You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
“Good.” He lifted her chin up. “Now use the doujutsu.”
Misoka frowned, but did as she was told. For the next few minutes she watched her grand-father’s gaze become hazy, a sight she would have loved to drag out, no, better: take advantage of. Of course this was impossible. His advisors were standing in the room, two of them guarding the door, each of them observing the scene like a hawk.  
All Misoka could do was wait.
Eventually, Akihiko raised his hand and said,”I have seen enough.” - the sign for her to stop.
Then he nodded to one of his advisors. “It seems her eyes are finished. There is almost no difference between what they look like now and when her doujutsu is activated. Besides the obvious.” A light chuckle left his mouth as he patted her cheek. “They do not affect the nervous system and can thus be called harmless.”
The smirk across his lips would disappear as quickly as it had come. Impatiently, he pointed to a sheet of paper lying on his desk. “Raise her price. It is only fair that we can now charge extra for the glowing effect. And fill in that she sings... alright. But what can you do about it: She doesn’t have any musical talent, and I have no hope that she will suddenly gain one.”
He walked over to his advisor who was sitting at the desk and following Akihiko’s commands. The clan’s head threw a glance at the paper, nodding a second time. “Good. Send out her profile to our regular customers. I believe Yukimura-san is currently looking for a girl with unusual eyes. Let’s wait for his price proposal then.”
Misoka was used to being treated like a product. Keeping a straight face, she let her gaze wander across the room without really taking note of anything.
Finally, the business talk was over. Akihiko motioned for her to leave, his other hand lazily flipping through the pile of papers in front of him.
Before she could walk out of the room, however, he called her back, lifting another sheet. The picture of a beautiful brunette was imprinted on it. “Akemi is all of a sudden talking some nonsense about freedom. I told you that you should stop implanting your crazy ideas in others’ heads. Don’t believe you’re getting away with this. Now go.”
Without a word Misoka left the room and wondered half-heartedly what her punishment would be this time. Another genjutsu torture? Or they might come up with something new for a change.

~

After his grand-daughter had gone out, Akihiko decided to get ready for the meeting he had arranged on that day. Hopefully, the brat would accept his invitation. A sly smile flitted across Akihiko’s face. They were family after all.
When he was finished barking out some commands to his advisors and guards, the clan’s head left his room and walked into the main hall where he took a seat at the huge table. Knowing that his manservant would inform him of the boy's, Nagashi’s, arrival as soon as possible, Akihiko changed a few words with his best Karisuma shinobis in the meantime.
At his behest, they had joined him at the table and would surely be of help in winning that brat over.
“Master.” Oh, speak of the devil. Akihiko looked up expectantly, his light brown eyes focusing on the short boy in front of him. ‘Why does my manservant have to be such a douche bag?’ he casually lamented in his mind before asking,”Is he there?”
The boy, about 16 years of age though Akihiko wasn’t that sure actually, fidgeted with his hands and nodded hesitantly. What the heck did he think he was doing?
“What are you waiting for then, you idiot? Show him the way!”
This was enough to send the boy running.
Akihiko shook his head, cursing the kid under his breath and considering to get himself some new servants.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

Nagashi

Nagashi

D-rank
If Nagashi had any semblance of interest in the invitation, he had not showed it. The green haired youth had sported his signature blank look, his eyes hazed and cold, his lips unmoving. His body was slumped, that is to say, he looked nonchalant or perhaps tired, or perhaps a mixture of both, but he certainly did not seem perked or ready for anything in particular. Even his hair, which had normally a sense of organisation about it, seemed more so chaotic than per usual. His clothes were clearly not chosen for any particular purpose - certainly not to show him off in a good light. A simple black top decorated his upper body, whereas dark-green khaki trousers covered the rest, with the exception of the simple wooden sandals. His hand was wedged deeply in his right pocket, where, unbeknownst to anyone, he clenched a small flick-knife - a gift from his parents.

When he had received an ornate, perfumed-sprayed letter from the well-known Karisuma Clan, the youth had reacted with instant suspicion (and a degree of disgust). He had discovered his unusual talent - the other side of the coin to his otherwise, dull golden eyes - at a young age, and had used the ability to some degree ever since. It was useful, but not exactly a deal-breaker of any sort; nor did it make him feel in any particular way to the clan it originated from. His parents had explained to him that he had some vestiges of the Karisuma blood in his body, much like most Watari did (and probably the vast majority of Suna Shinobi as a whole) and, for whatever reason - an unquantifiable percentage, a one-in-a-million chance - he had awakened the ability hidden with the Karisuma's DNA. Now it seemed the clan wanted him to come in, to talk to them, to be indoctrinated in their ways perhaps? The youth cared little about all that, but he was advised to go nonetheless, for fear of causing disrespect. Still, his parents had made sure to watch him carefully; the Karisuma weren't exactly trustworthy. Whatever they wanted with their son, Nagashi's parents were well prepared to intervene.

He was met at the entrance by a boy of his age, though the green-haired youth noticed, with scorn and disdain, that his peer was worthless. It was hard to tell if the servant was the weakest shinobi in the world or the most fragile non-ninja entity in the whole universe. Nagashi felt like he could crush the very thing that would soon call itself a 'man' with a single, long gaze. But, as aforementioned, he was too bored or too disinterested or too tired to really care. He just gave the boy a look of contempt, and grinned a little as the servant ran off. Aww was he scared?

The boy returned quickly, letting the green-haired youth in. "Follow me" he muttered under his breath, nervously perhaps; Nagashi moved after him unwillingly. The two moved into a main hall, of some sorts, where a large wooden table was arranged, behind which, sat numerous figures. One in particular stood out, a brown-haired individual of some age; there was something about him that betrayed to the youth, that he was the leader of this little, happy gathering. "Wassup?" Nagashi intoned offhandedly, his amber eyes looking up from behind a fringe of emerald hair. He really couldn't care less.

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
Al-right.
This was that Watari brat who had by some miracle inherited their kekkei genkai?
To say he didn’t feel impressed was an understatement. Akihiko looked the boy up and down, finding a terrible lot of things he would love to change about him.
First, the kid’s appearance. Had he ever heard of an object called comb? The spiky green hair was horribly messy, sticking up in all directions.
And well, his attire... Let’s say, Akihiko even though he was reaching his 60th birthday knew better how to dress himself. The kid had to have at least so much common sense that he could distinguish informal and formal meetings, this one obviously being the latter. However, judging from the dull khaki pants and the shirt, which looked as though it had been worn non-stop for a week, this seemed to be too much to ask from the boy – oh, he should start calling him by his name: Nagashi.
Good, Akihiko might be able to overlook the youth’s bad taste in clothing since he wasn’t a real Karisuma per se.
But when Nagashi didn’t even make an attempt to greet them politely, the clan’s head needed to strongly remind himself of the fact that the kid wasn’t another manservant he could kick out.
“Wassup?”
‘Now don’t tell me he’s a redneck,’ Akihiko complained silently. ‘What gutter language.’
On the outside, however, he forced a thin smile upon his lips and pointed to a seat next to one of his nephews, a tall and muscled young man, 25 years of age.
“It is a pleasure to meet you, Nagashi,” the brown-haired elderly person said in a calm tone, which didn’t entirely hide his dissatisfaction, though. “Now before I come to the point, I would like to introduce myself and the other people around you.”
He rose from his seat as if to demonstrate his height and expensive clothes. “I am the current clan’s head, Karisuma Akihiko. I am sure you have been told about our tragic losses in the past. Nevertheless, I will help our family to shine in new splendour.”  
Eying the green-haired boy intently, Akihiko sat down again and rested his head on the knuckles of his hands. “But first things first: Please tell me about you and your shinobi career so far.”
And please let it be better than his first impression of the kid.

~

“Lady Kiyomi, please...”
Misoka halted and proceeded to look around her for a moment. Only after she had made sure none of the guards were nearby, she followed the plea and slipped into Akemi’s room.
“Is something the matter?”
Her brunette cousin, who was sitting on her bed, raised her head. The tearstains adorning her features let Misoka know that she’d been crying. With a soft “shh-“ sound, the older woman took a seat beside the 15-year-old girl.
“Kiyomi...”“It’s Misoka, I told you. I’m certainly not a reincarnation or anything like that. That’s just a stupid rumour Akihiko has spread.”
The brunette nodded weakly. “I... need your help.”
Oh. Somehow Misoka had the feeling she was about to do something ‘illegal’ again. “What is it?”
Akemi started fidgeting with the bed sheets in her hands, sniffing every now and then. “Akihiko-sama told me that I’m supposed to marry a Konoha man. But... but Takeru, my true love... I need to see him one last time at least.”
When the young girl broke out into tears again, Misoka quickly reached out and pulled her into an embrace. “Shh... listen. I know how you feel, but...”
“He is on his way at the moment,” Akemi suddenly declared between a few sobs. “I thought with that stranger coming, they’ll be distracted...”
Misoka froze. This couldn’t be. Had Akemi lost her mind? “He is... what?”

Nagashi

Nagashi

D-rank
Nagashi's eyes narrowed as he took a thorough look around his surroundings, his mind working furiously to determine his strategic position, for if he had been feeling uneasy and suspicious from the very start, now, the feeling was more akin to entrapment. The estate was nothing short of richly decorated and glamorous: the splendour was evident in every single detail, whether it was to be seen in a lonesome exorbitant vase or a tapestry from the Jōmon period, which he had noticed in the corner of his eye. The air was heavy with the thick, exotic smells of aromas, spices and perfumes the youth couldn't even hope to identify; he felt as if he was being choked. The clothing of the clan members was highly intricate and of an extravagant fabric. He must have seemed like a peasant to them, a lowly, impoverished nobody; if that was what they thought of him, he considered himself advantaged.

"Look, Akihiko...sama" the youth begun, taking care, after a momentary pause, to add the blasted honorific. "I can't help but feel confused as to the reason for this... meeting" the boy admitted, his left hand stroking his chin thoughtfully, though there was but a fledgling of hair on it for him to feel. "I understand that due to the... recent 'incident', the clan is perhaps short on manpower, but I'm but a lowly genin with very few prospects ahead of me" the youth spoke on, choosing his words carefully. He was suddenly determined to be out of here; the presence of the younger, stronger, well-built chuunin or jounin who occupied the table, unnerved him. But though he was such, his voice did not show it. Whatever he was feeling or thinking, Nagashi couldn't have sounded more monotone; his eyes did not betray him either.

"I would hate to waste your time" he added, his golden orbs turning their full focus to the so-called leader. He had heard many rumours, some believable, others - well - highly absurd. Some had said that it was this man before him - Akihiko - who was responsible for the death of the elders. It certainly seemed convenient, for the near-sixty year old, to have been one of the last aged-members left. And sure enough, where the clan had been poor under the prior's rule, Akihiko had returned it to glory... well, financial glory. Other rumours, rumours concerned with a glamorised form of prostitution, or so Nagashi had believed it to be, tarnished the clan's fledgling reputation more so than poverty had ever done. Is that why he was here? Did they plan to make him a pretty boy, to be added to some catalogue or collection?

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
“Hm.” Akihiko’s eyes were locked onto Nagashi, almost piercing through him. Nothing but a lowly Genin, eh? He felt neither surprised nor highly disappointed. From all the information he had gathered about the boy so far, it had already seemed likely for him to be a Chunin at best. Well, everyone starts from scratch, right?
A slim smile played upon the clan leader’s lips although it didn’t serve to give him a more friendly look. And why should he be friendly after all? Polite, yes. But more than anything Akihiko treasured discipline.
“I did not expect you to already call an ANBU rank your own,” he raised his deep voice, which was dripping with authority, “But you are a clever boy indeed. Since the tragic incident, we do need more shinobis in our lines. I invited you here to offer you an instruction you will not be able to receive from anyone else. Because... who else knows better about the Stunning Eyes than I do?”
His lips wearing the thin smile twitched into what resembled a proud smirk. “I can make a man out of every boy who is brave and smart enough to become my scholar. You might want to take a closer look at your distant relatives sitting with you at the table. I would be interested to see how much of a Karisuma is in you.”
Akihiko was still observing the youth intently, and by then his shinobis’ hawk-like eyes were doing the same. The scenario could be called intimidating to say the least. Yet Akihiko didn’t care how his demeanour came across; what he deemed important was that the boy would understand what alluring offer he had just received.
Of course it was a shame that the clan had to make an attempt to rely on brats like Nagashi. Unfortunately, they had to sell every single one of their females so that the clan wouldn’t be reduced to a cloud of dust in the shinobi world. Without money buying weapons or enabling necessary restorations was impossible, and they needed every ryo they could get.
A vicious circle.
Akihiko furrowed his brows in thought. He earned money with the girls, sure, but as this form of arranged marriages wasn’t something which polished a shinobi clan’s reputation he soon found himself short of available Karisuma men in return. He couldn’t afford to lower one of his girls’ prices so the clan would receive her second son for example.
But well, with his grand-daughter’s rarity he would finally gain enough money to do just that and claim one of her male children. For a moment, he almost let out a faint chuckle, but stifled it in time. Things were looking up.
As for now, however, the boy Nagashi had to be worked on.

~

“This is so careless of you,”
Misoka lectured her younger cousin when they tiptoed through the hallway. “Do you know where exactly he intends to ... break in?”
Akemi shook her head sadly. “I am not sure, I... I guess... he will try to come through the window on the ground floor.”
“Then let’s go there.”
They went downstairs, almost holding their breaths as to not alarm any of the guards. At least Akemi was right about one thing: The stranger Akihiko had invited did draw a lot of attention. The ground floor appeared empty much to Misoka’s delight.
Perhaps they would be able to tell Akemi’s girlfriend to leave as long as he had the chance to.
A loud shattering sound right next to them made them both cringe. Shortly after, a young man crawled through the broken window - his hands blood smeared, but his foolish smile unwavering.
Misoka couldn’t believe her eyes. So much dumbness was hard to process.
“Didn’t you tell your boyfriend that he can’t just shatter a window without getting noticed?” she hissed to Akemi who gasped. “Ta-Takeru, how could you-“
But the damage was done.
“What was that noise?” a male voice called out from behind the door to the main hall. It seemed to belong to a guard.
“Quick!” Misoka grabbed both the boy’s and Akemi’s arms and dragged them back to the stairs.

~

The sound of broken glass. Had that stupid manservant of his dropped something again?
Without averting his gaze Akihiko kept his eyes glued on Nagashi waiting for his answer, and only motioned for one of his guards to leave the room. “Go see what’s going on.”

Nagashi

Nagashi

D-rank
Nagashi was disappointed, to say the least, by how the situation had devolved into a cliché scenario. Here they were, the evil or rather quasi-evil older superior trying to corrupt him - the young naive prodigy. Oh sure, he would gain power and glory and become the ruler of the world, the owner of everything, the new God, the handsomest, strongest - the ultimate - entity. All he had to was to sell his soul, sign a contract with his blood and sacrifice a lamb, that is, if a virgin wasn't available. A relatively cheap price to pay for the service rendered, wouldn't you agree? But Nagashi was unlike the empty tools of the older man - the men he presented to him, as if explicit proof of the wonders he had performed for them; he being the mastermind behind their rise to power. "All I see is pawns and puppets" the youth remarked, his tone not un-polite, but the words clearly so. There was some reaction from the so-called puppets; one clenched a fist, as if to intimidate - as if to suggest he would react in any way; perhaps teach the youth a... painful lesson about speaking his mind. But Nagashi knew better than that. They wouldn't harm him. Not in front of Akihiko.

"I fear they will fight bitterly between themselves once your position is available" the youth added, his tone contemplative and immersing. He looked at the elder's posse thoughtfully, as if to analyse them further - as if he could see the very event he had just described happening at that very moment before his eyes; as if to identify the eventual victor. "That's what happens when a master leaves one too many disciples" the boy remarked, his eyes returning to meet the elder's. He didn't feel inclined to even reply to the proposition; the statements he had made seemed, to him, proof enough of his opinion on the whole matter.

Around that time, a distant sound of glass breaking could be heard. It occurred at a fortunate moment perhaps, for it allowed everyone's attention, Nagashi's included, to move away from the meeting at hand. Distractions were never a bad thing in such tense moments. Akihiko reacted to the sound calmly, sending one of his pawns to investigate, but Nagashi couldn't help but feel curious. He was closer to the sound than the others; he couldn't help but hear the dire-remnants of impatiently uttered whispers. What was all this about?

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
“Get in there, come on!” Misoka whispered urgently and pushed the door to her room open, sneaking into it with Akemi and the boy on her heels. The moment they were inside, she shut the door and leaned against it as to make sure they weren’t going to get any unwanted visit. At least she couldn’t make out any approaching footsteps yet. Perhaps they were lucky and Akihiko had chosen to let it slide so he wouldn’t worry his guest.
Then again... no. Their clan leader was as impatient as he was wary. And he certainly didn’t treat any housebreakers kindly.
“Alright, for now we have to-“ she began formulating the plan she had weaved in mind when she noticed that no-one listened to her. Akemi was... uh... busy with her boyfriend. Like, honestly – right now and in front of her? A pale tint of pink crept up Misoka’s cheeks as she cleared her throat. “Ahem.”
Fortunately, that was enough to make them break apart. “What I meant to say-“
But yet again, she was interrupted, this time by the sound of footsteps she had feared to hear sooner or later. “Stay in here. Hide.”
Then she went out of the room and found herself standing face to face with one of the guards. Oh damn it.
“Kiyomi.” He gave her a scrutinising look. “Have you heard the previous noise?”
Of course they suspected her. She usually was the one to make trouble.
“The sound of shattered glass, you mean?” A thin smile played upon her lips. Misoka didn’t even blink when she went on non-chalantly,”It was hard not to hear. Who might have caused it? Did you check on Kondou-kun yet?” True, she did feel a tad bad for putting the blame on Akihiko’s innocent manservant. But... this excuse was something they would buy a lot more easily.
To her relief, the guard tilted his head to the side thoughtfully and said at last,”You have a point. Excuse me for bothering you then, Kiyomi.”
She nodded and watched him turn around to leave when-
A loud bang resounded from behind Misoka. Both she and the guard froze. The bang was accompanied by a laughing voice,”See! I trained during our time apart! Just look at the hole in that door? Pure strength haha!”
Misoka gritted her teeth in disbelief and anger. That stupid, stupid, stupid idiot. Needless to say, all her effort had been for nothing by then. The guard stomped through the door, calling for reinforcement on his way.
Everything happened in a blur. When Misoka tried to help her cousin and the boy by launching an attack, the men fought her off easily.

~

Akihiko narrowed his eyes at the brat’s reply. To tell the truth, though, he had expected an answer like that one somewhere in the back of his mind. It wouldn’t be so easy after all, huh?
Just as he was about to say something else, the door to the hall flew open.
“Akihiko-sama!” One of his men had arrived and was now running over to him.
In a low voice the man whispered to Akihiko,”Sir, a boy has broken into our estate. He claims to be Akemi’s boyfriend. Kiyomi apparently let him in.”
This must be some sick joke. “She did what?!” Akihiko’s voice brimmed with fury as he rose from his seat, completely forgetting that he had wanted to convince a brat to join them just a moment ago. But this was a much more important matter right now. “Where are they?!”
His eyes flicking to Nagashi, he gestured for him to leave. “Go. Our business with you is over. Taku-san, lead him out of the room.” The polite tone had vanished entirely. All Akihiko could feel was bright anger.
What if Akemi’s virginity had been taken already? This was a disaster.

~

Her stomach twisted in knots when the three of them were being dragged to the main hall; to the clan’s leader. Misoka had an idea of what they would do to Akemi’s boyfriend, and it certainly didn’t help to make her feel better.
Far too soon, they entered the main hall and had to face Akihiko’s rage. Things didn’t go well. He didn’t bother to interrogate any of them, but would immediately turn to Misoka instead. “Did I not make myself clear enough? How dare you break the rules in this house?”
She didn’t get to answer as Akihiko already continued, wasting no time in informing them about his decision. He condemned Takeru to death.
Akemi screamed and begged for her uncle to reconsider, yet in the end no-one of them could do anything.
Misoka’s heart crumpled. The feeling of helplessness washed over her like a foaming wave.
Long after she had been sent back to her room, the sounds of Akemi’s sobs were still echoing in her mind.

[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.