You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nakajima Naho

Nakajima Naho

D-rank
It was almost clockwork, the walk to the training grounds. Her father had a fascination for enlisting tutors from her peer group to several ranks her senior, all to groom the young heir into a woman worthy of wearing the Nakajima name proudly. Her right hand toyed with the scroll loosely juggled in its grasp.

”Your instructor shall be waiting at Training Ground 72.”

Cryptic as it was, the short message was typical of the receptionists at the mission desk. With no less than hundreds of missions streaming in every half a day, the briefest of comments were scribbled. It didn’t matter how influential anyone viewed her father – if he made such a simple request for a training instructor, it was up to the ninja in question to understand the contents with the quickest of skims. And, knowing his standards, any confusion worked into the mission, purposefully or otherwise, was simply another hurdle she was expected to smoothly overcome without a whisper of complaint from her lips.

Unfortunately, Training Ground 72 was nestled in the Tsumi Sand Grounds. The Village Hidden in the Sand, already sitting in the heart of the arid desert, bore the brunt of the sun’s pride beaming down upon Mother Earth. The sizzling sands shifting around the Tsumi Sand Grounds, famed for conditioning ninja and polishing the military like a diamond in the rough, was the epitome of the harshness Sunagakure’s ninja endured. The closest substitute – and by a far margin, from Naho’s studies – was Iwagakure’s no less infamous barren terrains that forced their ninja to hunt underground for food and water. It was a wonder the masses mistook Sunagakure for the weakest of the nations when her inhabitants braved the harshest that nature offered as if it was – and it was – just another daily routine, as much as drying one’s fogged windows would be in the far eastern reaches of Kirigakure.

[ 322 | 322 ]

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren was quietly sitting and contemplating what exactly he was doing here in the Tsumi sand grounds. Many people asked to be trained by him, or asked for his help. Very few of them had actually convinced him to step out of his comfort zone, training in the sandy arena. Yet, here he was, sitting in the sands meditating while he awaited his student of the day, whatever her name was. He knew he was to be teaching a kunoichi, or female ninja, but had no idea as to the identity of said person, nor the name. He'd simply received a message that he was to wait for her out her in the Tsumi Sand Grounds, out of the village's interior. She would most likely introduce herself as she came up to him, but for now he'd have to speculate. Was it some bad ass ninja? Some crazy kunoichi that no one else would agree to train? Could it be the daimyo's niece? Someone related to the Kazekage? A visiting dignitary's wife? The possibilities were near endless and all of this speculation and guessing was giving the Uchiha a headache. He wished he would get a nice message sometimes asking politely to train a specific person, with all the details he'd need written out so he didn't have to do a bunch of guessing and then test for himself. He did like testing for himself, but this was ridiculous.

The jounin sighed and stood, the sun coming down upon his form, outlining it in the brilliant light. He was dressed head to toe in mostly black clothing. There was his black shinobi netted shirt with blackout sleeves concealing his arms, with a shinobi gi vest over it. Black shinobi gi tights, black tabi and black shinobi sandals. Even his hitai-ate's cloth was a dark jet black colour, matching his hair's deep hue. The only thing not black was his sunagakure no sato flak jacket, which was a deep sandy brown. On his right thigh were bandages wrapped around and a tool pouch over those that held his shuriken and kunai. Upon the back of his belt, under the flak jacket was his trusty tanto, Hikari-Ha. It was placed in an easy position to reach and use, while not being in the way of anything else should he need mobility. The Uchiha sighed and straightened the hitai-ate upon his forehead, the sun glinting off of the metal. He heard foot steps approaching, which caused him to turn to greet the newcomer, hopefully his student.

"Ah, it's been long enough. I assume you're the one I was asked to train? My name is Syekren."

Nakajima Naho

Nakajima Naho

D-rank
Her sensei for the day had been simple enough to spot, a dark speck resting peacefully in the distance growing into the full figure of a man clothed in black. The recognizable flak jacket of her village fit perfectly over his sturdy form, the only article a light, sandy brown amidst a sea of jet black, the very same colour of the handsome youth’s hair.

Naho didn’t bother to hide her approach – those never worked. The soft crunch of sand beneath her feet, grains and particles grinding against each other with each footstep, was never the telltale giveaway of her approach. Ninja who were enlisted to polish her didn't depend solely on their sense of hearing, nor did any of their other four senses form the safety net of which they fell back upon. No, come close enough and their sensory – barring the mention of years of honed battle experience leaping to the forefront of their beings – carried more than sufficient warnings of her arrival.

Her sensei turned to face her, chiseled features housing mismatched eyes meeting her own emeralds. Their flicker wouldn’t go unnoticed, the way she quickly logged in his appearance: concealed arms, protective gi, tabi and sandals all the colour of black. It resurfaced memories from this morning – and every other – of Naho looking at herself in the mirror and admiring the dark outfit that had become her standard attire. The only articles standing out, save the Sunagakure flak jacket, were the bandages of white hugging his right thigh and quite possible latching onto the shinobi pouch that held his equipment.

Naho’s eyes caught the slight of his hand as it reached to adjust his headband. Nothing too dangerous. Yet.

"Ah, it's been long enough. I assume you're the one I was asked to train? My name is Syekren."

Syekren. She noted that for later as her head bobbed slightly in agreement. “Yes. My name is Naho. I assume your client’s Nakajima Naganori?” she asked, citing her father’s name. “We should get started. I apologise for my impatience but the sun today is far from what I consider conducive to any kind of training.”

[ 366 | 688 ]

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren sighed quietly and reached into the pockets of his flak jacket, procuring a scroll. Naho Nakajima then? Was that her name? Syekren shrugged inwardly and opened the scroll, reading over the romaji symbols for a moment before he spoke. "I suppose it is Naganori, yes. I dunno really, I only skimmed it and didn't see your name specifically or who I would be training so to me the client wasn't the import thing. I didn't recognize the name from anywhere, after all. In any case, yes. Let's get down to training. I don't exactly know what you can do so just come at me with whatever you have and we'll go from there. Don't be afraid to go all out, because you won't actually be able to hurt me, trust me on that." The ninja chuckled and turned away from the girl, walking off in the opposite direction she'd come from, stopping after ten meters. He stood there quietly, his blue eyes lazily watching her form. His mind calculated the many different ways she could attack and with what, and he kept himself at the ready. His mind, however, had other things that it wanted to bring up.

The Uchiha had noticed her beautiful green eyes and long flowing scarlet hair that seemed to reach her waist. She too wore black clothing as he did, it wouldn't be so strange normally, save for the fact the two were residing in a desert village. It was currently a normal day in such a desert as well, which meant that their black clothing would hold in more heat. He imagined she was just as trained to deal with this as he though, so he made no mention nor took any mental notes of this. Upon further inspection, Syekren noticed that she too had a scar on her eye. What it was from was something he was unsure of. It could be from the same problems he had before, or it could possibly just be that she wasn't careful as a child. Either way, Syekren stopped dwelling in his thoughts and reached back for his blade. He stopped and reconsidered this, thinking of the repercussions should she not be able to handle such an act and dropped his hand. He didn't want to put too much on a student the first day without knowing what they were capable of. And so he waited for her movements first.

417|873

Nakajima Naho

Nakajima Naho

D-rank
Naho’s eyes never left their target as his hands unfurled a scroll, inked onto it likely the parameters of his current mission. What next left his lips similarly left her mildly stunned, though she betrayed any of it.

“I suppose it is Naganori, yes. I dunno really, I only skimmed it and didn’t see your name specifically or who I would be training so to me the client wasn’t the import thing.”

Naho filtered out his manner of speech, catching the hint of joviality and laxness in the slangs that coloured his words. She paid less attention to his apparent ignorance of the client or mission parameters; as Naganori’s son, the Nakajima woman knew all too well the humorously cryptic nature her father delighted in. Business or no, the man couldn’t be read; Naho knew too well his unpredictability from her two decades of living under him.

Not that his attitude was unwanted; it was simply difficult to decipher.

“I didn’t recognize the name from anywhere, after all.”

That caught her by mild surprise. Still, her years of training helped her avoid any outward display of the unexpected emotion, albeit she would acknowledge she failed to help her raised left eyebrow. The Nakajima name, while not the most influential, was popular even with the middle-class and some upper-class nobles. Their meddling in all affairs Sunagakure, ninja or no, earned them a… unique status within the village; although it would make sense that this information remained completely unofficial. A normal family with no Kekkei Genkai or notable service record, regardless of outliers, was still a normal family. Then again, the matter was easily explained if her father opted to avoid placing down his last name – unusual but not illegal.

“In any case, yes. Let’s get down to training. I don’t exactly know what you can do so just come at me with whatever you have and we’ll go from there. Don’t be afraid to go all out, because you won’t actually be able to hurt me, trust me on that.”

Naho entertained his chuckle with a quick inspection of her equipment, just as he turned around. Her limited capacity in the presence of what was likely a Jonin was not lost upon her, having been driven to her limits repeatedly since her youth by individuals not unlike the man who was walking away from her. Two katana rested on her back, held with straps camouflaged to her dark wear, one of them wearing the sheathe her mother gifted to her in ill will. Ninja wire lay ready at her tune, strung up in loops within her pouch along with her kunai and senbon, latched to one of her belts, accompanying a rolled up scroll behind her. The quick checklist was done within a mere moment, having already run through the process for years on end, just about the time it took for her instructor to step two meters from her location.

Naho’s fingers tensed.

Well, he had asked her to go all out.

Her finger dropped silently into her pouch, attaching the end of one wire to a lucky needle, the act having been practiced multiple times on the way to university. As her instructor was in mid-step, right leg brought up in front of him, a mere four meters away from her, she moved. Her left hand shot out, flinging the senbon along with it, chakra running invisibly along its length and that of the metallic trail leading back to her. At the same time, her right hand curled around the handle of one katana – the same one wrapped in the blunt sheathe her mother had kept giving her as a symbol of their irreparable relationship – drawing it to her side as she ran forward.

Normally, she would also be concerned with searching for a suitable substitution, though without any particular item their size in sight, save the three clay dummies found anchored firmly into the ground, she had to forgo her favoured escape.

The senbon would’ve been aimed for his head, while Naho’s forward rush would be accompanied by a horizontal leftward slash aimed at removing her sensei’s right arm.

145 | 150:

[ 709 | 1397 ]

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren smiled as he heard movement after only two meters or so. He hadn't gone as far as he wanted before there were a sound of a hand cutting through the air to throw something, while the sand shifted to allow a forward dash. With  an agility that matched his normal speed, his had pushed into his tool pouch to grip onto the lone kunai within, his form turning as he drew it in an inverted hold, the blade pointed down to the sand instead of upwards to the sky. He held this at a defensive diagonal angle while his free hand raised upon seeing a glint through the air. There was something flying at his head, near eye level and it seemed that she'd wanted to get this party started in a most peculiar way: senbon. When he caught the tool between forefinger and thumb, he gave a slight tug and noticed that it was attached to something, most likely ninja wire. The jonin quietly tossed the senbon down and moved his form to the opposite side of an oncoming slash, raising his arm and subsequently twisting the kunai through the air as he did so.

The contact of the two blades meeting would be softened by a parrying motion brought on by the elder ninja. Her katana strike, while well placed, would simply be ineffective as a means for attacking head on someone so far above her own level. She had heart and a great mind for tactics it seemed, but nothing that was exactly exemplary to his standards. Following the parry, the Uchiha would move forward to barely be inches from her face with his own, smiling softly. His bristly beard would move with his jaws, while his blue eyes danced with watching her movements. "Talented, yes. But I'm sure this isn't all you have for me. Push yourself much harder than this and you may even have the ability to scratch me." He was goading her into trying harder, trying to see if she really had anything else to give in such a situation. Once his words were done, his speed went to the brink of what he could manage, ducking and rolling backwards from the girl, coming to land back upon his feet. His free hand went into his pouch, pulling his three shuriken free.

One hand with a kunai and one with three shuriken: not something he normally did, but it would do for an encounter like this. The man quietly jumped back and tossed one in a left arc to come around towards the girl's side. When he landed, he jumped to the right and loosed a second in a wider arc above. The Uchiha smirked as he ran forward, tossing his last shuriken in a rising arc behind the girl, meeting the second at its fulcrum to be knocked back towards the girl aimed at her spine.  During this chain of events, his kunai would come in a slashing motion towards her stomach, with much less speed than the other movements. He'd not want to actually harm her, after all. And so, his speed would most likely be around the maximum for a genin, or even one freshly made a chuunin. It would provide an ample challenge, without being completely over her head. How she reacted to such attacks would shape his opinions on her styles and his ideas for a lesson plan.  Syekren knew all too well how overwhelming something could be if the student was not ready to learn, and only hoped she actually knew what she was doing.

605|1,478

Nakajima Naho

Nakajima Naho

D-rank
As expected of a Jonin, Naho’s preemptive maneuver had failed to slip past his guard. She could diagnose the errors that had led to her slip up after, though the analytical part of her mind chalked it up to the sound of her footsteps against the sand – not particularly an error she could fix. Shinobi of higher caliber were privy to senses that dwarfed any their inferior. Perhaps barring a deaf opponent, Naho’s only option would’ve been to be on par with her sensei – a fact that was impossibly by definition.

Her senbon was plucked out of the air like a candy. She felt a slight tug against the wire held in her left hand before the senbon was dropped like a fly onto the sandy earth below. Her right hand swung free with her katana, wrapped in a wooden sheath that splintered upon contact with Syekren’s kunai, not so much the blade of the kunai cutting through it but the weight of two solids crushing it from both sides being too much for it to bear, sending parts and splinters falling around them.

“Talented, yes. But I’m sure this isn’t all you have for me. Push yourself much harder than this and you may even have the ability to scratch me.”

It was a taunt and the jab would’ve gone noticed by even a deaf rabbit watching in third person. Yet logic and emotion were two different facets of the human mind, and while the success of separating the two from work were essential to a successful ninja career, in practice it was much easier said than done. As such, Naho couldn’t stop the small twitch of her left brow even as she filtered his words and understood that at the very root of it, it was simply a taunt.

Not sufficient to rile her up, but the very fact that her sensei could taunt her in the middle of a spar would sit well with no one, no matter how eager they were to learn or how accepting they were of their shortcomings.

Then like magic, he disappeared. Naho found him standing on his feet a meter and a half back, right hand in his pouch and reaching for three shuriken. In response, she dipped her left back into her tool pouch, ninja wire made useless still clutched in her hands. He’d either used a jutsu or just his plain, pure speed. Neither would surprise her but the latter was more believable – this wouldn’t be the first

occurrence where her sensei’s physical shape towered over her own, quick to the point where her eyes failed to follow.

Naho wrapped the other end of her wire around another senbon, preparing it for whatever he had planned with his flat, rounded projectiles. And his maneuver caught her curiosity. Not surprise, no; anticipation on the battlefield made for few surprises unless – as she had been privy to not just moments ago – she couldn’t see them coming. Yet the three shuriken that were soaring her way, even if the last one was misaimed, were very much easy to spot.

The first she was able to easily deflect with her right katana as her legs blurred into motion towards him again. Doubtless that she could dodge his second, her mind still remained wary of the last, which she could tell was a ploy by her sensei. No projectile would be wasted, unless her sensei was sick to the bone and toying with her very psychology.

Her eyes, again, saw the incoming kunai made for her stomach, his left hand making a rightwards swipe, from his perspective, at her exposed abdomen. At roughly the same time, she heard the distinct ‘clang’ of metal behind her, and by pure instinct rotated her body counter clockwise, her knees bending during the motion such that his kunai would come towards her head instead of her stomach, and such that she would end up in a crouch facing Syekren’s right at the end.

During the motion, her right hand had retracted close to her body, the blade near parallel to the ground but angled slightly above. Syekren’s kunai would meet her katana, sharp metal sliding on sharp metal but missing her head save a few strands of scarlet. She would then kick off with her right leg, making distance between herself and Syekren and landing in a crouch facing him just two meters away. Despite not being part of her plan, the shuriken aimed for her spine would miss her completely, Syekren its new target with her having slipped out of its way.

Her left hand would shoot outwards with the senbon held tightly, though her aim would be clear in how the sharp flick of her hand sent enough tension through the attached wire into the senbon that Syekren had just dropped, now being flung towards him as well, albeit carelessly.

140 | 150:

[828 | 2225]

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren watched the girl carefully, bracing to move as she came towards him again. Not for nothing but she had deflected one of the shuriken and it fell to the sand without a sound. The other two had done their job behind her as she approached, but something had told her to crouch and turn her body. When his kunai and her katana met, she'd kicked off with her right leg, giving distance between the two of them. Upon her landing in a crouch she shot her hand out, which if Syekren could guess by the senbon still there, was only for the wire that led to the ninja tool he'd thrown down to the sand earlier. It was before she'd even landed that his body was set into motion. Syekren's form turned to face her, his free hand coming back to rest upon the hilt of his tanto while his hand holding the kunai would toss it up, the arm swinging out as the shuriken approached. A maneuver such as the one he was pulling would normally be hard for lower ninja to perform and would take countless times of practice to get it right, without hurting oneself.

The lucky thing was: Syekren had spent years honing his skills. Once the shuriken was in range, the arm swung over it, his middle finger pushing down into the hole in the middle. His middle finger curled slightly to keep the projectile spinning and in his hand as his arm continued the arc. Once it reached the fulcrum, he straightened his finger again and released the shuriken towards the girl. It was not aimed truly at her, but at the wire that would be coming from her hands to control the senbon on its way to Syekren. The turn the man had performed would bring the blade of the tanto out around three inches, a fourth of its length, where the glinting metal would be hit by the ninja tool. It would bounce off back into the sand once more while the shuriken would fly towards where he guess her ninja wire was stemming from based on the trajectory of her pull. This was all quite a bit of math to do in the few seconds he saw her performing these actions, but he wasn't done just yet. As he finished his turn and throw, blocking the senbon, his kunai came back down. His arm was already swinging back to catch it by the hilt as he stepped forward.

There was a quickness in his movement. He didn't just sprint towards the girl, but around to her right, searching out a blind spot. Instead of finding one, the male kicked hard three time to push up clouds of the sand into the air.  This would mask the movements he would use, which would then include sheathing his tanto and throwing the kunai through the cloud at the girl. While this happened, he'd run around to the back, kicking sand up and did so again on the left. This would cause an encompassing cloud of sand around nearly all sides of the girl: save for the front. It was with this that the male would activate his two tomoe sharingan, bringing his body with his full speed to the area between the sand clouds. If all was to his plan, this would be the center of focus should she look around to take in her surroundings. It would be then that he'd begin to make handseals, staring straight to the face of the girl. There would be a tiger, then a sleight of hand to the monkey seal while his two tomoe sharingan spun around. It would seem that only one jutsu would be used, but in fact there would be two.

Once he finished the handseals he'd breathe in deeply and then release it, there coming a fireball of quantifiable size. "No wasted movements. Always on guard, plan for anything." He'd call out to her as the fireball would descend upon her form. What wouldn't be necessarily apparent is that the fireball was a simple genjutsu that would only trick her into believing she was on fire, taking damage. The second part of the jutsu would be that the normal trigger would be replaced with her looking into his eyes, triggering the genjutsu through eye contact instead of the monkey seal. It was something he'd learned while studying the history of the sharingan and the Uchiha. Not many knew of the Uchiha lately, especially around the village hidden in the sand. So if this girl knew anything about the sharingan, she'd be able to tell what it was by his eyes, which would be used as the moment to trigger his genjutsu. In theory, at least. Many people would simply think he was wearing contacts if they weren't privy to the clans that used to exist in numbers.

265/300:

831|2,309

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.