You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kokai Tsumi

Kokai Tsumi

D-rank
For the moment Kokai would simply sit in his room staring at the calendar nailed to the wall across from him. It was a barren place really. One bed mat with one blanket and one pillow. A single seat at a table. More of an old cushion on the floor. It was on that cushion he sat. Of course there was a fridge and a sink. A single burner stove. It was a very bare minimum apartment. The only thing that stood out was the wall next to the exit. A yellow hoody on a hook, a set of house keys, a leg clasp with three senbon in it, a kunai hanging in its sheath, a tanto (Also put safely in its own) and a giant shuriken. Next to it was a chest with a pad lock on it...hiding his cloak and mask. As for his normal clothes his boots sat on the other side of the door from the weapons and his remaining clothes were in one of two laundry baskets. Clean and dirty. His attention however was on the calendar. A single red circle on a day marked a week from the current day. He would sigh and reach over to his notebook. Grabbing a pen and scribbling down a note upon a blank page.

"Yo, Oki. Promotion reviews are coming up....If you want to meet up with me I will be drinking at the Red Baron in the bazaar in an hour."

With that he tore off the page and rolled it up before attaching the letter to the claw of a messenger hawk. Whispering to it its destination on whom it was to find before letting it out the window. Quietly he got up and moved to the bathroom. Turning the sink handle as it whined before spitting out water. Finally creating a steady stream at room temperature. Without so much as a Sigh Kokai dipped his hands into it feeling the water instantly begin to drop temperature as he splashed it on his face a couple of times. Letting it drain before he moved to the towel and dried himself. Moving back into his room he selected a pair of black jeans and white socks. slipping into them before grabbing a grey tank top. He paused for a moment by his boots as he recalled he needed money. Moving back into the room he would go about finding his wallet under his bed. He opened it and examined the contents before deciding it was just enough to get utterly hammered. So as things usually go he stuffed the wallet into his front right pocket before putting on his boots. His crimson eyes glanced at the yellow hoody before deciding he was good without it. It was sunny out today. Warm even. Hell it was barely passed four. Still his eyes took in his weaponry. He was trained never to go without them. With a sigh he grabbed his headband out of his hoody and tied it around his upper right arm. His Senbon he strapped to his left leg and his Tanto he strapped to his upper right thigh. With that done he moved  over and put on his boots before moving out the door and Locking it.

Kokai moved alone through the streets towards the bazaar. It was a short walk since renting was lower near all this noise. People shouted and crowded though anyone too close to him shivered and moved away. Sometimes pulling coats tighter. Once or twice someone looked offended his way but when their gazes met. Blood red eyes to whatever color the other had, they quickly looked away. It was hard to believe he might ever fit into this society. Hardly mattered anyway. His job was to go out and take down anyone the village deemed had to be taken out. They knew that Kokai was trained as an assassin. Still when he stepped through the flap of the bar stand/shack he was somewhat hoping Oki would be there. Seeing at the very least he arrived first Kokai sighed and wondered if the man even felt like meeting him. Squad mate was really a funny term considering their squad leader never actually did anything with the whole squad. Just faded away to Suna before they could accomplish anything. Sure Kokai got a private lesson from him and the two of them got a lecture. However Squad 3 was never truly a squad. Kokai would slip some money onto the counter and order a cold beer before settling at an empty table in the corner furthest from the entrance and sip at it. Wondering to himself if Oki had any reason to show up.

Oki Kuma

Oki Kuma

D-rank
Oki woke up early that morning, having recovered from the incident that had occurred at the coliseum, and now working on training, and making up for lost time. He stood in front of a log that was set on a slab of stone, breathing in, taking air in to his lungs, and then exhaling, allowing that air to leave his body and him to feel refreshed. He clenched his fist and then unclenched, adjusting his posture to have one foot facing the log, and the other roughly a step behind. Lightly curling his hand into a fist once more, he swept his foot around, lunging forward and twisting his fist as he punched the wood as hard and fast as he could, the log going flying off the stone with bark splintering and scattering to the ground from the point of impact. Content, Oki nodded, smiling to himself before walking back towards the house on the Kuma clan ground where he and his parents lived.

Entering through the door, he cocked an eyebrow as he looked down, staring at a letter that wasn’t there when he had left earlier. Crouching down, the behemoth of a chuunin picked up the letter, opening it and reading it to himself. Kokai wanted to meet up it seemed. Oki rolled his shoulders, taking a note of the place that was noted, and stuffing the letter into his jackets inside pocket. It seemed Kokai wanted to talk to Oki about the upcoming reviews for village promotions. Perhaps Kokai himself was expecting a promotion soon, to the same rank as the bear man? It wasn’t any of his business to query such a thing. However, if Kokai had something he wanted to talk to Oki about, then it was only fair for Oki to accept the invitation. Besides, Oki himself had questions for Kokai. The mission the two were on recently… He shook his head. Those were questions he could ask when he’d get there, and even more so, when he found Kokai in a comfortable place to say. Tension only ever built tension, and he’d rather not have to subdue a member of the same squad he was in, or even a member of the same village if he didn’t have to.

Without hesitating, he took to the streets, leaving Debu to rest behind after having a brief chat with the bear. Giving him a pat on the head, he was off, smiling to himself. His attire was simple, with a black jacket covering the white vest top, and blue shorts over his defined legs. He walked bare footed, and around his neck he wore a chain like a scarf, which rattled with his steps. His olive eyes were sharp, and in focus, and his hair seemed to have a static look to it, which one would imagine from someone struck by lightning. He stroked at his beard in thought as he wondered just exactly what was going to happen, walking through and around the crowded streets as he headed to the place designated to meet. He wasn’t really sure why or when, the letter having vague instructions, but if Oki had to guess, that was because of who Kokai was as a person. You get to know someone when you exchange blows with them.

As he made his way through the Bazaar, Oki shortly found himself to the Red Baron that Kokai had instructed. The bear chuunin gazed around the crowded pub, looking around to try find the one that had sent the letter. Lo and behold, the anger issue heavy genin was in the corner, seemingly as antisocial as ever. He waited for the other guy to notice him, waving a hand in greeting, before being sure to order his own drink, a pot of tea which came with a cup, a pot, some sugar to use, some milk, and a spoon to stir it with. He picked up this stuff carefully, carrying it to the table that Kokai was sat at, before setting it down, followed by himself. Before speaking, he began pouring himself out a cup of tea, adding in a little bit of milk, a spoon of sugar, and then stirring it. Leaving it for a moment, he then proceeded to take a sip, setting it down with a light sigh, before turning to face Kokai with a serious expression on his face, olive eyes scanning his face and form to try read him, and to try understand his mind. There had to be something, but what it was, Oki couldn’t determine. He exhaled, deciding to be the first to break the silence as he set his tea down onto the saucer it had come with. “Well Kokai, as always, it has been a while. I trust you’ve been training, and keeping yourself in good health. So, how has it been going?” he asked, not wanting to approach the true topic of their meeting immediately. He at least wanted to enjoy his tea a bit before potentially tense talk began.

Kokai Tsumi

Kokai Tsumi

D-rank
Kokai would sit there at his table within the small pub. Here and there someone would occasionally give him a glance. Always sizing him up for either something to prove might wise or seeing if Kokai was the one with his pride ready to be put on the line. Truth was if he had to he could take down this entire bar likely. He had not interest in challenges that didn't reach his level. Nor did he have interest in picking on those far to weak to make a stand. If someone thought wrongly enough to attack him he would put them down and with enough force to prove a point but otherwise he was simply happy with his beer. Even if he was babying it far more than seemed required. The street outside bustled with life and he felt like he was just sitting outside of it all watching it happen. It was true that he ate and slept and shopped and shit just like they did but he had known a much different life. His upbringing something they would of considered harsh and even abusive. They didn't understand what it was to be born with a destiny. To be born to be strong.

Still his crimson eyes would shift to one particularly angry individual staring at him from across the pub. Obviously inebriated and a fighter. Kokai could see the scars on the mans knuckles. He was a big one but Kokai put little into that little revelation. His opponents had been bigger before. His friend had been too. He stopped himself in that moment though as he caught the thought. Examining it. Friend? He doubted the man considered him as such. What reason did he even have to come to this meeting? Kokai felt foolish for even being there waiting. As such he felt irritable. His blood red eyes burned as they looked at the man trying to stare him down. Allowing the man to sense the rage and experience in that stare. For a moment the man held on until he scoffed and looked away. Choosing not to try it with the crimson eyes kid across the way. Not here anyway. It was about that time that Oki walked in. His monstrous frame blocking the light coming in and Kokai could feel him stepping onto the wooden floors of the pub. The man that had been staring at Kokai glanced at Oki and quickly looked to his own drink instead.

Kokai would note that Oki had arrived and took note of him. It was interesting that Oki would be willing to show up when asked. Kokai of course had kept some tabs and he knew the man had been promoted. A part of him hated him for that. A rival beyond his reach. It made him feel small and weak. His eyes followed Oki to the bar before monitoring him order tea. Kokai could almost feel the calm radiating off the man. So they were no longer rivals in his eyes. Kokai was just another kid he knew and Oki wasn't even concerned about him now. Still he needed to swallow his pride if he wanted to advance. As Oki would bring his tea over to the table Kokai would sip his beer again. Now half empty. Oki would prepare his own tea in pained silence for a moment before speaking. It was pleasant conversation but of course Kokai hated beating around the bush. However he needed to show growth here. He needed to prove to someone of renown in the village that he was a shinobi. So he would take a breath and calmly speak. The cold coming off him minimal but still making the tea steam ever more and the bottle in his hand begin to frost over.

"Training is my job and I know to do it daily. As for how its been going, I'm not entirely sure anymore. Some fuc....A more senior shinobi taught me some techniques for learning chakra control. However he also used me as a squad breaker. Pitted me against his squad without them knowing I was coming. I dunno if I am angry over it or if its just my most prominent talent....Do you think what I'm best at is breaking genin from the village?"

Oki Kuma

Oki Kuma

D-rank
As Kokai responded to his question, Oki listened, tea resting on the table so as to avoid seeming like he wasn’t listening. It seemed Kokai was calming himself down, or at least something of the sort from the breath he took. The air was somewhat cooler, although Oki was only able to tell through the visual cues, such as the slight misting, the frost, and the steam. Oki’s fur like hair kept him insulated if nothing else, so, he wasn’t distracted by the cold, allowing him to focus on his comrades words. He replied to the question as Oki would expect, straight to the point. Still, it was comforting to know it’s still the usual Kokai. At least, he’s pretty sure that’s a comforting thought.

Next, however, his squad mate began to tell a story. A jounin taught him chakra control, which was a good thing to hear, however what came next was… Intriguing, to say the least. Disappointing would perhaps be another word for it, as he heard and listened to the tale Kokai stated about the jounin. It appeared that Kokai was pitted against a squad of genin by a jounin that perhaps was not confident in their own teaching abilities. He stroked at his goatee, listening intently and quickly growing deep in thought at the tale of Kokai being used to attack genin without their knowing. It was something he wasn’t sure what to think of.

As Kokai posed his question, Oki continued to stroke his goatee in thought. Finally, he found an answer, shaking his head slowly. “I don’t believe that to be your talent, no. I must say, I am somewhat disgusted by the idea of using another shinobi simply to attack and beat a squad that is not prepared. Especially since, from the sounds of it, it was not something you particularly wished to do. I will not pretend to know what you’re talented at, comrade Kokai. You are a strong fighter though, that it something I cannot deny. You did give me quite the fight on our first meeting, a good one in my mind. Perhaps honing that would be a good way to move forward for you. If you hone that enough, and work for the village to prove yourself enough, perhaps you’ll be able to be a sensei yourself. Teach others your way of fighting, and guide them. Then again, I could just be rambling! Thinking isn’t exactly my strong suit.

At this, he gave a jolly laugh, shaking his head as he raised his tea to once more drink from it, ignoring the steam and enjoying the warmth compared to the relative cool coming from his drinking buddy. Still, that was enough beating around the bush for Oki. Once more setting the tea, nearly finished, on the table, he coughed to clear his throat before speaking up. “Still, that aside, I hope you don’t mind me asking… What is it you wanted to have this meet up for? We haven’t met up since our last mission, nor has our sensei been particularly active. I know promotion reviews are coming up, but, still, what sparked your wish to meet up at such short notice? No offense, it’s just rather… Unlike you.

540 + 840 = 1380

Kokai Tsumi

Kokai Tsumi

D-rank
The man would set his tea down and Kokai would only be able to compare the mans mass in comparison to his own. Had he been so big when they sparred? Perhaps he was sensing something else other than the mans mass this time around. Before they had been about equals and that had been made clear with a draw. One he had been embarrassed by at the time. He had gone into the fight intending to take down the large man as one was trained to take down large opponents. He had slammed into the mans leg time and time again. Over time he had broken it down but it didn't do him any good. The man fought like an animal and could move just as easily on all fours. Even back then Kokai was putting everything he had into out maneuvering the man. He wasn't capable of holding out much longer and a single blow from Oki was enough to put most men down. He wasn't going to be able to disable another limb. Not even if he had his tonfa at the time. However there was something else he was sensing now. A gap in their strengths that was plain to the trained eye. He wouldn't stand a chance now.

He would listen as the man began speaking his thoughts on the matter. He was disgusted by the act and Kokai wondered if it really wasn't common ground for sensei to enact such harsh lessons regularly. How would Oki handle a squad he wondered? Certainly they wouldn't challenge the huge man or his bear companion for that matter. Had the bear been a part of their combat before Kokai never would of disabled that leg and would of been bleeding quickly. He complimented Kokai on his fighting skill as well and suggested he prepare those less trained. He hadn't ever considered as much. Sparring others had always just been to grow himself. What if he could take the training he had been given and hone it into teaching others? It was an odd idea but he was less afraid of his chakra now. For a moment he would glance down at the hand on his beer. The hand that could produce necrotic flames if left unchecked. He had control now but enough for students? He wasn't so sure. With practice though he might gain even more control until his bloodline wasn't a curse but another tool to be used when he decided.

The man would laugh hardheartedly and for once Kokai would smile back. Tossing his beer back and drinking the rest as the man sipped his tea. Oki was usually good at keeping a good mood. However when he cleared his throat red eyes would shift to meet those dark orbs. Studying them as the man began to speak. It seemed he wanted to know what his time was being taken up for. He spoke of their last mission where they hadn't worked well together and Kokai had lost his cool. He clicked his tongue at that and looked to the side even as the man mentioned their sensei and finally, his feelings on their connection. Kokai noted it and decided it meant they weren't friends. He was unliked which he supposed was fair. All they had done this far was fight. Still Oki had shown up so that had to count for something. Maybe he would listen to him.

"The truth? Those Promotion reviews have me worried. I'm different from you. Ill mannered, from a clan that only recently became part of the village and has a dark past. I doubt my review will be looked on favorably. As such I was hoping to convince you to recommend me. Not really one to build on the success of others but truly I need help with this hurtle. Ya know?"

Oki Kuma

Oki Kuma

D-rank
Oki watched as the comrade of his swigged his beer, glad to see the man smile. Perhaps the first time Oki had seen him smile. The sight was unusual, but not unwelcome. In Oki’s mind, all deserved to smile at some point or another – Kokai was no different. Still, after Oki had spoken, it seemed the mood at the table soured. Had he misworded himself? That made things rather awkward, as with a brief sound and motion, Kokai looked away, clearly wounded or offended by something that had been said. Yet for the life of him, Oki could not figure out what. What had gotten Kokai in such a state, when he was simply asking what he needed? Perhaps he over embellished, which in turn hurt Kokai’s pride? He was not sure, yet, there was no point questioning it. That would only worsen and sour the mood further.

Finally, after the rather silent distaste for Oki’s question, Kokai spoke up, revealing his intentions for the meeting. As Oki expected, guessing slightly from the mention of it in the letter that Kokai had sent, it was in regards to the promotions upcoming. It seemed that, due to the problems he himself had problems with, Kokai feared for his position in regards to it. And in that fear for what was upcoming, Kokai wanted Oki’s help, specifically, a recommendation. Oki sighed, and motioned in thought. Yet, rather than his usual gesture of stroking his goatee, instead, he put his hands to his temple, massaging his forehead as if trying to stir his mind into thought.

Finally, after a moment of awkward silence, he lowered his hands back to their position of being casually slacked on the table. Voice at the usual Oki tone, gruff yet gentle, strong yet surprisingly lacking harsh tone. “I think you’re underselling yourself there friend. Yes, you are rather… Forward, and in your actions you often act before talk. But, well, I will admit I do the same. There’s nothing wrong with having a temper so long as you learn to work on it. Hell, I lose my temper all the time! It’s why I’m going for tea, I find it calming!” he laughed, hoping to lighten the mood as he shook his head, before taking a sip of said tea, and then continuing.

You’re a good shinobi. You have flaws, but, flaws make us have strengths, for without a flaw, you are imperfect. The higher ups won’t give a care in the world friend about your clan, or your past! It is not the you of the day before that matters, the actions you take, and what you do among your comrades and companions. So, on your request… Out of honour for your feelings of independence, I will decline. I will not recommend you for promotions. It’ll happen regardless, and it would be a folly for a rival to give aid to another rival, would it not? I still feel that kick to the knee!” He finished, laughing before picking up his tea in a much less eloquent way, wrapping his big, long nailed paw of a hand around it before tipping his head back, and pouring the remainder of the tea down the hatch, setting it back down once empty with a content sigh.

548 + 1380 = 1928

Kokai Tsumi

Kokai Tsumi

D-rank
Kokai could feel the tension in the silence he had forced on them. It was as if the air had suddenly grown thicker and he wished his beer wasn't empty. Hand to hand combat he actually excelled at but when it came to human interaction he was lacking. For a med nin his bedside manner was lacking horribly. He could imagine him standing over a patient as they grew cold and looked into his dark eyes with the crimson burning within like an undead thing come for them. His family had never focused on actually healing people though. The purpose of their medical knowledge was to break down cells not build them up. The necrotic flames he had feared and was still wary of were the production of those efforts instilled in his bloodline. His touch was far more likely to harm than it was to heal. He was trained as an assassin which was likely the cause of his up front behavior. He was trained to approach from stealth and land a critical blow but his fight with Oki had been far more direct. Was he rebelling against the clan that had disowned him by ignoring all they taught him? All that was aside from his martial arts.

Still Oki would place those massive mitts of his on the table. Those claws were like hooks waiting to rend some poor soul to pieces and yet Oki himself seemed far more peaceful than Kokai. Their mentor hadn't done anything with the two of them besides a single lecture and yet Oki hadn't let that hold him back. His massive size wasn't what impressed Kokai really. It was his drive. His capabilities and how he forced people to look passed the terror one would feel when meeting him and enjoy the noisy laugh. Still Oki would speak up about how Kokai was being silly with his thoughts. Not his exact words but it translated to Kokai that way. Was he being paranoid? Of course his shortcoming of a bad temper could be overcome. He hadn't expected words of encouragement from the man so much as perhaps some bartering. A favor for a favor maybe. He would watch as the man sipped his tea with a smile. The tea cup amusingly small in the mans hand. He would consider the last part though. Perhaps he would add tea onto his scheduled training. See if the calming properties would carry over for him and bring some more piece to his life.

Still Oki wasn't finished nor was he avoiding the topic. He spoke of Kokai being a good shinobi which surprised him since their last mission had ended in disagreement. Without flaws he was imperfect? Perhaps since he acknowledged he had flaws he could grow by overcoming them one by one. Still his actions with companions thus far had only proven he was strong. He needed to work on another aspect. He needed to be able to work with others of his rank. He needed to learn to associate more with them and make companions. However Oki continued to deny his request. At first Kokai was shocked and wondered if the man wasn't willing to put his neck out. However Oki wasn't done yet. His words continued on to describe why he wouldn't do it. Independence and what was more he said Kokai was his rival. Kokai would stare at his empty beer bottle on the table a moment as he considered that. Even with the gap between them Oki still thought of them as rivals. If anything Kokai couldn't simply ignore that for the compassion it showed or what it demanded of him. He would take a breath before raising his right fist and holding it straight out halfway over the table. Speaking as his eyes stared into Oki's with a new determination.

"Kuma Oki, On this fist I swear I will catch up to you. You better not let me surpass you or I will beat you the next time we fight. That is my oath as Kokai Tsumi. Not as my clan or my past. As your rival."

Oki Kuma

Oki Kuma

D-rank
Oki watched as Kokai held out his fist towards Oki, outstretched across the table with a steel-like determination. As he spoke his words, for the first time, Oki could feel personality within Kokai’s speech – more than mere hatred. A fire of passion had been birthed, and as he declared that upon his fist Oki would not surpass him, and that he would surpass the giant chuunin, Oki smiled, nodding his head in a gesture of acknowledgment. The rivalry that started over a silly song about ice cream, now two metaphorical giants of combat. Sat in a pub.

In silence, Oki looked down at his empty cup, nodding, before standing up and walking over to the bar, setting the empty china receptacle on the table there and bowing in thanks to the person running the place and serving drinks. With a swift turn on his heel, he walked back over to the table with Kokai, sitting himself down where he was with a rather ungraceful plop. Smirking, he returned Kokai’s gesture, holding out his clawed paw in front of him towards Kokai with a nod as he spoke. “Well, comrade Kokai. You’ll have time to prove your words, and I will state my own words that I will not lose either! I have plans shortly to go on a pilgrimage to the Land of Bears. I hope to train there, and return a new me, a stronger me. I imagine I will be gone for a while. And when I return, you better be ready for a fight – I will hold you to your declaration, and will crush you with everything I’ve got when I return!

Pausing, he shook his head, turning to face the side and looking at an old grandfather clock that was ticking incessantly to the side. Time was passing, and Oki squinted to watch at what exactly the time was. “Shit…” he muttered beneath his breath, before standing up once more. “I apologise friend Kokai. I had an arrangement to go investigate some things, taking a genin out on a mission and helping show them the ropes. I apologise that I have to cut this short, however, I hope you will not doubt yourself further – I’d hate to surpass you without competition. When next we meet, may it be on the other end of each other’s fists, and I wish you the best with your training and your promotion. I’ll be seeing you. Farewell.

At that, Oki turned, and seemingly to make up for lost time, took off towards the door in a run, crouching down and running on all fours so as to move faster than he was before. Arms and hands acting as if more legs, a beast that barrelled through the doorway and rushed off into the distance, earning quite a few odd looks and muttering comments. Of course, given the nature of those that were within the pub, a fair few people just assumed it was either whatever the large man had drunk, or, what they themselves had drunk – alcohol did weird things. But, Oki didn’t care – he’d gone over the time he’d scheduled for himself, and because of this, he was off in a sprint, needing to get ready to go this his next mission, and do his best for the village. Still, he deemed that a productive meeting, reigniting a fire within his rival – rivalry was good, in Oki’s mind. Two young fighters.

572 + 1928 = 2500
[EXIT]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.