You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mission Detail:

Unbeknownst to a certain gambler, sleeping soundlessly in the comfortable bed of his apartment, bed sheets askew, showing his black boxers to all the world, he was being stalked by a vicious predator. A predator who, while not a killer, have been a nuisance for mankind for eons. A predator who has had a hand in causing violent outburst, and grumpiness to all that fail victim to it. A predator who is the natural enemy of man, especially in the morning. A predator known by all as sunlight! Such a vile thing that had no enemy, except moonlight. And it was this predator that were currently snaking its way towards the prone figure of Kichirou, crawling up the edge of the bed, before finally reaching it's destination and attacking mercilessly. The prey in question didn't know what had hit him till it was to late, and as he fought against the adversary, he knew this battle had already been lost. For the predator were simply to strong and determined. So thus Kichirou woke up, no thanks to the sunlight that was dancing against the walls, as if it was laughing at the man's misfortune.

I hate you.” Leveling a glare, that could kill, at the sun rays peaking through the curtain, and waiting for it to respond – like it would. Laying there for a few minutes, Kichirou finally decided to get out of bed and start a morning ritual. A ritual that took him roughly thirty minutes to complete. Now with a towel wrapped around the waist, he idly wondered what his plans were for today, while searching through the drawers for clothing. The idea of visiting Akai were thrown out of the window, seeing how, because of certain incidents, the Hyuuga clan had her on heavy guard, basically making her a prisoner in her own home. He wondered how she were doing? Though that, again, was a stupid question. Pushing the thoughts away, he also threw the idea of gambling out of the window. While the activity was fun, some of the better gambling spots were becoming weary of his extreme luck and assumed that he been cheating – which he wasn't. Oh maybe he could do a mission, for the betterment of Konohagakure? Been awhile since he did one of those, his shinobi mission report looking pretty bare and lacking than others. So yeah, maybe that's what he should do today. Besides the money from doing them would be nice. And with that Kichirou finished getting ready and left the apartment.

Ten minutes, that's how long it took the green eyed genin to make it from his apartment to the mission hall, where he were now standing in line waiting to get a mission from the chuunin receptionist.

Here for a mission, Kichirou?” Asked the female receptionist, already going through the box of mission scrolls at the first sight of the gambler.

Yeah got anything for me?” The gambler asked.

Hmm yeah, I do. But can you do me a favor.” The receptionist asked, receiving a nod from the green eyed male.

“There is this genin. A female senju graduated recently. Will you mind teaming up with her for a mission? You know just to show her how things are done?”

Sure, what's her name?” The gambler asked, catching the scroll that contained the parameters for the given mission. He wouldn't bother opening it till his partner show up, so they can read it together.

Hey name is Senju Ukiyo. She should be here in a few minutes. . .” With that, Kichirou nodded and made his way outside of the mission hall – patiently waiting for his partner to arrive.

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo sits quietly on top a tree in the dense forest. She had been meditating since sunrise, though her thoughts were more disturbed than usual. She sits cross-legged with a scroll held in her tiger hand sign. A mission... The scroll contains a request by the Senju, saying the village has asked her to come in for a mission today. Asked, what a joke. She was told that as a genin she would begin receiving missions on a regular basis. She knew the day would come, but her mind was still troubled. After finishing her prayers, Ukiyo stands up on top the tree and looks at the sun on the horizon. She knows it’s inevitable. After a few moments of telling herself it would be different, that she wouldn’t succumb to the same tainted will as her parents, Ukiyo slides down the trunk of the tree and lands in sand-turned dirt bellow it. She lifts her head in the direction of the village and forces a grin. Only one way to find out.

Ukiyo catches looks every which way she goes; a 14-year old girl mostly covered in dirt that few have seen before is a bit unsettling to some. She tries to smile, but the knot in her gut is painfully loud. It screams of what the mission will be. You’ll be slaughtering the innocent! They’ll sacrifice you for research! Every step you take is another step alongside their plans. You should have never left your home. Ukiyo scrunches her face and grabs her stomach, she feels overwhelmingly sick. For a moment she dry heaves, and not surprisingly, a crowd forms around the strange girl. Upon realizing the scene she’s making, Ukiyo lifts her head up and runs through them towards the mission hall. She slows down, and surprisingly the knot inside her stomach dissipates. Ukiyo pays no mind to the man standing outside the building and proceeds to enter the mission hall.

Dark hair fluttered in the light breeze that swept through the streets of Konoha, a male leaning slightly amongst the mission hall building, eyes scanning across the masse of people, looking for the one who he were going to partner up with. Kichirou didn't know how long he had been waiting for the female Senju to show, nor did he care, as he rhythmically flipped a golden coin up in the air. It glistening as the sun rays reflect off of it. Before he could ponder on where his partner in crime was at, his eyes caught the fleeting strands of a female running by him. Now this wouldn't have been of any importance if said female didn't have green hair. Wait wasn't the one he was waiting for had green hair? Or at least that what he thought the receptionist told him.

Without pondering on the situation any longer, Kichirou ran into the mission hall, trying to get the girl's attention. Only after the girl stopped did the man stopped running, catching his breath, before green orbs looked into her own “You wouldn't happen to be Senju Ukiyo? If so we have a mission together.” He stated, waving the mission scroll a front of her to prove his point. Kichirou seriously hope that this was the individual who he were suppose to go on the mission with, for if not, this situation would surely be awkward.

By the way, I'm Taigen Kichirou.”

Sorry for the short post. We can get this mission going now ^^.

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
OOC: I think that's reasonable size haha. Sorry for the delay, I just did a bunch of errands+ate dinner.
IC:

Ukiyo looked at the man before her, unable to tell if he was coming off as nervous because of his fatigue or if he genuinely was. It doesn't matter. Ukiyo initially thought. But then she realized that this man would be going on a mission with her. A mission that for all she knew could be... She didn't want to think about it, the possible outcomes didn't matter. What did matter were two things: what this man's will was and what's in that scroll. Ukiyo wanted to learn as much about him as possible, so she mustered what little self control she had not to snatch the scroll from his hands. She looked him over, but all it really took was the relatively classy clothing and smell of soap to turn her off. What did I expect. She already didn't trust him, but her mind wasn't set in stone yet. She closed her eyes, grew a smile, and asked as dainfully as she could,
"I am Senju Ukiyo. May I have that scroll please?" Ukiyo held her arm behind her back with her other arm as it trembled. It all came down to this. This scroll. It was the only thing she could think about and it was mere inches from her face. As she reached her hand out in anticipation to accept it, she drummed up several questions she'd ask him. The moment that scroll was in her Ukiyo planned on interrogating this man to the core. Her nails dug into the back of her shirt, sweat formed at the top of her brow.

No, the gambler wasn't nervous, slightly fatigue, but that could be because of certain activities that will remain unknown to all other parties. The dark haired man was eternity glad that the woman, or rather girl, in question stopped. So maybe she was the one that he expected to go on a mission with? Chartreuse colored orbs stared intently into her eyes, betraying warmth and mischievous, that latter being nothing more than a flickering flame. Kichirou didn't bother in checking the female out, for that would be disturbing. She looked extremely younger than him. And he really didn't want the tittle of pedophile to be synonymous with his gambler titled. So instead, his eyes remained locked onto hers.

Nice to meet you Senju Ukiyo.” He said handing the Senju the scroll that contains the details for their missions, and bowing afterward in a sign of respect for such a prestigious clan. Though this wouldn't be the first time he met a Senju, so far all of them have been jerks, maybe this one would be different? Only time will tell. . .

So you ready to start his mission? You know how Madam Chiasa can get about her cat. Don't know why she didn't put a tracking collar on it.” The last part were mumbled under his breath, him only speaking after giving her a chance read the details of the mission. While the man would like nothing more but to learn more about the Senju in question, he knew that Madam Chiasa can be a pain in the ass when it comes to her cat.

"We can talk on the way. . ."

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo snagged the scroll out of the man's hands as fast as she could. She nearly tore it apart unraveling it and her eyes instantly began scanning (completely oblivious of Kichirou's bowing). It didn't take long for her to read the description, it was short and sweet; retrieve the cat without harming it. Cat... The word was so hsocking she almost thought she had forgotten what it meant. My first mission....is to catch a cat? Ukiyo felt weak. Her knot in her stomach was replaced by a void. She had no clue what to feel. The news was an incredible relief and yet bothered her immensely, simply because of how different it was than what she had been expecting. She reread the scroll, sure that she must have misunderstood. That's when Kichirou asked her if she was ready to start, and commented about the cat, its owner, and something about a collar. It was exactly as she had read it. Ukiyo's face lit up, her smile went from petite and completely for show to cheek-to-cheek and genuine in an instant. She giggled and hugged Kichirou, then looked up at him "LET'S FIND THAT CAT!" She grabbed Kichirou by the wrist and began running out the building.

When the two got outside, Ukiyo remembered her original desire to learn more about her partner. It wasn't nearly as important now, but none the less it was a matter that should be attended to. The two of them began heading in the direction of the dense forest at a steady pace. "Please tell me about yourself. I know you're a gambler. Oh and that you cheat. And if I had to guess you probably drink too. You only started showing up around the forest's 'hotspots' recently. Why is that? What do you hope to get out of your life as a shinobi?" It was now that Ukiyo remembered seeing him bow to her out of the corner of her eye earlier. "You are older than me and we are of the same rank. Why did you bow to me before?"

Kichirou didn't seem phrased at all, when Ukiyo snatched the scroll from his hands, almost tearing it in the process. If anything the man wanted to chuckle at the teenager's antics, but held in such an action. Chartreuse orbs watched in amusement, or was it curiosity, at the numerous of expressions that danced across her face. The mission probably wasn't what expected. Than again the teachers in the academy never told the truth about the life of a shinobi, only sugarcoating and hyping it up, in order capture the students interest. Unknowingly all of those who go through the academy were introduce to shinobi rule #1 deception.

A small but yet warm and welcoming smile spread across his face, eyes dancing with the same emotions, returning the smile that she gave him. He were thoroughly surprised when the teenager hugged him, him returning the hug as well. Ukiyo were so small within his embrace, that it wasn't even funny. Green eyes connected with hers as she spoke, and before he could reply, he were being dragged(willingly) by the green haired male out of the building. The smile still remained on his face, while some people were giving him looks of amusement, at the comical seen.

Seems like you already know who I am?” Teased the gambler, the pair of them moving towards the dense forest. Kichirou were surprised that the woman knew so much about him. Though on the other hand, the information she knew was general stuff. Maybe he should satisfied her with the information she desires? “As you know, my name is Taigen Kichirou. I'm a gambler. As for cheating? I don't cheat, for where is the fun in that? Yeah you'll win all the time but you can appreciate the joys of the unknown, if you cheat. The only thing you should cheat at is life, for you only have one, might as well make the best of it.” He stated, pausing for a moment to collect his thoughts.

Yeah, I drink every now and then. But in this profession you'll find the need an outlet of sorts, to forget about the horror you will face.” Again he mentally paused, shaking away the morbid thoughts.

I'm not originally from Konohagakure. And I venture the forest hotspots because mostly shinobi go there and it's fun to win from fellow colleagues.” Kichirou stated, not bothering in telling the female where he was born at. While she seemed trustworthy one couldn't be so sure nowadays,

Funny story. I only became a shinobi a shinobi out of a whim. I could happily been intent with being a regular civilian. As for what I want out of the profession? Not the fame nor fortune that could possibly come from it. Just the adventure and possibilities of meeting new people. That's what I want from this occupation.” Right when the words left out his mouth, the pair would arrive at the entrance of the dense forest.

You are a Senju. And I'm clan-less. Your clan founded this village. So I should show some respect, right?” He said, it being more like a statement than a question. While the man wasn't clan less like he said stated, he didn't won't many people to find out about his clan status for they have a tendency to act differently around him.

Meow. Meow Meow

The sounds of the cat purring on his shoulder broke the man at out is muse. Wait! A cat on his shoulder!? When did this – Glancing at the cat, Kichirou noticed it was the one they were suppose to catch and before he could grab the feline. . .it scratched him across the face, before spring boarding off the male and running deeper within the forest.

We shall not talk about this. . .” Kichirou mumbled, wiping the blood away from his face and started heading in the direction where the cat went.

666 out of 600 words. . .mission still ongoing

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
“I assumed because you win a lot and that’s the word going around; you seem to be growing quite the reputation. I’d be careful if I were you. Or not I guess, who cares.” Ukiyo gave a devilish smile and winked.

”I meditate to calm my mind if I’m troubled. Alcohol is a poison, for both mind and spirit. It suppresses feelings you should address. But I guess I wouldn’t know, seeing as I haven’t been in true combat yet..“ Ukiyo smiled, a little embarrassed at her inexperience. Her eyes drifted off to the left at the sight of Kichirou’s troubled look; the usual concerns arising in the back of her mind. True combat… It really is that bad isn’t it.

Not from Konoha? Ukiyo’s curiosity had finally been provoked. She’d never met anyone from outside the village before, and as such didn’t know what to think. Her initial impression was distrust, but upon reflection realized that for all she knew (and thought) Konohagakure could be evil and everywhere else good. An outsider.. Ukiyo’s eyes widened as her bright green eyes took in as much of this man as possible. Before she could ask where he was from, Kichirou began answering her next question.

Ukiyo was very distraught by this answer. A shinobi with no will? But why? He could so easily be used for some other’s objectives. I guess that could be good, but the evil in this world is so eager to find tools for its goals. He could play into anyone’s hand and not even notice. Or worse yet, not even care… The thought then occurred to Ukiyo that he could just be covering the truth from her. This upset her a great deal more, and led to a feeling of great distrust. Ukiyo planned to interrogate him later about this, but for now, he was still talking.

At the sound of the name Senju, Ukiyo’s gaze turned dead ahead. Her eyes dimmed to a green-pale yellow, devoid of light. It is as if the name of the very ninja who killed her parents had been spoken. She spoke in a brittle, low tone of voice. ”The Senju founded this village after years of violence. To this day they preach of peace and love while slaughtering droves of foreign shinobi. To accomplish this they knowingly send ninja to their deaths. Having an Uchiha for hokage is no better either. The two clans have always been out for blood, and I do not think anything has changed.” Ukiyo’s grim expression displayed no hate for the clan(s), in fact she sounded as if she had no concern for them at all. She spoke of them as if she didn’t care whether they lived or died, a feeling Ukiyo reserved for those she deems to be less than scum.

Meow. Meow Meow

At the sight of a cat on her new acquaintance’s shoulder, Ukiyo’s eyes lit up again. They returned to their usual emerald and her smile stretched wide again too. It was as if she had completely forgotten what she was just a moment ago talking about. ”Kiiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyy-“ Ukiyo squealed excitedly. Her thoughts went wild, she loved cats (all animals for that matter). She began thinking about how cute it was, how cuddly it looked on Kichirou’s shoulder, how incredible it’d be if the little guy would lick his face, and began giggling at the thought of Kichirou’s blush. She grinned excitedly as she went to pet it, but was cut off by the cat’s sudden attack. Ukiyo’s expression switched to one of innocent curiosity, oh?. She could tell the man was embarrassed by the surprised attack, be it by his expression or his words. Either way, Ukiyo found the turn of events hilarious. She couldn’t help but burst out laughing, catching herself as she leaned forwards and emptied her lungs of all the laughter they could bare. She began standing straight, but upon seeing his expression again, couldn’t help but begin the hysteria anew. Before she knew it, Kichirou took off after the cat, and when she opened her eyes again to discover she was alone, the look of innocent curiosity returned. Kichirou? Ukiyo turned around to see he had begun chasing the cat, and immediately began running after the two of them. ”Wait up cat toy! Scratching post! Mr. Mew!” Ukiyo giggled as the two of them sank deeper into the forest.

The chase let on for quite a while without much results. The beast was nimble and dodged their lunges effectively. It wove in and out of trees and bushes, its size proving to have the advantage as the terrain began to narrow. Ukiyo knew where they were and had had enough of the chase. ”Keep after it.” She told Kichirou as she jumped up into the canopy of branches. The fork leading to the stream is just up ahead. If I can get there before they do, I should be able to cut off the left path with my jutsu, leaving the stream as the cat’s only option. Ukiyo haven’t had much experience catching cats before, but she had seen strays come through the forest quite often. Water was not their strong suit. She sprang forward through the trees, heading towards the fork and making her hand signs.

Really? Did she had to give him nicknames that were associated with the cat? Really!? Wasn't it bad enough that his face got redecorated by the cat's claws? Despite his annoyance with the names that Ukiyo decided to bestow on him, the gambler couldn't help but to smile and chuckling along with her. For the indeed were funny nicknames.

Yeah, laugh it up. I will get you back for this.” He stated, green eyes showing mischief and the promise of retribution in them. Oh yes, Kichirou would surely get Ukiyo back for those nicknames. One can bet on that. As the pair made it deeper into the forest, chasing after the feline that were dodging and weaving through their captures attempts with relatively ease, Kichirou idly wondered if this was a normal cat. Such pointless pondering almost cause the green eyed male to be clipped by an extreme low branch, luckily he dodged it in time. Yeah that was to close for comfort.

Very well. . .” Kichirou stated, eyes watching Ukiyo disappear into the forest canopy. It seemed like the teenager knew this forest, just as well as he did(though not as much as she did). And it was because of this knowledge that he had some irking of what the plan was. Spotting the cat a few meters ahead of him, looking at the man in a bored like manner, Kichirou gave chase once more – leading or was it herding, the cat to the fork ahead. He mentally hope whatever she had planned worked, though if needed he would use a jutsu of his own.
Any time now.” He shouted, spotting the stream ahead of them. The cat in question was already bracing itself to turn to the left, it's sharp claws digging into the earth, long tail balancing it, body whipping around

I'm going to make it!” The cat thought to itself

Would the noble cat succeed in escaping it's pursuers? Or will it be caught and brought back to the prison known as the Daimyo palace? Only time will tell. . .

349+666 = 1015 out of 100

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo saw the two approaching the fork and was well prepared for it. She sprang up off a branch and threw some seeds down onto left-ward path. Right as the cat made its turn, Ukiyo activated her jutsu, and a wall of bamboo sprouted up from the ground. The cat was actually quite close to the wall when it began growing, and attempted to jump over it. The feline made its two front paws over the wall, but the speed at which the bamboo sprouted made it too difficult to simply pull itself up and launch past the obstacle. The cat insteda planted its hein legs on the face of the wall and sprang off, spinning a 180 in the process. It hit the ground running in the opposite direction, towards the river. Ukiyo dropped down to Kichirou and the two of them gave chase.

Soon, the cat was trapped between them, thick brush, and the raoring water it so feared. Kichirou began walking towards the freightened/hostile beast, but Ukiyo placed her hand on his shoulder and stopped him. She threw a few more seeds on the ground towards the cat, then positioned herself about 10 meters away from it. Ukyio spoke in a high pitched voice, “Mew? Mew, mew! Mmmmeewww..” She slowly lowered herself to the ground and, when low enough, fell over onto her back. She lifted her legs into the air and began a peddling motion, along with using her hands to “paw” the air. Ukiyo closed her eyes and gave a wide yawn, displaying her teeth in all their “ferocity”. When she finished, she closed her mouth in a smile and kept her eyes closed.

“Mew?”  Ukiyo’s experience with all types of animals has led her to understand the body language involved, and how to convey trust. The cat stood at attention still, though its tail began rising and its back lowered a bit. Its relaxing, this might just work. In all its curiousity, the cat began very cautiously moving towards the two of them. A little bit further fella, come on. When the cat was in range, Ukiyo made her hand sign and activated the seeds she had placed. Gotcha. Suddenly two vines sprouted from the ground and entangled the unsuspecting victim. The cat thrashed, digging its teeth and claws into the vines with all its might, but it was no use. The cat had been secured, whether it liked it or not.

408+880= 1288

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.