattened scroll and outstretch his hand as his snow white hair hung down around his face. Gaze shifting between her mentor's face and the shifting seals on the scroll Nova watched spellbound as the shapes on the scroll seemed to illuminate under his fingers. His eyes still passing over the scroll, his low voice would reach her as she watched on, "These seals are roughly three hundred years old. A language no longer commonly used in modern society. Modern seals are more sophisticated but these are almost crude. I would think by the design it was Suna based. Roughly some time after the second shinobi world war. The fact that the Raikage had this is interesting. A warning is placed within the seals as well. Beware the puppeteer lest you become the puppet. Are you certain you wish to open this?"

Nova's eyes would flutter in astonishment. Though she had not paid as much attention as she ought to have in the classes that covered history, she was aware of how old that meant the item contained within was. Wondering to herself she again questioned why she would have been given an item considered to be so powerful, and with the mention of 'puppet' and 'puppeteer' she wondered if the prize would have been the same if it had been Izumi who came out the victor of the match or if there would have been another equally powerful item more suited to another in the Raikage's collection. Though it was intended as a warning, the words intrigued her rather than intimidated her driving her curiosity of its contents even further. A moment of silence would pass as she deliberated, though her choice had already been made the second she made the decision to bring the scroll to Lord Osada. There was not going to be any shying away when she had made it this far. Besides, she would think to herself, it has been given to me already, what if there was a reason for it to be in my possession?. “Yes. I am certain.”, her voice was low but unwavering, a firm purposefulness that had not been present before now showing through her voice. Again the warning would ring in her ears, however she felt another wave of determination as it almost seemed to be a challenge. They reminded her of the insults that had been slung at her for the small resemblance to a Ningyou she had taken from those that did not know her well for the mere fact that she had a faux leg, though the cause of hers was from tragedy rather than the the pursuit of turning oneself into a puppet. 'Lest you become the puppet', the words would eat at her slightly as she waited for Lord Osada to acknowledge her confirmation of desire to unseal the scroll.

[784 Word count]

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would watch her and the scroll between them for a moment. What they were about to do could potentially be life threatening and she was outside of her comfort zone. No puppet in sight to climb into if things became serious. He wondered if perhaps she was progressing at such a rate that she was not learning proper restraint and caution. Perhaps he should have a spar with her some time to remind her that there are still things in the world that can't be overcome simply by surrounding yourself in metal. Still that was for another time. For the moment this scroll held his interest as well. His eyes scanned over the surface of it. It was a simple enough seal that once unlocked would only need chakra applied to it to summon the item forth. However on each corner of the scroll was an individual seal locking it away. Each of them needing to be broken and in doing so creating the gateway opening. The seals on each corner were no laughing matter either. They were placed at a high enough level that Sero was going to have to press himself a little to break them. Still he would do as she wished of him.

"Open, First gateway, Mother seal."

He read the first of the seals in the top left corner aloud as he commanded it. His outstretched hand suddenly having a series of seals formed out of mist around it. A red seal raising from the parchment before the mist seals slid down and attached to it. Turning like gears in a clock. In the distance a grandfathers clock chime could be heard but not from any clear direction. As the seal turned water droplets half frozen but not entirely hail began to pelt the painted windows outside. The clouds above rumbling to life as if responding to the seal. Slowing it would turn before stopping and then as if it were a living thing it shuddered and then finally shattered. However the fingernails on Sero's outstretched hand cracked. Blood slowly forming under his nails. A gust of force blowing his robes out from the impact of the seal breaking. His eyes narrowed but he was not bothered enough to stop. Had it been a lesser individual opening this it may have snapped them in half. It was good of her to come to him. He was prepared to endure it.

"Open second gateway, Seal of the forgotten father"

This time Sero was not underestimating the seal. He tapped his scythe on the ground as four balls of flame appeared before him. Each of them moving in unison in a small circle before creating four individual seals. A larger seal forming in the center as another red seal rose from the top right corner of the page. Turning in junction with it. Outside thunder rumbled as a clash of lightning lit up the outside with a resounding bang. Still the seal turned as energy crackled. The seal of his own holding as the seal on the scroll clicked into place. Another toll of the clock and it too shattered. This time another burst of energy shot into Sero. However even as it did Sero hardly shifted to brace himself against it. Blood dripping down his fingers from the nails on his outstretched hand now. However this too he simply ignored. It was but a small bit of damage. At this point the scroll was halfway unlocked. His grey eyes shifted as the storm picked up outside. Glancing at Nova as the lightning lit her features again. Looking for any hint of hesitation. Continuing even if there was.

"Open the third gate. Seal of woven fates"

This time behind the fire seal the mist seals from before would rise and join the fire seal. A series of floating seals in the air of fire and mist. Shifting forward like a grand clock as the third seal from the bottom left corner rose into the air. A bright red light of energy darkening the room with its glow. Wind began to howl outside as if crying out to stop and yet Sero was not bound by its plea. The seals of his own turned the seal as it slowly clicked into place like a locking mechanism. Turning it until it stopped and again a clock tolled from an unknown place. The seal shattered and lightning crackled forth. Slight burns like pink spots on Sero's outstretched hand forming before it too stopped. Sero would notice his fingers tremble for but a moment. Whatever was sealed in this scroll, someone had gone to great lengths to ensure the death of whoever opened it. However Sero was not some average special jounin. Such simple attacks couldn't even disable his hand. Still he would pause to look to Nova. Speaking to her as the storm crashed against the windows outside. Yet even with all that noise his voice was clear without even shouting.

"Are there any preparations you would like to make before I break the final seal and you unseal the contents little one?"

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova would stand motionless staring at the scroll before her, aware of Lord Osada's eyes scanning over her and evaluating her as she waited. His eyes would pass over the unrolled scroll with a learned eye, "Open, First gateway, Mother seal." Mist would accumulate around his outstretched hand for a moment forming into seals of their own as the top left marking on the parchment would peel from the page. Streaming forward the misty seals would bombard the ancient red on and bind to it. From somewhere deep within the mansions wall the sonorous chime of a grandfather clock would sound, seeming to signal the arrival of a thundering hailstorm behind the stained glass windows. As though a battle were raging from the two forces of chakra, the seal seemed to vibrate with power before shattering like a pane of glass struck by a rock. Shards of chakra would fall to the parchment where they would dissipate after a moment. Though her focus remained on the scroll itself, Nova saw the blood beginning to gather under the nails of the pale outstretched hand. The usually emotionless eyes framed by his white mane would narrow though his resolve was firm.

"Open second gateway, Seal of the forgotten father", his voice seemed to come from all around her as he spoke. Tapping the scythe to the ground, Nova watched as still as before as four balls of flame would form before him. Rotating around each-other in unison, they danced in a circle for a moment before creating four seals from their flames. From the top right of the parchment another red mark would tear from the page as a larger seal of flames would form in the center of the four smaller ones. They too would begin and assault on the seal of their own, marked with the clatter of thunder and bursts of light from the hailstorm that raged behind the windows. Lord Osada's seals against the ancient one would circle ominously, crackling with power far beyond Nova's limited experience. Again from an undeterminable location in the mansion the grandfather clock would sound and the seal would shatter. From the scroll a force pushed outwards, sending Nova sliding back and nearly falling. Looking to Lord Osada with caution she saw him brace himself though it seemed to have far less of an effect on him as it did her. Though his expression did not change she watched his eyes shift from her to the storm and back to the scroll, as Nova herself saw the blood drip from his fingertips and fall to the floor. Lightning would strike showing the intense expression on his face, and a determined grimace from Nova's.

"Open the third gate. Seal of woven fates", the third seal on the page would rise and meet a combined assault of the seals of flame and mist. Ancient and powerful, the red seal would cast a crimson tint around the darkened room. Beyond the windows the howl of the wind hit a fever pitch as though a hurricane darkened the sky, The lightning and thunder clashing nearly nonstop now. Orbiting around the single seal from the page, his would circle it and rotate before clicking int place. Again he clock, the shattering of the seal, and the crack of lighting would sound. From the seal itself lightning would crackle towards Sero's hand, leaving pink wounds on his pale skin before he stopped it. Even Nova would notice his fingers tremble for a moment, and wondered what her fate might have been had she fully attempted this herself. Though she would not have made it this far, if she had it would have likely destroyed her if it was able to have any hold against Lord Osada.

Above the cacophony of the storm, Lord Osada would look at her and speak so clearly that Nova would hear every syllable, "Are there any preparations you would like to make before I break the final seal and you unseal the contents little one?" As she had seen the lightning crackle against Lord Osada's hand, she had already begun taking action. Forming her chakra strings and weaving them into her signature yarn-ball like forms they had been floating towards her puppets in their place in the hallway. Doku Tsuki would skitter in more quickly than the time she had brought it in before, moving with a surprising speed from such a large construct would place itself beside her with the top ajar. Nova would nod to Lord Osada as she lay flat within the puppet and the hull would click shut, as prepared as she could possibly be for whatever might be coming. Kurogokegamu would remain in the hall, substitution prepped within it through the delicate touch of Nova's emerald threads. Through the thick tinted glass, Nova would watch with nervous excitement for what might come from the scroll. If something of this magnitude lay untouched for hundreds of years in some vault, what other items of power could be lying gathering dust or lay on display in the Raikage's collection. Even more than that what would have marked her as one important or powerful enough to attempt to wield what possibly waited behind the near lethal seals.

Muffled from within the heavy construct, Nova would nearly shout, “I am prepared Lord Osada, I am ready.”. An insatiable desire to know what lay behind those seals had started eating away at her, the hunger for knowledge outweighing her sense of self preservation and oft overcautious manner. She had to know what was gifted to her. Whatever it was seemed to call to her and push her forward though her heart was pounding from adrenaline.

[961 word count] 

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would tilt his head as long hair would spill around his shoulders. The only sound for a moment as she weaved her bright chakra was a slow but steady dripping of the tiny droplets of blood from his finger tips. Already slowing to a stop as the thin space between his fingernails and fingers was clotting. Steam wisps popping up here and there as his body began to stop itself from losing its sacred blood. His grey eyes would watch her as the lights flickered slightly. Her own light only overwhelmed by the lightning outside. He would watch for the second time as this technique formed a ball and left her hands to summon forth a puppet to move to her as it was bidden. The construct clanking to life outside the throne room before crashing in through the open doorway. Its awkward walk carrying it towards them. Scraping the stone as it moved. If he cared enough he might not be happy that she kept managing to damage his manor. However it barely shifted the appearance of it in this case. Nor the structural integrity. If it held it was fine. He cared little for the value of a thing. Even if the manor wasn't growing to like her.

It would stop in front of her and pop its own hatch. He wanted her to grow beyond her shell. To not only be capable while defended by a layer of steel. She hid behind her defenses and it bothered him. For now though it was suited for the situation. He would watch her climb within the puppet and shut the hatch. The formidable weapon protecting her as best as she could manage. It would have to do for now. He would acknowledge her with a nod as the thunder peeled and the lightning flashed outside. As if the world had begun screaming its defiance to what they were doing. However it was not enough to dissuade Sero. Not enough to keep him from being curious and capable of discovering what secrets this scroll held. Still he would brace himself. Tapping his scythe on the ground before shifting into sage mode. His third eye opening in the center of his forehead as his grey eyes shifted a crimson shade. Almost glowing in the dark room. The flames on the head of the scythe would burst forth in a dark shade of blue. A crown hovered above his head made of mist. He would speak then in all his glory.

"By the command of Captain Osada Sero. Open fourth and final gate. Release seal of the reapers glory!"

With that Sero would draw four stars in front of him with the tip of his scythe in flames. Next he would hold up his free hand and three stars would form with water behind the four fire ones. Finally He would breath out and two seals made of mist would form behind the water stars. The two seals would combine with the water stars before shifting clockwise and shifting forward into the fire stars. A bell chiming and echoing louder than before as the seal rose up off the page. All four seals combining into one as it smashed against the final seal. As it did both seals crumbled as sparks flew from either side of the scroll. Both electrical and fire. The room would begin to rumbled before the final seal fully shattered. A concussive wave flew out as it slammed into Sero. Pushing him back as he pushed his scythe down to stop him from going to far. The windows around the room shattered and the wave spread over the island wiping out the storm. The scroll found itself fallen to the floor with the seals broken. Sero took a couple of breaths before straightening himself up. Holding his sage mode should whatever was within come free.

"We are to be grateful that this came to us now instead of when it was made. The power in those seals isn't a tenth of what it was three hundred years ago. It was designed to kill everyone for some distance should this seal be broken into. Due to the time its sat unused though we only faced a shadow of its glory. Go ahead child. Open it."

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova watched from within Doku Tsuki's armored hull as a glimpse of Lord Osada's powers began to reveal themselves as again he hit the scythe to the stone. "By the command of Captain Osada Sero. Open fourth and final gate. Release seal of the reapers glory!". Using the flaming scythe as his brush on the canvas of the air before him would scratch out four stars. Nova's head began to spin as the seals just made and the seal from before would begin to work together, some binding come staying separate before they all slid towards the final seal that tore from the page. The bell chiming an eerie tone would sound as the battle of the marks would rage before the red one shattered as did its kin. The room would begin to rumble and Doku Tsuki would flatten to the stone in a protective stance, for which Nova was glad as with the shattering of the last seal as the explosion from the seal's destruction slammed into Doku Tsuki's body with an unseen and unexpected force. Powerful enough to displace the massive metal construct, Nova was still taken with suprise as the metal legs would screech as the puppet slid back several feet leaving long divots in the stone where the legs dragged across. Barely a fraction of a second later the windows would shatter outwards and letting the roar of the winds tear through the room for a moment. Even Lord Osada seemed to have to put force into not being blown back from the destruction of the final seal.

After the blast an unsettling stillness would fall and the scroll would drop to the floor, now very much less sinister with the four massive seals across its face. Lord Osada would speak, his muffled voice barely reaching her ears, "We are to be grateful that this came to us now instead of when it was made. The power in those seals isn't a tenth of what it was three hundred years ago. It was designed to kill everyone for some distance should this seal be broken into. Due to the time its sat unused though we only faced a shadow of its glory. Go ahead child. Open it." This brought Nova's train of thought again  into how long it sat in the Raikage's armory and if he was aware of the seals that bound the item. Also she wondered if even he knew what was bound inside with such intense measures to keep it hidden away. Trying not to let her mind wander as to what could have happened if she had somehow attempted this herself, not that she would have gotten that far nor succeeded but still was morbidly curious as to what her fate would have been tampering with such powerful jutsu, Doku Tsuki would stride forward and touch the front left leg gingerly down on the scroll as she flowed chakra through the puppet and into the scroll to unseal it.

A plume of smoke would billow outward nearly causing Nova to jump backwards in surprise as the unsealing jutsu would work without the dangerous wards to keep people from doing so. She almost wished that it wouldn't unseal for a brief second before being filled again with a ravenous curiosity that she felt before. Drawing the spindly metal leg back she would gaze on as the white smoke would slowly dissipate, almost as though it remained longer to raise the suspense. Propped up in a bizarre manner on its knees with its upper half hanging limply forward and head drooping down was the form of what seemed to be of a young male with crimson hair that hung limply downwards. His build was indistinguishable as was most of his visage due to the high necked robe that Nova had only seen in history books. Black with scarlet clouds was the robe of the Akatsuki, and with that defining trait Nova's eyes would widen in absolute shock. Before her, motionless was the body of the puppet master of yore, Sasori. Nearly every year in the acadamy the history class would touch on the third great Ninja was from which she recognized the red hair from ancient pictures of the Akatsuki.

Heart racing she looked up to Lord Osada to see how he reacted before her eye flitted back to the motionless figure before her. He was motionless right?. A moment of fear would strike her, what if the books were wrong and he were sealed alive within a scroll, what if Sasori himself was down there with all his strength at his disposal. Though fear was the primary emotion flowing through her veins, a tinge of admiration would be felt at the edges. Nova had always been impressed with the power one had to have as a puppeteer to even considering controlling that many puppets at the same time, even if the variety and means of obtaining them distasteful. Despite her admiration of his power, she would never understand the draw of replacing ones body with puppet pieces intentionally. Mind wandering to her leg, she wonderd how any person could bring themselves to willing dismember themselves like that. The lack of leg was not something she would have ever chosen, and the idea that someone would make that decision was abhorrent. Eyes glinting with a mixture of emotions she looked again at the figure between them. Slowly a bundle of emerald threads would emerge from the tip of Doku Tsuki's barbed tail, chakra collecting for a moment before it would stick out the tendrils searchingly towards Sasori. Adrenaline was rushing though her veins as they neared the motionless form, and she could feel .. something through the emerald chakra tendrils. Nova forgot that Lord Osada was in the room. Despite the fact that she was within Doku Tsuki she forgot it was there, feeling as though she were standing right before the redheaded slouching body. The tendril would touch down on his back, followed by the next and the rest.

Silence permeated the room, Nova almost felt as though she heard a ringing in her ears as she slowly let her chakra flow into the humanoid puppet though she did not attempt to move it yet. Barely aware of her own body she felt... almost as though she was within Sasori himself. It felt as though her insides were somehow hollow, body no longer fleshy, and most bizarre of all did not need to, or rather could no longer breath or have the need to. While the eyes could blink  there was no reason to do so other than to assume the guise of one who was alive. There was none of the heartbeat that though quiet was always present in ones ears when listened to hard enough. No nerves meant no feeling and no sensations, no muscles of ones own anymore the limbs were just pulled by chakra strings to ones will. But despite the lack of humanity that the body betrayed, there was still something within the puppets skull. A thought, a voice almost, or only an idea of a voice perhaps, “Hello?”. The voice was searching and seemed to rattle around within Nova's skull. It felt as though it made the whole room rattle and she wondered if Lord Osada felt and heard it as well.

“What do you think you are doing?”, the voice spoke even more monotone than that of Lord Osada's. No, this wasn't being spoken aloud. It was all just in her skull echoing around, covering her own thoughts for a moment. Nova tried to blink but all she saw was a mess of crimson hair obscuring her view that was obviously not her own. Head swimming for a moment her vision fell black and head dipped down, before she reopened her eyes to find herself within Doku Tsuki now, though the cloaked figure that had previously been hunched over on the ground now stood straight up to face her. A starting view to say the least, Nova heart lept into her throat as her eyes looked into the blank ones of the human puppet that stood before her wearing the cloak that he did in life. He took up her entire field of view, blocking Lord Osada from her view Sasori stood tall, her own chakra strings bound to him standing there though she did not recall using them to have him move. Nova breathed deeply as she bid him to turn with a twitch of her fingers. Though a hint of displeasure sounded in her mind at the direction, the puppet turned. Twitching her fingers again she directed the puppet to turn lift its arms, again what she instructed the puppet to do it did, but now she felt a hint of amusement mingling with the irritation from before. Letting the lid to Doku Tsuki slide open, Nova stood quickly nearly tripping over herself in clumsiness. Directing Sasori to turn to her she would look into his eyes, their height nearly identical. Sasori's mind would touch hers again, sardonic amusement easily discerned for her tentative use of her chakra strings to control him. Though she was in charge of her movements as well as his, Nova very much felt as though she was the one under anothers control and she looked to Lord Osada for her next cue.

[1577 Word count]

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would remain half bent for a moment before taking a breath. He was not bleeding but He knew that it would be a little damage to him. If it moved him it damaged him. Perhaps just bruising but for now he would go easy on his body. He rose to his height slowly and tested his chest by taking a deep breath. His exhale letting out a hint of steam. It had been designed to kill. Even weakened as he had found it the fact was had a normal special jounin tried it, they would have needed the medical baths immediately. Had someone even lesser found a way into it...well that instance hadn't taken effect. Still glass scattered across the floor of his throne room. He certainly wasn't please about the destruction. The windows would need to be ordered again. The artist and craftsman would be displeased as well. Still he would turn his attention to the man before him. As she had unsealed something even people who only mildly paid attention in history would recognize. The black cloak with red clouds on it. One of the Akatsuki. His eyes would narrow as he felt out towards it. There was a corruption there. Even dead after years of abandonment it held something within.

For a moment he considered if the Raikage had intended this be unleashed within Kiri. Tentatively he moved forward. Walking in a circle around it even as strings came from her puppets tail. For a moment it seemed to act as a puppet should before rather suddenly he felt it reaching out its senses to him as well. As if it was another shinobi like himself. Danger rang as alarm bells within him and he waited for it to turn to him. Instead it would turn towards the puppet. Staring at it and within before she seemed to regain some control again. Whispers echoed in the hall as if the manor had found something like it within. Another haunted object. Cursed by its own inhuman design. The warning made sense now. No one would consider the thing in front of them human anymore. Not even with the robes giving it the appearance of a red haired young man. It was a weapon. A strong one at that. Sero could feel that much. His captains blade would be the best match against it. Even his scythe paled in comparison. Still he would watch and wait.

She made it do a couple of basic movements for now but Sero was cautious about the connection she held with it. The whispers echoed in the manor suggested something filled with malice. He knew the sensation. This being was much like himself in nature. Perhaps granted life after such a long slumber with her chakra strings. Climbing out of her protective shell as if bid to do so. Staring into its eyes as if she was staring at something in the distance. With a flick of his scythe as nearly blank eyes looked to him he severed the connection between the two. Cutting the strings for the time being before bringing the scythe back to his side. Monitoring if it was addicting enough for her to be displeased with him. He would watch her a moment before speaking in turn. The scythe slash far too quick to be avoided outside of her puppet even at her level. A precaution in case the puppet did not wish to be separated from her. His voice was dull but echoed with warning.

"Our records may be limited but I suggest sealing him back for now. Use him as a last resort. You may use the library to research into him. The more you understand your puppet, perhaps the more control you might gain."

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova jumped backwards at the slicing of the scythe upon the emerald threads, severing them and her connection to Sasori. With a typical amount of clumsiness she would slide onto her ass on the cold tile with a wide eyes and startled expression that switched between the puppet and Lord Osada's scythe. Her heart was pounding and her mind was racing, and she felt as though there was an empty space in her thoughts where Sasori's voice had echoed moments before. As she felt back so did Sasori, crumpling into a pile under the robe as his body went limp. She bore a deer-in-headlights expression that she tried blinking away before she would look to Lord Osada with a questioning voice, “Why do you think he gave this to me?”. Nova could think of no reason that she be entrusted with a person-no.. an item- of such notoriety for it's evil deeds. Looking to the puppet she was certain it was limp, though her mind was racing at why she heard a voice and wondered if perhaps her mind had made it up. Though worry would be spelt across her face she would neglect to mention the voices she heard so clearly to Lord Osada. With the now familiar voice that Nova knew he would speak to her, "Our records may be limited but I suggest sealing him back for now. Use him as a last resort. You may use the library to research into him. The more you understand your puppet, perhaps the more control you might gain."

A chill would set in in her gut as she raised herself off the floor and looked into Lord Osada's stern face before turning to the limp puppet and performing the jutsu to reseal him with shaking hands. Not only was it a technique that she was not particularly familiar with, a hesitance would cross her mind for a reason she could not quite pinpoint as she did it and nearly failed to properly seal the puppet. Disappearing in a poof of smoke, Sasori would disappear and be replaced by a neatly rolled parchment laying on the stone floor. Still it felt as though there was an empty spot in the back of Nova's mind, a hollow bit where there should have been... something. Tentatively she would lean down and pick the the scroll gingerly, tying a ribbon around it and sliding it into the scorpion puppet beside her. Should Lord Osada look closely enough he would note a paleness of her face opposed to is normal rosy glow and a expression of one trying to remember how to smile. A look of deep seated confusion was visible in her eyes as she struggled with whether the voice she had hear had been Sasori's at all. Mind flitting to the view from below Sasori's red locks and her own gaze met by eyes that seemed more lifelike than not she felt the need to lay down to process. “Thank you for your help and teachings Lord Osada, thank you for permissions in the library, have a good evening”, Nova would bow deeply and sincerely while avoiding looking into Lord Osada's face as she turned on her heel and left with the scorpion trailing behind her, her faux leg hitting the ground in a signature rhythm as she limped out.

[exit]

[569 Word count]
[5572 Total word count]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.