You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
With most of his first day spent helping those in need within the village Ruvaak didn't have time for what he had traveled to Kumogakure to begin with. Getting a room at the inn he decided he would get to it tomorrow, even if his first day didn't go exactly as he planned he was still satisfied that he was able to assist those that needed his help.

The next morning he was up before the sun and was already dressed and headed out the door. He head was racing as he took the path the inn keeper said would take him to the Battle Plateau, he had heard a lot about the Plateau from other Unmei who had traveled to Kumogakure in the past and was excited at the chance to see and hopefully learn the art of Kenjutsu, even if he couldn't find a sensei to train him didn't concern him just the chance to see the skillful art performed up close might get him on the right path if he did end up having to train himself. As he walked the street towards the Plateau Ruvaak continued to admire the village, 'it is three times if not bigger then Valyria and just as peaceful' Ruvaak thought to himself. He had quite a walk ahead of him in order to get to the plateau and he was in no real hurry since it was still early, he began to wonder if anyone would even be there, deciding to slow his pace and take his time enjoying the scenery.

By the time he neared the steps to the Plateau he could already hear the sounds of many people upon it either battling or training he couldn't tell but the excitement at the thought of a potential sensei being up above him sent him up the steps in a rush.

Word Count: 315

Last edited by Ruvaak on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame sucked in a deep breath, trying to get the most out of the slightly thin air of her chosen training grounds. Many people were already crowding there, sparring with one another and training like she was. The trek up there had already gotten her blood pumping, and her skin itched to feel the familiar feeling of a Raiton jutsu run across it. She jogged over to an empty space, her mind already thinking about which katas she was going to go through and what jutsus she was going to practice. It had been a long time since she had simply trained for the sake of training, and she found that she had missed the exhilaration of it. She could have been training back at home of course, but it was likely she would end up being commissioned to look after children o do some other such menial task if she hung around there past ten o'clock. 

She reached around to grab her katana from its sheath at her back, relaxing into the grip that had molded itself to her fingers through the years. Unlike some of the other (clearly newer) blades she saw flashing around her, Ame's katana (affectionately dubbed 'Echo') only glimmered faintly. It wasn't sharp enough to kill, unless she struck a very exposed vein or artery, but she loved it all the same. She drew the blade closer to her body before lashing out again and spinning, digging her heel into the ground. She moved fluidly through her kata, arching and slashing gracefully, each jab potentially fatal. She loosened her grip for a moment, before switching hands and pulling into an aerial flip, landing on her toes with her arm outstretched and her blade pointed away from her. She crouched once more, sprung into the air and swapped grips again, landing with Echo a few inches into the ground and herself in a handstand. 

She got up quickly and dusted herself off, picking up her canteen to take a swig of water from it. That kata had certainly helped to stretch her muscles, but she was ready for something a little more strain intensive. "Hm, maybe I should start with my jutsu now." It had been a while since she'd tasted the familiar ozone in the air, much less manipulate the element itself. Of course her passive perception kept her finely in tune with the electrical signals of everything around her, so she was never without it, but sometimes it was nice to really feel the super-charged chakra.

Words: 427

Last edited by Ameryuu on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak raced up the steps of the plateau, eager to see who was up here training when he reached the plateau itself he was already out of breath, it didn't take him long to realize that the air was thinner up here then down below not by much but still enough for him to have to stop to catch his breath. Once his breathing was under control he began to look out across the plateau he saw that his assumption was right, there were many here training, there was a small group that looked to be learning taijutsu from their sensei and there were more scattered around practicing their techniques or sparring with one another. He saw some of them had swords and were training with one another, it wasn't until Ruvaak saw a young woman standing on her own pulling out her katana that his heart skipped a beat. Ruvaak stood there watching in amazement as the young woman began her training, her technique was unlike anything Ruvaak had ever seen before, she moved with such grace and skill it was as if her katana was an extension of her arm as if she had it since birth, there was no doubt in his mind when he saw her flip the second time ending with her katana piercing the ground and herself in a handstand that this young woman had skills that put all those around her to shame. Ruvaak just stood there not taking his eyes off of her as she stood grabbing a nearby canteen to get a drink, although he knew it was a little creepy to stand there watching some he didn't know while they trained he was lost in the beauty of her art and couldnt bring himself to move or look away. He was beside himself about approahing her not wanting to get in her way of training so he simply stood there like an idiot waiting to see what she would do next wanting to witness more of her skill.

Word Count: 341/656

Last edited by Ruvaak on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame hummed as she let her chakra simmer just under her skin, occasionally sparking just above it. She picked up her katana again, feeling the familiar pull it had towards her chakra.  This time she moved in broader circles, practicing agility and flexibility more than anything else, while trying to keep a firm grip on the katana instead of the looser stance she'd worked with earlier. She barely touched the ground before leaping off it again, pushing her speed and reaction time to their limits. Each twist and flip was careful and controlled. She didn't want to accidentally hit someone. Even if said 'someone' was the strange boy who had been watching her for a little while.

She felt her heart race and her lungs heave, trying to make the most of the oxygen she was receiving. A bit of sweat was beginning to bead on her brow line, just below her forehead protector. Her hair was whipping around in the wind, and she breathed deeply, revelling in the smell of ozone that seemed to surround her. If electrical signals could be affectionate she was quite sure hers would be, due to how they were thrumming now that she was using her raiton chakra. It was so nice to let loose every now and again. She decided to actually use a jutsu she'd been practising. She'd only used it once, against an enemy during a routine C-rank mission, but she wanted to see if there was any way she could improve upon the jutsu. 

She swung the blade behind her, using it's momentum to pull her with it, allowing her to drive it into the rock deeply enough that it could support her weight before finishing with a brief one-handed handstand on the hilt. As she fell again she pulled her blade from the rock and levelled out her free hand towards her unwitting spy. She smiled at the familiar sensation of the raiton chakra spreading across her hand."Wave of Inspiration" She turned her head as lightning arched off of her skin in the direction of the stalker. It dissipated harmlessly only ten metres from the her outstretched hand, but she was fairly sure she'd given him a fright. "Hey, were you stalking me?" Ame flipped her blade into its sheath and walked towards the boy.

Chakra:140/150
Jutsu Used:
Words: 395 ~ 822 total

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak stood there continuing to watch as the young woman's skin began to spark with electricity, her blade began to glow as lightning began to surround the blade just as it was her, 'she unbelievable' he thought to himself as he watched her in awe as she continued her training. This time her swings were wider than before but he wasn't sure if it was because she was swinging wider or if it was just the glow of the electricity making it look as if it was wider then before, as she jumped through the air twisting and flipping around, she landed and swung her blade behind her driving it into a rock before doing a one handed handstand on the hilt, 'ok now shes just showing off, but her skill is still amazing' Ruvaak thought to himself as he watched her. Suddenly the girl was facing him with the blade pointed at him, Ruvaak stood there as a small burst of lightning shot at him from the blade, quickly stepping to the side to avoid it but it became obviously he reacted to soon as the charge dissipate shortly after she fired it not far from her. She then sheathed her blade "Hey, were you stalking me?" she asked as she began walking towards him. 'Stalking? was I stalking?' Ruvaak thought to himself trying to figure out what exactly to say to the girl, not wanting to upset her further then she might already be. "Stalking, no I'm not stalking you, I am sorry I disrupted your training I was just Amazed by your skill with your blade and couldn't stop watch" Ruvaak told her apologetically as he bowed to her "I meant no disrespect". Ruvaak wasn't sure from the look on her face what she thought of him or what she was going to do to him, but he was sure he didn't want her to turn her blade on him in a fight. Ruvaak looked at the girls face as she got closer to him, 'she couldn't be much older then myself' he thought to himself before saying "I am truly sorry, I will leave you alone and let you train, I was just captivated by your skill with that blade" with another bow he asked "how did someone so young become so skilled?"

Word Count: 394/1050

Last edited by Ruvaak on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame blushed at his praise. He really thought she was that good? She'd never thought of herself as much in the kenjutsu world, due to the fact that everyone she'd grown up around was also skilled with a katana. It was strangely nice to get a compliment. When he bowed though she was really surprised. People in Kumo generally weren't that courteous unless they were addressing people in high up positions. Now she was sure he wasn't from around Kumo.

Ame tilted her head slightly, completely unused to people treated her with even a semblance of respect. She shook her head and laughed a little bit. "I'm not that young actually. I've been training in kenjutsu since I was eight and I'm fifteen now, so seven years of practice can make anyone look good at something. It's a big deal in my clan to learn kenjutsu and all of us have special bonds with our weapons." Ame held out her hand to the stranger. She guessed he was one of the many wanderers who seemed ti drift in an out of Kumo. Ame had always wondered if lightening rods attracted them because they always seemed to have a surplus.

"I'm Ameryuu, but you can call me Ame. You ever held a katana?" She was curious. He seemed to be interested in kenjutsu as he was watching her practice. She'd never met anyone who was interested in it and didn't already have thorough training in it. Everyone in her family could wield a sword, so it had become less of a big deal over time. The kid looked a bit younger than her and stood a good few inches shorter. But his posture betrayed the fact that he was trained in the ninja arts.

Words: 304 ~ 1126 total

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak was surprised when the girl blushed and giggle slightly at his words, is that a good sign? Ruvaak wondered to himself as it appeared the cultures of Kumo were different then Valyria, and 15 isn't much older then him so he didn't know just how much she could show him or if she was even capable of it. While her skills were impressive to him, he had never met someone who could handle a sword so he couldn't really judge her.

Ruvaak took the girls outstretched hand "My name is Ruvaak I am from a small village called Valyria" he said after shaking the girls hand. "and as far as a real katana no I have never held one, my clan specializes in materializing weapons with our chakra, I chose mainly to use bows" he said with a grin as he was very proud of his clan. Ruvaak paused for a moment thinking about just how much to tell the girl about his clans secrets or why he came here, but he is a very trust worthy person and decided to tell her, "I traveled to Kumo because I heard a great deal about swordsmen that live in this village and of this Plateau, so I decided to travel here in hopes of finding someone to train me in the usage of swords to work on my close combat". Ruvaak's words stung him a bit as it wasn't easy for him to admit a weakness or short coming to someone he didn't know, let along another ninja, but he didn't show the concern on his face though he just simply grinned at the girl raising his arms behind his head, and then a thought popped in his mind, "Hey, I just thought of something, I mean I am no where as good as you but how about sparing? unless you wanted to just continue your training alone" Ruvaak said lowering his arms grabbing his talisman as his arms dropped beside him, and then said "I would completely understand if I would just get in your way". Ruvaak began channeling chakra into the hand holding his talisman, it would be weird creating a sword as he had never done it before, he didn't activate it just yet but he wanted to be ready and he had to focus his chakra to do it.

Word Count: 401/1451

Last edited by Ruvaak on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame's eyes widened in surprise. A kekkei genkai user ey? From what he'd said it sounded pretty cool. She wondered how useful it could be, molding weapons out of your own chakra. She mused that she wouldn't even need 'Echo' anymore, but she loved her katana too much to give it up for chakra blades. It must have been a useful skill though, when one was running out of options. She'd heard of Valryia before, but not much about it. It wasn't one of the greater-known villages out there but it was recognizable. 

Ame planted her hands on her hips and thought about it. She hadn't sparred with anybody on her level in a long time. Whenever she sparred with her teammate the older girl would pound her into the earth (granted she would at least pretend they were evenly matched for a while) and sparring with her sensei was completely pointless (the skill gap was too large to ignore). At home the spars were brutal undertakings, as you were bound to be watched by someone, and subsequently made to fight until one or both parties were unconscious or begging for mercy. A calm, regular spar would be fun. Ame straightened the weapon holsters around her waist and shook out her hands.

"That sounds like a good idea. I haven't had a good spar in a while. 'Sides we're probably pretty evenly matched in most things. I say we go for it. I've never fought anyone who uses kyujutsu before, so it'll be a good learning experience for both of us." Ame took another swig from her canteen. It wouldn't do to for her to get thirsty half way. She didn't know exactly what to expect from the boy, but she knew that age didn't really matter in the world of shinobi. He could be on Kameko's level for all she knew.

Words: 327 ~ 1453 total

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak's happiness showed with a wide grin at the girls response happy that he was fortunate enough to meet someone so nice so soon after arriving in the village, he turned and started to walk to the side away from the girl leaving a small space of about 4 meters in between himself and the girl. The girl was right they could be evenly match as there wasn't that much difference in their age but then again skills are another matter, he's been wanting to test his skills against a someone outside his clan since he first started his training and what better way to test his skills than against an opponent that possessed skills he had never faced before. As he turned to face the girl he could feel his adrenaline begin pumping rapidly, as nothing was better in Ruvaak's eyes then the thought of a challenge. He's already witnessed some of the girls skill with a blade, she was good but maybe he would stand a chance against her, and it would be better to test his skills against someone closer to his age and skill level then someone with much more skill. Ruvaak bowed once more to the girl before molding his chakra to create his bow, he hadn't used his bow in a close combat fight but he was excited at the chance to try it out. His breathing had gotten use to the air but he knew the air was thin so he had to try not to exhort himself too much in this spar, and he definitely wasn't going to try to hurt her or anyone else so he would just dull down the tip of his arrows to where they wouldn't pierce the skin only bruise when they hit. He readied himself for combat and steadied his breathing and awaited for the girl to make a move, he didn't draw the string of the bow yet but his draw was fast enough that if she struck fast he would be ready. "Shall we begin" he says looking at the girl with a smile crossing his face.

Word Count: 362/1813

Jutsu Used:

Chakra: 140/150

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame grinned and pulled 'Echo' from it's sheath again. Many of her clan techniques centered around kenjutsu so she decided it would be best to keep the blade on hand. Ruvaak had put some distance between them but Ame could still feel his electrical signals. He was teetering on the edge of her sensing range though. A step or two backwards and she would have to rely on sight and sound to keep track of him. It was a subconscious thing for her to keep tabs on her opponents using her Dekanryu but she wasn't going to activate any higher levels of it until she was certain she needed too. It would be a waste of chakra to do so.

She watched as she created a bow and arrow from his chakra alone, impressed at the use of his Kekkei Genkai. Certainly useful for battle. She had never seen anyone use Kyujutsu for close combat before, and she wasn't much of a long-range fighter (her jutsus were generally also meant for close combat). She was confident she could stick to him though. Bring the fight to him if he stayed back. She prepared herself mentally, wondering where to start. "Yeah, come at me." Better to get a taste for his skill before she dive into anything. 

She kept a tight grip on her katana. She would refrain from stabbing or slicing too forcefully. She didn't want to cause any kind of major injury. She knew full well that she could cause some real bleeding issues with 'Echo', but she trusted in his skill that he would evade her well enough. Still, she decided she would use her blade only to parry and for glancing blows. No point in scarring a potential friend. She had enough scars from her family's blades already and she knew it wasn't the most pleasant feeling, getting stabbed.

Words: 319 ~ 1772 total

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak thought for a moment as the girl drew her katana, knowing the fact that the girl was fast and she knew how to handle her blade, he paused at the girls words, so she wants me to make the first move well then let's not disappoint. Quickly raising his bow he fired off two arrows back to back with a slight difference in their trajectory the first aimed at her mid section an easy and obvious strike for most archers and also the easiest to block, the second arrow was aimed at the lower part of the left leg again easy to avoid however with the speed of both arrows fired back to back like this calls to question the girls reaction time. Ruvaak was sure the girl would block the first arrow and as far as the second one it would hopefully be avoid if she moved fast enough, although even if she didnt the arrow was dulled down to the point it would be blunt and shouldn't cause and real harm just a small sting. Ruvaak could of fired off a few more arrows but decided it was best to wait and see how the girl handled the two arrows before showing her everything he could do. He readied himself for the girls counter strike ready for almost anything, with the distance between them he would have some time to react unless she was super fast, at the sametime though he didn't know exactly how a kenjutsu user fights so he wasn't exactly sure he was prepared for what this girl was capable of but he was not going to give up.

Word Count: 279/2092

-5 for bow -5 for arrows

Chakra: 130/150

Last edited by Ruvaak on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame watched as the boy drew his bow, intrigued since she had never seen it before. She kept a sharp eye on those chakra arrows of his, wondering how fast they would move and how much damage she would expect. He loosed them and she moved her sword to block the first one as it crossed the gap between them in less than a second, watching it dissipate as it struck the blade. The second arrow was aimed at her leg and she twisted to avoid it. It sailed past her quickly before dissipating as it's twin had. She noticed that he still had three arrows to notch and fire, and made sure to keep an eye on them. She had never been hit with an arrow of course, but she didn't expect it to feel nice. She assumed it was akin to being struck with shuriken but with a bit more of a scrape.

She decided to make her first move, not wanting to do too much. she aimed her blade for an easily reachable and defendable area, more to get rid of his weapon than anything else. The small gap of 4m between them shrunk to nothing in just about a second as she aimed her blade for his bow string. If she could land a clean cut on it she may be able to render him weaponless for a little while. She kept her blade close as she slashed, making sure to keep it clear of his body. The arrows themselves could be used as weapons all on their own, but with the bow he had range, which she did not. If she could stick to him for the rest of the fight she was quite sure she could win. With ranged combat she was at a disadvantage.

Words: 303 ~ 2075 total

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak smiled as the girl blocked his first shot and dodged the second just as he knew she would, so she's got some reflexes he thought to himself this will be fun. Ruvaak watched the girl but made a mistake, he blinked in that second the girl struck she was a lot fast then he had assumed and was about to land her strike when he dove off to his side, his free hand hitting the ground he used it to push his body into a flip away from the girl. "That was close" he said quitely to himself, yes it was close but it didn't look as if she was trying to hit him, maybe she only intended to startle him or maybe her aim was just off no matter the reason he couldn't chance letting her get that close again. As soon as Ruvaak's feet hit the ground he drew his bow firing off another arrow followed quickly by a second before moving from his spot, the girl was quick so he had to make sure he was quicker the two arrows were fired in the same general area this time instead of separate parts of her body, both aimed at her midsection only the second slightly lower, so that the second would strike the girls hand after she block the first making her lose her grip on her blade, or at least he hoped. Once Ruvaak was about 5 meters away from the girl he loosed off two more arrows at the girl this time he loosed them so quickly that an untrained eye would think they were fired at the sametime, Ruvaak had trained his bow arm for many years to prove he was the fastest draw and it had paid off, they both traveled for the girls head as Ruvaak continue stepping backwards he loosed the fifth arrow aimed at the girl's leg, that will get her moving he thought to himself as his smile returned to his face.

Word Count: 339/2431

-10 for bow and arrows
120/150 chakra remaining

Last edited by Ruvaak on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame felt Ruvaak pull away from her to dodge the strike and pulled her momentum back slightly, so as to avoid falling face first and hitting the ground. She kept herself in constant motion though, so as not to lose momentum. She wasn't expecting to be at her top speed as soon as she'd started, she had to build up to it and dodging arrows was a good exercise in training her reflexes. Ruvaak seemed to be relying on them to keep her off his back. She disliked not being in close combat but there was nothing she could do about it until she cut him off from his weapon. The next two arrows he fired at her were both aimed at her torso and deflected both with her katana. Ruvaak had managed to get a 5 meter gap between them while firing another two arrows. Ame ducked under the two arrows, sliding underneath them as braced herself against the ground.

She nearly missed the fifth arrow as it shot for her leg. She rolled out of the way, pulling herself up straight away. It was time to take things seriously now. She got up and started running at Ruvaak, getting up to her top speed as fast as she could while holding her hand up to her mouth. She was going to perform a suiton techniques. Due to it's nature as a primarily defensive technique it wouldn't do much damage other than minor bruises, but she could use it to defend against more of those arrows and maybe throw Ruvaak for a loop. Water spewed from her mouth, moving at a neat 10m/s, easily covering the 5 meter gap in half the time. She didn't know if it would hit him, but with the speed it was going at it was unlikely he'd be able to dodge it. Ame herself wouldn't have been able to do so if her reaction time was as up to par as it was. The water moved faster than she could at her top speed, and judging by the way he had barely dodged her attack the last time she doubted he would be able to now.

Words: 371 ~ 2446 total
Jutsu Used:
Chakra: 130/150

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak had no time to react the jet of water moved to fast and there was no way he could of dodged it, the blast hit him square in the midsection although it wasn't strong enough to force him off his feet it was enough that it caused him to lose his grip on his talisman and as his talisman fell from his hand the bow dissipated "Damn It" he mumbles under his breath at the loss of his bow. Without his bow he would lose his advantage in this fight, he had to think fast to not let his opponent see him doubt himself or catch him off guard, now was when he would see just how matched his skill were to the girls. Ruvaak begins looking around him trying to form some kind of strategy upon seeing eight small rocks scattered on the ground he smiles and quickly performs the dragon, rat, horse, tiger hand-seals, then he extends his chakra to the eight nearby rocks on the ground quickly compressing and sharping them and sending them flying at the girl,  this might of been a little extreme but the way she blocked his arrows he was sure she could block at least most if not all of these as well, the truth was that he wouldn't accept defeat even if it was just a spar, the only way he would get better would be to give it his all no matter what and that is just what he intended to do, now that his distraction was in action he had to move quickly before she had a chance to hit him again he surged his chakra out of his body forming a small 2 meter barrier around him although it wouldn't protect him for long it would give him the chance to prepare and maybe just maybe catch her off guard. Now with Mamorimasu in place he would be hidden from her sight and would have a better chance to react if she broke through the barrier. Ruvaak began to think of his options as he watched the girl through his barrier.

Word Count: 358/2789

Jutsu:

Chakra: 100/150

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame watched as the jutsu hit, mentally preparing herself for whatever he planned to throw at her next. He raced through a set of hand seals and made himself some shuriken out of random rocks littering the ground. She had to admit that he was rather innovative in his techniques, but she refused to let that get her down. Making weapons out of anything really seemed to be his thing. The eight 'shuriken' hurtled at her and she ducked under three of them, swiped another three out of her path and dodged one. A single on lodged itself in her arm but she just pulled it out. It stung sure, but she had more important things to think about than the bleeding cut on her left forearm. It hadn't pierced very far into her flesh but she was fairly sure she'd be left with a nice new scar once she'd wrapped it up.

She saw that Ruvaak had seemingly disappeared. Suspecting the use of a doton technique to get himself underground, she decided to play one of her aces. She concentrated her chakra carefully, feeling her passive sensing abilities expand outwards. She caught on to the buzz of a nervous system just seven meters from herself and smiled slightly. "Found you." Ame couldn't see what jutsu he was using to hide himself from her sight but it was obviously made to hide chakra and did nothing to hide him from her sensory ability. Had he been able to hide his electrical signals he may have gotten away with it, but she didn't need to see chakra to tell where a person was.

Ame weaved her own hand seals before the air around her flickered with supercharged chakra and three 'spears' of lightning appeared, one above her head and one at each of her sides. They glowed bright white even in the middle of the day and sparked around her. Ame grinned, prepared for her next attack. She wasn't sure what kind of defense Ruvaak was using, but as long as it wasn't a fuuton element defense she was certain she could get through it. She sent one lightning javelin towards his hiding spot as a tester. If he was willing to cause damage, so was she.

Words: 383 ~ 2829 total
Jutsu Used:

Chakra: 110/150

Last edited by Ameryuu on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak watched from inside his defense as the last of his shuriken hit her forearm, well at least it is something he thought to himself as he watched she simply pulled it out it didn't seem to bother her too much. She began looking around for him, he smiled slightly however his smile quickly faded as it appeared she found him, watching her perform a string of hand-seals and as the air around her sparked with bright white light from three javelin looking objects. He had no idea what kind of strength this jutsu possessed but he was prepared if his barrier was broken through, the girl hurtled one of her javelins at him, the javelin hit the barrier but wasn't able to penetrate it, that's good Ruvaak thought for a second, but he had to be ready because her next javelin would crumble the barrier if not penetrate it and hitting him he would have to move fast once the barrier was down he scanned the area through the barrier and saw a test dummy not that far from the side of the girl that would work well and give her a surprise too maybe, he began channeling his chakra to prepare to substitute himself when when she struck so that he wouldn't be harmed, "it seems I made her mad" he laughed to himself as he looked at the girl through the barrier. Now that he had prepared the substitution he would be able to avoid her strike as well as give her a surprise by sneaking to the side of her if her attack would break through.

Word Count: 275/3064

Jutsu:

Chakra: 90/150

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame aimed her second spear at the still invisible barrier. After the first one had fizzled upon impact, she wasn't sure how long it would take her to break through the barrier, or if it would be possible for her to do so at all. She couldn't detect his movements without concentrating her chakra further and even then she'd be limiting her range, something she didn't want to do in this spar. She would just have to hope that her jutsu was strong enough to pierce through his defense. Even if it did, he would most likely find a way to get free - she needed a contingency plan. She still had plenty of chakra, so that wouldn't yet be a problem, however she didn't know that many hard-hitting jutsus that could give her a chance for a sure win and Ruvaak didn't seem like the kind of person who would just give up considering the circumstances.

She still had her weapon of course, and that was an advantage all on its own. But she had a feeling that finishing this fight would take more than some flashy kenjutsu moves, so perhaps another suiton jutsu would do the job. She still had one in her arsenal that she hadn't had the chance to try out in this fight yet. She needed to get closer to him first, so that barrier of his needed to go. Ame willed the spear of lightning forward towards the barrier, while forming the tiger hand seal and kneading her chakra. She felt the build up of chakra in her mouth for a moment before spitting out two compact balls of water that started spinning lazily around her head. She readied them for use, hoping to catch him off guard with the technique.

She took a deep breath, one lightning spear still hovering at her side, and prepared to either face her opponent or continue trying to destroy his barrier. She had no idea how powerful it was, or of she would be stuck trying to get through it for the rest of the fight, while her chakra drained away. The wound he'd inflicted on her arm had stopped bleeding but it still stung when she moved. She didn't flinch at the pain, refusing to show any sign of weakness. She bent one leg, readying herself for his next move.

Words: 404 ~ 3233 total
Jutsu Used:

Chakra: 90/150

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
Ruvaak could only watch as the girl hurtled another javelin towards him as she performed another hand seal creating two bubbles which began swirling around her head, he knew he would have to move fast if it broke through the barrier it could pierce all the way through straight into him for all he knew and so stepping to the side slightly from the position where the javelin would hit he began preparing his chakra and getting in a crouched position with the sun to his back, Ruvaak waited until the javelin struck the barrier causing it to break apart and shatter all around him, as it came down Ruvaak jumped into the air hoping to catch his opponents attention as he ascended once he hit his height peak he released a burst of chakra from his body shouting the words "Solar Flare!" hoping that would catch his opponents attention if his ascent hadn't, his chakra would intensify the solar rays from the sun and anyone looking up into it would be temporarily blinded giving him a shot at catching her off guard. As soon as Ruvaak landed he began focusing and manipulating his chakra into both of his hands and creating a small half-inch spike make out of chakra in between each of his knuckles, if the girl looked at the solar flare she would be blinded and therefore this would be the only chance he would have to take her on in close range, and be able to dodge that blade of her's and the two jutsu's she now had activated.

Ruvaak took off from where he had landed and head at the girl with his fist drawn back at the ready, praying that she was blinded, but just in case she wasn't Ruvaak decided it was best not to run straight at her instead choosing to zig-zag his way towards her, if he was able to reach her he would swing at her with his spiked fist hoping it would take her down, however even if he isn't able to get close he still had one last resort that he could use. He knew he didn't stand any real chance against her in close combat, which is why he tried to blind her first that way she couldn't see him coming.

Word Count: 393/3457

Jutsu:

Chakra: 70/150

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame held her breath as her lightening javelin hit the barrier, watching as it shattered almost imperceptibly. Ruvaak jumped up and out of the way of the chakra shards, catching her attention and draw her eye upwards. His words came too quickly for her to realise what was happening and the flash seared her eyes painfully, making her lose her concentration enough that her final lightning javelin burst in a ray of sparks next her and left the taste of ozone in the air. She felt slightly disoriented, her sight taken away from her, but she could still fell Ruvaak's presence, despite the inability to use her eyes. She sorely hoped it wouldn't last too long, as she needed all her senses to finish this fight with a perceptible win. At least she wasn't completely robbed of awareness though, and anytime he drew nearer to her she would be able to tell where he was, despite the lack of sight.

It annoyed her slightly but she ignored it, settling into a more defensive stance. She could still tell where her own chakra orbs were, spinning around her head, so she wasn't completely without luck. It was a pity she'd never gotten to use her last javelin though. She felt Ruvaak draw nearer to her, his electrical signals becoming clearer as he moved. He kept zigzagging, probably in an attempt to confuse her. She smiled internally at that. She had a few more tricks up her sleeves, and she certainly wasn't ready to give up yet. She willed one ball of condensed water to shoot towards Ruvaak's current position, and a second later sent another one towards where she thought he might dodge. She made another two, hoping to get at least one clean shot and put him in a position in which he had to yield. Her sword felt heavy and familiar in her hand and she readied herself for more tricks. Just because she could see him, didn't mean she could sense any oncoming jutsu or chakra weaponry he may have been concealing. If he got any closer though, she would be fully prepared. 

For now though, she decided to bide her time. She was impatient in most situations, but battle was where her imaginative mind flourished. The kid gloves were off now. She was starting to feel the drain from the length of their fight, as well as from her previous training. Ruvaak hadn't even seemed to have broken a sweat, from what she could tell when she still had her vision. She however could feel the slight strain on her chakra pathways, as well as in her muscles. Her throat was also irritatingly itchy. She could hear the distant rumble of thunder, and wondered if their match would end up getting rained out. She didn't mind, but she really wanted to go home and take a shower. Or maybe just go visit the bathhouses. That would be nice.

Words: 501 ~ 3824 total
Jutsu Used:

Chakra: 75/150 (two extra suiton balls/continued kkg)

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
The girl was standing defensively, does that mean she can't see or she knows I am coming? Ruvaak questioned himself as he continued forward, suddenly one of the balls that was floating above her head came hurtling towards him just barely able to dodge it off to the side when suddenly he was hit square in the chest, sending him backwards now his shirt was drenched in more than just sweat. Ruvaak's breathing was heavy and his muscles were aching he didn't know if he could continue much longer, or if it would do any good now matter what he tried the girl seemed to be a step ahead of him it looked like he didn't have any other choice. Ruvaak let his demon claws dissipate before he lifted two fingers into the air, which was the Unmei sign to hold combat, quickly realizing that the girl might still be blind not to mention that the girl would have no idea what his lifted fingers meant or she would think he was trying to perform another Jutsu so he decided to say "Ame, I'm sorry I don't think I can continue this" he wasn't proud of giving up, but he was tired, out of breath, and his sweat was starting to burn his eyes so he was left with little other choice he knew the girl had him beat and continuing would only hurt his body more or worst the girl.

Ruvaak was still breathing heavily when he began walking towards the girl hopefully the blindness had worn off so that they could just rest and talk now. Ruvaak couldn't feel the bruises that had formed during the fight, but he knew he was bound to have them. Once he reached the girl he smiled saying, "That was fun, sorry about your arm by the way" pausing for a second before saying "looks like you win, but i want a rematch later on, there's no way I'll lose next time". Ruvaak sat on the ground near the girl and opened his waterskin taking a long drink before looking at the girl and saying, "I could tell when I saw you that you had skilled with your blade but it seems you are more skilled then i thought" laughing a little at his words "and damn your fast" he added with a smile to the girl she was just as impressive as he originally thought she was if not more so.

Word Count: 420/3877

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame heard a large splash, and she felt Ruvaak disappear from her range. She could no longer sense where he was but judging by the speed at which he'd disappeared she was fairly  sure she'd gotten a clear hit. Her eyes still stung a bit but were starting to clear of the blinding whiteness of before. Her vision was still spotty though, so she stayed in her defensive position. She heard Ruvaak's voice from someone not that far from her and she blinked, squinting to see him properly. He said he had yielded, however much he didn't want to and Ame let out a breath of relief, deactivating both her combat range and the suiton jutsu. The water fell to the ground beside her.

"Whew, that sure tired me out. You're pretty good." Ame moved to sheath her katana and winced, as the wound on her arm stretched. "It's fine. Getting hurt is an occupational hazard. I'm used to it." She walked forward, pressing the tender muscle along her side. It still throbbed from the bruise she'd gained. She dropped next to him and finished off the last of her own water bottle. She was surprised at his compliment, but smiled. "Thanks. I've been focusing on speed for a while, but my clan is well knon for reaction time. Your little blinding trick was cool, but I don't need to see to know where you are. My kekkei genkai allows me to feel electrical signals in a 360° radius around me so even chakra hiding jutsu don't work. I have to hand it to you though, you dodge like a pro." She grinned. "We should definitely spar again. Next time I'm sure you'll beat me." Ame leaned back on her arms and faced the sky, seeing the swirling clouds above her. It looked like it was going to rain, but she never minded a little cool off.

Words: 330 ~ 4154

Ruvaak

Ruvaak

C-rank
So that's how she kept finding me, Ruvaak thought to himself as the girl sat down by him looking up at the sky, Ruvaak joined her in doing this the sky was always so beautiful before it rained. Laying there on the ground Ruvaak tried to will the sky to just let the down pour start to help cool him off it would be so refreshing and Ruvaak had always had a thing for storms. After a few minutes of looking to the sky he lifted himself up to sit he looked over at the girl and said, "you know i came here in hopes of meeting one of kumogakure best in hopes of learning from them" he paused for just a second before adding "I would say its a mission accomplished you have helped me a lot in understanding close combat with someone as skilled as you and I won't let this knowledge go to waste i will strive to improve my skills and who knows maybe the next time we meet we can have a swordfight showdown" Ruvaak stopped as the rain began to fall down around them, stretching out his hand to offer the girl help the stand, "looks like we stopped just in time for the rain, maybe we should get out of here" he said with a smile.

WC: 225/4102

Words used for training: 1650
Speed Trained from D-Rank to D-2
Perception Trained from E-3 to D-Rank
Reaction Time Trained from E-3 to D-2

~Exit Thread~

Last edited by Ruvaak on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ameryuu

Ameryuu

D-rank
Ame's heart warmed at the praise, and she added Ruvaak onto the short list of people whom she would rather be amicable with than ignore. She noticed how he stared at the sky, seeming to notice the downpour that she had expected as well. The first fewd droplets fell, splashing against her warm cheeks and sliding off her jacket. "Thank you. Kumo-nin are pretty well known for their kenjutsu, so I expect you to do well on your word and come back here a pro. I don't doubt that you'll progress quickly. But when that sword fight happens, I'll be ready." And she would be. She'd train, take missions, whatever it took, to improve herself in preparation for not only their future spar, but life as a shinobi in general. One never knew exactly what to expect from life, but she wasn't planning on dying anytime soon. "And next time, we'll both have some new jutsu to show off, as well as new tricks. Who knows what could happen..." 

And the rain fell in thick, constant sheets, drenching her and her new companion to the bone, but she didn't mind one bit.
~Exit Thread~

Words: 201 ~ 4355 total

Using 2000 words to train:

Raiton: Arc Restraint (C-rank)
Suiton: Water Clone (C-rank)

Using 2350 words to train:

Strength: D ~> D-3
Perception: D ~> D3

Total: 4350

Unused: 5

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.