You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Although the Kazekage had brought him here before, the slums was rather grimy up close. The Ushinatta strolled through casually, as if he didn't have a giant pinwheel strapped to his back, or that his umbrella didn't periodically glow. He stopped noticing those tiny details as they became almost as natural as breathing. Kisei was surrounded in the future from the perspective of the natives here, although these were nothing but reminders of a tragic past. No matter how new or seperated, all of his being could be traced back to a place, a place perhaps not out of where, but rather when; and it was starting to get constricting. He had made friends here, he loved his new home, loved the people here, this world. But every once in a while he could almost glimpse through his right eye, though it saw no light; only conflict an death. He might be insane to even think it, but he missed it. Well, not exactly...

Kisei sighed deeply as he continued his trek through the darkening slums. He could think back and cry about this later, when there weren't any thieves lurking around, meanwhile he had someone to find.

A few days ago a mysterious client had picked up an incredibly dangerous set of gloves, the same man had offered him to a chance to train and it was time to collect. "He said Hounds Haven, hound's haven, but where do you even find anything here?" Kisei wondered out loud, I mean there aren't even any signs. At least any that he had seen, (hadn't seen). Absentmindedly looking at up to the sky the Ushinatta dazedly formed animals out of the clouds up there. Even in the shade of the slums the desert heat saturated the air with its weighty embraced. With little thought the genin gripped the bottom of his pinwheel and snapped it into position facing him. A little chakra and a bit of concentration and within moments Kisei was signing contently with his portable fan.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see other people lined out around the walls. Some looking rather desperate. Their small bodies reminding him of his home. He tried to ignore their faces as he passed by them, as much as he wanted to help them want could he do really, that would make a difference. So he continued, walking aimlessly amongst the dusty alleys of the slums, searching for that man.

135/150:

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren's form moved from the rundown shack he'd been using as a base of operations for a while. His blue eyes scanned around the afternoon sands in the slum, searching to make sure that he wasn't being watched when he stepped into the streets. He had a shaggy beard upon his face from neglecting to shave it, but his jet black hair was still pulled back from his face and slicked neatly as though using a specialized tool. Upon the back left of his belt was a tanto with the Sunagakure no sato's symbol upon the pommel and the sheathe near the middle. He wore his black shinobi gi with the black netted shirt underneath, the netter shirt having black out sleeves that covered both of his arms. Through the netting and the opening of the gi, one would be able to make out scars upon his chest in the shape of an 'x' with the center of these scars seeming to have a larger circle scar. His black shinobi tights and black tabi were normal today, as were the black shinobi sandals upon his feet.

Some would think that dressing in all black in the desert was a bad idea, due to the heat, but he was used to such things at this point.  Syekren looked around at the faces of those that passed by his shack, shaking his head. They all seemed so downtrodden, there had to be something he could do to remedy their situations eventually. The ninja moved away from his shack, walking through the slums in the village of the sand, looking around for anything that may be out of place. Since meeting Ryu, he'd grown to have a bit of a soft spot for the people here and did what he could to help them out so they would realize not all ninja from the sand are heartless or want their suffering to continue. Syekren was lost in his thoughts and he barely noticed the boy he passed by had a large pinwheel upon his back that was apparently rotating? Syekren stopped on a dime and turned to look at the pin wheel, studying the weapon before he walked back towards the boy who looked towards the solemn faces of those in the slums with pity.

"Can I help you? You seem to be a bit lost, young man. Coming to the slums of all places with such a large weapon in tow is sure to upset the locals. I've been working hard to ensure that they see ninja as more than killing machines who are out to make them suffer and I rather hope you're not here to undo all that work."

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei had kept his guard up since the first moments he had stepped into the slums. It was no place to take lightly. Poverty and desperation was a dangerous combination. So when the young ninja had picked up footsteps following after him he had instinctively moved to grip the bottom of his pinwheel, keeping the chakra link active, and moving his other weapon down to cover the top half of his face. With a quick step forward and spun around to confront whoever was closing in on him.

He was not prepared for the youthful, perhaps attractive face, (facial hair wasn't really for him). They were slightly dirty from their experiences in the slums but that wasn't what caught him off. The shinobi get up was a bit of a shock, the banality of such prestigious garb on a street walker was enough to momentarily stun him. Their voice was another shock but one that released him from his unwarranted staring. Keep your eyes up Kisei. He scolded himself as his pupils took in the cut of his shirt, taking in the view of the man's scars and the stories that lay behind them.

The stranger spoke plainly, rather straight forward unlike more civilians would. Although their tone was a little bit arrogant Kisei bit his lip for now. They did have a point... He thought carefully for a minute on their words. To Kisei this wheel was nothing more than a toy that just happened to double as a weapon, although to everyone else; what did they see?

"Alright then-" he started, ignoring their last statements, "-there is something you can help me with." He leaned forward, shifting the umbrella up some to introduce his youthful features. Also delighting in the close up view of their enchanting blue eye- focus Kisei! "I'm looking for some company, and it seems that I won't make on time without a guide. Are you familiar with 'Hound's Haven'? A favor for a favor, you take me there and I'll owe you. My organs are off limits though."

125/150:

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
OOC: for the posts by me, this is considered flashback

Syekren's eyes watched the young man as he adjusted his umbrella rather distrustfully. He wasn't normally a fan of guiding people, mainly because he didn't know who he could trust now a days. Still, the young man seemed genuine enough and his humour didn't fall upon deaf ears with Syekren. At least, the shinobi hoped it was humour. Still, he shrugged and turned, holding his hand out as if to say 'this way' and began to walk in the direction he had come from. The young man was heading west when the hound's haven was to the east. At least it was from this position. "The hound's haven is actually this way, I know the owner of it, and I'm sure if you're trying to find it Ryu will be expecting you. It would be best not to dilly dally further and get along then." When he was done speaking, he quickened his pace only a bit to a quick walking speed, so as to not hang around the people who hated shinobi too much longer. He didn't want anything to happen to this kid when he was just looking for a way to get in contact with the defacto ruler of the slums.

As they walked, Syekren put his hands to his pockets, whistling a low tune. He quietly stared ahead, looking around as they would walk for any signs of disturbances. It would take them around five or ten minutes to make it to their destination and it was eerily quiet for two people who would be walking together. Not one to wait on ceremony to break the silence, the Uchiha spoke up again to the young man. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your business at the hound's haven? We don't usually get many people around these parts that aren't looking for trouble or bringing it with them. You don't seem like the type for either, if I'm any judge of character. Are you here to make a friend, perhaps sell some spices?" He turned his head to look at the young man, the last question being more sarcastic than anything, but he wouldn't let himself count him out for anything that could possibly be true.

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
"Sure thing." He answered quickly, keeping up with the man's quick steps. It didn't immeditely cross his mind that this man could be lying, but for now he was pleased enough to dismiss the possibility.  Though perhaps he should be wary of the reasons they had those clothes and scars. Kisei was confident in the ability of his reflexes, and his weapons. His pinwheel especially had excellent promise. As they walked the low whirl of the weapon strapped to his back was a constant reminder to stay on guard if this man wasn't all he appeared to be.

Moments passed into minutes as they strolled through the slums. From glances to either side Kisei could spot even shadier people who definitely did not seem as friendly as those were were near the entrance. Kisei's guide, deciding to break the tense silence, asked him about his purpose here, essentially. While he had no reason to withhold that he certainly wasn't just going to tell everything so easily.

"I created, helped create, something that they wanted. A very powerful something if I do say so, and besides the obvious ryo involved they owe me a little something extra." Kisei explained. His eyes rolled up to the sky in contemplation. "Though I suppose that I could make a friend while I'm at it." He spoke out loud. Reaching in his right coat pocket, after a few tries (curse his blind eye for that), he produce a small slip of paper.

"I'm a blacksmith of sorts, and this-" waving the card. "-Is my business card." On the card it contained the basics like where the request board was located along with their house and the kinds of things they specialized in. Mostly weapons at this point but both Ushinatta forgers were hoping for things to turn around soon. One can only forge so many weapons before one got bored of the same blades. Kisei sighed at the depressing thought of sharpening more weapons.

"Now since you got your answer you'll have to deal with one of mine. Unless you got something better to do?" If the man accepted Kisei's proposal he would go on unaffected. "Who exactly are you, and what do you know of 'Ryu'?" Kisei had a sneaking suspicion that they were both talking about the same person, but if this man could provide some insight into who this person is Kisei might just have a chance of coming out this unscathed. One simply didn't invite someone into the middle of the slums, not unless one was a very dangerous individual.

115/150:

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren listened quietly as the young man explained that he created, or helped create something Ryu wanted. A powerful item, if he was any judge and Syekren turned silently to look back as they walked. He was slightly interested in such things that had to do with created items of power. He continued walking towards the hound's haven, yawning as he walked, nodding to a few people who watched him. They knew who he was, and what he was capable of. They too heard the whirring of the large pinwheel that one of the most dangerous men in these slums had his back to at the moment. From what he could see on their faces, Syekren guessed they were flabbergasted that he would even turn his back to another person, much less one with such a weapon on their body. Still, he wasn't too worried about the kid, if anything, his tanto, while small in size, would pack more of a punch than either of the weapons this guy had on him at this moment. So, no harm no foul as far as the ninja was concerned.

When the kid mentioned something about making a friend, Syekren looked back again, raising an eyebrow. When the kid made a move to reach into his coat, Syekren instinctively pulled his tanto from the sheathe a bit, the blue blade glowing in the light. When a business card was held out he sighed and resheathed his weapons, reaching back to take the card, flipping it around his hand as he read it. His sharingan flickered for a moment, trying to detect any traces of chakra before he pocketed the piece of paper, seeing no danger. "A blacksmith might just be something that I need soon enough. I've been looking for not only new weapons, but for armours. My current mask isn't quite up to snuff, and while it has a nice ability I like, I'd love to see if I could get something a bit more protective. Tell me, do you know of any way to develop a mask that affects hearing, sight and taste? Possibly to fight genjutsu?"

The uchiha was completely invested in the conversation now, after finding out the kid was something of a craftsman. There was nothing he would love more than to see fine work being created, as well as to use it for himself in the coming days. He grunted when the kid wanted him to answer a question or two but shrugged in saying 'sure why not?' When he was asked who he was and what he knew of Ryu, the Uchiha chuckled. "I'm known as Syekren around here, a native of Sunagakure no Sato. Ryu and I have a deal going on currently, which came about when I held him up at the end of my blade during our drink. All in all, a fine enough man, no records, great liquor maker. Brews everything he serves in this bar up here." He pointed to an approaching building, the hound's haven, chuckling a bit as he did so. This kid was in for a treat.

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei raised an eyebrow when the stranger tensed up as he drew out his business card, then instantly relaxing when they snatched the card up. They studied it for a moment. Kisei was looking at his eyes and, he could swear that they changed colors. He blinked twice just to make sure he wasn't seeing things and they back to normal. I need to get more sleep. He thought to himself.

The Ushinatta was caught off guard for a moment when they suddenly spurred on the conversation. Going on about this and that. He was able to keep up with the conversation though he was still shocked. Seems he's been holding out on me. Kisei surmised. When they finished he gather his thoughts for a moment. Thinking about their request and how it could be done.

"If you're talking about affecting yourself to cancel out genjutsu, yea, I can figure something out. Calibrating the mechanics to keep your chakra from being manipulated would be rather simple, once a base of your average chakra activity is set all you'd need to is actually build it." Kisei declared confidently. It may require a bit of Alpha's assistance but he was certain that he could build it.

Kisei looked up to they buildings they were approaching. This one they were moving towards looked to holding an considerable amount of hung over people. Kisei turned to the stranger leading him there, talking as they walked. "Well it seems like a good place." Taking Syekren's advice he made his way toward the building they pointed to. He turned around and flashed a nod to the older man. "Don't forget to give me a call sometime." Kisei smiled. When he turned around he remembered, they didn't have cell phones in this world. Oh well, I'm sure they'll meet one way or another. The Ushinatta paused in his tracks. Spinning on his heel he turned around and skip-leaped to his guide. "You said they have drink here right? Come join me! Let's get a drink." He cheered as he proceeded to attempt and drag him by the hand into the bar.

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
Syekren yawned, making ready to leave. He had the kids business card and from what he said, the device Syekren wanted could be made. It was just a game of getting the funds at this point. With that in mind he made ready to turn and leave, stopping after the kid mentioned giving him a call sometime. He must have been thinking what Syekren was, or at least had guessed what the Uchiha wanted now that he had the business card. Then the unexpected came: he was asked in to have a drink with the young man. The guy didn't even look old enough to drink, and Syekren had a few things he needed to get done. Still, he wasn't one to turn down the firebrand whiskey he liked, knowing especially that Ryu Myugan's bar would have it in stock. After all, he was a repeat customer, more often than most and would pour in quite a bit of money just to get his favoured liquor. With a shrug, Syekren turned back to the blacksmith kid and followed him into the building where they would get a drink together.

"You know kid, you never actually told me your name. I'm not one to pull a card back out of my pocket just to get basic information, savvy?" He smiled softly, in a disarming nature before turning to the bar maid who approached, recognizing him immediately. "Ma'am we'll have a table in my usual spot, yea? You know what I like and if the kid wants anything I'm sure he'll let you know. Why don't you see if Ryu's here?" With that, he gave the woman a generous coin purse and waited for her to bustle off before walking towards the back right corner of the tavern, waving the kid along. He would wait for the young man to meet him at the table before he sat, looking at the wall where a picture or two of criminals hung, boasting large rewards. His eyes shined a bit with a knowing look, thinking on such things. He would sit there quietly for a time, as if waiting for something, anything to happen during their time. After not too long he turned back to face the opposite side of the table, smiling, his hand pulling a blade from the back left of his belt, planting it in the wall over the face of a criminal's poster.

"Already caught this'n. Put up quite the fight, but I always get my man." The Uchiha sat back a bit, watching as they were approached by the bar maid with a clear bottle filled with amber liquid that she set down in front of Syekren. She also set down two shot glasses and would set down anything else that the young man accompanying Syekren might have ordered. When she set off again, the man reached for his bottle and bit into the cork of it, pulling it out with his teeth and spitting it away. He somewhat ceremoniously filled the two shot glasses near the brim with the drink and set the bottle down. With a cautious hand he slid the second glass to his companion and raised his own in a 'toast.' Should the other accept this gesture, the glasses would clink together. Either way, the Uchiha would take down his drink, the roasted cinnamon flavours and taste of fire going down his gullet easily. He chuckled at the taste and absolute joy he got from his liquor, peering across the table, waiting for the lad's reaction.

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Kisei grinned slightly at the older man’s inquiry, interesting. Most people weren’t too interested in him besides his abilities, he was probably just trying to keep the conversation up he thought dismissively. Nonetheless he’d humor the man. After instructing the lady that he’d just like water Kisei followed Sykren to his table. For a while he thought about how he wanted to go about answering the older ninja’s(?) question. A straight up answer would’ve usually been his style, but he seemed rather preoccupied. Maybe once the drinks got here the conversation could start. Kisei set his pinwheel and umbrella under his seat and had his pinwheel lean against his seat. The Ushinatta reached out to flick one of the bladed fins on this pinwheel when he saw Syekren drawing his blade. Kisei’s instinct was to reach for the closest weapon but he trusted that Syekren didn’t hate him that much to kill him in- Kisei blinked, a flash of movement and his guide’s blade disappeared from his hands and was no embedded into the wall. The teen gulped slightly. Not too long after they sat down the maid, waitress, whatever they were they brought us our drinks. Setting Syekren up with his poison while Kisei nodded his thanks for the glass of cool water. He reached out for a drink and as he was about to take a sip Syekren suggested a toast. Now Kisei didn’t know much about this specific custom but he was happy to indulge in it. A small laugh escaped him as they clinked their glasses, each taking a swing of their respective drinks before settling their cups down.
He waited a step before, somewhat anxiously, answering Sykren’s question. “Name is Kisei, of the Ushinatta “clan”. I doubt that you’d be familiar with our people, we aren’t very prominent or populated.” Truth be told Kisei wasn’t even sure if they were the only ones of their people to find their way here. Hopefully not. That world had long past, it was time to bury it and leave it forgotten. “What about you though? I’m not too well informed about the clans here but I’m sure I can make a guess or two.” He challenged. Kisei leaned forward, grasping the man’s features. “Sumiko?” He quickly guessed. If he was wrong, he’d try again. “Myugan maybe? You seem like you rather like that drink.” He joked. Though if it turned out he was wrong again he’d give up, not too eager at playing a game of “Guess-who” the whole time there were there. “I give, so what are you exactly?” Eyes drawing thinner, a hint of surgical amusement in his eyes. As if he were examining machinery and not a human being.

478/2051

Kizashi

Kizashi

D-rank
'Kisei Ushinatta, Eh?'

Kisei was right, Syekren truly had never heard of them before. Not being prominent or populated was probably the reason for that, though he'd never even heard the name Ushinatta around the village hidden in the sand. Sunagakure no sato was usually well known for the diverse people and clans she had, boasting to it even, but just about every clan and person was kept in a record book, that he no longer had access to. He sighed at this realization. How could he forget that he had no access to the records' room in the administration building after the few issues that had sprung up? The man rubbed his temples in thought, trying to place if he'd seen the name written down anywhere, but wasn't sure if he would be able to say he had. The only thing he'd seen about Kisei was that he was part of one of the squads of ninja in the village, and if memory served, he was one of the Kazekage's personal students and squad members. So why was he not more well known than just his first name? Being trained by the leader of the village usually made those ninja more well known. Syekren would have to deliberate and study this thought. Something that had to do with information in the village would definitely be useful later on down the line.

Still, there was one thought he had in his mind that he needed to discuss with Kisei, just so he had his information right. "I've seen your name a few times on a few records I was privvy to, so the only thing familiar is your first name. You were a squad member if I recall correctly for... the Kazekage, right?" His differently coloured blue hues stared into the eyes of the other man, looking for anything he could use information wise, trying to discern if there were to be any lies. After he spoke, he'd listen to what the young man had to say as he went on talking about clans, trying to guess the one he was from.  A Sumiko was his first guess, but Syekren barely knew anything about them and could say he definitely wasn't one of them. There weren't many of them around as is and he wasn't sure he'd actually met a Sumiko in his life time. A shake of his head as he watched the young boy, who then quickly guessed Myugan, owing to how much he enjoyed the particular drink he had. His eyes lit up and he let out a great laugh, slapping his knee a few times. That truly was an interesting guess, he'd have to relay such a thing to Ryu when he got a chance.

"No, lad, none of those. Though I'll take it as a compliment. The Myugan are truly interesting individuals and great with their craft. Ryu, the owner of this establishment, happens to be a Myugan and he makes every liquor and brew they have here. It was a good guess, to be sure." With that, he poured himself another shot and took it down quickly, the warm cinnamon and smoky flavours hitting the taste buds just the perfect way. His eyes shifted from their normal state to the three tomoe sharingan he was known for, the tomoe spinning in place. He smirked, watching the kid with his eyes that were said to see all and nothing would get past them. He waited for a time before deactivating them and pouring another shot while he spoke. "My clan is actually not from this village originally. We were spread apart hundreds of years ago during a massacre by one of our own. My parents moved here when I wasn't even a thought in their mind, settling down and giving me life. They wanted me to have a better life than I would in the Leaf Village, due to my bloodline and well, everywhere I go, everyone knows the eyes of an Uchiha. It starts more fights than it ends as many wish to get their hands on them."

700|2,673

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
“Well, you flatter me Syekren. But no.” Kisei pointedly explained. “We only met on some occasions, like when they wanted to talk about the state of the village and some plans to fix it. She never really got to train me, or rather, she was never interested in me that way” He looked back to the barmaid who was working at the stands, wondering when she’d come over and tell us whether or not Ryu was here. As impatient as he was for now he’d simply have to roll with it for now. Kisei continued with his questions, rebuffed by Syekren each time, though for some reason he broke down at the thought of being a Myugan. They went on to explain their status and his views on them. While the Ushinatta had studied the clan through what records he could find there was on them. They were an.. Interesting folk with a unique take on alcohol so it didn’t really surprise him to hear that Ryu had made a business of it- Kisei blinked twice, barely catching it the first time but there was no mistaken it the second. Syekren’s eyes had inflamed red, no, revealed its red was more fitting, and in those red eyes of his swam three fish like tomoe. This bastard…. He thought to himself.

The Ushinatta listened intently to Syekren’s story, taking in his pain and what it must’ve felt like for him. For once in his life, he could understand it. Vaguely, but, he felt like he understood Syekren. Even just a little bit. But that connection was drowned out by the quiet rage lurking inside of him. Why was this one blessed with the ‘All Seeing Eye’, while Kisei didn’t have two functioning ones?! “I can’t blame them really. Even I’m jealous of that “omniscient” eye.” Kisei admitted emotionlessly. His eyes compressing into slits. “Especially when all I have is the one in my left.” Kisei held his useless right eye closed as he tilted his head to hold Syekren’s image in the center of his vision. He had learned to suppress the habit of automatically turning in order to blend in, so the picture was blurred somewhat for a moment before it adjusted.

He waited for another moment before picking up the conversation. “You know, me and you are more alike than I would’ve thought.” Kisei started. “The Ushinatta is more or less just me and my brother, and we were people of another world you see.” He paused, letting the information digest. “My home world was consumed by a constant civil war that had been fought for more than a two lifetimes. Ordinary people fighting with weapons strong enough to kill jounin, most of them no older than my  current state. Thankfully my brother cared enough to protecte me, kept me safe, and because of him I survived the destruction of my home and found myself in the Sunagakure, where we’ve settled down-”

“Well Kisei! What are you doing all the way out here sweetie?” A croaked old voice cooed from behind Syekren. Appearing to have appeared out of thin air. A moment later the doors slammed against the walls holding them, their hinges cracked under the pressure. The distinct scent of flame exhaust filling the air, clinging close to the new figure. Kisei tilted his head sideways to catch a better glimpse of his brother. They had adopted the form of a short old woman, fully sinking into their role as.. whatever they were. He robes of the sunagakure commoners, their flowing green hair showing signs of age as long gray streaks ran through them. Incredible, his brother had already mastered the transformation technique to this degree? He leaned further into the tilt, noticing the sheathed blade at their hips, no doubt the Blurred Straight Blade. He gulped. “You know it isn’t polite to ditch your grandmother, sweetie.” His (grand)brother chuckled, the disturbingly high and aged voice made Kisei cringe. He grabbed the glass of water, quickly finishing its contents before redirecting his attention to his transformed brother.

“Alpha, drop the disguise I know it’s you.” Kisei whined. His brother, current grandmother, ignored him as he walked around the table and quickly swept both of the young Ushinatta’s weapons and stuffing under their robes. How that was possible Kisei had no idea but he wasn’t going to question his brother. “I’m so sorry about my grandson here, he’s such a rascal sneaking out on me while I was cleaning.” His brother laughed, moving to grip Kisei’s right arm and squeezing- Unbelievably tight. His grip was so strong Kisei had to bite his lip to keep from screaming out. Dear God he was sure they bent his bones. He could just imagine the next time he was dragged in for an X-ray they could see wrinkly finger grips on his bones. “Oh, I see you already ordered, well let me pay for that.” Kisei tried to explain that Syekren had already paid the waitress but they only tightened their grip, effectively shutting him up. God, he was going to need an amputation when the got back.

Alpha quickly produced a small box and placed it on the table. The small jingle inside telling of its contents. “Please, take the change.” Alpha smiled kindly as he dragged Kisei out of the bar, ignoring his protests. If Syekren were to open the box he would indeed find a decent amount of coins in there, but with a small note on the top, reading as follows: “Watch your back, Uchiha.”

-Exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.