You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Calm before the Sand Storm [open/no kill] Empty Calm before the Sand Storm [open/no kill] Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Chikamatsu Ren

Chikamatsu Ren

D-rank
So far today the day had been hardly interesting at all. His parents held the usual boring conversation at breakfast; discussing things like politics, how the kazekage should do this and that to improve life in the village, and other things that just didn't interest Ren in the least bit. His puppet, Kuraku, was in the shop for some much needed upgrades and maintenance, so it wasn't exactly like he could practice his puppetry right now which happened to vastly contribute to the young boy's boredom. So instead of lazing around the young genin had decided to go for a walk, or rather on an expedition considering how fast he fatigued on long walks.

He had left his home at about nine in the morning, around the usual time and had set off towards the southern area of the village. As he had been walking he took care to make sure to not run into anyone, but also to pay attention to all of the going ons of the village. After all, anything could prove to be interesting enough to entertain the boy for at least a little while. Only nothing proved to be up to that task today. Everything was proving to be overly dull, and Ren seriously couldn't take any more of it. He wanted something exciting to happen. He didn't care what it was, it just needed to happen.

It was just past noon now and Ren had found himself a nice little shady spot at the side of a building to rest in. So he had plopped himself down with his back resting against the building. However as the young boy sat here he took notice of a change in the weather and the actions of the citizens of the village around him. The wind had picked up considerably from this morning and now causing his grey toned purple cloak to billow around him. The various peoples of the village seemed to be much more hurried in their daily tasks now. Even the desert lizards that skirted through the sands seemed to be going for some sort of cover. "Aww what's wrong," Ren called out to the lizards as he forced himself up onto his feet in order to get a better view while looking around with his mismatching orbs.

A small hand reached up from under his cloak to hold his hood in place as he began to wander again. He continued to take note of various people's reactions to the constantly changing weather. He even heard mothers as they beckoned their children to play inside. Something was coming and deep down in the pit of Ren's stomach he knew exactly what it was. Every sand dweller knew what it was, but none wanted to admit it. "A sand storm is coming... How fun! How fun!" Ren cried as he spun around. When he finally came to a stop the street around him was practically barren and he could see the dusty sand rising off of the eastern wall.
504 words

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
There was nothing...again. Just the sand, and the cliffs.

I didn't know how long it was going to take me to search the southern desert, but little by little i was determined to explore it all. I wanted to make sure that there were no more houses out here.

I was reaching a cliff that I had not been near before. My heart began to beat wildly, just like every other time that I am about to look over a cliff. I thought, "could there be down there?". My suspense broke and left me in disappointment, as I came to see that there was nothing down there.

It was almost noon. I could tell by the position of the sun in the sky. I was beginning to feel hungry and thirsty too, so I decided to head back to the village. Besides, I was feeling a little frightened now because I didn't know if Kiri's Anbu was still out here looking for me.

I turned around and started running home, to the north where safety was. I couldn't see the village, but I knew I wasn't too far off. I am guessing that I was about a little more than a half-hour jog, away. I concentrated chakra just below my feet, so that I could run on top of the sand with much more ease. I smiled realizing that I had already begun to adapt to life here in the desert.
________

I was happy to have the village in sight. Safety, was just about a mile away now. I couldn't wait to get a glass of water!

I looked behind me, just to make sure, once again, that no one was following me. I hated that I had become so concerned with that. However, like the past X times i've been out in the southern desert, there was no one after me. Suddenly, I stopped to get a better look at something that was blowing my mind away.

It seemed liked a thick dust was rising up from the horizon, where the sand met the sky. I looked to my left and then to my right, and the cloud covered the entire horizon, from East to West! A wind struck me, and it gave me a frightening sensation, so I began to run towards village even faster.
_______

There was no one in the streets of the village, but i did see people shuffling and going into their houses and closing their doors. I wanted to call out to one of them and ask them what was going on, but everyone had disappeared inside their houses now. Suddenly, I remembered that a little while ago, I saw a boy in a cloak, standing under the shade of a building behind me. It impressed me because I got the sensation that he was out strolling about, so I hoped he was still around.

I began to walk back, to the place where i saw the boy but he was gone. I reasoned he must have gone inside his home too. "I guess I should go home too," I wondered. I stood there and looked around, hoping to find someone outside. Then the cloud began conquering the eastern wall as the sand began to rise there. "What the....?"

word count:

Chikamatsu Ren

Chikamatsu Ren

D-rank
The wind is coming, the wind is coming, the wind the whisks life away. I remember being overly filled with joy at the thought of another sand storm. It had been so long since the last one, maybe something like three years, so I was really excited. Maybe since I was a shinobi now my parents wouldn't mind me trying to weather it. Hehe, no no that's a bad idea, but still a fun one.

I spun around and around giggling and laughing. I was so happy, so excited. I wanted to know what new formations this storm would bring. Would the Kazekage's office be turned into a giant sand mountain? Would old pieces of buildings be uncovered. Would annoying moms fall into holes in the ground uncovered by the winds, just like that stupid neighbor of mine several years ago? I wanted to know and see.

However I also remember being really sad at that time as well. I would have to wait before seeing the after math, if only simply because my frail health at the time would be the end of me if I attempted to weather the harsh weather. I knew I would be able to stay out several minutes longer with only the dust beginning to rise off of the eastern wall, but that didn't mean that I should linger. No I needed to move, and find safety. That is unless I wanted to feel those painful coughs again. Pain was no friend of mine, so I decided it would be best to flee from the streets just like so many before me. However as I broke out into a jog, because a sprint would tire me out way too fast and that's no fun, I spotted a strange lady.

I remembered having seen her just earlier that morning as I had sat in the shade of that large building. She had given me quite the interesting look at the time, but now she seemed confused. It looked to me like she must've been pretty stupid or something to not know what was going on, but hey stupid is as stupid does, right? Still this was the perfect chance for me to have some fun. So I spun around the lady and giggled and  called out to her, "Lady, lady, come and have fun. It's so shady, shady, it's time to run." With that said, I giggled again, before running off to the northern side of town.

I remember hoping deep down inside that the stupid lady would follow me. I wanted to have some fun, and having to wait out a Sand Storm was no fun at all. After all it was possible for them to last days on end and if that happened I would be bored out of my mind. So I really did hope that she decided to join my little game. Games were never fun to play alone.
488 words

note:

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
I was filled with awe, as I saw the the dust rise from the east. The cloud hadn't reached me yet, but I could already feel the mess it was going to make. I, then, understood why everyone went inside their home and I was glad that I had made it to the village in time. Suddenly, a little person came jogging from behind me and began to circle around me. I recognized that he was the same boy I had been looking for earlier.

I reached out to grab him, but when he began speaking I froze to listen to what he was going to say. He must have been excited because as he spoke he giggled. It didn't surprise me that he referred to me as "Lady", but the rhime he giggled sounded mischievous. The scene was odd itself: Here I am, in the middle of an empty street that a huge cloud of sand is threatening to overtake within some time, then this boy appears out of nowhere, and begans circling me, joyfully, inviting me to have fun before he runs off again.

"Wait.." I called out. I became worried that the kid was not aware that something bad was about to happen, and that his parents might be concerned about him. He wasn't running fast though, so I decided to run after him.

I looked at the boy and how his coat flailed wildly at the command of the violent wind. "There's no way, he's not aware that something is up....he's just a little devil." The boy's flailing coat made me laugh, because it displayed the wind's power which I felt the boy was not going to be able to handle. He was just 3m away from me, so if I spoke he would hear me fine. "Hey," i called out to him.

word count:

Chikamatsu Ren

Chikamatsu Ren

D-rank
He could hear her voice clear as day despite the constant chatter of his hood billowing with the wind. Even so he didn't stop. No stopping now meant certain pains that he wasn't quite fond of. So he chose to instead lead her onward north to a place where he, or rather they, would be able to hide away. He knew of just the place to go to too, and the fact that the woman that he had taken to calling stupid lady, or at least in his mind he did, made everything all the better.

Several minutes of running and he found the perfect building. It was the old academy building that had been closed in recent years for some remodeling. It was the perfect place to go, especially since with all the people hiding away from the storm, there would likely be more people than just himself and the stupid lady hiding there. Of course if there wasn't than that was perfectly fine too, so long as stupid lady was with him, Ren didn't care.

If was perhaps only a few yards away and Ren broke out laughing. "Found it found it! Too bad the wind will pound it, pound it!" He ran straight for the door at first, but soon realized that they would likely be locked, so instead he stopped a moment and looked around. When he noticed an open with on the second floor a devilish grin spread across his face as he vaulted himself up to the window using his honed, well compared to the average civilian, acrobatics skill. He took no time at all climbing into the window. Once on the inside he ducked away into a dark corner and waited to see just what the stupid lady would do. "The wind is running, the wind is cunning. Come stay, hide away. Lest we be skinned by the running wind."

His voice would sing out from the shadows loud enough for anyone to hear over the increasing howl of the wind. It's high pitch and cheery tone with the sing song character would likely be enough to make most people's skin crawl. Which was perfect for the little Chikamatsu. He didn't care who it was, be it cat, person, or creature, Ren loved the expressions on their faces when they were pleasantly disturbed.
390 words

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
He ignored my call. I kept myself from grabbing him, because I didn't know him and I didn't want to spook him. Instead, I followed closely behind him, to make sure that he would be safe.
_________

The boy suddenly burst into one of his rhimes indicating that he had found what he was running to. I stopped running after him but I watched the boy run towards a building which was just a few yards away. The building seemed familiar. Apparently, he led me to the village's Academy. I remember the Kazekage telling me that it wasn't being used though.

For a moment, I felt like the boy knew what he was doing. I was hoping that the boy would open its doors, to get us inside. I was worried because the wind had picked up, much more. Now, I was worried not only about him but about both of us.

Suddenly, the boy hopped onto the second floor, without even tugging at the building's doors. His action made me question his intentions, once again. I ran after him, in the meantime I kept my eyes on him and saw him crawl in through on the building's windows. I became relieved because I thought that he was in a safe place now. This caused me to consider the option of going home.

I stood on the same spot, that the boy had stood on before he leaped to the second floor. I looked around, and saw that the sand was now flying everywhere. I managed to figure out that it would only get worse, and I didn't know if I would make it home in time. In the meantime, I heard him sing another rhime, and although I had already considered the boy to be "special" i took it as a warning. I could feel the sand buffeting my face, and his words about being skinned didn't seem so farfetched right about now.

I am hoping that I don't regret my decision, to go inside the building. I jumped to the second floor and crawled in through the same window he did. I looked around the dark room, and on the darkest corner I noticed a dark figure. Assuming it was the boy that I had been following I turned around and closed the window behind me. While looking outside the window I said, "I think we got in here just in time."

I dugged my fingers into my hair and attempted to shake the sand out of it. "I don't think you're afraid of me," I continued, now trying to remove the sand off my ears with my fingers, "but if you are, don't be."

I turned around to face the dark corner where I had seen the small figure. "My name is Nel."

OOC: Sorry if it's sloppy. I was pretty tired. (x_x)

word count:

Yoru, Seiton

Yoru, Seiton

D-rank
damn this sand storm I thought it had trapped me in this abandoned building, the old academy and i could tell exactly the reasons the hallway ceiling had collapsed, their defiantly wasn't enough room in the school, and well the walls their was something wrong with the walls yet again all this could be due to it not being in use. I decided to start closing the windows, starting with the first floor i went into almost every room to shut these windows which were stuck of course. By the time i reached the second floor I looked and felt like dirt, practically glowing due to the sand debris coming off of me.

This floor had been different none of the windows so far had been open I knew exactly what this meant, their had been an sand storm when this building was still alive and thriving which they had to shut all the windows for yep I'll go with that. looking around i noticed that i was alone on the second floor and had not seen anyone on the first a shiver ran down my back as i began to think. What if i get trapped in the building and nobody come to dig me out because of this being a useless building, or if the sand and wind tare this place apart and i go flying with it, or what if the ceiling collapsed i was knocked unconscious and was stuck here for a week without food nor drink suddenly I heard a voice it sounded as though the boy was around my age although i didn't catch what he was singing about.

The door was about three doors down from me now as I hurried to the door almost in a dash i was really sick of being alone. "I don't think you're afraid of me, but if you are, don't be. My name is Nel." a different, more sophisticated voice said and beside my better judgment i entered the room glad that i wasn't hallucinating as a huge smirk came to my face as i had company. As i looked to the corner uhmm Nel, I believe he said his name was, was looking at i seen a very small figure I couldn't totally make out neither of the two's features due to the sun being blocked and every ounce of light I had becoming none existent.

The smaller boy had not yet said anything, so I decided to speak up myself "hey, im Dino nice to meet you, boy am i glad you guys are here i don't know what i would do alone I mean sure it gives you time to think but who in their right mind doesn't like thinking out loud" I chuckled " a fool that's who now let me tell you i happen to know lots about fools don't get me started one thing about fools is they don't listen and in my book a person who doesn't listen is better off not breathing you know what i mean" he laughed again now being able to see the room clearly he observed his surroundings. The window had still been open which in his mind needed to be shut immediately, it seem as though soon the room would be felled with sand.

word count-565

Last edited by Yoru, Seiton on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chikamatsu Ren

Chikamatsu Ren

D-rank
A frown formed on Ren's face as the stupid lady seemed to have found him almost immediately although he was quite certain that she had come through the window quite some time after he had spoken. Then another foolish fool appeared in the door way out into the hallway and just had to absolutely ruin everything. Ren didn't exactly care about who either one of these people were. He didn't need friends, no he just needed someone to entertain him until the sandstorm had gone away. He reached up from under his cloak and pulled his hood further down over his face so that the others wouldn't be able to get a decent look at him.

As the foolish fool continued to babble, Ren seriously felt like he was going to fall asleep. This kid was booooooring. He almost wanted to sock the kid in the face he was so boring, but that would be bad, very bad. It would likely bring Ren pain if he did that and Ren doesn't like pain not one bit. So instead Ren was just going to remain silent for the time being, and once the foolish fool was done showing his foolhardiness he decided to speak. "Foolish Fool, Gruelish Ghoul. Lady Lady so Shady Shady," he moved in a fashion very similar to nearly dancing around the two to stand in a darker area of the room near a door. "Know me not, for they forgot." He took several more steps towards the door, almost in a sort of dancing and or skipping fashion. "To catch the meek they have to seek." He finished off his words with a sort of giggle before he ran out through the door and vaulted himself over the banister keeping people from falling down to the main floor. At that moment he ran further into the depths of the former academy.

These foolish fools would serve their purposes well for him if they wished to know him. Certainly he was odd, but he was bored too, and if they didn't try to catch him soon, well certainly he would catch them the buffoon. So he ran to hide and hide well he did. Up near the ceiling in one of the darkest room he'd hide himself away. He'd hide in the darkest place possible laying flat against the very sturdy over sized duct work where neither of them would likely think to look. Come now it's hide and seek, they have the advantage two to one. So let's see just who the winner will be.
428 word

Shieldtsu Nel

Shieldtsu Nel

D-rank
Nel was standing near the window which, both, the boy and he used to get in. He was still rustling his hair, trying to get the sand out, while waiting for the boy to reply. He wasn't expecting anyone else to be around, so when he heard a new voice he became a little alert.

Nel stopped messing with his hair, and stared at the door, trying to get a clear image of the guy who was now laughing. Nel wasn't very comfortable with the situation, specially since he didn't come here out of his own initiative, but because he was led here. The thought that this might be some kind of ambush, was in the outskirts of his mind, but he didn't really think about that. What was in his mind now, was "who is that?"

Nel was about to speak when suddenly the little boy who was in the darkness' mouth all this time, danced his way towards a door that he had not noticed yet. In the meantime, the boy spewed one of his rhimes, but Nel ignored it dismissing it as a silly and random expression from a child. When Nel saw the boy run out the door, after, he became a little irritated because the boy had been doing this since he met him and Nel hadn't been able to get a decent response from him.

With the boy gone, Nel turned to the guy who introduced himself as Dino, and kindly asked "who are you?...what are you doing here?"

~Word Count~
this post:261
total:1628

Yoru, Seiton

Yoru, Seiton

D-rank
Pulling at his hair tail, Dino couldn't help but dance at the little guys song. It was horrible at best, although it was easy to remember and catchy, perfect making for a hit song. As he was about to give well earned props to the boy, the little guy dashed out the room. The boy was young but He had the full attention of the room and he knew how to keep it. Dino started after the child, stopping in his tracks as he heard the start of a conversation.

Turning to Nel he noticed that he had no Hitai-Ate on still Dino responded to the man "Im the almighty White Scorpion, those that witness my greatness will remember the name for years to come" he spoke in an calm and collected tone. Sounds bad ass ill stick with that in the future Dino thought, he had just pulled the named out of his ass.

"oh and I was simply too lazy to run home, you know and what if i didn't make it my clothes would have been ruined" Dino said with a grin as he started out the room. looking back at the door waiting for the man to come out already knowing which way to pursue the child due to him leaving foot prints on the floor due to the dust in this old building, He continued to say "Nel was it" nodding his head knowing he was correct "where are you from exactly". Turning his head in the direction the boy went he headed down the stars noticing the hand prints on the railing That kid sure is spontaneous Dino thought walking down the steps, slowly he wanted to be challenged, he thought highly of eye's and needed reassurance on how good they where.

308 words

Chikamatsu Ren

Chikamatsu Ren

D-rank
((Please do skip me, I have nothing to post. Sorry about the delay))

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.