You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just Another Job [Private] Empty Just Another Job [Private] Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 am

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
Some people spend their whole lives searching for a profound meaning, some grand design bigger than themselves to blame and point to when things go badly. Desperate, they claw at and cling to the dogmas of religion or the words of silver-tongued leaders, begging for a release from the truth: We are alone in this world, each and every one of us. There are no sagely and loving gods in the skies above offering us support or salvation. The men whom you place your trust in and follow like sheep to a herder are conmen who seek nothing more than to leverage your naivety for their own ascent to power. If you’re still sitting stagnant in this world waiting for a handout or whatever you perceive “justice” to be, sorry to break it to you, but it’s not coming. Good or bad, right or wrong, there is only you to place your trust in. I had to learn that quickly…

A white flash of lightning illuminates the sky silently, prefacing the arrival of the violent roar of a thunderclap. Sounds of a heavy downpour slamming against a darkened window echo in a luxurious office in the downtown area of Konohagakure.

Kyohei glared silently through the dimly lit room at the back of an amber colored, leather office char that faced the back wall. The tension in the room was palpable as Kyohei, the man in the chair, and his two guards all waited to see who would be the first to break the silence in their current situation. With each passing moment the air in the room seemed to get heavier and heavier, all of the men anxiously waiting for what seemed to be an inevitable objection from the Uchiha in regards to the latest assignment that had just been handed to him in letter form.

“Are you really just going to sit there? Sheesh, kids these days.” growled the rugged voice belonging to the man hidden by the backwards facing chair. Suddenly the chair would be spun around with gusto, revealing an older, heavyset man. Kyohei’s eyes immediately locked with the dull, brown eyes of the man across the desk from him. He had come to know the man’s look all too well from the time he had been in his employment. Every feature of the man was familiar to the Uchiha; his balding head, leaving the sides unshaved as if desperately trying to cling to his youth, his the salt & pepper goatee which lined his disgusting mouth, the same brand of cigar that always seemed to be blowing smoke from the man’s direction. All of them Kyohei found disgusting. “What? None of that legendary Uchiha rage? And here I was expecting sparks to fly. I have to say I’m disappointed in you, Kyohei. Aren’t you going to at least attempt to talk your way out of this job? Hit me with a logical reason for someone else to be better suited for this work. Ask me to cancel the job altogether. Appeal to my humanity. Something! You’re making this not even fun.”

525/3000

2Just Another Job [Private] Empty Re: Just Another Job [Private] Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 am

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
Kyohei’s face remained unmoving, not willing to give the man across from him the satisfaction of any kind of meaningful reaction. “My line of work rarely involves having fun,” the Uchiha stated coldly, maintaining his eerily calm eye contact with the man across the desk, “And I’m here on business. If I wanted to go somewhere for fun I’d have went to the movies. But I’ve got to say, I’m the one who’s disappointed here. All this time you’ve called on me for my skills and you still expect anything less than professionalism from me. I’m hurt. This is just another job after all.”

The man’s brow furrowed and he squinted with a look of suspicion and concern over the words that had been spoken to him. “You can’t possibly mean that,” the man exclaimed, his previously jovial tone becoming a good deal more serious, “This isn’t the kind of thing people blow off casually as ‘just another job’, not even you. I tried to make light of it, but when this job was put in front of me even I hesitated to make the call. This can’t just mean absolutely nothing to you. It can’t. That’s just not right. I understand trying to play tough guy, but if you can’t do it then just-“

“Can’t do it?” the Uchiha interjected, abruptly cutting off his opposite number mid-sentence, “How many years has it been now since we first started working together? You’ve known me long enough to know that I don’t fail. The fact that this message was sent to you and that you called me to have this discussion now means that enough people, or at least the right people believe that I can. The circumstances surrounding the job are irrelevant. As long as it isn’t so outrageous that it is infeasible, which this is not, I can do it.”

“I have known you for a long time,” the man replied, putting out his cigar in the ash tray atop the rosewood table, “That’s why I never intended for you to actually take the job. It was supposed to be a little joke, but giving you a heads up about the situation. This is too much, even for you.”

“Aww, don’t tell me that you’re getting all sentimental on me now,” Kyohei answered tauntingly, “You and I both know that when a job like this comes in, it doesn’t just go away. Say I refuse it. How long before the job is posted to a larger audience? You don’t take these messages from the kind of men that make requests like this idly. One way or another, they’ll find a way to get what they want. At least this way things will be done on my terms. So I’ll make contact when it’s done.”

Kyohei used the chair’s arms to push himself up to his feet and said nothing as he turned away from the man and began walking towards the exit of the office. It was clear by the look on the man’s face that he was skeptical of the whole situation and had more that he wanted to say. But it was too late for that. The time for empty words was over. Only action would resolve this now.

572 | 1097~

3Just Another Job [Private] Empty Re: Just Another Job [Private] Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
Kyohei walked through opulent hallways of the upscale office building, doing his best to be inconspicuous as he wove in and out of sight. As he walked by the center of the floor he passed by two older men standing by the elevator, waiting for their lift, but he would not be joining them. Instead, he would walk all the way to the backside of the floor, finding the door to the staircase. His eyes glanced over the ‘Emergency Fire Exit’ sign once before completely ignoring it and walking through. He had done this enough times to know that there was no alarm tied to this door in particular, despite what the warnings read.

Each thud of Kyohei’s boots hitting the concrete stairs echoed through the empty chamber. One after another, it became almost rhythmic as he went down flight after flight. Stepping down from the eight floor, he did his best to distance himself from conversation he had just had. Thud. Thud. Thud. His mind stayed focused on the sounds of his steps. As many times as he had made this exact walk out of that office, the ritual had become almost therapeutic. It was his own little ‘pre-game’ ritual, if you would, getting his mind in focus for the task at hand. With it he blocked out all outside distractions, or at least he attempted to. This time however, was different.

When Kyohei reached the ground floor he would stop to look around and take a breath. In the small chamber there were two doors: one to the lobby and the emergency exit leading directly outside. Guess which door he wasn’t allowed to take. Couldn’t have him being too visible or risk people connecting the dots. His routes through the designated meeting places were pre-planned, allowing for his employers to take the necessary precautions to preserve their own operation like deactivating security cameras. Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to be the type of person who entered places like these through the front lobby rather than sneaking in and out of the back, but he had learned to quickly silence thoughts like those and made his way out of the emergency exit door.

The Uchiha didn’t bother with an umbrella, instead lifting up the black hood of his jacket as he stepped into the pouring rain just on the other side of the door. As he stepped out of the alley he glanced side to side as if to make sure no one was waiting for him and quickly took a hard right away from the building and began making his trek home. One would think that the sounds and noises of the city and the storm above would do a better job drowning out the sound of his own thoughts than the silent and empty staircase, but alas it was not the case. Walking through that door was like walking back into the real world. As soon as the raindrops hit his face, it was like all of his problems came back to reality.

Back in the office upstairs, the man with whom Kyohei had spoken previously stared out of his window and watched as the young Uchiha made his way out of site. “See boss, you worry too much. He took the job just fine. Didn’t seem like he was too broken up about it,” said the burly bodyguard at his side. “Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of.” The man replied as he turned away from the window and lit another cigar.

“Well,” Kyohei thought to himself as he continued to stomp his way through the rain on his way home, “Time to get to work.”

621 | 1717~

4Just Another Job [Private] Empty Re: Just Another Job [Private] Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
Now completely drenched from the downpour he walked home in, Kyohei approached his front door silently. His right hand rummaged around in his pocket, searching for the single key that he kept off the chain. The address was new, brand new in fact. It had barely been a week since he and his father had moved in. He was getting very tired of bouncing around from place to place, but what could he expect with this drunkard of a father who’d rather spend his rent money drinking and gambling. Pulling the key from his pocket he stared at it intently, remembering that he was supposed to go to a locksmith and have a copy made. Oh well. His father would probably be in too much of a drunken stupor by now to remember anything about it. He’d get it done tomorrow.

Kyohei slid the key into the lock, having to fiddle with it for a moment before it decided it would be able to turn. He really hated cheap shit like that. He swung open the door angrily and shut it behind him only to immediately get a look at his father passed out on the kitchen table next to an entire bottle of sake that looked bone dry. Rolling his eyes, the young Uchiha attempted to walk past him without waking him, but to no avail. The drunken grunting let him know the man was waking up, much to his chagrin.

“Kyohei?” the man slurred, barely able to sit up straight in his own chair.

“Yeah, what is it?” Kyohei replied apathetically, just wanting to get through this conversation as quickly as possible.

“What is it? Look at this place. It’s a fucking mess,” the man complained.

“And what do you want me to do about it?” Kyohei inquired with no small amount of sass.

“Don’t play stupid. This place isn’t going to clean itself,” his father continued.

“No, and neither am I. Do I look like a maid to you?” Kyohei snapped back.

“Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to? You better show me some respect in my own goddamned house,” the man shouted.

“Yeah, whatever,” Kyohei sneered as he walked away and directly into his room, closing the door behind him to put a barrier between he and his father as well as for some much needed privacy. He knelt on the ground beside his bed and reached his right arm underneath, stretching the limits of his reach to grab a black duffle bag he kept all the way in the back towards the wall. He pulled the bag out roughly, knocking aside any other bags that might have been in the way of its path, with no regards for their contents. When it had successfully cleared the side of the bed he would swing the bag up onto his mattress, the clanking sounds of metal ringing through the sturdy material. Bag in hand he would step back out into the apartment, walking to the kitchen table and slamming the bag down on it purposefully, forcibly waking him up once more.

522 | 2239~

5Just Another Job [Private] Empty Re: Just Another Job [Private] Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
“The hell is your problem?” Kyohei’s father mumbled as he rubbed his ringing head.

“Get your shit off the table. I’m working tonight and I need the space to get ready,” Kyohei retorted, glaring his father down angrily.

His father sat silently, understanding even in his drunken state what ‘working’ and the presence of that bag implied for his son. For a moment he felt a shred of guilt for how his family life had turned out, but in a moment that clarity was gone in a drunken outburst. “How’s this for clearing the table?” he sneered as he swung his arm across the table in front of him, sending the glass bottle he had drank from earlier crashing against the floor, “Now clean that up.”

Kyohei glared at his father angrily, not making a sound other than the slam of a black, plastic briefcase against the wooden table top. Pop went each of the claps on the briefcase’s front and up he swung it open, revealing a collection of blades and shinobi equipment. It was part of the stash of weapons that Kyohei only took out when he had the full intention of killing someone. The first item he removed from the case was a pair of black gloves that laid atop the weapons. One at a time he slid them on, never taking his eyes off his hands. Once both gloves were on he started removing knives, kunai, and shuriken of different sizes from the case, feeling their weight and inspecting the blade for sharpness, determining which weapons would serve him best for the task at hand.

All the while, his father tried to avoid looking at his son’s preparations, the guilt of his own failure once more seeping in, but he always found himself glancing back. He did not enjoy watching this scene, thinking of his son as some cold-blooded killer, but this is what their lives had come to. “What do you need all of those for? A blade’s a blade. You should only need one to do a job. Stop being so dramatic,” the drunk said grumpily.

“Because when you have a special job to do, you want to make sure that the weapon you choose is the right one. You might only get one chance to use it. Might as well make it count,” Kyohei replied, running a fingertip gently against the blade of the knife in his hand, satisfied with the sharpness.

416 | 2655~

6Just Another Job [Private] Empty Re: Just Another Job [Private] Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Kyohei

Kyohei

D-rank
“And what’s so special about this job?” His father asked.

Kyohei said nothing right away, only a smirk curling onto his lips as he registered the inquiry. “What’s so special about this job?” Kyohei continued just before thrusting the knife in his hand into his father’s throat, “Why, you’re the guest of honor.”

The young Uchiha looked directly into his father’s eyes, committing every ounce of fear and confusion in the man’s eyes to memory. How long had he waited for the day he would be given the chance to do this? When he was given the assignment back at the office and all the way up to the blade piercing his flesh, Kyohei was racked with doubt and hesitance. Even as he pushed the blade into his victim Kyohei felt a deep sense of guilt and horror at his own actions. He was doing this to his own father. This whole thing was surely a bad dream. But after the initial shock, something snapped. He began to feel more and more normal, vindicated even. His father was a stupid, unreliable pig of a man. He deserved this fate. This was mercy. He deserved worse.

Having cut and turned the knife in his throat, Kyohei ensured that his father would not be speaking another word for the remainder of their time together. “I’m sure you are asking yourself why,” Kyohei began with a sinister chuckle, “But is it really that surprising? Everything bad that has ever happened to this family is because of you. My sister… because of you.”

The Uchiha’s face would contort from a smirk to a visage teeming with rage as he pulled back the knife, only to plunge it back in as hard as he could. Then again. And again. Within a few moments the look of fear and shock in his father’s eye had faded with his last spark of life. Kyohei found himself breathing heavily, more worked up than he would ever care to admit to being. He backtracked a single step, then stumbled back into the wooden chair opposite of where what was left of his father sat. He would not move from that spot for the remainder of the night, not sleeping, just staring at his work and what he had done. In that moment Kyohei felt the sting of despair once more, but as the minutes ticked by he began to feel a new, unfamiliar sensation. A thrill that set his blood on fire and made him feel invincible: freedom.

[Close]

428 | 3083~

3 Tomoe Sharingan Training: 3000/3000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.