You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stumbling Upon a Mountain (Zu|Social) Empty Stumbling Upon a Mountain (Zu|Social) Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 pm

Rokumaru

Rokumaru

D-rank
The streets of Suna tended to be teeming with  citizens, merchants and shinobi during all hours of the day, but as the sun began to set and the people began to make their way home, crowds thinning out  slowly as the desert heat began to slip into a desert chill. That suited Roku just fine; he enjoyed walking aimlessly across the cobblestone streets during these hours of dwindling traffic. There was a distinct comfort he found in the searing heat slowly dropping to a frigid temperature, when he could be social towards whoever he came across as they scurried home from a long day of work.

Not that Rokumaru ever had to work hard. One of his favorite aspects of being a member of the village's military force was, besides being pretty powerful and respected, it allowed him to work at his leisure during times of peace. He had been a Genin for a few years now solely due to how little work he actually did; of course he took a D or C-Ranked mission on odd occasions, or worked at a bit of training, but the rest of his time had been spent lounging around in comfort and sleeping well into the day. He had one of the most comfortable lives someone in Suna could have as his clan gave him a considerable boost to his shinobi abilities as well as provided a meager stipend to keep him housed. Any ryo he made was his to keep, more than enough left over after buying necessities to save up. In the past year his sleep scheduled flipped towards sleeping in to the evening and staying up nights, as he could do his business in the village without the stifling heat or large crowds.

It was the sort of lifestyle he led that allowed him to spend days at a time doing nothing at all, and he was truly blessed for it. Without a squad he could set his own schedule of training and missions, which he was very relaxed about even if it hindered his overall progress. But there was only so much he could do as a Genin; higher ranked missions were restricted, as were the means to learn higher ranked abilities. Hopefully he would be eligible to rank up within the next year or so. As much as he enjoyed the lax life he led, he wanted the respect and power even a measly Chuunin could hold.

His wandering led Roku away from the residential district of Suna into the fringes of the financial district where the occasional shop or restaurant were mixed among the housing units. A sizable section of the village was marred with the symptoms of poverty, foreclosed buildings and grimy streets, but most of the districts of Suna were able to stay afloat in relative prosperity and avoid such poverty. It was also much safer to wander around here at night than in the slums; Roku made that mistake in the middle of the day before, and it nearly cost him a few liters of blood.

Now the sun had dipped well below a distant dune shrouding the Land of Wind in a chilling night, the eponymous winds kicking up sandstorms outside the village. A few minutes of slow meandering led Roku to a street holding a rather humble ramen shop that stayed open well into the night and the delicious smell made the redhead's stomach begin to hunger. He had only woken up a few hours prior, so breakfast was long overdue and he could think of nothing better than a bit of those cooked noodles and broth for a quick bite. Ah, but first he had to answer the call of nature.

A side alley ran behind the line of buildings where the ramen shop was located, holding dumpsters and back entrances both used by the businesses. This is where Roku took a turn down as he searched for a private place to empty his bladder quickly. Sure, it was in ill-taste to do such business in public, but the streets were almost deserted and the sandy alley would soak up the offending matter instantly. Roku nonchalantly stepped down the alley as he scanned for people, mostly shopkeepers as this side of town held few vagrants. Most of the unfortunate settled themselves in the poverty-stricken parts of town and descended into the criminal underworld, but a few could sometimes be found scratching out a living here where it was safer.

It was here, down this strip of alley, that Roku stumbled upon someone he hadn't expected.

WC: 770

Zu

Zu

D-rank
The nights before have been rather chilly, the unforgiving heat of the desert seemed to vanish during the night. Then again, it could be the fact Zu was trying to sleep soon. During these long and cold nights he has just used his jacket to keep warmth within as long as he could. He managed to finally at least get a blanket with the money he has made from missions. It was hard with the money he has made while trying to survive. Handy work was about all he could manage to make meals when his body demanded so. Even though due to his demeanor, most people were put off thinking he was nothing but trouble. How could he help that... Sometimes he too felt like he was nothing but that. Just as he was about to sleep or try to at least, a familiar figure seemed to enter his eyes. At a brief moment, his eyes could not identify this person properly, it was almost as if his memories were hazy as of late. After a quick blink he realized who it was.

During his travels to Sunagakure, his journey proved to be more lethal than expected. Few people came to his aid, Rokumaru was the intial, followed by Syekren, an Uchiha that had recently helped him train and show him skills, and finally an unknown person that he did not remember hearing a name for. Zu stood up quickly, brushing some dust off of his pants and looked quite embarrassed. Though, pride is not a large sin with Zu. He knew his life, and only from rock bottom did he feel like he could make it to the light. Even though the hole was deeper than his worries. With a smile and a slightly awkward laugh, he scratched his head and spoke in a friendly tone, "Rokumaru, Right?
How have you been, doing well I hope. I hate that you happened to see me like this... haha... I have been doing well. At least better than last time we met."

His demeanor gave no hint of his inner rage. It was almost like seeing a friendly face calmed him, even though his anxiety shot through the roof. For someone that he considered a friend to see him like this was quite disheartening. He gave a little sigh before speaking again, "Do not mind where I am now, please do not think bad.
Just doing the best I can out here, however, it is getting late and I do not think it is best to be around here during night time. I would advise that you should head back."

He was worried about this person, even though he felt like Rokumaru was stronger than he was and it was indeed Zu that should worry. During some of the nights, he too was ambushed by people. Though the memory of that incident was a little fuzzy, he just remembered them attacking him when he swore to them he had nothing. They thought he was lying and attempted to mug him with flurries of hits. After that, nothing came to mind. It was in his nature to want to help others, due to his past. Even though he was less knowledgeable of the shinobi lifestyle, he wanted Rokumaru to not come into harm. If an incident like that happened, Zu did not know how he would react...

WC:566

3Stumbling Upon a Mountain (Zu|Social) Empty Re: Stumbling Upon a Mountain (Zu|Social) Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Rokumaru

Rokumaru

D-rank
Upon the first impression Roku did not recognize the massive figure that lay on the ground, swathed in a big blanket. His first thought was that he stumbled into the territory of a massive vagrant and was about to be robbed, but the pure size of the man as he looked up and his short black hair sparked realization in his mind. "Zu?," he whispered out just to confirm his suspicions.

The massive foreigner laughed a bit and scratched his head, and greeted Roku by confirming the redhead's name to himself. Even after being interrupted trying to sleep the giant retained his polite manner, asking the Suna-nin how he had been since they last met, and expressed a bit of embarrassment about being seen living on the streets. Zu however did mention he was in much better shape than the last time the two had crossed paths, and Roku had to grin and agree with that sentiment.

"Last time we met, you were baking to death in the desert. I'm certainly glad to see you made it to Suna." Really, he was just glad to see Zu had made it into the relative comfort of civilization. The pale redhead felt a bit guilty he had neglected to search after more information about the man's clan after he said he would; the name escaped him however, so he decided to shove the thought from his mind.

Zu let out a bit of a sigh and visibly deflated, a stark contrast to his previous good humor about his situation. The muscled mountain was obviously very ashamed about being forced to live in such poor conditions and asked Roku not to let it color his judgment of the man, which Roku had no plan of doing. Then, when he realized how late it was getting at night, Zu advised the young teen that it wasn't safe in these parts during the night, and for his safety he should move along on his business. Roku, just as much a trained shinobi as he was a brash and naive young teen, disregarded his warning entirely with a chuckle and a shake of his head.

He tucked his hands into his jacket pockets and looked around the alley, before turning back to the prone Zu before him. "You are a stranger in a foreign land, Zu, anyone could end up in your position. If you're still out here a year from now, then I'll start casting my judgement down on you." If Roku had been in the same position, his pride would have begun to eat away at his self worth. If this man was feeling the same way then Roku would have no part in making him feel worse about things.

After Roku's response the two fell into a quiet, only the sound of distant wolves braying at the rising moon piercing the silent shroud of night. Roku watched Zu for a long moment as he regarded the man, and many things painted on his face jumped out to him: a slight happiness to see a familiar face, but something else that soured it. Was it concern for a young man he cared about, out and about in dangerous territory late at night? Or was there something deeper in his mind that bothered him?

Rokumaru felt a bit guilty about interrupting his acquaintance while he was trying to sleep, and guilty about exposing his humble situation, but he was already here and the moment was at hand. There was really no way for Roku to find the man even despite his gargantuan size; he had no registered address nor was registered among the Suna-nin ranks, and Roku did not have access to the registry of wanderers and rōnin. Even if he did, there was little for Roku to use to find the man, he only stumbled upon him tonight by random chance. A fear that he wouldn't see Zu again for another few weeks kept Roku lingering for longer than was polite.

There was just some sort of tenseness in the man that bothered the boy. As far as Roku knew he hadn't done anything to insult this foreigner, if anything the massive man should have been excited to have him around. But it seemed like he was distancing himself from the redhead, disguising it beneath the veil of being concerned for his safety. It made Roku wonder, and having his curiosity piqued turned the Genin into an irritation.

Realizing he had been staring at Zu for several moments Roku was about to give out a farewell and leave, but he had to vocalize what was bugging him. Giving another glance around them to confirm it was just the two of them around, he turned back to his counterpart. "Forgive me if this seems too presumptuous, Zu. But you seem like there's something bothering you. " Roku trailed off, before continuing. "You seemed tense when we had first met, in the desert, but I figured that was from exhaustion and seeing so many unfamiliar faces. But even now there's something that makes you uncomfortable. And I don't mean the stress that comes with being alone in a foreign land."

As he said it Roku realized it wasn't really something he should dig into, if the man even did have something troubling him. Maybe he was just uncomfortable around others? Feeling he had overstepped his place, Roku quickly made to amend that. "Ah, nevermind. I should not have pried into your business." He waited to see what Zu had to say. If the man wished for him to leave, he would do so amicably, just happy he got to see an unexpected face.

Instead he quickly asked something he had been thinking about in the weeks since they had met. "Actually I had been hoping we would run into each other. Would you ever be interested in sparring or training with me in the future?" He was only assuming Zu had any interest or experience in the shinobi lifestyle, but most individuals did not grow to completely tower over others like this outsider did. And there were few that could deny that Zu was intimidating with such raw strength. "You seem like a capable opponent, especially in close-combat. I would like the experience of facing someone of your stature in a safe spar."

WC: 770+1071=1841

Zu

Zu

D-rank
The sun made it's exit and dissapeared into the skyline while Zu was in high spirits as he ran into Rokumaru. Perhaps the situation was not ideal, but none the less he was in a joyful mood. Zu had no one in his life, but the encounters he has made since coming onto Sungakure territory. Each encounter was memorable for him, a reason for him to believe in not only others but also himself. As the red headed guy uttered the words of casting judgement on him in a years time, he wondered what Rokumaru meant. Does he plan to kill then... Haha... Perhaps that is not a bad idea to do just that., he thought at the notion of it. A howl was heard in the background as is usual towards the rising moon. On this night to be, the moon shone with magnificent beauty. It was a full moon that illuminated much of the surroundings. Rokumaru posed questions about him which slightly heightened his heart rate and anxiety. How much could he really tell people without them thinking he is a monster. Zu did not want to lose Rokumaru as a friend, and so he would have to formulate a reply that held truth in his lies, "I am just adjusting to the new life I have been given. I appreciate the concern Rokumaru, but I will be fine.
I promise. I think it is mostly due to not improving my skills fast enough. I have been slacking I suppose on training."

He gave a smile as the words left his mouth. Rokumaru felt a little bad about trying to delve into his personal issues and apologized by which Zu would just hold his hand up and brush it off with a shake of his head. True, his question was a bit unnerving, but he would not be polite to him. Rokumaru was indeed part of the fact he was even here. With how bad things may look, death is the existence of nothingness. The thought on that kind of feeling was far worse than where he was living currently. Rokumaru spoke about sparring in the future, and Zu crossed his arms while shifting the weight of his body from one leg to the other as if thinking about it intently. Is it really alright for me to spar with him, he does not look like a push over, but what if something bad happens. Hmmmm then again I do need more combat practice and knowledge. At the very least, I would have enhanced our friendship, and would seem rude to decline His mind raced over many possible outcomes to this offer before he could really reply with an honest answer. Ultimately, he would have to accept due to his lack of knowledge and social interactions weighing down on him. Zu spoke in a somewhat excited tone for this offer,"I would actually enjoy that offer of sparring. I have never been in a friendly spar, and perhaps we both could learn a lot on it right? My knowledge on combat and the styles of fighting are low, so I look forward to things like this."

Zu smiled a bit as the idea was a bit haunting. Should he lose control a lot of bad things could happen. That would be something that he would have to avoid at all costs, even if that means losing on purpose to avoid such a thing. Deep down he was in conflicting thoughts of the situation between the good and bad parts. He tried not to think of such things that mainly concerned him, speaking in a friendly tone he spoke to Rokumaru,
"How about you though man? Have you been doing well since last time? I did not expect to see someone this deep in the slums that I would actually know. It might be out of place since I have no authority here but... What were you doing in these parts? This is not really a place that people come to for sight seeing. Regardless it is good to see you alive and well."

It was a general concern because why would anyone want to come down these parts knowingly. That one fact alone was why he enjoyed it this deep in the slums because out here he was not bothered much other than by people who were once addicts trying to get money from him. If only they knew how poor he was, then even they would not have bothered Zu... and Zu would not have repressed memories. Oh how fragile some memories were and how the mind tries to protect itself. Zu was still worried for Rokumaru, a general concern that he could not help. He did not have many to say he had a friendship with, but the ones he did he would try his best to keep them. While most of his body was in a state of anxiety, he tried to play it cool as to not have Rokumaru question him further. The questions, even he could not answer sometimes. A part of him wanted his past and his problems gone, but he was still too stuck on such things. The ever apparent problem of his... moments of rage... and trying to come into terms of who he is and what is purpose was, was becoming too much for poor Zu sometimes. It was nice for him to see a friendly familiar face, instead of strangers that often shunned him as a disease. He knew one day, maybe he could make at least this village proud of his existence instead of angry.  Zu ideally just wanted to make people accept him however hard that proved to be. Till then all he could do was train his body and get practice in combat before he is in such situations. Zu unrolled his sleeves to cover his arms for a little warmth during Rokumaru's reply to his own questions whatever it may be. This shinobi did not look as closed off from the world as Zu did, and so he hoped the person could enlighten him on why he was here of all places. Zu would have to learn more about Sunagakure if he really plans to help it one day. Rokumaru could be that key to such knowledge and a leverage one day should he want to join forces with the village. Though his true loyalty would not be for a village, but instead towards the people that impacted his life. How could he care about something as a whole without proper reason. Even though the village has been a pleasant time despite his anxiety, it was only that way because of some of the people not all of them. Some people were rude, conniving, and just purely chaotic. He had met a few have already been so selfish that it astounded him. Coming from nothing into even a little something made him appreciate what he had and not squander it. Most of his recent financial troubles came from helping people, however small that may be. Zu did not understand many people, but he had to talk to more if he hoped he could. Perhaps then he could find some sort of peace of mind, perhaps....

WC:1213
Total:1779

Rokumaru

Rokumaru

D-rank
Zu dismissed Rokumaru's concerns as just a part of adjusting to life in Suna, which the redhead accepted with a nod but apologized for asking anyway. Thankfully the much larger man wasn't bothered by his questions and waved them away. It was hard to put himself in Zu's situation simply because it was so alien to him; being away from home, alone. Roku couldn't help feeling concerned for this foreigner, but Zu was a grown man and could look after himself.

The pale Suna-nin asked for the opportunity to spar with this outsider, only assuming Zu had any interest in such activities, but the muscled mountain seemed somewhat eager to do so. It would be Zu's first spar as well as Roku's, though the redhead wouldn't admit to that, so it had the potential to be mutually beneficial and a learning experience for both of them. It would certainly give Roku the chance to face a close-range opponent and test his current skills all at once. He replied to Zu's acceptance with an "Excellent".

Zu asked how Roku was since they had met last, which was only polite. But the sincerity Zu had asked with made the questions seem so very genuine, that he really was glad to see Roku. It was an endearing aspect that contrasted harshly with his brutish appearance. Rokumaru had been doing exceptionally well these past few weeks, honing his abilities and staying relaxed while doing so. "I cannot complain, things could be worse. I have enough free time to wander about the village on occasion, that's what lead me here."

Roku looked up into the sky to see the moon slowly rising to its zenith, and decided he had better be on his way. He turned back to Zu, tucking his hands into his pockets and smiling. "I'm glad our paths crossed, Zu. I should be getting on my way." As he turned away to make his way  further down the alley, he added, "I'm looking forward to our spar."

With that said Roku bid a farewell to his outcast friend and meandered away from the man slowly, enjoying the night air cooling on his skin.

WC: 374+1841=2215
Thread Exit~

Training 2215/1800:

Zu

Zu

D-rank
Rokumaru left about as quickly as he had arrived. Just like that his friend, one of the few, left him with words of looking forward to their spar and happy tidings. Zu gave a half smile as the shinobi left. Zu did not really reply with anything other than a nod and wave. It was disheartening that not only Rokumaru stumbled across him like this, but also left so quickly. Zu was lost in thought has he figured Rokumaru was ashamed almost despite his friendly tone. When Rokumaru was out of distance, Zu gave a long sigh as he leaned his back onto the wall he usually rested on. His heart hammered and his breaths were hastened. It was unlike Zu for him to spar, he had never done it. A deep kind of fear developed over him as he thought about how the spar could or would go. His mind would flash back through his previous rage moments of his slaughters. The memories were hazy in thought but the people... All had Rokumaru's face. The flashes were momentary and Zu placed one hand on his head and breathed deep. In a moment, he was back to thinking with his head on right. The sudden rush of anxiety broke through him for just a moment. Revealing all that he could be capable of if he just let go. That bottling up of anxiety and small encounters that seemed negative due to his confidence, caused a momentary lapse in self awareness. That was the cause of his flashes but he wondered why every slaughtered body was Rokumaru. Was his subconscious trying to warn him to be careful during this spar with Rokumaru. Zu did not want to hurt him, and so he thought it was almost a warning from the gods. In fact, deep down, it was his rage side that reduced mentality to mere chaos. Zu dragged his heavy body to the ground and covered his self with his head on a slightly cushioned pillow using clothes. He would try his hardest not to hurt Rokumaru, someone he considered as a friend. The anxiety of their most recent greeting however, made him question if he insulted Rokumaru. For now, his mind would try not to dwell on such things. Sleep, yes... That was what was needed.

[Exit]

WC:387
Total:2166

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.