You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
OOC: 1 spot left

Kenji was mixing a stew a boiling pot outside the base when he was summoned. The shinobi was in ANBU gear as he had kept himself prepared for just this. "Jenito sir! You're needed by the commander inside." The ANBU agent nodded his head and made his way into the base in a second. He arrived through the door like a burst of wind. "You summoned me sir!" The commander leaned forward, supporting his weight on the desk with his hands. He had a scowl on his face, "I've been told that we need team of ANBU agents to infiltrate the enemy lines. This is a stealth mission, so the ANBU are preferred. We've had a little success, but if we're to win this war, we're going to need assistance from the Samurai."

"The Samurai?" "Yes, we need you and a team of other ANBU agents to go behind enemy lines, a get the message tot he Daimyo. You'll have to make it past the Seven Bells, but after that it's a beeline for the HQ. Make it there with the small task force you've been assigned, and relay the message. Notifying him of our situation and the dire need for the assistance of the prestigious Samurai force to aid us in our effort." The shinobi didn't have much to say, there wasn't much to say, he had his orders, and he would follow them. Kenji worked many years in the Intelligence Squad of Kumogakure, he was currently a squad leader of an espionage and stealth squad, and on top of that he was an ANBU op, they couldn't have chosen a better qualified shinobi for the job. "The rest of the team is on there way, they've already been briefed, you'll meet them outside shortly," The commander looked at the window, "they should be here shortly."

Kenji nodded his head, and turned around and exited the camp. He had over his shoulder his long bow and his quiver of 10 arrows equipped to his back. Capping off his arsenal was his Hane and in the various pouches on his person, shuriken and kunai. Kenji looked over at the pot of stew, and frowned under his mask. "It seems like the infiltration of enemy lines will have to be my lunch." A young lady came running over to the ANBU agent right as he sulked over missing his stew. She carried a bookbag. She bowed, "Jenito sir," that was Kenji's ANBU codename, "here I made you a bowl of the stew you were cooking while you were talking with the commander, I hope I wasn't wrong in doing so." The girl said pleadingly as she spoke with her head down. "Not at all, times like this calls for decisive action. You saw an opportunity and you made a call," Kenji place his index finger on the girl's chin lifting her head up. He tilted his head to the side, telling her to leave, he took the bowl, she smiled and took off running. Kenji lifted up his mask just enough for him to eat his soup, still masking his identity. He slurped and finished the delicious stew quickly.

WC: 544/3000

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gin

Gin

Retired
Gin now considered herself an odd mixture between a sell-sword and a bounty hunter. Yes, those two titles now defined the line of work that she saw herself involved in these past few months, trying to get herself adjusted to being a new member of the Aoi Bara - the Blue Rose - a faction-less organization that prided itself on bending an occasionally breaking the law. She was the Eldest Sister, the Guardian of Roses. It was the title that the leader had given her. At the time, Gin had not thought much of it. It was maybe too wordy or too fancy compared to what she was used to. After all, the former Kazekage had been raised in a very simplistic and humble background. She was a nomad, travelling from one city or village to the next, selling simple goods along with her makeshift family and her dear mother. She had hardly been literate when she got to the Academy in Sunagakure, a fact that she often kept to herself, lest people assume that she was, well, an idiot. But then again, that could work to her favor, assuming that people would thereon assume that she was weak minded or bad at producing a decent strategy in battle. But that had been quite a long time ago. Who would have guessed that the simple merchant girl would one day become the epitome of power in one of the Great Shinobi Nations of the world. And who would have guessed that the mighty Kazekage would be driven out of her own home by power hungry politicians who marked her downfall in the books of history.

Gin scoffed as she entered the camp where the ANBU were temporarily stationed, having been sent there by one of Kirigakure's officials after the young woman offered her talents in exchange for a nice check that would support all her needs in the months to come. He had said that they needed samurai, and a classified group was assigned to cut through the lines of the Seven Bells and make it to the Samurai's Headquarters in order to call the Daimyo to the Hidden Mist's aid. It sounded simple enough, but at the same time, the task was difficult and would prove to be a challenge, even if only a little. Gin relished any chance she got to get into a good fight, though she knew that the point of this mission was to remain hidden and infiltrate rather than cut down anyone that wasn't in her assigned team. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

The camp was busy, filled with people running from one direction to the other, trying to get things done and organized in case of an attack while planning the assault on Seven Bells at the same time. "Ayakashi, old friend, you've really gotten yourself into a mess this time," she thought to herself, trying to locate the man that she was looking for based on the description that she had been given a few moments before. As always, her face was covered, with bandages, revealing only her right eyes. With Kirigakure's customarily humid weather, the bandages tended to stick to her face, occasionally making her sweat. It was uncomfortable, but it was a necessary burden that she had to bear to keep her identity a secret. It it were up to her, the name "Gin Kuroka" might as well be buried along with her old village and title. Hardly any parts of her skin were visible, since everything was covered by her long boots and tight suit that fit her body like a glove. Her posture was calm, collected and above all intimidating, with her head held high and her shoulders straightened. Her stare was cold and calculating, seemingly analyzing everything in her path. She finally located the person she was looking for: a man with blue hair and a built figure, dressed completely in the typical ANBU garb.

The former Kazekage stood in front of him for a moment, examining him from head to toe as quickly as she could. "My name is Shinobu, I'm hired help," she stated simply. She refused to salute the man, who's name she didn't even know, or to show any sign of established respect between the two. It wasn't in Gin's nature to give something so precious to her so freely. At the end of this mission, she would see whether this man and the companions that came along with them were worthy of it or not.

Word Count: 778/3000

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The shinobi continued to wait patiently outside the commander’s office. He watched as squad after squad was deployed to various areas of the village, some to provide reinforcements and others to provide medical aid. The ANBU began to wonder how this whole debacle began. Who exactly were the Seven Bells? These were questions that rang through his mind. All he knew was, based on what he has witnessed so far, the Seven Bells were powerful. So powerful, they required an alliance of the majority of the ninja village to hold them off. It was scary to think one person could have so much power as to influence so many. He guessed it was similar to the power the Kage held in their respected villages, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
In his spare time he enjoyed speculating and theorizing, but now it was time to stop pondering questions that were only going to take him circles. He forced himself to steer his thoughts back on the mission he was being sent on. His partner(s) on the assignment were sure to be arriving soon.

“Who’s that lady?” Kenji whispered to himself as a very upright woman, approached him. She marched through the area authoritatively. There were many emotions going on with Kenji, and they would have been obvious if he wasn’t wearing a mask. She greeted him plainly and professionally. Kenji lowered the pitch of his voice more than usual, to give a more husky and sultry tone. “Shinobu; I’m Jenito. It’s just going to be us for now.” Kenji stared at the woman whose body was covered from head to toe. Bandages covered all of her face excluding her frigid eyes. Her glare sent a shiver through his body. He had never witnessed such a figure before, from what he could tell she was an attractive woman, at least her body was. Shinobu wore long boots that supported her forceful stride and a skin tight suit that accentuated every curve. She reminded him of a girl he once knew, he had lost her, found her, and then lost her again. He was sure she would be gone for good this time. He hoped so anyway, he couldn’t take any more pulling on his heart. His mind began to race as he realized now what had drawn him to her. “How will I focus with this woman that’s not only mesmerizing but reminds me of the only woman I’ve ever loved? I thought ANBU were supposed to be masters at suppressing emotion, I’m still new this I guess.”

As he adjusted the longbow that he held over one shoulder he approached the serious kunoichi. “I’m glad you’re here to help, we definitely need it, and we’re being sent out because we need even more help.” Kenji said in a casual tone, “as you already know our job is to make it to the Daimyo and notify him of our situation down here, but we’re going to have to tread quietly through the wilderness first. I won’t bore you with specifics, we’ve been called upon for a reason, and that’s because we know how to handle situations and assignments like these.” The mission was pretty straight forward, don’t make any noise and make it to HQ. If they did make noise they would have to kill anyone that confronted them, simple. “Only two things can happen on this mission: 1. we keep our heads down and we make it to HQ or 2. We accidentally don’t keep our heads down and we have to kill anyone who gets in our way, and then we make it to HQ. Neither makes me any difference.” He could tell he was working with a professional, and he was hoping after the mission the feeling would be mutual.

His lengthy katana lied on his hip, ready to be drawn, but he was feeling a bit tired, so he was hoping it wouldn’t have to leave its sheathe. Because if it did, he would have to draw blood, then he would have to cleave through bones, then he would have to wash the blood splatter from his clothes, then he would have to clean the weapon… what a nuisance. He’d rather kick the enemy in the balls and keep it moving, if the enemy was a girl, hmm, what would he do?  Use Genjutsu, and have her envision her favorite pair of shoes, and then while she drooled he’d simply walk past her.

They took off at a gradual pace. “I am curious about one thing Shinobu, do you think it’s possible for us to maneuver throughout the entire wilderness without being spotted?” It was and then it wasn’t a rhetorical question. It was quite a long distance, about a day trip. The Seven Bells scum were scattered over most of the area. On top of that, this was the wilderness, there was some cover but not enough he assumed to carry them the entire way. However, he was only minimally familiar with Kirigakure’s landscape. Maybe they could kill them from the shadows as they went along, leaving Seven Bells corpses along the route. Oh yes! He could shoot them with his longbow; snare them in Genjutsu, all from within the shadows and from a range. Kenji laughed evilly in his head. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” If she wasn’t he would be embarrassed, but whatever she was thinking he was sure it was a good idea.

WC: 1484/3000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.