You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
It had been at least a week since Koryu had been in Kirigakure proper, or had it? He wasn’t exactly sure. Things were usually like that after a lengthy training session. But, now he was back in the village and it was time to recharge his batteries. Perhaps even test his mettle against a few of his former classmates. Well, that last bit would have to wait until tomorrow. The soreness in his body made it difficult to even walk right now. The idea of heading back to the Koguya Temple for the night had crossed his mind, so in need of rest was he, but the call of ramen was far stronger than that of his bed. It was because of that call that Koryu found himself somewhere in the city, a familiar street full of various delectable treats.

Koryu brushed the alabaster tresses that had fallen over his face out of the way as a heavy sigh escaped his barely pursed lips. He was so close and yet so far from the noodle goodness that awaited him. His white gi flowed somewhat in the light breeze as he strolled further down the street toward his goal. Upon his legs were a pair of equally white loose fitting pants that hung over the black pair of shinobi sandals he wore. Unfortunately all this white clothing had been stained by days out in the wilderness and bore various brown, green and even red stains. Some it dirt, some of it grass and other plants, but much of it his own blood and sweat. He might have even looked homeless to some were iit not for those pair of crimson dots on his forehead. Those little markings screamed the name of his clan and furthermore his place of residence; Kaguya Temple.

His eyes wandered up to the moon that hung so proudly in the night sky for a moment. He was reminded of a conversation he and his father had had beneath a similar sky many years ago. It wasn’t a fond memory, unfortunately, and drew his attention from his journey. The distraction would probably be costly… or maybe not. Time would tell.

[Word Count: 362]

Sachihiro

Sachihiro

D-rank
The boy hadn’t been in the city very long and he was still trying to figure out the lay of the land. He had just recently been inducted into the Kiri-Konoha exchange program and he found himself with a lot of free time between missions at the moment. He hadn’t thought of training as he preferred getting acquainted with the locals beforehand, finding small talk an enjoyable activity. Postponing training sessions for the time being as he embraced his tourist side and worked his way throughout various noteworthy locations.

His social personality was both a strength and a weakness. Having interacted throughout his dorms with other exchange shinobi, he was at a loss when developing his ninjutsu. He knew it was something he had to catch up even promising himself that by next week “I will develop on my jutsus.” For the timing however, he found himself a little lost. He had only walked these streets a few days so aside from main roads he was a little unfamiliar the smaller streets and alleyways.

Holding the map that was provided to him through the Kiri Administrations program, everything seemed jumbled together as he neared the center of the city. Turning it a few times just to make sure he was headed the right direction. He was looking for a good place to eat, perhaps one of the local restaurants one of his friends had recommended. The land of waves was well known for its oceanic delicacies which had lead him to the food vendor’s district.

“Jitsuko’s Ramen” he thought to himself. One of the locals had recommended this place. They described it as a traditional ramen restaurant with a limited menu, but absolutely delicious choices. Very popular among the locals and tourists alike, his mouth watered at the thought of trying something new.

However, he was amongst a sea of people. Crowds flocking from vendor to vendor, the motion was nearly disorienting. People focused too much on where they were going the young Senju couldn’t find the chance to stop them and ask for directions. That was until he spotted a white-haired youth, solemnly standing amongst the waves of people. He found the chance and approached the young man.

“Um, excuse me” He tapped on his shoulder and presented him the map “would you by any chance know where” he paused as the restaurant’s name nearly escaped him “Jitsuko’s Ramen might be around here?”

WC: 413

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
It turned out that the distraction hadn’t been as costly as one might have thought it would be. He’d avoided the obligatory collision with a bystander despite having lost himself in the face of the moon. A small victory in the larger scheme of things but one that perhaps saved both young men the trouble of a sour encounter. Not that things couldn’t make a turn for the worst at any moment, especially considering Koryu’s propensity for what amounted to temper tantrums. Maybe everything would go fine though and this would be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Koryu was drawn from the moon by the light tap of a finger against his shoulder. Slowly, he twisted his head about to have his eyes fall on - nothing. He’d expected a much taller person to be present. Confusion flashed across the young shinobi’s face for a moment before he finally found just who was now speaking to him. It was a younger boy, and far shorter. At first glance his soft features made Koryu think he might have just been a lost child, but after further inspection it became clear that this was not the case. No, this youngster was a shinboi, perhaps one even more skilled than he. Furthermore, he wasn’t from Kirigakure. This was a Konoha shinobi. Koryu was aware of the stories, the war so long ago and the kind of shinobi Konoha had produced. There was power in that place, power that he assumed was more than likely the case even now. A moment of jealousy crept in. Perhaps had he been born in Konoha, away from the members of his clan, away from his father he might have been allowed to go to the academy like this boy. Instead he’d had to wait until he was nearly 16 to attended and had only managed to finally graduate a few months ago.

”Jitsuko’s,” Koryu started, almost as if he were unfamiliar with the place. ”That’s a good idea.” He continued. “I can take you there, I’m in the mood for some Ramen, myself.” He finished with a slight smile. A moment later he’d already began walking regardless of Sachihiro’s response. His assumption was that the young man would follow him. “Kaguya Koryu,” He introduced himself. “and you’re?” He looked at the Konoha shinobi as he asked his name. More questions would come, but he’d give the youngster a moment before he began his interrogation.

[Word Count: 417]

Sachihiro

Sachihiro

D-rank
“Oh. Uh. Okay!” the boy almost laughed as the young man proceeded to lead his way through the crowd without a second thought. It was definitely better than being told directions and on top of that, it seemed he’d be having a meal with someone. An idea he was always open to. He contently followed beside the white haired shinobi as he now introduced himself.

“Kaguya? A Kaguya?” He thought in surprise as he spotted the two red dots hiding just under the unkempt hair. Although not one to jump to conclusions, he couldn’t help but picture the clan’s barbaric beginnings and vile end. He looked at the young man’s arms, half expecting a bone or two to protrude and nearly shuddered at the thought. He had recently heard of their resurgence and wasn’t sure what to think of a formerly violent clan being brought back into fruition. These people are practically living weapons.

Despite his newfound uneasiness amongst the man, he kept to his calm and kind disposition “I’m Senju, Sachihiro. It’s nice to meet you!” he remarked and without a second thought, offered him a handshake.
“I’m new here” and proceeded to point at Koryu’s wrist band “I see you’re a shinobi from Kiri.” Making light of the fact that their two countries had formed an alliance a few years back. Bringing some comfort into the conversation he continued “How about I pay for your Ramen? From one ally to another?” an offer he was happy to bring up.

Not one to antagonize a stranger, he made especially sure not to get on this young man’s bad side. Not letting the clan’s former reputation of savagery get to his head he reminded himself not to dictate his attitude toward the Kaguya.

“Rather, just stay calm and treat him as you would any other person” he thought.

320/737

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
Koryu reached behind himself and rubbed the small of his back. He’d been training rather hard the past week or so and things were still a bit sore. He silently cursed his body for betraying him the way that it did. Was it not enough that he was plagued by a hereditary illness, one that his father had never bothered to grace the youngster with the name of? Was it not enough that the abilities his family had become renowned for hadn’t manifested in him until he was fourteen? Nope, it wasn’t apparently. His body had decided that atop all of that it would twist his spine every so slightly. Not enough to be noticeable by anyone but him when his back began to ache. Koryu sucked his teeth lightly in disgust. No matter though, there were more pressing matters at hand; ramen.

Senju Sachihiro. That was the strangers name. This further confirmed the notion that he was in fact from Konoha. Senju was one of the few clan names Koryu had bothered to memorize during his studies. They were a fascinating bunch. He didn’t quite understand how their kekkei genkai actually worked but it was impressive nonetheless. He even thought it somewhat similar to his own. At least in part. Both clans manipulated nature in a way that was unique to them. The Senju the fauna of the world and the Koryu the very innards of themselves. Perhaps together they could create something wondrous. That is if this young shinobi proved worth building a friendship with.Then again… Politics were a fickle thing. Just how long would their villages consider one another allies? Just how long would it be before they were forced to face one another under the blanket of war? Koryu nodded at the Konoha Shinobi and took the hand that he’d offered. ”Nice to meet you too.” He said with a slight smile that didn’t seem to match his rather flat tone. ”Now that just wouldn’t be right. You’re a guest in my home,” He replied, a little more emphasis on the word ‘my’ than was probably necessary. ”I’ll treat you.” He finished with a smile. ”It’s only right. Besides, you’re fresh in town. I should definitely be paying for your meal.” He added. ”What brings you to Kirigakure, Sachihiro?” He further questioned, both curious and simply being nosey.

Jitsuko’s wouldn’t be much further away, but Koryu had slowed his pace. The ache in his back had begun to bother him, though he wouldn’t show it - or at least tried not to. Thus a walk that should have only taken the pair just a few more minutes would be almost doubled, but they’d be there soon. And not a moment too early as Koryu’s stomach began to growl angrily at him. In less time they’d soon see the relatively small sign that hung above the famed establishment and when that moment came Koryu’s stomach would only grow angrier with anticipation. In the meantime a conversation would have to work to satiate the teen’s hunger for knowledge and a worthy opponent to test his strength against. Though the latter would most definitely have to wait for another day. There was no way he was going to be up to a fight tonight. Not that he thought he’d lose. Of course not, he was Kaguya Koryu the strongest of them all! Or at least he would be, one day - soon. And when that day came the world would be reminded of why the Kaguya had become so infamous...

[Word Count: 600 / 1,379]
Sorry this response took me so long, work has been crazy. I'm going to get better with my time so you're not waiting so long.

Sachihiro

Sachihiro

D-rank
The boy now eagerly following the white haired man, the boy was surprised at the young teen’s insistence on buy him dinner. He was flattered, and with that forwardness he chose not to further insult the man’s counter offer and simply nodded. Why bother fighting over it anyway? He was a guest after all, so might as well delve in the joys of charity. Though he wasn’t used to it himself, almost tempted to ask what this shinobi of the mist would want in return.

In this he saw a newfound ally. With talents nearly parallel in his ability to weaponized his body. Quite comparable to the Senju’s ability to create wood from their own their cells. A talent many seemed to hunger for, where he himself found it mundane at times. To him, to protrude one’s bones was an even more commendable feat. The boy watched the teen rub his back, making note of the hidden but somewhat noticeable discomfort in his face. Figuring he’d ask about it once they more well acquainted, but for now he simply answered.

“Well, I’ve been wanting to explore the world and gather some wisdom from it. I figured one of the better places to start would be in the allied states. It’s much easier to get permission to visit to be honest, so there wasn’t any time wasted. Plus, it’ll help me brush up on my water techniques!” he exclaimed excitedly.

The two youngsters walked past a few crowds, as they began rushing for cover. It seemed as though there was store coming and the boy came undoubtedly prepared. He wasn’t used to this sort of humidity and the rains seemed to creep up on everyone when it was least… or most expected. He didn’t deny his lack of preparation however and even at that, he preferred the rains. It brought comfort to him.

“So…” he was interested in getting to know the Kaguya a little more so he pestered a bit “How’s it like being a shinobi here in Kirigakure?”
As the first few drops began to fall on the two, they had already reached their destination. There it was, a neon sign, aged but kept tidy proudly showcased the famous restaurant. “Jitsuko’s Ramen” cutely adorned with a caricature of what could properly be assumed to be Jitsuko herself. The owner of said restaurant.

The two walked and the little bells chimed. They happily greeted by a little old lady who introduced herself “Hello! Welcome to Jitsuko's! I’m Jitsuko” she smiled as she pointed at herself “Please, have a seat!” she sweetly waved them over as she sat them down at a small booth with a window view. The place wasn’t busy at this hour it seemed, as there was simply another couple sitting at the far end of the restaurant. Jitsuko handed them their menus and brought a pen “So. What would you like for drinks?” She asked.

“Water, please” the boy asked.

509/1246

OOC: Lol all good man. I'm a little relieved. I've been working like hell too :P No hurries, honestly. Everyone has lives outside of the website. No need to feel guilty.

Last edited by Sachihiro on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
Koryu nodded at Sachihiro’s response. ”Good reason. You can definitely learn a lot here in Kirigakure. There are a lot of strong shinobi here. I’m sure one of them would be more than willing to help you with suiton techniques.” He said with a grin. There was a hidden message in his words, however, a point to be made. The shinobi of Kirigakure are strong. It was a silent reminder and perhaps even challenge to the young Konoha Shinobi. Not that it was all that important and probably didn’t really come off like that at all, but that was Koryu’s logic behind his choice of words. “I think I’d like to travel one day as well. My mother used to tell me stories of the world outside the Land of Mist. I’d like to see some of those places.” [s]And destroy them.[/s]

The young Kaguya paused for a moment to ponder Sachihiro’s question. Just what was it like being a shinobi of Kirigakure? ”Boring.” He said flatly without thought. ”I wasn’t fortunate enough to be sent to Suna to aid during,” He paused. ”while whatever it was that was happening there was happening.” He really didn’t know much beyond rumor at this point. ”Considering what people are saying it sounds like I missed a great battle, which is frustrating. So, I’m stuck on patrol and menial things. So, yeah, boring.” There was a lack of concern for the people of Suna, but it wasn’t intentional. One of the lessons his father had taught him was that battle was to be sought out and enjoyed to the utmost. What had happened in Suna would be remembered for years. It was unfortunate that the Kaguya hadn’t had a chance to make a name for himself there. In truth, somewhere in himself he believed that had he been present the outcome might have been different. It most certainly would not have but a boy could dream.

A few moments later the pair had arrived at Jitsuko’s and found themselves a place to sit. Jitsuko introduce herself and Kaguya offered up a wide grin. Finally it was time to feed his stomach and replenish his vitality. He’d already been assigned to patrol tonight, the graveyard shift at that, and this food was going to make that possible. Unfortunately, he didn’t know that tonight’s patrol would end fairly badly, but that was a story for another time ( Test Your Might! [D Rank Solo Mission] ). ”I’ll have a water as well.” Best keep the sugar down. He couldn’t afford to soar on a sugar high and then crash later. ”I know what I want, but my friend here has never been. What would you recommend for a first timer?” Koryu asked of Jitsuko. ”I’d personally recommend the Tonkotsu, it’s got rich and creamy pork broth with braised chashu pork, black garlic oil, and green onions, sesame seeds, fried garlic, nori and fishcake but what do you think, Ms. Jitsuko?” He further expanded on his initial question.

[Word Count: 513/1892]

Sachihiro

Sachihiro

D-rank
“Oh yeah! I’ve had the fortune to meet a few that used the element to create some amazing jutsu! Something I’m a bit too advanced for my capabilities to be honest. But it can truly be quite a sight.” Daydreaming of the possible techniques he would be able to draw inspiration from and soon craft jutsus of his own. Inspired by the few but prominent shinobi he had encountered.

“Really?” he asked, he had heard about the troubles Suna had been having although he hadn’t taken notice of any relief programs. What with him just out of the Academy just now taking missions he hadn’t found a chance to consider providing the aid. Not knowing of how much troubles they were facing. The boy was very charitable after all, always offering to lend a helping hand. He had already proven this by offering to pay for the Kaguya’s meal, though the teen kindly made a counter offer that felt would be rude if he had refused. Another charitable soul seemed to be in his company a thought that brought him a fair amount of comfort. However the need for a battle in a war zone brought some worry. Perhaps he’d return the favor of a payed meal with a friendly spar, it would seem like a kind gesture from shinobi to another. Perhaps after dinner?

Once they had entered the restaurant and the Kaguya brought up his recommendations the aged lady before them, Jitsukuo couldn’t help but giggle, flattered at the teen complimenting here food.

“My, well I’ve got an admirer don’t I? It’s been a while since I’ve seen your handsome face here!” complimenting him as if they had been acquainted before. Only recognizing him as a common customer, she hadn’t know his name but there was no doubt with the boy’s Clan markings above his brow and white hair, he was someone to be easily remembered. The lady continued “As your friend here suggested, our Tonkotsu is one of our most ordered and prominent meals. He’s done a good job of selling” she giggled again and winked at Koryu “Although if you’re not craving pork tonight, we do have a few alternatives like the Shoyu, Miso and Shio. Just to name a few, you’re more than welcome to look over the menus!”

The boy nodded at the following suggestions and placed down his menu, not giving it a second thought “Y’know what, I think I’ll go with my friend here’s recommendations. I’m up for of serving of that Tonkotsu!” he rubbed his hands in elation at the thought of the taste.

Jitsuko happily wrote down the Senju’s order and turned to the Kaguya “And what would you like sweetie?” asking as if she had already known the answer.

481/1750

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
Koryu blushed ever so slightly at the older womans proclamation of his admiring. In truth he did admire her quite a bit. She had a skill that he didn’t, where he was weak she was strong. In part he couldn’t stand the thought that he wasn’t the best at something but he could accept it in this case. Especially in this case. Jitsuko’s cooking rivaled even his mothers, which was a noteworthy thing as far as Koryu was concerned. He nodded in her direction as confirmation of her suspicions. ”It’s my first night back, I’ve been away training in preparation for the Chuunin Exams.” The young Kaguya said, offering an explanation as to why he’d not paid the womans restaurant a visit in awhile. Though she probably didn’t actually care where he’d been. ”Well, that settles it. We’ll both have the Tonkotsu.” He continued with a vehement nod in agreement with Sachihiro.

When Jitsuko left to begin preparing their orders Koryu returned his attention to Sachihiro. ”So, Is this your visit time leaving Konoha or just your first time being this far from home?” He asked. “I’ve never been too far beyond the Graveyard, myself.” He continued referencing the famed woods where the equally famous Hunter Nin of Kirigakure often caught their prey or invaders fell before reaching the village itself. It also wasn’t too far from the Kaguya Temple indicating Koryu had never actually ventured too far from home. ”Maybe it’s a good thing we’ve meet. Maybe you can show me around Konoha one day, huh?” He continued.

Koryu shifted slightly in his seat as their conversation continued. He was tired but excited to be making a new friend. Especially one that seemed to want to get stronger. He’d made the right decision in aiding him in his quest to find Jitsuko’s. This youngster certainly would make a good training partner in the coming days. Furthermore he was from another village. This meant the young Kaguya would get to test himself against a representation of another land. Of course, he had no idea where this young shinobi stood among his peers but he’d allow himself to believe that he was one of the stronger ones. He was a Senju after all. His clan was famed as powerful, as one of the few that could match the Uchiha. The thought made him envious, almost jealous. His clan too was famous but not so much for their power, but for their blood lust, for their violent past. One day he’d make sure the Kaguya were known for not just their bloodlust but thier power as well.

[Word Count: 445 / 2,337]

Sachihiro

Sachihiro

D-rank
“Hey me too!” the boy exclaimed excitedly at the mention of the Chunin Exams “Honestly, even if I don’t win I’d just be happy to partake. I get performance anxiety just thinking about the tournament matches. Apparently there’s a good amount of Genin that have signed up also, so there’s going to be quite a showcase of powers to be learning from. Since you’re a Kaguya, how do you manage to train your ability? I’m not really too good at Wood Release yet so I mostly focus around my ability to use Water and Earth. Kinda to make up for my lack of versatility” he chuckled a little embarrassed he had to admit his lack of skill in the famed nature element.

At the mention of an order of tonkotsus, Jitsuko happily penned them down and quickly walked over to the back of the kitchen as she began directing the orders to the chef’s in the bank. It may have been her restaurant but she it was obvious she wasn’t a cook as often. Rising from just a little window shop in the outer city, her uniquely flavored ramens quickly gained fame as she rose up the food industry. Still holding up to her kind and modest personality, everybody had no qualms with the small fortune she had amassed in fact, further encouraging her to expand and grow her industry. As a Manager, it was obvious that she took pride in her work and did her best to please every customer.

As the two boy’s conversation continued Sachi responded to the boy’s questions “Yes, this actually the first time I’ve venture this far from home. Though I have traveled near Hi No Kuni’s border’s before I became a shinobi, usually with my mother so I was actually pretty safe to venture out with her in most cases.”

Jitsuko brought the boy’s their water asking if they needed anything as Sachi kindly waved her off and she quickly made her way around the restaurant, greeting and serving another couple that had just entered.

“Y’know what, you should definitely give me a call whenever you’re in a Konoha. My family would be more than happy to welcome you into our home! We have a lot of room within’ the clan’s households and you’re welcome to stay as long as you need” there was no lie his words. The Senju clansmen were quite hospitable when it came to friends of friends. Always doing their best when playing the guest and doing better when made the host, they rarely ever showed any animosity to newcomers.

Soon Jitsuko revisited their table, this time with the tonkotsu in tow. Placing in front of each of them, she bowed her head "you two boy's enjoy! If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask for me. I'll hovering around here so let me know!"

498/2248

Koryu

Koryu

D-rank
”I used to train with my father,” Koryu started, a hint of sadness in his tone. ”he’s gone now though so I spend most of my time in the woods near the temple. I’ve probably punched a hole in most every tree out there.” Koryu chuckled. ”Yeah, there’s probably going to be a lot of strong shinobi at the exams. I can’t wait to test my strength against them. I’m eager to see the true results of all my training. They’re still a while off though so I’ll be doing a lot more training before then. I’ve got to work on my forms a bit.” He continued. There conversation continued on even after their orders had been placed. The two were quickly becoming friends it seemed. So much so that Sachihiro offered Koryu a place to stay should he ever visit Konoha. ”Hn, well isn’t that kind of you. I might have to take you up on that offer sometime. I’d definitely like to see Konoha one day.” In truth, he wanted to travel the world one day and it would be useful having friends in different villages. Then again, his destiny would probably dash the hopes of visiting villages on peaceful means asunder.

A few moments later the pairs ramen was brought to their table. Koryu nodded and smiled at Jitsuko in thanks and immediately went about stuffing his face full of the tasty noodles. After a few bites Koryu returned his attention to Sachihiro. ”You know, if you’re looking for someone to train with I wouldn’t mind being of use. I don’t really know much outside of Taijutsu but,” Koryu paused for the briefest of moments. ”Well, I don’t know. Maybe we could learn something from each other.” He paused again and considered what he’d just offered. ”Well, not to tonight though. Tonight I might fall asleep at this table if I’m not careful, ha.” That said if Sachihiro pressed it so much as to just say he hoped they could get some training in this very night Koryu would quickly change his mind. Combat was a drug he was completely addicted to. ”Oh, how’s the ramen? As good as back home in Konoha?” He asked, though he fully expected the boy to say that it wasn’t. What could be better than a kirigakure cuisine? Nothing. That’s what.

Word Count 406 / 2,743

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.