You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stop the Vandal!(Mission, D-Rank) Empty Stop the Vandal!(Mission, D-Rank) Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

Daremo

S-rank
The elderly are the most precious limited resources in the world today. They are able to give sound advice to the younger generations, due to them having lived in a more harsher time period. The wisdom they hold is invaluable, but yet many don't take the time to talk to them. Seeing them as nothing more then old cranky coots who, doesn't know anything about life. When in fact they know more about life than they are given credit for. Prime example being Old man Kareru.

One of the few living relics of a much tougher time. A man who if one took the time to talk to has a treasure trove of knowledge; having survived some of the many conflicts that plagued Konohagakure. A man who personally knew Kurama Ritsuka and his family, seeing how little Kozakura was able to warm his cold heart every time she came around . He was also apart of Ritsuka's history and helped him get through her death, a fool he isn't though, knowing the young man haven't gotten over her death. Such a tragedy. Maybe it was that reason why a smile almost tugged across his wrinkly features, when he saw the young teenager at his doorstep about to knock on the door.

“Come on in Ritsuka-kun. You know you don't need to knock. My home is always open for you.”Kareru said taking out a batch of freshly baked cookies, not bothering to turn around to the door opening and closing.

“Cookie?”

The day and a half genin in question, simply raised his eyebrow at the old man who placed the stray of steaming cookies on the table, antics. Many might be surprise that Old Man Kareru can actually be nice, but Ritsuka knew that despite his mean spirited ways he's generally nice – to him that is. Though he still threads carefully knowing full well that the old coot can be as firey as a rattlesnake or any other ill-tempered animal. Kareru was there when he needed, and for that he'll always have Ritsuka's respect. Though the greenhorn genin had a sneaky suspicion that the coot knew more about his condition the others. That lurking deep within his soul is a monstrous beast waiting for the perfect opportunity to surface.

“I'll pass.”

“Ah, that's to bad. Anyway, how are you?” The coot asked leaning against his cane happily chewing on the sweet pastry.

“Well, Mr. Kareru I'm actually here about the vandals that have been terrorizing a certain cranky old man. Know anyone who I'm talking about?” Ritsuka said completely dodging question and proceeding to get on with the mission.

“Street youth.” The way he spit the words out would have made a lesser person recoil. “Those good for nothing street youth! No, manners! No respect! Where are their parents!? Back in my day I would have gotten a good ass beating. Disgusting. Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Let me show you.”

Mentally shrugging, Ritsuka followed the man outside who proceeds to take him to the right side of the house, stopping in front of a crude drawing of a smiley face and the words 'Nananananana' painted in red spray paint. Graffiti art can be beautiful in some cases, but in this instant it were down right ugly and childish

“This isn't the first time some street youth had vandalized my place. Probably won't be the last times if someone doesn't stop them. Guess that's why you hear?” Ritsuka simply nodded. “The street youth who does this usually do so at night. A few hours from now, so care to humor an old man till then?”

“I don't have a choice do, I?” Ritsuka ask following the man back inside the house.

“Nope! Besides my wife want to see you again.”

“Isn't she dead?”

“By who's logic?”

And with that statement the pair enter the house, Kareru because it was extremely hot outside and Ritsuka to plan out how he's going to catch the vandal in question.

Nightfall came by rather quickly for the duo who had now went their own ways, Kareru sitting on the couch watching Tv, listening to the sounds of the rocking chair going back and forth and the clinking of her knitting needles. Ritsuka, himself had found a relatively comfortable spot on the roof of the house, listening to the sounds of nature, waiting for something to happen. For the most part is has been quite, well except for the chatting of couples, giggling of girls, ectera. Walking by every now and then. Yes, everything were peac-

“Hehehe, this going to be so awesome! Oh man. What should I draw this time? Maybe a peace sign? Yin-Yang symbol? Naw, what about –“ Akane Fuji, the ten year old vandal musing were cut short with the sudden appearance of Ritsuka, who had placed a hand on his shoulder, after jumping from the roof.

“Do I even need to presume, if you are the vandal or not?” Ritsuka asked. His hand swiftly grasping the spray paint can out of Akane's left hand, lazily twirling it around out of boredom, while increasing the pressure on the boy''s shoulder making him whimper slightly.

“Akane Fuji, ten years of age. Overall cocky and arrogant, believing mother dearest can get you out of anything. In short you're a brat. Now do you have anything to say for yourself, before I take you to your mother who will make you apologize to Kareru and clean of this mess?”

Fear washed over Akane's face like a tsunami at the mention of his mother finding out about this incident. She's so going to freak out and beat the liven daylights out of him. Yes, Mrs. Aoi wasn't one of the soft disciplinarians of today's era but an old school one. If you did something wrong, expect to get a beating. She wholeheartedly believe that beatings do a worlds of good, more so than a disgustingly favored 'timed out' routine. And it was that reason why Akane feared his mother so much. Oh man he's surely going to get it. Seeing how escape were futile, Akane simply nodded and began walking towards his house.

One thing was for sure.

His ass will be hurting for weeks now.
“Funny isn't, all of this was caused because of the absence of a stable parental/mentor figure in his life. A single mother who working two jobs to provide food and clothes for the family. A father who's constantly in and out of the picture, not caring an ounce for the offspring he created. A crying shame.”Ritsuka could only nod at the man's words, as they both, along with the mother, watched young Akane scrubbing off the graffiti on the side of the house.

After being led back to Akane's house, Ritsuka told Mrs. Aoi what he caught her son doing, the latter backing up the claim knowing lying would be pointless. The genin was treated to the sight of Akane getting a beating, before the three of them walked back to Old man Kareru's house, Akane and Mrs. Aoi aplogizing. The latter more for her son behavior. It was only when Kareru became a little noisy did they founded out about her situation. Needless to say Kareru was almost touched by their circumstances. And I do mean ALMOST. He still made the boy clean his house though. . . thus bringing us back to the present.

“You know Ritsuka-kun. You could be that boy's mentor or big brother figure. Seeing how he now wants to become a ninja because of you. Saying an I quote. . . I want to be a ninja like nii-san” Kareru said, the last part coming out in a boy-ish type manner.

Ritsuka almost forgot about that. Apparently he had made a big impression on Akane and now the youth wanted to follow in his footsteps.

Foolishness.

Ritsuka didn't even reply back to the old coot's words, instead made his way towards the administration office, seeing how Akane was finishing up, to report the completed mission.

Kareru only shook his head at Ritsuka-kun antics and turned back towards his house, but not before saying something that surely the genin would hear.

“Little Kozakura, wouldn't like to see you suffer like that.”

Word Count: 1477||600

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.