You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
He didn't feel like sitting at home today; nor was going into town proper really appealing to him. Might as well go hang out somewhere fun; and given he was usually left plenty alone when he wandered over towards the Lightning Grounds... well; he liked it there. Good place to train and work on new Fuuinjutsu; since he could work without fear of someone else being hurt if one backfired. And boy, did they ever. He'd tried an idea for a barrier not a week ago that nearly took his face off when it blew. Took him four days to repair the crack in Brotherhood's blade. Not a happy day. Hell, he still smelt like smoke and singed hair.

So we skirted the edge of the grounds, snickering softly whenever a bolt impacted the ground; swaying with the shaking they would cause at his feet. He was swinging his blade around a bit wildly; testing the new balance that resulted from the repairs. He'd added some weight to the pommel, trying to correct an issue that had been arising with a lack of power in his swings. Seemed like a simple weight error; so now he was testing a fix.

Himitsu

Himitsu

D-rank
Himitsu was still new to the Village Hidden in the Clouds. . . She was trying her hardest not to seem mentally deficient to strangers, AND she was failing so miserably that it should have been spelled with a 'ph'.
As she walked into what a local had called the 'Thunder Grounds' she noticed that the ground was uneven. Horribly uneven and cracked as if lightning had struck those places.... Might be where it got it's name from. She didn't have a single clue because she was not a native to this village, but a defected ninja from the Village hidden in the mist. As she continued to walk around what she believed was the edge. She realized that the place was somewhat 'humming' with energy and adjusted her balance to keep herself from falling at the force of a few trembles.
She leaned her back against a tree, or what she guess was a tree. It smelt like hot rock and smoke, and it was getting to her head a bit. "You'd think I was standing in a lightning storm."

http://w2tp.forumotion.com

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Raijin had noticed the new arrival; but thought nothing of it. It wasn't so unusual for ninja to be in the area for short periods of time. Some thought that they could 'train' themselves to have the same resistance to electricity that a Tsukino had by hanging out in the area and acclimating themselves to the charged air. Sounded good on paper; but never worked. You had to be born here, spent your entire life in the sweet embrace of the lightning, before you could gain that level of resistance. He wasn't about to correct anyone that tried though; it was their life, and they where free to put themselves in unnecessary harm if they wished. However, he wasn't about to let someone die via sheer stupidity. That was the only explanation he could think of for the stranger's insanity. To not just touch one of the lightning rods... but lean on it? Just... wow.

The colorful male was a fair 30 feet away from the other; too far to be easily heard over the constant crackle and boom of the strikes; but not to far to get to them before the next strike to that particular point. Or so he had though; until the hairs on the back of his neck and arms began rising. Oh, oh shit. Strike inbound. Well; he wasn't called Raijin for nothing... His parent's had shown an almost precognition in naming him. Like the very bolt he was trying to beat, he moved towards the other; Brotherhood in one hand and raised high, perfect to impact the rod above the other's head. It would be enough to draw the charge; he was a natural ground himself, and all it took was his feet planted and a fast spreading of his Lighting Release: Lightning Barrier Web into the ground to make him a much better grounding point then the rod itself.

So when the bolt struck, the power arced from the rod and into his blade; cracking it along the recent repairs but not shattering it; flowing into his body and down through the chakra network of his left arm, torso, legs, and feet and into the web of chakra lines underground; causing the earth to buckle around the lines but discharging safely into the earth. The force of the thunder rang out; shaking the area like an earthquake and leaving the air smelling of heat and ozone; Raijin's ears ringing and and his body numb for the moment. Oh, that was going to hurt later. He knew his hand was burned, and his feet where going to need ice. He was sure it would be a few days, if not a week, before he'd be able to use his Barrier Web without a blade as a focus point; but it was worth it. He shook his entire body; not unlike an animal would shake water from it's fur. He lowered his blade, sticking the point into the ground deep enough for it not to fall over; dropping to his knees and placing his hands on the ground. With just a moment's focus, he was able to force the excess energy from his body; being a Tsukino, his body was able to store large amounts of extra electricity; the entire clan compound was one giant conducting rod, made entirely from conductive rocks and metals.

Even so, the direct strike had put far too much into his body; and the slowly growing tingling feeling taking over his senses would have warped into extreme pain and damage if he had not purged the energy. Using his blade as a support staff of sorts; “You... are insane. What possessed you to use a lightning rod as a resting station?”

Spoiler:

Himitsu

Himitsu

D-rank
Himitsu cast her gaze up, widening her eyes. She had just felt the hair on her raise, dancing and shimmying with the electricity in the air. You could describe it as a magical event, how the air hummed with energy; had she not have the enhanced senses of a blind person. Instead her ears rang with a piercing white noise that would drive an Inuzuka to suicide had they been around. Himitsu was unaware of how grateful she was that she did not have the level of audial perception the dog pack did.

Blinking several times, she cleared her throat. She placed one hand on the ground in front of her, pushing herself off of the ground. She glanced down. "Insane? ... I am sorry. I didn't know it was a lightning rod. I wouldn't have sat near it. I am terribly sorry. You... Didn't get hurt, did you?"

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"No more so then I was before I did that. Half healed burns, nothing more. I am a Tsukino, afterall. Lightning sings in my blood at all times; but there is a limit to even how much our bodies may store at once. I shall be fine now that I have purge the excess." He hesitantly tapped the metal of his blade, pulling away when he realized it was still white-hot under the remaining; if bubbling (an obvious sign); enamel. Welp, carry it in his hand instead of over his shoulder; the grip was insulated against heat and all that, so it was only marginally warmer then body temperature at the moment, really.

"You must not be from around here, then; not to know this entire are is one giant natural dynamo. Everything for miles around is magnetically and electrically charged; lightning rods that previous generations installed alongside the naturally attractive rock formations. More tot he point; you are dangerously close to the outer edge of the Eternal Storm that causes the lighting strikes. Hell, you've nearly wandered into my clan's territory; which is a near death trap to anyone without the proper gear or an EXTREME Raiton resistance. You... don't strike me as someone with that; you don't feel right, nor does your chakra. Who are you, anyway?"

Himitsu

Himitsu

D-rank
She smiled softly, glad that he didn't get to badly hurt. Shifting her weight from one leg to the other and tugged her left sleeve down a bit before fixing how her black Ao Dai fell past her hips. "Your clan, your bloodline sounds amazing. Does Raiton based jutsu have no effect on you or your clan? Or does that depend on your rank?" She asked curiously.

"I... I am Haruto Himitsu." She paused for a second, pointing her head downward. "I... I'm a defect from Kirigakure." She flinched under her own words.

"Please don't hate me." She whispered softly.

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"We're all resistant to Raiton, as we're all Raiton users ourselves. Because of our clan's legacy, we've developed even more of an immunity to the element. Those of use that have trained our resistances can even tolerate proper, natural lightning to a fairly high degree. Single bolt? Barely feel it. Multiples get tricky. But a good ground and the ability to properly redirect the power is a lifesaving knowledge." The male leaned upon his sword for a bit of support, still shaky from the after-effects of the bolt. He'd been careless; taking too much of the energy over his entire body instead of fully controlling it and forcing it where he wanted it to go. Nothing serious; just a bit of vertigo, and a slight wobble to his stance.

"I see no reason to hate you; as I have only just met you. We Sages don't believe in judgement without knowledge. You must have had a good reason to what you did; as we are apt to believe. If I am wrong, feel free to enlighten me. I however, will take no action unless prompted, or ordered, to. Without the Lord Raikage's order, or proof that you are a problem for my village, I bare you no ill will, nor any hostilities."

Himitsu

Himitsu

D-rank
[OOC: Sorry for the short post]

A ghost smile, or more of a small smirk curled her lip in relief. The tension and fear of being pushed off the mountain by this ninja drained out of her, and with the lack of tension she felt like falling over, but that wouldn't be a good thing to do.

"Hey, what rank are you? You sound like you must be somewhere in your mid twenties, early thirties maybe."

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
The male cackled, slightly amused by this line of questioning. "Do I sound that old, really? Huh, and I've been told I sound younger then my agemates." Odd word, agemates. not something most people use to refer to cousins and classmates. A tell of his upbringing; isolated until he was in the academy at age 8; only knowing the world inside the Tsukino compound. They where raised differently; raised in batches almost; grouped by age and not blood, per se. They where all related of course, the clan wasn't interbred, but they did keep the bloodlines strong; everyone was related to everyone else, but it was never closer then third cousins, great-great aunts and uncles. Plenty of room to easily stave off inbreeding problems; but not enough it seemed to keep the clan from being mildly insane; or so the outside world thought.

"I am... oh... 21 years old; for a few more months at least. I may have taken a tad too much electricity over my vocal cords; I may sound differently then normal. I must admit, I hear mostly ringing and static noise at the moment."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.