You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Takeshi

Takeshi

Retired
Takeshi was busy with his new found work. As he thought, the work load was huge, especially now since they still had to deal with repairs. The bills, the people that were lost, all of this was now on Takeshi's back. Now with the death of Tatsumaru, it was all his responsibility. He got up from his paper covered desk to look outside his window. From here, he got a great view of the village. With all this work, he barely had time to smoke anymore. All he had on was his white short sleeve V-neck shirt and his jeans with black boots. He pulled out his pack of smokes from his jean pocket when he heard the voice of a man behind him, though he didn't worry about it. Getting one cigarette from the pack, he put it in his mouth and took a deep breath. The man behind him was in a new division set up by Takeshi himself. Their job was to keep track of everybody who set foot in the village. This was made to counteract the down time it takes for him to get notified of a potential attack. The message the man carried was nothing of sort. His message to Takeshi was that Mitsuo, a student of his, had returned from the Chuunin exams. Takeshi was curious as to Mitsuo's results, so he instructed the man to bring Mitsuo to the Hokage Mountain where they would meet.

After saying this, Takeshi slid his black leather jacket on and made his way to the mountain himself. The last time he was up there was when he Nagare taught him the art of summoning. Admittedly, Takeshi had yet to train this extensively, but he had been busy with the recent attack. Either way, that training would have to wait a little bit longer since now he was almost at the top of the mountain. He went up the mountain another way, only known to the Hokage. He took this path and found himself at the top much faster than when he used the other path. Reaching the top, he could feel the strong cool wind blowing in his face. The wind made his jacket flutter, and his short red hair move. He could see the whole village from here, and even where it was still bruised from the attack. He stood up here letting it sink in that he was now the Hokage. He smoked his cigarette as he waited for the man to bring Mitsuo. He was in need of some long overdue training, even if he did make it to the Chuunnin rank.

[Training Flaming Tiger Jutsu - 439/800 20% off due to quick learner]

Last edited by Takeshi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo had barely gotten into town when a man made his way towards him. He was dressed in the typical Konoha-nin garb and he intercepted Mitsuo on his way into the village. Mitsuo took a drag on his cigarette and looked at the man curiously. He had deep green eyes, like Mitsuo's, and short brown hair. His face was completely shaved and he had a scar running from the top of his lip to his chin. Mitsuo smiled and nodded to the strange nin, his chin making the light flash off of the Konohagakure forehead protector that rested around his neck.

"You are Sarutobi, Mitsuo, correct?" The man's voice was deep and gruff, his question really more of a statement than anything. Mitsuo nodded his agreement and the man continued. "You have been summoned to the Hokage Mountain by the Hokage himself, he wishes to see you at once and says it is important. I will lead you there."

"The Hokage has summoned me? Tatsumaru? Why does he want to speak with me?" Mitsuo looked quizzically at the man. He had previously only spoken with Tatsumaru once before, but he didn't think he had made much of an impression on him. Tatsumaru had seemed like he had a lot on his mind and Mitsuo was the furthest thing from it..

"You haven't heard I take it?" The man looked Mitsuo up and down, noting he was still wearing his white traveling cloak and probably hadn't heard anything of his home since before he had left. He was glistening with sweat from his travels and his typical mesh shirt was tucked into his bag. His hair was pulled back into its ponytail though stray strands were sticking out everywhere. His glasses were still tied to his head by a string so they wouldn't slide off and his gloves were still on his hands, resting on the hilt of his katana as always. "I will let the Hokage fill you in, a lot has changed since you have left."

Mitsuo wasn't sure what the man meant but he followed him to the Hokage Mountain nonetheless, moving at a quick pace due to the urgency of the message. Once he ascended the mountain it wasn't the Hokage who stood before him, or so he thought, but his sensei, Uzumaki Takeshi, smoking a cigarette and waiting for him to approach. Mitsuo lit another smoke as well and walked up to his sensei, happy to see him after the events that had transpired at the exams.

"Heya sensei, it's been a while. Are you here to meet the Hokage as well?"

(Katon B>A 446/3000)

Takeshi

Takeshi

Retired
Takeshi was in deep thought, letting the wind hit his face. His cigarette was almost out, but oddly enough he didn't feel the need to take out another one. This was odd, though he didn't think about it too much. He was ready to fall into one of his deep thought moments when he heard foot steps to his right side. The ninja brought Mitsuo as he instructed, after which Takeshi gave him a nod. This caused the ninja to jump off at fast speeds. Takeshi turned his whole to face Mitsuo as he asked his question. He asked Takeshi if he was here to meet the Hokage, this confused Takeshi for a mere second before he understood. The man didn't tell Mitsuo the recent events, which was a good thing. Takeshi walked up closer to Mitsuo and put his right hand on his left shoulder. First things first. How'd you do in the exams, did you make it to Chuunin rank? Takeshi said in a different tone of voice. Normally Takeshi carried himself as this emotionless being that didn't care about anybody. This was not case as Takeshi seemed slightly excited to hear Mitsuo give tell his tale about the Chuunin exams. Tell me everything that happened.

wc: 647

[Training Flaming Tiger Jutsu-647/800 20% off due to quick learner]

Last edited by Takeshi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo smiled softly, it was nice to hear his sensei's voice again. It had certainly been a while since they had spoken, having been gone for quite a long time to Sunagakure. A lot had changed for him, and he would have to let Takeshi know just how much.

"Well let's see.. Firstly I traveled to Suna with Kichirou, the gambler, and met up with a bunch of different people. It was cool meeting so many different shinobi from different places. Then I ran into Masanori.." His voice became cold when he said the name of the shinobi who had defeated him twice in combat, somehow overcoming his extremely superior speed. "He picked a fight with me..and I lost.. But then the exams began, and I was on my way to the Ivory tower, and I killed some bandits and saved a girl, and then I got there and we found out there were only 22 of us left, so they held the tournament, and then I got stuck with Masanori again..." He clenched his fists and shook his head. "I wasn't allowed to bring Chisoku with me, he somehow managed to defeat my amazing strategy, but because of my amazing strategy I was awarded my position as Chuunin anyway, even despite losing my match. I was told that I had all of the makings of a Chuunin, and I should be proud, and my Sensei should be proud also... So I hope you're proud of me sensei!"

Mitsuo was genuinely excited, he was so full of energy and so happy in this moment, that nothing could upset him.

We did pretty good, eh nii-san?

"So what about you, what's been going on around here?"

(740)

Takeshi

Takeshi

Retired
Takeshi listened to Mitsuo as he told his tale of the Chuunin exams. Takeshi removed his hand from Mitsuo’s shoulder and took a few steps back.  Well let's see.. Firstly I traveled to Suna with Kichirou, the gambler, and met up with a bunch of different people. It was cool meeting so many different shinobi from different places. Then I ran into Masanori. Once he said the name Masanori, Takeshi could tell something was wrong. He could see Mitsuo physically tense up as he looked down at his feet. This cause Takeshi to raise an eyebrow because he didn’t know what happened. He was ready to ask Mitsuo what happened exactly, but he let Mitsuo continue what he was saying. Takeshi pulled out a cigarette during the pause that was created by Mitsuo

Takeshi pulled out a cigarette during the pause that was created by Mitsuo. He was ready to lite it up when Mitsuo started to speak again. He picked a fight with me..and I lost.. Takeshi was slightly surprised that Mitsuo lost such a fight. Takeshi wondered what village this person was from, but instead of interrupting Mitsuo’s explanation, he stalled this thought until later. But then the exams began, and I was on my way to the Ivory tower, and I killed some bandits and saved a girl, and then I got there and we found out there were only 22 of us left, so they held the tournament, and then I got stuck with Masanori again… Listening to Mitsuo’s explanation of the first round, he expected nothing less. Mitsuo was more than prepared to take on a couple of bandits. Takeshi listened to the number, of Genin after the first test. Mitsuo made it seem like it was a little number, but remembering the records of the Chuunin exams in the past, there was even less than that. Twenty two a large number compared to the rest. There must have been a good amount of strong Genin this year.

While Mitsuo was talking, Takeshi lit up his cigarette and took a deep breath. He continued to listen to Mitsuo until he got to the name Masanori. That was where Mitsuo paused and tensed up again. Takeshi could tell that Masanori was the one who defeated him in the tournement part of the exam. It must had been bad luck that Mitsuo got paired with Masanori after they fought the first time. Takeshi exhaled the smoke from his lungs as he heard Mitsuo kick the conversation back up. I wasn't allowed to bring Chisoku with me, he somehow managed to defeat my amazing strategy, Takeshi raised his eyebrow when he heard the news about Mitsuo being unable to use his pet. It must had been some kind of restriction set in place by the officials. Takeshi was also curious about Mitsuo’s amazing strategy that he had in place, though he didn’t ask. Tuning back in, Takeshi heard great news. but because of my amazing strategy I was awarded my position as Chuunin anyway, even despite losing my match.  

That was wonderful news, Takeshi didn’t know for sure if this had happened before, but it must have been a rare thing. Takeshi was trying to hide his emotions, even though there was no real reason to do this. I was told that I had all of the makings of a Chuunin, and I should be proud, and my Sensei should be proud also... So I hope you're proud of me sensei! Even though Takeshi was trying to hold back his emotions, he could help it. He let a smile form on his face. He walked up to Mitsuo with a bright smile on his face and slammed his right hand on Mitsuo’s left shoulder. “Of course I’m proud of ya!Takeshi said almost yelling to the top of his lungs.

So what about you, what's been going on around here? After that brief moment of happiness, reality set back in. Takeshi had to tell Mitsuo everything that had happened while he was away. He didn’t speak a word, instead Takeshi motioned for Mitsuo to follow him near the edge of the mountain. From Mitsuo would be able to see where a few building were under construction, and the huge crater that had yet to be filled. As you can see, a lot of stuff happened while you were away. Takeshi took a moment to exhale some smoke and flick off some ash. We were attacked by a missing ninja from another village. The name of this person, and the village has yet to be found out. I was one of the first responders to this threat, and it was a hard fight. He used crossbows that had several different powers to them. Even though I couldn’t analyze them all, I got a good amount of information. Takeshi took a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. This man killed at least one hundred people with his crossbow alone, maybe even more with his explosions. The number of all who was killed has yet to be estimated.

Takeshi took another pause, this one slightly longer than the last. Takeshi pointed to the huge crater that Tatsumaru made. Tatsumaru made that hole you see over there with his explosion release. It helped a little bit, but overall it didn’t do anything but make more paper work. The missing ninja killed Tatsumaru in combat. From the autopsy, it was revealed that he took a bolt straight in the heart. It went straight through the flak jacket he was wearing at the time with little resistance. It’s amazing really, it was discovered that the bolt was made out of something else, though we don't’ know for sure what it is. Takeshi flicked more ash off of his cigarette before he began to speak again. After his attack, the man fled. We don’t know where he went due to the immense amount of confusion that was caused. It was more imperative that we calmed down the village before setting up a squad to go after the man. Takeshi took a few steps back and began to speak again. After all this, I’m sure a question on your mind is what are we going to do without our Hokage. Well you don’t have to worry about that, because I’m the new Hokage. I was appointed after the attack, so its been its my job to raise Konoha back on its feet.

Takeshi looked at Mistuo again, this time with an emotionless face.  Hearing all of this, you must be able to understand what we must do next. It's been over due, but its time for me to train you personally. I'll need strong ninja from here on out, and you'll be one of them.

[Learned Flaming Tiger Jutsu - 800/800]
[Learned Flame Clone Jutsu - 800/800]
[Learning Wind Cloak Jutsu - 184/1,600]

Last edited by Takeshi on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
The information took a few minutes to set in. Mitsuo was completely in shock at hearing of what had happened to his beloved village. He had failed them. He hadn't been there to protect his village when they needed him the most. He was supposed to be someone his village could rely on, but he had let them all down. After hearing of the countless dead he realized he hadn't heard anything from his father since he had left for the exams. He hadn't been in the village long enough yet to have been told but his father had passed away during the battle, dying to protect the hidden leaf, and, because of this, Mitsuo had become the head of the Sarutobi family. When news of this would eventually reach him it would crush him, his father and sister being the only family he had left. The biggest shock to him though was what Takeshi had said about Tatsumaru and, subsequently, the person who had been chosen to become the Hokage.

Mitsuo could not say that he and Tatsumaru were close at all, in fact they were far from it, having only truly interacted once, and Mitsuo having been put off by a tasteless comment he had made. He wasn't sure if it was that he was just socially awkward or if he was testing Mitsuo to see his reaction. He had rubbed Mitsuo the wrong way though, the only time he had ever had doubt that the Hokage was a man who he would give his life to protect. He couldn't say he was upset to hear he was dead, more shocked than anything, that someone could bring down somebody so powerful.

The next thing, the most shocking of all, though it shouldn't have been, was that his sensei had become Hokage. He looked Takeshi up and down, it not quite sinking in due to the lack of hat and robe, but the man in front of him was deemed to be the most powerful man in the village, and the best guardian of it. The fact that Takeshi had been chosen sparked a new resolve into Mitsuo, his loyal student, and he couldn't help but feel proud of his sensei. He smiled when he heard this news, looking towards his sensei who was being so serious.

Don't worry Sensei, I will protect you. One day I will be your ANBU Captain, and when that day comes, I will never let any harm befall you, eh, nii-san?

His sensei's final words to him were the most important to him of all, though. "Hearing all of this, you must be able to understand what we must do next. It's been over due, but its time for me to train you personally. I'll need strong ninja from here on out, and you'll be one of them." Mitsuo felt a tremble through his spine as his sensei spoke these powerful words to him. He bowed low to his sensei in a sign of respect and also admiration.

"I am ready Sensei, I am ready to be one of the rocks on which this village shall rebuild. I will be your shining example of what it is to be of the Hidden Leaf, I will step up to the challenge, and I will become stronger, mark my words. The Will of Fire burns brightly in me, as it has with every Sarutobi the village has produced, and I shall pass on that Will of Fire. I shall not let you down, Hokage-dono..."

(1353/3000)

Takeshi

Takeshi

Retired
Takeshi smiled at Mitsuo's resolve to be a better shinobi. He would have to train himself hard to be able part of the foundations of this village. But then again, all the villagers were apart of the foundation that was set so many years ago. Now it was Takeshi's job to sure that this foundation remained intact for the next generation to build upon. As of right now though, they still had to recover from what happened, and part of that recovery was to make stronger shinobi. So that's what Takeshi was going to do with Mitsuo. He knew Mitsuo was already an excellent ninja, and his skills were where they needed to be for his new found rank. Takeshi could see so much more within him, so much more potential that had to be brought out. Takeshi knew this through personal experience, but also through the clan name. The famous God of Shinobi was in the Sarutobi clan, and they've always been received as prodigies amongst the other clans in Konoha, as well as other clans throughout the world. So that was even more evidence for himself that Mitsuo would be ready for the training ahead. Takeshi took off his jacket and did the Uzumaki sealing on it. This caused it to seemly disappear, but in reality it was in the void only known to other Uzumaki.

He was sure Mitsuo would make an name for himself one of these days. Even Takeshi himself was determined to make a name for himself. Even though he was the Hokage, it wasn't like he was able to be fully compared to the the other Hokage of times past. One of his personal goals was to put his name out there and be better than the first Hokage, Hashirama Senju. He didn't know how to do this, but he would figure something out. Along with this, he would make the Uzumaki clan world famous. Once again, he didn't know how to do this, but he was determind to do it. He looked through the records of all the past Hokage, and most of them never did anything mentionable. They only lived to die, nothing more or less, but Takeshi wouldn't let this happen for himself. He was going to do something, he didn't what, but he was going to do it. In the mean time, he would have to train himself up, like he plans to do with Mitsuo. After he sealed his jacket, he launched himself towards Mitsuo at full speed.

He opened up with his already wild fighting style and leapt up in the air. He then came back down with his left leg aimed directly for Mitsuo. After this attack, he would crouch and come back up with a lean right uppercut. "In order to be the best, you must sweat and bleed Mitsuo!Takeshi said with a voice full of fury. After this, he would assume a boxer's stance and throw a couple of jabs aimed for Mitsuo's torso. You can't use I'm weak as an excuse anymore. You must be ready for anything, that's what you sighned up for when you became a shinobi. The duty of the shinobi is to protect the village, but you can be so much more Mitsuo, I truly believe that!Takeshi was saying, each jab after every sentence. Never take your eyes off the opponent, you must be able to work your way out of every situation. Watch my fists, keep you eyes on them, and don't blink. These fists of mine are the only thing I have, you must be aware of everything that's happening. That even means paying close attention to the smallest detail.He was in a rhythm, it felt good to be able to flex his muscles after being in the office for so long.

He could have done this all day, it felt good to spar against someone. He knew that Mitsuo had gotten better, so no doubt he was able to dodge the punches that Takeshi was throwing at him. This however came to an end, because he was interrupted by the man he sent to get Mitsuo from the gate. The man was part of the information squad, so that also meant he was also in charge of gathering information about the recent attack. Takeshi stopped what he was doing as he made his over. Hokage sir, there is something that demands your attension. We've uncovered a few things. Takeshi moved away from Mitsuo as he didn't need to know about most of this stuff. When he was far enough for Mitsuo to be unable to hear, Takeshi stopped. Takeshi looked at the man and nodded, giving him the okay to continue. "Its about the crystals that was found around the fight area. It turns out that they were made up from the same stuff that the Yamada clan uses in their crystal release.Takeshi looked at the man, fury slowly building in his eyes. " The Yamada clan, they are from Iwagakure, correct?The man only nodded as he could tell that the Hokage was growing in rage. "Well for the most part that's where the Yamada come from, but there's always the possibly that he was from another village. Its even possible that he was born outside a village. This is knowledge we don't really know Hokage. Takeshi turned away from the man and looked at the village.

Takeshi could see that the village still needed to be worked on, and it made his blood to think that this could have been a planned attack on them by Iwagakure. If this was true, Takeshi would have to speak to the Tsuchikage himself. The man paused and then looked over to Mitsuo before looking back at Takeshi. There is also something else that you need to know Lord Hokage. Takeshi focused his attention back on the man, holding back his rage for another time. What else is there? More information about the attack? Takeshi said as he readied himself for even more bad news. Its about the Sarutobi clan, that boy's clan. Takeshi didn't turn over to look at Mitsuo because he didn't want to rise suspicion. Go on. Takeshi said in a low tone. The man nodded and began to speak. The head of the Sarutobi clan was found dead. This took Takeshi by surprise as he quickly replied with an why. Well, his body was found under a collapsed building. After interviewing several people, it has been thought that he was trying to save a woman and her daughter from an explosion. He successfully made move the small family, but. The man took a moment, which made Takeshi slightly irritated. The man however began to speak to again. Its not well understood but, apparently he was near the immediate area in which Tatsumaru used his explosion release, the one that made the crater. The force behind the blast sent him flying into a nearby building, and in turn a building fell on him. Its thought...or at least hoped that he didn't feel a thing but, we don't really know.

Takeshi couldn't believe what he was hearing. That jutsu did nothing more but cause more trouble than help, in more ways than one. Takeshi didn't know how to deal with this, he really didn't. The man offered to tell Mitsuo himself, but Takeshi denied. I want to tell him myself, you just go on a find out more about the attack. The man nodded and jumped away as Takeshi made his way over to Mitsuo to give him the bad news. Takeshi could feel something in his throat, something he hadn't felt for a long time. Was this, do I want to cry? Wow, I haven't done this in a long time, it kind of funny really, haha Takeshi made his way over to Mitsuo and put his hand on his shoulder. Listen, Mitsuo I need to tell you something important. Its about your father. He was found dead today, he was trying to help a woman and her daughter but...I didn't go quite as planned and he was crushed by a building. A single tear ran down Takeshi's face as he started to speak again. I'm sorry Mitsuo, I really am, but he can't be saved. Takeshi couldn't believe that he felt this way. He hadn't cried in years, he even forgotten what it felt like. He didn't like this feeling, he never wanted to feel like this again. He had no idea how Mitsuo would react to this, but he kept his hand on his shoulder.

[Learned Wind Cloak - 1600/1600]

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
His sensei came at him fast. Mitsuo barely had time to pull out his trusty Katana before the onslaught began. He wasn’t prepared entirely for this, but he also wasn’t completely unready when he was attacked, preparing to defend with all of his skill. Takeshi had leapt into the air, which was never a smart start to a match. Mitsuo took his blade into a high guard, laying the flat across his bracers so he wouldn’t cut his sensei as he attacked. The left leg was easily deflected by the blade and a movement down and forward to soften the blow and counter by pushing Takeshi off of him. After this Takeshi crouched and Mitsuo kept his high guard, preparing to bring the blade down to counter the next attack, which ended up being an uppercut, which he rolled to the side and hit his sensei’s hand with the flat of the blade once more to block.

"In order to be the best, you must sweat and bleed Mitsuo!” A few jabs came at his torso, which he twisted and turned to avoid, bringing himself backwards and turning his hilt so that he could use that to block the jabs instead, each jab being returned with a smack from the flat of the blade or swatted aside by the hilt. Mitsuo knew that his sensei was doing this as a demonstration, but it was also good to do slow work to improve your fighting, knowing that the muscle memory would grow and he wouldn’t forget these blocks.

“You can't use I'm weak as an excuse anymore.” Another jab, this one aimed to his side, which he rolled to the left to avoid and swatted with the flat of his blade. “You must be ready for anything, that's what you signed up for when you became a shinobi.” Two jabs, rapid succession towards his face. Mitsuo ducked and brought his high guard back up, the jabs being deflected by the blade once more. “The duty of the shinobi is to protect the village, but you can be so much more Mitsuo, I truly believe that!” Left, right, right, dodge, dodge, parry with a wrap to the knuckles.  “Never take your eyes off the opponent, you must be able to work your way out of every situation.” Familiarity was setting in. Shit, he knew that that wasn’t ever good. His sensei would be able to use it to his advantage if he picked up on the fact that Mitsuo wasn’t thinking to block, which was something he couldn’t have happen. He kept his eyes peeled and made sure his reflexes stayed sharp, continuing to block punch after punch, jab after jab, his eyes never leaving Takeshi.

“Watch my fists, keep you eyes on them, and don't blink. These fists of mine are the only thing I have, you must be aware of everything that's happening. That even means paying close attention to the smallest detail.” They were going back and forth now, Mitsuo was rolling with the punches and getting in counter jabs himself, his blade pointed back so that he wouldn’t be hitting Takeshi with it. Duck and weave, block, block, parry, counter, reverse, sidestep, duck, it was a never ending dance, or at least that’s what Mitsuo thought until a man approached them from behind and requested the Hokage’s attention. Mitsuo knew stuff like this was bound to happen now that Takeshi was Hokage and he didn’t complain, just moving aside and focusing on his blade techniques. His eyes did wonder over Takeshi, who although he would never mention or admit to it, looked a little distressed at the title. Mitsuo had become much better at reading his sensei in their time together, though it was uncommon for him to seem anything but determined and, at times, even cold and distant.

Mitsuo knew something was wrong and it didn’t take him too long to figure out, knowing from the look on Takeshi’s face that he wasn’t going to like this. He noticed that the man speaking to the Hokage was clutching a piece of cloth that looked oddly familiar to him but he couldn’t quite place his finger on why. The messenger stood perfectly still as Takeshi approached Mitsuo, a pained look on his face though he initially tried to hide it. Mitsuo wasn’t sure what was wrong but if it had bothered Takeshi so much it had to be something personal to him. Mitsuo was trying to think of the things that would upset Takeshi so much and honestly couldn’t think of something off the top of his head that would get his sensei so upset and bothered. When he found out what it was, though, he wished he didn’t know.

“Listen, Mitsuo I need to tell you something important. It’s about your father. He was found dead today, he was trying to help a woman and her daughter but...It didn't go quite as planned and he was crushed by a building.”

He was….dead?

Death…

Pain…

Family…

Mitsuo understood now, as he looked on through tear stained eyes and fogged up glasses, why Takeshi was so upset, as he had placed his hand on Mitsuo’s shoulder and shed a tear himself. He looked to the man behind Takeshi, who was holding the cloth and Mitsuo knew why it was so familiar. His father had worn it at all times, it was to symbolize that he was the head of the Sarutobi Clan. Mitsuo couldn’t think of anything to say, his reaction simply being. “No…”

“I'm sorry Mitsuo, I really am, but he can't be saved.”
Takeshi was crying, it just made the situation that much more real, that much more painful to Mitsuo. Mitsuo moved in and wrapped his arms around his sensei, not knowing what else to do. His father was all he had left, his sister having left the village long ago, and his mother and brother both having been killed. He cried heavily onto Takeshi’s shoulder, not being able to help himself at the moment and the release being truly needed. He thought back to right before the exams, when he had last spoken to his father…

I step out of my quarters in the Sarutobi Compound; my father is nowhere to be seen. I grab myself a bite to eat quickly, assuming that he is probably outside and there is work to be done. I only have one day before I leave for the Chuunin Exams, and I know my father is leaving tonight as well for a few days. As I walk out the door and through the courtyard I notice my father is sitting in the training area, meditating and completely silent. I do not wish to disturb his meditation but it seems as though he has sensed me, standing up quickly and holding out a hand, smiling to me in greeting.

“Come here, Little Mitsuo, and sit with me. I have something important to tell you before I leave, and I hope to get some work in with you as well.” Mitsuo does as his father asks. He is the Head of the Sarutobi Clan, a prestigious position to hold for one of the most well-known clans in the village. “You will be leaving for the exams tomorrow morning I take it Mitsuo?”

“Yes Father, I am meeting Kichirou at the village gates, and we will depart early.”

“Good, good. I’m sure he will make a good companion on your journey. That is not what I wanted to tell you though son. You are my legacy, the one who will carry on my name and head the clan when I pass on. I want you to know that I am extremely proud of you. There are a few things I need you to work on though. You are a Sarutobi, and as such, you should be able to use powerful Katon jutsu. Remember son, no matter what, that the Will of Fire burns brightly in us and you can draw your strength from that Will of Fire. It will never let you down, as long as you believe.” He takes an offensive stance, looking towards a pillar in front of him, and releases a large fireball, igniting the pillar instantly and leaving it charred. He then picks up a length of wire and runs a flame stream down it, making a pentagram out of fire around them. He looks to the fire and makes three clones of himself out of it. “I want you to be able to do these jutsus by the time you return Mitsuo; these will help you greatly in your journey in life, the rest I will leave up to you. I am proud of you son, and I love you deeply. I know you will make the Sarutobi Clan, and all of Konohagakure no Kato, proud at the exams.”

Mitsuo let go of his sensei and wiped his eyes, taking of his glasses and wiping them down. He then placed them back on his head so he could look at his sensei once more, and smiled through the sadness. He was hurting horribly and he imagined Takeshi  knew this to be true, but he had never let anything bother him so much that he couldn’t smile through it before the exams, and had resolved to not let it happen again. He shook his head slightly and looked towards his sensei. “I’ll be alright, sensei…My father left me something very important before I left for the Chuunin Exams… He left me his Will of Fire, and it will always burn on inside of me.”

He faced towards one of the faces and pulled a length of wire from his pouch, quickly creating two clones of himself, the two running forward and looping around with their two lengths of fire, and Mitsuo himself doing the same. Each of them made a crescent with the wire, interloping with one another. As they did so they each ignited their wire and when all was completed they had made the symbol of the Sarutobi Clan high upon the Hokage Mountain, where nothing would be able to burn away. Mitsuo smiled and launched a fireball into the air, his father’s final request to him having been completed while he was in Sunagakure. He walked up to the messenger and looked him in the eye, the messenger with a solemn look on his face still as he nodded to Mitsuo and handed him what he had in his hand.

‘I am sorry for your loss, Sarutobi, Mitsuo. It is my duty to inform you that, as of now, you are the head of the Sarutobi Clan. I hope you will be able to pass through the grieving stage with little pain, and that you will be able to move on after this tragic loss. The village will be looking to the Sarutobi in these times of trouble, as they always have, so you must be a rock.”

Mitsuo took the sash and removed his own, tying this one around his waist and making sure the Sarutobi Clan symbol was clear for all to see. He was the new head of the Sarutobi clan, he would not let his clan down, and he would make his father proud. He bowed to the messenger and walked back up to his Sensei. “Well this has been an eventful day indeed, eh sensei?”

(3258/3000 Katon B>A 258 towards A>S)

Takeshi

Takeshi

Retired
Takeshi still had his parents that he cared deeply for. They were the ones who raised him after all. They were the ones who he came to when he was hurt and needed a bandage. They supported him throughout his whole career of being a ninja. From the Genin stage to where he was now, and throughout the whole thing, they were proud. They were happy to see that their son was acheveing something in life. They would have been happy enough with him staying a Genin all of his life. It was enough for them that he actually graduated from the academy, something that a lot of people didn't actually get to do. Some of those people didn't actually have the skill to be a shinobi, so they either dropped out, or just quit. Even though the training the teachers put them through was hard at the time, Takeshi understood why they went through such a vigorus process. Still, they needed someone they could go to when they needed that extra push. For Takeshi, that was his parents, and for Mitsuo, that was more than likely his father. Even though Takeshi tried not too show it too much anymore, he still loved his parents. So he could only guess how Mitsuo felt right now. After that moment of pity for himself and Mitsuo, Takeshi wiped the only tear that fell for his eye away. He wouldn't want anyone to see him crying like this on accident, he had enough to deal with already.

His time was almost up, there was still one more surprise for Mitsuo. This was a good surprise, and hopefully would be the only surprise for a while. He didn't have a watch with him, but judging by his shadow and the sun, it was getting late. He still had some paperwork to do, so he couldn't stay up here for too much longer. He was expecting somebody though, so he was basically waiting on him. Just as he was thinking this, a woman appeared on the mountain. From the looks of her, she had been through many battles. Most of her body was hidden away by her traditional samurai armor. Takeshi wasn't familiar with this lady, since it wasn't her who he spoke to. She didn't say anything, she just kneeled to Takeshi while holding a box in both of her hands. Takeshi nodded and took the box from her hands, after which she left immediately. Holding the box in both his left and right hands, he opened the box up to see a note inside. Well Mitsuo, it looks like your package has arrived. I've been expecting this for some time now. This is a gift from your Master. I'm sure you know his name. He's impressed that you've became such an success here at the village. I had the blade sharpened along with some other things to make it a bit better. Now its in perfect condition and ready to be used.With that Takeshi place him hand on Mitsuo's shoulder. He would expect great things from him in the coming days.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.