You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
Winter Sleep

I'm lost in a deep winter sleep
I can't seem to find my way out alone

They arrived at the village in the early morning.
Misoka inhaled deeply, relishing the soft breeze playing with her hair.
“I have to go to the office now”, Suzume said beside her and let out a sigh. “Back to a whole lot of paperwork.”
“Oh well, have fun?”
“Thank you. Very considerate of you.”
Both of them broke out in a small fit of giggles before their ways parted.
Misoka waved goodbye with a sincere smile, still slightly amazed that she had gotten a new friend in such a short amount of time. Frankly, she would have never believed that one day, she would open up to a person other than her father and Bokuden. And then of all those other people, it had to be the Kazekage.

That aside, she didn’t really have time to stop and think about trivial stuff – trivial considering her current situation at least. Replacing the smile with a stern expression, Misoka pulled the hood farther down her face and looked around her, but couldn’t make out anybody else.
Seemed like all citizens were still asleep and simply enjoying an eventless Sunday morning.
She took out the scroll Bokuden had given her and wrote him a short message.

“I’m back in Suna.”

For a moment, she wasn’t sure whether she should tell him about what truly happened during her mission with Suzume – like, that she had almost been killed, that she had bonded with the Kazekage over that lethal experience and so on. In the end, she decided against it. The bandages around her abdomen were hidden under her clothes and… at worst, Bokuden would tell her to rest and blahblah while she couldn’t waste another minute anymore. Every day she spent doing nothing, more and more girls would have to suffer just like she had. Like she still did.

“Mission went well. Right now, I’m at the gates of Suna. Can you meet me there? If not, just don’t reply. I’ll hide somewhere and write you another time.”

The sound of glass shattering made her pause. She tensed up, quickly letting her gaze wander around the area. There. A drunk on a park bench who had just dropped a bottle of wine. No need to worry.
Misoka relaxed and chose to lean against a house wall whilst waiting for Bokuden’s reply.
After approximately fifteen minutes with no answer, she knew that he either hadn’t arrived in Suna yet or simply didn’t have time to meet her at the moment.
So she left as inconspicuously as possible and went to one of the local training grounds. There, she jumped up a tree, which didn’t seem like a bad hiding place for her.
Again, she took out the scroll and scribbled down a short phrase:

“I’m at training ground 7. I’ll be there for a while, so come by when you get the chance.”

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

2Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:13 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Spoiler:

It had only been that morning that Bokuden had relocated from his hotel suite to a more stable residence in a high rise condo in the downtown area of the Hidden Sand Village. He had no time table for how long he would remain in the village, but he was sure the amount of time would be significant enough to warrant a more private residence. If he were to be honest he also was simply very fond of the condo and likely would have been interested in buying it regardless. The condo was extremely modern in design, high on the 15th floor of a luxury high rise building… the entire floor. One of the perks of now controlling the accounts of the Ryuzoji clan in place of his father was a great deal more expendable income that was no longer being used to fund some of the clan’s more… unscrupulous dealings.

The condo came fully furnished and do to him travelling light, there was not much for him to move out of the hotel room with. The clothes on his back, his equipment, a backpack, and some of its contents that he had unpacked onto the marble countertop on the island in his kitchen were all of his worldly possessions at the moment. After taking his first shower in his new residence Bokuden would exit the bathroom and head towards the kitchen with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, covering everything from there to his knees. As he moved to the cabinet beside the sink to get a glass of water, a pale blue light would catch the corner of his eye, leading him to turn and see the seal on a scroll he had left on the island counter glowing that color.

He would recognize that scroll instantaneously as the communication scroll from the set he had made for he and Misoka, prompting him to immediately stop what he was doing and run over to the island. Eyes wide and breath slowed in anticipation he would carefully peel open the scroll to receive his message.

“I’m back in Suna.”

“Mission went well. Right now, I’m at the gates of Suna. Can you meet me there? If not, just don’t reply. I’ll hide somewhere and write you another time.”

“I’m at training ground 7. I’ll be there for a while, so come by when you get the chance.”

He swallowed bitterly as he realized that he had missed the first messages while in the shower. It was a stupid thing to be upset about, he knew it. She was fine, it was only the length of time that he spent in the shower, and she had given her a meeting place. Even still, a part of him that remembered the fear of losing her couldn’t help but push his mind into thought of “What if”. What if he was just 5 minutes to slow to respond? What if something happened while she was waiting for him? Hurriedly grabbing a pen from his rucksack he would place it to the parchment and respond in as simple a way as he could. He had no desire to waste time thinking of flowery words. He just needed to get to training ground 7.

“I’m on my way.”

Like a man running late for work Bokuden dressed himself as quickly as he could, still running his hands through his coat sleeves as he made his way to the elevator. Dashing from rooftop to rooftop he made his way through the village and over to the training areas just on its outskirts, looking for field 7. Once locating the field he would look around, but would not see the hiding Misoka. Moving over to a large tree over to the side of the training field he would sit up against it and pull out the communication scroll and a pen to send another message.

“Sitting at a tree a little off to the side waiting. I’ll be here.”

675~

3Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 am

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
“Sitting at a tree a little off to the side waiting. I’ll be here.”

Misoka’s eyes traced over Bokuden’s handwriting while a smile formed on her lips. ‘You’re already here,’ she thought amused, letting her gaze wander to his location. He really hadn’t noticed her, had he? Somehow this made her feel a tiny bit proud of herself – at least, she was still great at hiding from others.
Quietly, she hopped off the tree so that he would see her at last.
“There you are,” Misoka whispered and approached him, not without checking her surroundings first, though. Good. They were alone.
Standing in front of him now, she didn’t waste time beating around the bush. The smile still lingering on her lips, she pulled back the hood a little, so he could look into her eyes. It would definitely feel more comfortable talking that way.
“I see you made it to Suna much sooner than I did.” A soft chuckle left her mouth as she scanned her friend up and down inconspicuously. He was wearing his usual clothes, the rather western military style in blue and his hair was neatly combed back as always. It comforted her that over those years, some things just wouldn’t change all that much.
“How long have you been here?”

Another thought crossed her mind. While she had been on a mission with the Kazekage, how had he managed to walk into Suna like that? Well, after all, they wouldn’t believe that a man of his calibre was simply having his holidays here, would they?
“Did they greet you … um… in a friendly way?” she therefore added cautiously, almost expecting him to tell her about various fights he’d had with the elders.
Her voice sounded calm, though not the sort of cold calmness she had wrapped herself in back in Kumo. She was sure he would notice the change in her demeanour no matter how slight it was.

The mission and the new bond with Suzume had helped her appear… well, happier might not be the best word, but she did feel fresher and less gloomy. Furthermore, she would have never thought that being in her hometown again would actually make her smile. This thought alone seemed disgusting, given all the pain she’d experienced in the Karisuma estate.
Nevertheless, this was the place she’d been born in, the place which, despite everything, reminded her of her mother.
And last, but not least, she would soon be able to put an end to Akihiko’s crimes. Finally. With Bokuden, it was finally possible.

4Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:25 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As he sat at the base of the tree Bokuden noticed a familiar electrical signal waiting in the tree above him, but he wouldn’t say a word, instead waiting for her to come down and greet him. The hood she wore couldn’t hide her identity from his sensory abilities, but she didn’t make a particular effort to remain hidden from him anyway, speaking and pulling down her hood the moment she felt that the area was secure. Bokuden felt a surge of relief wash over him when he finally did see Misoka’s face again. Of course her eyes stood out right away, eyes that had enchanted him and likely a hundred other men when they first met her, but what made joy swell up inside of him was seeing her smile and laugh as she spoke.

How long had it been since he was able to bring a smile to her face just by being there, without even saying a word? He would venture to guess not since they were much younger. She had come such a long way since back then. Both of them had, but with the long time gap between their meetings, her change was much more obvious to him. He found it amusing that she was asking about how long he had been in the village and indirectly asking if anyone had given him problems as if to show concern for him. The tables really had turned between them, hadn’t they? Bokuden couldn’t help but smile warmly though, at the distinct change in her demeanor. She was calm, but not distant and seemingly eager to push him away like she had been in Kumo. Something was different with her. He wasn’t sure what exactly had inspired this change in her, but he was thrilled with it.

Before he opened his mouth to speak to her he would instead walk closer to Misoka and bring her into a tight, warm hug. “What, has your time back here made you forget about how we do this?” he said jokingly, “I’m the one that is supposed to worry about you, not the other way around Missy.” Releasing her from the hug we would look at her with a smile before continuing, “But yes, the village has been treating me just fine since my arrival. No problems to mention at all for the couple of weeks since I’ve been here. Which reminds me, where have you been all this time? I managed to finish up my work back in Kumo and head over here earlier than expected, so I sent you a few messages through the scroll while I travelled here. I even snuck around the Karisuma estate a bit at night, wondering if maybe they had captured you again. Since I couldn’t sense you there I just assumed they hadn’t yet brought you back. I figured you were just off on a mission or something like you had mentioned back before you left. Whatever you did, it looks like it worked. You’re stronger now, I can tell.”

520 | 1195~

Last edited by Bokuden on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:21 am

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
"That’s good to hear.“ She pulled back and smiled. “I was on a mission with Suzume-sama. I couldn’t exactly decline a Kage’s offer, not that I even planned to. In the end, this mission did make me stronger, I believe. It was the right decision.”
A determined look crossed her face as she let her eyes dart around the area once more. When she went on, she deliberately lowered her voice, “Is everything ready?”
Bokuden would know what she was implying. The time had come to strike. After all those years, she would hopefully find the closure she’d been searching for.
“Where is the hotel you’re staying at?” She chuckled. “Please tell me there’s a room left for me. Every once in a while, I very much welcome the opportunity to sleep in a bed rather than on the ground.”
The mission in Kiri had been exhausting enough over the past week. Even so, her sudden optimism and almost cheerfulness certainly came as a surprise, to herself as well. But it was better this way – She definitely needed one or two laughs before the final show down.
Then another thought crossed her mind. “You snuck around the Karisuma estate?” Misoka began thoughtfully. “Did you see anything out of the ordinary? Sorry, wrong question. Did you see people hurrying around and cleaning and – to make it short: Were they very busy? I just hope Akihiko hasn’t postponed the big party or something. According to my notes, it should take place five days from now.”

Argh, I really hate my computer!! -.- I think I have a virus (again) xD Sorry, it took so long! At least, the stupid computer lets me write in Microsoft Word again xD

6Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
“A mission with the kazekage?” Bokuden questioned, raising an eyebrow curiously at Misoka, “Isn’t something like that a bit… high profile for someone that is supposed to be in hiding? How did you manage to pull that off without rousing the suspicion of your clan?”

He couldn’t help but smirk at the look of determination in Misoka’s eyes as she spoke. She wanted to get stronger and at least from what Bokuden had seen thus far she had accomplished that goal. Even so, he would have to be careful to reign in her overzealousness when dealing with the delicate situation they were getting themselves into. She would have to take care not to allow their plan to become a campaign for vengeance solely for herself. She had told him once that she wanted to free the other girls of her family from the same anguish she lived through. Having firsthand experience with what blindly chasing vengeance can do to a person, Bokuden worried that when the time came and she was face to face with her oppressors that she would forget the domino effect that her actions might cause.

“I’m actually no longer staying in a hotel,” he added, addressing the preparations he had made, “I decided that my outside appearances would be better served if I threw some money around and outright bought a condo in Sunagakure. I’m here as the spoiled, wealthy heir to my clan, aren’t I? I need to play the part. But don’t worry I have a room for my personal assistant, no expenses spared on the luxury. What kind of high roller would I be if I didn’t have my entourage living in luxury as well?” He paused for a moment to laugh at the whole show that they had organized with their plan before continuing, “So where are you staying now? One of the benefits of not staying at a hotel is that we don’t have to worry about signing you in under your disguise. If you’re so eager to sleep in a bed for once we can head back there now and you can get yourself settled in.”

“As for the Karisuma estate,” he began, shaking his head at Misoka, “I did my reconnaissance during the night, so I couldn’t tell you about what they were doing during the day. There haven’t been any rumblings of a big party, but I did reach out to your clan to express my interest. As expected, when I dropped my clan name I got their attention. I’m actually supposed to meet with the clan leader in a few days to discuss the conditions of my purchase. I’m sure that we’ll be able to get any information about the next showing event then.”

472 | 1667~

Last edited by Bokuden on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:54 am

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
"Yeah, I was skeptic at first too, but we had to travel to Kiri for the mission, she said in response to Bokuden’s question. “There, I couldn’t possibly run into some relatives of mine. Thank God.”
An amused smile tugged at the corners of her lips as he went on, telling her he wasn’t staying in a hotel. Misoka joined his laughter. “Perfect! That’s even better than a five star hotel. Nice acting, Bokuden. I can’t wait to get there. My room’s probably the most luxurious I’ve ever been in.”
For a short moment, she glanced at her tattered clothes – consisting of a beige, dirty shirt and half torn pants reaching down to her knees. At least the black cloak, which she never got tired of wearing, hid the nastiest dirt and blood stains on her back. She didn’t even want to think about her surely-not-so-nice smell.
The moment Bokuden had finished speaking, Misoka suggested with a slightly embarrassed smile, “That sounds good. I’m sure Akihiko will send a dozen profiles of girls to you as soon as possible. Until then… um, shall we get going? I definitely need a shower.”
In the corner of her mind, she couldn’t help but feel amused at that familiar situation they had once again found themselves in. Just like five years ago, she was the skinny vagrant dressed in the most inappropriate clothes when she met Bokuden. Quite the coincidence, huh? Then again… maybe not so much since Misoka had never been a wealthy person.
She nodded towards him. “Alright, you lead the way.”

As soon as they started moving, another question crossed her mind, “So how have you been the past weeks? You arrived in Suna earlier than I thought. Is everything alright in your hometown? I mean, how’s Dad and Nami? Did someone of my clan attack them?”
Oh. Too many questions at once. Misoka laughed quietly to herself. “I’m sorry, I’d just like to know. But then it's your turn of course!”

*siiiiigh* I would've posted much sooner if my computer had been able to display this site. D: I'm running a virus check right now and hope it'll get better =/

8Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Empty Re: Winter Sleep [Bokuden/Invite Only] Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden chuckled at Misoka’s almost hesitant request to agree to head back to the condo. After all this time some things really didn’t change. He still clearly remembered the first time he had invited her to stay with him, and how reluctant she seemed even though he was welcoming her openly. Hell, she just barely agreed to go out to lunch with he, Nagare, and Jishin when they first met. Funny enough, this situation was very reminiscent of how they were back then, Misoka in tattered travel clothes and all. Somewhere deep down part of him probably still hoped that they could return to the way they once were, just as they seemed to be coming full circle now, but time and the hardships of life had taught him not to dwell on the past.

There was no need for him to waste either of their time with empty words when she told him to lead the way. “Let’s go then,” he would reply with a smile, waving with his hand for her to follow before turning in the direction they would travel and taking off, purposefully keeping his speed at a casual pace  so that  their trip would be relaxed and calm. A brief sadness came over Bokuden between the time he took off and the time Misoka caught up to him as he thought of he and Misoka’s relationship. If nothing else, he wanted her to know that he was her friend. He wanted to help her accomplish her goals and overcome her clan, but he couldn’t help feel that he had come to have a negative association in her mind. What had the time she had spent with him been tied to? Tears, running away, hiding, feeling helpless, feeling abandoned. Is this what Misoka associated with him? He wouldn’t be surprised. How could he blame her? If he truly wanted Misoka to be happy, maybe the best thing he could do for her is help her take down her clan and then disappear. She didn’t need him around being a constant reminder of the darkness of her past.

He froze when she asked about what had happened in Kumogakure that allowed him to arrive in Suna so much sooner than originally intended. He didn’t want to tell her everything, especially not before they finished what they intended to do in Suna. It was something that she did not need to concern herself with now, it would only serve as an additional distraction and complication when trying to complete their objective. None of this was about him or his problems, it was about helping Misoka solve hers. Until further notice, his policy regarding the events with his clan that led to him traveling to Suna was simply to avoid speaking of them. “Your father and Nami are fine,” he said with a forced smile, “I still have my people looking out for them. There have been no attacks, and it doesn’t seem like there will be any. No one from the clan seems to have shown an interest in them  if they don’t think you are there.”

529 | 2196~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.