You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed. A strong breeze blew by and didn't bother him in the slightest. He happened to be on top of a small mountain and meditating. All he was doing was thinking. Nothing more, nothing less. He had been recently been studying the concept of a "void" genjutsu. It sounded really interesting and attracted his attention. After a lot of studying it for a good few weeks, he finally wanted to try and perfect it in his own way. Opening his eyes, he stood up and pulled out a book. He had gotten the book from the library and was memorizing the hand signs needed to preform it. After looking over the sequence, he started it himself. Releasing the jutsu, he aimed it in an empty area to test how it would look and judge how much chakra he would have to pour into the jutsu. Due to his concentration, he wouldn't notice anything that was around him. The gusts of wind helped him to stay focused, because he purposely ignored them.

Spoiler:

Word count: 180/1000

Last edited by Skye Nekito on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Hiromasa walked up a mountain trail to stretch his legs and clear his thoughts, humming quietly to himself. His life had been quite eventful recently indeed. He'd become a Genin, made new friends and gotten his first paying independent job, actual job content non withstanding. As he turned a corner and hit the relatively low top of that particular mountain, he saw a boy who looked to be about his age standing there. The wind whipping his hair in front of his eyes, Hiro flicked it over his shoulder so he could satisfy his curiosity about what the other ninja was doing.

When after a few seconds nothing happened, he wondered if the jutsu had failed. "Hey there, what're you up to? I'm not an expert on anything at all really, but you look like you might need some help with whatever you were just trying, as long as you don't try to kill me, anyway." Getting no response, he realized that the wind had probably drowned out everthing he'd just said. Walking slowly so as not to startle the stranger, who still seemed to be focused on something or other, he eventually came to stand next to him, peering at the space the other person seemed to intent on concentrating on.Nothing. "Hey there! Need any help with something?"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye broke his concentration when he heard someone else's voice. He looked over at Hiromasa and immediately stood up. "Oh... Uh... Sorry... I didn't hear you. I was a bit busy with... This thing..." His voice gave it away that he was somewhat surprised to have someone randomly walk up to him and start talking. One hand reached up and scratched the side of his head. Now he didn't really think about having someone come up to see him, but he was happy with the company. Thinking back for a moment, he tried to recall was Hiro asked him before he broke his concentration. "Uh... Do I need help...?" Looking down at the book he had, he grinned and had an idea almost instantly. "Well I am working on a Genjustu... and I could use someone to practice it on... Would you be up for that?" The tone of his voice seemed to sound slightly lower when ending each sentence. "Oh crap... Where are my manners... Skye Nekito." Holding out a single hand, he expected a return in greeting and answer to his offer.

Word Count: 264/100

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Meeting the outstretched hand with his own, Hiromasa nodded as they shook."Oh, well that explains why it looked like you were just staring at a random piece of ground I suppose. Was thinking you might be a bit unhinged," Hiromasa replied, chuckling. "Practice a genjutsu, huh? I admit there are not many things lower on my list-of-things-I-want-to-happen-to-me than getting attacked by genjutsu, but I did offer to help and I do need to get some practice breaking the things. I'll do it if you agree to be the guinea pig for one of my own genjutsu sometime, as I'm just learning the stuff myself. Eh, I'll do it anyway, but I'll probably ask you sometime regardless. Good practice for both of us."

Walking forward to roughly where he recalled Skye staring at the ground, he turned and faced the Nekito. "Alright. Uh, well, lay it on me or, you know. I'm Hiromasa by the way." Drawing a kunai just in case he had a hard time dealing with the technique without using pain , he braced himself mentally as best he could and waited.

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye nodded to his new companion and kept his grin up. It surprised him that after only being in Kumo for a few months or so, he was able to meet new people who were about his own age. That, and the fact that every time he met someone, it was usually an accidental meeting. After spending a few seconds reviewing the book once more for the sequence of hand signs, he began to mimic the institutions. "Alright... Here it comes..." Skye directed his gaze directly at Hiro. The genjutsu was now in play, but at a lessened state. Not much chakra was poured into it, so the void's appearance was only in a small radius. The pattern looked disorienting and definitely looked confusing from Skye's perspective. Only the pattern appeared, nothing else. Skye observed how his genjutsu affected his new found companion. He wanted to see how he could use this new jutsu to his advantage.

Spoiler:

Word Count: 421/1000

Last edited by Skye Nekito on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
"Alright... Here it comes..." For a moment, nothing seemed to happen. Remembering Skye previously staring at the ground,he looked down and saw a small pool of what he could only describe as black ink. At first after seeing it it seemed simply to be black ground beneath his feet, but after a few seconds it seemed like the blackness had seeped into his mind, making it harder to think.

Still, the pool wasn't all that big, and if he jumped out of it he'd possibly be fine.However, when he attempted to move, he realized that this was impossible. Still able to move his head, he looked at Skye. "Interesting jutsu, makes it kinda hard to think in here and I can't really move below my neck," He said, his body twitching as he demonstrated and attempt to do so. "Was that kinda what you were going for? Question, though: What happens if I simply didn't look down?" As he spoke he did his best to wiggle a shuriken loose in his sleeve. Wouldn't be a proper test if he didn't try to break the jutsu, after all.

Skye

Skye

D-rank
"It says in the book that there's something that will make the person look down... Or at least be trapped a little longer... Guess it didn't trigger because the void is too small..." Skye was somewhat disappointed in his first real try, but then again, it was a the first time he truly used it. He now knew that he'd have to put much more chakra into the jutsu in order to make the void bigger. Slowly moving his head, he could see that Hiro was moving, but he wasn't able to see the shuriken he was trying to retrieve. "But other than you not being able to move, its working perfectly..." He grinned slightly. Like Hiro, Skye couldn't move too much. He could still react to an attack, but doing so would cause him to stop the Genjutsu. Even though he thought about the possibility of an attack, he didn't really believe Hiro would try something like that. It was unlikely he could. He was trapped by the Genjutsu.

Word Count: 591/1000

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
"You can't move either, huh? Interesting technique," noted Hiromasa, struggling to move. While it had at first seemed impossible, he realized that it was simply very difficult. Lifting a leg slowly largely as a distraction, he managed to get the shuriken to slide into the palm of his hand, out of sight of Skye, ready to squeeze if the jutsu proved too difficult to handle at some point.

"Is this meant to be some kind of tag team technique? I mean, making it a pain in the butt to move and a bit harder to think is cool, but if you can't move either, what's the...I dunno. I guess, at the end of this jutsu, what advantage are you supposed to gain? Normally genjutsu have some aspect of fear or pain or trauma or just good, simple binding, which this has, but if it binds you too...I feel like I'm missing something. With a partner though, this could be quite deadly. My buddy Sanosuke and I plan on doing something like this eventually, where I will lock someone in place and he can run in and cut them down in one move. Same deal?"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye nodded, but kept his focus on the jutsu. In order to cover everything Hiro had asked him, he went in the order that he asked it. "I was mainly planing on making this a stall so someone else could attack. Though I would like to see how far this jutsu would go with the fear. Still... It's a work in progress." The void was getting harder to maintain and it started to misshapen slightly. He took a quick second to adjust his concentration before assuring himself that he heard Hiro correctly. "Sanosuke...? Sanosuke...? Silver hair? Weird eye thing? I've met him already. He's a nice guy." The memory of his short meeting of Sanosuke popped into his head. It was the first time he had ever been to the Sky Bar. All the people he had met in Kumo up to that point were really rather nice. Not once did he meet someone willing to pick a flat out flight for no apparent reason.

Word Count: 756/1000

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
The void around him wobbled for a moment, no longer quite a circle. "Hm. A cool jutsu I suppose. No idea what you mean regarding the fear, though," he said, setting his foot down and allowing the shuriken in his hand to dangle on a finger. As if on cue, Hiromas felt something grab his leg. Looking down, he saw a hand that appeared to be made of the same substance as the void he was standing on.

More amused than scared at first, he was startled as another hand rose from the murk, then another. Simply staring at them as they latched onto his legs, he was surprised when he felt them begin to pull him down into the darkness. Had the jutsu not been cast by an ally he would've been worried indeed. Struggling, he managed to free his legs of one of the lowest arms, using the increased mobility to gradually remove all of them, each retreating back where they had come from as they were defeated.

Turning his head to look back at Skye, he grinned. "Wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try to break this now, would I?" With a flick of his wrist he managed to toss his shuriken at Skye. The toss lacked the power to do even a small amount of damage and wouldn't hit him anyway, simply going over one shoulder, but if that proved insufficient to break Skye's attention he would simply try harder.

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Even though Hiro wasn't too frightened about the arms, Skye most certainly was. He even tilted his head slightly when he saw them. Right after Hiro broke out of the illusion, it quickly disappeared and allowed Skye to move now. Skye saw the shuriken head for him, but only did a slight inch to avoid it from cutting his shirt sleeve. "Did... Did I just make an arm come out of that...?" His voice was more questioning than anything else. Picking up the book he started to review it a little more in depth. He was silent for a good minute or so before finally looking up. "Would I be able to try this jutsu once more? I think I know how to improve this..." Dropping the book back down, he waited for his training partner to either agree, disagree, or maybe even come up with his own suggestion. A few thoughts ran through his mind about improving what he already was capable of. He would have to increase the chakra output, focus a bit harder, and possibly add some more effort in his own unique was.

Word Count: 943/1000

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Stretching his arms and legs a big after not being able to move them very well for a while, he walked past Skye and reached down to retrieve his shuriken. Hold it up in one hand, he nodded. "I did say I'd help you master this jutsu, no? Wouldn't be too smart of me to expect you to be done already after the first attempt. I'm gonna keep this shuriken in my hand and see how easy this jutsu is to break with the application of pain. Very important to know that, after all."

Slowly walking back to his place, he spun around and gave Skye a thumbs up. "Alright boss, whenever you're ready!"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye took a few steps back and finally found a good place to set up. His eyes narrowed as he tried to judge the distance from Hiro to himself. "Alright... This time should be a lot better." He began to do this hand signs, but this time, he didn't need to look in the book. After the signs were finished, he stared at Hiro and the void appeared again. It's radius was much wider and covered the ground up to where Skye was standing. Focusing even more caused the arms to reach out of the void and grab at Hiro's legs. Once they had their grip, they started to pull him down. The void seemed to react by causing a slight distorting wave. Like what happened when someone slowly made their way into calm water. Skye grinned slightly when he saw that his adjustments were working in his favor. Though, he was somewhat curious on what would happen if Hiro went completely down. The only thing he could really think of would be passing out, or some sort of action that would sedate Hiro. "How are you feeling?"

Spoiler:

Word Count: 1131/1000 =COMPLETE=

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Tried a second time the technique was much more potent.The arms came out of the void much sooner this time, and instead of merely holding onto him, began to pull him into the dark. Although the movement restriction was not as powerful as it had been at first on the previous casting, the disorientation was stronger and Hiromasa found himself shaking his head, trying to clear his mind.

Out of curiosity, he focused and slashed downward with the shuriken in his hand. Immediately one of the arms grabbing him was severed and fell away, melding back into the pool. Cutting away the rest, his descent into the void ceased. "Now for the final test," he declared, and begin closing his hand around the shuriken, trying to see how much pain it would take the break free. As the blades broke his skin, the void seemed to shrink somewhat, but did not disappear. Squeezing harder, he drew blood, which slid slowly down his hand and began a small trickle down his arm. The void shrank further still, Hiromasa seeing his feet suddenly above ground again. The disorientation remained for a few more seconds before fading. "That's some jutsu there, gives me an idea for one of my own. We should stay in touch, eh? Might be able to share notes on new techniques and such, and the way Kumo seems to be now, can't hurt to stick together, maybe do a mission or two. At any rate, I should get going, but it's been nice to meet you!"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye sighed in relief. Constant use of the jutsu left him a bit tired. After standing up and stretching, he walked over to Hiro and grinned as he listened to him talk. Once his new friend said his part as well as his farewell, Skye shared one last statement before going on his way. "It was nice to meet you too. Feel free to stop by my clan's encampment any time. They might be a little cranky at first, but just say you know me." With one last farewell, he grabbed the book and started to head down the mountain. He was really happy it took him only a short while to get his new jutsu down. Though having help made things a whole lot easier. Before heading back to his clan, he swung by the library to return the book he borrowed. He was a bit sad when dropping it off though. It reminded him of the first friend he made in Kumo. After a few seconds of reminiscing, he shook the thoughts out of his head and went straight home.

-=EXIT=-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.