You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Fri May 27, 2016 5:01 am

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo got his equipment packed up, his sword and shuriken and such in his pouch, he'd yet to get another weapon to use with his new skills he learned from Sero and Nozomi a few weeks ago. Since then, he had changed a bit though, a lot had happened to him and he had neglected his training, but now it was time for him to get it back together. He headed immediately out to training ground 22, a rather simple area, it was more of an arena than anything and it reminded him an awfully lot of the chuunin exam arena he had participated in and lost so long ago on. He ran through the village with some haste, waving to a few people as he walked by, taking every short cut he could think.

He quickly made his way to the front of the gate that marked off the arena area, it had been a while since he had been here, it was larger than he remembered. Out front was a desk and further across from that were a few target dummies, he stopped a few feet from it. Behind him was a standard training ground with dummies and targets and equipment set up, a couple of genin or academy students were over there practicing with their kunai and such. They were all off the main platform, but two other academy students or genin were sparring, each of them using kunai and a combination of taijutsu. Maigo simply walked to the back of the room and sat down at the desk, letting his feet rest on the seat and his butt on the table.

He calmly watched as they went on, it would be a minute but he would watch their match, the intensity and pace of it. He had now gotten to the point where their matches wouldn't be hard to follow, and they declined to use any real jutsu from what he could tell, so following wasn't a problem. An interesting problem did arise from nearby him though, two academy students (from the form of their technique, he hoped they weren't genin) playing around with their shuriken and trying to hit each others dummies, he noticed it from the corner of his eye. He stood at the ready, having the table only a few feet away from the dummies, he took tabs, the two boys readied their arms and threw their weapons.

The first shuriken flew straight ahead, but the second curved severely, hitting the first and knocking it severely off course, the blade now headed towards Maigo. At the sound of the clank though, he activated his sharingan, watching it fly towards him in the air, the boy laughed at the excitement as it hit the other shuriken. Maigo turned his head slightly taking it out of the trajectory of the blade, then with his right hand he brought it up and grabbed the shuriken out of the air. He turned his head towards the shuriken in his hand and smiled to the two, they were a little stunned at the idea of him catching it out of the air, his eyes faded away back to their normal honey yellow color. He tossed the shuriken to the floor of the dummies while he spoke, "Careful where you throw those, you're liable to kill someone. You're just lucky you had one of the strongest ninja in the entire village here." he smiled widely while he stroked his own ego. "If I had been some ordinary ninja and not the great jounin that I am then who knows what you could have done!" he held his smile.

The kids walked towards him, they were probably somewhere between eight and ten years old, the first boy spoke up, "Wait, you're a jounin? Doesn't that mean you're as strong as Lady Ayakashi??" he was erratic about it while he looked over Maigo.

Maigo rubbed the back of his head and laughed, "Well... I wouldn't want to--" he was interrupted by the kids. "So what's your name?" the second boy blurted out.

"Oh, I'm Maigo. Maigo Mugetsu!" he said proudly... with a broad smile on his face. The boys turned to each other as he was grand standing, then laughed, "Wait, the Maigo that lost in the Chuunin Exams last year? How did you become a jounin?" the first kid spoke while they both laughed.

"Hey! That was a long time ago! I caught your kunai didn't I you little brat!" he yelled towards them as they began to walk off while laughing. "Don't worry, we won't bother you anymore, you'll need all the practice you can get!" with more bursts of laughter as they left the area.

Maigo held his head in shame, a bit of melancholy overtook him as he rubbed his head with his forearm, "Damn kids..." he moaned to himself as he waited for the other kids to finish their spar.

[840 words]

[240/250 Chakra Left]
[-10 chakra for two tomoe sharingan activation, currently inactive]

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
"C'mon guys, keep your form up!" the girl said, weaving throw a barrage of punches, choosing to just dodge all of them. She didn't retaliate, not yet, as the group of 5 she was training attacked her. Nozomi was without a doubt one of the better Taijutsu tutors around the area, and at this point, she'd gained the respect of a lot of them. They used to be skepticle about her, as she was just a young girl, but when she showed her fighting prowess, there was little more they could say other than that they wanted to be able to fight just as well. And so she was quite a full time sight down at the training grounds, always with one group or another, teaching them the fundamentals of great taijutsu. A strike came close to her right leg, and she shifted her weight back, the Genin over extending, and she decided to reprimand him. The same leg that had shifted backwards to avoid the strike lashed forward, catching him in the gut and launching him up and back. "Don't sacrifice your defense for one strike! A good fighter maintains their balance at all costs, only sacrificing it when they can protect themselves from a counter."

The young Genin stood back up, wearily dusting himself off, embarrassed at having that happen to him. He was supposed to be one of the better ones of them! He was going to be the first to hit Nozomi, but his eagerness to outshine everyone else had led to that catastrophe. He watched as his colleagues continued to try to attack Nozomi, and watched her movements, before he noticed something. She was just toying with them all! The punches and kicks would come somewhat close, and it would appear like they were going to hit, but then Nozomi's speed ramped up and she was out of the strike range in an instant! He'd actually thought he was close to landing a hit on her?

Nozomi danced around the blows, and then decided to stand her ground. "The key to a good offense is solid stance. The key to a good defense is also solid stance. From a firmly rooted position, you can take any attacks, block them, and return a counter attack. And whenever best or possible, dodge the attacks, don't tank them even if you can. It helps improve your reactions, and you take overall less damage." she said, now a flurry of movement in one spot, as she dodged around the strikes of the four surrounding her. Her eyes scanned around, keeping sure that every one of them entered her sight every second. "Every time I dodge your attacks, I'm resetting my stance, but I keep it anyhow. From each new position, I have a full range of attacks I could launch at you." she said, and her palm shot out, blasting another of them backwards, even as she had widened her stance while snaking down low to the ground.

With that, almost all of them retreated, having not even seen Nozomi move to attack. At first they'd thought that 5 on 1 was totally fair, and that surely they could take her, but they couldn't even see her actually moving, let alone land a single blow on her. Apparently though, they'd had enough, as they bowed to Nozomi and dispersed. The young girl laughed and waved them off. "Just remember the fundamentals. They are always important." she said, as she went to her bag and sorted through her things. She pretty much always carried all of her things to the training grounds, considering she liked to train in all sorts of things. She'd loan out her items a lot too, because plenty of people forgot their supplies at home, and she didn't want them to be without. One of her kunai fell out of the bag, and Nozomi reached over her bag to pick it up, looking up as she did so. To her surprise, she spied Maigo off in the distance, remembering him from the little training session over at Sero's place.

Picking up a rock off the ground, Nozomi grinned to herself. Messing with him could be fun. Judging the distance carefully, and feeling the weight of the rock, Nozomi launched the thing at Maigo's stomach, just to see if he was paying any attention. He hadn't actually been that bad of a fighter, and though he wasn't as skilled as she was when Sero was training them, it was only because he'd had a little bit less training. But when it came down to it, he'd probably end up surpassing her pretty quickly. Of course, she'd ramped up her own training regimen lately, and was set on keeping up with Sero and Mitsu, so she couldn't really let Maigo just pass her by, could she? That would mean she wasn't training enough. Then again, maybe if she trained with him, it would be easier for her, because she'd get the same thing out of it as he would. Then he wouldn't pass her.

WC: 851

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Dammit he thought, This is why I train... how I am gonna keep my reputation up as one of the best if this is the kind of mantra I have? his said lazily looking down with a glum look on his face. He had to snap out of it, even if the fight on the platform was finishing up, he knew he had to start getting into the right mindset. That's it! he thought, If those two are so great then I'll challenge them to a spar! Two on one, and I won't use any jutsu either! he snickered to himself in his seat. The plan was foolproof, now he had to go challenge those two little brats and taunt them into the biggest mistake they've ever made. Underestimating Maigo!

He stood up and leaned back, stretching his arms behind his head with a yawn, standing on the seat of the table now. His stretch and preparation was cut off suddenly, a striking blow from no where, no it definitely came from somewhere. The feeling as his chest sunk into his stomach came with gusto, a small stone dropped to the ground and Maigo dropped his hands to his knees. He felt immediately like he was going to throw up, was he starting to sweat too? A slight lean forward, he fell off the table flat to the ground, a heavy thud as his body lay there. He was curled up in a fetal position trying his best to ignore the pain.

A slight moan as he felt the contents of his stomach churn, Who? Why? he thought to himself. Was it those two brats from earlier trying to get me back? He curled up and let his own arms hold himself together, he rolled to face towards the wall, if he wasn't making a scene yet, there was no doubt that he would be now. No, he was definitely starting to sweat as well, and... were his eyes also watering up? No, he was way too manly for that, but whoever wanted to hit him would certainly get there piece out of it, with gusto.

He knew he had to stop, he'd taken far worse before, he was just caught completely off guard right? Right! He let his body extend out, he could feel his stomach drop again, but fight through it. One leg at a time, he rolled himself into a push up position, relaxing on his knees though, his arms holding his body up as he breathed calmly. Come on... he pushed himself, You'll be fine, just breathe and give it a second... besides, you've got to find out who's responsible and why the hell they did this!

[460 words, 1300 words total]

[240/250 Chakra]

4The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi's throw remained true and accurate. Well, for where she had aimed at least. It didn't account for the fact that Maigo was going to stand up, because, well she didn't think he was going to. But in the end, he did, and the rock hit him spot on, dropping the boy in an instant. Nozomi's face turned red as she tried not to burst out in laughter, but a couple of snickers escaped from her mouth. It was kind of funny to her. That sort of thing wouldn't have done nearly anything to her but maybe sting a tiny bit.

After a while of trying to stop herself, Nozomi gave in to the temptation. She burst out in laughter, the sound of which was pure and innocent. It was the laugh of someone that would make anyone doubt that she had it in her to even harm anyone, let alone be a killer. Nozomi was a deadly fighter, but at the same time, she was a girl of mercy, fun, and morality. And yet she was able to contend with such dangerous people as Sero. Perhaps Maigo would hear her laughter, and might recognize her from the Island, but Nozomi didn't really give him much time to figure out who it was who did so as he recovered.

"Sorry! I wasn't expecting you to stand up Maigo!" she called out from where she was across the field, a post-laughing smile still cracked on her face. "It wouldn't have hurt if you hadn't done that, so you can only blame yourself for that. Although you can spar with me if you want some pay back, I wouldn't mind fighting you as compensation." she half joked. As she said that, some of the shinobi around, especially those that she had trained, all started to pay attention even more, calling out encouragement for the fight, as they wanted to see Nozomi go all out. She had trained a lot of them of course, and she'd never been forced to go all out while training them. Nozomi chose to ignore some of the less... kind encouragement, which came in the form of insults to Maigo's prowess. As well as his.... prowess. Children could be cruel sometimes.

She wouldn't mind a spar. Maigo may not be at her level, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be able to provide a fun spar, and they'd both get something out of it, as they were close enough in calibur that she couldn't completely stomp him. And besides, she didn't know what sort of tricks he had up his sleeve. She herself had a few, ones that she was keeping in standby so it would be more of a surprise in a battle that really meant anything. It wasn't anything she would use in a spar though, she her Flowmotion technique was only for extreme circumstances. She didn't like people knowing her secrets to be fair, and she'd rather save them for moments she knew that nobody would say anything, and the person she was fighting would be dead, so it wouldn't get out. Once someone knows of special techniques, then counters could be developed for them, planning and preparation, and then you'd lose.

WC: 539
TWC: 1390

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Wasn't expecting me to stand up... Maigo thought as he began to pick himself up off the floor. I don't know how this is my fault in the slightest... The rest of the room fell silent as he stood up and set his hands to his sides, leaning back and breathing deeply. He recognized the voice that called out to him almost immediately. The taunts and whatever else were no longer his concern, all he could think about was Nozomi's offer to spar. It had been a while since their last encounter with Sero, a nice chance to get a lot of practice with new weapons and such, but since that time he had never really done much with it. But since then, he was begging to get some more practice, perhaps Nozomi could help him out.

He turned his attention towards Nozomi and slowly walked his way towards her, if she hadn't fully closed the gap herself. "A spar would be great! Besides, I'm not letting you off that easily." he would turn his attention towards the ring. He couldn't really go all out against her, could he? But she was stronger than him, faster too, and with a bit more experience. Besides, he had only recently become a jounin, a special jounin at that, while she had been had been one for a while now, at least since he had met her.

Depending on if she would truly go through with a spar or not, Maigo would make his way towards the center of the arena, a thought popping into his head. "Hey Nozomi, I have a bit of a favor to ask you." he would pause once he had her attention. "I have a bit of a new technique I'd like to try out with you. An easy way to learn techniques and such, and I was wondering if you could use some ninjutsu while we're here. The technique I use will let me copy and comprehend your jutsu and the ninjutsu behind it, itself, since I need to learn how to use it beyond the things we all learned back in the academy." he said a bit embarrassed rubbing the back of his head. She could easily deny his request, since it would be a bit of an advantage for Maigo if he knew what was coming and all.

But then again, he and Nozomi weren't enemies or anything, and this wasn't a real battle so there was no real reason to hide anything, which is why he told her directly that he could copy anything that she did. But then again, it could give her an idea that she shouldn't use her unique jutsu around him, because of his own ability. He chimed in, hopefully before she could respond, "I mean, if that's alright with you? I would never copy your jutsu or anything without your permission..." he added on. It might be of little consolation at this point, but he figured that it might ease some of the mystery behind it, at least to some degree.

[524 words, 1824 words total]
[240/250 Chakra]

6The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi steadily walked towards Maigo, who definitely immediately recognized her, and watched as he stood up with some moderate difficulty, the pain obviously having receded a bit. He met her in the middle crossing the remaining distance until they were face to face. A smile cracked across her face as he agreed to the terms of the spar, saying that he wasn't going to let her off that easy any how. Nozomi's smile could only be described as having gotten wider. Most of the onlookers, who were mostly academy students and genin had fallen silent to watch the proceedings from here. A few Chuunin and higher were watching as well, but not nearly as many.

She jumped up and down in excitement, barely containing a squeal of joy that he had accepted to spar with her. That startled some of the students she usually trained, who hadn't really seen Nozomi all that excited before, as she was usually only kind and aloof when she was teaching. This was a new emotion to them, one that was certainly unexpected. But it was the same one that Nozomi had used in front of Sero and Maigo when Sero told them he was going to help them learn some weapon styles. The two of them headed towards the center of the arena, and by now they had a large crowd following to watch. Most of which were eagerly talking about how Nozomi was going to 'thrash this guy'.

He had, after all, lost in the Chuunin exams rather quickly. His first round match against Shinako, he'd come out the victor and went on to the next round, but promptly lost out to Elin. Elin may have won the Chuunin Exams, but even compared to the other fights of the previous year, wasn't all that special. Nozomi, by contrast, had made it to the semi finals and lost because she didn't put much effort into fighting Kaekio. She'd passed her 1st trials easily, and made it to the elimination rounds, because there were too many contestants who had made it through. She had accidentally killed Yokochima Senju in their match, and progressed forward untouched. Then her next match had been against Suteki Yaku, a sand user of considerable talent. Nozomi had taken her apart with relative ease sustaining only one wound the entire match, although the effects had been heightened by a genjutsu she'd been trapped in. And then there was the fight against Kaekio. She'd been the only one to damage the winner of the Chuunin Exams, and they'd both gotten to the point where it could have gone either way. It was hardly a fight though, and not many people considered it a proper test of either of their skills. Indeed, Nozomi'd had plenty of time to showcase her skills over Maigo. But to that regard, Maigo was largely an unknown. His skills, talents, and abilities could only be a mystery for the most part.

As she was processing that, Maigo asked for a favor. Nozomi nodded as a go ahead to ask of her, and was a bit surprised at his request. He wanted to know if she could utilize more ninjutsu because he had a technique that would let him copy her own techniques, and wanted to learn some ninjutsu better or something. Rather surprised that he'd even give out that tidbit of information, Nozomi nodded, a small thought of comprehension coming into her head. "Oh yeah, of course. I mean, it's not like I can stop you from doing so anyhow. I wouldn't know if you were doing it, if you were using that Sharingan thingy of yours that Sero was talking about. The Copy Wheel dojutsu. I mean, you'll need it if you are going to keep up with me for long anyhow, and I have no clue how it even works. For all I know, having it active does what you want as it is." she said shrugging. "It just means I gotta be careful with my clan techniques. You may have to learn some of my elements if I use my Suiton techniques, but it shouldn't be hard to pick up how to use Suiton, and I think you use Raiton? You seem like you would. Yeah, go ahead and learn my stuff."

Nozomi's thought process was pretty sound, at least to her. And hey, she hadn't planned on using her unique abilities in the first place. After all, they were for her to keep a secret, and a crowd of people watching their match was hardly a secretive
environment anyhow. "Only stipulation is you can't actively copy my petal techniques. It's a clan secret that we spent a long time developing after spending years studying the Hyuuga clan's Gentle Fist. If you're going to copy them, I'd appreciate you just making your own different variations of them rather than just full on copying." she said. It was up to him if he would choose to accept that or not, but she'd put her own thoughts out there.

WC: 845
TWC:2235

7The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:59 am

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
The pair stood at the middle as Maigo made his explanation, she nodded at his request, to which he cracked a smile in return. It was perfect, now he would get practice in both a spar and to advance his skills. But he himself listened in return, seeming that Nozomi had picked up a bit about his eyes, but the version he had before when they fought with Sero was different than his current tomoe. But despite her comment, there was a bit of a jab, talking about needing it to keep up with her, a bit ridiculous but he chuckled along with it. She was certainly vocally confident, even if she was stronger, it seemed that her eccentricism carried over into every aspect of herself. She continued on with her bit, giving him a stipulation, not to fully copy her petal techniques, but that was fine! What was he gonna do with some girly flower abilities anyways? He smiled and nodded back, closing his eyes for a brief second as he was looking to her and letting the new sharingan explode to life.

He grabbed the hilt of his sword and drew it from his waist, holding it in a reverse grip as he always did. "Well, I'll go ahead and let you in on the secret, my eyes are a bit different from when we last fought with Sero. But since then, I've been able to see the chakra of people, as well as to see attacks before they come at me. It's not refined in the slightest, but it is a huge advantage." he would pause and enter into a readied stance, letting his sword flip around to point towards Nozomi. "The way the textbooks and scrolls put it, this Dojutsu can see and comprehend any genjutsu, ninjutsu, and taijutsu and reflect the attack back on the attacker. However, there's more to it than just that.... a lot more." he added emphasis on it, letting his eyes wander from the ground towards Nozomi.

Giving her a moment to get ready Maigo would keep his eyes on her, "Whenever you're ready too..." he would say and nod towards her, keeping his eyes trained. Once he got a response, or to see Nozomi make an action of her own, he would hesitantly dash forward with his sword drawn. Once he would close the distance he would start with a simple slash across her body, dashing just past her for a bit of a dramatic affect. Then turning back to her, his head first and eyes trained on her actions, he would have to be careful to minimize the disparity between their skills. But, this was just a spar, and every spar needed a warm up, so as long as he tread carefully, then he should be alright here.

[474 words, 2298 words total]
[230/250 Chakra]
[Two tomoe Sharingan active]

Jutsu Used:

8The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Maigo's first mistake was telling Nozomi what his eyes could do. She grinned as he spoke, explaining a little bit more into how his eyes were different from the last time, soaking in all the information he wanted to give her. He was trying to prove he was able to contend with her more now, but in doing so, gave her the information she needed to negate any advantages he may have had. After all, revealing information about your techniques was the key to having counter strategies designed for them. She made a mental note to design some techniques later on for on the spot body motion changes. It wouldn't be that hard to adapt a technique from her Petal Propulsion technique, as that was just full acceleration of the entire body. She'd make more localized blasts of acceleration in future techniques in order to change the motion and acceleration of individual limbs on a dime, so that there would be no time for someone to predict her movements. Even being able to see chakra flow wouldn't help, as she was a taijutsu user, so chakra would normally be pooled into her limbs as it was. Of course, she wasn't going to develop any such techniques at the moment, as that would be difficult to do. He further affirmed her earlier suspicions that his Sharingan was what would allow him to copy and mirror the techniques she displayed, and she nodded. Apparently they'd both read the same textbooks. She'd done a small bit of research on it after leaving Sero's place, but there wasn't a lot of information available to the public about the eye's abilities. People loved their secrets.

Anyhow, that moved them along to the next portion of the discussion. Or rather, it ended their discussion, and Nozomi needed no further recourse for words. She let herself get lost in the moment of combat. Since she was only going to be fighting Maigo in this spar, all the background noise disappeared, the people surrounding and watching disappeared. The only two people that she focused on were herself and Maigo. She was eager to see his improvements from when she'd last met him. Of course, she herself had improved a little bit as well, developed new skills, and got marginally stronger, faster, and better. Perhaps his eyes would be enough to bridge the gap between them, but Kaekio had always been able to discern people's movements before they were completed just the same, so Nozomi was used to people being able to predict movements. Even to a lesser degree she could too, but that was purely by observation. The body moved in only so many ways. Watching the movement if you had time was good enough to predict where something would go. And Maigo was using a sword, so he only had so many options as far as strikes went. As he drew his katana, Nozomi drew the twin tanto's strapped to her lower back. They were of better quality than Maigo's Katana, but they weren't strong enough that they'd slice through his weapon or break it like the one over her shoulder.

And with that, Maigo charged forward, bridging the gap between the two of them with little effort. Even still, Nozomi could see that he was just getting warmed up, and so the etiquette of the spar was set. If he was going to start out slow and build up to his best, then Nozomi would do the same, matching his movements and power with an equal amount. She let the others decide how to proceed, because some people liked to go into spars all out, nothing held back, whereas others enjoyed the thrill of the build up. Nozomi was a mixture of both, but when it came to Maigo, she wanted to see his skills, so she'd let him demonstrate them at his own pace. If she didn't need to use any jutsu during the fight, then she'd just show him some of her jutsu after and let him copy then. That wasn't the main focus right now. Her twin blades came up to intercept his own, crossed over each other so that as Maigo passed by Nozomi, his sword only made contact with the X of her blades, harmlessly sliding passed her. As her passed by her, Nozomi already had begun rotating her body to build up the momentum needed to launch a kick at his left shoulder, keeping his blade away from her leg using the guard that her own two blades had made, keeping the three blades in a constant contact. By mitigating what he could do with his bukijutsu, Nozomi had the upper hand, as she was a foremost a Taijutsu specialist. It was a simple enough maneuver, but it was one that had worked against many skilled opponents before, taking away their primary means of offense while opening up her own options.

WC: 821
TWC: 3056

Born Ill: 1/8

Bonuses to Stats:
+2 Tiers to Speed (Taijutsu bonus)
+1 Tier to Reaction Time (Reflexes)
-1 Tier to Strength (Himitsu Drawback)

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Nozomi deferred to her tantos, a weapon he had seen before in another opponent before. Back when he was in Kumogakure no Sato for the chuunin exams, he sparred with another fellow who was older than him, also wielding a set of the blades, but his name. Ramza perhaps? Or something along those lines, but regardless it wasn't in the chuunin exams, it was merely a spar in his free time when he was training between the rounds. Unfortunately for him, he had never seen Nozomi wield the weapons, but unfortunately for her, he had some experience with them before. And there was almost no way he would be caught off guard by them so easily.

His pass by her was met with a block of her own, holding the swords in the shape of an X. Maigo smiled a bit as he passed just by and stopped his momentum, his eyes would begin to glance back towards Nozomi. Part of him was glad she hadn't decided to go all out, an easy win would have to just taken him out in his dash, since a charging opponent doesn't have much control outside their planned trajectory and momentum. She kept in contact with his sword, doing her best to mitigate his use of it, at the same time launching a kick towards his left shoulder. It was good, a bit more taijutsu than perhaps Maigo was capable of handling, but this was basic, and he could keep up with this much, right?

There was certainly no doubt that she was quicker than him, and stronger, any force he could put in the blade was met in full by her own block. And now the kick coming at his shoulder as he was barely getting hold of the situation, there was no way he would keep this up long and if it weren't for the sharingan, there was no way he'd last longer than a few moments in this fight. But perhaps for all Nozomi was good for, Maigo would be better at improvising on the spot, using his own creativity to win him the day, and that was where he could mitigate the difference of their skill, he hoped at least. There were many times that this creativity would not work out and get him into a lot of trouble, times where he would jeopardize himself in a move of grandeur and finesse to only get swatted away by his opponent like he was nothing.

Her kick was fast though, she certainly held that superlative advantage, forcing Maigo no time to think and only time to act. He leaned back as far as he could, doing his best to bring his sword around with him, doing his best to escape the range of her kick, even to the point where he would fall backwards and onto the ground if he had to. And most likely would out of pure clumsiness. Then from the ground he would use his momentum to bring his legs up to her, offering a kick in return to her leg if he should find the time to catch her in the midst of her own attack. But regardless of what he was able to do, assuming he would be able to escape her own attack he would use both the forces of his fall and his kick to throw himself backwards and roll of his shoulders and back into a standing position.

If his own counter kick was successful, he would do nothing more than perhaps throw her off balance for a moment, giving himself a chance to recover with a little bit of his breathe. Otherwise his return to his feet would be met with him quickly bringing his sword up across his body to defend against any potential attacks, bringing it up diagonally from his hand to his shoulder and preparing for anymore oncoming attacks.

[656 words, 2954 words total]

[220/250 Chakra]
[Two tomoe sharingan still active]

OOC:

10The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
The two Special Jounin's blades clashed, the sound of metal on metal resonating throughout the arena, prolonged as his blade dragged through the space she'd forced it into. Her kick soared through the space separating the two of them, and was met... with nothing. Maigo had all but thrown himself to the ground to avoid her kick, something that might have had a more sure chance of connecting when they'd last met. His sword came free with him, as Nozomi's kick combined with his falling back provided enough distance that their blades separated from each other, and he lashed out with a kick towards Nozomi's already retreating leg. Rather than outspeed him on the kick though, Nozomi simply altered the angle of her leg, so that his kick connected with the flats of her shoes, and used his own force as well as hers to springboard herself away from Maigo. She didn't mind getting some distance from him, as it would allow him to regain his own footing. She wanted a good spar, not to end it quickly.

If Maigo attempted to hit her with something while she was in the air, she had a bit of a surprise for him. The biggest issue with going into the air in combat was that it was impossible to alter your own course drastically, so for a few short seconds, you were a sitting duck. But knowing that, Nozomi had designed a way out of that. As she would be in the air, she did a bit of a flip, so that her feet were pointed upwards, and she utilizing her Petal Platform in order to give her a quick point of purchase. She would quickly spring board down to the ground, slightly angled so that she'd be able to roll and recover away from Maigo's current point of destination. The platform of petals would disintegrate into individual petals falling slowly to the ground as soon as her feet left them. By the time Maigo would get up to his feet, Nozomi would already be standing and her stance would be reset. Of course, she wouldn't bother utilizing that technique if Maigo didn't send anything her way that she couldn't handle. Jutsu were the main thing she deemed dangerous enough to avoid being hit by. She could combat projectiles well enough.

Nozomi wasn't unimpressed by the way that Maigo reacted. He was certainly quicker now than he had been in his reactions. At least compared to when they were training with Sero. Truth be told, he probably was still nowhere near a match for the superior Osada fighter, and Nozomi didn't trust her odds against him much if jutsu were involved. The boil release was something that was difficult to fight against, and she hadn't yet figured out a decent counter to it, beyond coating her body with a chakra film that would allow her to stand against the acid for a little bit as it ate away at it. But she wasn't fighting Sero, she was fighting a slightly improved Maigo. But even though he was quicker at reacting, it was within Nozomi's realm of abilities. In fact, judging by how he dodged her kick, how he couldn't push through her tanto guard, and how his responses generally were, she'd say that it wouldn't be too hard for her to overpower him in a pure physical match. The real question of who would be better would be answered when Jutsu were brought into the mix.

Assuming Maigo didn't charge at her or attack, Nozomi would respond with a grin and activate chakra strings on both of her tantos, hurling them at Maigo's left leg and the center of his chest. Chakra strings were often underestimated and underused by anyone who wasn't a puppet master, but Nozomi knew how effective they could be. She didn't have any of her projectiles on her at the moment, they were next to her bag, so her blades were the next best thing. Even so, she would only take the risk because she was accomplished at Taijutsu and could do without weapons, as well as the fact that she had another tanto strapped behind her shoulder. If Maigo did attack however, Nozomi would keep her blades with her, not bothering to activate the strings, and await his attack to figure out how best to counter.

WC: 729
TWC: 3785

Born Ill: 2/8

Potential Chakra used:
-5 Petal Platform
-5 Chakra Strings
230/240

Jutsu:

11The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo fell back avoiding the kick and continued to roll through his momentum to offer a counter-kick to Nozomi. Smart on her part though, she read through it and connected her foot to Maigo's, using it to jump back and away from him. It was taunting him at best, that his counters were of little consequence, like teasing the fact that she had time to react and use his own motions against him so easily. He would grit his teeth a bit as he used his arms and other leg to continue kicking himself back up and replace the lost momentum from Nozomi's own jump. Returning to a guarded stance of his own as Nozomi floated back to the ground, he wasn't going to press any potential advantage until she was ready but he had to think quickly through his list of options.

He could either press into some genjutusu right here as she fell back down to the ground or he could go with a different approach and keep her on her toes. Watching closely with his eyes and flooding chakra into his sword as she floated back down, he would do his best to time his attack with her landing. Small flickers of lightning and electricity would spring from the blade as he would thrust it forward just before she fell back to the ground, waiting just long enough that she hopefully wouldn't be able to do much in the way of maneuvering out of it. The thrust would launch forward a quick bolt of lightning from the tip of his sword, aimed right for where Nozomi was intended to land.

With the bolt launched he would then shift his tactics, slightly tossing the blade in the air as he weaved together a few signs as quickly as he could while the sword would float in the air briefly and then begin to fall back towards the earth. His bolt doing nothing more than buying him a quick moment to weave the signs while she would block or deflect or just generally dodge the high speed bit of raiton chakra. Rat-> Snake-> Bird-> Monkey.

His next jutsu was a bit of his own trump card up to this point in his history of fighting and combat. A rather simple technique that would let Maigo replace his own presence on the battlefield with an illusion, letting him manipulate it and keep his opponent busy, normally to find an opening of his own. But for now, he would let the illusion of himself take over until she would over power it and discover the truth behind it all.

Assuming he could find the time to weave the signs and activate his genjutsu, he would have the clone charge in after the signs were weaved, hoping to capitalize on her potential displacement by the bolt. Ignoring the potential consequences of charging in now that jutsu were truly on the table, all the while, Maigo would jump back as far as he could and out of the way of any potential attacks that might hit the clone and move on beyond that. A crude attempt to bide time and let Nozomi continue fighting while he wouldn't have to truly wear himself out, at least beyond what he would already have done. He was certainly trying to use a lot of chakra and very quickly here, maybe unnecessarily so.

[572 words, 3526 words total]
[Two tomoe sharingan still active (-10 Chakra per post)]

[180/250 Chakra (potentially)]

Jutsu attempted:

12The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Luckily for Nozomi, she wasn't forced to utilize any of her jutsu, which meant she had more for later. Maigo was on the ropes here when it came to physical ability, but it only made sense. Nozomi was a largely physical fighter, who trained and honed her physical abilities to keep them at their peak as much as possible. She all but floated down to the ground, unaccosted by any attacks, and just as Maigo had gotten back up to his own feet.

She didn't have much time to react to him though, as he'd already started launching a counter attack. Almost as if by an automatic response, Nozomi's body leapt to the side, activating her petal platform to allow her to move in the air via a sort of double jump. Since she wasn't using it for a vertical jump, but instead a horizontal one, Nozomi's descent to the ground completed when it should have, only she was forced to come to a sliding halt instead. The bolt of lightning had zipped past her, narrowly missing her. Something in the back of her mind registered that someone who had been watching the fight had actually gotten hit by the bolt, but then she forgot about it, as it wasn't really important. Petals floated down a few feet next to her from where she'd launched herself, and Nozomi sheathed her blades as Maigo finished weaving his own handsigns.

Nothing appeared to really happen as Maigo finished his hand signs, but Nozomi was on edge, waiting for the trick. Quickly flipping through her own handsigns, Nozomi chained through them lightning fast, 3 spears of lightning appearing next to her, one on her right, one on her left, and the final floating above her. Firing the 3 spears in a staggered formation, Nozomi was sure that at least one of them would hit Maigo, an should she be proven correct, a surprise was in store for her as the clone would vanish and reappear within moments, displaced by a few meters. There wasn't much in the way of tricking the girl, however, as Maigo's own movement gave up his trick, as his jumping back revealed the genjutsu for what it was. Upon his landing, Nozomi could see the effects on the environment, a small kick up of dust. There was little hesitation in her response. Ignoring the illusionary clone, Nozomi launched a quick trap his way, the Lighting Releases Four Pillar Bind.

Channeling her lighting chakra into the ground, it travelled to the spot Nozomi had seen Maigo's movements last, and four rocky pillars jutted out of the ground there, arcs of lightning travelling between them so as to keep him confined inside it. Sure, Nozomi could have used Kai to get out of the genjutsu, but if she trapped Maigo, there wouldn't be much reason to. Besides, this was more fun for her, as it meant she had to keep on her toes, and outwit the boy. He wasn't going to be as quick a match as she'd thought. A grin peeled across her face as she started to enjoy the fight. At the very least he'd made it longer than a lot of people tended to. Usually a quick blitz from her at the start would end the match, but he'd managed to avoid her first counter attack.

Truth be told, Nozomi was using more jutsu than she usually would, but Maigo had requested this of her, so she'd oblige with some of her lightning techniques. She didn't have very many techniques, but she'd utilize what she could in order to keep him satisfied and to up his own repertoire. Well, perhaps she'd go through chakra just as quick, but she hadn't used these jutsu in a while, to be fair.

If she'd caught him as she hoped, which Nozomi would use the ground to determine his movement and position, Nozomi would launch a Wave of Inspiration at Maigo's location, using the force of the knockback to hit him into the lightning arc'ing between the rocks. If not, she'd keep her eyes out for any further movement to initiate another attack. Either way, at this point, her attention was also on dodging the clone which may or may not be attacking her at this point. She was less focused on it though. She knew she could potentially break free of it at any point, but using chakra to Kai out of it would be a waste of perfectly good attacks.

WC: 750
TWC: 4535

Born Ill: 3/8

-5 Petal Platform
-15 Lighting Javelin
-20 Four Pillar Bind
Potential -10 Wave of Inspiration
Chakra: (190)200/240
Jutsu used:
Spoiler:

13The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Nozomi expertly dodged the first bolt, using a sort of mid air platform to spring herself away from the attack, the bolt flying by and hitting an onlooker that was behind Nozomi, only a few inches away from hitting the arena wall instead. He ignored it though, not out of spite or anything such as that, but more so that the attack was weak, and whoever was standing near enough their fight to get hit needed to learn the lesson anyway. His sharingan watched as Nozomi formed three spears together, he took careful notice of it all, copying through each subtle nuance of her technique and watching it in action. He had been watching carefully for the subtleties of her platform jutsu to get the basics of ninjutsu down, the externalization of chakra and the creation of form. But here, she was taking it up an entirely different level incorporating the nature change to lightning as well, a nature that he himself proved off.

Leading his clone away from himself, he watched the spears burn to life, sizzling through the air as they impaled the clone, and in actuality moved past him as his fake presence faded from life, his attention on the bolts of lightning as they launched forward. His clone vanishing for a second and returning to the ground as if nothing had happened, whole like it was before it had been struck and his constitution back to normal. This time Nozomi sent a surge of lightning into the ground, but this time headed for his real body, Maigo quickly covered himself, preparing to jump over the surging chakra and lifting his legs to his chest in an attempt to avoid the potential surge. What surprised him though was instead of an attempt to shock him, that fourth pillars of earth shot out of the ground and surrounded him. In air he kicked at one but it didn't budge, lightning began to scatter out between the stone pillars and trap him in.

Dammit... he mused to himself as he stood back up and tightened the grip to his sword. He thought about what he could do, perhaps using another lightning jutsu to neutralize her own? But how much good would that do here, he may not be very smart but he knew that touching those electric ropes would be bad news all together. The energy buzzing around them was audible when he focused in on it. Truth be told though, another great jutsu he would enjoy, copying the nuances of this one as well, but also feeling the fatigue of it all, he was certainly feeling the drawback of it all, he was readily overusing his eyes here.

Nozomi would continue on though, as Maigo would be helpless to his entrapment, he would send the illusion of himself out, hoping to catch her off guard in some form, maybe even cause some damage to her within that illusion. But Nozomi would be quicker than his clone could be, his attention diverted to the pillars and his entrapment for so long, another jutsu would be launched at him. This time there wouldn't really be anywhere for him to go as he watched as lightning pooled in her hands and flew out at him. This time all he could do was brace himself, holding his sword out at the wave using his offhand in a flat palm to brace the opposite edge of his sword and his right hand holding the hilt. The wave itself was rough, shocking Maigo and his blade taking the brunt of it, burning his hands slightly and launching him backwards, he went so far as to continue watching it unfold.

The true horror, aside from being shocked by the wave, would be the new sensation of being thrown back through the ropes of his prison. He would grunt out and grit his teeth as the bolts would tear into his back and arms, pure pain as it burned him being tossed back. His grip on the sword would loosen and fall to the ground in front of him as he was viciously tossed from the prison and launched backwards. More fatigue from using a lot of chakra to copy the techniques, and now he'd been burned, feeling the tightness of burned clothing and skin. He sat there on his knees and his hands, now his breathing patterns visible and his breathe audible as he was nearly panting.

He thought in about how long he would truly keep this up, he had to have burned nearly half of his chakra already, and half of that just copying her techniques and learning the nuances of it all. Shaky hands brought himself to standing from behind the prison, his eyes rolling up and feeling the heaviness of his exhaustion as he went to find Nozomi's person. Between the blast and the electric rope, it should have been enough to break his illusion, assuming that he even had time to get to her in that quick moment, maybe being able to do nothing more than a jab. He would call out with bated and exhausted breath, "Not bad... (pant)... Not bad at all, but I've still got some chakra and fight left in me." he paused as he grabbed his sword from the ground, small sparks would leap off him briefly as he would begin to discharge the excess. Walking around the prison slowly so he could get her back in his direct line of sight, all in all it would be a bit theatrical but he would be savoring each step at which he could catch his breath, if even but a little.

"Besides, I haven't even gotten my revenge for earlier yet, and I won't let you just rub it in so easily..." he laughed to himself as he would continue his stride, walking horizontally from her and away from that dammed prison. He had no idea where to go with this fight next, with his body reeling, he knew it would be tough to really get much more out of himself and she already had a taste of his genjutsu. Maybe a more subtle approach then?

He gulped as he felt the tenseness of his muscles and skin, fighting through them he released his sword in the air briefly, giving it a bit of boost so it would float and formed a single sign, the Rat sign while targeting in on Nozomi. Then with a dash and his newest genjutsu in place, he would try the same maneuver from when they started, letting his skin break apart and burn at him with each step and the back swing of his blade. Aiming for another simple cut across her body as he let his genjutsu take affect and hopefully disorient her, not enough to cause any real damage, but a solid cut across her jacket would be a nice show of his better genjutsu.

[1164 words, 4690 words total]
[Two tomoe sharingan still active]

[OOC: Dear lord the chakra cost this post D:]

-10 Sharingan
-15 Lightning Javelin (copy)
-20 Four Pillar Bind (copy)
-10 Wave of Inspiration (copy)
-15 Reality Slash

[110/250 Chakra]

Jutsu Used:

14The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
In almost perfect timing, Nozomi's Four Pillar Bind came out of the ground, and there was no sign of disturbance on the ground anywhere. She'd sent out the Wave of Inspiration, and it was revealed that her trap had been set perfectly. In a way, it was a little relieving. Nozomi was practicing a collaboration technique that she hadn't utilized in actual combat before, so there had been every chance it could have failed. The test demonstrated it's capacity for success. Most people considered D rank jutsu to be useless after a certain point, but it was a boon for her to have some. She'd been debating using her Raiton Petal Flurry, as she rarely had an opportunity to use it, but in the end, she'd conserved a decent bit of her chakra, and he had more opportunity to copy some of her more generic jutsu.

Nozomi's mouth tilted into a smirk as her plan came to fruition. The genjutsu dissipated, the other Maigo that she'd seen revealing itself to be nothing more than a mirage, and Maigo came crashing down to the ground, his sword dropping from his hand as the electrical currents forced him to drop his weapon. Truth be told, Nozomi hated Genjutsu to a fault. She'd have felt a little worse about burning him like that if he hadn't used Genjutsu, but she despised it's usage. "I have strong eyes Maigo. Genjutsu works well against most, but I know what clues to look for. Maybe tie in some to keep yourself from affecting the environment. I saw your footprints kick up some dust." she said. It wasn't condescending, but it was matter of fact. To be fair, the majority of Maigo's opponents up until now probably would have fallen for the jutsu, but he wasn't used to fighting people who were near Jounin level in every physical aspect. It was a good one if you could get the drop on someone, but in an arena setting like this one, that genjutsu wouldn't be effective against her.

As he was launched out, there was no longer any reason for her to maintain the Four Pillars, so she had relinquished her maintenance on it, the arcs of lightning dying out as the charge was lost. The pillars remained, but no longer under the influence of chakra, would only be rocky outcroppings, easily destroyed. Maigo had made his way back to his feet by now, speaking out as he picked up his sword, the discharge from the contact releasing the last bit of his charge. Her smirk returned as he tried to play it tough, but she knew he was hurting. At least he could talk tough. "I'd be disappointed if that's all it took to drop you, but I've still got a large store of my own chakra, and I'm still full on stamina." she said, preferring to keep her mid fight banter short. It was true though. As things stood now, the most he could hope to do would be to score a solid hit on her, but Nozomi wasn't one to let people actually injure her. That was a rarity in and of itself.

Although, perhaps she was wrong. Maybe Maigo was hiding something up his sleeve, and hadn't yet pulled out his ace. If that was the case, she'd be prepared for it, but she couldn't be sure he actually had one. Maigo so far had really only showcased genjutsu and a minor lightning attack that she'd avoided. She'd been using much more jutsu than he had, but most of her showcases were of smaller level jutsu. She had a few more she needed to show him though, which would help him out as someone who utilized Raiton and fought with Bukijutsu. As Maigo redirected himself to face her and have a straight shot at her, Nozomi sheathed her blades and took up a Taijutsu stance as she built up the chakra inside of herself to calm down her own nerves about the plan she layed out. His eyes would definitely let him see the mass of chakra inside her, but considering her clan was a Nintaijutsu clan, he shouldn't think anything of it. It wasn't focused anywhere, instead just circulating around. She wasn't even sure he could see that much, to be honest. The Sharingan was a mystery to her.

So she waited. Her stance was flawless, it's usual Himitsu style for Taijutsu maneuvers. She had to wait for Maigo to close in for this to be fully effective. The Sharingan could predict movement by sensing the twinging of muscles, but Nozomi had an ace of her own to best his own minor prediction. She could move herself without moving a muscle. By the time he adjusted to where she was, he wouldn't have much time to reorient. Granted, she'd be cutting it close as well, but timing was everything on this. Maigo closed the gap between the two of them, and Nozomi's world slid apart. It was... disorienting, at the least, but she had already played out the scenario in her mind, and didn't need precise accuracy. As he swung at her with his weapon, Maigo would find that his blade connected with.... nothing but petals. Using the Petal Propulsion to achieve an instant acceleration to her top speed, Nozomi would launch herself to his now exposed side as his blade sailed through the space she had been at. Her vision still fractured, Nozomi was a little pissed, as Genjutsu got on her nerves.

Her hands soared through signs, and a brilliant burst of Raiton would jolt towards Maigo at almost point blank range. "Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder!" Unlike the previous one he was hit with, if this one connected, it wouldn't knock him back at all, but he would be forced to let go of his weapon, and the genjutsu effecting Nozomi would be dismissed as well. She wouldn't be done with just that though, because she hadn't originally even been planning on using that technique in the first place, but it was one of the best ways she knew to break genjutsu without inflicting injury to herself or using Genjutsu Kai. Assuming her attack was successful, and even perhaps if it wasn't, Nozomi's body would rapidly spin and slam into Maigo's at a speed of 30 meters per second, as she activated her Spiral Lotus Dash. Pumping in more chakra to activate another charge, Nozomi would follow through the knock back and attempt to slam into him once again, this time placing herself between him and his weapon. Petals filled the air around her, a grin of blood thirst on her face.

Despite all appearances, Nozomi lived to fight. She wasn't a cold blooded killer, but she relished in the thrill of the fight, to beat down an opponent. Her attacks were unorthodox because if she followed a set pattern, someone could learn her method of fighting. She mixed and matched different combinations all the time, and would use defense as offense as defense and back again. Everything was a chain. Battle was an intricate dance, and Nozomi had to prove she could best the best. "Have enough Maigo?" she asked the hopefully beaten down Special Jounin. Even if her attacks had failed to do anything, Nozomi definitely was showing she had much more to give.

WC: 1229
TWC: 5764

-15 Petal Propulsion
-20 Electromagnetic Murder
-20 Spiral Lotus Dash (1/4)
-5 Dash (2/4)

Born Ill: (4/8)
Chakra: 130/240
Jutsu used:
Spoiler:

Speed: A-1
Reaction Time: A-rank
Strength: B-2

15The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:09 am

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Great, she has great eyes, seeing genjutsu is one thing, maybe I should give her a true display of visual prowess here... he thought as he gathered himself and listened in. Pain surged through his body, making his temperament a bit short, not through any fault of Nozomi, he was outmatched here and had been pulling his punches to a degree, but that would change soon enough. Disappointed if he went down so easily? He could feel the burns of his skin, the smell of slightly burnt flesh was a bit ripe, but he had far more in his tank than this. These wounds were minor in comparison to his pride, there was no way he was giving up so easily.

Nozomi traded her blades for a hand to hand stance, Maigo was committed, he had no skill in Taijutsu either, but if she wanted to abandon equalizing his blade that was fine with him. He was reaching a point where he no longer wanted to pull his punches, even for Nozomi of all people. The adorable blonde who was so exciteable and didn't seem like she could hurt a fly. Maigo underestimated that, and he was paying for it, not to mention he had burned through so much chakra that his exhaustion was becoming visible, even with the shift in the air, this fight wasn't going to last much longer.

Maigo's dash closed the gap, her distortion was clear, he could see her eyes adjust to the image. Maybe he didn't see his own genjutsu, but the tell tale signs of genjutsu was the affect it had on the body, it was clear her vision was struggling and beginning to overcome the discrepency that would be present in her mind. At the point of impact, his swing was heavy handed, aiming to draw out the full potential of the blade, but where he expected resistance, he was met with nothing. Nozomi dashing to his side and leaving more petals in her wake, a quick taijutsu maneuver, and a quick one at that. Maigo's feet slide across the ground as he reset himself and his head turned to watch her at work, another lightning jutsu being prepared to his exposed side.

Dammit! he gritted his teeth in expectation, watching the violent chakra erupt forth from her hands and head to him, he copied this technique too, quickly building his arsenal. It's nuances clearly covered, but upon impact, the pain of it all, if he hadn't braced he might have been liable to bite his own tongue off. Immediately his grip on the sword dropped and it fell to his side, struggling in air as his muscles tightened and the skin to his side began to burn just like the skin to his back, searing his jacket at the point of impact along with it. Groaning out as his sharingan faded, the electric shock disrupting all of his chakra, and no doubt also breaking his other genjutsu.

His focus disrupted, he had played dumb again and got hit by another attack, this time costing his body far more damage and more burns. It was a short moment later that he found himself struck by another blow, Nozomi flying into him at great speed, his balance already compromised he began to fall over, almost unaware of what happened. But before he could register the ground against his shoulder, another strike came, like boulder rolling down a hill, the blow threw him into the ground and onto his freshly burned side. Wincing at the pain and grunting with each bit. More chakra was gone, his exhaustion was beyond reprimand, and his will power was slowly fading.

Where will faded though, pride emerged in waves, he had underestimated Nozomi the first time and then gave her the perfect chance to capitalize even further. His mind had begun to block out the notions that he can't, no shouldn't, go all out against her, there was no way that he would leave this without giving her something to remember him by. If she wanted visual prowess and a true test of genjutsu, he would give that to her. His mind determined as he stared at the floor and planned his next move, his next and possibly last action before he would collapse and succumb to his burns and exhaustion.

"Have enough Maigo?" the voice rang out and broke his train of thought. He exhaled sharply, almost in a sigh and chuckled a bit on the ground. His chuckle grew to a slight laugh as he used his hands to push his body up to a kneeling position and then slowly bringing his body to stand. He could feel it, the burnt flesh in his side and back, but there was no time, he had to push through that for the moment. "Enough?" he would ask, panting between breathes and a bit of a grimace as he stood and gathered himself. "You make it seem like these wounds are enough to put me down, maybe a genin... but I'm far past that."

His words would resonate out, now standing, he would look towards Nozomi and try to meet her own gaze with his. Closing his eyes for a second a re-activating his sharingan, it would be a little colder, the expression on his face more serious. The air around him shifted as he prepared himself, something more worthy of his lineage as an Uchiha, his eyes carrying the pride and rage of them, but he had control, for the time being. "Normally, I wouldn't go to such lengths against someone I consider a friend. But tell me..." he would say and his hands quickly forming the Rat seal. This particular jutsu was one he often started with against true opponents, a small notion at the true and disturbing affects that genjutsu could have on the mind. He didn't like using it on his comrades and friends, or even people he wasn't truly fighting because of the damage it could do and the small bit of torture that it was but he was past that. He was gonna show Nozomi how he truly handled himself in a battle.

"What do you fear Nozomi?" he would ask sa he pressed another genjutsu into the air, a surge of chakra reaching out to her. Once the chakra would hit Nozomi it would disrupt her chakra and begin to form an image of her worst nightmares come to life. It wasn't something that Maigo would be privy to, but often times the victim would call out and he could piece their fears together. But he knew it's affects fairly well, the different steps, her petals and other debris would make a great cover up to transition. It would still be obvious, but being shown your worst fear is enough to shake even those toughest souls.

He would cast through the jutsu, preparing his best to side step and jump from any incoming attacks if he could avoid them. He knew that she had a major hand to hand advantage and he would be relying on the fear of the image to delay her and break her concentration. Assuming that he would be able to his next move would be quick retrieval of his sword and attacking in the time that he generated for himself.

If the genjutsu landed he would lash his arm out towards the sword with a chakra string, just like he had used in the Chuunin Exams all that time ago, grabbing his sword and dragging it to his hand as he dashed towards Nozomi. He had one chance to attack and couldn't waste it, if he did waste it, he knew that she was going to punish him and beat him senseless like a rag against the ground.

Each step pulling and tearing on the flesh, the sword would make contact with his right hand, his left reaching around to grab it after, like everything would be moving in slow motion. Pushing his chakra to the blade it would begin to heat up, glow red, and even small bursts of flame would grow along its length. Once he was in striking distant, he would slide on his feet, planting his heels into the ground and then spinning rapidly with his blade in tow, aiming for a strike against Nozomi's center mass. If he were lucky enough to connect in his short amount of time that he bought, even if he wasn't lucky enough, he would continue his spin and gain speed, aiming to strike again. Then once more after that aiming to leave three cuts in total, the potent Katon chakra being his staple here. She wanted to see if he had enough, and this was his retort, his last bit of effort and energy being put into one of his staple strategies, perhaps it would be overkill?

But then again, Nozomi was the one who taunted the meister of vanity.

[1513 words, 6203 words total]
[Two tomoe still active]

-10 Sharingan
-20 Electromagnetic Murder (copy)
-10 Hell Viewing Technique
-5 Chakra strings
-25 Burning Slice (potential)

[40/250 Chakra]

Jutsu used:

16The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:40 am

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi came skidding to a halt, her vision returning to normal as her plan once more came into full fruition. She knew it was just a spar, but god there was such a sense of elation that rippled through her body when she full on tore people apart. It meant that she was much better at fighting than most people gave her credit for. And so far, Maigo was one of those people she could fully handle with little issues. Even despite his genjutsu use so far, which was by far Nozomi's largest weakness, as she had little defense against Genjutsu, she was coping with him rather well. Maigo's surprise was almost tangible when his blade connected with only petals, having relied too much on his eyes being able to track her movements. Most people relied far too much on their sight, and that wasn't something that much could be done about. She knew how to take advantage of openings, and having the ability to reposition herself without moving a muscle was one of the biggest boons she had, assuming it became a match of Taijutsu. The faster she got, the easier things would be too, as she'd be able to accelerate to an even quicker speed. Although it was nothing to laugh at now, for certain. Still, her speed was going to be one of the higher priorities to start increasing soon enough.

Her vision restored to normal as his genjutsu was cancelled out when the Electromagnetic Murder had connected to him, and Nozomi gave an inner sigh of relief. She was able to adjust to the broken world pretty easily, but it wasn't something she'd wanted to do. And it would certainly throw off her ability to fight him at peak efficiency. Not only that though, but her two dashes had fully connected, sending him flying backwards. So as she came skidding to a halt, the end of the second dash upon her, Nozomi took a moment to recollect her senses and whereabouts. Slamming into someone at that force had some backlash effects, so Nozomi was definitely feeling it, like she'd also ran into a brick wall twice, but that was only because she didn't have enough endurance at the moment, which was something she'd work on. The move was pretty effective for having been a rather contrived one, but she'd need to improve on it a little.

Her eyes had dimmed quite a bit, as her chakra reserves depleted themselves to about half their capacity, the usual gleam in them started to dull. One of the things she'd always had to deal with had been a giveaway of her chakra capacity during fights. If anyone was attentive enough, they'd realize her eyes were special in their own way. It wasn't any sort of Doujutsu, but they were a by-product of her illness, which had by now been identified as chakra related at least in part. The lower her chakra reserves, the harder it was to fight it off, which meant in prolonged fights where her chakra depeleted, Nozomi was especially vulnerable. When she wasn't put in a strenuous position, it was not an issue in the slightest for her to deal with, and indeed didn't bleed into her normal everyday life like it had when she was younger, and hadn't developed her chakra system so extensively.

Although, in the end, Nozomi's exhaustion was only through use of chakra, so she was still doing much better off than Maigo was, as he was injured, and much lower on chakra than Nozomi was, judging by the way he was panting. Chakra exhaustion was a simple thing to acquire, especially for an Uchiha, according to Nozomi's studies. All Doujutsu took up chakra at a quick pace, and when used in conjunction with jutsu, they could take their toll. And Nozomi was sure that copying jutsu took up it's own toll, she wasn't sure how that really worked. This match was going to be over fairly soon, that much was evident, just looking at the two of them. Nozomi had yet to take any injuries, and Maigo, well, he'd certainly received a fair amount of training from this spar at the very least. Perhaps when his body healed up, it would have improved from the experience. She did feel kind of bad about beating him down like this, considering they were friends, but there were medics to deal with that sort of thing. As long as she didn't kill him, then it didn't matter too much what she did in the match. Or remove his limbs, that was a no go for Maigo as well.

In response to her question, the young boy started to elicit a chuckle from his throat, one that suggested her question was absurd. He continued to chuckle, even as he started to push himself up off of the ground, a feat Nozomi saw as rather admirable. Sure he could move, but damn that would have to be painful as all hell. He put on a good front, but Nozomi wouldn't have fancied moving after taking shots like that, especially without her armor. In fact, the armor might have helped take some of the oomph from her dash, if it had been on Maigo instead of her, but that's why she had some. His movements were slower, and Nozomi could have taken him down and ended it there if she'd wanted to, but she let him stand up, because his resolve was fantastic. He talked tough, saying those wounds would have put down a genin maybe, but he was no genin. Nozomi held back a giggle, because those wounds were enough to put down most normal shinobi regardless. Not many people had the endurance to take direct hits like that, from jutsu of that rank. Wave of Inspiration, the Four Pillar Bind, Electromagnetic Murder, two of her Dashes. He didn't have to put on such false bravado. But boys would be boys.

The two of them locked gaze though, and Nozomi noticed that he'd been out of his Sharingan. Her smile widened a little, as she knew what that meant. His chakra was lower than she'd thought it was. He had to conserve it as much as possible. He closed his eyes with renewed vigor and activated the Sharingan once more, and Nozomi had all but blocked out the spectators, who were looking on with earnest for the fight to continue. In all regards, they were surprised that Maigo was still standing, and quite awed with what Nozomi could do, all thoughts of being able to take on either of them gone from their minds. Maigo had earned the respect of the masses as much as Nozomi had. At least from this crowd.

Curiosity got the best of her though, as Maigo spoke once more, saying he didn't usually go this far with friends, made a seal of the Rat, and continued on asking what it was she feared. Her head tilted in confusion, as that was an odd question to ask her. It dawned on her that another genjutsu was in the making, but she'd already fallen into it, her surroundings starting to change as the petals appeared to swirl around her. The arena didn't change much, but that was because she was taken back to another arena, during another time. She recognized the new area as that of the Chuunin Exams. And in front of her was no longer Maigo, but it was Kaekio, with a fury in her eyes, the same sight that Nozomi had seen shortly during their fight. Her eyes widened, and she shook her head. "Kaekio, calm down!" she called out, unable to stop herself. She recognized it was a genjutsu, but the moment had got to her. She quickly for the first time utilized her Genjutsu Kai to snap out of it, but by that time, Maigo had already retrieved his weapon, and was charging at her, sword aflame.

Shit. Nozomi didn't have a lot of time to think about her moves. So she didn't. His slash was coming down to connect with her as before, and she could feel the heat rising out of the sword, but then, she was once again nowhere near his blade when it finished its arc. She hadn't utilized all of her dashes, and still had the ability to do so, so when he'd attacked, she'd sent herself backwards 3 meters, petals once again trailing from where she'd been. That had been a little too close for comfort, Nozomi had been burned before, and wasn't a fan of it. She still had another dash left if she wanted to use it, but why remain close enough for that to matter? She'd end it now, and there wouldn't be a reason left for him to assume that he could score anything solid on her. Bringing her hands together, Nozomi focused her chakra between them, and numerous petals from all around on the ground rose up, heading towards Nozomi.

They started to rotate around her palms, morphing into vaguely lotus-like shuriken-type things, and rotated violently, waiting for Nozomi to launch them. Splitting her hands, 5 Petal Shuriken rotated around each hand, and she held them out towards Maigo, launching all 10 of them in a spread, to cover her bases. Not all of them would be able to hit, but there was a greater chance of some of them hitting. And if he was foolish enough to try and slice them out of the air with his sword, the petal shuriken would break into the 5 individual petals and continue on to hit him with smaller blades, the real danger of the technique. Very few people reasoned out that they'd break apart and still be a danger, because most associated the form with just a normal shuriken, which ideally didn't break apart, but Nozomi's shuriken were all petals.

WC: 1653
TWC: 7417

Born-ill: 5/8
-20 Genjutsu Kai
-5 Dash [3/4]
-15 Cherry Blossom Shuriken [1/4]

Chakra: 90/240
Jutsu used:
Spoiler:

17The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo's genjutsu connected, slowly the images focused into view for Nozomi, the same facial distortions and their variants that he had seen almost a hundred times over now. At first her head tilted as he initiated it, her eyes falling in and out of focus as he dashed forward, his blade heating up and sparking to life, he had caught her. His sword about to burst through her jacket in a wonderful flame, but as he made his swing and waited for the resistance again, but nothing. His eyes rolled towards the scene, petals in the scene again and how sword burning them away, he brought his spin to a halt. One missed rotation was enough, no reason to waste more chakra to look like a fool, her position solidified as he moved his sword in position and faced her. His eyes leading the way as he watched her motions and prepared for whatever tricks she had next.

It may have looked like his eyes were leading the way, but his body was just slow to respond, aching along and tired, he needed every advantage to react that he could get a hold of at this point. Watching her weave together signs, he knew where this was going, another jutsu and probably one he wasn't ready for again. Numerous petals rose from the ground, he had a good enough idea where those were going, given their fight and where it stood. Her chances of preparing something supplementary was low, she'd be going for a finishing blow here, and with his low chakra, he was incredibly susceptible. And this time, he wouldn't be waiting out the jutsu to copy it, he was gonna react and save himself some skin here, squatting down into a ready position and pushing a bit of chakra to his sword hilt.

It was upon their rotation that he knew exactly where they were going and what there purpose was. Given the chakra and rotation, they'd be flying at him at any second, his legs ached and skin pulled at each one, blood seeped a bit and stained his jacket in varying places. Luckily the wounds cauterized by the lightning, he wouldn't worry about that for a little while, at least not until afterwards. His movements were painful, holding her hand out they launched forward at him, he didn't even bother to count them or take note of their position. Sure, he could focus in and do his best to deflect them one at a time but he would burn just as much chakra and he wasn't sure that his mind had the attentive focus for any of that.

Luckily though, he had another technique, a sort of catch all that could easily send back some measly shuriken, even chakra infused. Setting into his stance and rotating quickly, sporadically pushing out raiton chakra into his sword and spinning around him and covering all the angles that he could as quickly as he could. The bright light of lightning burning into affect around him and aiming to deflect away the shuriken whenever they would arrive to him. Holding his rotation as long as he could with his chakra, it would deplete him of almost everything, all of his chakra and his wound searing too much through it all.

After his jutsu would be done, blocking the shuriken if Nozomi didn't tamper with them any further or launch any more jutsu. Maigo would end his rotation, breathing heavily and chakra all but depleted. He maybe had enough for one more defensive jutsu if he absolutely needed to use it, but that would surely knock him out before he'd even have time to fully utilize it. Falling to one knee, he would hold up his offhand and speak up, "I'm done..." a small pause of heavy breathes, "I'm done..." he continued on as he tightened his grip on his sword for a second. As far as a simple spar should go, they should have been done a while ago, but then again Maigo always liked to push things too far. Nozomi was good, that much was certain, but it wasn't a gap he felt that he would never fill, she had better techniques and more experience. Was more physically capable as well, but all things that could be bridged, and with the sheer amount of jutsu that Maigo had copied he had shot himself in the foot for the battle.

But at least now he knew that his copy jutsu took a tremendous amount of chakra. In all honesty, he probably spent well over half his chakra on maintaining his sharingan and copying her ninjutsu. Next time though, he wouldn't let his focus be broken to copy her techniques, next time, he would find a way to avoid it all and give her a real test. One where his most simple techniques and the base genjutsu would be little more than offhand supplementation to his prowess. One day...

[842 words, 7045 words total]
[Two tomoe still active]

[OOC: returned 10 chakra from Burning Slice since I abandoned the other two rotations]
-10 Sharingan
-15 Heavenly Spin

[25/250 Chakra]

Jutsu used:

18The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi watched as his Raiton defense deflected her petal shuriken, glad that he still had some fight left in him, and moved her hands together once more, in preparation of finishing the fight off once more, but it proved to be unnecessary. Maigo's defense seemed to have drained him of chakra, and because of that, he simply couldn't keep up the fight anymore. He dropped to his knee, and held up his hand, finally surrendering their spar, so Nozomi let her hands drop back to her side, and the kneading of her chakra inside her halted. That was good.

"MEDIC!" she called out, breaking the spell that had fallen over the crowd. Maigo's fight had astonished them, there had been people that had slowly starting to root for him in the match, as he proved that he had skill that they'd underestimated. And yet, even still, Nozomi hadn't been touched. She'd still been holding back. They'd only seen about half of what she could do. Most of her lightning techniques had been baseline jutsu that many saw, her petals were the first glimpse into what Nozomi could actually do. "Well fought Maigo. Well fought." she said, as she walked back to her stuff, sitting down as her vision began to blur again. The stress of the day was overwhelming her immune system, and she needed to rest before it hit her fully on. The girl fell asleep almost immediately, covered by the shade of a tree in the wall that she had her stuff at. This wasn't a new occurrence.

WC: 262
TWC: 7679
-EXIT THREAD-

Training-
Bukijutsu: D->B [7000/7000]

Cascading Defense: Petal Deflection [500/500]

19The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Empty Re: The Art of a Shinobi [Nozomi/No-kill] Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo hadn't even cared to bother with Nozomi as he finished up, his sharingan faded as he struggled to hold himself up. He heard her call from the distance for a medic, a smile erupted from him, halfhearted at best as he wondered how badly he actually looked from it all. He heard faintly from her as he got down into a sitting position and began to relax, falling to his back on the mat. Not well enough... he laughed to himself in his mind. He had been beaten, but it would be so easy next time, the experience alone had helped him, taught him a bit more of what to look for and how to address the problems in his arsenal. His lack of offense and his inability to copy and act at the same time, he'd normally been a great multitasker but using a new jutsu like that certainly took its toll on him. Next time he would do better, had to do better.

Soon medics came to pick him up off the ground, charred skin and all, there faces frowned a bit, no doubt he'd taken this spar too far and he'd have to hear about it. But then, nothing they probably couldn't fix and he couldn't sleep off. Yeah, that would be nice, getting to lay in bed for a while, though Aizou might get a bit upset, after all the training he promised to do and he goes off and gets roughed up pretty badly. His sword in hand, he took the sheathe from his belt and carried it next to his side as his mind wandered off and his injuries began to be treated. No doubt having to make a stop to the burn center later on, again... maybe he could get a frequent customer card there. Or maybe they would just explain to him how stupid he was and how much he needed to just take care of himself and stop pressing his luck...

[337 words, 7382 words total]
[Exit Thread]

Jutsu Copied:
-Lightning Javelin
-Four Pillar Bind
-Wave of Inspiration
-Electromagnetic Murder

Training:

[spoiler=Training]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.