You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Niala

Niala

D-rank

Determination is one hell of a motivator.

To say that Niala was determined to complete her puppet was quite the bit of an understatement. Ever since the parts she had been waiting for had come in she had been working around the clock, to the point to where she was barely eating - not that that was new for her, but even still she normally ate more than she currently was - and definitely not sleeping. She was a young woman with a single minded goal: one that she was determined to see completed. She was far too close now, and yet still so far away.

I’m glad they don’t mind, then again, they’re probably just happy I’m not locked in my room.

Her obsession with her puppet had spread quite a lot, in fact, it had happened both in the mental and physical sense. In an effort not to be locked up in her room for days on end while working she had instead moved half of her bedroom to the living room - or rather, all of the pieces to the puppet that she had neatly laid out in some kind of order that made sense to the creator on every flat surface available. At the moment Niala resembled something of a mad scientist: her whitish-pink hair was pulled back in a single ponytail at the top-back of her head to keep it out of her way, and she wore a white thin jacket with a multitude of pockets that were stuffed with tools and parts over top of her typical t-shirt and skirt combination. The only thing that absolutely screamed “Niala” about her at the moment had to be the fact that her long knee-high socks were fun and funky patterns, patterns that didn’t match, with colors that clashed playfully and yet looked cute all at the same time. She had a pair of magnifying goggles over her eyes, making her natural blue eyes look large and almost comical, as she sat on the floor with her back against the couch. She was bent over a smaller piece that she was currently attaching a hinge to with a screw and screwdriver, both of which were very tiny. Her tongue stuck out between the side of her lips in concentration as she worked while ‘It’s Time’ by Imagine Dragons played from the radio next to her softly.

An unwanted visitor?

A knock on the door didn’t even so much as startle Niala as she simply reached above her to flip on the light she had clamped to the table, giving herself better lighting as she bent back over the table and continued working on attaching the small hinge with the even smaller screws. In fact, she didn’t even pause at all until the knock sounded again.

Hanae who was in the kitchen cooking - her plan to tempt Niala with another of her favorite foods - sighed softly at the knock before calling out softly, “Can someone get that, please. I’m wrist deep in fruit right now.”

Looking up from her work Niala gently pushed the table away, unaware for the moment where her father or brother had got to, and stood up with a soft groan - she had been sitting there for well over six hours or so. Making her way around the coffee table and into the foyer she paused at the door, looking through the little peephole - something she had to do by standing on the very tips of her toes due to her small height. Who she saw there caused her hand, which was moving towards the doorknob, to suddenly stop and fall back to her side. She backed away from the door quietly several steps before turning and heading back into the living room - just for the knock to sound on the door once more. Hanae, who had a perfect view of the living room from her place in the kitchen threw a glance back just in time to see Niala sitting down again. “Weren’t you going to answer that?”, she asked, her voice laced with curiosity and concern - it wasn’t like Niala to leave someone standing there and knocking like that.

My own personal stalker. Go me.

Niala shook her head no as she returned to her seat, though she didn’t go back to work. Instead, she sat there on the floor with her back against the couch, and her legs pulled up to her chest. Her arms wrapped around her legs and she sighed, staring at her pieces on the table but not really looking at them. In fact, she was mentally counting down the time it would take for the male on the other side of their front door to give up and go away.

Hanae sighed. “Niala, dear. This isn’t like you. Why aren’t you answering the door?”, Hanae spoke, making her way into the living room, ignoring the fact that her gloves were covered in fruit juice.

Niala simply shook her head before sighing. “It’s this weird guy whose been trying to get my attention for a while. He saw me in the market one day and tried chatting with me. Then I started noticing him in the library when I hadn’t before. Now… he’s here.”, Niala explained softly, missing the look on her mother’s face as she kept staring at the table.

Word Count: 915

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
“Again.”, The resounding voice of Genki run loudly within a clearing situated in the back of their yard. There being nothing special about the location asides from the pristine, crystal clear blue lake that were surrounded by a few well-placed boulders. A few trees dotted the furthest corners of the area, housing examples of the avian wildlife that could be found in Iwagakure no Sato. The grass was short, having been recently cut, and the smell of ‘cut grass’ hung heavily in the air. Clear skies hung overhead, letting the sun rays beat down mercilessly on those below. A gentle breeze would pass through now and then, giving some relief to anyone out and about in the heat. However, none of this mattered to the burly with his arms crossed, the pauldron armor he was wearing doing little to protect his massive tattooed arms, as he watched his son train.

A curse slipped from Kensaku’s lips when his left leg dipped underneath the water surface, his chakra control having loosened a bit doing a moment of broken concentration, before fixing the mistake. Now steady on the water, he looked towards his father for approval and received a shake of the head followed by the man pointing downward, at his feet. Looking down, a frown marred his face when he noticed the ripples in the water originating from his feet. It would seem his chakra control was not to the point of preventing such ripples from occurring. That was something needing to be fixed as soon as possible. He knew the slight indication of his whereabouts could spell the end for his life and comrades. Not wanting to be the cause of the death of others, Kensaku lessened the amount of chakra sent to his feet, making sure to keep the barest minimum to stay afloat. It took him a few times, and a couple of more cursing, before he got the hang of it.

“Now what?”, He asked his father, only for his eyes to widen when he saw a rub ball speeding towards his face. Acting on instincts, Kensaku dodged the thrown object, the sudden maneuver causing him to slip in concentration, and he found himself sinking into the watery depths. He did not have time to ponder on the situation as he corrected himself as quickly as possible to dodge another ball thrown at him. Watching as the ball hit the water, something strange happened, instead of it sinking into a watery grave, the toy bounced off of the water and rolled to a complete stop a few meters away from him. “Ho - - -,” before he could question how it was positive, another rubber ball smacked him across the cheek, the impact being significant enough to send him flying a couple of meters across the pond.

Water sprayed up into the air as a fine mist as his hand scraped against the surface, chakra being sent to multiple body parts to keep himself afloat. Seeing many rubbing balls in his father’s hand, Kensaku resigned himself to what was about to come. Without missing a beat, the young genin tried to sprint across the water, making a few successful steps before having to correct the chakra amount to stop himself from sinking all the while dodging the balls thrown at him. This training continued for nearly an hour with Kensaku getting increasingly better at maintaining the amount of chakra needed to keep afloat, reducing the amount of ripples caused by said chakra, and dodging some of the balls thrown.

“Let’s call it quits for now. Food should be almost ready.”, Genki spoke, watching with a hint of proud as his son moved to join him on dry land. “You did well.”, He said, patting the boy on his shoulder. Looking at the balls laying on the pond, a single hand was raised in their direction as they floated towards the man, being possible by a combination of suiton and fuuton chakra, who sealed them back on his person.

A smile spread across Kensaku’s face at the praised received from his father. It made the torture experience worth it to get acknowledged by the man who he looks up to. He watched in awe as his father recalled the balls to his person and sealed them up. He wonders if he would be able to do that shortly and if his father would potentially teach him the trick. That could be something else they talked about at another time as he followed the massive man back into the house.

Stepping inside, Kensaku made his way towards the living room to check on his twin’s, and see how was her puppet coming along. He had already finished his puppet the night before, but, had yet to tell anyone about it. He wanted to reveal it to them alongside his twin. Speaking of said twin, she was not in the living room. The controlled chaos of the area being a tell-tale sign that she had been working diligently on trying to finish the project.

It did not take him long to locate his twin, she looking through the peak hole of the door. He guessed someone had ranged the doorbell? Seeing her back away from the door, Kensaku knew something was wrong. Niala was not the type of person to ignore someone who was at the door, especially when asked to do so. His observation much have been aligned with his father who he saw throw a glance at their mother who only shrugged. “What’s wrong?”, Kensaku asked, moving to stand in front of his sister, waiting for her to answer. The question also being asked by his mother who had moved into the living room with their father right beside her.

The answer received was one Kensaku did not like. It was that boy again. Some snuck up rich kid who they had the unfortunate chance of meeting in the market. During that time, Kensaku made it a point that his twin was not interested in dating such a snuck up boy; more words were exchanged between the pair before the boy stomped off. That would not be the last time the twins ran into the boy who had a showing up at the library and other frequently visited places they went. “Great.”, Kensaku sighed, clearly ignored, “It is basically what Niala said. He is some rich kid who believes he is entitled to everything. We first ran into him a week or to ago in the market district. I put a stopped to his advancement than with some words exchanged between us. I thought that would have been the end of it, but, no. He started showing up at the library, and other places were we frequently visit. However, those times, he did not talk to Niala, only staring at her from a distance, well as long as I was around. Whenever I moved off to do something, he tried to talk to her, leaving as soon as I came back over. Not only he is a creep, but he is also a few years older than Niala, at least from what I was told. I do not like the fact he is stalking or showing interest in my twin.”

Silence descended between those in the household, only being broken by the repeated knocking on the door, as the parents digested the information said to them. Looking at one another, a silent conversation occurred with Hanae turning to her children and speaking, “We can not do anything legally yet about his behavior. But, your father will be making a report to the local police force, informing them of what is happening. For now, we must deal with this situation. . . Well, you.”, She looked at Kensaku, “Will be handling it as her big brother, and the only thing we ask it not to maim him. We will be in the kitchen if it gets too heated.” Having spoken her peace, Hanae headed towards the kitchen. Genki did not immediately follow suit, only doing so after pulling out a familiar scroll, causing Kensaku’s eyes to widen as he frantically patted down himself as if he was looking for something. “It looks nice.”, the burly man said, tossing the scroll to his son, who caught it, before heading into the kitchen.

“How??”, Kensaku said to no one in particular as he tried to figure out how his father managed to grab said scroll from his person? The musing being cut short as a shout from the boy outside was heard, “Niala! I know your home. You weren’t at the library nor any of the usual spots. So why not open the door?” Kensaku’s face twisted in anger as he gently moved Niala to the side and behind him. His left hand unlocking the door and turning it, the rays of the sun slowly peeking in,

“Niala about - - -”

“What do you want.”, Kensaku spoke, cutting the boy off from speaking. His eyes were narrowing at the one who been stalking his sister, waiting for them to say something. The grip on the scroll in his right-hand tightening.

Niala

Niala

D-rank

Gosh, it sounds so horrible when explained like that.

Niala was silent as her brother continued on with the explanation she had let off with: explaining about the type of person the male knocking at the door was. A rich kid, spoiled rotten, who clearly thought that money was the answer and key to everything. Despite being given several attempts to back off, besides the intentions being made clear that Niala wanted absolutely nothing to do with him, he refused to take the hint. Even now he had - somehow - found out where Niala was living and had come to pay her an unannounced visit.

Even as her brother finished speaking and silence fell upon the household - a silence only broken by yet another series of knocks from the persistent man on the other side of the heavy wooden door - Niala simply stared at the carpet as if it interested her. She was a whirlwind of emotions and had no idea what to do with them all. She had been seen in the Academy as the nerdy girl, and that hadn’t garnered her attention from the boys in her class. In fact, there was only one person who, outside of her twin, that she hung out with that was a male: and that was Kannon.

Despite the fact that the kid was clearly stalking her it seemed there wasn’t too much that could be done legally, at least not right away. While her father had some plan in mind to handle the situation for now it seemed that their parents wanted to leave it up to Kensaku as her older brother. She knew they wouldn’t be far away - just in the kitchen, waiting and listening to see if things got out of hand or not. Before they disappeared into the other room though it seemed that Genki had somehow gotten a scroll off of Kensaku, something which seemed to stump him as much as it did her: had that happened since they had come inside? Or was it something that had occured while they were out back training.

Why can’t he just take a hint and go away?

Niala’s musings were cut short however as another round of knocking, or more like banging at this point, occured. The words the rich male spoke verified he had been stalking her: he having checked all of her usual ‘haunts’ before ending up at her home. She still wasn’t even sure how he knew where she lived, though she assumed it was simply because of his status as being wealthy that allowed him such information. Despite her brother’s face being twisted in anger she found herself gently moved off to the side and behind him before Kensaku opened the door - hidden due to the angle for now. Her brother cut off whatever the other male was going to say with a question that was more like a statement than anything else.

Instead of being dissuaded by the fact that it was Kensaku who opened the door the guy simply brushed his hair back, ensuring it was slicked back in place, before putting on what he thought to be a dashing grin but which only made him look more like a sleeze. “I’m here to take your sister out on a date. What’s more is you are going to stop being over protective over her and let me. I’m a very rich man, and I can take care of your sister properly. If she’s with me she won’t have to work up at that hospital, or be a shinobi. I’ll make sure all of her needs and wants are well taken care of.”

Niala felt her stomach beginning to revolt, her only saving grace being the fact that she hadn’t eaten all day or else she probably would have puked. This guy was talking like he had all the answers, as if he were trying to make some kind of deal with Kensaku to appease him in order for Kensaku to step aside and give his consent. It made her feel absolutely disgusted and sick. This bastard knew absolutely nothing about her, knew nothing of her passion for working in the hospital or their mother’s clinic, knew nothing about her wanting to actually be a shinobi. He simply saw these things as burdens, as things that if she were to ever date him he would clearly consider beneath her. He made it sound like he expected her to be kept like some kind of pet. That wasn’t her way, and it never would be.

And then he crossed a line he should have never crossed: he revealed the monster.

Grinning, the male spoke, “If you don’t let me date your sister, however, I’ll make sure your career is ruined before it has a chance to really take off. So what’s it going to be?”, the male had continued on while his grin becoming less sleazy and more threatening. It was this more than anything that caused the inner beast within Niala to emerge. It was one thing to stalk her, to expect her to give up her hopes and dreams just to date some bastard like him, but it was something else entirely to threaten her brother, her twin, in such a way.

Even before she knew fully what she was doing chakra strings were sent out, pulling pieces of her puppet together with a kind of quickness that took skill and practice. Even still she wasn’t sure what her end game was as she sent the smaller form of the puppet out the window, setting it lightly on the ground. If it wasn’t for her sheer control she was showing over her rage her hands would have been shaking as she caused the puppets growth mode to activate, causing it to grow into a giant bear that was six feet tall and three feet wide. Even as she began to control the puppet, moving it to walk up behind the male on the porch he seemed oblivious, obviously more concerned with Kensaku’s response than any noise behind him - that was until Niala threw her voice in such a way to make it sound like ti was coming from the realistic looking panda’s mouth - an ear splitting roar.

The reaction that occured was exactly as Niala had been expecting - well, some of it. The kid screamed, turning and flattening his back against the side of the house, almost as if he hoped the very walls would suck him in and save him from the panda beast waiting at the bottom step for him. What Niala wasn’t expecting was the more embarrassing aspect - the puddle of urine that pooled at the male’s feet. The puppet came to a stop, only the slightest of twitches occuring to keep it looking like it were a ‘real’ animal. Meanwhile Niala stepped around her brother and headed outside, the shy girl she normally was entirely gone for the briefest of moments, and instead a hardened and scary and angry woman in her place.

Messing with my family is a very bad idea.

Without missing a beat she placed herself in the view of the male, blocking the giant panda from view for the moment. His eyes locked onto hers and she reached up a hand, pointing a finger in his face. “You listen to me and you listen good. You leave me alone, you leave my family alone. I don’t want to ever hear you threatening my brother or anyone else like that. The only reason you sleep at night so safe and sound is because of people like my brother who risk their lives keeping your sorry excuse for an existence safe. If I find out you’ve done anything to jeopardize my brother’s career I will come for you, and if you think Bei Bei behind me is bad, you just wait and see the kind of monsters I’ll cook up just for you. Now leave, and do not come back.”

The male opened his mouth and closed it several times before doing exactly as Niala said - giving the panda puppet a very wide berth to the point of jumping the porch railing instead of going down the steps so that he could keep his distance. He threw several glances back to make sure he wasn’t being followed before breaking off into a run and disappearing around the corner. Niala simple stood there, staring at the spot where the male had disappeared her hands now shaking with rage, causing her puppet to tremble.

Word Count: 1,445 | 2,360

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
”The boy is either stupid or have a death wish.”, Kensaku silently mused to himself, eyes never wavering from the pompous asshole in front of him. There was an untold amount of anger shining within the young’s puppeteer’s eyes, and every ounce of it was directed at the young man before him. Said individual did not seem to notice the increased tension which he had caused, being too focused on trying to date Kensaku’s twin. Though, the story would have been different if Kensaku did not have a strong hold on his killing intent which was brimming to be unleashed onto the unlucky soul.

While killing intent from a Genin is not impressive to the likes of higher caliber shinobi, it was still a useful tool against civilians, especially those who never experience the rigorous training which most future shinobi undergo. Even the smallest amount of intent could leave irreversible damage to an untrained civilian psyche. Because of what could be done, it was frowned upon whenever a shinobi used it against a civilian, especially one from their village. But, as the boy stood there, waiting for him to move, Kensaku seriously thought about forgone such a warning.  

Taking a deep breath, a silence briefly descended upon the occupants in the surrounding area before it was broken by Kensaku chuckling. The sudden noise was startling the rich kid, causing him to jump slightly. “You take care of my sister?”, Kensaku scoffed, “Don’t make me laugh. Let’s get some facts out of the way shall we? First off, you are not a man. Do you work? No. Do you have your own place? No. Your money? That is what your momma and daddy give you for being a good little boy. Even if you were a half-decent guy and not a slimy sleazeball who hides behinds momma and daddy’s money, do you really think you can take care of my sister when you can’t take care of yourself?”

Kensaku cut off the boy from replying to his statement, not wanting to hear much more from the pompous asshole, “Furthermore, I do not take orders from you. Asides from my parents and siblings, the only orders I take is from those within the shinobi forces that outrank me. Therefore, unless I am mistaken, you are not apart of said forces, being just an average civilian who runs their without fearing the consequences.” Though he did not have a problem with most civilians, those like Hibiki, really rubbed Kensaku the wrong way. He detested the rich civilian who believed they are entitled to everything just because they came into wealth. They knew nothing. They did not know how easy it is for someone, a shinobi, to come about and end their lives, taking their wealth for themselves. They believe that they are untouchable because of the wealth they had.

With his right hand placed on the doorframe, making sure the boy had to go through him to get into the house, Kensaku turned his attention briefly to Niala. The visual anger fading immediately upon laying eyes on his sister. The small, shy girl who he loved more than anything in this world. That he would go to the far corners of the Elemental Nations to destroy the bullies who mess with her, asides from his family, Niala, his twin, was someone who he dearly cares for. The love he had for her being pure, not crossing into incestial territorial and something other siblings they knew was jealous of. When she needed help? He was there. When she is upset about something? He was there to comfort her, and then locate and deal with whatever had caused her to become upset. When did she want to do something that he did not? He would do it anyway and showing a genuine interest in the activity. It should not be understated how close the two are.

It is this closest and genuine love he had for his sister which caused him to act this way towards those who he deems ‘unworthy’ of taking out his sister for a date. Not many people have tried, and with those who did, all but one failed, and that individual was still in Kumogakure no Sato, at least, from the last received. Those in the academy learned quickly that Niala was out of their reach.

Kensaku’s head snapped back at the grinning boy, the words he had spoken registering with the young puppeteer. Was a threat just made on his person? Did this asshole really say that not only a front of him but his parents that were in the kitchen? To say Kensaku was livid would be the understatement of the century, he was pissed,“You think I care about this career?” he scoffed at such a thought, “You are a bigger fool than I thought. For you see, unlike you, who is nothing without money, I care very little about my shinobi career. You know why? Because even if you ‘ruin it’ I can still train and hone my skills. And, unlike you, they higher-ups won’t allow such valuable access to be let go due to a crybaby throwing a tantrum. But, if you want to ruin my career, I welcome you to. That means I won’t have to save your sorry ass when a missing-nin or another village shinobi comes after your family for your money. Shinobis like dealing with rich people. You know why? Because they are an easy cash cow to milk for all their wealth. Along with being a nice cash cow to butcher.”

Something within movement his peripheral vision caused him to stop talking. Whatever was happening got a chuckle from his parents with Genki murmuring, “She finally done it.” He could only assume it had to deal with Niala, but, he did not want to take his eyes off the boy who was now red-faced with anger. The words he had spoken finally getting to the rich kid. Though, he was curious what could have gotten a rise out of his parents? What did Niala do. .  .?

The answer to the question came in the form of a giant bear walking behind the rich boy. It did not take Kensaku long to figure out the bear belonged to his sister. Despite not seeing her puppet, he assumed this was its final form, and he was impressed by it. A loud chuckle escaped not only Kensaku’s lips but his parents as well, as the rich boy was startled by the roar from the bear. His body now being flattened against the side of the house. His eyes shined with terror, and there was a steady stream of yellow liquid coming from the crotch of his pants, the boy had urinated on himself.

Kensaku raised an eyebrow as Niala stepped a front of him. He noticed there being a change in her demeanor. The shy girl he knew having been momentarily replaced by something else entirely for now. As Niala began speaking, Kensaku discreetly unraveled the scroll in his hand. The small poof of smoke going unnoticed by all but the two adults. “Interesting.”, He heard his mother say, obviously commenting on what was unsealed. He did not have plans on showcasing this right now, but, the opportunity was there. Attaching a couple of chakra strings to his puppet, he had the humanoid creature climb out of a nearby window, and make its way towards the front of the house.

“She is right, you know?”, He spoke, grabbing the boy’s attention as his puppet moved towards Niala’s, standing beside the bear with a grin, “Without shinobi, civilians would become easy prey to others. That money you have is nothing without us shinobi.” The boy looked like he wanted to say something, but paused when he felt a tab on his shoulder. He was shrieking girlish as he came face to face to a humanoid monstrosity with sharp jagged teeth that looked like it could rend flesh with ease, along with long arms which touched the ground due to the creature being hunched over. If that was not enough, the create waved his hand, and spoke, “Hi.”. That along with being enough to cause the boy to run away in terror, screaming about monsters.

Once the boy could no longer be seen, the creature turned it’s attention to Niala, reaching to gently poke her cheek, “Poke.”, And tilting its head to the side. Moving closer to Niala, he hugged captured her in a hug, his puppet trying to do the same them to the trembling bear “Don’t worry, everything will be fine.”, he whispered, holding her for a few more seconds before stepping back to look at her and her creation. “So, that is your puppet?”, Kensaku asked, moving his own to stand beside him.  “A bear, eh? Can I call you bear-chan now?”, he jest, trying to lighten the mood a bit. He did not want to see his twin angry.

1517[3051]

Niala

Niala

D-rank

Such a protective ‘big’ brother I have.

Niala could feel it in the air - her brother was obviously no happier than she was in this situation. He was unamused by some civilian claiming that they could ‘take care of her’. Likely unamused by the fact that some pompous asshole wanted to date her to begin with. She didn’t know the guy, in fact the only reason he likely even knew her name is because chances were his father or mother had connections and he had abused the hell out of them to discover who she was - as well as where she lived. The whole situation was pretty creepy in her opinion, the type of situation that likely could escalate if it went unchecked.

When her brother started to chuckle however she assumed that the guy was really in for it. Sure enough her brother gave him a verbal tongue lashing the likes of which would likely leave the kid feeling embarrassed for a while to come. She listened in silence, hidden from view, after her brother broke the male down in ways that no one probably had before, pointing out that he didn’t have a job and because of this he wasn’t a man, pointing out that any money he had was not in fact his buy belonged to his mother and father, along with the fact that even if he wasn’t a complete piece of crap he couldn’t even take care of himself let alone Niala. As her brother concluded that he didn’t, and wouldn’t, take orders from the likes of a rich civilian who did nothing more than run their mouth Niala couldn’t help but to nod in agreement even though she was hidden from view.

Seeing Kensaku’s attention turn briefly to her Niala offered up an encouraging smile, one that silently spoke of her thanks for him standing up for her. This smile faded though as she heard the words uttered from the other side of the door, a thread to ruin her brother’s career: the start of Niala herself showing exactly what she truly was made of behind her shy and quiet exterior.

So his puppet is finished too, then? I’d imagine it’s truly terrifying in battle.

Between her puppet and her own words it seemed that Niala had caused the effect she had been hoping in the rich male: she terrified him. While that definitely wasn’t her usual style, her usual way of doing things, in this situation it seemed to be the only way. This guy was not going to take no for an answer, which had been proven in several occasions, so scaring him into submission and into leaving her alone seemed to be her only option. Of course, that didn’t mean she enjoyed it - because she certainly didn’t. She wasn’t a cruel person, she took no satisfaction out of scaring nor hurting people. In fact, had the male not mentioned the threat against her brother at all she probably would have remained in the house and hidden entirely from view, leaving it up to her brother to shoo the male away once more. But, that wasn’t the case. Her brother protected her and cared for her, and she would always do the same for him.

So, it was why she had got her puppet involved, why she had uttered the things from her lips she had never spoken to another being before. It was why outside of her anger towards the male for threatening her brother she only showed disgust as he pissed himself on their porch - his terror increasing due to something whose shadow she could see moving behind her: her brother’s puppet as the glance back told her. Even as she turned her attention back to the boy she heard her brother’s words, words that spoke of how right she was: people like him were damn lucky there were shinobi around, they kept him and his wealth safe after all - or rather his parents wealth.

I truly do hope I never have to see that boy again. I really hope he takes the hint.

If her own puppet and the words of herself and her brother weren’t going to keep this boy from coming back later than Niala truly hoped her brother’s puppet would - especially as it scared the unholy hell out of the kid with a tap on his shoulder and a simple greeting. Niala flinched as the guy let out a shriek of terror, stepping out of the way as he took off down the street and disappeared from sight. Her attention was stolen however by the gentle poke on her cheek and the single word from the puppet with its head tilted. The shaking that had claimed her, a mixture of nerves and anger, vanished almost immediately as she let out a giggle: disappearing all together as her brother claimed her in a hug which she returned - incidentally causing her own puppet to hug his in return: which of course caught Niala’s eye and caused her to giggle even more. She nodded in response to her brother’s words about everything being fine before grinning at his words as he looked at her fairly large puppet.

Another giggle escaped Niala at her twin’s question. “I suppose if you want. Though I think that might be the only bear puppet I make…”, she commented thoughtfully, hearing the sound of footsteps across the wooden floor as both of their parents made their way outside and onto the porch. She noticed the way Hanae looked at her with concern in her eyes while Genki looked at her with pride - he was clearly glad she had stood up for herself. He was also glad at the job the job that Kensaku himself had done, giving his son’s shoulder an encouraging but gentle squeeze as he too took a glance at her puppet.

Hanae meanwhile made her way over to Niala, hugging her, which the gesture was returned with a smile. Hanae stared at her for a moment, before Niala sighed and then smiled, deciding to answer her mother’s unspoken question, “I’m okay, really. I just… didn’t like hearing him threaten Kensaku like that. I guess I’m a bit braver than I thought…” It was a simple enough explanation, one which seemed to appease Hanae as she looked towards both of their creations with interest. “Those are two very interesting designs”, Hanae spoke before adding, “What made you two go with what you chose?”, in a curious manner.

A panda bear for a puppet?

Niala felt herself swelling with pride, and she couldn’t help but grin even more, more than happy to explain her reasoning behind her panda design as well as the purpose for the panda being so large. “I wanted something that could easily blend in, hide within plain sight if you will. That’s why when growth mode - which is what my puppet is in now - isn’t activated my puppet looks like an ordinary stuffed animal backpack. Even has a working pouch to keep up the realism. This way I can carry it around and no one will know the difference. However, I also wanted something that could be useful. I’m a medic too, and I know that that means there are times I’m going to have to be able to get across a field of battle to my comrades and I’m going to have to make sure I can do that safely… that’s why this mode of my panda was created see… I’ll show you.” Pausing in speaking she made her way to her panda, opening up a hatch in the back of it and stepping inside. The hatch was then closed behind her and sealed, leaving her breathing the recycled air within the puppet that would last her a decent bit before needing to be refilled. From within the panda she caused the thing to move, having it do a little dance before becoming still once more: Niala completely safe and sound inside of the panda bear, sheltered from attack.

After her quick demonstration she opened the hatch back up and stepped back out, still grinning. “See? I can hide inside of it and still control it. I can also, provided the person is small enough to squeeze in, have someone else get inside of the puppet to get them out of danger. The air inside recycles itself for a bit before having to be refilled, so that protects me from breathing in anything I shouldn’t - at least for a short period of time. I added the claws to make the bear look more realistic, but they do also do actual damage too. I’ll be adding teeth later.” As she stopped speaking she was still brimming with excitement and pride: clearly she was excited about her first puppet, and excited to show it off. Even still she deactivated growth mode, allowing the panda to fold in on itself on the inside as it reverted itself to nothing more than a panda backpack, which she picked up and strapped easily onto her back. “See? Nothing more than a backpack.”

What about your design, dear brother? What made you choose something like that?

It didn’t escape her notice the way Hanae seemed to be more relaxed - apparently the design that allowed Niala to take shelter within her puppet had eased her mother’s mind somewhat. Even her father seemed pleased with her design. Yet, it was to her brother who her focus turned to. She was interested to see what he thought, as well as to hear the explanation for his own puppet. She wanted to know his thoughts behind his design, and she was curious what all his puppet could do.
-Thread Exit-

Word Count: 1,685 | 4,045

Trained
Speed D0 -> D1: 4,045 - 325 = 3,720
Speed D1 -> D2: 3,720 - 400 = 3,320
Speed D2 -> D3: 3,320 - 450 = 2,870

10% increase on Endurance and Strength training due to Clan
Endurance E2 -> E3: 2,870 - 228 = 2,642
Endurance E3 -> D0: 2,642 - 330 = 2,312
Endurance D0 -> D1: 2,312 - 358 = 1,954
Endurance D1 -> D2: 1,954 - 440 = 1,514
Endurance D2 -> D3: 1,514 - 495 = 1,019

Strength E1 -> E2: 1,019 - 165 = 854
Strength E2 -> E3: 854 - 228 = 626
Strength E3 -> D0: 626 - 330 = 296

Discarding 295 Words

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
There was a soft smile spread across Kensaku’s face at the sound of Niala’s giggling when Fuhyō, his puppet, poked her cheek and spoke of the acted committed. Seeing how she did not fear his creation only made the smile broaden. Fuhyōwas not beautiful in the normal sense of the word. The puppet having taken inspiration from horror stories of old that talked about hunched over men with razor-sharp claws and shark-like teeth. Even the synthetic greyish skin, covering the entirety of it’s body was inspired from stories of humanoid creatures with weathered skin that have long since turned greyish, no longer being the color it used to be.

When he had made Fuhyō, he thought Niala would be afraid of the creature. For nothing about the puppet was natural, even it’s walked, being keen to that of a gorilla than a human, was unnatural in the normal sense of the world. Several of times he had thought about scraping the idea for something less creepy, for he did not want Niala to be afraid of his creation, but, he stuck to it through the end. Even after finishing Fuhyō, there were some hesitation in showing it to Niala. It was only moments of ago when his father’s discretely commented on the puppet that Kensaku decided to show his twin - it also helped he was angry at Hibiki for daring to show up at their home to harass his twin.

A metaphorical boulder was lifted from his shoulder at seeing how well Niala accepted his puppet. While he might not be ,the best puppeteer for his age and rank, having interest elsewhere, he was still immensely proud of what he had created. With the creation of Fuhyō, he was able to finally say he is apart of the Chikamatsu family. He had completed, in his eyes, the rites of passage to be officially seen as apart of the clan.

A small chuckle escaped his lips at Niala’s comment about her puppet being the only bear one she would make, “While wanting to call you Bear-chan is in part due to your puppet, but, also because how ferocious you were just now when handling Hibiki. Who knew my twin had it in her.”, He spoke, clarifying the reason why he wanted to nickname her such.  

Before any more could be said or done, footsteps were heard as their parents made their way outside and on the porch. With a smile ever present on his face, Kensaku noticed the look of approval and praise when both of their eyes. It being apparent they were both happy for their child. The way Niala finally stood up for herself, not letting someone bully her around, being a major improvement in Genki and Hanae’s eyes. While their children were nigh inseparable, both parents knew there would be missions where each one of them will have to face it without the immediate support of another and to see the steps forward made by them brought a sense of joy. They were finally coming into their own.

Kensaku listened as Niala reassured their mother that everything was okay. Saying how she got mad when Hibiki threaten to ruin her twin’s career. “You are braver than you even realize, Hanae,” Genki spoke, a smile being ever present on his face. There were a look of curiosity in both males’ eyes when Hanae asked Niala about the details of her puppet, questioning why she went the route she did. It was here where Kensaku listened in carefully to see if he could potentially add something else to his puppet from Niala’s explanation.

“Impressive.”, Kensaku said, once Niala had got done speaking about her puppet. He was thoroughly amazed by the design and reasoning behind them. It never thought about giving his puppet a means to compact in an ordinary object for easier carrying, and to confuse people in being the individual was not armed. With her bear turning into a backpack, Niala could carry it around with no being any wiser of it’s true purpose. Not only that, if the time arises, she is capable of entering the bear and, seemingly, control it from the inside. Impressive indeed.

Seeing it was his turn to speak, Kensaku moved his fingers, watching as his creation move to stand in front of him. “This here is Fuhyō, named after the pawn shogi piece. The inspiration for it came from different places. I decided to go with an overall humanoid appearance because, for some reason, people tend to be more afraid of creatures which look humanish. From there, I purposely wanted him to walk with a hunch, despite being able to walk standing up.”, He demonstrated this fact by having his puppet to do so, even still, it’s arms nearly touched the ground, “As you can see, the arms are extremely long and drag on the ground whenever it walks with a hunch. I did this on purpose. I wanted to have a longer reach for to make it easier for the puppet’s claws to make contact with another.” Allowing the information to set in, Kensaku continue speaking, “Furthermore, the puppet’s right wrist can be detached, revealing it being attached to a thick chain.”, A soft click and the sound of chains being pulled was heard as the puppet demonstrated it’s ability, “This way, I can use the puppet’s bladed hands as a flail of sorts, or to entrap someone with the chain. Asides from that, the puppet can open it’s mouth over 200 degrees, allowing a mini-cannon to protrude outward. Empty, for now, I have plans to buy various ammunition for it to hold and use.” At the mention of the cannon, Kensaku made his puppet open it’s mouth, allowing his parents and twin to see the cannon which was pointed towards a tree. “The reason for the cannon is to give me a way to potentially create space or finish off an opponent who had been injured or ensnared by the puppet.”, He spoke, there being a smile on his face throughout the entire explanation. It being apparent Kensaku was pleased with his creation. Now though, he wonders what their parents would think?

Finished | Thread Exit

1054 | 4105

Training
Speed D0 -> D1: 4105 - 325 = 3780
Speed D1 -> D2: 3780 - 400 = 3380
Speed D2 -> D3: 3380 - 450 = 2930

Reaction Time D0 -> D1: 2930 - 325 = 2605
Reaction Time D1 -> D2: 2605 - 400 = 2205
Reaction Time D2 -> D3: 2205 - 450 = 1755

Perception D0 -> D1: 1755 - 325 = 1430 | 25 ryo
Perception D1 -> D2: 1430 - 400 = 1030 | 50 Ryo
Perception D2 -> D3: 1030 - 450 = 580 | 75 Ryo

10% increase on Endurance and Strength training due to Clan
Strength D0 -> D1: 580 - 358 = 220

Discard: 220

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.