You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 3:30 am

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
The time that had passed between then and now seemed to tick by slowly, Seiryū had remained at the training grounds where he and Keiko had occupied from the moments before they began their brief ‘spar’. He knew that things shouldn’t delve in to that specific territory again with Keiko, not because he didn’t want it, but for the reasoning of wanting it to occur again. Self-control and restraint, that’s what he needed should Keiko decide to let their discussion delve back in to that area. The urge to go back there remained present, though his own attempts tried to keep it at bay and hope that he’d be able to teach Keiko the art of utilizing a bow and arrow without too many complications. Seiryū already knew that it would involve helping her out, knowing he’d have to aid her in adjusting her stance and how she would hold the weaponry. Other than that Seiryū needed to avoid getting to close to her, for he had already lost his self-control earlier to an extent, not physically, but mentally and emotionally.

With his bow in his left hand, for Seiryū was left eye dominant, he began making his way towards a distance of twenty meters away from the nearest training dummy. He knew that Keiko would need an arm-guard for when she would actually utilize the weapon, simply to make the experience more user-friendly towards her and to avoid skinning her forearm from the bowstring. Know that he thought about it a bit further, Seiryū knew he lacked quite a bit of the training gear that Keiko would potentially need. Seiryū didn’t require gear for himself, having been shooting a bow and arrow from the very first memories he could recall with ease. The lack of a finger tab and chest protector could likely pose a problem for Keiko and she may require them for learning to practice Kyuujutsu. He was sure the Keiko would likely have an easier time learning if it was from someone who actually knew how to teach, instead of someone who only knew how to do and never really taught anyone anything. His eyes would glance around the area, taking notice if Keiko was still around or would be returning; had she wandered around during their ‘break time’.

Pulling one arrow out from his quiver, the motion of nocking the arrow and drawing the bowstring back was fluid; graceful from the years of practice he had with a bow and arrow. Other shinobi would likely be able to learn it quickly, for it wasn’t too difficult when compared to throwing senbon, kunai, and shuriken over long distances. Keiko would likely pick it up far quicker than Seiryū had, but he only had the years of experience behind his belt compared to her, who would be a relative newcomer to kyujutsu. Drawing in a light breath, and taking a second glance to aim at the dummy, the three fingers that drew back the bowstring and arrow relaxed, letting the bow snap back to the position that the string would naturally hold. The arrow took flight, aimed directly at the center dummy out of the five that were present. Hearing the sound of the arrow hitting the stuffed figure and noticing where it landed, he knew his mind wasn’t entirely focused at that moment, still replaying the last few seconds of his and Keiko’s spar. Simply put, he was still thinking about the short moment that they had upon the ground.

597|597 Total

2Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 8:34 am

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Going their separate ways for the break was a remarkably smart decision. They didn’t speak at all after agreeing to a break, which left the atmosphere unnnaturally tense and awkward. While she headed back towards the village, Seiryū appeared to have decided to remain on the training grounds. Keiko had inititally hoped the two would go on their break together and spend some time away from the very location that they had just spent their time sparring in – along with other unmentionables that she had spent the entire break trying to wrap her mind around. Instead, she ended up leaving alone and that actually proved to be what she needed. She only made one stop during her break, to grab something to drink from one of her favourite shops. Most of the time was spent lost in her thoughts as she walked, dwelling on the various mental objects that ran through her mind.

It wasn’t like a first crush in the Academy or anything. Keiko had her share of those and the time beyond that already. She was no stranger to the idea of feeling attraction for another person. But when that person happened to be a stranger she had met on a few days ago, far from her own homeland, and appealing so much to her internal desires … that was where the problem stood. Don’t get emotionally attached, Kitahara Keiko. It won’t be fun. The thought rang through her head, a clear warning from the piece of her mind that still held reason. If she was really honest, she wasn’t planning at all on holding back entirely. Why try and fight herself? Still, there was a fine line that she needed to remember not to cross. The line that would result in her getting hurt emotionally, the line that she had crossed too many times already. As she left the village and headed to the Sandy Area once more, the kunoichi took a series of deep breaths. She was determined not to let what had happened earlier to get between the next portion of their training session, and hopefully she would be able to alleviate some of the awkwardness that hung in the air as well.

Swinging a water canister by its strap – a recently acquired purchase during her break time – she made her way back to Seiryu, quietly approaching as she realized he had begun target shooting. As she watched the arrow fly through the air, Keiko marveled at the natural movement, completed with ease. She had held a bow and arrow before, even used it, but that was years ago, and at the level of a complete amateur. Much like she was now. ”Tea?” She would offer the canister to him, which was filled up three-quarters with cold tea. Tea that had been lukewarm to start, but she figured if she couldn’t have hot tea, she might as well make it a refresher for the hot weather. Which was exactly what she had done. If he didn’t take it, she would set it alongside her cardigan, which she had neglected earlier and throw it vaguely off to the side.

”So, sensei, what are you teaching me today? Moving to stand next to him, she admired his handiwork on the dummy, but not exactly knowing what details to take in. She was aware that normally learning weaponry required practice equipment. Guards, protectors, even forms of dumbed-down weaponry for a smoother lesson. Unless Seiryū had any of these sealed up somewhere, it appeared Keiko would be learning things the old-fashioned way.

602 | 602 Total

3Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Seiryū wasn't aware of when she had returned to the training grounds from her trip back towards the village, for his mind was still preoccupied between replaying the recent events and the possible scenarios that could have resulted from the instance he and Keiko had been in just a short while ago. While his eyes remained focused on his arrow that hadn’t hit the mark he was aiming for, he ears were attuned to hearing her footsteps to judge how far away she was from him, without bothering to glance her way; he wasn’t sure how they would continue on to their training with his own mind still preoccupied. His own arrow hadn’t hit the dead center of the dummy like he had been aiming for and it should have hit the mark for Seiryū had done this countless times in the past. He was thrown off kilter because of her, and because he let himself play along with that game. Seiryū could only assume that it was done as a jest on her part, yet his own mind was filled with the same things playing over and over again. It was simply better for his own wellbeing to put it out of mind and just see Keiko as just another person he met; less emotion and more stability. What exactly was the point of developing some form of attachment… connection to someone who would inevitably have to leave the village he resided within?

“Tea?” The simple question had brought his attention back to Keiko, pushing out whatever direction his mind wanted to head towards. There was no use dwelling over the unavoidable, so he tried to adjust himself to what this should be… should have been from the start – a training session. With a shake of his head to decline the offer, not really being much of a fanatic of tea, Seiryū would lower his bow and spot Keiko taking her place next to him. “So, sensei, what are you teaching me today?” If he wanted to, he could have easily turned their conversation back to what it had originally become, an exchange of suggestions between them.

Instead of diving straight back in to that territory, Seiryū found it best to simply address what it was they were going to be doing, even if they both knew, seeing as he had offered to do this before they began their spar. “I think you already know what I’ll be teaching you.” He offered as a way of words before motioning towards the bow he held with his free hand. Before he would offer up the bow, he had an arrow to retrieve and a simple question that needed answering. “Though, I don’t think I qualify as a sensei, seeing as how I don’t have all the proper practice equipment… I have no use for them myself, so I never got around to getting them.” Having learned from an early age and without the practice gear himself, there was never any need for him to go out and actually get the proper practice gear. Seiryū knew how to use the equipment properly – he wasn’t sure if he could teach that – thus the need to buy practice gear never came. Walking towards the training dummy to retrieve the arrow that he had planted in it just a few seconds ago, he would ask over his shoulder, “I presume you know which is your dominant eye?” If she didn’t, the explanation would be short and simple, for it wouldn’t take more than a few seconds to figure out which was the dominant one. After that, he’d actually begin teaching her to use the weaponry.

622|1219 Total

4Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Unless she had misjudged his kyūjutsu skills, he was definitely preoccupied with something else. Whether it was on her account or not, it seemed this change had only recently occurred, either during or after their brief sparring session. As a result, she could only infer that it was likely because of their little close encounter earlier. Did it put him in a foul mood? Perhaps she had misjudged the entire situation and made incorrect assumptions regarding his willingness to participate in her little flirting game. The thought put Keiko in a troubled mood, an onslaught of doubt crashing over her like a wave. She was certain that he had been returning the jests, the little verbal exchange of seductive playfulness. Her brows furrowed as she replayed what had happened only moments before, trying to find a clue that she had been misreading him all along.

“I think you already know what I’ll be teaching you.” His straightforward response cut through her thoughts, but did little to alleviate her of her doubts. Suddenly, he seemed almost business-like, continuing to explain that he lacked the proper practice equipment and whatnot. Keiko was barely listening, nodding once in a while to give off the image that she was acknowledging his words. It seemed he was going to completely write off what happened earlier, and Keiko was in no rush to bring it up. Especially seeing how he was acting now, giving off a vibe that was almost entirely a polar opposite to how he had been acting before. If he was going to do this, then two can play at this game. She decided she would just go with it and act as she normally would to any new acquaintance.

“I presume you know which is your dominant eye?” At least she knew that much, but she didn’t need to be familiar with kyūjutsu to know which was her dominant eye, considering the fact that she was a long-ranged fighter. Lifting her right hand to her face, she tapped her face with a finger, just below her left eye. Eager to start, she held out her hand for his bow. But as she did so, a thought struck her. Was he really going to let her use his bow and arrow? Many of the weapon-users that she knew were very protective of their weapons, often not even allowing others to touch them. Though she hadn’t expected him to be prepared with practice equipment, it wouldn’t have come as a surprise if he ended up requesting that she go and get her own weapon – whether it was a practice piece or not – for their training session.

"That bow … is it yours? She would ask, gaze moving fro the bow back to his face. Her eyes searched his face, once again looking for any indication that the man she had sparred with just moments ago was still there. "If you want, we could postpone this training session. Until I get myself something I could practice with.” Kicking herself with every word, she really hoped he would dismiss her suggestion and go on with the training. But however much she didn’t want to say those words, she felt obligated to, suddenly feeling something akin to guilt. "Or I could just learn by watching you. I wouldn’t mind that either, and I’m sure I can pick up a thing or two.” Not true. Given that she knew next to nothing about shooting a bow and arrow apart from the short lesson she had received years ago, watching him would probably only solidify the fact that she was a complete beginner. At this point, she was basically doing what she would call verbal-vomit as she continued to babble, getting more flustered with every comment she made. Her pale cheeks were beginning to flush a slight pink. An irony, almost, seeing as she had managed to make all those comments earlier without batting an eye, but now she could barely remain her normal self.

678 | 1280 Total

5Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Wed May 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Shifting the bow over to his left hand, Seiryū’s right would grasp on to the shaft of the arrow that had embedded itself in the training dummy. Pulling it out was fairly simply, for his hold on it was as close to the arrowhead as it could be. With one slightly forced yank, he retrieved one of the ten arrows he kept in his quiver at all times; the other nine resting within the quiver he had strapped to his back. Seiryū didn’t carry a vast amount as most archers kept, but he had always been one to pick his shots carefully and efficiently as possible; and then using other means to finish a job if possible. Most missions he had done thus far only needed a couple of well-placed shots for the mission to be completed; others didn’t require that particular skillset. Regardless of how many arrows others thought to be ideal to carry around, Seiryū found that ten certainly did the job and should the need arise to increase that amount, he would.

He only caught a glimpse of the motion Keiko had made with her hand of just tapping below her left eye to indicate which of the two she was dominant with made things a bit simpler for teaching Keiko. For one, Seiryū would not have the need to mirror the movements to adjust for her being a right-eye dominant individual. This simple fact would make it so that he would simply need to help Keiko get a proper stance and hold on the bow, though most of what he had learned over the course of time had been to feel. Teaching that particular aspect was near impossible, Seiryū could only instruct her so far on that region of kyūjutsu before he’d have to let her decide for herself, eventually she would grow comfortable with such wielding the weapon.

Making his walk back towards Keiko – having deposited the arrow back in to his quiver, taking a leisurely pace, he glanced around the area once more, noting that it had remained in its empty state. It was still the two of them, which he secretly wished to keep that way. Perhaps things could go back to how they had been prior to their break, where it was light jests and suggestive suggestions to one another. That, however, would dampen his resolve to keep her away; in an emotional sense. He knew what would happen, it happened time and time again and he simply didn’t want that number to increase by another number. Seiryū’s own needs and wants were put behind him, so he could keep that safety net he constructed present. Better there be a distance in the first place over an attachment that would disappear; as the person would.

“That bow… is it yours?” It was indeed his own. He could barely recall purchasing it over a year ago, it had taken him too long to find a bow that he was truly comfortable with and when he did find it, he immediately jumped on the boat of purchasing the weapon. He listened as Keiko suggested the he option of postponing this particular training session, though he knew that he would shoot it down after he listened to whatever she had to say. The idea of seeing Keiko again was something he’d enjoy, but the perspective of cutting his time with her short was also something he didn’t want to happen. It was contradictory in a sense, his brain wanted there to be a distance, so the less time together the better. Yet the rest of him wanted the complete opposite; more time and less distance. There was no point in rattling his brain for it to come to a conclusion that his whole person agreed to, for no matter what he chose, the other half would argue against the decision. He stopped just a three feet away from Keiko.

“Unfortunately for you, we won’t be postponing this training session.” He tried to make light of it and noticed the flush of her cheeks after he said those words; though it had been present before he began speaking. “And you’ll also be stuck using my bow, no matter how disgusted you are by it.” The latter half was attempting to make a joke of the situation; of his unpreparedness. Even with his sense of humour not being in an ideal working condition at the moment, for it was still stuck on the more… intimate suggestions, Seiryū let out a light laugh at that, a half-smile on his lips, albeit slightly forced. Shrugging the strap of the quiver off his right shoulder, for he hadn’t bothered to put it on properly earlier, he would let it rest upon his forearm. His quiver still held the arrows, though it was currently swinging back and forth in a rhythmic motion. “As much as you may want to watch me,” That had slipped out, “I figure its best for you to learn first-hand.” With both the bow and arrow in reach of Keiko, he’d let her take them from his grasp and let her get prepared. “Let’s start off by showing me what you know.”

883|2102 Total

6Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Thu May 26, 2016 1:05 am

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Willing herself to calm down and stop making a fool out of herself, Keiko bit down on her lip to stop herself from saying anything further. She had provided him with enough options, and now it was up to Seiryū to respond with a decision. Of course, even as she suggested that they postpone the training session, she had shamelessly worded it so that she clearly meant to still learn from him, even if it had to be at a later date. No matter how confused or doubtful she was feeling, it was without a single doubt that she wanted to see him again, regardless of how awkwardly they acted around each other. For as long as she was staying in Sunagakure no Sato, at this moment, she wanted nothing more than to be able to stick around her newfound companion.

“Unfortunately for you, we won’t be postponing this training session.” She almost, almost let out an audible sign of relief. But thankfully, she managed to save herself that embarrassment by doing it internally instead. A response that confirmed to herself that she really didn’t want today to be cut short like she had so stupidly suggested. “And you’ll also be stuck using my bow, no matter how disgusted you are by it.” … Right. The sides of her mouth twitched, but she forced down a smile and bit down a response, figuring that now was not the best time to throw back a cheeky response. It was comments like these that Seiryū made that had Keiko running around in circles, unsure of whether he really had a hidden implications behind his words, or if she was overthinking things.

”Stuck isn’t the right word, it’ll be my pleasure to be able to use your personal bow.” She tried to go for formal, but for some reason, it didn’t seem to come out right. Maybe it was better if she didn’t say anything at all. Catching her bottom lip between her teeth, she held it there, eyes flickering from Seiryū’s face to the bow and arrow being offered to her. Taking them from him, she turned to face the dummies and attempted to replicate a proper stance. Her footing was placed with her right leg in front and angled parallel to the target, left leg resting in the back to stablize her stance. But beyond that, everything else was awkward and unnatural as she attempted to get prepared enough to even let the arrow loose.

Nocking the arrow proved to be a bit of a challenge, and after multiple failed attempts, she finally got it. It was a tad frustrating when she didn’t know what she was doing. The attempt to show him what little she knew occurred in less than a couple minutes, but it was enough to demonstrate that she really didn’t know much. Clearly she needed work. The only 'weaponry' she was accustomed to were considerably smaller in size, like the kunai and senbon that she carried on her. She had always thought it to be a hassle to carry around weapons, despite the large population of bukijutsu users back home. Now she was beginning to regret not at least expressing a little more interest in weaponry back at the Academy.

”This might be more enjoyable if I just watched you.” She would mutter under her breath, just barely audible so that he would only catch it if he was paying attention.

583 | 1863 Total

7Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 am

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
A pleased expression took place once he heard her compliment his weapon of choice; well not necessarily compliment it directly, but simply accepting to use it rather than a bow that held no personal value to either of them. Most of the time Seiryū would not want someone else laying a hand upon his weapons, especially when it came to complete and total strangers. Much like everything else that had happened today, he was glad to have Keiko around, though comfortable wasn’t the exact wording he would use to characterize what he felt around her. There seemed to be a constant buzz of excitement going on inside of him, yet there was no need for him to try and settle it down to be comfortable. Rather, he was comfortable with their previous interactions, perhaps a bit too much so. Seiryū could recall similar feelings in the past, yet that had been the extent to it, just a few interactions with another party that resulted in nothing. It was easy and simple for him to reach the conclusion this wouldn’t be any different – there was no reason for him to believe otherwise.

Seiryū watched her expression, noting her bit her lip before turning to face the bow and arrow he held out towards her. He wondered what they would feel like in the moments that followed, while letting Keiko prepare herself for the next portion of their training session. As much as he wanted to put it out of mind, he simply couldn’t. While they hadn’t done anything that would be considered too intimate, it wasn’t often that Seiryū found himself in these kinds of scenarios, for that number didn’t exceed the amount of fingers he had on one hand.

Taking note of the stance she had taken once he noticed her not adjusting her position anymore, Seiryū took a step backward to get a better overall grasp about how her stance was. There were certainly flaws, but there were likely even more flaws that he couldn’t spot himself. It wasn’t due to the fact he was easily distracted by her legs or his lack of knowledge, but rather he wasn’t someone who could easily teach another person. He could only help Keiko so much, but she’d have to be able to learn further elsewhere; be it by herself or through someone else. Seiryū attempted to stifle a laugh as she failed at nocking the arrow, but it failed for a short laugh had escaped him, causing him to shake his own head at himself. He hoped she wouldn’t take offense to it.

”This might be more enjoyable if I just watched you.” If only she knew how enjoyable it currently was for him.

Moving around behind her, measuring the distance between Keiko and the target, he decided this was really the only way to help her get a feel for a proper stance. “I’d have to disagree. It’s certainly more enjoyable watching you.” There was a smirk apparent on his face, though it was likely she wouldn’t see it lest she turn to face him. “You can turn the bow slightly, but it’s preferable if you hold it perpendicular to the ground. For this one at least. Also, relax. Don’t let your muscles remain stiff.” He’d instruct lightly as he stepped up behind her. With his hand that would have ease of access to the drawn back arrow and bowstring, he would guide her own to undraw the bow for the time being. “Keep you grip firm, but comfortable… on the bow. You don’t want to have it in a stiff grip.” The words were quieter than he intended them to be, but there was no need for him to yell out the instructions either for their proximity was about less than a foot between one another. Taking a hold of the arm holding the bow, he would raise it to what would be her shoulder height. Should she let the him guide her arm, it would be straight and locked at the elbow as well. After that, he’d usher out the next set of instructions, “Now, draw the arrow back, relax you grip on it. Since we don’t have arm guards, it’s up to you if you want to shoot. All you really need to do is take aim and let the arrow loose.” He felt his instructions certainly weren’t the best, but they were better than nothing, he presumed. Seiryū would talk a step back to reassess her stance should it shift again.

777|2879 Total

8Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Thu May 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
The last time she had taken lessons on archery, she was certain it was with a smaller practice bow, appropriate for her age and size at the time. She vaguely remembered being micro-managed in every aspect of preparing to shoot the arrow, from the placement of her feet to the tilt of her head and her finger placements on the bow and drawstring. It didn’t do much to help her learn by herself though – as far as she could recall, everything was dictated and fed to them by the teacher, and it didn’t take her long to announce her disinterest for weilding a bow and arrow. Having given up before she even truly started left her with nothing but a bad taste in her mouth, with absolutely no skills acquired.

As though she wasn’t flushed enough, her embarrassment further increased as she continued to demonstrate that she lacked the skill to even hold the bow and arrow properly. The short laugh that escaped Seiryū did not escape her notice, and while she didn’t say anything about it, her cheeks with a shade more pink, blood rushing to her face in response to her feelings. But as flustered as she was, as long as he was willing to continue teaching her, Keiko knew this was one lesson that she wouldn’t walk away from. Even if it meant making a fool of herself, much to her pride’s chagrin. Feeling him move behind her only solidified her determination to pull through this lesson. As immature as it was, she was estatic that her fails meant that he would personally have to help her get into the correct position. Something that she thought he wouldn’t do at first, considering the rather cold treatment she was getting from him now, but he was proving otherwise. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, though given that she was more sensitive to heat than others would be, that wasn’t out of the norm.

“I’d have to disagree. It’s certainly more enjoyable watching you.” Of course it would be, considering how comical she must seem right now. Trying exceedingly hard not to be distracted by his close proximity and brief physical contacts, she instead focused her attention on his instructions. Allowing herself to be guided, she waited until he was satisfied before drawing once more per his instructions. Her grip was still much tighter than it should have been, but his reminder got through to her, and she attempted to relax it by just a smidgen, worried that if she relaxed too much, she’d end up losing control of it. Staying as still as possible, she closed her right eye like the amateur that she was, focusing on her dominant eye as she aimed towards the middle dummy. Of course she was going to shoot, arm guards or not. Taking a deep breath, she let the arrow fly. A twinge of pain shot through the underside her left forearm, but she was too preoccupied with watching the arrow soar through the air … and land about a meter before the dummy, about half a meter to the left of it.

“… Again.” Letting her arms relax at her sides, still holding the bow, she ran forward to retrieve the arrow, turning after she picked it up to look back at Seiryū. Bracing herself for a comment about her poor performance, she made her way back towards him. “I don’t think you’re a bad teacher, I might just be a poor student. If you start feeling sorry for your bow, do tell me, and we’ll call it a day.” She would say, letting out a dry laugh. She would then turn to stand where she had been again, doing her best to set up like how he had just taught her. Successfully knocking the arrow this time, she turned to look at him for confirmation, searching his face once more.

670 | 2533 Total

9Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Taking a moment to watch the trajectory of the arrow, he could only come to a certain amount of conclusions as to why Keiko had missed the mark entirely. For a first shot however, it certainly wasn’t the worst, for it could have easily been further off the mark than it had been this time. Having seen the arrow land a meter in front of the dummy and a bit off to the left of it, he knew there needed to be some adjustments to her aim, but he could not be entirely sure given how little he knew about teaching other people how to wield a bow and arrow – that number reaching the immaculate milestone of one. “… Again.” Seiryū watched her dart off to retrieve the arrow, his eyes remaining trained on her figure as she picked up the item. He stored that piece of information in mind, coming to the logical conclusion that she had some form of training in kyūjutsu prior to today. Elsewise, there was no reason for her to utter out that particular word.

Hearing her state that it was likely her own fault – as a student – that she had missed made him shake his head internally. There were so many things that one could pick out from a basket, but Seiryū knew that was not one of them. If anything, it was his fault for being a horrible instructor as he convinced himself of. “I don’t think feeling sorry for the bow would be the right word.” Seiryū commented, though not expressing in detail what he truly thought about the situation. Delving back in to that world, the one they had not even fifteen minutes ago, would likely just set himself up for disappointment in the future. Watching Keiko take up her stance once more and the looking towards him for some form of confirmation, Seiryū would step up beside her and watch her stance for a brief moment. “Still too stiff.” He mentioned regarding her stance once more. “Put your mind at ease and don’t think too heavily about what you’re doing. Personally, overthinking things has never worked out for me.” As far as shooting a bow and arrow, that last statement was one-hundred percent correct. “Don’t hesitate to take your time,” Keiko was still learning, thus there was no need to rush, “and feel things out. Get comfortable with the weapon. You know those clichéd sayings of ‘be one with the weapon’? Well, as farfetched as that saying is, try to keep it in mind.” Seiryū would finish off, trying to determine how much of what he said would have an effect on Keiko’s performance this go around with the bow and arrow.

460|3339 Total

10Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Thu May 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Self-consciousness was not a term that normally frequented her personal vocabulary. Being a rather head-strong, determined person, Keiko may have had doubts and minor insecurities, but what others thought of her generally didn’t bother her much. If she realized that being self-conscious was exactly her state right now, her past self would’ve likely punched her in the face. Somehow, in every moment, she was waiting for his approval, for him to confirm that yes, she was doing a good job. And even if she wasn’t, it only meant that he would step in to correct her. Which wasn’t bad either.

The temperature had increased as it reached the peak hours of the day, sun shining mercilessly on the below people. Beads of sweat was forming on her forehead, but Keiko chose to ignore her obvious discomfort in favour of continuing the lesson. It was almost dizzying, the combination of heat, swirl of emotions, and concentration. The training session would have to end at some point, before she committed the worse embarrassing act yet – passing out from heat exhaustion. Even though they weren’t using any chakra at all during their training, the heat was taking its toll, and her endurance was rapidly wearing off.

The last time it had happened was during her second week in Sunagakure. At the time, still full of energy and under the impression that she would be able to rapidly increase her training by putting herself in a much harsher condition, she had decided she would test out the effectiveness of her hyōton techniques out in the burning hot desert. She lasted about an hour of exhausting her energy before collapsing under the heat. Luckily some chuunin of the village had been out completing a mission and helped bring her back to the safety of the village. Since then, she had decreased the time she spent training, and had instead been working on adapting as much as she could to the greatly different climate that was the Land of Wind.

“Still too stiff.” His comment, although true and very applicable to the way she was holding the weapon, was almost begging for a retort. Cue the verbal vomit. Somehow her frustration and less-than-ideal physical and mental state crashed together, wrecking a hole through her self-restraint. ”So teach me how to relax, sensei. We might need extra lessons just for that.” She murmured, as she took in the rest of his advice. Without waiting for his response, she drew back and let the arrow fly once more. This time, it struck at leg post of the dummy. However, by the time it reached the dummy, it lacked in power, and instead of burying itself into the wood, it simply bounced off and hit the ground. Letting out a hiss of exasperation, Keiko turned to look at Seiryū, face twisted into what looked suspiciously like a childish pout with her bottom lip jutted out slightly, and her eyebrows were scrunched together.

505 | 3038 Total

11Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Fri May 27, 2016 1:29 am

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
“So teach me how to relax, sensei. We might need extra lessons just for that.” She just had to go and say such a thing. The soft sound reached his ears as he stood just a few feet away from her. Seiryū just caught sight of Keiko drawing back his bow once more and letting the arrow loose. Deciding to let his attention go to the training dummy before addressing the things Keiko had just said, for he had decided that they’d continue their little game from earlier if she was so adamant about it. There was no avoiding it, he found himself coming to that conclusion as time continued to pass on. Instead, knowing that she’d only be in the village for a short while longer – he presumed – it was best to simply enjoy her company while he could. Seiryū could only do so much, but there was no denying what his mind was thinking the entire time. Her departure was bound to happen, so all he really needed to do was let his mind settle on the fact that she would leave while enjoying whatever little time they would share together. Considering two of their meetings had been random encounters and one planned out, he’d much rather things be a little bit more guaranteed than be allowed up to chance.

The sound of the arrow cutting through the air was short lived, for it certainly did hit her target this time, albeit not directly on the mark. Watching the arrow sadly bounce off the stuffed figure was still an improvement over what had happened the last go around with the bow. Turning his eyes back towards Keiko, her expression being something that kept his attention completely, Seiryū wondered what exactly it was that was running through her mind in that moment. Whether it was regarding their current lesson or something else entirely, he was interested in finding out what it was, but the more important matter at hand needed to be dealt with.

Taking a step towards Keiko, Seiryū would pause before speaking in a tone that would effectively only be heard by himself and the attractive woman before him. “How about in two days, you meet me at Kobi’s Pub? Say around seven o’clock?” He clearly meant in the evening, for there was no need for them to go there during daytime hours. Leaning in closer towards Keiko, in an even quieter tone than he had previously taken, he’d refer back to her earlier statement, “We can have that extra lesson then. I’m sure it’ll be more enjoyable than today’s.” After finishing his sentence, Seiryū would pull away and watch Keiko’s expression, taking note of any changes that would occur with what he had said – if there were any.

- Exit Thread -
472|3811 Total

Training:

Last edited by Seiryū on Fri May 27, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Included Training)

12Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Empty Re: Take Two [Private|Invite Only] Fri May 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
She almost expected him to completely ignore her comment. Give her some remark about how terrible she was doing, and attempt to fix her up again. Even so, she couldn’t help it, even the pout on her face didn’t waver as she awaited his response. Waiting for him to say something, anything. There was a moment’s pause, and then he was walking closer to her. Without saying anything, he moved a step towards her, their gazes locked together, but it was difficult for her to read his expression. Did she offend him? Maybe it was time to call it quits. Doubt worried at her nerves, and her expression relaxed out of a pout and into a more neutral expression.

“How about in two days, you meet me at Kobi’s Pub? Say around seven o’clock?” Her eyes widened in surprise. The mouth that had just returned to neutral dropped slack as she processed what he was asking her. He had just directly asked her to meet him at a pub, with a specific location and time. Was that what he was thinking about all this time? Or a response to her latest comment? This was so confusing, but Keiko was no longer complaining. He had just asked her out, and to something that wasn’t training. “We can have that extra lesson then. I’m sure it’ll be more enjoyable than today’s.” His quiet addition sent delightful shivers down her spine, and her eyes darkened ever so slightly. Warmer, eager. Two days felt like a long time, but it didn’t matter. There was now something she could look forward to.

“If sensei is requesting it, who am I to refuse?” She would respond in a volume matching his, but now suddenly, the use of the title was much less innocent. “Better make sure you have preparations for then.” It could be that she was referring to the fact that he didn’t have the necessary practice material for today’s training. A simple reminder or sorts. But then again, she knew exactly what she was implying, and she was certain he would to – after all, they were going to meet at a pub. With a hint of a smile gracing her features, she’d then run off towards the dummy to retrieve the arrow, leaving Seiryū to his thoughts.

-- Exit Thread --

396 | 3434 Total

Training
Strength C-3 -> B-3: 3100 words
Endurance D-0 -> D-1: 325 words
Words Remaining: 9

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.