You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
It was a good enough idea; a way for him to meet some of his ninja, and get to know some of the Kiri ninja floating around. Really; the most powerful water using ninja in the area offering free lessons? A Kage no less? Yeah; this was gunna be popular. He'd cleared out the old harbor for their usage; easy enough given the only vessels that moored there where smaller fishing boats and private owners. It was little more then a marina anymore; with the deep and larger new harbor they'd built a dozen years back in full operation.

It was also secluded and offered PLENTY of open space for them to work; as well as enough water to go around. Really; can't go wrong with the harbor. If anything; the local shops would thank him; influx of tourists for the day. They'd get a nice boom; Ninja gotta eat, and so do the crowds that come to watch them train. And Kenta had promised a bit of a show for the end of the day, so it might just end up being a big boost to the district.

So now he waited for the groups of ninja to appear; sitting on the top of one of the ancient lamp poles that lined the water's edge; old style gas and oil lamps, ancient even in the heyday of the old harbor a century before. The locals loved them, and so long as they maintained them, the Kage's had allowed them to stay. Kenta liked them really; so he was fine with the arraignment.

Akimitsu Nekonote

Akimitsu Nekonote

D-rank
Akimitsu stepped outside his house, and not even 3 minutes later, he already heard about the Hokage willing to train water. Normally, Akimitsu might have just gone for the show. Or ignored it totally. For once though, Aki felt like luck was on his side. He had been meaning to train his water element for a new jutsu he wanted to learn. He couldn't do that at his rank of water element though. So he took off towards the crowd.

Soon enough, he found himself heading to what looked to be a harbor. It looked very... old. Yet new at the same time. It was rather strange if you thought about it. He felt his eyes drift to the Hokage who was on top of the lamp post. Aki felt a sense of intimidation. It was well felt though. I mean this was the Hokage. A seriously powerful ninja.

While thinking about the Hokage, he realized that this was the first time he'd even seen the Hokage. Some how he thought that he would look different. Maybe more menacing? At first glance, he might just be a jounin or something. He figured that the peaceful look could quickly go to one of death or murder if pushed even a little bit. Akimitsu wasn't eager to press that button.

"This would be the place to train... correct?"

(Word count: 226/2000 [So. Far. AWAY] )

Marici

Marici

S-rank
More training? Yes indeed. Amaya had been putting on some healthy weight recently, given her new need for actual eating habits. She'd been so much time at the ramen stands that they knew her by name, and her preferences by this point. If anything all this food eating and weight gaining made her look less like an albino corpse, and well; more just like an albino. When she'd gotten wind that the Hokage was giving out free lessons? Well, she wasn't about to pass that up. She had a lot on her plate already, but what was one more? She was good at prioritizing, so she was sure she'd be able to juggle it all well enough.

She had heard that the Hokage was offering free training and lessons in water. That was something she wasn't about to miss. She had several jutsu in mind that required the element, both helpful and otherwise, and she wasn't about to pass this opportunity up. She also was going to make sure she was doing what she needed for her other training as well. So, before even attempting to step out of the house she made sure she ate a healthy breakfast: some bacon, eggs, a banana, and some fresh strawberries. All downed with a glass of water. Mmm. Mmm. Good. She felt energized now, compared to her old self when she ate maybe three times a week.

So, whistling a merry little tune she'd left her house that morning; long white hair wrapped in a braided bun to keep it free and out of her way - the idea of cutting some of its length had popped into her head several times over the past while but she just hadn't been able to bring herself to actually do it. Her clothing consisted of a black pair of capri like shorts that went just below her knees, a black short sleeved top, and her usual open toed sandals. Given what they might be doing, she wasn't about to dress in her usual white, knowing it made things awfully see-through. She wasn't about to give some random stranger a peep show, after all.

She ran her way to the old harbor, slowing as her feet hit sand. Reddish gaze took in the sight of Kenta sitting on the pole and she couldn't help but grin. This was going to be awfully exciting, of that she was sure. Maybe even a little fun, too. She stopped her walking when nearby the pole Kenta was perched on, glancing around to see who else might have arrived already. She bounced slightly on the balls of her feet, hardly containing her excitement to get started. She hoped they would soon.

Word Count: 452/3,000

Last edited by Amaya Uchiha on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited post, added word count. :3)

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
Oh, people. Sweet. He could get started; two was better then zero; ad more would filter in as the day wore on. Or not; he didn't much care either way. Let's see... Amaya was here. This made him happy; he liked the Uchiha, quiet a bit actually, and it would be good to have some fun with someone that; contrary to her somewhat frail appearance; could handle his rather... insane training methods. She'd make things fu-... wait; wasn't she Katon and Raito-... oh. Well then; he'd was okay with this. If she was here to try and learn to use Suiton at all... that was kind of nice thought. He'd only expected people that already used the element to come and learn, not someone insane enough to try and learn it. But hey, Uchiha. They lived on psychosis.

The young boy... he smelled... cat. A Nekonote? Maybe. Or just a kid that owned a cat; he wouldn't know until he had his name. Not a bad looking kid either; seemed healthy enough and all that. One of the newer Chuunin, if he recognized the slight kick in the boy's step; as well as the new cloth for his headband. Good, good; must be ready to start working his way up; initiative was a trait the Inuzuka liked. "Indeed, child. Your name, so I have something to call you but kid or boy?" Might as well start polite enough, that'd likely go out the window soon enough.

He waited a bit for the kid to talk before turning to Amaya; his natural sarcastic smirk loosing the sarcasm and gaining a serious amount of amusement instead. "So, Amaya Uchiha, we meet again. You come to watch, or to learn, my dear?"

Daisuke Niidashi

Daisuke Niidashi

D-rank
The white haired girl looked somewhat familiar. He wasn't able to place her though. You would think you could remember someone with hair like that. Aki wasn't the remembering type though.

He looked to the Hokage and spoke once more. "Akimitsu Nekonote." IFrom the enhanced smell the Hokage had, he might have already guessed that Aki had something to do with cats. Akimitsu didn't like dogs very much, but he'd have to deal with it. No good in causing bad blood with the hokage right?

Then he heard the girls name. Amaya Uchiha? Wasn't that his squad leader or something? As far as Aki remembered, they hadn't had a meeting yet. So this was the first time actually seeing her. Interesting.

He then waited for the next response, whoever it would be from.

(Word count: 359/2000)

(Oh holy Jesus I'm an idiot! This was supposed to be for Akimitsu... >.<;)

Last edited by Daisuke Niidashi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marici

Marici

S-rank
Amaya looked towards the one who had introduced himself as Akimitsu. That name... why did it sound familiar? Perhaps one of the people from her squad? That never showed up. Yup, that had to be it. She knew their names, but not their appearances, least not any of the newer people, so for now it would simple be a guessing game. Ah well, a good deal of great things had come from her leaving and going to the river to meditate after being enraged over the squad meeting becoming a failure. So, she wasn't about to complain, or tell anyone off as it were. Besides, waste of time given that they were both here now. Maybe it would end up giving her some insight on how he learned, be helpful later on. Besides, it was getting her closer to another goal she had set up for herself, so she wasn't about to ruin it.

Therefore she turned her reddish gaze back to Kenta, grinning a bit; which of course did nothing more for her appearance then make her slightly more evil looking then her albino traits normally did. "To learn, actually. Suiton's interested me for a while, actually. Besides, something about water is calming, focusing." She shrugged lightly. "It's worth a shot." She looked around again, at that point, taking in the fact that besides herself only one other person had shown. Odd; she'd expected people to flock to the idea of the Hokage offering up free training. 'Either word didn't get out as well as I thought it did, people are completely scared too shitless of Kenta to come here, or people aren't as interested in Suiton as I thought they'd be...I'm thinking it's the second.', came her mental musings, causing a rather twisted smile to form on her face. "Besides, lets just say I think it will help me in the long run, I've got a lot of ideas I have been working on recently." At least, if everything went according to her plan those ideas were going to come to terms and be doable.

She was practically bouncing in place as she waited for them to get started, with her hands held clasped together behind her back. Seeing as no one else had shown up yet, she was hoping they could get started and quickly. She had a lot more training to do after this. "Besides..", she tacked on at the last moment, "Ashi thought it'd be a good idea, since I've been doing so much training recently any way." She shrugged following this, becoming silent as she hoped over and over again that they'd be able to get started; she was all to eager.

Word Count: 450
Total Word Count: 902 / 3,000

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"Right, so then; I guess we can start now; and if anyone decides to appear, they can join in then." Not really ignoring Amaya; just... trying to keep focused, rather then saying fuck it and going to to have some fun that didn't involve flooding entire districts of the village. He was still perched on the top of the lamp pole; which made for a perfect starting point. Or rather, a good spot to show off for the giggles. Easy enough to shift to his feet, both bare and wrapping around the thin pole, one hand gripping as well for proper balance. Monkey like, really. From this position he was able to 'fall' into a spin, using the pole as a center point and gathering energy from the movement. He waited a bit, until he felt he had enough to launch him straight up into the air a good 15 feet higher then the top of the lamp. He hit the top of the arc an fell straight down; body extending until feet touched the pole again and he knees bent to take the force; as well as balance as the pole and lamp support bent with the wait. This acted like a spring board, ending him into the air once more. This time however, he was sent higher into the air, as well as horizontally out over the water in a rather shallow forward arc. It sent him about 45 feet into the air and maybe 30 feet out over the water; which didn't bother him at all really. Water and Kenta where best friends, always.

"Come on out, before you miss the fun!~"

The dive was only somewhat elegant; obvious that Kenta knew the basics of how to properly dive from significant heights, but unrefined and almost sloppy. Not that he cared; he could just melt directly into the water if he wanted too; but that wasn't for now. He just landed in his hand, the water bowling out away from the chakra used to support him; elbows bending in response to absorb and transfer the converted energy of the fall before the water rebounded like a trampoline; sending him flying once more. Now it was into a backflip, turning over himself three times midair before landing on his feet like nothing had happened; out near the middle of the open water where they would work on the basics of the training.

Akimitsu Nekonote

Akimitsu Nekonote

D-rank
So. Yeah. The Hokage had some awesome moves. This was now a proven fact. Would Aki be able to do that one day? Maybe not to the extent of Kenta, but hopefully close. Who knows though? The Nekonote was a naturally agile clan... maybe it wasn't impossible. That would have to be on his list of things to do.

As the inuzuka did the moves, he wondered if you needed any major chakra control to be able to do any of that. It would make sense though. Use chakra to help you balance out and such.

"Enough Gawking Akimitsu. Time to get the show on the road." He started to walk to the edge of the water, and wondered if they needed to go out to the water as well. Not that walking on water was to tough a task. Just have some control over chakra, and you could make yourself walk. So that's what he did. He made a somewhat conscious effort and walked out close to where the Hokage stood. Akimitsu stretched a little bit and looked back to Amaya.

"Coming?"

(572/2000)

Marici

Marici

S-rank
Ah, yes; time to focus. That wasn't hard honestly, much like changing a television channel in her mind. One second she was just relaxed, slightly talkative; and the next she was entirely focused, and ready to begin. She watched Kenta's spring board act with mild amusement, an eyebrow raising before she shook her head slightly and chuckled. ' Miss the fun? More like miss getting soaked to the bone or maybe drowning', she mused to herself, jokingly. She definitely expected to end up wet and cold. Ah well, she was the one who decided to come, so it was pointless to begin to complain now, besides... if this worked, she'd gain a lot of valuable information and skills from it, and that is what she wanted after all.

Yeah, her own entrance into that water was going to be a lot less showy. Her attention slipped to Akimitsu, watching him 'enter' the water, too. Ah well, hopefully she wouldn't end up soaked too badly, she really didn't need chewed out from Ashi over coming home soaked and cold; she would never hear the end of it, especially now. She didn't respond to Akimitsu's question, her focused behavior making her more anti social then she normally was.

But, without waiting any longer she walked over to the edge of the water, controlling her chakra enough to allow her to continue walking along the top of the surface; her movements were calm, confident, and graceful. At least for someone who was walking across the surface of the ocean. She stopped herself a good fifteen or so feet away from Kenta, and Akimitsu. She figured, until told otherwise, that they were going to need a decent bit of space, and it was as good enough of a distance as any.

She loosely folded her arms across her chest, reddish gaze now focused entirely on Kenta as she waited for their first instructions. Her face was emotionless, but her eyes were determined and focused, along with expectant. She was more then ready to get going, now, and to begin.

Word Count: 345
Total Word Count: 1,247 / 3,000

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
Good, good. The spacing would work; close enough to hear him over the distant waves and cries of the sailors, but far enough apart to still work without interfering with each other. "Alright, just be warned that wet isn't optional. There's going to be swimming, there are going to be big waves, and if I end up demonstrating high level jutsu, there will be tsunamis.~" he wasn't even joking; given he was working on a jutsu that had that name in it. Or several really. Fun times, fun times.

"Alright, now; what do you know about water, exactly? You know what it's made of, you know what it's for, yes. But tell me something, do you really know water? Can you look at the surface and tell what kind it is? Salty, briny, fresh, muck filled, etc? Can you guess the way the water will react? If you see a glassy surface, do you know what that means? Can you track the waves, feel the current and trace it back along it's path? Any of this? None of it? Someone that really knows water, someone that has properly trained to use it, harness the power of the element... they can tell you all this and more. I can tell you exactly where and in what country a small floating ball would end up if I dropped it at me feet and ignored it; to within a few inches. I can tell you the exact direction and speed of a current just by the way the waves move. When I'm done with you... you'll at least have an inkling of these things, and the tools to train to my level. It won't be easy, or pleasant; but you will learn. I guarantee that."

Akimitsu Nekonote

Akimitsu Nekonote

D-rank
Did Akimitsu really know any of that? The awnser was simple. Nope. Nope, oh, and no. So someone could actually tell where a small portion of water came from? Wouldn't that be good for tracking. Any spilled water and Akimitsu could use that skill. Not only that, but water was available almost everywhere. If one was skilled enough, they could draw the water from the moisture in the air. Wouldn't that be handy? It'd be good for some water jutsu that was for sure. Plus, you wouldn't be low on water if you needed to survive in the wild for a bit.

As for Kenta's warning of it not being easy, Akimitsu figured that. Nothing came easy. As much as he'd like to have it that way, he knew it could be no other way but hard. Besides. In some cases, Akimiitsu enjoyed the hard way. It could turn into fun. He wondered if that was the case today."

(731/2000)

Marici

Marici

S-rank
'Great, I knew I was going to get soaked, I just knew it..', came her mental groan, though outwardly she kept her appearance as emotionless as possible, focused even. She threw a glance in the other males direction, wondering how much trouble the pair of them were going to have with this, if any at all. She knew some things came more natural than others. She flicked her gaze back in Kenta's direction, intent on watching him as much as possible to try and give herself as little grief as she could over this.

She listened intently to Kenta, taking in every word he spoke and saving it for memory to mull over later. Being able to tell what kind of water it was just by looking at it? That would very prove handy. How it would react? Even more so. To be able to tell where it came from? Hell yeah. Those things? They'd be great, that was for sure. She knew from years of research that water had a sense of healing in its own way, and the idea of mastering that as another way to help, or hinder someone? That was a skill she was all too prepared to get in over her head for.

She let her gaze momentarily linger on the water at their feet, the idea if being able to tell where something would end up down to the inches was a wonderful skill to have, not including the rest of them. Once more her reddish gaze flickered to Kenta, more determination than ever before shinning brightly in it; she was more than prepared to begin. With all this new information of the things that she would be capable of if she mastered this element she could no longer bring herself to care about becoming cold, wet, sick. Hell, she could hardly bring herself to care about drowning, anymore, not that that had been one of the first things floating around in her mind. She was a good swimmer, but you never knew.. when playing with something you didn't fully understand nor could you control accidents did tend to happen; not that she thought Kenta would let either of them drown, but still...

She rubbed her hands together, almost excitedly, a grin sweeping across her face as she was no longer capable of holding in her excitement; one sadistically excited looking Uchiha coming up! "I can't wait now...", even her voice held that excitement as she spoke, unlike its usual soft tones devoid of almost any and all emotion.

Word Count: 426
Total Word Count: 1,673 / 3,000

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"Alright. Now; I want to try a simple exercise with you both. Or rather; simple, but still one that can be considered fairly advanced. Easy enough; simply place a hand into the water and feel. I want to see if you are even able to feel the water properly; the ebb and flow, minuet currents, etc. Most people can only feel a current or the like if it is fairly strong; and even then, all they feel is pressure; not the true movement of the water." He didn't expect a lot; but it was a decent start. Once he was done with them; they should be at least able to notice something, anything, beyond the basic "this water is cool." or "this water is salty."

Yeeeaah.

The blonde dropped down until he was sitting on the waves; completely at home with the slowly water logging clothing he wore. It was very light, very airy, and did not retain large volumes of water when submerged. Perfect for this; because it wouldn't weight him down at all. Although given his rebreather was in a pouch at his waist; he didn't much worry about drowning. No need too; when he could walk along the bottom to shore without much effort. Or just swim; that was always fun.

His own hands where allowed to drop below the waves up to the wrists; more then enough for him to start to analyze quiet a bit of the world beneath the surface. Temperature to some accuracy; a good idea of the currents just below the waves; how the wind was effecting the movement of the water in relation to the water's own movements; even an idea of the salinity of the water; just by how gritty it felt. All highly useful to a ninja that needed to use the water, and a lot of it. Or a sailor. HIGHLY useful to them.

"Take a moment; feel it out. Then tell me what you think. Be as precise as you think you can be. Don't rush it. You have to learn to feel the water; not just touch it. Sense it; really sense it. A body of water like a bay, or a sea, even the oceans themselves; especially the oceans, honestly; are more akin to living things then giant pools of water to be used and abused. There is a... life; an energy, something that any person that plans to truly master the arts of Suiton MUST understand; or else they waste the effort of training. You will never control water; that is the human's folly. You merely work with it; coax it to do as you need. And if you truly understand the water; it will gladly work with you. Respect it's power; and it will never fail you. Underestimate it, think you the master of the rivers and the lakes, and the oceans? It will destroy you faster then you can blink. Understood?"

Akimitsu Nekonote

Akimitsu Nekonote

D-rank
As Akimitsu expected, there was a lot more to learn about water. What really hit Aki though, was the fact that there was a natural feel to the water. A natural flow to it. From what Kenta said, all water had a certain flow it liked. If a current were to mess with the flow the water would have a different feeling. Was it really possible for water to posses all this? It had to be, other wise he wouldn't be going through all this.

Akimitsu then put his hand into the water and held it for a moment. Sure, Akimitsu did know some things about water. He waited for a moment, then started to feel something. He narrowed his eye brows a bit, having the look of someone in deep thought. He started to feel something, and a salty taste started to form in his mouth. He tried to focus more on the feeling and what that feeling was. A good 5 minutes passed, and Akimitsu thought he had it figured out. "The water is rather salty, and..." He paused for a moment. "It seems the water's natural flow is... how do I put this... Its getting along with the way the wind is blowing it. That's the best way to explain it I guess."

(941/2000)

Marici

Marici

S-rank
Simple? Well, yes. She knew it was simple with the other two elements she was capable of manipulating. Especially anything to deal with fire? She could almost predict the way it was going to move, to dance even. It was always such a wonderful beauty to behold, to be able to use. Lightning was no different. And both were destructive and useful in their own ways. So, simple? Yeah, perhaps if she was dealing with the two elements she was overly comfortable with. Water... she enjoyed it, it was peaceful, relaxing.. but she had no where near the.. relationship, if you will.. that she did with the other two elements. She hoped to change that, however. Therefore, she ripped the doubt straight from her mind that kept telling her to give up before she even began. She couldn't let it rule her, or else it would turn this exercise into something a hell of a lot harder than what it already might be.

She watched Kenta sit on the top of the water and place his hand in it. She than glanced over to Akimitsu as well. She would've sat down on the water.. had she wanted a wet ass. Right now, she was trying to avoid that at all costs. Therefore she kneeled down, dropping her hand below the surface of the oceans water, hoping, beyond hope, to feel or sense something, anything at all. And at first there was nothing, even trying to concentrate she couldn't feel anything extra than she would any normal day. She knew the water was moving because the waves that covered and uncovered the shore repeatedly said so, but she couldn't feel it, not like she was supposed to be able to.

She almost sighed when an idea came to her, a little voice telling her to try something else, to not give up. Therefore she cleared her mind, concentrating on the water, seeing as it as more than just something wet and cool feeling against her flesh. Something so much more than that. She knew it would take a while before she could feel the intimacy that she did with fire or lightning, but she at least felt something compared to nothing. As she concentrated she could feel it moving above, beside, and beneath her hands, feeling it move through her fingertips. Yes, she could feel it now... if that was what she was supposed to be feeling. Only time would tell. Kenta wanted them to be descriptive? Well, she was going to try her best, and prepare for the worst, as it were. "I feel.. like it wants to move in that direction..." she nodded with her head towards a small rocky outcrop not far away, from an area that stuck into the ocean a little bit more, "But, the wind is pushing it in that direction." With that she nodded slightly to the left of the rocky out crop, farther away from the shore, and more towards the rest of the ocean.

She paused in her speaking, trying to concentrate harder, maybe get something more to tell. "If it's worth anything.. I have a overly salty taste in my mouth, even though I have yet to fall in on my face...and, if I'm not imagining things, I feel an almost gritty feeling against the insides of my fingers..." She chuckled a bit at that, giving her own little silly prediction of what she thought was going to happen. She really did expect to end up soaked.. but she wasn't exactly dreading it any more.

She fell silent at that point, throwing another glance towards the other male before resting her reddish gaze upon Kenta, waiting for his yes or no to the information that the pair had given him. A slender white eyebrow rose in her quiet curiosity. She hoped, deep down, as she bit her bottom lip gently, that she was at least some what close. Even if in general... she didn't expect to be spot on, but if she was even in the general idea of everything it would boost her confidence, make her think that she actually had a chance to get this done. Hell, it would give her the confidence to remain out here all night if she had to until she got it right... and she would, too. Determination was one hell of a motivator for the Uchiha, a hell of one indeed.

Word Count: 739
Total Word Count: 2,412 / 3,000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.