You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Little Assisstance (Private,Ria,NK) Empty A Little Assisstance (Private,Ria,NK) Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
The warm Iwagakure afternoon was starting to roll into the village. Harichimo was in his temporary apartment. He was sorting through some items and making a list of thing he needed to. He had boxes of various medical supplies and training gloves sorted through out the kitchen and living area. Today he had scheduled a sort of demonstration in order to raise interest in the Iwagakure special divisions. With the disappearences some higher ranking individuals the task of bringing in new blood was coming down to him. After his sixth or seventh check of the list he still seemed to be missing a few items that would be used later on. He would have to head into the shopping district and buy up the rest after some of the academy instructors would come and pick up what he had gathered. It was only a bag or two of minor items what would help to ensure there would be as little trouble as possible during the demonstrations.

Harichimo pushed all the boxes into the living room and into a neat pile. He would then head into his room and start his preparations before heading out to shop. He changed into his more formal attire with black pants, nicer black sneakers, and a plain dress shirt. He would then a roll of bandages to wrap up his arms in the usual fashion since he would go right to the academy with the items. Once he brought the bandages to the last wrap he would tug them tight to ensure they were to his liking. There was then a ring at the door and he was quick to try and traverse around the mound of boxes and to the door. When he opened the door he was greeted by the team tasked with moving the supplies to the academy. He would let them in and with little other words he would grab his Monolith coat off of the rack and leave them to their work. They had the hard part of taking all these supplies on a cart and hand them out to young prospects with interest in learning about or joining the special divisions.

He would quickly sling it on as the gold trim caught the sunlight and accented his departure. It would be a short trip to hit up the out skirts of the shopping districts where he would hopefully find the few items he needed for later. He would walk down the road as some merchants stood outside hollering to get attention or setting out their boards of deals. He didn't have the time today to be distracted by all the nonsense. After some walking he would happen upon a shop with some posters of the items he needed up in the window. He would walk inside and find a younger couple working and with a wave he would slowly walk to the front of the shop and see if he could spy what he was looking for among the few lines of isles and colorful displays.

Ria Pen

Ria Pen

D-rank
Standing in the middle of the market district, Ria all but breathed in the life of Iwagakure at three in the afternoon. Vendors hollered at reduced prices and tourists bargained with shopkeepers to keep their wallets full and fat. The imagery laid out in front of her resembled a typical Iwagakure afternoon, in one of the densest and busiest places in the Land of Earth.

"We'll just be a moment," her mother called out even as her and her husband's feet brought the couple away from their daughter. Ria barely attempted a wave before letting her eyes wander the sights. Her parents often made the trip to the marketplace to hunt down suppliers with better deals. With no ties to ninja save the village they called home and the girl they called a daughter, her family, the Daigos, made a living running a humble but popular convenience store, the Blue Sparrow. They still had crates of supplies stashed away in the warehouse, but entrepreneurs didn't make do simply for the now, but also for the later. Or so her father preached.

Ria herself, while ever a patron at her family's convenience store (if only because there was nowhere else to go), didn't share the passion or mind for business as either of her parents. Likely because she didn't share the same last name or blood as either of them. It was the chief reason drawing her to the Academy; she was built for adrenaline and the field, not remaining within the walls of a village she didn't know. It was the chief reason drawing her to the grownups section of the marketplace, where fires and forgeries and gambling and weaponry called home. No place anyone would expect to find an eleven-year-old.

One shop in particular caught her eye, with its assortment of weapons lined up mouth-wateringly on the display. At the Academy, Ria had been one of many sighted in the schoool's daily Bukijutsu lessons, but only one of few actively chasing the instructor for pointers. Weapons just stood out to her, and there was a certain peace when she held a sword in her hand, even if it was only one made of wood.

So engrossed in her sight-seeing, Ria failed to catch herself entering the shop itself and gliding down the aisle that was, for all intents and purposes, off limits to children prone to hurting themselves. Yet she wasn't a child... if only she had a headband to prove it. Eleven-year-olds seldom got to graduate ahead of their peers, and her surprising performance had left her senseis confounded as to whether to approve her graduation or delay her another year. Or, more accurately, if they had the guts to spill to her parents that she'd be leaving on missions a year earlier than anyone had expected.

So engrossed was she as her eyes landed on another sword, sculpted thin and long from metal hard and rough, that she didn't realise she'd come to the end of the aisle, bumping rudely into a man in front of her and landing straight on her bum from the impact. Looking up, she was greeted with the sight of someone who seemed much more at home in a store such as this, compared to herself. Dressed in nearly all black, the man in front of her stood almost as tall as her father, and Ria took a half second to gaze at him in surprise before dusting herself off the ground.

"Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

Words { 607 | 607 }

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo was in his own little world, not paying attention to anything around him as he scanned the shelves. Kunai, throwing stars, and other needlessly small ninja tools were what stuck out to him the most but they were not what he was after. The items he was looking for were advertised outside on the posters in the windows as if they were premier, front and center goods, but they seemed to be more hidden among the items on the shelves. He just stood there trying to catch a glimpse of anything that looked like what he was after, when he suddenly felt a light bump on his leg. As if someone tapped it with a sack of potatoes. He snapped out of his moment of blankness to see a shorter girl now flat on her butt on the ground looking up at him and apologizing for bumping into him. He jumped back feeling a little guilty for just zoning out and getting into someone's way. She seemed to be very young from the sound of her voice and appearance but what caught his attention was the shinobi head band. Harichimo thought to himself. She must be fresh out of the academy or they are graduating them sooner and sooner to try and fill out the ranks. But with how things have been going around the village I can't really blame them. But there has to be something to this one if they let her go through. 

Harichimo would smile and reply to her. "You are fine it's my fault for not paying attention and standing in the middle of the place. My name is Harichimo Kazako, captain of the Monoliths. And you?" Harichimo would let the girl speak and introduce herself before he would look back around at the shelves of items he had no use for. He needed to cut his visit here as short as possible in order to help the proctors set up at the academy and leave them to do all the work. But now he had a possible assistant standing in front of him to cut the amount of store to search by half. He would turn back to the small shinobi. "Well it is quite an honor to meet you. Now I may need a hand if you would be so kind to help. I am looking for a couple of items that will be used during a demonstration I am doing at the academy later. Would you be willing to help me find somethings in exchange for a front row seat? I just need to find some small things that seem to be rather hidden at the moment and then we could hurry on down to the academy grounds and it would only take a short while to set up. Does that sound like something you would be interested in?" Harichimo would ask and let the girl think about it before he would tell her what he needed her to grab.

501/ 1009

Ria Pen

Ria Pen

D-rank
"You are fine it's my fault for not paying attention and standing in the middle of the place. My name is Harichimo Kazako, captain of the Monoliths. And you?"

Ria recognised the name. The Monoliths were one of Iwagakure's most elite group, consisting primarily of six taijutsu users. Perhaps the name Harichimo Kazako didn't strike her as much as it should have, but then again ninja didn't like to advertise their techniques and identities so it was almost entirely plausible that in their syllabus, even if it was learning about their own village, the teachers had opted to leave out the identities of anyone who wasn't too public a figure. Harichimo may have been one of them though Ria suspected the captain of the monoliths would be rather well known. Either that or Harichimo had recently been promoted to the position, but from what she could tell, he was more then enthusiastic about it.

"I'm Ria. Ria Pen," she introduced. She watched as he looked back around, and she followed his gaze though she couldn't really see anything around her of note.

"Well it is quite an honor to meet you. Now I may need a hand if you would be so kind to help. I am looking for a couple of items that will be used during a demonstration I am doing at the academy later. Would you be willing to help me find somethings in exchange for a front row seat?"

The moment he mentioned the Academy, Ria's face blanched. She bore the place no illwill, and the Academy was a symbol of not only strength, but also of beauty to the residents of Iwagakure. Still, the symbol of beauty was often built on the foundations of something less beautiful, and in this case it was of the grit of children who were too young and immature to understand social stigmas. It was just a flash, likely just a small twitch that could be passed off as little more than a facial quirk.

"I just need to find some small things that seem to be rather hidden at the moment and then we could hurry on down to the academy grounds and it would only take a shrot while to set up. Does that sound like something you would be interested in?"

Ria's silence should've told all she wanted to do with the man, but the mention of the Monoliths did intrigue her. Either way though, she responded with the innocence of an eleven-year-old, well-practiced and groomed from, well, eleven years of practice being an, as anyone could've guessed, eleven-year-old.

"What are you looking for, mister?"

Words { 454 | 1061 }

Sorry this was a very rushed piece of work.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.