You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Sun May 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Well, this already seemed like an awful start to his morning, all things considered. The moment Seiryū’s eyes had opened he knew something was off. Normally, the time he woke up there was some bustling out in the streets of the slums, yet none too much like the traffic the Grand Bazaar received at all times of the day. Seiryū’s first peak towards his bedroom window gave him enough indication of hwat time it was. The noise outside… or the lack thereof told him more than enough that he had not slept as long as he would have liked, but with his body fully awake and now having both eyes open, there was no other option for him other than to wake up and get on with is day. Looking towards the clock he kept in his room, it read out to him seven in the morning. He had gone to bed relatively late, yet having woken up this early didn’t seem to make much sense to him either. There was no point in him dwelling over things, thus he got up and out of bed, deciding the first thing on the clock would happen to be a shower first and then breakfast directly afterwards.

The hours seemed to have passed by excruciatingly slow, for Seiryū did not have much to do after the clock had read 7:45 am. He didn’t want to go out and do anything, for it seemed that it would likely make him forget the time and it just seemed pointless for him to do anything now. Waiting was even more painful, but it was the only way for him to know he wouldn’t miss the time he had promised Keiko he’d meet her. The Sandy Arena would be able to do the job for whatever it was the he and Keiko would wish to achieve today. As the clock neared the mark of ten in the morning, Seiryū felt he was done with waiting and got ready to head out. His outfit was more combat oriented, wearing the usual dark purple leather jerkin he often wore, it covered up his front and back and didn’t restrict the movements of his arms. For his lower body, Seiryū wore loose-fitting white pants, though while definitely not the most practical, did help him in certain scenarios in deceiving others perceptions of where they could hit him. A belt was tied loosely around his waist, mainly kept there to hold his kunai and senbon. For boots, he wore plain black one’s that he normally wore and were quite well broken into at this point. Grabbing his bow, arrow and quivers, Seiryū made a hasty exit out of his apartment, heading straight for the Sandy Arena, knowing he’d be there more than half an hour earlier than their arranged meeting time.

482|482 Total

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Sunlight shone through flimsy curtains, an insistent wake up call that could not dismissed. The light flooded the tiny bedroom, waking its only inhabitant, a young woman dressed in layers so light that they could barely be considered clothing. Letting out an overly loud, irritated groan, she rolled so that she faced the wall, the only means of attempting to escape the sun that she was beginning to hate so much. Deep sleep was something she treasured, it was difficult to fall asleep because of the hot and dry conditions, so when she did fall asleep, waking up became her new adversary. Ten more minutes of rolling around concluded with Keiko sitting up, knowing that no amount of laying around would help her go back to sleep. A quick glance at the clock told her that it was now 9:30 - a pretty good sleep, she had gotten about 9 hours of sleep, which was quite the accomplishment.

There was something she was going to do today... Something that involved someone else. Who and what were details she'd have to figure out after she was fully awake. Trudging over to the broom closet-sized bathroom, she quickly stripped and showered, wincing as the first drops of cold water hit her skin. But soon that feeling melted into relief as she stood blissfully under the stream of cool water, the only time she would be able to escape the heat. Right then, so she had an appointment today. Training... With Seiryu. That's what it was. She was looking forward to this, but at the same time, it had been a while since she had last done any physical training. This was going to be tough.

After ten minutes, she stepped out, wrapping a towel over her torso, hair dripping water freely onto the mat. It would take her over half an hour to leave the washroom, drying her hair and lathering up on a thick layer of sun protection ointment. She would definitely need it, considering where she was going and what she would be doing today. Keiko pulled on a light pink sleeveless top, with a thin white cardigan over top. For pants, she wore a pair of grey shorts, which was airy and flexible enough for her to move in. She was never one for any protective gear, even if it would probably do her some good in many cases. Her Kirigakure head protector was tied around her left upper arm - she only carried it around when training or partaking in missions. A band was wrapped around her right thigh, with two partially visible kunai knives strapped against her leg. Her typical black boots were ideal for combat... Not so much for the weather. In her right boot was yet another kunai, hidden from view. A single pouch was wrapped around her waist, on the front right side of her body. Inside were a variety of typical medical equipment, including senbon, scalpel and bandages. Apart from those, she carried nothing else, a light traveller and combatant.

By 10:30 she was out the door, heading towards the arranged meeting place. It wasn't hard to spot Seiryu's silver-white hair, and the moment she spotted him, she strolled over, glancing appreciatively at his being. His arms were bare, displaying the muscles that she had been imagining the day before over dinner. "Combat wear suits you." She commented casually. In addition to checking him out, she was also glancing at any visible gear or weaponry that she could discern, not wanting to be caught too much by surprise. "So, Seiryu-san, how do you go about training? "

612 | 612 Total

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
He had been in the process of stretching, getting his muscles loosened up to move around quickly and swiftly. It was a simple routine that Seiryū always went through prior to beginning his training sessions, no matter the degree of intensity he knew he’d hit through the day’s practice. Even in the event of where Seiryū would stand still and practicing hitting targets from… somewhat odd locations, he still went through this very process simply to make sure nothing unavoidable seemingly occurred. Better safe than sorry in this scenario. With his bow and arrow just resting a few feet away from him on the ground, Seiryū stood up tall while extending both his legs to the side. Having his feet placed more than shoulder width apart, Seiryū reached down with both hands, letting them touch the ground and holding that position for ten or so seconds. After that, he went to stand up before repeating the motion once more. After that had been done for the final time, Seiryū finally went to stretching out his shoulders, specifically the one that still was slightly stiff from that senbon a few days ago. Honestly, it would likely not bother him once today was up.

“Combat wear suits you.” The familiar voice and compliment brought a light smile to his face, even if he couldn’t exactly see the face of the woman who had just greeted him in the most… peculiar way. Rotating his shoulders once more, Seiryū’s head turned in the direction of where Keiko currently stood. Quickly noting her appearance and attire, his curiosity only perked slightly, mainly from the cardigan she wore overtop of her shirt. Waving away whatever comment that had developed from that find, Seiryū turned to face Keiko, deciding he was done with his stretching for today. His eyes quickly glanced to his bow and arrow to take note that they still remained where he left them, right next to one of the few training dummies that stood in this particular portion of the training grounds. “So, Seiryu-san, how do you go about training?”

“Well, it’s nice to see you again as well, Keiko-san.” Seiryū jokingly chided as he took a couple of steps towards her. “I suppose your clothes suit you as well.” The comment wasn’t meant to mean anything more than simply observation, similar to the one that Keiko had made. In regards to how he usually went about his own training there wasn’t much he could really do in the way of incorporating it with whatever Keiko usually did to train. All things considered, Seiryū’s training consisted of target practice and placing himself in different scenarios; albeit it was difficult to have moving targets when he was by himself. Often, when he knew there was no likelihood of hurting others, Seiryū would choose to delve in the realm of blindfolding himself while aiming for the training dummies. That exercise however, eventually, became second nature to him, seeing as how the dummies simply never changed positions. He usually didn’t spar with others either, so it was a bit difficult to figure it out, now that he thought about it. It was an impulse to invite her the previous day, but it was his way of apologizing once more, seeing that she wasn’t native to Sunagakure no Sato; he had now noticed her hitai-ate. Unless she wished to learn the art of wielding a bow and arrow, or Fuuinjutsu, Seiryū really didn’t have much to offer now that he really thought about it. “Well, I usually come around here for target practice, but after a while it becomes stale shooting at a still target. Can’t really practice too much after you figure out how far away the targets are and how high to aim. Mainly, I just come here for loosening up my muscles and making sure I keep my senses at their best.” He went lightly in to what he did when training by himself. “Now that I think about it, I don’t have much to really help you in the ways of training other than teaching you how to wield a bow and arrow.” Seiryū mentioned, not going to mention the notion that he hadn’t really thought about how to incorporate Keiko in to his training today. It would be a bit embarrassing should she found out he hadn’t really thought about it before offering last night.

751|1233 Total

4Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Mon May 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Keiko let out a laugh as he reciprocated her compliment. The cardigan served no other purpose than to protect her arms from the sun, and now that she was here, there would be no need for it any longer. Shrugging it off and tossing it to one side, the removal of her top layer of clothing left her own arms and shoulders bare, allowing for free movement. She really should have woken up early and taken some time to stretch. It looked as though she had arrived in the middle of Seiryū’s stretching session, something that she was beginning to wish she had done. Nearly a month of being inactive left her with stiff limbs, her body now unaccustomed to rigorous movement. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too bad.

Listening as Seiryū described his usual training routine, Keiko took the time to pull her hair into a quick ponytail, gathering up her hair to ensure that they wouldn’t get in the way of whatever it is that they would be doing. “Well, I usually come around here for target practice, but after a while it becomes stale shooting at a still target. Can’t really practice too much after you figure out how far away the targets are and how high to aim. Mainly, I just come here for loosening up my muscles and making sure I keep my senses at their best.” That made sense, given that he was a bow and arrow user. Keiko had once considered learning Bukijutsu and some of its components, but that notion had been put on hold after separating with Yuudai to go their separate ways. The Kiri Sannin had been her mentor of choice to learn the art of wielding weaponry. “Now that I think about it, I don’t have much to really help you in the ways of training other than teaching you how to wield a bow and arrow.” A new opportunity had presented itself, and Keiko was eager to take it. Perhaps she could offer something in return. She wasn’t one to owe favours - either she found a direct way of repayment, or she wouldn’t take the offer at all. Giving it a few moments of thought, Keiko considered what he said to try and come up with a suggestion. Her own training generally consisted of trying out new jutsu, or working out mid or long-ranged combinations out in the forest somewhere, often wrecking plant life and whatnot along the way. Recently, she had also incorporated medicine into her practices, spending more time in hospitals working on her healing abilities than actually getting out to train physically.

”Well, if shooting at still targets has become stale, perhaps we should ensure that you can shoot at moving targets just as well.” She suggested innocently. The implication was quite clear, given that there was only the two of them. Definitely not dangerous at all. She was quite sure they still had no idea what each other’s ranks were, which made everything slightly more risky. But she wasn’t quite sure what the proper etiquette was in this village, and didn’t want to risk offense or bringing trouble to herself by asking too many questions. ”We could spar briefly … as long as you try not to kill me, and perhaps figure out how we might be able to teach each other something new? I’d love to take up your offer on learning to wield a bow and arrow, but I’d like to return the favour somehow.”

594 | 1206 Total

5Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Mon May 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
There were the simple tells that Keiko was unused to the heat that Sunagakure no Sato was always exposed to. Seiryū himself was used to it after having spent the majority of his lifetime within the village and the only time he really left its walls was for the purposes of missions or the previous Chuunin Exams which he had went to watch. The sun no longer really bothered him, even if at times the heat could be stifling and there wasn’t much he could do to cool off when he left the village. Nights happened to be a stark contrast, for once the sun went down, the heat seemed to fade away as well. Keiko, being from Kirigakure no Sato, was likely unused to the weather in the Land of Wind compared to the village she originally came from. Having known the fact she would eventually have to leave the village and return to her own home seemed to set in, even if he had asked her about it the previous night. With their two random encounters and one planned encounter thus far to go off of, Seiryū knew he enjoyed the company Keiko provided. Knowing it wouldn’t last made him decide that it was best to enjoy whatever few moments he had with the woman who still remained a complete stranger to him.

“Well, if shooting at still targets has become stale, perhaps we should ensure that you can shoot at moving targets just as well.” A smile flitted across Seiryū’s expression, knowing that there wasn’t much else they could truly do in the ways of training, lest the come to some other solution that would aid them bother in their own training. He knew there was always danger of either of them getting hurt, but considering they wouldn’t try to kill each other, it wouldn’t hurt either. ”We could spar briefly … as long as you try not to kill me, and perhaps figure out how we might be able to teach each other something new? I’d love to take up your offer on learning to wield a bow and arrow, but I’d like to return the favour somehow.” The smile that played across his lips only widened at the mention of not trying to kill her. Even if he could kill her, he didn’t want to. Nor would he. As for teaching each other something new, he already knew what he could offer her, seeing as how she mentioned she would take his offer up on learning to wield a bow and arrow. As for what she could teach him, well he didn’t think there was too much she could offer him.

Knowing that it was highly unlikely he’d be able to form ice like Keiko had, and he would do his own research in to the elements that it took to create the ice, there really wasn’t too much that Keiko could offer him, if he really thought on it. “A spar wouldn’t hurt. Just… try not to make me bleed more than you already have. And consider this training session the favour and in return I’ll help you learn how to wield a bow and arrow, and perhaps delve a bit into kenjutsu, but I lack a proper weapon for it.” Seiryū’s purple orbs would simply look towards his newfound sparring partner. He wondered how different things were in Kirigakure no Sato. He briefly wondered as to why she hadn’t learned bukijutsu from her homeland, considering that it was home to the famed Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. He didn’t know too much about them, just enough to get the general gist of who they are.

628|1861 Total

6Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Tue May 24, 2016 12:32 am

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
When was the last time she had trained with someone? As far as she could remember … never. Keiko was quite the solitary individual by choice, and even being placed on missions with someone else would prompt the thought that there was one too many. Time and circumstance would change that, and so here she was, about to train with another individual. It was both exciting and daunting, as she wasn’t at all certain of what to expect.

“A spar wouldn’t hurt. Just… try not to make me bleed more than you already have. And consider this training session the favour and in return I’ll help you learn how to wield a bow and arrow, and perhaps delve a bit into kenjutsu, but I lack a proper weapon for it.” Not training with others often meant Keiko rarely trained by sparring either. Which was rather unfortunate, now that she thought about it. She did come up with the suggestion herself, but wasn’t quite sure what it would entail. How exactly would they spar? Given that they both knew next to nothing about each other’s abilities – their little show and tell last evening only barely scratching the surface – it was difficult to gauge exactly how much power to put into a fight, even if it was a friendly one. If he was to use his bow and arrow, she would have to switch to jutsu for a long-ranged fight, and if he was anywhere near the rank she predicted that he was, she would quickly be on the losing end simply by running out of chakra. Although she wasn’t sure the extent of it, her chakra wasn’t at its fullest potential the moment she stepped foot into Sunagakure no Sato and its surrounding areas. A combination of heat and needing to keep her body temperature at the norm required much more than hiding out in the shade and the daily cold shower. Even if she trusted him not to try and kill her, it was difficult to predict the state she would be in if they both took sparring seriously.

As much as it hurt her pride, she would need to suggest something else, at least to get started on their training session. ”Should we start with some hand-to-hand combat first? I’ll admit that I don’t specialize in that particular field of combat, but if you don’t mind, we can use that as a warm up before we decide to do anything else. It’ll also help us get nice and personal.” She added the last portion with a sly grin, eyes twinkling playfully as she met his gaze. ”Unless you have any objections …”

Keiko wouldn’t allow herself to finish her sentence, despite making it sound as though she was still in mid-speech. Instead, she would lunge forward to close the gap between them, right arm extending with an outwards-turned palm, fingers pointing to the left. Her aim was for his mid-torso, a general blow to mark the start of their spar. Whether the blow landed or not, unless he grabbed her during this time, she would dance out of the way by moving off to her right to a maximum of three meters, seeking for another chance to either land a blow, or defend against whatever response he might have. This was way out of her comfort zone, even in actual fights during missions, she never stayed within a close combat range if she could help it, knowing that it was far from her forte. Everything she would be using now was a mixture of things she had learned or was forced to use in the past, but since a young age, after determining her specialties, she hadn't bothered spreading out her field of expertise. Something she was likely about to regret.

649 | 1855 Total

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
He knew the range of Keiko’s abilities went to form ice – meaning she had access to both Suiton and Fūton chakra – and being able to utilize it within the realms of ninjutsu, both medical and otherwise, for she did treat the minor wounds the glass had dealt him last night. Beyond that Seiryū only knew of the village she was from and the probability she wasn’t suited to the atmosphere of his home village. He could come to the assumption that Keiko wasn’t too well versed in close-range combat, for she wasn’t too well informed on the art of Bukijutsu, and he could only presume it extended to taijutsu – for he lacked well-versed taijutsu skills other than his own enhanced basics that he picked up over the years and having to fend for himself on the streets. Fighting, or rather sparring in this case, without his weapons was something Seiryū was still unused to and this instance would certainly help, though it could certainly be detrimental as well if he truly thought about it. Shaking off that thought for a brief instance, Seiryū’s ears perked up once more as Keiko spoke up.

”Should we start with some hand-to-hand combat first? I’ll admit that I don’t specialize in that particular field of combat, but if you don’t mind, we can use that as a warm up before we decide to do anything else. It’ll also help us get nice and personal.” He noticed Keiko’s expression changed as she just finished up her initial thoughts. Her implication was not lost on him either and he supposed he could play that game if that was what she wanted to play at. The suggestion of pure hand-to-hand combat would certainly work as far as Seiryū was concerned, if he looked at this in a more practical, objective manner. There was less worry about hurting Keiko unnecessarily with his weapons, but the same would still apply to their hand-to-hand training session. His eyes watched Keiko’s, as she continued on, ”Unless you have any objections …”

Seiryū waited for her to finish, but it didn’t seem to come to come. Instead she simply lunged at him instead of finishing what it was she was going to say. Not really expecting this impromptu start to their training session, Seiryū took the first hit, knowing it was relatively futile of him to try and avoid it. The wind was slightly knocked out of him, Seiryū stumbling one step back as Keiko would place herself at a distance from him. He wasn’t used to close range combat yet, but he certainly needed to adapt to the scenario all things considered. Considering he’d be attaining his Chinese scimitars soon, he needed to feel a bit more comfortable in close quarters, even if the implications from this scenario certainly wouldn’t apply in the future.

Recovering and darting his eyes over to the female, a mischievous glint took over his features as he got ready to dart over towards Keiko. Pushing himself forward with his right leg used to push his body towards over to Keiko, Seiryū would feint with his right hand to strike her middle, while his real intention was to dart around her right side, grabbing her arm in the motion. Should he succeed, he’d hold her arm behind her, using a grip that was familiar to the first day they had met one another. Seiryū would make sure she wouldn’t be hurt by his actions, but there would certainly be slight discomfort with it, given he was hold her hand behind her back. Should the feint fail, Seiryū would simply forgo grabbing Keiko and dash behind her, placing a distance of two meters between the, prepared to retaliate to whichever actions Keiko decided to take. Regardless of the situation, Seiryū would let these words escape his tongue, “If you just wanted to get nice and personal, I know other ways we could’ve done that.” If she really did want to play this game, he wouldn’t be the one to back down from it right now.

704|2565 Total

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
It was nothing but a whim of hers, a spontaneous decision without much thought put into it. Something in her decided that she wanted to make light of the mood as they trained. So with the feeling of excitement and apprehension came an adrenaline that removed what little filter than she had, allowing her to throw out comments that she might have reconsidered if they were still talking over dinner. She figured her ‘nice and personal’ comment would go by unnoticed, or even ignored. No matter how someone looked at it, the two of them were only just past the stranger-stage – one could consider them newly-made acquaitances, at most.

Although her initial move had landed a hit, it was nothing to be proud of. She had used the element of surprise to her advantage, and there wasn’t much force put beyond the blow, nothing that would really help her aside from buying time to put a small distance between them. A distance that Seiryū would quickly close, looking as though he was aiming for her torso as well. Right arm moving to block his incoming blow, too late she realized that it was a feint, and the same arm that she had extended to block was grabbed by Seiryū as he moved moved her, locking her arm in place as he did so. It seemed her comment had now come true, given that their bodies were practically pressed up against each other as he held her in place. Well, this was fun. “If you just wanted to get nice and personal, I know other ways we could’ve done that.” It was inconvenient, and quite uncomfortable, but his comment was what got her attention. So he had decided to play along, which made things infinitely more amusing.

She would tilt her head over her left shoulder to whisper right into his face, just barely two inches away from actually touching him. ”You can’t deny that this is just as fun.” She breathed. Rapidly considering her options, she knew that she first had to get out of this hold before he decided to do more than just keep her in place. It wasn't the most comfortable of all positions, but certainly wasn't anywhere near the worse of what he was likely able to do. And in one fluid motion, she would twist downwards towards the arm he was gripping, ducking under her own arm. Although it twisted her arm rather uncomfortably, the movement would now place her behind Seiryū, and her left arm would come up to land a quick blow on the back shoulder of the offending arm. If he hadn’t let go during her movement and the blow landed, it would hopefully force him to let go of her – the grip he had on her initially wasn’t as tight as it could have been. If he managed to ignore the blow and tighten his hold on her, she would keep her left arm between his right arm and shoulder, in a pseudo-arm bar hold that reversed the situation.

Regardless of how the situation played out, she would throw out another comment. ”You’re going to have to use a lot more force, a gentleman is nice to talk to, but getting physical is another matter.” Of course, ‘getting physical’ could be an innocent reference to the fact that they were sparring, but knowing that he was now aware of her suggestive word play, it would likely bring out another comment from the other.

593 | 2448 Total

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
He watched the back of Keiko’s head, having to crane his neck slightly downward to get a good look at her while still holding the position of her arm while almost being pressed up close to her body. No spar he had in the past had turned in to… whatever it was that this had become between himself and Keiko, but he certainly didn’t deny the fact that he enjoyed this either. Noting Keiko tilt her head towards her left shoulder, Seiryū’s expression was solely one of curiosity mixed with mischievousness, both wonder what it was she would be doing next and running through the various scenarios of how the next few seconds – and the rest of their ‘spar’ – would play out in the grand scheme of things. There were so many things that could result from their spar, so many different scenarios that could occur that he simply accepted to let whatever happens, happen. Her head was shoulder height to him, just slightly above it, yet he heard the words she would usher out regardless. ”You can’t deny that this is just as fun.”

Before he could retaliate with his own reply, Keiko seemed to take things in to her own hands once again. He watched as she ducked down, twisting around so that she’d go beneath her own arm; the one he still had a grip on. Seiryū, just from seeing it, knew that it would be uncomfortable for Keiko, but he wouldn’t let up his grip that easily. From the action that she had taken, Keiko eventually disappeared from Seiryū’s line of sight, immediately knowing she was behind him, for his grip still remained, albeit slackened from the position Keiko had just transferred herself to. He felt a hit against the back of his right shoulder, eerily similar to the first time they had encountered one another and found themselves in a somewhat similar situation to that first day. Instead of Seiryū trying to escort Keiko back to the village, this time they both expected hits to be thrown from the other, given it was a spar – even if they weren’t aiming to harm the other.

Gaining the opportunity, after Keiko’s last hit, to tighten his grip upon Keiko’s arm, he felt the pressure of her free arm coming between his right and his shoulder, trying to restrain his movements even further. It seemed they would be remaining in this position until someone did something to further their sparring session, and Seiryū did have an idea about what he could do. ”You’re going to have to use a lot more force, a gentleman is nice to talk to, but getting physical is another matter.” The comment only seemed to make Seiryū’s grin widen, already having committed to playing the game that Keiko had initiated to begin their training session.

For now, deciding to remain in the position that Keiko had put them in, Seiryū would only slightly turn his head towards the right, being able to glance at Keiko’s head and arm. The smile was apparent on his lips, should Keiko be able to see it from her… shorter stature. “It is fun, but like I said about getting personal… there are a lot more ways to have fun.” With that, he’d wink with the eye that was visible to Keiko, though it could certainly look like a simple blink of the eye, as she would have no knowledge about its counterpart. “If you want rough, who am I to deny a lady her wish?” With a swift motion, he’d retighten his grip on Keiko’s arm and attempt to lift her up and over his shoulder with the strength he had in his right arm and shoulder. He wouldn’t be too forceful with the act, but this was still a spar, even if it held more implications than actual sparring. Should he succeed with the action, Seiryū would make sure she wouldn’t land in an awkward position, though the padding that the sand offered would also aid in that regard. If the action simply didn’t work, Seiryū would loosen his grip at the first instance he would receive, trying to snake his arm out of the hold Keiko had on him. “Are you sure you do want this to be more physical? I’m simply trying to appease you with as much ‘force’ as you can handle.” Regardless of where they would end up, Seiryū’s own face would turn to meet Keiko’s, this time watching her for any sudden movement she took to place herself at an advantage.

782|3347 Total

10Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Tue May 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
It had been a while since she had felt as playful as she did now. It didn’t matter to her whether this actually developed into anything – just simply feeling comfortable enough to express her newfound attraction to her new sparring partner was enough for her. Seeing as they really were nothing more than new acquaintances, she didn’t know enough about him to hold strong feelings. It was all in good fun and likely in mutual attraction, if their little side dialogue throughout their spar was any indication.

Much to her amusement, he continued to speak even after she changed up their positions. Her first blow didn’t do anything to break his grip on her, and so she continued putting pressure against his arm with her free hand. If it was at all uncomfortable for him, he showed no signs of it. “It is fun, but like I said about getting personal… there are a lot more ways to have fun.” His words raised the hairs on her arm, in a good way. She could only imagine what other forms of fun he could mean, but quickly dismissed the thought before her mind wandered a bit too far and kept her distracted. With a gasp of surprise, Keiko found herself being lifted off the ground, her small stature and light frame doing nothing to help keep her grounded. Her left arm was force dout of its hold on him, and within a heartbeat she was flying through the air, over his shoulder. In that moment, while midair, Keiko would use the momentum of her flight to pull her right arm out of his hold, twisting to ensure that her feet were the closest part of her to Seiryū. Without the twist, she would have landed with her head closest to him, and that would place her in a more vulnerable situation that now.

As she headed towards the ground, instead of trying to break her fall, she would extend her legs to aim at his knees. If she was going to go down, she was going to try and take him down with her. As he had mostly swung her over his shoulder as opposed to trying to throw her further away, her body moved in an arc in front of him, increasing the chance that she would land a good blow on his knees. The timing and his height didn’t allow for her to aim anywhere higher, but his knees were still a good choice, knowing that if she hit him hard enough, he would at least buckle slightly before – if at all – regaining his balance. Whether she landed the blow or not, unless he made some movement that stopped her from hitting the ground, she would land shoulders-first, wincing as the arm that had been placed in a hold made its landing. Although it wasn’t necessarily injured, being twisted in awkward positions and used to throw the rest of her body had taken a toll on her now protesting muscles. A rather harsh wake up call for her inactive body.

”I’m beginning to think that trying to get me on the ground and flat on my back was your intention to begin with.” She would say slyly, not bothering to get up if she had ended up on the ground. ”Who are you to dictate how much force I can handle? Adding her last comment in to serve as a challenge and a tease, she would await his response. She wasn't done with this yet, and it was getting much more fun as time passed.

605 | 3051 Total

11Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
The motion had been awkward to perform, but it seemed like the only viable out he had at the moment that wouldn’t be a result of a strike that had the intentions of purely injuring the purple-haired woman. So, even if Seiryū knew that twisting his arm in such a way would hurt him more than it would hurt Keiko, it was the option he went with, purely because there spar really didn’t turn out to be a spar. Aside from that, he simply would’ve spun around for another strike, one that likely would’ve hurt her more than he was attempting to do by flipping her over. While the strain would be present for the muscle in his arm, the weight it was lifting up was surprisingly light compared to what he initially believed, though he supposed Keiko wasn’t putting up much resistance and had some other scheme up her sleeve – even if she didn’t wear any at the moment.

Seiryū’s own words weren’t at a loss to him, knowing exactly what he was suggesting each time he spoke to Keiko during their ‘training session’ thus far. Most of it was done in good nature, simply continuing the trend that the native of Kirigakure no Sato had initiated. The rest of it was simply due to the plain old attraction that developed for him towards a complete and utter stranger. IT had been present the first day and the previous night, yet he still knew next to nothing about the woman other than what she had shown him so far in their limited time together. Regardless of the fact that they got along with one another, aside from their initial encounter, and the secondary detail of their being some form of attraction between them, though he couldn’t be quiet sure, everything he had said so far had been to get a reaction out of the woman and see how things played out. Seiryū could only assume that his opponent was attempting to do the same to him.

With Keiko now being airborne, Seiryū wasn’t sure what she was attempting to do, but his eyes caught sight of the actions she was taking, although most of them seeming to pass by in a blur. Her other arm was no longer touching him and thhen it seemed her right arm slipped out of his grasp as well. Her feet were closer to his body than her head, for Keiko had managed to adjust her body to place her head further away from Seiryū. He really hadn’t expected that to happen, but not knowing what she was fully capable was likely the cause of that. The next thing Seiryū knew was that his knees gave way to the pressure that was pressed against them. It seemed the position Keiko had been able to adjust herself in to helped her reposition herself and it certainly wasn’t the least painful thin he felt either. Feeling his knees go slack, Seiryū knew he’d have to catch himself with his own hands. The first thing he really heard was a light thud against the sand and then it was a sound produced by one of his hands hitting the ground and fortifying itself in that position. His eyes had closed during the fall downward, but as he blinked them open, he was greeted by the site of Keiko being a few inches away from his own face.

”I’m beginning to think that trying to get me on the ground and flat on my back was your intention to begin with. Who are you to dictate how much force I can handle?” Ah, it seemed their little game would still continue on, even with the new position they found themselves in. With his right hand planted solidly on the ground near her head and his knees dug in to the sand by Keiko, Seiryū had no desire to really move from his spot at the current time. If there ‘spar’ really was a spar, his left hand would be prepared to fend off whatever it was that would seemingly come his way.

“And what if that was my intention? Can’t say that I’d hate it, though maybe another view would be even better. Then why don’t you take control and dictate the pace of things?” He suggested in regards to her comment of dictating how much she could really handle. He blinked, his eyes quickly darting from Keiko’s to the area around them. It still felt a bit weird for Seiryū to be in such close proximity to another person, yet he didn’t fight it off either. There was no point in him regretting how they ended up where they currently were, that is if he really regretted it. “Me getting you on your back just led you to  the solution of getting me on top of you, isn’t it?” He intoned, not making any apparent move. Instead, he’d simply go back to watching her and being at the ready for whatever idea she had in mind.

861|4208 Total

12Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 12:23 am

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Either she didn’t think it through, or she had intentionally – subconsciously – wanted things to end up the way they did. As her boot-clad feet made contact with his knees, a single ’oh’ thought ran through her head as she hit the ground. Within milliseconds, he was on the ground with her. More specifically, he was on top of her, propping himself up with a single arm with his face so very close to her own. For a second, she was confused as to how they ended up in this predicament. One moment they were sparring, and the next … well, to any passerby, it would look as suggestive as it felt. It would be a far stretch for anyone to see a man practically on top of a woman and come to the conclusion that they were simply sparring. They were lucky that the spot Seiryū had chosen was currently empty of any people, but that was something they couldn't count on, considering the fact that they were on public training grounds.

“And what if that was my intention? Can’t say that I’d hate it, though maybe another view would be even better. Then why don’t you take control and dictate the pace of things?” Mm, how mischevously suggestive that was to talk about different views. Perhaps it was the direction of where this was all going that had Keiko interpreting his words in this way, or perhaps she had accurately deciphered the meaning behind his cryptic words. To suggest that she take control, that was what she did best, with her rather domineering personality. She couldn't imagine that Seiryū would be the type to be controlled though. Not entirely, anyways. “Me getting you on your back just led you to  the solution of getting me on top of you, isn’t it?” Keiko smirked, neither confirming nor denying his words. In a way, that could be true if she truly had intended on manipulating this exact scenario to occur. He was the one who had thrown her to the ground, but she was the one who tripped him to fall with her. Whether it was intention hardly mattered anymore. What mattered was that it did happen, and she was now dealing with the consequences.

‘He has such lovely hair.’ An idle thought passed through her head as she looked up at him, gravity joining in their little game as it pulled his hair forward, falling around his face. She had noted his hair on the first day they had met, and she wouldn't deny that his hair played a part in the attraction she felt for him. They were much closer than they had been, and if she just lifted her head slightly, she would be able to touch his face with her own with ease. Enough to touch her lips against his, sating a hunger that seemed to have blossom over the course of their brief sparring session. But just in the nick of time, her self-restraint pulled through, and instead of falling into the clutches of instinct and desire, she chose a different – albeit none too different – course of action.

Propping herself up with her elbows, she would lean into him, lightly blowing against the left side of his neck. Whether there was chakra mixed in or not was debatable, but there would be no denying that extra chill as she let out that deliberate breath, a stark contrast with the hot temperature that they were laying under. ”Careful there, maybe you should run while I’m still trapped under you.” She would murmur against his ear. A threat of sorts, but not to induce fear. It was up for interpretation, but likely worded well enough to set him off in the right direction. She would then promptly roll to the left, the side where his arm wasn’t propping him up and blocking her exit.  As soon as she was free from under him, she would quickly get back on her feet, heartbeat having picked up a few paces.

What were they supposed to be doing again? Training. Sparring. Or something. Whatever it was, she wasn’t sure whether she was ready for another round. As cool as she was attempting to play everything, desire had reared its head, and the walls of self-restraint weren’t about to hold. She needed to come up with something to give herself some time to cool her head and reconsider life choices. Never had she found someone attractive in such a short period of time, and as exciting as that was, it was also slightly terrifying. There was no telling what she could or would do if she let instinct take over. Being a headstrong person to begin with, it was admirable that she could recognize her own personal flaw and attempt to prevent what could be a regretful situation from occurring. Whether her willpower would last, however, was a different story.

”Break time? She would call out innocently, eyes following wherever Seiryū would go or do. If she could just get them into the eyes of the public and cool down for a bit, they may be able to resume their training session without much further incidences. There was no question about it, she couldn’t deny her superficial attraction for this man. At the moment, while there may not be anything deeper beyond infatuation, she was hooked. And unless he felt the same, her pride stood on the side of self-restraint, seeking a reason not to be. But the moment she confirmed that it was mutual, it likely wouldn't matter how deep their feelings ran.

-- Exit Thread --

949 | 4000 Total

Training
Perception B-2 -> A-0: 1900 words
Strength C-0 -> C-3: 1875 words
Endurance E-3 -> D-0: 300 words
Remaining: 225 words

13Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Painful Deja-vu [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 1:41 am

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Regardless of their current predicament, gravity seemed to play a role in block the majority of Seiryū’s current vision, for his hair fell forward, obscuring his vision of his direct vicinity. The silvery-white hairs that were a detriment to his own village, he’d put too much effort, time, and money in to keeping them the way they were, solely for a reason that made no sense to Seiryū as he thought about it more and more over the past year or so. Perhaps he could simply stop, just let things be how the needed to be, yet something inside of him currently stopped him from going forward with that particular notion. Only the person below him wasn’t concealed – like the remainder of the training grounds were – by his pesky hair in this scenario. His mind began to run through varying images, each one containing a second person who he could clearly see with his own eyes at the moment. Each one wasn’t fit for this place, nor did he feel like they’d ever occur if she knew exactly who he was; knew more about him than just his name. The urge to move away was not present for him, his mind satisfied in keeping this close proximity to her, yet knowing it wouldn’t last for more than a few more seconds.

Not entirely sure what was transpiring, as his gaze was lost watching the woman below him, noticing that her hair slowly began to lift itself off the sand. His eyes slowly moved to watch the rest of her person, noting that she was infinitely closer now than she had been before. Yet, what Seiryū’s inner desires wanted to happen never seemed to come to fruition, for he felt a cool breath against the left side of his neck, one that he felt was far colder than what would be considered humanly possible. “Careful there, maybe you should run while I’m still trapped under you.” The quietness of her voice almost passed through his ears without Seiryū actually being aware of what she said. His mind had been wrapped up in an entirely different scenario, filled with a hunger for it to actually happen, that he barely tuned back in as Keiko had actually spoken to him. Just picking up the tail end of her statement, Seiryū’s mind decided, if he had the option, there would be no running away. His brain, however, decided that he should get as far away as possible. There was no point staying around someone who would simply disappear on him once more. After all, she did originate from Kirgakure no Sato.

“Break time?” He didn’t know how long it had been since he’d been lost in thought, trained on the imaginary thoughts that likely would never come to be a reality, as far as his mind was concerned. Even if there was a mutual attraction from Keiko, it was likely that once she actually got to know him, she would fall in line with the rest of them and leave him. It was inevitable, seeing as how she was from another village. Besides, they were still mere strangers who were well acquainted with one another. The thought of remaining in their current situation, as acquaintances didn’t sit right, but he couldn’t do anything to remedy that.

- Exit Thread -
566|4774 Total

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.