You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Beyond the Wall of Sleep Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:06 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Nova could hear crickets chirping through the window that she had lodged open in her room, a soothing noise combined with the patter of rain outside. The sun had long since set, the nearly new moon and spattering of stars across the sky were hidden by heavily laden clouds floated slowly through the sky as they showered upon the lands of Mizu No Kuni. A cool breeze floated in from outside, smelling of wet earth and life and the musty scent that emerges with a rainstorm. Though it was a soothing melody that sung through the night, it was one that was still unfamiliar to her for the most part and kept her up staring at the ceiling. An occasional monsoon had crossed through the deserts near Suna, though the lasting storms such as this one were non-existent. Dressed in nothing but a light tank top and a pair of panties that fit like tight shorts, she had spend the last few hours laying atop the sheet and letting the cool air brush against her skin as she tried so unsuccessfully to fall asleep.

Having spent the majority of the evening shifting restlessly in bed, Nova would sit up with a bit of irritation and tiredness and pull the chain to the lamp beside her bed while transferring the novel that was sitting on the bedside table to her lap. Leaning against the headboard of the bed with a pillow tucked beneath her lap she flipped the book open to the dog-eared page and picked up where she had left before attempting to sleep. The chapter she had read last had a... somewhat steamy ending that had left Nova a little flustered, and she hoped that the next would not leave her so... frustrated. Not even a paragraph into the next page, a quick knock at her door jolted her attention towards that. “One moment!”, she shouted through a yawn at the person behind the door while strapping her wooden leg back on to her knee and slipping a floral silk robe over her shoulder and wrapping it around herself. Rising slowly to her feet, she limped over to the door and opened it to reveal a girl about her age dressed in the muted uniform that the house-servants under Lord Osada's employ wore.

“The lady Nozomi wishes to talk to you Nova, and wanted me to inform you that she should make your way to her personal room in the next ten minutes”, the girl relayed in a formal voice as she bent forward in a deep bow. She waited for a moment, in case Nova should have any questions, before turning on the heel of her polished shoe and walking back down the hallway. Nova's heart seemed to skip a beat as she worried about what could have warranted Nozomi calling her to her personal room, wondering if there was perhaps something she did wrong or if it might be for praise. Realizing that she was unaware of the location of Nozomi's room and that she ought to have asked the young maid for directions, Nova sprinted out of the room just donning the robe and her sleepwear and trying to catch up with her before she turned a corner and would disappear from her sight. Nova called out to her to stop, catching up with her despite the limp and inquired for directions. The girl would smile, “I was surprised you didn't want me to lead you there, let me show you where it is”.

Too late to go back and make a change of clothes or even put shoes on, she walked behind the girl while tying her silk robe around herself to maintain a shred of dignity despite going to talk to her superior whilst in pajamas and with a mess of curls auburn and teal curls with obvious bedhead. Following the lead of the maid, Nova wobbled up the oaken stairs to the third floor. Here she noted that the doors to the separate rooms seemed further apart, suggesting the interiors were much larger. Stopping at the second door at the left, the maid would signal that this was Nova's destination and left her in front of the door alone. Nova looked up and down the hall, wondering what the late night call would be about and trying to comb her thick hair with her fingers unsuccessfully. Taking a deep breath she raised her hand  to the door and knocked twice then waited.

[757 word count]

2Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Re: Beyond the Wall of Sleep Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi laid on her bed, a short white kimono wrapped around her body, ending midway down her thighs. Her pale skin almost blended in with the kimono, making her look more like a marble statue than a person. Her eyes and blonde hair were the only things that suggested otherwise, the blue eyes with the green ring and dots glowing slightly, and her blonde hair sprawled out at full length rather than pulled up into the bun she usually kept it in. It fell just past her shoulder blades now, having grown back since it got cut off in the hospital.

She heard the knock on the door that signaled the arrival of Nova, and she sat up slowly, her body slightly aching. Pushing off the bed lightly, her bare feet made nearly no noise as she walked across the cold floor, heading towards the door of her room. The room itself was interesting, as she figured it was larger than her entire house was, back when she actually lived there. She wasn't used to such a large place, and it was making her feel a little lonely.

Nova was the perfect person to talk to though, as she wanted to talk to her anyhow, and she hoped that maybe her company would help her feel less lonely. Pulling open the door, Nozomi gazed out into the hallway, taking in Nova's appearance, something she hadn't seen much, considering her use of a puppet in combat. She wasn't quite expecting to see her as she was though, in little more than underwear and a robe.

She blinked, slightly taken aback, and her mind couldn't help but flash back to the last time she'd seen someone in so little clothing. The name surfaced in her thoughts like it had only been yesterday, her mind recalling their actions afterward. Kaekio. Nozomi's pale face broke into a vivid red blush that stood out on her pale skin. Moving aside though, she ushered Nova into the room and closed the door, heading back to the bed.

Sitting down on the side of it, she looked off into the wall, Kaekio still on her mind, as she started noticing Nova's body a little more, stealing a glance at her from the corner of her eyes. The girl was damn attractive. "So, uh... I wanted to tell you how impressive I thought your skills are. The puppet thing, it's ingenious. It lets you stand in a fight against me, and that's no small feat." She stuttered a little bit over her words, finding them hard to get out.

Closing her eyes tight, Nozomi mentally beat herself up. She could feel her heart beating heavily in her rib cage as her nerves heightened. What was wrong with her? Why was she like this? She just wanted to talk to Nova, but was finding even such a small act very difficult. "Sorry, I'm... having trouble focusing. You're very attractive and it's slightly distracting." she laughed nervously.

WC: 516
TWC: 516

3Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Re: Beyond the Wall of Sleep Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
The door would swing open as Nova stood there holding her robe around herself. While it covered the parts that it needed to, the silk cloth was pulled tight over her chest but still gapped open in the center showing a distracting amount of cleavage and the bottom hem just barely passed under her butt. Should she for any reason bend over any behind her would receive quite a show. Face to face with the petite blond woman before her, Nova was not quite sure why a red blush would crawl up Nozomi's pale cheeks for a moment before she would motion Nova to enter and close the door behind her.

Walking daintily across the bare room with a short white kimono tied around her, Nozomi would sit upon the mostly neat though visibly laid in bed. Nova looked around the large bare room for a moment, glad that hers was smaller as the size did not make it feel more lavish or homelike, only more empty. Through the window on Nozomi's wall she saw the pattering of rain and the rain soothed her, though she still stood there wondering what could have made one of the mansions mentors call her to her room. Standing awkwardly in front of the bed near the blond woman, she shifted her weight from side to side uncomfortably as she suddenly felt particularly exposed standing here. The barely covering edge of the robe let her entire thigh be seen and had begun to loosen around the bust leaving Nova's well-endowed chest only covered by a thin white tank-top. Slighty more embarrassed now, Nova could feel the nearly ever present flush creep up her chest and cheeks in a pink flush across her pale skin and freckles. Conscious of her mess of hair she tried to comb through it with her fingers, wishing for a moment that she had traded in her long locks for a shorter cut like Nozomi's straight blond hair.

So, uh... I wanted to tell you how impressive I thought your skills are. The puppet thing, it's ingenious. It lets you stand in a fight against me, and that's no small feat.", Nozomi would stutter out a Nova. Immediately Nova would straighten up, not taking notice of the wavering voice but instead of the praise to which her face would light up. After thanking her quietly and letting the room fall silent again to which she would tilt her head and ask, “What was it that you needed to seem me for Nozomi?”. The sound of rain patter in the background seemed to fill the room in absence of words as Nozomi would close her eyes and seem to deal with an internal argument before speaking before laughing nervously, "Sorry, I'm... having trouble focusing. You're very attractive and it's slightly distracting.".

Oblivious as she was to the affections and attentions of others, Nova's cheeks would turn brighter red and eyes would widen with innocent realization as she spoke. The last time she had been the object of another's affection it was the flame-mistress Izumi and her wrists and the back of her neck still bore the slight marks from that encounter. Thinking back to the redheaded girl she felt her heart flutter before she looked back to Nozomi. “Th-thank you Nozomi... I... I uh think you are very pretty too”, Nova would whisper out as though something might go wrong if she spoke any louder. The petite woman was a very different visage than the busty redhead that graced her dreams nightly, but was gorgeous in her own way. The porcelain skin and blond hair made for a striking face, and her petite frame showed the qualities of one lithe and active. Lids fluttering above her eyes Nova's gaze would drop shyly downwards, noting the deep cleavage exposed by the opening robe but not sure if it was the right move to cover up further. Walking slowly over to where she sat on the bed she motioned shyly to the spot beside her and asked, “May I?”. Though her hair was a mess and she was in her pajama's she still smelled faintly of desert roses that seemed to waft around her that would drift in Nozomi's direction as she took the few limping steps closer.

[733 Word count]
[1490 Word count]

4Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Re: Beyond the Wall of Sleep Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 am

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
"Oh, sure, you can sit." Nozomi muttered as Nova motioned to check if that was fine. She watched the other girl with interest, seeing that she seemed to be at least as much flustered as she was. She was still a bit taken aback that Nova thought she was pretty too. Brushing it off as just a compliment that really meant nothing, just a nicety that Nova said because people did that, Nozomi's eyes moved towards the wall in order to help bring her focus back.

Noticing that Nova seemed to be brushing her hair with her fingers a lot, Nozomi leaned over to her nightstand, grabbing a brush. "Would you maybe want me to brush it for you?" she asked, motioning to Nova's hair. Absent minded, Nozomi began picking her hair out of the brush, accumulated as it was.

If Nova would oblige, Nozomi would begin brushing her hair, sitting behind her and gently running it through the mess of hair, taking special care not to pull it or hurt her. "I guess I asked you here to check in on you a bit, see how you're adapting to Kirigakure. Or the manor anyhow, 'cause you don't really seem to go into the village itself much from what I can tell. Most people here for the training don't, seeing as it's basically constant. Still, I know this is quite an adjustment from Suna, change of scenery, change in people, change in basically everything. You holding up okay?"

As a sensei, Nozomi was always full of concern for the charges she was given, wanting to make sure that they were in good health, physically and mentally. Izumi and Nova especially, having dealt with the destruction of their home, and move to an almost exact opposite environment in such a short period of time, it had to be hard. Or at least, it was understandable if it was. She'd gone through a similar change in environment when she was exiled from her clan, her home uprooted, and she had to move to a small shack. And again, when she basically lived in Kumogakure with Kaekio for a while, and then...

No, she didn't want to think about that, to think about Kaekio. She was still recovering from that relationship's end, and she needed to not break down again. Not here anyhow. Not now. She took a deep, but quiet breath, and let it out after a moment, calming herself down. She wasn't Kaekio's anymore, so she needed to let that go, and listen to Nova now that she'd asked a question.

Her brushing would be a continuous motion, but eventually she'd start running her fingers through the hair as well, partially to test how tangled it was, and partially because she always enjoyed running her finger's through someone's hair. It was a nice thing, helping her feel connected to someone else.

WC: 504
TWC: 1020

5Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Re: Beyond the Wall of Sleep Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
"Oh, sure, you can sit." Nozomi muttered in response,seemingly surprised at Nova's compliment back. Though she may not have said it without Nozomi having complimented her, she meant it. She was attractive in a different way than Nova herself was, lacking the curves and chest and opting for a short cut of her silky blond hair, but beautiful nonetheless. Nozomi's gaze would shift to the wall fro a moment as her face seemed to regain some of the composure Nova had come to expect from the slightly older woman beside her. Nova still self-conciously running her hands through her hair still as she watched Nozomi lean over to the nightstand near her bed. "Would you maybe want me to brush it for you?" she asked, motioning to Nova's hair with the hairbrush in her hand already as she picked the blond strands that were tangled in its bristles out. Nova would nod shyly, having been unprepared for the offer.

“that would be lovely... I didn't get a chance to brush it after having napped”, Nova would say, embarrassed that her habit of combing through her hair with her fingers had been noticed. Rotating her legs over the edge of the bed she sat with her legs crossed in front of Nozomi. Changing her seating position slid the robe further up Nova's thighs, just barely covering what it was meant to cover. With gentle hands Nozomi would start running the brush through Nova's auburn and teal waves of hair, her delicate touch managing to not hurt or pull as she worked her way through it. The waves of hair wafted the scent of desert roses with each stroke of the brush, the thick mess of hair slowly starting to smooth and shine down her back.

"I guess I asked you here to check in on you a bit, see how you're adapting to Kirigakure. Or the manor anyhow, 'cause you don't really seem to go into the village itself much from what I can tell. Most people here for the training don't, seeing as it's basically constant. Still, I know this is quite an adjustment from Suna, change of scenery, change in people, change in basically everything. You holding up okay?", Nozomi would inquire as she worked the brush through Nova's mane of hair though it seemed her mind would wander for a moment in deep thought before letting her attention snap back to Nova.

Trying to think of how to put her feelings on the matter into words for another to hear, the pair would sit in silence for a moment with the only noise being the soft rasp of the brush in her hair. “It's... it's not too bad. Though it is very very different. I think ill just be glad to settle in here. After leaving Suna then that extended stay in Kumo for the exams, I just want to stop moving around you know?”, Nova would respond thoughtfully, her mind wandering for a moment to her small slice of Suna that was within Izumi's mansions halls with the heated stone tiles and décor similar to that of their arid homeland.

The brush had been doing its work on the once wild head of hair, now starting to smooth and separate from its knots. Nozomi's hands kept work with the brush, the free one starting to run its fingers through the soft locks after the brush to ensure there were no knots left. Nova had not felt a sensation like this in longer than she could remember, the slow rhythm of the strokes soothing her and letting her relax against Nozomi's touch. A soft sigh would break from her lips and her body would visibly begin to relax after being tensed since she had entered the room. The gentle touch of Nozomi's fingers was a great comfort and Nova could have sat contently in the silence though felt as though she should say something. “How are your wounds by the way? From before the training fight, I don't know if you have any injuries that I could help with but if you do I know a medical jutsu or two”, Nova would speak softly and almost dreamily as the combing of her hair continued.

[727 Word count]

6Beyond the Wall of Sleep Empty Re: Beyond the Wall of Sleep Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
As she worked, Nozomi's trained nose picked up the scent off the young girl, and while she was rhythmically brushing through the hair, she lulled herself into a sort of small trance. Her head moved closer to the back of the other girl's head slowly as she continued her light massage and brushing. The girl gave a response to her questions, a little insight that she didn't mind it here but was tired of moving around and being in other places for prolonged periods of time. "I assume you'll be here for a few months or so before you have any assignments that pull you away from Kiri."

It wasn't like there was any need to leave the country for now, and Death Camp's training was going to be long and intense. It didn't fully require the attention of Sero and Nozomi, which was good considering they were probably going to be hunting down Lamya at some point in the near future, and these guys could continue training on while they went to capture the missing-nin. Things would have been much easier if she could have taken the snake down during their fight, but she wasn't quite strong enough to do so on her own. It was rather annoying. She knew there was a gap of power above her own, but she hadn't been able to break into it yet, and so was held back from being truly equal to Sero or Lamya or anyone of that calibur.

"Medical jutsu doesn't really work on me Nova. Not unless you're trying to slice me up, then I suppose it would work. Healing my body is difficult. I used to spend so much time in the hospitals, the combination of Ijutsu being less effective on me, and my chakra illness both just decimating me. So, while I appreciate the offer, I'm not sure there's anything you can do to help me heal up any faster. Time is all I need."

Perhaps she said more than she should have. It gave away some of her weaknesses, which as the Left Hand of the Mizukage, and the Head of the Hunter-nin Collective, she shouldn't just reveal those so easily, but she trusted that the girl wasn't going to just spout that stuff off. Besides, it didn't really matter, she was strong enough to hold her own against anyone for a time. Whether they knew she was sick and hard to heal didn't matter, they would still have a hard enough time making use of that information.

Her head moved forward again, brushing back Nova's hair as she did so, and a small kiss was given as her lips touched the nape of her neck was planted. "Please keep that information about me to yourself." she muttered softly. She may not think Nova would say anything, but it was still better to ask her anyhow, in case she didn't think it was important.

WC: 518
TWC: 1538

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.