You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
Rules:

Anon stood quietly on the scaffolding, looking out among the site of construction going on, his arms crossed over his chest. The shinobi had worn his normal clothing, retro shinobi wear, as well as a black mask that covered the bottom half of his face from the bridge of his nose down. The mask led into his netted shirt, being tucked under it. His snow white hair blew in the slight breeze, and if one didn't look closely enough, they might mistake him for a certain renowned figure. He was standing here, waiting for his new squad to arrive, something he hadn't expected to do. Newly appointed to lead a squad of genin, the chuunin level ninja was beside himself, trying to figure out what he could lead them to do when he had been a  genin himself not long ago.

He was still supposed to report to his own sensei, but for the most part he was in charge of the three he'd soon be meeting. He had their files with him, in a small pack upon the scaffolding near his feet, but he hadn't bothered to look through them as of yet. He didn't want to make any judgments until he met them.  Which, should be soon if the sun was any indication. He'd given three letters to another chuunin of the village, who begrudgingly agreed to deliver them to his new would be squad mates. Hopefully by this time they had received them and were on their way. They had about an hour to meet, as he'd asked them to come to the construction site in Konoha by one in the afternoon. Still, he was almost worried they wouldn't come.

The letter he sent out read as follows:

Please report to the construction site in Konohagakure no Sato for a squad meeting. You've been assigned to squad number four, led by Anon Brier of the Mitarashi. Please come in clothing you don't mind dirtying as we will be doing a special sort of training after the meet and greet is over. If you bring weapons or items that is fine, but they most likely will not be necessary. The meeting will take place at one in the afternoon, gather at the scaffolding in the very front of the site. Thank you.

Anon began to think that perhaps his letter was far too formal, or perhaps far too polite. Should he have been more brash and ordered them to come? Told them he would work them into the dirt? Were squad leaders supposed to be tougher on their squad mates? So many thoughts swam within his head and he couldn't help but feel a bit daunted by all of them. He was sad for a bit that he didn't get Supaku for his squad, at least then he'd have felt a bit better about it. Instead he'd gotten three people he wasn't sure about, only one of their names ringing a modicum of familiarity to him. Still, it was his squad and he would do his best to lead them and keep them alive at the same time.

Anon turned towards where his squad would come from, looking down at the ground which was some twenty meters below. He had marked the places for them to gather in different shades of chalk in the shape of x's. One colour was red, another was green, and the final one was blue. He figured that the user of fire release as their stronger release would take red, the suiton user would take blue, and the mokuton user would take green. At least, that was the hope, it wasn't like he'd detailed any of that in his letter. Suddenly, he felt regret at having not done so and shook his head at his own absentmindedness or perhaps just plain forgetfulness. This was going to be a hell of a ride if today was anything to go on.

2Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Laying lazily in the garden under her own treehouse, Airi was quietly reading a josei manga as she enjoyed the warm rays of the sun. Her parents were out for the day, and she had little to nothing to do for a change. School was out, genin missions were on the quieter end what with the new batch of overly eager new genin jumping on just about every mission reared its head, and someone seemed to be eager lately to gather all the herbs she was usually looking for, leaving her with all the time in the day to do whatever she wanted to do.

Airi couldn't say if someone was vying on her unofficial 'flowergirl' position or if there had simply been such a crazy influx of need for a few of the more commonly used herbs, but since summer would provide plenty of time and means for the herbs to regrow, she worried little. She had a good stock readied from when she had been preparing for her journey out of Konoha with Nanashi, and had been given little need to use that so far.

Great was her surprise when the mail man suddenly stepped into the lush grass of the Senju's estate garden to hand her a letter. Though she thanked the man, she looked perplexed at the letter in her hands. This letter... was addressed to her? It was a most odd thing to be given a letter when she usually was seen in the streets, called out or simply was given a message by a friend of a friend, or her parents even, when they saw them. Curiously, she opened the letter to read its contents:

Please report to the construction site in Konohagakure no Sato for a squad meeting. You've been assigned to squad number four, led by Anon Brier of the Mitarashi. Please come in clothing you don't mind dirtying as we will be doing a special sort of training after the meet and greet is over. If you bring weapons or items that is fine, but they most likely will not be necessary. The meeting will take place at one in the afternoon, gather at the scaffolding in the very front of the site. Thank you.

As if receiving a letter wasn't already feeling out of place, she had to reread the one sentence that seemed make her day even more odd than it already was. You've been assigned to squad number four; She had never been appointed to a squad before, neither did she ever undertake missions with someone else. Every mission she had taken had been one that fit her just fine - that of a ranger familiar with the woods.

The squad leader's name, on the other hand, was familiar. Anon Brier. Wasn't he the guy from Sunagakure that she had guided through the most important streets of Konoha? She sure thought so. But why was a Suna-nin leading their squad? That didn't make much sense, but she was glad to hear he was doing well enough as it were.

Tucking the letter between the pages of her unfinished josei manga, she climbed in her treehouse, dumped the manga on an empty dresser and jumped into something more fitting for training than the simple white dress she had been wearing. She opted for a reinforced white battle dress which covered neck, chest, upper arms and half of her thighs, along with black leggings to cover her legs, and picking a pair of leather fingerless gloves and sturdy white boots to match. Even if she preferred walking around bare-footed, she assumed a rant would follow if she appeared without wearing anything decent to her feet - she knew her parents certainly would complain.

Once ready, she jumped down from her treehouse and made her way towards the construction site where she was supposed to meet them. She still had plenty of time, as it were, but Airi wasn't really one to wait until the last minute only to hurry up like a mad woman. If she arrived an hour too early, that was just as fine.

3Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 am

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
Jamie was busy eating breakfast with his family while Tsume licked his feet playfully as he resisted laughing. He was still a bit hard to communicate with, but his family accepted him for the little red mess that he was. As he was busy finishing up and getting changed he got given a letter by his mom Ashi. Jamie then began to read the letter carefully as he blinked a few times.

"Mom, I got a squad" as Ashi congratulated him by throwing him into the air as he just looked scared and nervous before landing in her arms again. "I am not a baby" as he pouted a bit, even though he was not too much against it she put him down realizing if she over did it he might actually go into a bad mood for the rest of the day.

Jamie went to his room and got changed, he decided to put on his new sakura t-shirt he got recently as well some basic shorts for easy mobility. He adjusted the sheathe for his tanto as he had it hang horizontal behind his back as usual. He put the kunai in the one pocket and the three shuriken in the other pocket. He tried to brush his hair as it lay flat for a few seconds before popping up and going back to its usual look as he gave up on that. He was not sure what to put on his feet, but he hated shoes for some reason as he decided to just put on these new shoes his mom got him, they were some kind of sneaker of sorts as they had a nice cushion inside which made them better for running. The shoes were pink to match his t-shirt and so he made his way towards the meeting location.

Along the way he noticed Airi who seemed to be heading in the same direction as him as he decided to move closer to her as he waved. "Hi Airi, nice outfit" as he tried to make conversation and the comment on her outfit was simply because he was told to compliment ladies when they change their usual clothes. Though it looked weird on her as he was used to her wearing more fairy like clothing as he would just move in to about a half a meter next to her. He had no reason to hurry, but it was nice to see a familiar face along the way.

(513)

4Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:51 am

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
It seemed that Anon had quite some time before anyone else would show up, he should have asked them to meet him earlier than he had but it was too late to do such a thing now. Anon sighed and sat down, looking about the place he was waiting in. It was a nice enough place, he had mostly planned for them to do physical labour as a means of training. He looked up, having noticed a shadow over his roost and noticed a large primate esque form perched upon another, higher scaffolding across from his own. The Mitarashi tilted his head questioningly and stood once more, widening his stance only slightly and getting to a squared off position.

The monkey king shook his head and held up his large hand as a sign of peace, before jumping over to the scaffolding Anon stood on, causing it to shake a bit. Keeping his balance as best he could, the chuunin level ninja watched the regally dressed monkey stand at his full height, only a few inches taller than himself. The monkey nodded curtly to him before speaking. "Unfortunately, whatever you had planned today is going to be changed.  I was asked by your errant sensei to help train you and the two genin under your command. According to the marks on the ground down there you made earlier," he used a large metal staff that Anon hadn't noticed in his other hand to point down to the x's written in chalk that was done earlier. "According to those you believed you would get a full squad. You appeared to not have done your due diligence. In any case, I am Monkey King Eizo. You may refer to me as such or even 'your highness.' I will hear of nothing else from your or the others."

Anon was taken aback a bit at the appearance of an armed monkey, even more so to find out that he had a sensei who had instead chose to send the monkey to him for training the three of them. Instead of reacting in the way one normally would at having been put underneath a sensei, and his.. Hm. Not a pet but something else, normally one would get angry or sour. Instead, Anon was relieved and deeply bowed to the regal form of Eizo that stood in front of him. The proud monkey king nodded to the being before him acknowledging the station that was the King of Monkeys. "I appreciate your assistance, Monkey King Eizo. I was a bit lost, I'll admit, when I was tasked with a squad. This will make things much easier on myself, but I imagine only in the sense that I will not have to teach the genin. I do need to ask, who is my sensei? And other than a king.. What manner of person or creature are you? I apologize if this is rude but I'm not used to seeing such a regally dressed animal, let alone one that can speak."

The monkey king was indeed happy that he was bowed to and addressed as his full title, the questions of the young human did seem to bother him slightly though. They weren't asked with the tact one normally would use with royalty. "I am the Monkey King, but in the sense of you ninja, I have a contract with your sensei. A man not so much affiliated with your village any longer, but your sensei nonetheless. He is Mitsuo Sarutobi, and in less words, I am a summon. When shinobi meet animals of great distinction and power, they usually take one of two routes. The first being to learn senjutsu from them, which we'll not go into at this moment. The second path they can take is to form a contract with them. This allows the shinobi to summon them from across even the expanse of the five great nations or time and space. Of course to do such you would need to be skilled in Fuuinjutsu as well as Ninjutsu. In any case, I am here to offer you and the two coming to meet you a challenge: you're all going to try to land one strike on me. Working as a unit. Based on your performances and tactics in doing so, I will relay the information to your sensei and you two or he and your kage will go from there. Understood?"

Anon's head was swimming with all the information he'd been given but he was sure of one thing: He'd learn ninjutsu as soon as he could if this is what such a thing would grant him. But still there was a question asked of him and he bowed low again to Eizo, coming back up and nodding. "Yes, monkey King Eizo. I understand. When the rest of the squad comes, I shall relay your message to them as well. Then we shall get on with the session of training. Truth be told, I was only going to have them perform manual labour to strengthen their bodies, this is definitely a much better idea." With that, the Monkey King silently nodded and Anon turned back towards where his two squad mates would come from, cursing himself for not knowing better.

OOC: For the purpose of this squad until I am special jounin, things have changed. Mitsuo is our Sensei-errant and he gave me permission to use his summon for us to train with. No worries, we just have to land a single hit and he won't be striking back. Probably.

890|1,564

Eizo:
[/color]

5Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
The scaffolding was already getting in sight, even though it was nothing more but a brown blur. Airi just knew the area well enough to recognise it in the back of her mind. From where she was, it was still easily a fifteen minute walk but since she had all the time in the world, that mattered little. As she strolled leisurely down the road, a familiar voice greeted her. Airi looked to her side, seeing Jamie suddenly come up in her sight. She flashed him a smile.

"Thank you.", she replied joyfully.

Since Jamie was dressed like Airi pretty much always saw him dressed, she couldn't say he looked out and about for a training. That wasn't to say the boy didn't train. He wouldn't be a genin if he didn't have the skill to be one or the potential to become something more even. It's just that Jamie looked so deceptively simple in his shinobi disguise it was hard for Airi to judge what his intentions of the day were.

"Are you out to gather herbs again?"

It was more an attempt to discover what he was about to do, but since she had been hearing from people that a young boy was 'stealing' her job as herb gatherer, she found it rather an amusing thing. To have him be inspired like this... Airi would never have expected herself to influence anyone to such an extend, even less a shinobi of the Village. And so she was curious if he'd be out to tackle another batch of herbs.

Total: 963

OOC: Short post to get stuff moving a little.

Airi: Yay! My new friend the Monkey King is here \ o /
... we're going to suffer, aren't we?

6Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
Jamie felt glad that Airi smiled for him, though he was not able to return a smile back at her. Smiling seemed so hard as Jamie wondered why he always struggled to do it. Her thanks was also a bit refreshing as they seemed to be heading in the same direction as it became even more clear.

She asked him if he was out gathering herbs again, the shock as she said that was simply from him not quite thinking straight at the time as he had a look of disbelief on his face. "Who told you?" as he was doing the mission, but it was not like it was spread out everywhere though to be honest the hospital staff get bored and gossip, as well as some people paying attention to these things. He would stay this way for a while until she replied or his emotions settled.

Jamie did feel a bit uncomfortable though as he had snuck one other item with him, something knew that he only started using recently, as it made him feel like he might hurt himself if he kept it there as he pulled his glaive shuriken out from under his shirt. He began to fidget under his shirt and pulled out his glaive shuriken as he shook it off to the side. "Sorry, this was getting a bit uncomfy" as he then just played with it a bit. like it was a ball you toss up and catch repeatedly while they walk. When they came to close proximity to the destination he would stop and then ask. "Airi... squad...four?" as it only hit him now that she might be in his squad.

(281)
[794]

OOC: Short post to keep me from doing flash backs

Jamie: Yay! My best friend the Fairy Queen is here \ o /
... we're going to drink tea, aren't we?

Sorry could not resist...

7Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
OOC: Skipping this post for me. I've done as much as I can waiting.

8Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Airi giggled at Jamie's surprise. Was he really oblivious of the gossips in the Village? Plenty of people spoke to each other, and common sights certainly didn't remain secret for long.

"Oh, people talk, you know. And as a student in iryojutsu I meet a lot of people telling me how hard you're working for the good of the community."

He suddenly dug up a glaive shuriken from under his shirt. As if that was the place to hide such a tool to begin with. Though it was hard to put a label of the stereotype shinobi, no matter which one it would be, Jamie certainly would not fit in that category.

"You could use the Item Sealing Technique to carry that. It'll be far less troublesome, right?", Airi sugggested. She was fairly certain Jamie knew that technique as much as any other genin shinobi, but she couldn't say why he didn't do so. Was he lacking scrolls to do so? Thinking about it, that was actually a plausible reason, considering she had met him back when he had no real place to call his home.

To think so much had changed in such a short time.

Airi felt happy for him. She had heard about him often being seen in Konohagakure, though she was still unaware of him being adopted. Seeing him with new clothes, at least, gave him the semblance of being better off than when they met. Peace and love were a good thing to have around.

As they neared the construction site, it became increasingly odd to notice Jamie was sticking around her. Wasn't he about to get herbs or walk in the forest? She was about to ask him what he was up to today, but Jamie was faster, cautiously asking about squad four.

"Yes. Yes, exactly.", she said, blinking. "I was asked to meet up for a squad meeting. You were as well?"

Talk about a coincidence. Anon Brier, Jamie. Two people she was somewhat familiar with. How high were the chances to that? While the question remained as how a Suna-nin would become her squad leader, she already felt comfortable knowing her squad didn't count any strangers.

As the two reached the scaffolding, she noticed the familiar face of Anon and -gasp- Monkey King Eizo. Was she dreaming? Was this really the second time she would see him for real? Unbelievable. Her own grand father hadn't laid eyes on the fabled monkey of his endless stories even once, and here she was, meeting him twice in a short time. It almost felt as if he had decided to live in Konohagakure.

"Hey, King Eizo. Hi, Anon. Long time no see.", she waved casually at both of them. And wondered if a hug was an appropriate thing to do during a squad meeting...

Total: 1442

Last edited by Senju Airi on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
Jamie was a bit surprised at the giggling by Airi.  She casually told him that people simply spoke and that her status as an iryojutsu student as he tried to figure that out since it sounded like a technique for making money.

When Airi suggested the item sealing technique, he did not want to mention that he was just not filled with a boat load of chakra to waste on sealing it away. He also did not have any scrolls either as he felt he needed to gather more money like Airi was with her ryojutsu training. He would later just hang the item around his sword's hilt to keep it on him.

When he asked her if she was in squad four, she said yes in an enthusiastic way that made him wonder if he was like a grumpy old man to Airi. She asked if he was also here for the meeting as he opened his hand showing a four sign then pointed at himself. "Me too", as he blushed after finally speaking before looking away to the side. Blushing was the only way one could ever tell if Jamie was happy, but it sometimes made it confusing since his face also turned red for other reasons like being in the sun too long or being sick as well.

After they walked for a while longer with Jamie occasionally just looking up to Airi wondering what they would do at the squad meeting, then looking to their destination and just alternating between these two things until finally they were there.

Jamie noticed the familiar face of the dual wielding stranger and the strange river monkey named Eizo, or at least he hoped it was as he did not want to make mistakes he let Airi take the lead. He trusted her and believed in her as well, as she spoke he was a bit shocked. The monkey was a King, and the other guy was Anon.

Jamie remembered the monkey, and then remembered the man who was with the monkey as fear nearly got to him as his heart raced he waved a bit timidly while positioning himself slightly behind Airi.

(364)
[1158]

10Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
Anon looked down quietly at the two who would come. It seemed they both knew who Eizo was, which made the Mitarashi the odd one out. With an internal sigh, Anon would move down to the files he had on the scaffolding and flip through them, gathering information on the two below, before getting a start on what they would be doing for the day. It seemed for the most part, neither of them needed weapons anyway. One specialized in ninjutsu and medical arts, the other specialized in ninjutsu and bukijutsu. It seemed he was also the odd man out when it came to having more than the bare bones basics on ninjutsu down. With a shake of his head, the man put the files back down and jumped off the scaffold to land on the ground below, stretching a bit. He looked back up at the monkey king who nodded and hopped down as well, smiling to the young Jamie and Airi, bowing to them. Anon's hunch about the three knowing each other was proved right with the next few words from the king.

'It is good to see you two again, I hope you have been keeping well since we last met at the river. I must apologize of Sarutobi. He can be a bit.. nostalgic at times. I'll be assisting your squad leader with your training today.' He noticed the timid wave from Jamie and waved back with a soft smile upon his primate lips. Anon quietly crossed his arms over his chest and looked from the Monkey King to the two he would be leading and quietly pieced his thoughts together before he himself spoke. "Hello, Airi. And you must be Jamie, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am Anon Brier of the Mitarashi and for all intents and purposes today, I am your leader. I report to our Sensei, Mitsuo Sarutobi who saw fit to send us his friend, Monkey King Eizo. He couldn't be here today I suppose, but with the King here we will be doing something different than I had originally planned so I hope the both of you have eaten and have your energy saved up for this one."

With an outward sigh this time, the ninja took the supportive nod from the Monkey King as a sign he could continue. "Today our training will consist of the three of us working together to attempt to land a blow upon the great Monkey King Eizo. As far as I know he will not be attacking us back, so we need not fear any true injuries. I'd just like to make it clear that unlike real battles and missions, this is a more or less safe environment and safe procedure. We must see exactly how well we can work together before we do anything more strenuous or, dare I say, dangerous. I know I told you weapons wouldn't be needed, but looking at your files, I doubt that would have mattered. You both seem to specialize in ninjutsu so that makes this much easier on us." The monkey king looked over Anon quietly and said nothing, only allowing the other two who had just joined them to take in the information as they would, allowing them to try to cope with what could be said.

While waiting for their responses, Anon made his way over to a small birdhouse that Konoha was known for having about the place. At least, it used to be, this one was likely still here to send word when supplies were needed. The ninja quietly grabbed a note piece of paper and wrote a few instructions on it, sending it off to find the shinobi he had originally sent his letter with. It wasn't until he realized they'd have to be doing combat exercises that he realized he hadn't actually brought his weapons with him. It would take the message only a few minutes to be delivered and for the weapons to get here and into his hands. One shouldn't go into battle unprepared, and the Mitarashi needed his short swords to be fully prepared in this case. When this was done, he walked back over and stood next to the monkey king once more, sighing a bit and scratching the back of his head bashfully. "Unfortunately, I did not plan for a combat exercise. I planned for physical labour. While I'm no stiff in a fight without them, I am more comfortable fighting with my swords." With that, he'd quietly wait for the others to be ready.

774|2,338

11Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:56 am

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Having arrived and greeted the rest of the team, King Eizo took the liberty to apologise for Mitsuo's odd behaviour, telling them he became nostalgic at times. Airi nodded. She didn't really know the man but she hoped he was doing fine. She was still curious about who this Ukiyo was, but decided this wasn't quite the moment to ask them about it.

Next spoke Anon, who explained why they were here and what everyone's role in this was. He would be their leader, and Mitsuo their sensei even though he couldn't be here now. Airi tilted her head a little, resting one of her hands on her thigh as she wasn't quite sure how that all worked. She had never been in a squad and wasn't very familiar with all the intricacies of it. All she knew was that they consisted out of a team of four - and to her, it sounded like they were four.

Anon then walked over to the bird house, sending a message to an unknown person. There had been a change of plan, upon which he had just now decided he could use the weapons which he had originally left behind. Airi looked at King Eizo for a moment. Personally, she didn't have much fighting experience aside from that one time with Hanbei - she wondered how the girl was doing - and that had caused her quite some harm. But even if the Monkey King didn't fight back, would she actually be of any use to them? She was so used to do things by herself that it was hard to say if she would be any good in a team.

Thinking about how to trap King Eizo, Airi realised she didn't really have many, if any, techniques to trap or catch anyone. The closest technique able to do something like that were her thornvines, but as a D rank, it didn't have the largest of ranges. And maybe not the best speed to catch the Monkey King with it. Another option that came to mind were the Mud Wolves, since those could help distract the Monkey King, but that would probably the best of their uses.

"How will we go about taking on King Eizo? I've seen how well he can keep his balance. He's extremely lean."

She hoped the others had some ideas, but all she could say was that she had not the slightest clue of what the others were capable off.

Total: 1865

12Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:11 am

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
The stranger Jamie had met before was here and the monkey king as they were greeted he was not as scared as he was last time. It was more a case of the shock and fear of something new, as well as the overwhelming aura that Mitsuo had. The Monkey King seemed pleased to see them and asked them if they were keeping well, though he was not sure as he felt it was one of those strange rhetorical questions he was trying to get used to. Jamie decided not to ask about the stranger right now as things could really get confusing if he asked questions first rather then waiting to hear them out first.

The man who brought fear in the heart of Jamie was Sarutobi Mitsuo, he remembered him being one of the former Hokage as well as having scars while being powerful. He learned about the danger known as nostalgic and decided to read up on that in the library sometime, as reading books brought on some nostalgia deep down in Jamie's mind.

The monkey king's name was Eizo, he had to remember it as he was told that the monkey would be assisting their squad leader for the day. Jamie remained close to Airi's side having become really comfortable being around her, she was his closest friend that was not a dog or his brother, or his over protective mother Ashi.

Finally the moment of truth came as the stranger spoke, Jamie seemed to have his guard up as his eyes focused intently on the man. He greeted Airi and Jamie by name saying it was a pleasure to meet them, his name was Anon Brier of the Mitarashi clan. This would later be written down in Jamie's notebook as his new squad leader, though he was a bit glad it was not his brother Inazuka Shippo. The feeling of his brother telling him what to do seemed like something he would not enjoy in the least bit.

Sarutobi Mitsuo sent his summon beast Monkey King Eizo as Jamie had actually began to read up on summoning jutsu simply to know a bit more about dealing with it. He spoke about having eaten and saved up energy as Jamie wondered what idiot would leave their house without eating breakfast and if you have no energy this early then what were you doing.

Their training for was to work together as a three man team in order to land a hit on the esteemed and greatly acclaimed King of all Monkey's Eizo. The monkey king was not allowed to attack them, they were safe and that weapons might not be needed. However they were not disallowed so Jamie was not about to let go of using his sword and shuriken, as he watched their leader go to talk to some birds. Jamie began to wonder if Anon was a bird user, like how his brother was a wolf user so to speak. He spoke how he needed his swords as the bird did not take too long,

Airi asked Jamie how he would deal with the monkey king and even Anon did not seem sure what to do as he thought for a bit. "If his not going to attack, then it's safe to be the decoy. Just watch me Airi and Anon-senpai" as he decided to take the initiative he reached behind him and then through his glaive shuriken straight at the monkey king as he dashed forward.

He knew it was hopeless, but in a situation where he knew nothing about the monkey king he had to see the difference himself. Also hiding would have been a waste right now considering they had the advantage of not being under attack, it was unclear how things would go as he would simply dash to whichever direction the monkey king went. While Anon was the leader, it was clear that Jamie had become a bit impatient as this would show that Jamie was the type who liked to be quick in terms of doing anything. Though he did let them know he was simply taking advantage of the no attacking rule that Anon mentioned earlier. Right now at his current speed if he could even crash into the monkey king it would be successful, but his real plan was to let Anon see how he moves and to buy time for the other two to make a plan since he thought they were both way smarter then him.

(759)
[1917]

13Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
Anon sighed, waiting patiently, or rather, forced to wait patiently for the message to be relayed and for his swords to arrive. During this time, Airi spoke, asking exactly what they would be able to do, or if they had any plans to be able to strike the monkey king. Anon was ready to speak, but it seemed Jamie had different ideas. He wanted to be the decoy and asked the two of them to watch him. Anon turned to look as jamie reached for a glaive shuriken and threw it towards the monkey king, dashing off at him. With a sigh, Anon reached out to try and stop him but it was too late. "No Jamie, wait!" The kid looked like his plan was to crash into the regal primate and Eizo seemed a bit amused. With a swift motion of his staff hitting the ground, his body was propelled into the air, flipping up onto the scaffolding he once stood on. He used his staff again to move and flew through the air, gripping onto bamboo beams that stood in a vertical position, looking down at the young man who would inevitably run right past where he'd been moments before.

He's fast, this may be rather hopeless, but I have to lead them into doing something.

Anon turned, hearing foot steps to find a bewildered chuunin arriving with his swords. With a quick word of thanks, he pulled the swords from their sheathes and twisted the smaller sword into a reverse grip in his right hand, holding the longer one in his left with a normal grip. "Airi, with me, move to keep the Monkey King from taking high vantage points! Jamie, get your shuriken and when I've got him in a good spot, throw it again! Team work is essential here, let's go!" With that, the wanderer pushed his body forward, kicking off of the ground to place a foot upon the bamboo pillars, chakra pooling into the soles and pads of his feet. He would catch upon them, running vertically on the surface, heading towards the Monkey King. With a leap and a twist, the ninja's body would move through the air to spin and slash with the larger, then smaller sword at the monkey king. Eizo would smirk and jump from the beam they were currently on, to another, spinning around it as he climbed a bit higher upon it.

Anon landed, one sword stuck in the bamboo and he sighed, pulling the blade from the wood. He would need a better strategy. "If that's all you can muster, you'll be hard pressed to hit any of my subjects, let alone me!" The monkey king's jeers would not get a reaction from the ninja, but he would stab his larger sword into a bamboo shoot, running his fingers along his other blade with wind chakra enveloping it. He would need time to prepare this jutsu and would have to use the other in conjunction with it. "Airi, you're up, give me some time to prep this. Jamie, I need you to back her up, take down the pillars of bamboo if you need to, I'll explain it later!" The chuunin who brought his weapons seemed noticeably shocked by such a statement but he couldn't get a word out and instead stood there still holding the sheathes of the blades that Anon had left in his hands. He was interested in the show, but also didn't want more destruction in the construction site.

599|2,937

195/200:

14Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
As she waited for Anon's answer, Jamie dashed off, immediately aiming to tackle the monkey in front of him as if he had forgotten how lean King Eizo was exactly. While she had expected the monkey to get away, she could only blink at the speed with which he got away. He wasn't only lean, he was almost super sonic! And then Anon requested from her to keep him from reaching vantage points? How was she to do that, when she couldn't be everywhere at once?

She thought about the clones, but those didn't really do much to stop someone considering they were intangible. Wolves would be better for that, but she doubted those could fly or stay on higher ground and still remain solid in their duties. She could think but of one thing: thornvine to grasp him. Considering its long reach, she guessed it could do something of use. And naturally, she had the mist technique as well that could simply shroud any higher ground landing spots and pull them away from the Eizo's sight.

As Anon ran up one beam, Airi ran up the other, channelling chakra into her feet to hold fast. As she saw the Monkey King jump away once more from Anon, she formed the Snake hand seal, molding the mokuton chakra required for her own technique. Eyeing a higher level on the scaffolding that the Monkey King was currently at, a large thorny vine quickly grew on top of the platform, ready to grapple the Monkey King at her command.

Considering she had only invoked one vine, Airi knew it could reach 20 meters, which looked more than enough to safely wrap itself around the scaffolding and still have plenty of length to attempt a grapple. Even if the vine wouldn't be able to grapple the Monkey King right away, the threat was there - grapple, whip or simply reaching out, the vine would supervise the higher ground.

As Airi ran up the scaffolding, she immediately directed the vine towards the Monkey King's current location, keeping an eye out on his movement in hopes to catch his trajectory. Once she'd know where he'd jump to, she'd run towards him in an attempt to catch him personally. Either way, Airi's idea was to alternate the vine and the girl's directions so that each in turn would attempt to catch the Monkey King as he possibly hopped to a new spot.

Total: 2293

125/140:

15Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
The call out for Jamie to stop was a bit late as he was dashing he was preparing to slow down as he was preparing to come to a stop as the monkey king flew up into the air it was amazing. Like the monkey king seemed to be flying with that height he got as he slowed down to stop for a bit as he slid doing a twirl in the air that would look like something from ballet but was simply a way to keep his momentum while turning as he looked around at his surroundings.

Jamie made a twirling landing as he looked up and a bit towards his team mates waiting to see what their plan was since this situation had him a bit stumped. He was expecting a battle on ground level, as his heart was racing he wanted to chase after Eizo. He felt so hyper right now as he began to feel the effects of having a bit too much sugar for breakfast, his mind felt like it was on overdrive. He had the need for speed and he blinked a few times as he heard Anon call out.

Airi was with him and had to keep Eizo away from the vantage points and his first order was to get his shuriken back as he went to move towards it getting it very quickly since he did not throw it too far to begin with. Wait until his in a good spot and throw it again, he watched as Anon ran up the bamboo with the super natural walking practice and then watched the strange sword style that he used. Jamie felt throwing the glaive would be a waste of time since he mainly did it the first time to see the reaction of the monkey king.

Jamie did not bother throwing since it was clear that if that dual wielded evasion was not enough to convince Jamie then nothing would. This monkey was no ordinary monkey king, he must have stood upon a level far above that which they knew existed. He put his glaive down and since he had time he started to try and think of something as he was making a skipping motion.

Anon requested for Airi to buy some time and that Jamie should back her up and take down the pillars if he had to. Airi seemed to have set up a trap as she performed a hand seal and had grown some really thorny vine that could maybe catch the monkey king as it took some time, the idea finally hit him. He drew his sword and unleashed a slash on the one bamboo shoot as it fell down to the side he made a mad dash beneath their areas randomly cutting down bamboo shoots to reduce the aerial advantage for the monkey king. He aimed careful strikes as he used the first one to figure out the angle to get it to fall in the directions of the monkey king. So not only would the footholds and shoots be reduced the one's falling could also take out the rest. However he had a bit of trouble since he had to kick back one that was falling towards Airi's vine.

He felt a bit dejected, his idea seemed good but Airi's vine was in the way and if he was not careful he might ruin Anon's technique as well. This seemed a bit hard to deal with so he decided he did enough for now as he decided to find a new location as he ran into hiding behind some trees to keep out of the Eizo's view. It might not work, but being seen was not good if the monkey king was that fast. He had tactics he could use, but none of them were suited for a team. At least not a team newly formed with no idea on each others abilities.

(663)
[2580]

16Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 am

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
OOC: Yay, finally posting

Anon watched Airi use some sort of wood-based jutsu to lash out with a vine to attempt capture or striking of the Monkey King. This was interesting, to say the least, since Anon had never actually seen what the senju could do. Meanwhile, on the ground, Jamie was running to and fro slicing the bamboo shoots down in an attempt to knock the monkey king off balance. There was a point where he had to kick a bamboo shoot away from Airi so it didn't fall on her, but otherwise she was just fine. It seemed like the two of them would be able to do some things on their own, and they worked well in a team. Anon wondered if the three of them actually had a chance of hitting the monkey king though? This question would be answered soon enough, he thought, but it was time to finish his jutsu and get back into the fray so that he didn't seem to be waiting around for those two to do everything. The Mitarashi finished running his hands along his short blade, the fuuton chakra enveloping it completely. He then pulled his longer short sword from the bamboo and prepared himself.

Anon jumped from the bamboo shoots, channeling lightning chakra into his longer shortsword as he did so, causing it to come to life with sparks. When Eizo noticed the vines coming for him, he jumped up and spun his staff just below him to knock the vines away. He barely had time to land when he noticed Anon coming towards him, the smaller sword swinging in his direction. It happened one after the other, the smaller sword of Anon being swung at the monkey king and causing a vacuum to attempt to pull him forward. It did so, but not as much as it could, given the strength of who was on the receiving end. This was only to allow the second sword to come forward, the lightning chirping through the air as the blade came down towards the collar bone of the regal monkey. Eizo's eyes widened a bit and it seemed as though the distractions brought on by falling bamboo and senju vines had worked out in their favor. The three's teamwork was almost good enough to land a hit upon the monkey king. Right?

CLANG!

The monkey king's staff came back up to block the strike from Anon's second blade, and with a bit of force, he pushed the Mitarashi back to be knocked through the air. Anon pulled his body backwards as he flew, flipping to try and find his way onto a solid surface once more. This came in the form of a falling bamboo shoot, which he placed his feet onto, sliding down the surface as it feel to the ground. He eventually landed, looking up at the monkey king who jumped over to another bamboo pillar, and another, and another, until he was on a much higher scaffolding out of the two genin and one chuunin's reach. Such a thing was more annoying that Anon initially gave the king credit for. He was laughing at the three of them, the boom of his voice echoing. 'Alright, Alright! You've all done well!
You weren't able to land a strike upon me but you showed me that you can work together as a team!
So as far as I was tasked by master Sarutobi, you've all passed this encounter!

Anon looked between the area Airi was in and looked for Jamie, trying to gauge their reactions. The ninja was more than a bit confused and he didn't know exactly if he should trust such a thing. But, the monkey king eventually came down and put his staff away, standing with his hands on his hips, looking happily between the three of them. It seemed that their teamwork really was good enough for them to make it through the trial of the monkey king. With that in mind, Anon quietly cancelled his jutsu and walked back to the awe-stricken chuunin, sheathing his swords. Within a few seconds he had the sheathed weapons on the back of his belt in a crossed pattern, standing beside the monkey king, waiting for the other two to speak.

723|3,660

170/200:

17Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 am

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Whatever it was Anon did, even with the three of them trying to keep the Monkey King imbalanced as good as possible, it wasn't enough. His sword sweep seemingly attempted to suck in the Eizo, but he didn't allow himself to get caught, parrying even the second attack with his staff before climbing up the scaffolding faster than Airi could even register. From on top of the scaffolding, he shouted that they had passed the test.

Huh.

Airi tilted her head slightly, unsure if he was tricking them or not. This test had been so short, so how then could he be certain their teamwork was top notch? Well... Airi couldn't say, so as the Monkey King came back down, she dispersed her vine and moved her arms to rest them in her neck with a smile. They had passed the test, so all was fine. She felt a little disappointed that she couldn't test out more of the Monkey's legendary strength, speed and whatnot, but being praised by him made up for that. If only she could brag about it to her grandfather...

"What do we do now, King Eizo? Are there other tests to be taken?"

Total: 2496

18Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
Jamie's eyes were filled with awe and wonder as he began to wonder if he would ever be as skilled as those two that were fighting up high as he began to feel driven. It was over before Jamie even knew it and all he heard as the monkey king stood up high on his bamboo throne, like a monkey standing upon a cloud he said that they had all done well.

The thoughts that went through Jamie's mind was the battle that he felt he did not make enough of an impact on. His initial dash in was simply to let them learn what they could, in a real mission they would not even be able to risk that option as his glaive had been masterfully avoided by the Monkey King like it was nothing. He had watched as his leader had given him orders that seemed simple enough as he went about cutting the bamboo as Anon prepared a special technique that would take a while to be prepared as Airi revealed a technique that was rather unique, vines were not a normal element as he realized that the Senju might be a clan with a unique element.

The sword technique that was revealed lit a fire inside Jamie's heart as all him and Airi could do was look in awe at the high level of their fight, which was merely a child's game to Eizo. The way Eizo seemed to get pulled slightly, though he seemed to avoid it with brute strength alone as he began to wonder just how many wondrous techniques he could perform if he could master that skill. Though he was not sure about the follow up, he knew that he could not simply rely on his ninjutsu for battles and with the exams coming up he could not let Airi leave him behind, and he did not feel like he wanted to be looking at Anon and Shippo's back for his entire life anymore. He had to make his family proud, he had to impress his friends, but most of all he had to make himself proud as he felt a burning passion to succeed more often since he felt like he was lacking.

He had bowed as he gave a customary silent thanks for the test by Eizo-sama.

Airi was still confused as to how they won as Jamie also had similar feelings but did not show them though he was pouting a bit without realizing it. He listened to Airi ask if there was more tests as the fire in Jamie's eyes could not be put out. He closed his eyes for a moment thinking back to the past and then opened his eyes again before speaking after Airi.

"Can we do your test now Anon-sensei?" as he looked to their leader since Eizo was done, he was not sure if he was right or not though he felt like Anon had wanted to test them when they got here. He felt like he had not shown off enough skill or his lack of skill to be honest as he wanted to get stronger as he did not even get a chance to impress Airi as he looked with eyes expecting something impressive from Anon.

(553)
[3133]

19Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
The monkey king bowed back to Jamie in respect and looked over the three of them silently before he spoke, to answer Airi. 'No, I think that will be all for today. I was asked only to come and see how you would react to a short combative exercise. I must go, as Master Sarutobi needs me elsewhere. Whatever your squad leader has planned for you now will be up to him. I thank you all for joining me in the exercise. If you keep up on the hard work, you may some day be able to land a hit!' He let out a simian-esque laugh and was gone, in a puff of smoke as though he'd never even been there in the first place. Anon looked from the spot to the two he was meant to lead through who knew how many other endeavors. With a quiet sigh to himself, he looked about the place, trying to think of what he could do now that the short exercise was over. There was much for them to do if they were going to be a cohesive team and somehow the Mitarashi guessed that this was just the beginning of a long road into what could be greatness for the three of them. He moved his arms above his head and stretched, listening to Jamie's question before he would say anything.

"No, I think we'll call it today. I know it was short but now I must return to the Hokage's office and give my report before this other guy over here does. I'm sure it will sound better coming from me anyway. I have to let him know of the damages brought on the construction site by our skirmish and probably help them out with the repairs. If you guys are still up for manual labour,
I'll let you know when it's time to come back and undo the havoc we've caused. Until then, I'd recommend learning some new jutsu or something. I plan to take you both on a mission within the week. I just have to get everything squared away with the Hokage and our Sensei. That is, if I'm not the sensei by then."
Anon laughed raucously and bowed in turn to Jamie, and then to Airi. With their training for the day done, he would need to make it back to the administration building and give his report, hopefully sending it off to Mitsuo Sarutobi. He was sure that with the Monkey King being a summon, the man would know well before any letter was sent out. Still, it didn't hurt to be on top of things as it were. Waving to the two genin under his command, the man turned and walked to the chuunin waiting on him, nodding as it was their time to go. The two left the construction site to leave Jamie and Airi to their devices, making their way towards the administration district.

504|4,164

Fuuinjutsu A>S : 4,000/4,000
164 discarded.

EXIT

20Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:16 am

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
There were no more tests. Just a trial to see their potential in teamwork. Airi didn't quite see it yet. Each of them certainly had done something to contribute, but was that truly teamwork or just a lucky throw? It had nothing in the sense of the collaboration jutsu she had heard about, right? But whichever it was, they had made it difficult for Eizo to hold foot, or so they thought, and it had given Anon some time to throw in the bigger offensive abilities. He had faced King Eizo in close quarters, of that there was no doubt. And that seemed to be the only thing they had to achieve, for now.

King Eizo had to return to Mitsuo and Anon had a report to write, leaving the two genin on their own. He had suggested to train a few jutsu, which reminded Airi she had to attend the iryojutsu practice later in the day, and that a mission would follow soon. A squad mission... She wondered how different they were from others. Were they at a higher rank? Did they involve more dangers or opponents? If it had anything akin to the boars she had fought, it would be fairly possible to deal with them if well prepared. Did that mean squads simply barged in? She would see.

Since King Eizo and Anon prepared to leave, she waved them goodbye and told Jamie she had iryojutsu lessons to follow herself. Airi gave him a hug and then moved direction the hospital herself. She still had all the time to reach it, but she was of no mind to rush things.

[EXIT]

Total: 2770

Training:

21Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Empty Re: Meeting of Squad Four [NK/Private] Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Akito Miku

Akito Miku

D-rank
He felt so lonely and alone as everyone left him hanging, he felt like he under performed and was rather useless on the team, as some sakura petals began floating inside his head as he wondered why Sakura petals were pink, was it to be beautiful or just that it wanted to be different or serve another purpose. He felt conflicted as Airi and Anon left he thought to himself, he needed to train more, he needed to train harder.

Then he began to think to himself in song.

I want to be the very best that no one ever was. To catch Eizo was my real test and to train harder is my cause. I will travel around the village searching far and wide. Takes ninjutsu and many skills to find the power that's inside.

(137)
[3270]

Exit Thread
1934 Training Katon A-S (2066 from previous thread/4000)
1000 Training C-Rank Jutsu Blazing Bird
2934/3270

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.