You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eyeing the World of Man (Sero/Invite/NK) Empty Eyeing the World of Man (Sero/Invite/NK) Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 am

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
After slaking her thirst for blood on a rabbit that was unfortunate enough to be near by, Miyu skittered up a tree and surveyed her surroundings. It was dim on the island and misty, but that never bothered her overmuch as her arachnid eyes were accustomed and even built for such an environment. With the tree she sat in now bearing the full weight of her eight legged form it creaked and swayed unhappily as she shifted in it. She had been invited by her father to go to the manor and speak more, for which she was very grateful and excited. She had been there plenty of times before and for the most part considered it a home, however this time was different. This time she would be speaking with her father, the great Sero Osada, rather than simply watching from afar. And now was the opportunity she had been hoping for to make a much better impression.  She regretted now consuming the entirety of her prey, even though she had been quite hungry, as now in order to bring a proper gift she would have to hunt again. Hunting was one of her favourite past times, however it was difficult to do already smelling of the blood of your previous kill.

Clicking her mandibles together in annoyance she skittered from tree to tree, using her webbing where it was too far to jump gracefully until finally she spotted a small family of badgers. Their slick black and white coats glinted slightly in what there was of the light of day and while they seemed fully alert to all predators along the ground, she was above them. She saw seven of them, a large adult badger and six tiny babies, all mewling for food and rooting around in the awkward way that newly born things do. She watched patiently for several minutes until she was certain that her presence had not caused fear or panic in the creatures and then slowly lowered herself down until she was hanging about two feet above the adult badger. It had always given her some semblance of a thrill to be this close to her victims and them not be aware of the danger they were in. As quick as a flash of lightning she snatched up the large mammal by its neck and swiftly broke it in her powerful jaws, she doubted that it had had the time to realize what was occurring before it died. As it hung limply in her mouth she considered taking the pups as well, however could not think of a reasonable way of doing it and still being able to get to the manor quickly.

The tiny badgers would likely not survive on their own, however Miyu took note of where they lay regardless, as at least if they did she wanted to know where to come back to when she got hungry again. Her catch firmly secured by her sharp fangs she bounded through the trees, using more speed than grace this time. She knew that she could eat this kill whenever she wanted at no detriment to her health, however humans she was not entirely sure of. As she grew closer to the manor and could see its stone shape more clearly she could as well feel the terrible presence of a thing stalking her. Climbing along the wall and into a window she would run across the ceiling of the entryway, making her way along to what she believed to be a large room for eating. It made the most sense to her to deposit her gift there, as that was its intended purpose, and after lowering herself down to a table she would release her grip on the neck of the badger and allow it to drop gently onto the table itself, it making a dull thud as it fell. Once she was free of having to carry things she would begin to concentrate on her chakra once more, allowing her shape to be replaced with that of a small teenage human girl. Similar in features to her father; long white hair, sea blue eyes and waifish frame, and a full and long purple and black gown. Once transformed she would sit down carefully in a chair and wait. Her father had found her last time and she had no doubt that he would find her again just as easily, especially now that she was in his domain.

Chakra 145/150:

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero had moved to the manor and contemplated the going ons of the day and just how he intended to go about them. He had a considerable amount to think about if he had spare time to do so. He had made it back to the manor and spent some time simply standing next to the bell tower outside on the roof. His grey eyes staring at the thick wall that separated the world from the spider known as Momma. Where she lived in comfort thanks to his connections and her herd of spiders providing her food. He had known she had been up to something as of late but not what it was. He had felt it since they first made that connection and yet here he was just now learning about it. Perhaps he just hadn't been interested enough in his investment. His pale hand would reach out and touch the wall as he would reach out with his chakra and try to sense within. It was true that Momma was slumbering there. A large chakra source simply resting and unaware of how close he was. Yet even within there were a couple of chakra signatures like the girls in the cave. Even as he spread his senses through out the manor below him he could detect a few here and there. All less matured than her but on the verge. This was an interesting development. He would need to learn what he could of them before it grew out of hand.

Luckily his first test subject had matured far quicker than the others for some reason. At least of those still within the manor. He could test her behavior and learning skills to his hearts content based on the current data available to him. He needed to see if predators could function in a human society. See if they could learn not to endanger the human race and prevent their own extinction. People were naturally afraid of spiders. He had chosen them for learning his sage abilities from that view point. He wanted something that terrified. Now he needed to see if it could manage those instincts and not attack random people. She was young and truth be told this would be a baptism by fire. His hopes were not for her to fail though. If she could succeed here than he would have access to something very prominent for the island. A potent guardian clan of shinobi. A new guardian of his island if not his clan. Who knew the limits of such a prominent species. Perhaps if they grew enough he would grant them their own clan compound on his island. With any luck this Miyu would grow ever more attached to him and become the head of the clan. Leading them against his numerous enemies and learning only to feast on the flesh of those foolish enough to come looking for blood. As he had done for so many years now. Filling himself on their deaths.

However as his senses finished stretching to the edges of the manor he felt her chakra pass through his senses. She stood out here now that he focused on her. A small beacon of untapped power moving to the dining hall. Even just her arrival had all the smaller chakra signatures scurrying as the spiders in the house shifted and waited. Perhaps they too were anticipating his reaction. Either way his hand would remove itself and he would turn. As he stepped his form would seem to blur into a black mist before swirling down from the roof down into the manor as the dark thing shifted through the halls and finally without a sound into the dining hall. He smelled the dead badger before he saw it. For the moment it appeared she had brought him something and yet it didn't suit him very well did it. He shifted back into a robed form from the silent mist as he stood behind her. Speaking up as he did. His voice a dull grating sound on the ears as his eyes watched her with the same dull sensation.

"You have returned and with a gift. I hope you don't mind but that will be better served to your mother and your siblings. You and I won't be remaining here long enough for a meal."

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
Miyu sat on a chair awaiting her father’s arrival, discovering while she did so that she didn’t much care for sitting on chairs. She would much rather have been in her true form up on the ceiling, tucked safely into a dark corner, not in this fairly uncomfortable spot that had her in a very vulnerable position. There were aspects of being human that she enjoyed so far, but this was not one of them. Only adding to her discomfort was the dreadful feeling that she was being watched and stalked by some monstrous thing. When Sero finally arrived in the room with her it took a great deal of self control to not instantly transform and scurry away. She would swivel on the hard unyielding chair and turn to face him, rising gracefully and curtsying low as he spoke to her.

"You have returned and with a gift. I hope you don't mind but that will be better served to your mother and your siblings. You and I won't be remaining here long enough for a meal."

She was pleased at his recognition of her gift, doubly so seeing as this meeting she had been prepared enough to bring a gift to her father. Their last encounter she had been woefully unprepared and was attempting now to make up for her lack of foresight. Upon hearing that he wished for it to go to her mother and siblings a small spark of annoyance lit inside her, until she heard his reason why. When she had first decided to accept his offer and come to the manor to meet him, it had not occurred to her what they might be doing. But one thing she had not expected was to be leaving the manor immediately. It was a curious turn of events and the intrigue that she felt snuffed out the flame of anger that had been stoked. She was not angry with her father, but merely the idea that her ungrateful siblings would be given such a prize. Her brothers and sisters were well enough, however she did not like the idea of hunting for them, seeing as they would not appreciate the gesture, being that they were not intelligent enough. For the most part.

Rising from her curtsy she would look at her father quizzically, she couldn’t imagine where they might be going to or for that matter why they might be leaving at all. She did trust that her beloved father had a good reason for such an outing, but her need to know the why of it outweighed an good sense she might have had. Pulling herself up to her full height and looking as demure and obedient as she could given her intended question she smiled and spoke in her soft, feminine voice.

“Father, where might we be going? It’s not that I’m not excited to travel somewhere with you, however I am curious where we could go that would be more interesting than here at the manor.”

Miyu waited for her father’s reply, hoping desperately that he did not object to her challenging of his venture. She would fold her hands delicately in front of her, resting them on the multitude of layers of fabric that comprised her gown, grateful that she had remembered to create shoes this time as the air in here felt cool and likely the temperature of the stone on her feet would have added to her discomfort.

586/1332

Sero

Sero

S-rank
He could sense the irritation from her already as he suggested the gift would not be going to its intended giftee, himself. He had little use for a dead badger at the moment so he had simply allocated it to those who would benefit from it. Surely it was the logical choice. However she didn't seem to respond to logic as he did. He had hoped that may have rubbed off on her more but she was rather impulse driven. Did she perhaps despise her own siblings? Her own race as it were? She was not human and soon enough there would be prejudice against her for her to face. Prejudice that he needed her to react well to. If she lashed out in anger at the civilian population or even another shinobi it could spell tragedy. One which he would have a difficult time establishing her as a shinobi if she did. In truth for her to appear successfully as his would be child she needed composure. However she was still young and shared more traits with the humans than he did. Perhaps her emotions would benefit her to that extent. All was unknown for the time being and yet he had a way to establish more.

Still it would fade away to be replaced with something more useful. Curiosity could keep the wheels turning in his ploy for a while. Still she would speak up and question what could be more interesting than the manor. Where they might be going. Truth be told his manor had been restored to the work of art it had once been. His grey eyes scanned the walls a moment before shifting back to her. He never took the time to admire the craftsmanship so it was good to be reminded of it every once in a while. Still he would speak in return to her. His own doubts pushed aside for a moment. "A world beyond the island and different cultures. Come along and you will see." With that he turned from her. He had a challenge that could end up fatal for her but he needed to challenge her. If she were to become his child, to even become his heir and if there were others like her the head of her clan he needed to establish her capabilities. What he had in mind could push her to her limits but with luck she was the best suited for it.

His steps would carry him through the manor keeping a casual pace that meant even normal humans could keep up with him. Taking her chakra level into account to assume she was genin and her size. Still his robes would seem to flare out slightly as he moved from the dining hall through the throne room into the entry way and out the door onto the path leading to the Ferry which would be on the other side of the docks. His boots hitting the dirt of the path before he would continue speaking up in return to her curiosities. He still needed to explain this before they left the island, before they made it out of sight of the manor. His feet were barely outside the door and walking down to the garden when he would speak up. His tone was very monotone but his words were harsh in a way. As if she would flee or rather should flee at the mention of what he had intended for her.

"I wish to challenge you as my daughter. There is a task I must demand you keep a secret. I will be taking you to the village if only to meet up with two genin. Individuals roughly around your shinobi level. From there the three of you will abandon anything tying you to Kiri and move under aliases you establish as Konoha travelers into the hostile nation of Kumo. You three will be there to collect a man that can make you stronger that I need to return to me. You are especially qualified for this because you are not only unknown to their village because you are unknown to ours, but you are also an excellent hunter. The question is can you blend into human society well enough or would you choose to give up and flee back to your cave?"

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
Miyu was intrigued by her father’s words. A land beyond this one? She had not considered what might be beyond the island that she lived on, and had certainly never thought that she might leave it so soon. All thoughts of the dead badger gone from her mind she would follow after Sero as quickly as she could given her small stature. She took the time to look over the garden as they walked through it, she had thought it strange that humans would keep a small space for the purpose of growing things, but considering that humans she had seen were likely not good hunters she could understand why they might want food that didn’t try to run away. Eating green things seemed a bit strange to her, and she wondered if she was going to be made to do it. She sincerely hoped not, since none of the plants or flowers in the garden looked very appetizing to her.

"I wish to challenge you as my daughter. There is a task I must demand you keep a secret. I will be taking you to the village if only to meet up with two genin. Individuals roughly around your shinobi level. From there the three of you will abandon anything tying you to Kiri and move under aliases you establish as Konoha travelers into the hostile nation of Kumo. You three will be there to collect a man that can make you stronger that I need to return to me. You are especially qualified for this because you are not only unknown to their village because you are unknown to ours, but you are also an excellent hunter. The question is can you blend into human society well enough or would you choose to give up and flee back to your cave?"

She was surprised at the harshness of her father’s challenge. She noted that although his voice did not change in pitch the choice of words were clearly meant to incite a reaction. And react she would, she had not been verbally challenged by anyone before now. Non-verbally she supposed, small creatures just daring her to leap upon them and tear them to bits, but never by a human. She was not sure if she enjoyed the challenge or hated it. For one part she felt inspired to prove that she was more than capable of such a dangerous task, she wanted to show her father that she could be trusted and relied on. Also though she found the challenge irritating, and wondered if perhaps her father did not believe that she was up to the task. She would ever so slightly raise one eyebrow as she bent down to gently pet a leaf in the garden, taking her time to find the words that would perfectly encapsulate her feelings and thoughts. While she had learned to speak, she was still learning the subtle nuances of speech amongst humans.

“I accept your challenge father. I have no reason to believe that I cannot blend into human society in a manner that does not raise suspicions, though I think that my perspective on the matter is possibly inadequate. I will keep this task a secret as you say, you need not fear my loyalty. It is to you, and by extension to Kirigakure, anything you ask of me I will do.” She would take a moment to look pointedly at the leaf clutched in her hand. “Including eating the green things that humans enjoy so much, if that is necessary. I would prefer not to given the choice however. I will find this man for you and bring him back. Am I to assume he needs to be returned alive and well?”

627/1959

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would narrow his grey gaze and tilt his head to look at her from the corner of his eye. She had more personality than he had expected and spoke well enough to pass for human. Had he not known better he would have assumed as much that she was born human and raised with an extensive education. His grey orbs studied her and her mannerism. There was still an awkwardness in her step but for just having perfected the human transformation she had adapted to walking on two legs with shoes in a very short time. To having fingers as well. Her dress made her seem innocent enough without a spot of dirt or blood on it but imperfections were a part of being human. The fact that her skin was flawless as her clothes were. That having traveled through the woods with a kill in tooth told him there was some illusion at work here. However he had known those facts and was highly observant. Perhaps others wouldn't be as much. Still her irritation and curiosity seemed to follow everything he stated. Had he simply been to harsh? Surely anyone that knew of him wouldn't expect becoming his heir to be a simple thing granted by birth. More of a contract with the devil it turned out.

She would shift down to pet a leaf as if it were a household dog. Something he found odd though perhaps spiders were simply more in tune with the nature around them than he. He had witnessed how nature chakra connected everything and still he didn't sense a bond between him and the inanimate. Then again he didn't have much of a bond with the animate either. Feeling removed from them while still responsible for them and of them. Though few questioned how he did things Ayakashi did make a habit of teaching him how to improve. Still the girl would speak to him and he would find her words interesting. So she knew enough of his habits to know of his loyalties. She was a decent spy to know for certain his motives. Perhaps she would be far more useful to herself and him in turn than he had suspected at first glance. Still his lips would ever so slightly curve at the question of if he was to be returned alive. Almost as if he smiled before he spoke. As if her words had actually brought out visual amusement from the statue of a man.

"Of the top five shinobi in the village, There stands Ayakashi at the pinnacle. Next to her is myself and beside me my team mate. Nozomi. Of those two neither have ever managed to cut into me in our spars. The reason Mister Maigo is whom I selected to become your squad leader and first instructor, is because he achieved what many think impossible. He drew my blood and with my own weapon. The three of you couldn't kill him if you caught him in the act of coitus. I advise peaceful negotiations but you are free to test him if you wish. Now come along."

He would turn from her and allow her to see his back while expecting her to remain at his side and slightly behind perhaps. It was a sign of honor to stand next to him and would be inappropriate for even his own child to walk in pace with himself. Still the two of them if she followed would move down the path passed the black gates and down to the road coated in mist through the barren forest. Naked tree limbs dark with lack of light almost reaching out to the heavens for comfort. Passing a tree covered in bandit and missing nin headbands in a clearing to one side. A testimate to Sero's work. They were nearing the beach next to the old broken stone bridge when Sero would stop and place a cold hands firmly on her shoulder. His eyes seemed to be scanning for the two he had ordered to come there around that time to meet her. Speaking once more though this time without looking to Miyu at his side.

"Also you should offer to be the scout. Give you time to recover from maintaining your transformation. Some humans may not take kindness to a spider that speaks. Best to hide that. "

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
Miyu listened attentively to her father’s words, reaching down absentmindedly to pluck the leaf from its branch that she had been she was so lovingly petting as she took in his statement. She was surprised to hear him say that anyone was greater than he was, but if anyone should be allowed to say so it should be him. She made a mental note to severely punish anyone that said the same, were they not Sero.

"Of the top five shinobi in the village, There stands Ayakashi at the pinnacle. Next to her is myself and beside me my team mate. Nozomi. Of those two neither have ever managed to cut into me in our spars. The reason Mister Maigo is whom I selected to become your squad leader and first instructor, is because he achieved what many think impossible. He drew my blood and with my own weapon. The three of you couldn't kill him if you caught him in the act of coitus. I advise peaceful negotiations but you are free to test him if you wish. Now come along."

She followed along behind him obediently, placing the leaf in her mouth as she went and chewing it thoughtfully. The leaf was fairly bland compared to the rich blood and tissue she was used to eating, but she supposed that if she was going to be trying to pass for human, starting with a single leaf was not a terrible idea. Even if it was a terrible leaf. Miyu was also interested to meet the only shinobi ever to draw Sero’s blood. She imagined that he must be quite fearsome and intense, to be the type of warrior capable of such a feat.

As they passed through the black gate she paused and stared at a tree decorated with bits of cloth and metal. It was a strange sort of ornamentation, that she did not quite understand. Realizing she had fallen behind somewhat in her musing she would hurry to catch up, stopping again near a bridge that looked like it had seen better days. This time however she did not cease her movement of her own volition; Sero’s hand had clamped itself firmly on her shoulder, to which she would look up for further instruction. She found that he was not looking at her at all, but seemed to be looking around for something else entirely.

"Also you should offer to be the scout. Give you time to recover from maintaining your transformation. Some humans may not take kindness to a spider that speaks. Best to hide that. "

Her eyebrow would raise a touch as she worked to suppress a sadistic giggle. The thought of making the humans uncomfortable merely by being a spider was incredibly amusing. She was not overly fond of the idea of hiding what she was, but with the tiniest of shrugs and a slight bow of her head she acquiesced.

“I’ll scout if that’s something we require, I am fairly good at it I suppose. Though I’m not certain what dangers humans look for, other humans perhaps? I could also offer to hunt, since I would prefer to eat the flesh of animals at least instead of leaves. The leaves taste awful by the way. I don’t want to hide that I am a spider, but if you think it is best then I will, father.”

572/2531

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
A new journey was about to begin.

It was just another day, a day where Fuyuko wasn’t all that sure what she would end up doing. There were quite a few possibilities, she could take up a mission and earn some more ryo or refine her skills by practicing at the training fields. In the end she decided she would just stroll through the town and see what she feels up to. Just in case she got herself dressed in her mission gear, if she decided to take a mission she would be ready to go. But as she was about to leave the house she noticed a letter had been slipped underneath her door. She opened it up and started to read it. It contained very little information. All it stated was to get to a certain location at a certain time. All in all, it was very vague. Fuyuko wondered if she was finally getting assigned a team, with that thought in mind she quickly walked outside the door with a big smile upon her face.

Having traversed quite a bit through the woods, Fuyuko had finally reached the shore side of the main island. Having taken the straightest route from the village to where her destination was located she ended up on a spot with no one in sight. There was no boat in sight for that matter either, so there was only really one way left for her to cross the body of water. She would need to walk over it. She started to channel her chakra underneath her feet. Once the channelling was done she would begin to start walking across the water. Having found her footing on the ever moving water she would continue running towards the island.

After some time she had finally crossed the water and stood firmly upon land again. She looked around to find the bridge described in the letter, that was their meeting location after all. Eventually she spotted the bridge and headed over in its direction. When she got to it, she was somewhat shocked by the state of the bridge, it was quite evident that the bridge had been blown up. It made her wonder why it was blown up, what was the history behind the bridge. She decided to sit on the edge of the bridge where the sand would meet the water and think of reason why the bridge could have been blown up, she had arrived rather early after all and had plenty of time left to kill.

wc 425

Chakra 145/150:

Sero

Sero

S-rank
As Fuyuko would arrive at the far shore from the destination a fog bank would crawl over the water. A thick white blanket so like the hidden mist technique it hid the far shore. Lowering the temperature in the air. Yet that wasn't what would send a shiver down the spine. Every instinct for survival would feel like something dangerous was over there. Like only death waited for them and yet it was where the letter had asked her to go. Even as she crossed the water nothing swam beneath it. Nothing stirred or showed life as the world seemed to turn grey. No color resided here. As she broke through the fog bank she would find herself in a totally different realm from the shores of Kirigakure. Here nothing stirred or lived. Barren black tree's seemed to reach out with claw like branches as if begging for some sort of relief from the heavens. In between the lower branches were large webs suggesting some very large spiders resided within those woods. It was dangerous to leave the beach. Even if she stared with concentration into those dark woods only darting shadows the size of dogs would be revealed to her. Yet nothing moved towards the beach.

As she made her way some of the darting shapes would follow in the woods but make no progress towards her. The fog blocked out the sky and more than twenty feet into the woods yet at the waters edge mere meters away the fog was considerably thicker. A portal back towards home. Still she would find the remnants of a destroyed bridge. Blackened stones burned long ago. Cold to the touch and yet it only stretched to the beginning of the water. jagged ends showed it was done without a professional touch. Still she would only be there a short time before it would happen. From within the fog a pathway would clear. Mist flowing away from a road covered by tree's wide enough to easily fit a carriage within. Aside from the sudden movement of the mist though she would feel him coming. If the world had been cold and colorless before now even the breeze seemed to sit still. A certain stillness one only felt in nature when a predator approached. She would feel it like a beast lurking just out of site and at the same time breathing down the back of her neck. She would feel all this before she saw him.

Sero moved with a young lady at his side. His long white hair seemed to almost float behind him as he floated towards Fuyuko. It was clear the sense of monstrosity came from him. It seemed to be born of those dead grey eyes. The eyes of the grave staring at Fuyuko as they seemed to have moved from where they had been standing before. Sero was rather pleased that Miyu would do as he had requested. Still he approached and it seemed like this phantom was coming for her. A reaper in light robes descending upon her with child in tow. Still he would stop if she did not attempt to flee a couple meters back as his eyes seemed to go over Fuyuko studying her. Taking in all her secrets like nothing could be hidden from his gaze. She would notice something else now. It wasn't cold anymore. It was actually rather warm near him. Like he was his own furnace. Still he would place one hand upon Miyu's shoulder and speak. His words void of any humanity or emotion as his eyes were. His voice carried easily though.

"I assume you are Fuyuko. A shame that the other is not here on time. We will proceed without them."

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
The fog that rolled in and covered them was deliciously damp. She felt quite at home in the darkness and foreboding that the roiling mist offered. The warmth she felt radiating off of her father was curious, perhaps it was merely a trait of being human as she had no such heat exuding from her own flesh. But considering the stories she had heard from her mother she doubted that was the case. As they walked steadily forward, Miyu just to the left and slightly behind the imposing figure that she called father, the mist rolled back away from them. Parting it seemed at his will. And for all she knew that was exactly what had occurred.

Miyu was pleased as her father placed a hand on her shoulder. It felt not quite the same as affection, however it was close enough that it brought her a small sense of belonging. She watched with interest as young girl crossed the water towards where they both were standing, and as her human eyes took in the scene it took some effort to quell the arachnid hunger that welled. Were her father not present, Miyu was not certain that consuming the girl would be out of the question. The firm hand on her shoulder as Sero spoke helped to ground her in the here and now, leaving thoughts of consuming humans in the back of her mind.

She stared intently at the girl in front of her, her sea blue eyes studying the girl’s every movement. While it had not been asked of her, she considered that it may be useful to consider everyone prey, at least until she was instructed otherwise. She would look up briefly at Sero with a questioning look on her pale face, her white hair and pale skin made more ghostly by the dark black and violet folds of her gown. She would motion with a slight tilting of her head towards the stranger, seeking silent permission to speak to her. Assuming she received some indication that she was permitted, or at least not told to keep her peace she would smile politely and nod her head at the girl in front of them before speaking.

“Greetings Fuyuko. I am Miyu, and it would appear that I am to be travelling with you.”

Her long white hair fell briefly across her face as she nodded, and she would sweep it back gracefully behind one ear, another fang filled smile alighting upon her young face as she made her introduction. She was disappointed that there were not more humans present, while she did not enjoy the idea of being separated from her father for so long, the chance to interact with other humans was exciting. Now that there appeared to be only one however, she was not as excited by the idea. While it would be pleasant enough to learn about this one, she did prefer variety. Miyu decided it would be best to keep quiet about her complaint however, as her father had already voiced the only opinion that mattered. At least in her mind. His.

520/3051

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
The area around Fuyuko had become rather chill while she was waiting on the bridge. Despite her being out in the open it was silent as if she were in a void, the only sound she could really hear was that of her own heartbeat. Her surroundings felt barren and dead, robbed of all living things, if she didn’t know better she would’ve called it a graveyard instead of a beach. “Why would someone want to meet here?” she wondered.

She could hardly ponder on the question that had popped into her head before it was interrupted by a presence. A presence that made her feel cold and empty on the inside, a presence that made her feel like death wasn’t all that bad. It was already too late for her to run away, if that presence was after her, running now would’ve already been too late. A pathway cleared in the fog and wo figures came walking out of it. One of them seemed to be a rather tall male, just looking at him made another shiver run down her spine, it was rather clear that this was the person that was causing her to feel the way she did. Despite the feeling it gave her she seemed incapable of taking her eyes off of him. It wasn’t until the pair had gotten rather close to her that she was able to redirect her focus on the other person. He was apparently accompanied by a rather short woman. With hair as white as snow and a rather unique eye color Fuyuko couldn’t help but think the female was pretty.

The gap had been closed between them and much to Fuyuko’s surprise her skin felt warm whilst her insides were still stone cold. It was at this point she also realized she had held on tightly to her kunai. It must have been her own survival instinct to hold on to it, because logically she stood no chance. The man placed a hand on his companion’s should and started to speak. It was short and rather to the point and without emotion. She hesitated, she wanted to reply but her body wouldn’t move. It was like every muscle in her body had been frozen. Her lips would finally part but no sound would still come out. An audible swallow could be heard before she could finally manage to reply. “Ye… Yes, I am Fuyuko. I assume you were the one that wrote the letter telling me to come here?” she said with clear hesitation.

With her attention fully locked onto the male character she had completely forgotten that there was someone else present there. It wasn’t until the female started to speak to her that she was reminded of that fact. It was a short introduction, but that’s not what surprised her the most, the moment she was greeted with a smile she was taken aback once more. It was not a smile she expected of someone with such a cute looking face. It almost felt animalistic in nature. Not wanting to be rude at all in the presence of the two she decided it was best to reply politely. “It’s nice to meet you Miyu” she said with a bow. “We’re going to be traveling together?” she asked with a somewhat puzzled face. Fuyuko didn’t really have any feelings about that idea at this point in time. Her feelings were pre-occupied with wanting to survive the encounter. Despite the pair not showing any hostility towards her, it was the only thing she could feel.

wc 610
twc 1035

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would glance to the girl before him as they stood before her. His eyes studying her and seeing deep within her. As if no motive could be hidden from him. As if her desires were his to peruse and her fears his to feast upon. His eyes however reflected none of those things. They were as grey as the mist and the color was dull and almost misted over. Like the eyes of the dead. The grave keeper once known as the hunter nin boneyard stood there studying the girl he would be using for his own ends. He was disappointed that one had not arrived as the others had but he would not wait any longer. A two man team would fit in better than if they were three. Easier to travel as well. Especially with Miyu's unique talent Fuyuko would be the one finding it more difficult to infiltrate. Still he would leave Miyu's side and seem to float around the two of them. Like a creature circling its prey. He would observe them both a moment before speaking up finally. Such a strewn out silence made one wonder if he was simply considering consuming them before moving on with his time. Lured to his lair with a letter.

"Indeed. As young Miyu has already revealed the two of you are being requested to travel to find a Jounin of our village in Kumo. Your would be sensei and return him to me."

He would glance to Miyu a moment. Considering how much she might reveal simply from not being accustomed to conversations with humans. She had already revealed the fact that there would be travel though he had not implicated its secrecy. He would tilt his head a moment before settling on a particularly sturdy bit of bridge next to a mostly burnt part. His right hand, thin and pale, would reach from his sleeve as his dark red nails almost like claws would begin to scratch away at the stone leaving ridges. His bare finger carving through the stone as he would continue to speak while observing his work. Speaking over his shoulder to them at the same time not really seeming concerned about them in his blind spot. Though even behind him they would feel it. Like a sense that something was amiss. As if his exposed back was no more than a tempting lure for fools to their grave.

"However Kiri is currently on poor relations with Kumo. We can't request access for you nor force you within the borders officially. So I have taken steps to provide you with identities should you choose to go as the daughters of a merchant there to stake out new store locations. Under no circumstances are you to reveal your shinobi status before meeting your objective. You are to find one Uchiha Maigo and inform him Captain Osada Sero has requested his return home immediately. Leaving your weapons and headband here and using no jutsu. Should you choose to accept know if in the event you are revealed and captured Kiri never officially sent you. You were selected because you are not yet widely known. If you would choose to accept this task you leave tomorrow morning. These documents are your travel papers."

With that he stopped carving on the rock as it seemed to glow like there was a fire lit under it. Glowing with heat before mist leaked out of it. Sero would hold out his hand as a pair of documents were placed in his hand. One for Miyu and the other for Fuyuko. Their last name was a simple Chun. Daughters of Wuy Chun. A clothing retail merchant. Idly he would hold out both sets of paper in one hand. Waiting and watching to see which of them would take it if either. Waiting to see a sign of weakness or strength.

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
Miyu tilted her head slightly to the side as she observed the creature before her. Human before her. While it was incredibly tempting to view them, humans, as nothing more than slightly intelligent food, she did very much want to make her father proud and so eating those he had chosen for an important task did not seem to her to be the way to secure his pride in her. She did find the girls fear fascinating however, and was intrigued as to its source. Of course standing this close to her father she could feel the pressure of a predator nearby, it had not taken her long to assess where the feeling originated from. Being a predator herself it was something instinctual to recognize other sources of power and either kill them, or yield as was required. She had not before meeting her father had any inkling that a human could hold so much power though. Mama could of course, but she was Mama, so it was not surprising in the least.

She had just been about to point out to the young girl in front of her that her question was in fact redundant, when Sero spoke up.

"Indeed. As young Miyu has already revealed the two of you are being requested to travel to find a Jounin of our village in Kumo. Your would be sensei and return him to me."

Miyu felt the pressing in of danger as her father circled them both before leaning against a portion of the mostly destroyed bridge. It was positively hair-raising, the feeling of being hunted. And she both loved and hated it. In some ways it gave her motivation, fueled her own blood lust, and in others it was maddening as she had to fight to transform back into her true form. The form she felt safe in. She held her hands loosely folded together in front of her, resting them delicately against the heavy and dark silk of her gown as she attended to her father’s words.

"However Kiri is currently on poor relations with Kumo. We can't request access for you nor force you within the borders officially. So I have taken steps to provide you with identities should you choose to go as the daughters of a merchant there to stake out new store locations. Under no circumstances are you to reveal your shinobi status before meeting your objective. You are to find one Uchiha Maigo and inform him Captain Osada Sero has requested his return home immediately. Leaving your weapons and headband here and using no jutsu. Should you choose to accept know if in the event you are revealed and captured Kiri never officially sent you. You were selected because you are not yet widely known. If you would choose to accept this task you leave tomorrow morning. These documents are your travel papers."

Seeing the papers held out, she would reach forward and take them from Sero’s pale hand. She would look at them with one pale white eyebrow raised, satisfied that they were something she cared not for at all; she would hand them over to Fuyuko, not bothering to look at the girl as she did so. She had no practical use for papers, and was not even sure they would survive her transformation were she to place them on her current person. Miyu would slowly blink her eyes as she looked up at her father, a subtle show of animalistic respect to one more dominant. And clearing her throat gently she would speak, the barest hint of a threat present in her voice.

“I gladly accept this mission, despite its potential danger. I sincerely doubt that anyone will give us any trouble, as you say, we are unknown and so it seems reasonable that no one would think to question us too deeply. However, if we are caught and captured, rest assured that as for my part, we were not sent here from or by Kiri. One way or another, I will ensure this task goes without implicating you or Kiri, whether it is successful or not, Father.”

She curtsied politely as she finished her words, glancing briefly towards the girl at her side, a steely glint in her sea blue eyes. She wondered if she should perhaps be more clear as to her intentions. However she expected she would have plenty of time to inform the girl how far she was willing to go to protect her father, and Kiri.

755/3806

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
The unease that Fuyuko had been feeling was far from subsiding. It didn’t make things better for her with the tall pale man circling around her. It made her feel like she was being hunted down by a pack of wolves, just waiting for you to make a mistake and strike you down in an instant. There was however no way out of it, she would just need to endure the feeling, or better said, she must endure it. Whilst doing her best to cope with the feelings the man had begun to explain the mission to the two of them.

It turned out the task that was given her was nothing like she had expected. She wasn’t getting assigned to a team. Well technically she was being put on a team, but it wasn’t your typical 3 genin accompanied by a jounin. Instead she was assigned to pair up with another genin and go on a somewhat suicidal mission within ‘enemy’ territories. However the reasoning the man gave them for the mission made her somewhat cautious. Were there more reasons for the two of them being chosen or was it truly simply because they were unknown and expandable?

Once he had finished explaining the details he held out two pieces of  paper, the traveling documents for the two of them. Without hesitation Miyu had reached out to grab them both and immediately started passing on the other towards Fuyuko. Fuyuko however wasn’t as determined yet to instantly pick up the paper and accept the mission. She still had a lot of things left to do in life and going on this mission could quite possibly mean that she wouldn’t be able to do any of those things. However this is part of the shinobi life, it was a normal almost daily thing to put your life on the line. On top of that, if she didn’t accept here, someone else would potentially be scouted out to partake in this mission. That person could also be ‘less qualified’ than she was, although is that really possible at her level?

So in the end she grabbed onto the piece of paper that was being handed to her whilst listening to the answer that Miyu was giving. Unlike herself, Miyu seemed determined and not afraid. Willing to go to any lengths to make sure the mission will succeed one way or another. Fuyuko wondered how Miyu could remain so calm in the presence of this man. It made her wonder what kind of relationship was going on between them. And the question would quickly be answered once she finished her reply with the word ‘father’. Fuyuko was perplexed and her face probably reflected it quite clearly. She tried to hide it quickly thereafter as it could be deemed impolite or something along those lines. However she was quite certain that at least the man had seen her facial expression.

Nonetheless by this point she still hadn’t given the pale man a proper answer. “Just like Miyu, I will accept the task that was given to me and fulfill it to the best of my capabilities.” Despite her being given an option, to her it felt like an illusion. Taking on the mission was the only viable option for her, because the pale man was definitely not someone she wanted cross paths with. As for the two of them being related would be something she could find out later on when she didn’t constantly feel like she could die at any second.

wc 597
twc 1632

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would seem to slowly turn his gaze over Miyu as he took in her form. This facade she put on for man so they might not be frightened by her. The birth of a child of his, as if fate would not make them something man found monstrous. She was so much like him. No wealth, no ruin no silver no gold would satisfy her. Only the death of her enemies was befitting her tastes. Though still a young-ling she was to become like him. He could already sense that cold dream for warm blood on her fingers. He could see the lack of mercy in her eyes, those eyes he knew to hide the truth. She was a thing that death understood to be its tool. She would bring him lots of souls for the harvest. Of course her acceptance of the mission made a thin smile play on his lips. He didn't doubt her for a moment. A child of his could infiltrate as needed he was certain. None within those mountains had any way of knowing what manner of creature was coming to haunt their streets. Maigo was his primary concern though . No matter her lineage if he was not interested in ever returning she would be in danger.

The other girl next to him spoke as well. His attention snapping to her as he tilted his head. The devil before her asking a favor and she would pledge to do it? She hadn't the connection to him that Miyu did. Perhaps she sought power? Or maybe she just wished to flee him and this place and never return. He of course couldn't leave this task to Miyu alone. Perhaps there was some level of insurance to be had. Yes it certainly wouldn't do if she went to anyone with his plan. His desires so easily foiled. Still he would step back and paint a thin and empty smile on his pale lips. His hand placing on Miyu's shoulder as he passed her. Like some dark, ancient thing returning to the misty woods.

"Very well....you leave in the morning....Miyu, Do accompany her and get to know each other. It will be important as a learning experience for both of you to know each others habits before traveling. Spend the night with her if you would."

With that his hand released and he turned. Slowly almost floating down into the long mist as he would take silent steps and only once his form was just within sight would he glance around him. There was little else to be said but there was one thing they should know. The price of failure was far greater than their lives. Far greater than more tense relations with Kumo. He would glance over his shoulder with one dead grey eye taking them in as he spoke in a gravely tone. "Do keep in mind to try and remain safe of course. It would be a pity if I had to come and collect you. For anyone in Kumo whom would be so unwise as to stand in my path. Sleep well" With that he would turn and seem to fade into the mist once more. That feeling of a grand beast hung in the air still but fading away with him. Something about his words no longer seemed a bluff. He spoke truth when he suggested he would slay all of Kumo to collect them.

Exit thread

the two of you should do a thread together before the travel thread about the night before. Give Maigo time to return maybe.

S-1 ~> S-2, 2000/2000 Strength
S-1 ~> S-2, 2000/2000 Endurance

53 words left over

Last edited by Sero on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Miyu

Miyu

D-rank
Miyu was surprised at Fuyuko’s answer, so readily given. While she didn’t doubt that the girl was afraid, she found it curious that there was no alternative given, or bargaining on her part. It was one thing for her to say yes to her father’s request, she held him in the highest regard and would do literally anything to prove her loyalty. But her father seemed not to know Fuyuko, so what loyalty or debt could lie there? It was strange to her, and at the same time reassuring, that her father was able to so easily inspire acquiescence. It flickered through her mind for a moment that perhaps the girl standing with them was intent on betraying their interests, and that thought stoked the flames of her loyalty all the more. If that were true, she would be watching for it and would end any conspiracy before it had the opportunity to reach a lethal conclusion. For anyone but the girl.

Her father’s hand on her shoulder quieted the silent rage that was building at imagined and hypothetical future slights and she turned her face up towards him. As he suggested that she get to know Fuyuko a smile spread across her face, perhaps he had thought of it as well? Or more likely he wanted her to practice appearing human, and someone that looked to be around her ‘human’ age was a good unknowing tutor. The thought did not pose much in terms of enjoyment for her, save for the potential of being more adapted to human life, and therefore being an even greater asset to Sero. She nodded once and would look towards Fuyuko before speaking genially. “Of course father, I think that is an excellent idea. Seeing as we will be spending so much time together it would do well for us to become better acquainted in a place where we are more comfortable. Before any real hardships begin. I’m sure Fuyuko wouldn’t mind the company.” Her statement was made without consulting the girl, and she knew that she wouldn’t refuse. At least not with Sero present. She had proven that already.

As Sero turned to go, she felt awash with feelings of . . . abandonment. She had very much wanted to spend more time with her father, however it seemed that was not to be. Her heart ached as she watched him walk away, still confused about the human emotions that were strongly overtaking her. Outwardly she was still the picture of noble perfection, back straight and hands folded, a gentle and respectful smile on her delicate face. She knew enough about her father to understand that how one carried themselves was just as important as the actions one took.

"Do keep in mind to try and remain safe of course. It would be a pity if I had to come and collect you. For anyone in Kumo whom would be so unwise as to stand in my path. Sleep well"

His final sentiment was very clearly a threat. Not to either of them she thought, but to all of Kumo. It made some of the emptiness fade from her as she considered the lengths her father would go to retrieve her. If she failed. Turning to face her new travelling companion she would gesture in the general direction of the Village proper. “Since I do not know where you live, perhaps you would like to lead the way? We can discuss any arrangements that need be made over the course of the evening. I am looking forward to learning about you, Fuyuko.” She wasn’t sure if the girl in front of her would be happy to spend time with her, if she knew what she really was. There was a reason she wore this illusion after all, as her father had pointed out, her true form was likely to make most humans that she met quite uncomfortable. Which was a shame, the form she currently wore was so. . . fragile. While what she truly was, she believed to be was terrifyingly beautiful, just like her mother. It was no matter though, she had her instructions and she would follow them to the letter. And with another demure smile she would follow after the girl and into her new life. Her human life.

{Exit Thread}

723/4529

Stat Training

STR: D-0 > D-3 - 1175wc + 150 ryo
SPD: D-0 > D-2 - 725wc + 75 ryo
END: D-0 > D-2 - 725wc + 75 ryo
PER: D-0 > D-2 - 725wc + 75 ryo
REA: D-0 > D-3 - 1175wc + 150 ryo

Totals: 4525wc + 525 ryo

4 words discarded

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
The man looked straight at Fuyuko whilst she was giving her reply. His empty eyes gazing straight through her and sending another chill down her spine. Was he questioning her motives? It was all so hard to tell with that empty canvas of a face he portrayed. But he seemed pleased with her reply which gave her a slight feeling of relief. It would seem he was going to be merciful to her, at least for now.

Fuyuko was slightly surprised by the fast departure time. She had expected at least a little bit more time to get acquainted with her fellow kiri-nin. But then again, if they didn't know much about each other, there wouldn't be anything to spill as well right? This idea got somewhat shut down however by the proposed idea of the man followed up by the quick reply of his daughter. The idea of them being family still seemed rather strange for her. Fuyuko didn't think of the tall man as a family person, it just goes to prove you can't just judge someone by their appearance. Which made her wonder if Miyu was just putting up a facade as well, was she also hiding things about herself? Maybe she'd be able to find out while they were getting to know each other. "No I don't mind at all, it would be my pleasure to have you accompany me."

As the man slowly began moving away from the pair she was finally able to calm down. Letting out a somewhat loud sigh of relief, she had survived the encounter. She looked up as the man turned around once more. Fuyuko tensed up quickly afraid he was going to do something to her. He did speak words of a threat, but not to her. Those words were meant for anyone that would harm them? Well at least anyone that would harm Miyu. He turned around once more and faded of into the distance with Fuyuko once more letting out a sigh of relief. With the man out of sight Miyu spoke to her once more in a very logical way. "Ah yes, of course follow me. I'm looking forawrd to learning about you as well Miyu."

[Exit Thread]

wc 378
twc 2010

Training Lightning Release: Spider web - 1000 wc + 150 ryo
Training Lightning Release: Electric net - 1000 wc + 150 ryo

discard 10 wc

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.