You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
"What the hell d'ya want?" the boy asked, his voice filled with the same tone as many of the people that he was used to having to deal with around town. They were the little bastards who thought they were more important than anyone else, they assumed that they had the right to be superior even to their superiors simply because they were themselves. They had no excuse for it, it was not the right way a ninja should behave.
"What the hell do you think I want, you damned bastard? You killed my sister!" He hissed, his tone little more than a whisper. The boy looked surprised at the fact that he was talking to a member of the Uchiha clan, then he just grinned a shit-eating little grin that Oshi wanted to beat off his face.

"Hah! You're another Uchiha? I don't know what you expected me to do, to say sorry? To apologize? to beg on my hands and knees for you to forgive me? Well, it's not going to happen. I might feel sorry if it was someone else, but you Uchiha are all traitors. She'd have killed me if I'd not killed her first. I wasn't even trying to kill her, but her death isn't something that I care about, apart for the fact that I got stuck in this damned cell for it." Okay, that was the straw that broke an already broken camel's back. Now, this little brat was getting punished even worse than he already deserved. It wasn't death, but after suffering this he was going to wish for death. It was a devious little trick, but it was a brilliant punishment.

Slipping his headband back up, his normally black eye had turned red, a small ring appearing around the center of it with a single tomoe formed in it. He didn't know when it formed, when he was crying his eyes out over his sister it just seemed to form into his eye. Now he was going to use it, although not for what the kid probably assumed it was going to be for. The boy looked up into Oshi's eye and gulped, knowing full well what the sharingan could do, but the moment their gazes locked, he was more than just scared. His body was shaking on it's own as he fell into a cold sweat, a little present given from Oshiki. This boy would remain in a disgusting, violent illness for a long time, his body rejecting every piece of food in his body, every mouth of water would come back up, making him even more thirsty and then requiring more water. It was a debilitating technique on the battlefield when it could be countered, but since this boy would be unable to use a jutsu with his hands restrained like that, and if he tried any other jutsus he'd be stopped by the guards who would assume that he was trying to break out. Whispering through the bars of the cell, Oshi giggled and explained his little punishment.

"This is going to hurt, and it's going to hurt a lot. Every time you eat, you'll throw up, I estimate about five minutes until  you shit yourself, your body is going to feel like it's on fire." the boy looked terrified as Oshi spoke once again. "This is going to feel like the worst illness you've ever been through, and maybe you'll be broken out of it before you starve to death. Maybe you won't and you'll die alone and in pain, just like my sister. But, and here's the kicker; If you ever get out of that cell, I'm not going to be content with just this. I'm going to hunt you down like a dog and force you through every last jutsu I have. I'm going to make you die a million times inside your own head for what you did to her, and once I'm finished, you're going to wish for this little cell and this little illness. So, enjoy yourself, you c**t, and do try and keep yourself locked up, alright? I'd hate to have to learn even worse jutsus just for your sake."

----

That had been six years ago. So much had happened since then; He'd lost his mother and brother, he'd found a best friend once again, he'd become active for the village, he'd found an arch rival, he'd lost friends, fallen in love, been wounded, been stabbed through the heart both literally and physically, and now he was here. After everything that he had gone through, he was finally being given the respect and admiration that he deserved. He had been a jounin for around a month now, and now he was being given his first ever squad to guardian, to watch out for. That called for a celebration! A celebration that he celebrated by looking his best and drinking the best. Specifically, he was now wearing his best clothes that fit in with his usual mode of dress. A smart black hooded coat, the buttons done up all the way and the hood falling down so that it masked his face under the shadow, and his pocket bulging out with a hip-flask of whisky. None of that cheap strawberry stuff he was drinking when he went to his friend's grave, now he was drinking the posh stuff. He was actually building a tolerance to the stuff by now, and was nowhere near as drunk as he would have been a few days ago. Had to keep at least basically presentable for the group, eh?

Standing on the rooftop garden that overlooked the market, he waited to find out who it was that had been given to him. He had seen their files, and knew their names. Hyuga Kidzukai and Soron Sarutobi. It was strange, really, that a Sarutobi had been given to the friend of the ex-clan leader. He had infamously been best friends with Mitsuo during their academy years together and long afterwards, he was seen at their compound many a day trying to get as good as he could be. He wasn't there as often as he might have been, having to support his family and all, but he was there regularly enough to be recognized as a friend of the family. They also knew just how badly he'd taken his friends death, to the point where they'd not let the nurses tell him whilst he was still in hospital for fear of exacerbating his condition. Why they'd put a Sarutobi with him again so soon was a mystery to him, but the Hyuga was a lot clearer. The Uchiha and the Hyuga had long since been closer than some of the other clans, something about "Clans of a feather stick together". With the Byakugan and the Sharingan, they were very similar families, even if they had different values.

So, now he was just sitting here, waiting for the two of his students to come. As said, he knew their names, their ages and their basic scores when graduating the academy (it seemed they both specialized in taijutsu and ninjutsu, two of his personal specialties) but that was all that he really knew about them. They never seemed to mention their personalities, nor how skilled they actually were. There was a difference between a student's exam records and how skilled they actually were. His exam record had always been on the lower end of average because he had been forced to stay home and help his family rather than go for extra tuition classes or revising hard. He wasn't able to practice as much as the other kids, but his teacher had often claimed that he had a lot more raw talent than them, so what about these two? How were they going to react, he thought, and how useful were they going to be. After all, Konoha was at risk since Ukiyo went traitor, the Blue Rose seemed like they might do something drastic again.

What was slightly more disconcerting than their skills, however, was their personalities. He was an Uchiha, a friend of the Sarutobi family and an ally of the Hyuga. He was friends with both clans, but people and clans were very different,  he himself was a walking example of that. Where people found his clan cruel and manipulative, he always tried to be the best person he could be and only manipulate people to help either protect them or protect others. The uchiha clan might be friends with the Hyuga, but they were also looked down on by many members of the village for producing some of the worst lunatics the village had seen over the last few decades (including Hao, the damned monster that had ripped both the land of water, the land of iron and Oshi's own family into tiny little pieces). Despite not being like his distant cousin in the slightest, people seemed not to care and to judge solely based on clan. What about these two?

Kidzukai

Kidzukai

D-rank
"Listen to me son," began Kidzukai's father "you have the love of your family and friends at your back, and the drive in you to achieve anything and everything you want. Be honorable to your village, and courageous in all of your pursuits."

Kidzukai bowed, humbly and embraced his father. Never had there lived a more honor worthy shinobi, at least not in Kid's eyes. The lecture was given in direct response to the knowledge Kid and his family had received regarding his addition into squad 4, under Oshiki Uchiha. While many found the Uchiha to be naturally less reputable and lacking honor, Kidzukai didn't judge one by clan. No, to Kid it was all about the person himself, and he was extremely excited to meet his new mentor. 

"If nothing else, we both have dojutsu, right? That's already one thing in common!" Thought Kid to himself as he walked out of his front door.

A meeting in the market, a nice, laid back place for a first encounter.  Kid had chosen to wear the standard white robes of the Hyuga, they were comfortable yet formal, and dawned a large Hyuga insignia on the back. His headband rested around his neck, 

Kid had brought along an aged bottle of wine, as a gift to the man who would be dealing with him for a length of time. He felt it the most honorable thing he could do. 

Kidzukai wasn't intending to be found as a kiss-ass, he simply felt great honor as Hyuga, and always acted out of selflessness and compassion. He was a bit hot headed toward enemies of his village, or those who didn't appreciate it's magnificence, but otherwise Kid was a very nice guy, and dawned a smile as often as possible. He approached the center of the market and looked about, he had no idea whom he was looking for by appearance, just that it was an Uchiha. He waited in this spot patiently, with his gift in hand.

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron had finally received the word he was waiting for placement into a squad. Squad 4 it would appear to be whom he had the honor of joining. He hadn't received any word on who is team mate would be but he had received the name of his sensei and where he was to meet the members of his team at. Oshiki uchiha was his mentor. That name clicked instantly in his head, not out of familiarity but because of the infamy the uchiha line holds. He knew full well the fear and often hate that name brings but he would not judge a person on the past sins of others whom they dis not control or rather could not. He slipped on his black coat and boots before checking on his mother whom was sound asleep as he slipped out the front door quietly.

The market district wasn't far from his home just down the street a little ways so he decided to grab something to snack on along the way. A small little store along the way sold delicious rice balls that Soron found to be an excellent snack. He walked in and as he was a regular the man at the counter had one preprepared for him. He let out a small smile as he paid the man and grabbed the riceball before taking a seat at a solo table. He took a single bite and before he knew it he had already eaten the whole thing. He left a small tip before returning on his stroll over to the market district.

hmm... an uchiha for a sensei. I wonder if that means I'll get to see this legendary sharingan iv heard stories of. He's probably a skilled ninja as well, iv heard the uchiha are real badasses. I guess i'll find out first hand sooner or later. I just wonder whom my other team member is. Hopefully not someone who is I bet cocky or complainy. he thought as he trotted along.

He soon found himself smack in the middle of the market district. The place was packed and he had no way of picking out who he was looking for short of a miracle. He quickly found an empty bench to sit on. He passed a boy holding a wine bottle on the way to the bench but he didn't pay him much attention. After a few seconds of weaving through the crowd he finally found himself sitting and relaxing awaiting to meet the rest of his team. It was bout time he got down to some serious training and squad related missions to keep his boredom at bay.

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
They really didn't take long to get here, he thought to himself as he stared at the pair of them. He'd been waiting here for maybe five minutes before they had both turned up in quick succession - What was weird, however, was their almost monkish vow of silence. He would have expected them to talk to each other or maybe talk to themselves in their state of nerves, but instead they made absolutely no noise whatsoever. They weren't even whispering, because he would have been able to lip read what their lips were saying if they did indeed speak. He was in their line of sight and yet neither of them had said hello to him, or even to one another. It was strange, was there some sort of tension between the pair of them? He was sure that they weren't mutes, that was something that would have been mentioned, so there was something else that was getting between them and having social interaction with one anotehr. He was going to have to broach that subject later, but for now he cleared his throat and began to talk.

"So, you both know why you're here today; you're my new students." he said, in a tone that appeared not to convey very much emotion one way or another, before he pulled his hood back and revealed his face. The time spent on a survival diet had clearly had an effect on him, since his face seemed a little weaker and more skeletal than normal. His hair had grown and was now a lot more disheveled than it had been before he'd gotten sent into the hospitals. He was thankful not to have to wear any bandages right now, but that didn't change the way that he looked. His black eyes seemed to watch over the two boys with interest, as his konoha headband glistened on it's position wrapped around his throat as a neck guard. It was a rare position for it, but it was the one that he found most useful, especially since most of his long-term opponents had a thing for going for his neck.

Moving back and sitting on the rail at the edge of the building, he pulled out his hipflask and took another slug of the sweet throat-burning liquid. He shouldn't be drinking right now, but it wasn't like he was about to get into a fight and even if he was, he was more than trained enough to deal with a situation like that. The Myugans always managed to get along fine with being drunk, and they were some of the strongest fighters in the world. He paused as he swallowed, enjoying the sensation, before looking back at his students.

He wasn't normally a hardass, he tried to be nice, but this was an important point he needed to convey
"Let me be absolutely clear about your current positions. You are genin of the Leaf Village, and worse than that you are my new students. That means a lot is expected of you, physically and morally. I know better than most about how bad personal restrictions can hit someone, considering I only came out of retirement six months ago, but unless you have a dead father and sister, I don't think you have an excuse to not be the best you can be." realizing what he'd just said and how unbelievably insensitive it was to a member of the Sarutobi clan after losing Mitsuo, he paused for a second and turned to Soron

"By the way, about the head of your clan... Sorry for your loss. He was one of my best friends as well, so if you need to talk about it I'll be here for you. Just remember that he was killed by Rogue Ninja and to be able to grow enough to be able to protect yourself against people like that, you need to continue to grow. With that in mind, let's get this little meeting under way."

Slipping his flask back into his pocket, he hitched himself up, sitting on the rail itself.
"Now, I want to know properly about you. Your files gave your names and your clans, both of which I seem to have some history with. It also said how well you did in the academy, both of which I am pleased with. But," and at this his voice seemed to soften into a more personable tone, more like a teacher than a superior officer. ", you're not just ninjas. You're people, and that fact is what keeps us from being little more than machines. So tell me; Why are you a ninja for the village, what do you want to do when you become a jounin and tell me something you like; Don't worry, I'm not a sadist, I'm not going to keep it from you because you like it, this isn't that kind of training. That being said.. Kid, don't drink during our meetings. I can do it because I'm trained, you're still developing your skills, you need to be the best you can be. Understand me?"

Kidzukai

Kidzukai

D-rank
From seemingly nowhere Oshiki Uchiha was suddenly before him, and he suddenly realized his squad mate had been standing beside him for the longest time in complete silence. A wave of guilt washed over him, he was normally very social, and would have talked to the boy had he known who he was. 

His attention returned to his Sensei, who was apparently prepared to break the ice between all of them, as he was actively sipping from a flask. 
In what might have been a concerned and caring tone Oshiki began.

"Let me be absolutely clear about your current positions. You are genin of the Leaf Village, and worse than that you are my new students. That means a lot is expected of you, physically and morally. I know better than most about how bad personal restrictions can hit someone, considering I only came out of retirement six months ago, but unless you have a dead father and sister, I don't think you have an excuse to not be the best you can be."

The words grazed Kidzukai, but none of these 
things were shocking to him. He had always had the will of fire in his heart and already desired to be a strong defender of Konoha both morally and physically. He continuously tried to lock eyes with Oshiki as he spoke, to show that he was not nervous or afraid of what was to come. To show that he was prepared for anything. 

Oshiki then let out a second piece to the wording,  directed toward Soron, no doubt. 

"By the way, about the head of your clan... Sorry for your loss. He was one of my best friends as well, so if you need to talk about it I'll be here for you. Just remember that he was killed by Rogue 
Ninja and to be able to grow enough to be able to protect yourself against people like that, you need to continue to grow. With that in mind, let's get this little meeting under way."

Putting 2 and 2 together, Kidzukai now knew that this fellow student must have been a Sarutobi. 
They had recently lost a valuable, honorable man from their ranks. Kid proceeded to bow to the Sarutobi, and apologized for his loss quietly. 

Oshiki continued on, after climbing up upon a rail and putting away his alcohol. 

"Now, I want to know properly about you. Your files gave your names and your clans, both of which I seem to have some history with. It also said how well you did in the academy, both of which I am pleased with. But," and at this his voice seemed to soften into a more personable tone, more like a teacher than a superior officer. ", you're not just 
ninjas. You're people, and that fact is what keeps us from being little more than machines. So tell me; Why are you a ninja for the village, what do you want to do when you become a jounin and tell me something you like; Don't worry, I'm not a sadist, I'm not going to keep it from you because you like it, this isn't that kind of training. That 
being said.. Kid, don't drink during our meetings. I can do it because I'm trained, you're still developing your skills, you need to be the best you can be. Understand me?"

These words DID slam into Kidzukai, as he wasn't 
sure what his Sensei was meaning by this. He looked down toward his bottle and then realized without a second thought what was going on here. 

"Oh this!" Kidzukai said quickly, to stop any negative connotation from being developed by Oshi sense. "This is not mine, sir. Or rather it is not for me. This is an aged bottle of wine that has been in 
my families wine cellar for many many years. I have brought it as a gift. A token of gratitude. Please take it. And to rightly answer the question you've asked, I have been raised to love and cherish my home, Konoha. I value honor and hard work above all. I agree with you, that we are not robotic soldiers. We are people. And that is why I feel so strongly about Konoha. It is a place where we can be people without fear. I will tell you that of the things I enjoy, there is it a physical one whic makes it high onto that list. However you can still offer the one thing to me just as well. What I like is trust among comrades." Kidzukai said all of this without a single stuffer or stammer, and held out in two hands, cradling it softly, the bottle of wine.

Last edited by Kidzukai on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron's sensei appeared from basically smoke and mirrors nowhere which didnt really surprise him as jounin level ninja often had a knack for doing that. He stood back and felt somewhat guilty that the boy he had walked passed happened to be his squad mate. His squad mate was a hyuga huh? Looks like he was the odd one out, the one without a doujutsu. Oh well, Soron often stood out anyways and it didnt really bother him to do so but still he didnt prefer to. He hadnt realized he was distracted until his sensei began talking.

He started talking about how them being genin of the hidden leaf village made it to where they were held at high standards and should live up to those standards both physically and morally. A wise notion but not one that Soron didnt already live by. His sensei had just come out of retirement and Soron wondered at first for what reason had caused him to do this but Soron figured he would find out eventually.

The next thing that his sensei talked about however did surprise him. He began apologizing for the loss of Mitsuo, head of the sarutobi clan. Soron hadnt ever really knew the guy but even so it was hard to lose someone so respectable. Soron was no newcomer to loss so he was handling it quite well. Even so though, losing anyone who is as respected as the Sarutobi clan leader was is NEVER easy. He spoke up just then.

"I appreciate that you understand how hard it was for me and the rest of my clan though i havent ever really been close to any other Sarutobi. iv always been more of a loner but even so i did respect Mitsuo as a fellow shinobi and Sarutobi so im glad your willing to help me should i need it. Thank you."

His sensei continued on to address them and ask them both a series of questions. All of the questions were exactly what Soron expected they would be, random things about himself that his sensei wanted to know so they could become closer than just simple pupil and teacher. Soron normally didnt like answering such questions but he figured he would make an exception this once just for the sake of being professional. He sighed before answering the best he could. "Normally i dont like talking about myself on such a level but i understand why your asking so ill answer your questions. I am a ninja of the hidden leaf village so that i may gain the strength i need to protect those that need me and when i become a jounin i hope to pass on what i have learned throughout my years on to someone else whom may then one day pass those same teachings on to a pupil of their own. About what i like... im really not sure how to answer that as there isnt a whole lot of material possessions im fond of."

He continued to talk about alcohol to the hyuga whom was also in the squad stating they needed to not drink and be at their best. This wasnt exactly a problem for Soron as he didnt really drink other than the occasional glass of sake but that was only on rare occasions. Such occasions were only at events such as parties, celebrations, and other formal rituals.

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
It was... kind of hard to believe how daft they were. He almost blinked as he saw the look of surprise in their eyes. He had been standing on the building all the sodding time, and now they saw him their they were treating it like he had just appeared out of nowhere. Well, that was going to be an interesting little relationship if they were apparently this blind. Running a hand back through his hair, he listened to what they were saying. The boy who had the bottle had apparently brought it as a gift. Now, that was nice of him, he thought with an element of actual surprise. When he had been in his first squad, he had never been that considerate to his Supervising officer.

So, with that little fact in mind, he screwed the head of his whiskey-filled hip-flask on extremely tight, before Jumping over the building's barrier, shooting down into the air, falling into the empty abyss that was the air. As far as the street was below him, if he landed properly he would be paste, and he didn't seem to be doing anything to slow down his descent. That is... until he got around half a meter from the floor. Kicking his foot out, he channeled his chakra through it, sticking it against the wall, letting the kinetic energy shoot through the wall,slowing down extremely quickly. His body eventually stopped with around a centimeter's difference between the top of his head and the pavement, though the only problem was he was now standing upside down.

"So, it's for me, huh?" he asked, putting his hands on the floor to support him once his foot left the wall. Doing what looked like half a cartwheel on the floor, he wound up in a normal standing position, brushing himself down before smiling warmly. His entire little show would have seemed rather bizarre, but his breath smelled lightly of alcohol. It wasn't enough to be revolting, but it was clear that he'd been drinking.

"Well, that's sweet of ya. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to drink it with, and wine is so depressing to drink alone. Maybe next time I get a boyfriend I'll drink it. Till then, just know I'm grateful." He said, smiling as he took it from him and slipped it into his coat's inner pocket. The pocket was, apparently, impossibly deep as once he slipped the bottle inside, it disappeared entirely from sight The normal pocket was still bulged out with the hip-flask, which made the show even weirder.

When he listened to their little words, he couldn't help but crack a smile. The smile was not a normal one, it seemed a little patronizing as he thought about what they said.
"I thought you two weren't robots, but you just said what every new genin to this village says. family? Raised to love your home? The strength to protect those who need you? That's what everyone says, but have you ever had a moment of clarity, an epiphany?" he asked, slipping his hands into his trouser's pockets, looking at the pair of them as he walked over to lean on the wall once more.

"You see, raised to do this and wanting to do that is all well and good, but can you do it? the world is not a candy shop where you will get everything you want, it's a place where people are vicious and cruel and will try to kill you with little to no actual justification. When you're in a position where someone will kill you if you stand between them and their intended victim, will you have the strength to move in and take the blow? Will you have the strength to love your family if you find out that they're wrong? Can you still protect people when its themselves that they are hurting?" he asked, these questions seeming more than just hypothetical. These were questions every ninja who wanted to live through those scenarios and act honestly had to be able to answer.

"Don't bother answering now, words are the illusions of intention, they are merely sounds until you have your first experience where your dreams and intentions are challenged. If you can still live up to your little life goals once you've been forced to put your life on the line for what you want to do, then you can say those with pride in your heart. I'm not the kind of man to believe in a ninja way, but you will find your justification for living once you know the kind of man you truly are. To answer my own questions..." At this he paused for a second, as if trying to think of a good answer

"I'm a ninja for the village because this village cost me my family's lives. My sister was killed by her team-mate, my brother and mother were killed aiding refuges from Kirigakure and my father died trying to protect people. they all died trying to do their best for this village, and it would disgrace their memories to do anything less. I'm already a jounin, but what I want to do.. I want to become hokage, to end the line of those who want nothing but war. I want to usher in an age of peace, where people are no longer forced to either be a pacifist or someone who kills people for the color of their vest. and what I like..." he said, this one actually seeming more difficult. In fact, it was so difficult his face crossed in concentration for a moment. Then, like the punch line in a bad joke, he pulled out a book from his inner pocket, something that appeared to read "Crisis; Gender Treachery", flipping to a page with a book mark in and letting his eyes dart across the words. What was weirder was the picture on the back of the book, of two guys cuddling together. The type of the book was, for lack of a better word, obvious.

"I guess you could say I like reading." He said, in a tone that obviously made it clear he was alluding to something. they were adults, they could take a little implication.

Kidzukai

Kidzukai

D-rank
Kid watched the man before him, he was quite the eccentric guy. He leapt from the building and dropped from what appeared to be high enough to annihilate him in his entirety, then used chakra to stop the fall and invert his body into an upside down position. It was fantastic! Kidzukai cracked a wide smile then handed over the bottle just as soon as his sensei reached for it. The man asked if it was for him, while reaching to take it, and of course it WAS for him. 

Oshiki smiled, and stated basically that he didn't have a boyfriend to drink the wine with, though he was still graciously accepting and appreciative of the gift. This revealed a bit about Oshiki. He was homosexual. This was a first for Kid, he had never met anyone homosexual before. He wasn't against it by any means , it just want what he had anticipated.

Kid thought upon what all he was going to be facing now. Placed into the trust of people he didn't really know, and thrust into life as a shinobi. What would his future hold? It was unnerving and gave him a terrible stomach ache. He shook off the thoughts and returned to the situation.

The smell of alcohol came from his mouth as he spoke. Not a bad-breath smell, but still a very strong alcoholic tinge. Kid kept his face straight as the strong scent wavered over him. But alas he couldn't hold it in. He turned his head away from the group and coughed heavily. 

After standing back from his coughing fit, he apologized, as Oshiki had been in the midst of telling the two students that they sounded rather cliche at best, and basically asking them if they could actually even demonstrate what they had just basically preached to him.

"Well of course I'll be able to." Thought Kidzukai. "Why does he doubt our capabilities so much?" 

Kidzukai is a Hyuga, after all. The Hyuga clan have always proven to be extremely powerful fighters in Konoha and have visual prowess that rivals that of the Uchiha, it couldn't have possibly been based upon clan. Was it possibly because Kid had come off as a kiss ass? Or maybe he was just not being himself enough and the Jounin was growing tired of the awkwardness of the situation. Kid couldn't figure it out, but surely enough things got weirder before they got any more clear.

Following a very heart-felt speech about why he wishes to serve the village, Oshiki decided to show them a liking if his. Out of his jacket he pulled a book.

"oh well reading is a great...." Kids voice buckled and his words melted into nothing as he saw the back cover and title of the book in which Oshiki sensei held up to his own face. Two men...cuddling together.

Now in no way did Kid judge him for what he liked. But at this point it would be good to note that Kid was nervous this entire time. His stomach was upset already, and the sight of two men touching like that threw him over the limit. He turned around and vomited on the ground. He felt horrible about it of course, as it wasn't something in response to any sort of homophobia. It was his nerves+ the idea of two men having sexual interaction. Which was just not his thing.

After this display of...whatever it may be called. Kidzukai returned to seriousness. 

"You there, Sarutobi, you haven't said much and it seems almost as though we aren't about to be in a squad together. My name is Kidzukai Hyuga. Why don't we all go over to either the training ground, or to get some lunch?"

His question was honest, he simply wanted a reason to push the bonding somewhere further than simple conversation, as it was seemingly dull and uninteresting to everyone involved. You've taken two strangers and given them a teacher. They've never seen each other in there entire lives. It was expected. 

"I'd love to begin training as soon as possible, the path to jounin is a tough one that I intend to conquer sooner than later!" Kidzukai smiled brightly, thinking on all of the good times that might ensue in the future between these three comrades. 

The air blew gently across his face as he stood there. Waiting for any form of response. He highly hoped that food wasn't chosen, as his stomach was still in pain.

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron stood up from the bench as his sensei leaped from the building and began plummeting to the ground below. The pace at which he was falling would not feel to good should he smack the hard ground full force but he figured that he wasnt just going to let himself smack the ground. Soron was right about that as the jounin stopped short of the ground by manipulating his chakra and attaching himself to wall before cartwheeling and landing near them. The jounins little show had proven that even a basic ninja art could be made to look impressive when used in a certain way such as the display which had just been shown. As the jounin spoke his breath smelled of alcohol which was clearly there but in no way repulsive.

Soron felt slightly out of place as he had not gotten his sensei a gift but he didnt show that he felt this way. Soron simply took his sensei hand in his and gave it a firm shake trying not to seem as distant as he thought he probably seemed. His sensei went on to say he would drink it with his next boyfriend which revealed a small tidbit about himself that Soron picked up on, he was homosexual or possibly bi-sexual but either way he like men. Soron himself was bi-sexual and even though he more leaned towards women he to did swing to the male side of things from time to time. Soron crossed his arms not out of anger just out of casualness as his sensei gave them a speech about the usual things Soron would expect an upperclass ninja to say. Soron didnt speak up not until after finished talking and revealed he liked reading by showing the hyuga a book with two men cuddling which caused the genin to puke. Soron sighed as the hyuga threw up then apologized quickly.

"I never had a father, I dont even know his name or what he looks like or even if he exists. My mother refuses to tell me anything of him and my mother is not really a mother to me as the sickness i caused her when i was born keeps her in bed pretty much at all times. I live constantly with the possibility of her death looming over me. To add to that the only girl iv ever loved disappeared one night. I know not of what has become of her as when i woke up she was gone... almost as if she was a mere figment of my imagination. Because of this i know a lot about loss and abandonment so if to be more accurate with you then i was earlier i guess the real reason im a shinobi is to prove myself. I want to prove to the whole world that im more than just another person taking up space on the earth." Soron spoke with confidence that he didnt usually exhibit.

After speaking he turned to the hyuga whom had addressed him just then. He realized that what he had said was true, Soron hadnt spoken much but he was speaking now and the present is whats important. "I apologize for being silent im just not usually the type to talk much. Even so, nice to meet you Kidzukai my name is Soron, Soron sarutobi. He shook Kids hand as he spoke then turned to the both of them and looking from his sensei to kid continued with what he was saying. "I am very grateful to be in the presence of two people from two legendary clans. I have heard much about the hyuga and the uchiha the visual prowess of both clans is well spoken of and rightfully feared. I cannot wait to get to training so that i may see the strength of both clans through the two of you but if you guys wish to eat first then im okay with that as well." He tried his best to give a warm and friendly smile as he spoke and he hoped he had done just that.

After speaking he shoved his hands into his jacket pockets and awaited the response of the other squad 4 members. He was ready to take on whatever he must to accomplish his goals and he wasnt going to let anything deter him. He would tackle all the obstacles in his way. He took a deep breath and without realizing it quietly said "I will become strong."

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
It was strange that he suddenly felt a hand pressed against his own and received a firm handshake from the Sarutobi boy who, he could tell from the body language, was apparently a little bit put out that he had not given him a gift the same way the Hyuga had. If he had been able to speak honestly about this whole situation, he would have said the gift was unnecessary, but he sure as hell was not going to be giving it back. Firstly, that would be rude, and secondly, who the hell gave up fine wine like this? He wasn't entirely sure how long it had been maturing, but from the look of the bottle it looked like it had been in a wine cellar for a fair few years. Something about the way the wood affected the glass, like it had less of a sheen on it then normal glass does.

What the boy did next, however, caused him to move into an outburst. the boy took one look at the book he was reading and promptly threw up. He had looked fine until a minute ago, but now that he had seen something as simple as two guys cuddling this boy was throwing up all over the place? He grit his teeth in irritation, glad that it was only one of his students that he was going to have to correct the behavior of, rather than both of them.

Now, Soron had been good enough to try and ignore what he had just done, but Oshiki was not the kind of person to just ignore blatant homophobia like that. He wasn't going to attack him, but a hand moved out and patted his new student's head, as if making sure that he was okay after throwing up.
"Be careful there, you wouldn't want to lose your lunch." his hand moved slightly downwards again, no longer just a light pat on the head. It wasn't full strength, that would have hit him into the ground like a hammer to a nail, but it was enough that he felt the situation that the boy had inadvertently put himself in.

"Remember this, boys; Judging people by their village, or the color of their skin... or their sexual preference," with that choice of words he gave Kidzukai a glare that not even his fear causing genjutsus could stimulate. It was a look of "do that again and you'll be fetching your kidneys from across the street". Some teachers might threaten their students with death, he didn't even need to explicitly say it. The Uchiha, though he disliked admitting it, were the perfect fear tactic soldiers, their illusions and their understanding of the human psyche was second to none, and their very presence in the history books were supposedly enough to give some children nightmares.

", is just plain wrong. It causes you to act in a way that's biased and unfair against innocent people... now if we ever get into a war with another village, heavens forbid that ever happens again, you can ignore the judging people from their village thing, but only so long as said other villager is an active threat to Konoha. that is the only time when discriminating is okay, because if you don't you're probably going to be killed." He said, not bothering to sugarcoat it.

Focusing on the little monologue Soron was givnig, he could have felt a twinge of sympathy for the boy if he had not gone through the same situation himself as of right now, but at least there was the chance that Soron's partner was still alive. Mitsuo, on the other hand, was as dead as a turkey at thanksgiving. He tried to give him a sympathetic look, but it might have come off as a little forced. He was just finding it kind of hard to empathize with someone who was in a worse situation than him and was complaining about it; He didn't get the right to complain, so why did this kid who hadn't earned it yet?

Then they both started talking about Jouninism, and he had the strongest urge to let his hand hit his own face out of sheer bewilderment. they were thinking about that now? He sighed and began a spiel that was potentially hypocritical at the speed that he ranked up, but he was considered a prodigy. Plus with all those years spent looking after his family, it wasn't entirely like he'd been doing nothing for all those years. All the animals he'd killed to bring meat home for his family, all the times that he'd had to bring home the metaphorical bacon, not to mention the literal bacon, honed his skills like a whetting stone. He had all rights to talk about training the body before getting powers, since that was what he had had to do. He was the very embodiment of getting things from working from a low position, no matter what rumors persisted around him.

"Let me tell you something important, and most leaders won't tell their squads this; Being a genin for a long time is a lot safer than being a jounin really quickly. If you're a genin for longer, you get the feel of the battlefield, to get to understand your enemy's psyche, to find your forte and to concentrate your energy into monopolizing it. Those flags are all important points to reach before even attempting to become a jounin. I know too many people who were promoted too quickly and became next to useless. Like owydelu, the only person that I am aware of in the history of the village that lost their title not through being defeated, nor from retiring, but from sheer bloody incompetence. Tell me, would you rather be a savvy and useful jounin later in your life, or one that would step on a landmine because they don't know what one looks like right now?"

Kidzukai

Kidzukai

D-rank
Kidzukai, losing his temper at the words from his Sensei which were obviously directed toward his act of vomiting at the awkward nature of the situation, raised his voice to an agitated tone and delivered a very concerned and offended speech.

"For one with eyes held in such high regard for perception and ability, you sure have missed something here Oshiki. On a first meeting with someone of your esteem, someone I respect fully, would you not anticipate my nervousness? To add to such, you've been drinking before this meeting, I smell it on your breath, and that smell had upset my stomach even before we began having this conversation. Now considering all of this, in the mind someone whom is not homosexual, the idea of two men cuddling naked might seem like something slightly revolting, when thinking of what goes along with with that. To be apathetic of my feelings would be in the better interest of you, sir. It isn't that I have any form of homophobia, it's like being shown a food that you really just don't have a taste for. That's all. It was enough to set me into throwing up. It was almost as if the humorousness of it combined with the awkwardness presented by bringing out such a book at a meeting were just too much for my nerves. Now, please take in factors as they need be taken in sir, to prejudge me as a homophobe really is a bit hypocritical when you're not wishing to be unfairly judge for being homosexual. I am not prejudice against anyone for anything and I hope that next time you can please pay more mind before speaking toward me like that."

Kid normally didn't lose his temper in such a way, but this situation really set him into an entire new level of anger. He had done everything he could to leave a positive impression on his new squad mates, and due to someone accordingly suppose to be extremely talented with the sharingan, had looked past the possibility of situational cause to the vomiting. Had prejudged Kid as a homophobe indirectly and had literally just made him feel like a complete ignoramus in front of his fellow squad mate.

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron stood back his eyes widening for only an instance at the surprise that his new squad mate and master were getting into it like they were even though they had just only met today. It wasnt that big of a deal though as homophobia is a subject which has a very large range of controversy. He stepped in between the uchiha and the hyuga before speaking placing his hand on the chest of both of them to keep them from tearing each other apart. "Okay people there is no need for violence amongst ourselves save you energy for training and for our future battles as squad 4 not on some ignorant argument about judging people based upon really unimportant aspects."

After he finished what he was saying he took a deep breath hoping the other members of his team would do the same before pulling a half smoked cigarette from his pocket and a lighter. He didnt often smoke, only on rare occasions of elevated stress and anxiety and even then he only took usually a single drag or two before putting it out and tossing it. He placed the cigarette in his mouth lit it and inhaled a single lungful of the smoke before putting it out on the ground as he exhaled and tossing the rest of the cigarette into the street. He figured this gesture may have come to a surprise to the other two on his team so he explained himself before anything was brought up. "Im sorry if smokings not your thing as its not really mine neither. You will almost never except for just then see me smoke as i only do on very rare occasions. If you do see me smoking say something cause it means im either stressed out or upset about something."

After the little ordeal they had all just had he took a few more slower deep breathes before turning back from kid to their sensei and back again. "Now sensei if its okay with Kid, id like to either take on a mission or do some training right now. I think it would be healthy to do a mock battle so we can get a feel on each others styles as well as our strengths and weaknesses." He turned to kid and then back to his sensei sighing as he spoke the next time. "And also as i am most likely the only one here without a doujutsu to be gifted with... i want to see how i stack up against you two and your amazing visual powers." It was true he didnt have a gift like they did but this didnt make him weak did it? "Of course im not weak. Just cause im not super gifted doesnt mean i cant handle myself." He thought to himself silently.

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
Wow... Kidzukai was an insubordinate little weasel. The boy was on about how he was nervous about this whole meet up and how scared he was of this man who was standing before him, yet Oshi had not done anything to threaten either of them, and he was their superior officer. Why was that something to be nervous around? this wasn't academy, this wasn't boot camp where you had to be absolutely in line or you would be kicked out, this was a teacher-student relationship that was in the real world, where you could do what you liked as long as it didn't break any of the laws and as long as it didn't hurt anyone. the fact that this kid could get so scared of someone just because they out-ranked him... well, that line of thought was usually one held by potential traitors as far as he had met them. It was the same kind of mindset as guilty people don't run and that people who get seriously upset at being accused of a crime either did it, or they have some sort of bad backstory with said crime.

"You know, considering gay sex as being revolting is actually homophobic. that's the definition of being a homophobe; a person who hates or fears homosexual people. Do you know what revulsion is? a sense of disgust and loathing. You're arguing that you're not homophobic because you don't hate homosexual people, you find them disgusting. Even if I wasn't your commanding officer I'd tell you how wrong that is." he said, giving the insubordinate brat a look that could curdle milk. He wondered if Kid knew that he could just throw him out of this squad for the boy's attitude right now. talking about being nervous and then making a prat out of himself verbally attacking his CO, what a fool. "And furthermore, isn't finding them disgusting without knowing any of them a form of prejudice? Really, all you're arguing here is that you're not that kind of person because you're EXACTLY that kind of person."

"However, as for being nervous, can i ask exactly what there is to be nervous about? We are not on the battlefield, we are not about to be attacked by insane people who want to kill us just so they can kill us. You're talking to your teacher, I'm the guy who's supposed to bring you up to be the best ninja you can be, not the guy who's going to kill you for your allegiance or your personality." Despite how much he disliked Kid's personality, this was true. He was their leader until they ranked up to his rank, and that meant that he was responsible for them. This was his first team, and he was not going to lose them just because one was a distasteful self-righteous fool.

"Let me make this clear to you; My job is to make you reach your zenith, I'm the one who's responsible for making you be the best ninja you can possibly be. That means giving you counselling about your personality and about working to make you better in combat so that you don't die before you can help the village. If you're nervous around me, that almost certainly means it's a lack of confidence, Kid. So, let me say this; If either of you two ever find it difficult to trust yourselves, if you ever become uncertain or scared, and find it hard to believe in yourselves... don't. Don't believe in yourselves. If it comes to that, then believe in me. You've had an easy life up to this point, but this is where it get difficult, and it's because of your training in the academy that I am SURE you will overcome your difficulties. So, if you can't believe in yourselves at any point, believe in the me that believes in you." Despite his clear festering dislike of Kid's anti-gay mindset, he was surprisingly good at being the leader in that moment.

Responding to Soron's desire to train, Oshi cleared his throat.
"Alright, you two want to learn how to fight? then we'll do a mock battle, right here and now." he said, giving a little flick of his wrist from side to side to indicate that he meant the square that they were currently standing in.
"Now, I can bet you're wondering "But sir, there are civilians around, surely that'll put them in danger?" Well, that's exactly why we're doing this battle here. When you're a ninja, you don't have the comfort of always fighting in some deserted forest or some alleyway where no-one but your opponent will be able to get hurt. Often you will have to fight near innocents, and if you get into the habits of going crazy with your abilities, then you'll end up either seriously hurting an innocent or, god forbid, killing one. Now, do you have any objections, or are you ready to fight? If you're ready, then come at me with everything you've got, because you're going to need it to even get close to laying a scratch on me."

Kidzukai

Kidzukai

D-rank
"Think of me exactly as you wish, Oshiki Uchiha. I am here to learn to be a shinobi capable of protecting Konoha, not to entertain someone's feeling of persecution. I know what I am and how i feel about people inside. I do not need to explain myself to the likes of someone who came into this conversation with the ideal that I've been in the wrong from the start.  Your prejudgement was clear from the moment you scolded me for having the wine. This topic is over."

These were Kids closing words to Oshiki as Soron stood between both of those who were arguing. He knew this Uchiha was blinded by reality. The      fundamental attribution error at its finest. Blaming the person rather than the situation for his offense. That was fine. Kid could care less, he had done his good here, and was ready to begin training. 

As Soron had suggested after separating the Uchiha and the Hyuga, they were now faced with  the challenge of taking on the Sensei in the middle  of the marketplace. Two people who'd probably see Kid hung for goodness knows why, and he  had to   work with one of them to harm the other. Kidzukai was not excited. 

"Soron, now you know we actually need to land a hit on him right? If I am to succeed we cannot be jumping in front of each other's attacks." Kidzukai  said, smiling sarcastically at the boy. He wasn't typically this flustered, but Oshiki was as blind as a hat when it came to interpreting meaning behind action and that had really sent Kid into what might be called a bad mood. 

Kidzukai pulled close to Soron and said to him ,with his hand covering his mouth "If Oshiki expects us  to be disliking each other, he will underestimate our cooperative ability and we may get out of this at least having left a scratch or bruise on him. That would be considered a success when you consider his ranking. Now when I finish speaking to you, just shove me away and try to hit me in the face, we will fake a full on fight with each other, and when Oshiki moves up to try to stop us, we will both pull evasive maneuvers and try to land simultaneous strikes on him."

Kidzukai pulled away from Soron awaiting a punch or kick to thrown in his direction.

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron felt like he had successfully defused the situation before it escalated to high to quickly. However they were still continuing on with their verbal argument. He decided at that point that they should just speak whats on their mind and get it out of their system. He figured that would be the only way for them to cool off would be to just speak their mind and flush their systems. Soron hung back while they chewed each other out. He sighed as the argument finally completed itself. He has always hated verbal arguments, especially ones that are meaningless and don't really include something important. He finally got back into the group once his sensei announced they would be fighting right here right now.

This little bit of news did kinda shock him at first. He didnt think they would have a battle in the middle of one of the most populated areas of the village let alone within the village at all really. It seemed like it was dangerous and reckless but Soron could handle it without hurting innocents as long as he didnt use any of his stronger jutsu. He listened to his sensei's monologue before he heard Kids voice float into his ear and take over his attention. "Soron, now you know we actually need to land a hit on him right? If I am to succeed we cannot be jumping in front of each other's attacks." After kid finished what he was saying it was Sorons turn to speak. "Kid thats pretty self explanatory i know that. We should be alright as any stronger jutsu any of us know will be off limits due to mortality chance anyways. Just back each other up and dont give up, follows those two aspects and we can do this."

He soon felt kid scoot closer to him and speak in a whisper, this was so their sensei couldnt hear him of course that part was instantly clear. Kids "plan" as he explained wasnt necessarily a bad plan but it didnt really suit Sorons way of fighting nor his personality at all really. "Kid a strategy like that wont work. A plan like that doesnt suit my personality so that means i wouldnt accurately be able to play the role. I do have a plan however though that just might work. Follow up behind me and try using the crowd of people to our will but without hurting them. We can use them to hide and then launch blind side attacks. Im gonna attack now so be ready." Soron whispered this and as he finished he did his best to duck into the crowd of people around them. He kept low, tensed, and ready for anything. After a second or two he launched himself as at his sensei. He was on the right side of his sensei now. He threw a few quick jabs along with using his leaf gale technique as it was a close taijutsu technique which wouldnt harm any innocents. He focused solely on his sensei hoping kid had his back still.

chakra left 140/150:

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
He wondered for a moment or two if the pair of them had forgotten that he was an Uchiha. The Uchiha clan had the powers of the sharigan, which gave them untold muscle detection power. He could generate a move before they had even done it simply by looking at the way that they had moved their muscles. Of course, that would be an unfair advantage, considering the different levels they were on already, but it did mean that he was able to read all their body's movements... including their mouth.

It wasn't an ability that he normally admitted to people, but he was able to lip read almost perfectly. Or... at least, that was the plan, but then Kid put his hand over his mouth, blocking out his ability to lip-read. What it did mean, however, was that they were clearly planning something. If they tried to lure him into a suspicious situation, he must not fall for what they were going to do. If he was to fall for a trap left by people so far below his own level, what sort of message would that send? Not just to his students themselves but to the village as a whole?

Then, they started speaking in a way that he could read it. Soron, apparently, had a lot less care for being secretive than his partner did. As someone who had been offered work as part of the village's ANBU corps several times, it seemed almost insulting that someone would enter battle so haphazardly, Kid had gone out of his way to make sure there was no way that their plan would work, and yet the boy was actually just disregarding everything that he said and doing it his own way?

This was not how a team should work, they should be as one fluid body, able to be the limbs together at once, to hold a position or to fight an enemy beyond their individual strength. That was what this lesson had originally been supposed to teach them, as well as being cautious when fighting in public. If you run off on your own and attack without any sense of understanding techniques, then that was only going to get both members of the team that was attacking hurt. One did not simply attack a superior soldier at the front, even when outnumbering, it was virtual suicide.

"Kid a strategy like that wont work. A plan like that doesn't suit my personality so that means I wouldn't accurately be able to play the role. I do have a plan however though that just might work. Follow up behind me and try using the crowd of people to our will but without hurting them. We can use them to hide and then launch blind side attacks. I'm gonna attack now so be ready." So, he was planning a sneak attack? Oh well, time to move out of the way of the crowd, he thought to himself as he moved forwards, not bothering to use his full speed... at least, not yet.

It was still around twice as fast as they would be able to move without a specific jutsu, but it was not even close to how fast he could move normally. Like this, he would be able to avoid letting them sneak attack him both at once, if they were out in the open all he had to worry about was watching his own back, something he felt relatively capable about. After all, they were only two genin; He had fought entire squads of chuunin and not come out with a scratch.

And, just like that, the fight was on. Soron began to move towards him with punches, each of which he dodged with ease, considering that even blocking would be able to deal him the slightest bit of damage. These were the punches of a novice - A taijutsu specialist novice, true, but a novice all the same. Not much to have to really worry about here, there wasn't even any use of chakra within it. However, as the boy shot down to the ground, he suddenly found himself having to react properly, no longer just kidding around.

As the leg moved towards him, he shot chakra through his leg and launched his own kick. Even this, he thought as he shot his leg forwards against the kick, would be overkill. This fighting style was so fast that normal people, including these two, would have been unable to react to it. It was simply one of the most powerful techniques of such a low rank, and it wasn't even a technique so to speak. This was his most basic fighting style, known as Yōshiki no tatakai, or the blinding fist due to the sheer speed of it.

285/300:

Soron

Soron

D-rank
Soron had gone in for the attack. It wasnt until he saw his sensei almost effortlessly dodging all of Sorons attacks that he realized he was up against an uchiha so he would need to be careful. The sharingan could apparently read the movements of its target so well it would appear they are seeing the future. Then again these were just rumors and it would require Soron finding out first hand for him to believe mere hearsay. His sensei moved with a very impressive amount of speed even when just being defensive to Soron knew that his attacks would equal or even surpass the speed he was currently seeing his sensei use. He needed to be ready to evade or block. He himself had above average perception but that didnt compare to the perception that the wielder of such a doujutsu as the sharingan would have but even so he figured it would be something that will definitely come in handy.

Soron quickly shot to the ground to perform his taijutsu technique which would be a cut above his previous attacks. However he to was dodged and this time a counter-attack was launched with incredible speed. Soron was able to see the kick coming but only just in time for him to slide just a slight portion of his hand in front of his face as the foot connected and he was sent rolling back. He skidded a few meters away on the ground before stopping. As he sat back up a small dribble of blood dribbled out of his nose and mouth. His lip had clearly been busted open completely, a minimal injury but an injury all the same. If this was how his sensei did battle then this fight would be a tough one as that speed was incredible, just what is to be expected of a jounin rank ninja not to mention a jounin ranked uchiha ninja. He then worked his way to his feet and as he staggered up you could clearly tell he hadnt yet regained all of his balance.

He took a deep breath and wiped the dirt and blood from his face. He narrowed his vision at his sensei clearly cooking up something in that head of his. In a place like this he could use the clone jutsu. It might give him an advantage and in this crowded circumstance the clones should more effectively hide the real Soron. The clones dont make shadows or disturb the environment but in such an area as this both of those are methods are questionable. Soron charged his sensei and as he did he formed a handsign creating five duplicates of himself whom then spread out with Soron hiding himself among them. Soron held a single clone back and he charged his sensei with the four others. Leaving one clone behind was to maybe fool his sensei into thinking the one hanging back was the real Soron.

As Soron and four of the clones weaved through the crowd and closed the gap between the two combatants all the clones and Soron threw themselves at Oshiki. Though at different angles all of the clones mimicked Sorons moves. The first few attacks were a combo of some quick jabs followed by side kicks and front kicks. As sorons combo continued he began to throw knees in and then elbows, keeping his moves a mixture and variety to keep from his sensei discovering a pattern or other loophole. This whole time Soron is attacking he has not forgotten the speed his opponent holds and he had every muscle fiber in his body tensed and ready to respond to any counter attacks to the best of his bodies ability.

chakra 125/150:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.