You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Settling In [Kensaku or Invite][No-Kill] Empty Settling In [Kensaku or Invite][No-Kill] Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Niala

Niala

D-rank
She worries so much because she doesn’t know this strange land as well as home.

A worried mother is an unhappy mother. “Does anyone know where Niala’s gone off to? She’s not normally this late.”, Hanae’s voice called through the house, a voice filled with worry and concern. Their mother was by no means a helicopter parent, but they hadn’t been in Iwagakure for more than a month and it was a strange and foreign land with different practices, laws, and customs. Of course, it didn’t help that Hanae herself had had to deal with some cat calls and whistling several mornings in a row when heading off to work and passing by a construction site - that was until a stop had been put to that the moment the males of the house had heard about it. So, it wasn’t all that far fetched that Hanae was getting worried, especially as the sun had long since set and dinner had been done for nearly an hour and a half: especially given how prompt of a person Niala normally was when it came to their family meals.

Her worry is for naught, a distracted daughter is all she’s got.

Of course, nothing actually was wrong with Niala. Niala was in fact at the library, where she had been for the past five hours. The massive brick and mortar structure with its heavy oak doors, sparse stain glass windows, and a nearly unending supply of knowledge and information quite appealing to the young lady. The inside of the library only furthered this with plush chairs, thick ornate rugs, and dark wood everywhere making it warm and cozy in a way that most buildings would be envious of.

So as for the thin and almost frail looking female she had simply sunk so deeply into a giant volume of knowledge that she hadn’t noticed the setting of the sun, nor the fact that it was nearing almost eight-thirty at night. Just as it had been in Sunagakure the library of Iwagakure had quickly become her favorite place: Niala spending every hour she could immersed in the volumes of knowledge and information that the library offered. It didn’t help either the fact that she was in a building with little to no windows, curled up in a big plush chair - one of many that were available - in front of a roaring fire feeling toasty and warm. The day had been a bit on the cold side with gray ominous clouds covering the sky that, despite it not being the right season, looked like they could rain snow down upon the country and the village at a moments notice.

How engrossed she is. If the book was water she would have surely drowned by now.

Needless to say the female curled up with comfortable leggings, a long white turtleneck sweater dress on that went almost to her knees, and warm fur boots, with a set of headphones in from which the faintest traces of Transcendence from Lindsey Stirling could be heard coming from was completely oblivious to the world around her or how much time had already passed. All she could focus on for the moment was the information in front of her, each turn of the page bringing her closer to the end of yet another chapter of knowledge to fill her mind with - a constant mission for the girl that had no end in sight.

Word Count: 580

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
Kensaku tried to ignore the person who was shaking him, turning on his side to get comfortable in the bed, and back to the dream, he was having. However, the person was persistent in their endeavor, and he could not ignore them for any longer, so with that in mind, he turned over and opened his eyes. Hazel met hazel as he stared into the matching orbs of his mother’s, “What is it, mom?”, He asked between rubbing the debris from his eyes and sitting up. If the delicious food he was smell was any indication, and that fact his mother was wearing an apron, it meant she was in the process of cooking. A glance at the digital clock sitting on a dresser drawer told him it was around dinner time. Usually, his mother would not bother in waking him up, having his sister to do that as she continued preparing food.

Speaking of his mother, he noticed the look of concern in her eyes and knew something was wrong. Opening his mother to ask what was wrong, his mother beat him to speak, and answer the question that was going to be asked, “Do you know where Niala is?”. He did not miss a beat in speaking, “She mentioned about going to the library.”, It being his twin’s favorite spot to go too whenever she could. Before he had passed out for a nap, she had told him where she was going, in case their mother asked. He did not mention it to his mother, despite having every intention to, instead, falling into a deep slumber until woken up now. “Can you go get her for me, and tell her food is almost done?’, Nodding as he stood up, his mother leaving his room afterward, Kensaku slipped on a dark green trench coat over the plain white t-shirt he had on and covered his hair with a dark green fedora hat. He did not bother in wearing a headband - only doing so when on duty.

Dressed, Kensaku exited his room, telling his mother that he is going to get Niala, and left the house. It was a good thing he wore a coat; there was a slight chill in the air. Without wasting any time, Kensaku began trekking together the library. Along the way there, he waved and acknowledged those who made the same gesture. The streets not being filled like that were during the day, but still having a right sum amount of people. Coming to the library, he opened the doors and stepped in.

“Hello, Kensaku-chan. Looking for Niala-chan?”, Hazel eyes turned towards the librarian who had spoken. The elderly lady has been a familiar with the twins, considering how much time the pair spent within the establishment, and it also helped she was from Sunagakure. Though he did not pry, the woman treated him as if they were her grandchildren, letting them get away with stuff others were not allowed to, and generally being someone else they could talk to about anything - neither had thought about it, but the gesture was appreciated it. “Yes, I am looking for her. I am assuming she is in her normal spot?”, He asked, receiving a nod from the woman. Armed with the information, Kensaku moved throughout the massive library, heading straight towards where he knew his twin would be at.

And sure enough, there she was, curled up on the couch, headphones in, reading a book, in her own little world. Moving to the front, Kensaku gently tapped her shoulder to get her attention. “Mom told me to come get you, and to tell you that dinner is ready.”, He would speak once she removed her headphones, “She was worried sick. Because I forgot to tell her you were heading here.”, he added.

Word: 640

Niala

Niala

D-rank
How oblivious I am when I’m waist deep in a book I’ve never read before.

There was something to be said about her attention span when she was reading, and that something was that the very library around her could have been falling to pieces and she wouldn’t have noticed a single moment of it. This was why it took more than just her brother stepping in front of her for her to look up, it took the gentle tap on her shoulder before she lifted her head. Blue hues widened a moment as she realized who it was, her left hand reaching up automatically to remove the earbuds from her ears while she used her right hand to steady the book on her lap in a way to ensure she didn’t drop it or lose her page. Hearing his words her eyes widened further, the book in her lap hastily closed after she stuffed her bookmark - nothing more than a folded up piece of paper - in the crease between the pages she was reading.

It’s as much my fault as yours. I could have told her myself knowing you were tired.

She glanced towards the clock at that moment, truly realizing for the first time in hours what time it was and just how long she had been there. Her stomach, which had been silent up until that moment, roared to life as if it too had forgotten it needed to eat and as if it too had not realized just how late it was. “I’m sorry. I got caught up in the book I was reading.”, she immediately apologized, not willing to allow her brother to shoulder the blame alone even though he had forgotten to mention her whereabouts to their mother: typical Niala of course.

Gosh, I didn’t realize just how hungry I was until now.

Uncurling herself from the plush and comfortable chair she couldn’t help but groan as she stretched momentarily; she had been in the same position for well over three hours at that point, and hadn’t budged an inch. Picking her bag up from the circular table next to herself she quickly stuffed her music player and headphones in the side pocket, snapping it closed afterwards. The strap of the shoulder bag was then pulled up and over her head so that it rested across her chest at at an angle, ensuring it wouldn’t be able to slip off of her shoulder quite so easily. “Come on, I just want to check this book out and then we can head home. Do you know what mom made for dinner? I’m starving…”, she spoke softly as she made her way towards the circulation desk where the librarian was silently cataloging books, her own clutched to her chest as if it were a priceless possession. As she moved she would fall silent, giving her brother a chance to speak and respond to her question while leading the way to the desk. With a smile towards the librarian she would pass the book over, watching as the woman went through the process of checking it out for her and handing it back.

Once again Niala would clutch the book to her chest, walking towards the entrance to the library and out the double doors, stopping short with a shiver the moment the doors were closed behind her. It felt colder to her than it had been when she had shown up earlier, likely due to a small temperature change as the sun set, as well as the fact that she had spent quite a while in front of a nice and warm roaring fire. “Gosh, it’s cold…”, she’d speak softly, her arms tightening around her book as she contemplated just how far away from the house they were.

Word Count: 650 | 1,230

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
Kensaku did not stop the small chuckle from escaping his lips, even as some people within the library looked in his direction, at the expression on Niala’s face when she realized who was standing in front of her. Dying down the chuckle, he smiled warmly at his twin, eyes briefly moving down to her lap, trying to read some of the book which he was engrossed in, wanting to know what had caught her attention. He knew, just like him, his twin had a thirst for knowledge, while he was in the ninjutsu and application of chakra fields, hers dealt with medical ninjutsu. His twin wanting to excel at the arts as much he wanted to in his particular area of interest. So, he wonders, if the book she was reading dealt with the crafted which she loved dearly? Unfortunately, he could not make out any of the words, so his inquiry would be unanswered for now.

“Someone’s hungry.”, He commented offhandedly, having heard her stomach roar, demanding food. His comment would apply to himself as well, for his stomach also let those in the vicinity know it’s desire for substances. A pink hue briefly appeared on his face at what happened before disappearing as quickly as it came. Kensaku shrugged at her apology, “No need to apologize. It is no different when you come to get me for dinner.”, He spoke, having zero problems in walking to the library to get Niala. If the roles were reversed, he knew she would have done the same for him without a second thought. Therefore, in his eyes, there was no need for her to apologize at all.

Before she could reach for her bag, it would be handed to her by Kensaku, who now stood waiting patiently for she to get all her gear together. Taking a glance at the surroundings, making sure nothing was left behind, he shook his head at the asked question, “Nope. Mom woke me up to come and get you. I did not bother in asking what she was coming, although, whatever it is, it smells delicious.” Okay, he might have lied, Kensaku knew precisely what was being cooked, but he was not going to tell Niala that their mother was preparing her favorite food. No, he would allow that to be a surprise for her.

Making to the front of the library, he stood beside her as she checked out the book, “So, what were you reading?”, He inquired after the librarian gave Niala the, now, checked out book. He was curious what had held her attention for so long, plus, it was nice to make small talk. Walking outside, Kensaku noticed the slight shiver from Niala, “Cold?”, He asked rhetorically as he was already in the process of removing his trench coat, and draping it over his sister small frame, and making sure she did not trip over it. He suppressed the shiver that wanted to run down his spine, not wanting Niala to feel guilty for wearing his coat and leaving him in a t-shirt. Thankfully, the house was not too far from here, so they would both be warm soon.

It did not take them long to reach the front of the house. Pulling out a key, Kensaku opened the door, “Mom, we are back.” he yelled, hearing footsteps coming towards them, they belong to their mother who just turned the corner.

574[1214]

Niala

Niala

D-rank
Of course you would hear that, dear brother.

Hearing her twin’s comment about her stomach growling she couldn’t help but to smile sheepishly and blush - the tint making her face look paler than usual. She went to open her mouth and mention that she had had nothing more than apple for dinner but stopped herself, thinking better of it. She knew her sparse eating habits were a matter of discussion quite often within the house, and she had no intentions of bringing them up now. Besides, with how hungry she was now she definitely wasn’t going to be her usual bird-like self with picking and poking at her food tonight. She was hungry enough to eat an entire plate, and then ask for seconds!

At her twin’s question she paused near the doorway, glancing down at the book she clutched to her chest. “It’s called The Fighting Medic. It’s about using medical techniques for more than just healing. As much as I focus my intentions towards healing and bettering my fellow man it’s still an interesting read. Very absorbing.”

How caring you are towards me, and how well you protect me.

Once they were outside and she heard her brother’s question about the cold she glanced over in time to see him removing his jacket despite the t-shirt he wore underneath. Concern laced her gaze and worry filled her face as she felt the weight of his jacket added to her own shoulders, her body immediately enveloped in her brother’s residual body heat. Yet, even as she thought about arguing with him she knew it to be pointless - he wouldn’t take his jacket back even if it were snowing, not if it meant she was cold. So, she kept her opinion to herself, figuring she would simply walk at a faster than normal pace to ensure they got home sooner rather than later.

Thankfully, the streets weren’t all that busy, allowing them to make good time as they headed home. She paused on the porch, watching her twin pull out his key and unlock the door before stepping inside. Once the door was shut she carefully removed her brother’s coat from her shoulders, handing it to him with a smile. “Thank you.” Hearing footsteps approaching due to her brother calling out she turned her head in time to see their mother coming down the hallway, her worried gaze turning to one of amusement as she noticed the book that Niala still clutched, now one handed, to her chest.

This place is home now, even if it’s much different than our old one.

Mother bear. “Ah, I was wondering what kept you. I should have figured a book had something to do with it.”, her mother commented with a chuckle. “Come on, you two. Wash your hands and come to the table, your plates are getting cold. Your father’s home now too, he arrived about five minutes ago, but we’ve been waiting for you two before we eat.”, Hanae spoke quickly but quietly, heading back towards the dining room afterwards. Smiling to herself Niala paused by the bench near the door under which their shoes were kept. Slipping out of her boots she slid them carefully beneath the bench before hanging her bag up on one of the many hooks available. With her book still in hand she headed then into the kitchen, rolling up her sleeves only long enough to wash and thoroughly dry her hands, before pulling them back down again - she as always so easily cold here, not only due to having come from Suna, but also due to the fact that she didn’t have an ounce of fat on her to offer her any sort of protection against the slightest of chills in the air.

Picking up her book she headed into the dining room, setting it down at the table before sitting in her usual chair where a smile spread immediately across her face as her blue hues took in the sight of dinner: chicken and broccoli served over rice.

-Thread Exit-

Word Count: 680 | 1,910

Trained:
Reaction Time E0 → E1: 1,910 – 75 = 1,835
Reaction Time E1 → E2: 1,835 – 150 = 1,685
Reaction Time E2 → E3: 1,685 – 225 = 1,460
Reaction Time E3 → D0: 1,460 – 300 = 1,160

Perception E0 → E1: 1,160 – 75 = 1,085
Perception E1 → E2: 1,085 – 150 = 935
Perception E2 → E3: 935 – 225 = 710
Perception E3 → D0: 710 – 300 = 410

Speed E0 → E1: 410 – 75 = 335
Speed E1 → E2: 335 – 150 = 185

Endurance E0 → E1: 185 – 83 = 102 (10% increase due to Clan)

Strength E0 → E1: 102 – 83 = 19 (10% increase due to Clan)

Discarding 19 Words

Last edited by Niala on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kensaku

Kensaku

D-rank
When Niala answered his inquiry about the book she was reading, he was not surprised by it being about something within the medical field. He, along with their parents, knew of Niala’s interest in the medical field. Being the gentle and shy one of the two, the area of study perfectly suited her. What surprised him, and it showed with his eyes widening a little, was the having to deal with the harmful side of medical ninjutsu; the side meant to maim or kill another person potentially. Never did he think his twin would look into such a dark aspect, but, he should have expected it sooner than later. Their occupation rarely, if ever, allowed anyone to go through it without having to take another human being life, either in self-defense or to prevent something from reaching the ears of the wrong people. And while Niala could continue her pursuit of becoming a successful medic, there will come a moment where she will undoubtedly have to take the life of another person. She seems to understand this, and taking steps in learning how to accomplish such a task with the specialization she prides herself in. He could not fault her for doing that, “I bet. It will probably help you against those who used medical ninjutsu as an offensive weapon, and maybe, you will find some ideas for your own in that niche area. The field is one of the most diverse one there is.”, He spoke, opening the giant wooden doors, and allowing Niala to walk through before following suit.

Seeing the look of concern etched on her features when he placed the large trench coat on her, securing it on her small frame and making sure she could not trip over it, he smiled warmly, “Don’t worry.”, playfully booping her nose, “The house is not too far away, so I will be fine.” He waited to see if she would argue against the idea of him walking home without a jacket, that was now on her. With nothing coming from his gesture, he could only assume his twin had gotten used to his behavior. When it came to her, Kensaku does not hesitate in making sure she is safe and well off, even at the expense of his safety at times. There is no point in arguing with him because his mind was already made up; Niala would be wearing his jacket until they got home, and into a warmer environment. Allowing her to walk in the cold without any protection was simply wrong, and he would not be about to look at himself in the mirror if he did that.

Making it to their home, Kensaku unlocked the door with the key on his person, announcing his presence to his mother, who he could hear making her way towards them. Hearing shuffling to the side of him, he turned towards Niala, folding the handed back coat over his left shoulder, “Anytime, sis.”, He spoke, ruffling her hair, and it was during that interaction where their mother made it to the door. Kensaku chuckled alongside their mother as she commented on Niala’s whereabouts, having should know where she was. “I bet if she could, she would live there.”, He spoke in jest, referring to the large amount of time which Niala spends at the library, Unfortunately, the comment made their mother look at him, “You are one to talk. You spend as much time there as she does.” Flushing in embarrassment after having been called out on his love for reading, Kensaku tried to think of a responsible, but could not. Thankfully, there was no need for not only was their father home, but the food was done as well.

Following his twin example, Kensaku slipped off his shoes, and slid them underneath the bench were some other footwear was kept and hung his trench coat on one of the coat hooks nearby. Walking into the kitchen, Kensaku washed his hands alongside his twin and dried them thoroughly once done. Walking towards dinner room, Kensaku immediately spotted both of his parents idly chatting. The chatting came to a stop when his and Niala’s father noticed them both, getting out of the chair to hug both of his children, before returning to sit down. For the longest of times, Kensaku always remembers how their father would hug them before going to work and after coming home. He never bothered in asking why, but, he assumed it had to do something with the occupation he, and now they, were in.

Not wanting his thoughts to stray, he focused his attention on the food laid out before them. It being exactly what he thought it was,  chicken and broccoli served over rice, a favorite of his twin. Sitting down beside her, he noticed the big smile on her face, “Looks good, doesn’t it?”, he asked.“You going to eat more than one serving this time?” He jested, getting a chuckle from his parents as they all knew about Niala’s eating habits. As the chuckling died down, their mother is saying it was time to eat, Kensaku could not stop from smiling as he enjoyed a meal with the people he loved.

Exited Thread | Finished

WC: 877[2091]

Strength [E-0 -> E-3] | 450 x 10%  | 495
Endurance [E-0 -> E-3] | 450 x 10% | 495
10% WC Increase(Chikamatsu Drawback for Strength and Endurnace)
Speed [E-0 -> E-3] | 450
Reaction Time [E-0 -> E-3] | 450
Perception[E-0 -> E-1] | 75
Total WC: 1965 
Discard: 126

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.