You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo was laying down on the sand staring up at the sky, squinting slightly. It was bright out, but the sun wasn't at its peak anymore. Ukiyo picked up and slowly released sand with her hands: sometimes pouring it from the bottom of her hand, sometimes by letting it filter through her fingers. Her eyes slowly closed as they grew heavy, staring at the bright Suna sky all day. She breathed deeply and steady, meditating while laying down as she wriggled her fingers in sand. She felt overwhelmed with calmness. The desert. Even in a place of such... death, there is beauty. Ukiyo filled her lungs with the warm air and held her breath for a moment before slowly exhaling from her nose.

Ukiyo fell asleep for about an hour. Now the sun was about two hours away from setting behind the horizon. She sat up and scratched the back of her head, rustling her hair and making a mess of it. Bits of sand sprinkled out as she looked around. There appeared to be someone else there with her. Is that...Mitsuo? Ukiyo's vision was blurry, so she rubbed her eyes and looked up again, her vision clearing.

___

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo still couldn't help but smile, which was good. The smile hadn't left his face since he was told that he had displayed all of the qualities of a Chuunin and therefore, despite his loss to Masanori in the exams, he would still be advanced to the Chuunin rank. He had decided that if he was going to be considered a Chuunin he should probably learn some of the more basic techniques of his clan's most infamous element, Katon. He walked across the sandy desert of Sunagakure No Sato and prepared to get a good day's worth of training in. Chisoku nuzzled into his hand and he returned the gesture with a scratch between the ears as they made their way through the desert, Chisoku's tail flicking back and forth like a rudder and his whiskers constantly twitching for balance and detection.

The young Chuunin always admired the way his companion could stride so elegantly yet so boldly and determinedly, something that Mitsuo needed to work on himself. He had began to walk more confidently until his first fight with Masanori, and was now doing so again, feeling as though he had climbed a great mountain and come out successfully.

As the hot sun beat down on him, Mitsuo removed his black mesh shirt, tucking it into his pack and leaving his toned chest to bask in the elements, his skin already tanned dark from the exposure to the desert sun. He looked ahead and saw a young girl who looked very familiar, Chisoku's tail flicking happily as he began to purr, moving up to the girl quickly. Mitsuo smiled as he recognized Ukiyo and walked up to greet her.

|"Hey Ukiyo, congratulations on your win in the tournament! I hope you're ready for your next match" Mitsuo closed his eyes and had a big genuine smile on his face as he greeted his friend, glad to see that another Konohan would be advancing past the first round of fights in the Chuunin exams.

(341/4500 Katon D rank jutsus)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo was rubbing her eyes when she felt a large animal head smelling her knee curiously. She didn't need to look down to see what it was; a relatively large cheetah was standing next to here. Ukiyo smiled nervously, having had plenty of both good and bad experiences with animals. She decided to stay still for now, but closed her eyes again to show her trust.

"Hey Ukiyo, congratulations on your win in the tournament! I hope you're ready for your next match"

Ukiyo smiled, still a tiny bit shaky. She had done this before, but it was always tense when two animals first meet. She then remembered hearing about Mitsuo's loss in the first round and spoke,

"Yo. Thanks, though it wasn't exactly what I expected..." Ukiyo laughed a little under her breath, but cut it short and sincerely spoke, "Sorry to hear about your loss." Ukiyo opened her eyes as she felt the animal's head rest on her lap. She sighed with relief and placed her hand on the top of his head, rubbing softly.  "What are you doing here?"

___

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo chuckled as he saw Chisoku's and Ukiyo's interaction, smiling at his companion nuzzling her, taking to the young girl rather quickly. He purred loudly and Mitsuo patted by his tail, bringing him back and extending a hand to the strange young girl. Her victory had been due to her opponent forfeiting and he was sure that she wasn't too happy about that, knowing that she would have rather lost fair and square than won in such a way. She was a true fighter, much like Mitsuo, and he admired her for that.

"Sorry to hear about your loss."
Mitsuo shook his head again, still a little shaken up about the "loss" he had suffered. He was picked out to be a favorite early on and dropped in the first round, though he looked very good doing it. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to do some training, I figured out in the heat would be the perfect place to train my Katon up a little bit, gotta live up to the Sarutobi name, eh?"| He chuckled once more at his own words. "And I was hoping to run into you as well, I wasn't sure where to look since there's not a lot of trees around, but someone told me you might be around here."

(580/4500)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo took Mitsuo's hand and slid up to her feet instantly, pushing up with her legs mostly to get up, appearing absurdly light to Mitsuo. As she got up, Mitsuo told her what he was doing in the sandy area. She cringed at the thought, Katon. But didn't let this show as she smiled gently.

"And I was hoping to run into you as well, I wasn't sure where to look since there's not a lot of trees around, but someone told me you might be around here."

Ukiyo laughed a little and shook her head a bit to get more sand out of her hair. Then her face popped up and spoke in a relaxed voice. "Yeah, I've been trying to explore this environment. It's...interesting." Ukiyo close her eyes and stretched her hands above her head, slightly bending to the right to stretch her left leg out as well. She then switched legs and swung her arms around. I'm surprised I didn't hear him coming. This place really is relaxing. Ukiyo stood up straight and began stretching out her fingers one by one, in pairs, and all at once in sequence. She rolled her neck slowly and spoke, "I need to prepare for the next round, I still feel like I've barely warmed up. I shall spar with you. You'll have a good, susceptible target for practicing katon, and I'll have a good target to practice my suiton technique on. Win win." Ukiyo grinned and began stretching the muscles beneath her forearms, looking over to the cheetah again. That animal looks troublesome. I wonder how I'll do tracking two opponents at once.

___

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo had been training hard for a long time and he was looking forward to this fight. He remembered the last time they had fought together against his sensei, Ukiyo was quicker than he was but he believed that he had finally been able to match her speed. His patted Chisoku's head once more before nodding towards the outer reaches of the vast desert, watching him saunter off and, with his tan fur, blend into the sand around him. Mitsuo would watch for the telltale streak of white while the fight progressed in order to coordinate attacks with his companion. His smile flashed once again when the cheetah was out of sight, knowing that this would probably be a good test of Ukiyo's skills for the next round, as if she could defeat him, she should be able to defeat almost any opponent the exams could throw at her.

Ukiyo had seen Mitsuo's Kenjutsu once before but he didn't think she had ever truly seen the extent of his Katon abilities and he was sure that this would be a surprise to her as he held his one hand in a fist in front of his chest, the other clasping it as he bowed before his most honourable opponent. After bowing he made sure he was at least 20m back from her, not wanting to make this into a close combat fight so quickly, and he took a defensive stance, right leg in front of the left, and hands close to his body so he would be able to quickly make hand seals when needed, but also close enough to his weapons that he could pull them at a moment's notice. He was in the process of formulating a plan to defeat the Mokuton style nin, knowing that if he was going to go up against her advanced style he would truly need to be prepared.

"Prepare yourself Ukiyo, I will show you why I was promoted to Chuunin, and I will prepare you for your next fight!" He waited for her to advance and make the first move as he contemplated his strategy.

(939/4500)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Mitsuo bowed and retreated, signaling not only that he accepted the fight, but that it would be beginning immediately. Ukiyo could see the cheetah retreating elsewhere, slowly blending in with the surroundings. His figure was still visible if looked at directly, however through peripherals he would be difficult to see. Mitsuo then spoke,

"Prepare yourself Ukiyo, I will show you why I was promoted to Chuunin, and I will prepare you for your next fight!"

Ukiyo was taken aback by this for a moment. He was promoted to Chuunin? Even though he lost the first round? Last time we fought I thought his abilities were...somewhat lacking. Not that he was bad by any means, just that he didn't quite have the same finesse on the battlefield as I possess. Ukiyo shook her head. Stop being cocky, Ukiyo. You know better than that. Still, if what he says is true, than I have yet to see what he is truly capable of. Ukiyo's gaze looked at a downward angle towards the sand/Mitsuo's feet. I can't rely on the information from last time. I must treat this as if fighting with him for the first time. Ukiyo made two hand signs and grinned. A Chuunin, eh? Well then... Ukiyo looked around to assess the environment. There were several stone pillars scattered out randomly amongst the sand, most 5-10 meters spread apart and about 3 meters tall. Ukiyo stepped to the side slowly as she took cover behind a pillar, her hand touching the side of it that Mitsuo couldn't see. This will be a good chance for me to try out that technique too...

___

Chakra:

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo inhaled deeply, feeling a small breeze making it's way to the west, which was towards Ukiyo's starting position. He smiled and used his peripheral vision to glance around the battlefield. There were pillars scattered around the area that he assumed Ukiyo would enjoy using, her speed-based Taijutsu seemed well equipped to use them to good effect. Mitsuo was normally a big fan of in your face fighting but today he had a different plan. He began running from pillar to pillar, wrapping a thin wire around each one until he had fully closed off a circle, the remaining wire being placed back into his pouch when he finished. The stage was set for quite the light show and Mitsuo was curious too see if anyone would truly think the wire would be used for ill intent. As he withdrew back to his starting position, he moved into a position where he would be able to touch the wire if needed, though not making it obvious that's what he was doing as he once again took his stance and moved his hands close to his Tanto and Katana, preparing to draw them once his opponent came close.

After his actions he noticed that Ukiyo had disappeared. He assumed she had moved behind one of the pillars while he wasn't paying attention with his preparations. He looked back to the west, which was where he spotted a small white shape circling the battlefield. He and Chisoku had had plenty of time to work together over the years and Mitsuo knew that he would be able to alert him to Ukiyo's position once Chisoku had located her. He constantly kept the white in his peripherals and kept his eyes pealed for his quicker opponent, awaiting the chance to put one of his plans into action.

Mitsuo had learned in his many fights that the key to victory was preparation. While his hands were ready to draw his weapons, they were also close enough together to form a hand sign if he needed too, and he was within arms reach of the thin almost invisible wire at all times, preparing to utilize that to his advantage as well. He wasn't stupid, he was a Chuunin after all, and he knew that in this fight if he were to hold back, the Mokuton user would take advantage of her powerful heritage and make him pay.

Now we wait, eh nii-san? If she gets too close we will be ready, if she doesn't come out, we will be ready, if she wants to play a ranged game, we will be ready. I think I've got this worked out pretty well in my head, but let us see how it plays out.

(1407/4500)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo heard Mitsuo making some commotion as she hid. She peaked out at the bottom of the pillar, hopefully just enough that he wouldn't be able to see while he was busy doing whatever he was doing. Ukiyo could see Mitsuo running around several pillars, a thin line behind him that reflected the sun's light occasionally, making it shine. Ukiyo hid once more. Wire; this is undoubtedly a trap. If I rush in after him, he'll ensnare me. I still don't know what range he's capable of, but he said something about Katon. So the question is, spring the trap? Or let him come to me? He seems content waiting there, so if he does have long range katon, I'm sure he'd be satisfied picking me off from the safety of his trap. Crap. I didn't want to have to use this jutsu so soon. Ukiyo took a deep breath, then stood up and turned around, still concealed by the pillar. She grabbed the top of the pillar and launched herself up, landing on top of it on her feet. She bent down to land on it, then instantly sprang off towards another pillar ahead of her to the right. Ukiyo swung her hands out in front of her, as if throwing a kunai towards Mitsuo, but throwing microscopic seeds instead. When she got to the next pillar, Ukiyo would catch herself by grasping the side of the pillar and sliding down behind it, concealing herself again from Mitsuo.

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
He saw the flash of white, flick, flick, flick, and looked to the sky. Mitsuo didn't know what she was doing, but Ukiyo had suddenly appeared, jumping through the air and seemingly throwing something at him, though he had no idea what it could be. He didn't want to take a chance, not knowing the extend of the powers of Mokuton. He jumped to the pillar behind him, sitting on top and then hopping to the one to his left, one of the five that was inside of his wired pentagon. He perched on his pillar, still waiting for Ukiyo to come to him, and formed a bird hand sign, waiting for her to poke out once more so he could begin his assault. He didn't know what she was planning, but he didn't want to have to wait. He looked for the flash of white and saw that it had disappeared completely now, not entirely sure where his companion had made his way off to.

Mitsuo didn't like to play the waiting game and he was used to fighting more headstrong opponents who would move to attack him head on. He didn't doubt that Ukiyo would get bored of playing hide and seek and was ready for her, should she decide to show herself once more.

(1630/4500 1/3 jutsu learned)

(OOC I don't know how your seeds work, so if you think you would have still hit me let me know)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
OOC: Nah, you were just out of range. I got them in within your circle though, roughly 2m in front of where you are now on the pillar
IC:

Ukiyo peeked out from her pillar again to see Mitsuo's position. He had back up a bit and was now on top of a pillar. I was hoping to get an easy sneak attack in to force him out of that circle, but it looks like he's too cautious to fall for that. I guess he really is a Chuunin. Still, the seeds are in a good position. Ukiyo took a deep breath, she wasn't quite sure how well this would work out. She dashed out to the right from the pillar, then leaped up to on top of the one ahead, only 5m away. This was one of the pillars with wire around it, and Ukiyo knew so. She didn't waste any time standing on it, spring off the top the moment she landed as she did before. Ukiyo was now in the air again, but this time, jumping towards Mitsuo. Since there was only 1 pillar between Mitsuo and her (to the right), she would be able to clear the gap. While in the air, Ukiyo threw her hands out in front of her once again.

____

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo wasn't sure what it was about the bird sign but nobody ever seemed to take it that seriously. He smiled as he saw Ukiyo begin to jump at him, his mouth full before jumping back to the pillar behind him once again and firing five small pockets of wind at her in rapid succession, while they both sailed through the air, each traveling 50mph, aimed at her body and tracing her trajectory so that each one would be where she should be by the time it got to it's destination. He then jumped down behind the pillar he was standing on and made it so that, if she were to dodge his incredibly quick wind attack, she would still have to come down to the ground below to attack him. He used his positioning to very quickly scan and caught sight of the white streak once more, clapping his hands together twice (while appearing to do the hand signs of Bird and Rat) when he spotted it.

(1800/4500)

Jutsu Used:

Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo was nearly 10m away when she threw her seeds, and it didn't take long for her to realize her mistake. Mitsuo had formed a hand seal already and was waiting for her, something she couldn't see before due to only peaking out of the pillar for a split second. However the moment she did recognize it, Ukiyo flattened both her hands in the positions they were already in. She knew a jutsu was coming, and was thankful that she had thrown those seeds. Though, she ended up throwing more than she would end up using. Oh well, the rest will hopefully land near his pillar anyway. Ukiyo continued channeling chakra into her palms as she had been since she made her hand sign(s). As Mitsuo opened his mouth, letting out several balls of vicious looking air, Ukiyo molded chakra in her hands and shot it out to her seeds. "TREE!" Ukiyo shouted as the seeds were halfway between her and Mitsuo. Suddenly, a huge tree began growing out of one of the seeds she thrown, giving it the appearance of spawning from mid air. It's head was facing Mitsuo's direction, making the tree almost upside down in the air but at an angle towards him. The tree's trunk was 1.5 meters in diameter, however its canopy would grow to be over 8 meters in diameter. As it spawned, the air bullets ripped through the upper branches, chopping a handful of them down however not the majority. A few of them made it through to hit the trunk of the tree, however there were too few of them to compromise its integrity. Some loud cracks sounds were heard, though the tree as a whole remained well in tact and was heading for Mitsuo at an alarming rate. The pillar he had dropped down behind would surely slow the tree, but not block it entirely.

____
Chakra:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
So this is the power of the Senju, eh nii-san? It was kind of hard not to notice the large tree forming in midair and coming for Mitsuo, which he quickly inhaled and breathed out a stream of wind chakra to dodge, sending him further up into the air above the tree so that he was looking down at Ukiyo. He was glad to see that she had tools like this to help her in the exams, as they were only going to get more difficult for her. As he jumped over the tree he first made a one handed sign and yelled out "Koiru Bane no Jutsu!" before seeing a yellow flash jumping through the air towards Ukiyo. Chisoku had been stalking around and Mitsuo was waiting for Ukiyo to come out into the opened so he could perform a coordinated strike.

After he saw that Chisoku was on a collision course with Ukiyo he quickly drew his tanto and katana, preparing to strike her upon his descent, his tanto running parallel to his left forearm, the blade pointing outward and the point at his elbow, and his katana held the same way in his right hand. His left hand was positioned in front of the right one and both were aimed to strike.

(2021/4500)

Jutsus Used:

(OoC When I see the white streak Chisoku's nearby, I also make it so that can only happen once every two turns, so since I saw it last turn he was able to attack this time. The clapping in the previous post was to get him into position. Now that he is exhausted he will have to leave)

Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
The tree smashed through the pillar, destroying it instantly, and hit the ground hard, sliding a few meters ahead but not very far. The wire that had remained taut from being wrapped around the pillars now dropped to the ground due to not only one of the pillars being destroyed, but the wire being broken by the impact of the tree as well. Ukiyo was coming down to land on top of the laying-down tree when she saw a two things; Mitsuo flying up into the air in front of/above her, and a yellow blue in the corner of her eye rapidly approaching. Not good. I knew taking on two at once would be difficult. Ukiyo made a hand sign and a puff of dandelions appeared around her, creating a slight smoke screen. She was still airborn at the moment though, making it nearly impossible to manover. She threw her arms to the left and rolled, attempting to grab the cheetah when it appeared in front of her. Unfortunately, due to the lack of sight and the animal's speed, she couldn't pin point it accurately, and the animal ended up smashing through her arms, bruising them as he spun. Ukiyo landed on the tree on her hands/feet, wincing at the pain from her arms. No time to waste; Mitsuo's bound to arrive any moment. Ukiyo rolled over the side of the tree's trunk and pressed up against it, able to get some slight cover. With any luck, he'll continue the trajectory he was on and land on the tree. Ukiyo waited to hear him land so she could then spring a counter attack.

____
OOC: If you don't agree the wire should drop, let me know and I can edit it out.

Chakra:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo smiled as he heard the concussive impact, that was hopefully his companion crashing into the young gir, the confirmation coming in the form of a low growl before he heard the cheetah run off. At his current trajectory he had no way of changing his direction and, as he was in the smoke screen already, he had to figure something out. He quickly formed a tiger hand seal and breathed in deeply, building up his Katon chakra before releasing it into a Great Fireball that went barreling towards whatever it was he was coming to bear at. He was hoping if it was the tree he would be able to start it on fire and, if needed, smash through while it's integrity was low. He wasn't looking forward to smashing into a burning tree as he knew he would probably suffer some bruising and definitely get burned, but at this point he didn't see another option.

(2181/4500)

Jutsu Used:

Chakra:

(OOC I'll let you decide what happens, the wire fell, that was fair enough. Either Mitsuo can smash into a burning tree or he can smash through a burning tree, unless you have something specific that can stop the fireball. Let me know!~)

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
As Ukiyo waited, she suddenly saw light coming from the dandelions above. It was bright and rather large, and Ukiyo knew exactly what it was when she smelt her dandelions burning. Katon! Ukiyo tucked herself into the nook of the tree further and made a hand sign, molding her chakra into suiton. She put her hand on the tree and activated her jutsu. Suddenly, the tree become soggy and dripping with water as well as Ukiyo. The fireball came in hot and hit directly on the tree, sizzling as it collided and letting out a massive amount of steam. The surface of the tree was burnt, however the integrity remained roughly in tact. It wouldn't take much more now to destroy it. The fireball was also wide enough however to go beyond the sides of the tee. The flames were dampened by the steam and moisture, but fire is fire, and they grazed Ukiyo's left shoulder as they passed. Thanks to its weakened state, as well as Ukiyo's drenched state, she only suffered first degree burns on her shoulder. Ukiyo quickly realized what this meant, however, He's coming straight down onto the tree! As Mitsuo came up to the tree, less than 1 meter away, Ukiyo made her hand sign, rolling in her fingers and touching her pinkeys to their respective index fingers. Bamboo! Three chutes of bamboo emerged from where Ukiyo had landed on the tree before. Mitsuo was landing in the same area, so he would have one chute coming up towards his foot, one towards the center of his torsoe, and one towards his head.

____
Chakra:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Shit. Mitsuo couldn't think much else as he was down to his last seconds of falling and had seen what was awaiting him below. The smoke was still around but it was hard not to notice the sharp chutes of bamboo coming straight towards him. He didn't have much of a choice... His body speared itself on the bamboo chutes, piercing through his chest, feet, and head in a gore of blood and innards. He kept his concentration on the illusion for as long as he could, hoping to shock the young girl as he had swapped with a branch about ten meters out and to the east and was back on top of one of the pillars, spewing forth a thick cloud of ash as he made a horse hand sign. The ash would blend in with the smoke screen that had already been created and would be virtually undetectable, hoping that Ukiyo wouldn't be taking off until it was too late.

When the illusion wore off the log was speared on the bamboo chutes and Mitsuo was releasing the last of his gunpowder ash into the air, his weapons sitting on his belt once again.

(2381/4500)

Jutsus Used:

Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
As Ukiyo ducked below the tree, she heard Mitsuo clash with her bamboo. Yes. That should hold him for- Ukiyo swung around the trunk of the tree and prepared to grapple Mitsuo. As she came up, she saw for a brief moment Mitsuo speared by the chutes. This...wasn't what I expected... Ukiyo was stunned for a moment before the illusion dispersed and a branch appeared where Mitsuo just was. Ukiyo snapped to instantly, her face changing from a playful, yet serious, expression to a stern, analytical one. She assessed her situation quickly. He evaded my attack, the logical thing for him to do is to counter while I'm out in the open. I can't see anything in this steam, putting me at a serious disadvantage. If I don't get out quick, I'm a sitting duck. I can't be sure of his attack. He's used wind style and fire style so far, not to mention he's skilled with that sword. My best bet is- Ukiyo hopped down from the tree, forming a hand sign and slipping beneath the ground. She concentrated on the dandelion seed(s) Mitsuo had picked up from going through the cloud and tracked him down. He was less than 10 meters away, higher than ground level. If he's not on a pillar, I won't be able to grab him. Guess we'll find out. Ukiyo traveled underground towards Mitsuo, then traveled up the inside of the pillar and reached her hands out in an attempt to grab his foot and drag him into the column.

____
Chakra: 85/150:

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
K-TCH

He lit the Ash Pile Burning jutsu, hoping that he had hit his opponent, but not that he had hit her dead on, not wanting to hurt her. Mitsuo was caught in the shock-wave of the powerful blast, which he had expected, getting thrown backwards. While he sailed through the air he made his way to the ground, where his wire was sitting. As he did so he watched a pair of hands made of Doton rise up to try and grab him in their clutches, making Mitsuo realize just how opportune his blast had been. Ukiyo was inside of the pillar, and the pillar still had some of Mitsuo's wire around it. Mitsuo picked up one end of the wire quickly, making a tiger hand sign and breathing a devastatingly accurate stream of fire down the wire, burning the Post with Ukiyo still inside of it.

Check

He couldn't help but feel a little bad, he didn't want to hurt the girl and he was hoping that she would be alright. He wasn't sure if she would be able to get out in time, looking around and noticing how much of the surrounding area was being engulfed with fire. This fight was getting a lot more nasty than he had wanted it to get. He waited for Ukiyo to emerge, preparing his next series of attacks as he did.

(2624/4500)

Jutsu Used:

Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo felt her hands grasp through empty air as they failed to reach their target. Not surprising, the only setup I had was the steam. Ukiyo began making her way out of the pillar when the flames began riding down the wire, engulfing the pillar. Ukiyo launched herself out of the top of the pillar as much as she could using the inside, which wasn't much. She landed for a brief second on its top and then pressed off, jumping to a safe distance. She landed with the shoe she used on the pillar now on fire, which she quickly kicked off her foot. Figures, the one time I forget to take off my shoes they actually save me. She said, rubbing her foot gently with her moist hand. She had a first degree burn on the bottom of her foot from the shoe, but besides that made it out ok. This is bad. I've taken three hits already and it feels like I've used half my chakra. What's my next move? Ukiyo removed her other shoe and thought for a moment, digging her feet into the sand. She winced at the pain from her foot, but luckily the sand was forgiving on her. Relax. Breathe. He's been fighting me with medium range this entire fight. The one time he got in close he used a substitution. Perhaps he's not as skilled in kenjutsu as I thought. Fuck it, let's find out. Ukiyo knew it was stupid, but if things continued as they had been she would surely lose. Who knows, maybe its time to try out that jutsu.

Ukiyo made a hand sign and several (5) clones appeared around her in a poof of smoke, herself blending in seamlessly. They spread out and all charged in at once, forming a wave running towards Mitsuo. He wasn't too far away, at least not enough to be able to simply run. All of them threw their hands out in front of them, then the ones on the ends took off in arcs to come around to Mitsuo's left and right perpendicularly. Two more spread out a bit and jumped up to come down on top of him from his left and right at 45 degree angles. One of the two center ones filed behind the other, then jumped up and off the other one's shoulders to attack him from above. Obviously, this was all for distraction, but by making the illusion appear to jump off Ukiyo's shoulders, it would hopefully trick Mitsuo into thinking they were real clones. Not to mention he still didn't know which was the real one, giving her the element of surprise.

____
Chakra: 80/150:

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo saw Ukiyo emerge from the top of the burning pillar and kick off, her foot getting engulfed in flam as she did. When he saw that he had hurt her it made him a little bit sad...but only a little as she was currently his enemy. He gave her a second, which he probably shouldn't have, to give her a chance to heal up her foot and then saw that instead of looking at Ukiyo, he was looking at six of her. If these were water, wood or earth clones, this would have just taken a lot of her chakra and he knew that once he defeated them it would seriously cripple her. He looked at the sun above and remembered something Takeshi-sensei had told him; "Regular clones have no shadows, they are only a distraction." After realizing this he quickly took a look down, the large desert sun and the flames covering the battle ground showing the true nature of her attack. Just as he thought, no shadows on most of them.

Mitsuo chuckled softly, one of his teammates having tried to do pretty much exactly the same thing when they had first fought their sensei, and did exactly what his sensei did in response. He quickly strung together five hand signs and then beside him stood two perfect clones of himself, each one possessing a shadow as well. Ukiyo would have no way to know which of him was the real clone either, as each of them possessed some of his chakra and abilities. He watched as Ukiyo had one of the clones jump off of her shoulder, which would have been quite an impressive move and probably would have fooled several of the people in the exams. He wasn't so easily confused however as he and his two clones each drew their Katana into their right hands and their tanto into their left, the blades of the two running perpendicular to their forearms, points pointing to or past their elbows and blades pointing outward.

The Mitsuo on the right ran out in an arc going further to the right and around, coming in to intercept Ukiyo as she ran towards them, the one on the left similarly jumping off of the center one's shoulders and the center Mitsuo charding directly at Ukiyo. If she wanted her hand to hand combat so badly, he would give it to her.

"Here I come Ukiyo!" the Mitsuo who was running towards her right hand side exclaimed.

"I hope you're ready..." The one jumping through the air had yelled.

"Because this is going to get nasty!" The Mitsuo charging at her flashed her a smile while wearing a determined look on his face, his muscles beginning to ache from the training as he pushed himself on. All three of them looked beaten and bruised and bloodied, but none of them were about to give up the fight, pressing the advantage as much as they could.

(3136/4500 2/3 complete)

Jutsu Used:
Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo smiled as her seeds landed just as Mitsuo began flashing hand signs. Maybe I won't have to- Suddenly two clones of Mitsuo popped up next to him, all with their eyes set on Ukiyo. They're looking at me... Then the three of them drew their blades. They know. Tsk, guess I will be using it. Ukiyo had counted on getting in close to Mitsuo and overwhelming him with her jutsu, using the clones as a cover for her approach. Mitsuo had turned the tables on her simply by seeing through her jutsu, putting her on the defensive. Still, it was more than salvageable. This will work nicely actually. Ukiyo continued charging forward, acting as if she hadn't noticed her jutsu was compromised.

When the three of them swooped in, directly through her clones (causing them to disperse), Ukiyo made a hand sign with her right hand, expanding her fingers and then clenching them together in a fist. When they were within 2 meters of her, Ukiyo activated her jutsu. This should be close enough... Several seeds (4 for the one directly in front of her and 3 for each other Mitsuo) came flying out of Ukiyo's body in the three separate directions. The moment they left her, Ukiyo yelled out, "Seeded rain!"

____
Chakra: 45/80:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
What the hell is that? Is it... More seeds? But these ones... He was already charging in and wasn't sure what he was going to do so he made up a quick plan. The Mitsup running to the right hand side dropped his weapons and formed a tiger seal, inhaling deeply and letting out a massive stream of fire in the direction of Ukiyo after her seeds had hit him straight on the ribs and cut into him, the one who was jumping, having been hit by the seeds and taken an inch deep laceration on his shoulder, landed harshly and let a clear gas escape his mouth, the smell being the only possible thing to give it away. As the gas was released and exposed to the stream of fire of the other Mitsuo, it would ignite creating a large fire ball and possible first and second degree burns. As all of this was happening the Mitsuo running down the center added fuel to the fire. He continued to move, breathing deeply and watching out as he let out a powerful stream of wind, which fueled the fire of the two Katon attacks and simultaneously knocked back the seeds and sent him backwards about ten meters as well. He had still taken a sharp laceration on his inner thigh, stinging and slowing him down just a hair but at the same time not enough to make him stop fighting. His two clones had disappeared, their jutsus both used up.

Mitsuo looked to the massive ball of fire ahead and scanned for Ukiyo, prepared to run in and save her if he needed to. He didn't want to hurt her again, not after what had happened the last time, and was prepared to call the match if he thought that she shouldn't continue fighting on. He knew that she was a bit reckless and that recklessness could lead to her getting seriously injured or worse... Mitsuo wouldn't have the blood of a friend on his hands.

"Are you okay, Ukiyo?

(3471/4500)

(OoC note* The fire clones don't use up my chakra doing attacks as I already pay 1/10th of my chakra to use them and they are given one free fire jutsu before they disappear)

Jutsus Used:

Chakra:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
The Mitsuo to Ukiyo's left and the one in the air were a  bit closer, so they got hit first. Good, just one- She suddenly saw the tiger seal be formed in the hands of the Mitsuo to her left. Bad. As she saw this, the one in front of her let out a stream of air, dispersing her water/seeds and would soon be pushing her back a little, thus fueling the incoming fireball. Ukiyo didn't think of this, however. There was not enough time. As soon as she saw the tiger seal she flattened her left hand as it hung out in front of her already from her stance. She gathered chakra and, when the wind and fire appeared, Ukiyo instantly smashed her closed fist into the palm of her flattened hand, expelling the chakra into her seed below. A massive tree, similar to the first one's size, begins growing up from the ground beneath Ukiyo, lifting her into the air. Ukiyo makes the canopy a bit narrower as to not pick up her enemy as well. As it's close to fully grown, the trunk gets hit with the explosive fire attack. Ukiyo is panting and kneeling down on the top branches, thankful she got out of there. She feels the hit at the bottom of the tree. Katon... Ukiyo frowns and her eyes close as she regains her strength. The tree is swaying and will soon collapse, not to mention the fire heading up the trunk. I have to get down from here...I wish I could use dew technique but- Ukiyo clenches her arms, still very sore from earlier. And I can't even imagine what a hand to hand match now would be. This may be my limit.

____
30/150:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.