You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Sunny? Well, that was a first.

It was a simply beautiful day within the village of kirigakure. For the first time since Toshiko had been in the village, the sky wasn't covered with a mask of deep smog like clouds that dimmed the entire village. It was a nice change of scenery from the usual depressing sort that kirigakure was keen to. He'd only been residing in the village for almost a week. It was almost time for him to head back towards the doragon seji. He questioned whether he still even would do so. As they'd already taught him Senjutsu, it was unnecessary for him to further his knowledge. Would he be able to do the rest on his own? Well, he'd have to wait and find out. Either way, he wouldn't be able to waste any of his time. He'd spend today trying as hard as he possibly could in his training to further his skills, and make sure he didn't fall through the cracks. He had been traveling long enough. His time to return to konoha was nearing. While he was in kiri, the smartest thing for him to do would be to get in all the training he possibly could so he could return to konoha twice as strong as he was when he left. He left out the residence he'd been welcomed to crash at for his time while in kiri early in the morning, heading out onto the streets, and then out to the outskirts of the village. There were multiple forests that were outside the village gates, some were customary for kiri ninja to train in, and others were lost battlegrounds that carried nothing but remains of long dead individuals and signs of war.

Toshiko cut into the forest, moving forward and looking for an open space to train within. One that was secluded, and not inhabited by any other ninja. He remembered the doragon seji's words, telling him how to unlock the form of sage mode by telling him to becoming one with nature. Toshiko figured the best way to do so would be to train himself by allowing his body to get used to nature and senjutsu chakra. He found a wide, open space that had been marked kirigakure's training grounds. It was completely empty, not another ninja in sight. This was the perfect place for Toshiko to focus himself. He walked into the center of the wide training grounds. It was somewhat marshy due to the frequent rain that occurred in the village. a few damp puddles riddled the ground. Despite that, he sat down upon the solid ground within the center of the training arena, and closed his eyes, focusing himself and beginning to meditate.

He focused his own chakra with the chakra around him, allowing himself to intake the energy around him. He felt it coming in at a greater rate than it had before. His training was getting him somewhere. if he'd keep it up, he'd be able to master it and head back to konoha in no time.

Word Count: 526

526/1500 Fuuton D Rank

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
"Oy, Dovy..."

His eyes closed, he felt nothing but the radiant heat of the sun glazing his tanned skin. Not a single cloud crossed its path, Dovy laid back in the shadeless atmosphere with his heavy eyelids.

"Dovy!"

The slow swaying of the boat swishing in the sea rocked Dovy in a pleasant power-nap. His ears only adjusted to the sound of seagulls singing and the waves crashing. The salty sea sprayed onto his clothes, dampening them, making them a bit heavier and baggier than normal. His once white T-shirt and black shorts flapped from the vigorous beach wind. *BUMP!*

"DOVY!!!"

"AHHH, fer Poseidon's sake. WHAT MATE?" Dovy shouted with annoyance as he sat himself upright. He shook his damp blonde hair like a wet dog and brushed it back out of his face. His eyes adjusted to the light and color around him. As the mild blur began to fade, his heart was filled with nostalgia as he began to recognize where he was.

"Get up lad, yer home." said Killi, the boat-lady and close friend of Dovy. She sat down on the foredeck of the small boat and gave her arms a rest. Dovy stood up and gazed at the beach. He rubbed his eyes and took in a deep breath of the Shore Side air. To the far right he could see the docks he once fished on for sport. To his left he could see the coastal town he grew up in, not too far of a walking distance away. He smiled, "It's been a whole year..." He picked up his heavy backpack, swung his arms through the straps, tightened it around his shoulders, and stood up adventurously with his chest out as he took in the sentimental scenery.

Dovy spent the last 13 months out adventuring and studying around the surrounding islands of Kirigakure. A dangerous place for a young lad to be touring, but his knowledge of pirate culture had him blend into all hazardous environments. His thick and sturdy backpack was stuffed with journals, history books, and other textbooks holding all sorts of information. Many of these books were gifts given to him for the exchange of his service. During these 13 months, Dovy was able to develop and understand the identity that he once wished to discover long ago. He found his passions, his fears, and he refined his life aspirations. The outgoing loner of a lad grew up to become much more independent and even more hungry for adventure, and it was his wander lust that had brought him back to the familiar of Kirigakure.

"You know where you're going right?" Killi asked. Dovy's nostalgiac moment was paused, and he gave her a nod. "Aye, I'm lookin' fer Geiser. He'll be at the Siren's Den around sun set right?" Killi nodded with confirmation. "Remember, that the trinket ye got in that bag is worth a lot of money. But in return fer droppin' it off we're given ye the book. That was the deal." Dovy smiled. "Aye, and thats all I need. Ye have me word." He added with a thumbs up.

Dovy hopped out of the small boat like an enthusiastic bunny rabbit. "Dovy... remember. Those secrets are dangerous. You have em now, so they're yer responsibilty. If you get hurt, it's not on us." Killi said with a deep and serious tone. Dovy nodded his head and waved goodbye, and he continued his paced walk toward the city of Kirigakure.

After many hours of walking, Dovy was feeling lost. The sun was still out and shining, and it completely threw off his confidence in the mental map he made of Kirigakure. In this area, he was use to the mist and fog that haunted the skies and roads, but the humid sunshine was toying with his direction. Around him he only saw trees that stretched high above him. He was lost in the middle of this forest, and so he leaped up to the highest branch he could find to perhaps get a better view of where he was. "Funny, the folk in Kirigakure probably think this is a gorgeous day." Dovy thought to himself as he scanned the damp environment. "Oy!" he thought to himself as he managed to catch sight of someone in an open field. The individual appeared to be nothing of that great importance, so the naive boy sprung forward in that direction.

"Oy! Can I ask ye something?" he yelled with no consideration that he could have frightened the person. Upon landing on the floor, the wet grass acted like ice on the boys feet that grew accustomed to course platforms. "YAAAAAH!!!" he yelled as he slipped and slid like a hockey puck about 10 feet away from the individual. He rolled until his body lost momentum. It was pretty embarrassing considering the fact that Dovy was one of the more experienced Genin in Kirigakure. Still, his shinobi talent could never cure his clumsiness.  

Slowly he lifted himself up off the ground and he wiped off as much dirt and grass off of him as he could. "Sorry, mate." he said. "I'm a bit lost, and I was wonderin' if ye could help me out." He added and looked at the boy. "Could you tell me where the' hell I might be?" he asked while scratching his head. Hoping he didn't intrude too much, Dovy waited for his response.

Training All Stats E>D3:

WC Requirement: (75+150+225+300+325+400+450)x5 = 9625

Total WC: [906/9625]

Last edited by Dovy on Tue May 26, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
""Oy! Can I ask ye something?""

Toshiko heard the voice of a young boy yell out to him, It startled him, causing him to jump with fright and lose his focus within his meditation. Once his nerves calmed, he quickly yelled in an outburst towards whoever the person was that had interrupted him in such an abrupt manner.

"HEY! Can't you see i'm trying to concentrate here!?!"

As the boy ran forward, he tripped upon the marshy ground that was still damp and wet from the rain that had occurred earlier. He slid past Toshiko, landing flat on his face into the dirt and ground. Toshiko tried to prevent it, but he simply couldn't do so. As he clenched his mouth shut, his face turned peach red and his cheeks expanded to the sizes of tennis balls. He then let out his laughter, falling to his knees and laughing so loud the genin that had been training on the other side of the forest heard his bellows as they echoed throughout the land. After a few minutes or so, he stopped himself, slowly getting back up to his feet. The boy was now brushing the dirt and grass off of himself. He was a clumsy one, but Toshiko had no room to talk. He was just as foolish the majority of the time. Toshiko got a closer look on the boy, and now noticed their great difference in size. the boy was small, couldn't be over 90 pounds, and didn't seem to be even 5 feet tall. Toshiko was hovering over the young one. He had to be at least 2 feet shorter than Toshiko. Despite this, Toshiko knew well not to underestimate him. The last thing one should do is underestimate individuals based off their own preconceptions of them.

"Sorry, mate. "I'm a bit lost, and I was wonderin' if ye could help me out."

Toshiko gave a slight smile, realizing that the boy hadn't met any actual harm by interrupting him. He didn't want to be the one to deny him any help.

"Could you tell me where the' hell I might be?"

He didn't know? He didn't seem to be foreign to the village like Toshiko was. While there was no way of him telling, Toshiko would assume that The small boy was from here. Despite that being his guess, the boy still didn't know where he was. Toshiko would explain.

"Well right now, we're right outside the gates of Kirigakure. I simply came out here to train while i'm here. If you don't mind me asking, are you from this village? Oh, and my name's Toshiko by the way. Toshiko Uzumaki, Jounin of the Village hidden in the leaves. It's nice to meet you."

Word Count: 474

1000/1500 Fuuton D rank

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
This wouldn't be the first time for Dovy to be laughed at for his clumsiness. At least his slip up happened in the middle of an introduction rather than in the middle of a heated battle field--and yes, he has well experienced this enough. Luckily the older boy in front of him didn't seem to mind his startling greeting and actually got a kick out of it. His laugher practically scared all of the nearby birds and wild life away from them. The dark haired boy looked confused at Dovy, probably because the question was worded quite awkwardly, as if he had lost all of his memory or something.

"Well right now, we're right outside the gates of Kirigakure. I simply came out here to train while i'm here. If you don't mind me asking, are you from this village? Oh, and my name's Toshiko by the way. Toshiko Uzumaki, Jounin of the Village hidden in the leaves. It's nice to meet you."

Dovy's was relieved that he was indeed nearby Kirigakure and not lost at all, and his eyebrows raised after he heard the boy mention that he was from Konoha. Dovy had once spent time in that village, and he remembered it very well. The weather was definitely much nicer than in Kirigakure.

"Okay, great! I've lived nearby Kirigakure, but I've been away for some time now, so I be having a hard time findin' me way back to the city. Thank ye though, Toshiko! It's nice to meet ye. Me name's Dovy Hozuki. I'm a Genin raised over on the Shore Side."

The name Uzumaki sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite remember anything specific about it. Perhaps Dovy may have skimmed past this information in a book. Since Toshiko was a Jounin, Dovy knew that the person in front of him was obviously superior, and this made him slightly nervous for what he was secretly holding in his backpack. He tightened the strap as if he was ready to continue his walk, but a beam of curiosity made him scratch his head and kept him from going about his own business.

"Oy, so um... before I head on out--can I ask ye something?" Dovy said with his thick sailor accent. "How are you training if yer just sitting on the ground mate?" he added with a skeptic eyebrow raised. You'd assume that a Jounin would be going through very intense exercises or drills. Perhaps he was a Genjutsu user? Dovy decided to stick around to find out.

[Word Count: 1326/9625]

Last edited by Dovy on Tue May 26, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank

"Okay, great! I've lived nearby Kirigakure, but I've been away for some time now, so I be having a hard time findin' me way back to the city. Thank ye though, Toshiko! It's nice to meet ye. Me name's Dovy Hozuki. I'm a Genin raised over on the Shore Side."

Dovy Hozuki? Toshiko had never heard of a clan underneath that last name, but that would make sense as he was foreign to the land. As he learned more and more things about different individuals in different parts of the five nations across all of the world, he became less ignorant on the universe he was living in. Toshiko smiled at Dovy. These were the genin of kirigakure hm? Seeing the youth of other villages prosper gave him hope for the ninja world, and himself. The fact that it was still going strong, gave him the hope and strength to keep moving forward. Dovy looked like he was about done with the conversation. He tightened the strap upon his backpack, but instead of going on about his business he simply spoke.

"Oy, so um... before I head on out--can I ask ye something?"

He had more questions. They were no problem. Toshiko had absolutely no problem with answering. Actually, he'd hope that the kid would decide to stay. he hadn't seen a kiri genin in battle before. Today could be his chance to do so.

"How are you training if yer just sitting on the ground mate?"

Toshiko chuckled softly, closing his eyes and placing his hands upon the back of his head.

"Yea it does seem a bit weird doesn't it? It's not usual for most people to train with meditation. Well, i'm training something a little different. You see, i'm training this art of jutsu known as senjutsu. You have to train it differently. It's by channeling natural energy around you To do so, you have to concentrate by meditating."

After explaining to him, Toshiko would open his eyes, giving a soft smile to dovy as he made eye contact with him.

"Well, i've told you one of my little secrets. Now do you mind showing me what you can do?"

Word Count: 377

1377/1500 Fuuton D rank

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Toshiko seemed to be very comfortable with Dovy's company. "Yea it does seem a bit weird doesn't it? It's not usual for most people to train with meditation. Well, i'm training something a little different. You see, i'm training this art of jutsu known as senjutsu..." Toshiko responded. Dovy tilted his head. What a foreign concept. He knew about ninjutsu, genjutsu and doujutsu, but never has he ever heard of senjutsu."...You have to train it differently. It's by channeling natural energy around you To do so, you have to concentrate by meditating." he added.

The idea of senjutsu seemed very interesting, even though Toshiko left a pretty ambiguous description of what this technique could possibly do. Natural energy, like the energy of the sun? What is exactly done with this natural energy anyways? Dovy started to feel the urge to discover more about it, perhaps have a spar with the upper-ranked ninja. He still had plenty of time before sunset since it was the middle of the afternoon anyways, so there wasn't much of a reason not to. Maybe he would get the chance to see this foreign concept of senjutsu in action.

"Well, i've told you one of my little secrets. Now do you mind showing me what you can do?" Toshiko asked.

Dovy smiled. He wasn't sure if a Genin ninja like himself could surprise a higher rank ninja with his elementary attacks. But then again, Toshiko was indeed foreign to the lands of Kirigakure, and Dovy definitely had more battle experience than most of his Genin peers, so who knows. Either way, he was glad that Toshiko asked him, because hopefully it would lead the two of them to that spar that Dovy was craving. He looked at Toshiko and knew exactly what to show him--a popular party trick of his.

"Sure mate. Go ahead and pull out a shuriken er kunai er somthin' and dart it straight between me eyes." he dared confidently. He figured this would be a much more fun and interesting way to show his Kekkei Genkai rather than just telling him what it was. Comically, he stretched out both of his hands and rotated them around like a magician to show there was nothing up his sleeves. Then he gently placed them behind his back and stood still. "Go for it." he added with assurance and closed his eyes.

WC: [398]
Total WC: [1724/9625]

Last edited by Dovy on Tue May 26, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Dovy smiled in response to Toshiko request to show him what skills he possessed.

"
"Sure mate. Go ahead and pull out a shuriken er kunai er somthin' and dart it straight between me eyes."

Toshiko looked at him in confusion. Was he serious? Toshiko wasn't going to be the one to doubt his skills or anything, but why would he tell him to do that? Dart a kunai straight for his brain? That was a kill shot, even with a weak one. Toshiko wouldn't want to risk the chance of harming the kid, or anyone for that matter. Him asking for Toshiko to do so must have meant that he had a very powerful trick up his sleeve that would allow him to get out of it unscathed. Would Toshiko take the chance? He figured that he'd have to have faith in the boy's abilities. He knew nothing about what he could do, so to assume that he wouldn't be able to live up to his expectations would be underestimation. Toshiko wouldn't put the boy down before he got the chance to showcase his skill, so he would comply. a smile came across his face as he spoke.

"Sure, i'll do what you ask. Let's see what you're made of."

Toshiko reached in the right hand pocket of his black jumpsuit, pulling out an E rank kunai that he'd been given from his sensei upon initially graduating from the ninja academy. It was weak as all hell, did little to no damage. It Dovy didn't manage to block, this kunai wouldn't hurt him as bad as it would if Toshiko used a kunai a few ranks higher. Toshiko focused his eyes upon the target, the center of Dovy's eyes. He'd have to hold himself back a bit. He sighed, focused his aim, and threw the kunai at a corner of his strength, greatly decreasing it's initial speed. It would head directly for the center of Dovy's forehead, the top of the brain. Would he be able to deflect?

1500/1500 Fuuton Learned

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Dovy prepared his move for the few seconds that he had. Toshiko seemed hesitant to do what he asked of him, which made sense since a shot from a Jounin like him would probably result in an immediate death--which was the point. Hopefully he'd get a kick out of it or be at least some what impressed by Dovy's talent.

"Sure, i'll do what you ask. Let's see what you're made of."

Toshiko pulled out his kunai and modestly threw it for the sake of not murdering the boy in case something went wrong. Dovy smiled as the incoming projectile flew closer to his face. He didn't have to do much. he just stood their with his eyes closed and waited... *SPLASH*

The kunai went straight through Dovy's liquified head and darted way behind him onto the floor. His face turned watery blue and rippled like a puddle hit by a rock and then morphed back into a solid state. Dovy opened his eyes, "TAADAA!" he shouted enthusiastically with his arms up in the air. "That's a lil' somethin' that I can do, so I guess you could say I'm made of water." he added. Dovy took off his backpack and reached into it for his handy kanteen. "We Hozuki are known as the wet folk back at the Shide'. Once I get stronger, I'll be able ta do that with me whole body!" he explained as he dug through his bag. Dovy pulled out his bottle and licked his lips as he opened the kanteen. He chugged about a fourth of it with loud and dense gulps. "Ahh." he let out while wiping his mouth. "Only thing is, its gets me more thirsty than a sailor on a saturday morning." he joked.

''Oy, would ye be alright if we had ourselves a quick spar? I've got me plenty of time. What say ye? I feel like I could learn a lot from ye." Dovy asked. He was already warmed up to Toshiko company and felt energetic enough to train. Hopefully he could get a glimpse of some of his anticipated senjutsu tricks.

WC: [353]
Total WC: [2077/9625]

Hydration Points: 13

Jutsu Used:

Last edited by Dovy on Tue May 26, 2015 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Toshiko watched on after throwing his kunai in anticipation. What would happen? He sure hoped that his efforts to keep Dovy safe just in case anything went awry wouldn't be in vein. He couldn't wait to see the trick that Dovy had up his sleeve. As the kunai went flying for Dovy, he closed his eyes. Was he sure that was a good idea? Toshiko became overwhelmed with worry for the boy's safety, He took a step forward, beginning to move to help the boy. Almost out of nowhere, Dovy's head would literally turn into water as the kunai flew directly through, causing a loud splash to echo throughout the area. The kunai kept flying, landing in the ground and then sticking into it. The water kept the form of his face, began to ripple, and then brought him back into his solid form. It was crazy. Something that Toshiko hadn't ever seen before. He stared in awe as Dovy opened his eyes and then threw his arms up into the air before yelling with joy.

"TAADAA!"

"That's a lil' somethin' that I can do, so I guess you could say I'm made of water."

Toshiko kept his look of shock for a few moments more, but then subsided it as a smile came across his face.

"Wow. That's quite something. You learn something new every day don't ya. I've never seen a power like that. You seemed to be like a pretty skilled ninja."

We Hozuki are known as the wet folk back at the Shide'. Once I get stronger, I'll be able ta do that with me whole body!"

It was crazy. He could turn his entire body into liquefied water? There were some clans out there that had abilities that could even make The hokage's jaw drop with surpise. Dovy was a very lucky one to be born of a clan that provided him with such a power. Dovy dug through his back, pulling out a water bottle. He began chugging the water bottle repetitively.

"Only thing is, its gets me more thirsty than a sailor on a saturday morning."

Toshiko would figure as much. Any power that was able to turn his body into complete liquid would leave him a bit depleted of hydration. A costly technique but one that would be capable of allowing him to get out of some tough situations.

''Oy, would ye be alright if we had ourselves a quick spar? I've got me plenty of time. What say ye? I feel like I could learn a lot from ye."

Toshiko was flattered by that. He could get to liking this kid very much. He had no problem with helping him out in any way.

"Sure, but maybe you and i could teach each other. If you want to train, Let's start with a spar. You show me what you can do, and then i'll show you the full extent of my techniques"

Word Count: 500

500/3000

Fuuton D-C Rank

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Dovy was very happy that Toshiko was impressed with his natural ability. Being a Konoha native, he was the perfect audience member to see this watery feat. Most Kirigakure ninja wouldn't have been as surprised as him by the wet folk. Its likely that they would have probably been tired of seeing another old water element technique, so Dovy was energized by the complements of the foreign ninja.

"Sure, but maybe you and i could teach each other. If you want to train, Let's start with a spar. You show me what you can do, and then i'll show you the full extent of my techniques" Toshiko responded.

Dovy clenched his fist and pumped it with enthusiasm, "Oy! Great! Let's go fer it!" he responded cheerfully. Dovy took a few more loud gulps out of his kanteen while he picked up his backpack by the strap. He then followed by closing the kanteen, dropping it into the bag, and then carefully lobbing the bag to the side and out of his way. "Alright." Dovy said and turned toward Toshiko. "Let's show each other what we can do, eh?" he added.

Dovy immediately reached into the side pocket of his shorts to draw a Metsubishi. He then quickly pulled it out and threw it forward in one solid motion. He knew it was probably nothing that the Jounin couldn't handle, but Dovy just wanted to showcase his moves and strategies, knowing that Toshiko would probably do the same. As the ball of iron shavings, powdered glass, ash and chili powders began to unravel and take the form of a thick cloud, Dovy quickly took in a massive breath. He ducked down and shouted "Fūton: Daitoppa!" Dovy's shirt flapped in the intense burst of wind as it came from behind him and flew toward Toshiko's direction, pushing forward and mixing together all of the scrap from his Metsubishi in the wind. Not only would this potentially push back Toshiko, but it would also increase the range of the small particles. He hoped it would get caught all through out his clothes to irritate and distract him rather than hurt him.

Hydration Points: 15/15
Chakra: 135/150

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

WC: [358]
Total WC: [2435]
Training All Stats E>D3: [2435/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Dovy took no longer to showcase his abilities. They were already at about a 10 meter distance from one another, but that would make no difference in the next move Dovy would take. He would quickly reach in his pocket, pulling out what at first was simply an unidentifiable object. As Toshiko a closer look at it, he realized what it was. Metsubishi. An item foreign to Toshiko until it was used on him by his opponent sero in the chuunin exams. Toshiko made no abrupt movements, but simply kept his eyes on the item within Dovy's hand. He knew the effects it could have upon him. He watched as the metsubishi exploded into a dark, thick cloud of various substances that would be enough to blind multiple men for a long time. To his knowledge, Metsubishi were made of shredded glass, chilli powder, sand, ash, and about anything else that would cause great irritation the skin and the eyes. Dovy would then duck as he inhaled deeply, and then spoke a few words.

"Fūton: Daitoppa!"

After speaking the words, a giant gasp of wind came around from behind Dovy, heading directly into the cloud of metsubishi and heading directly for Toshiko. What was this technique that Dovy had used? Toshiko had absolutely not clue. What was fuuton? It had to be a release of some sort, but one that Toshiko hadn't ever heard of. He had no time to fight out. He'd have to react right away. The metsubishi was clearing the 10 meter distance quickly. He'd have to react. He quickly inhaled, Allowing two separate flows of katon chakra into his mouth and then through his lungs. He quickly exhaled, using the misty flame dance, and then jumping back as He fired great fireball jutsu simultaneously. The two jutsus seemingly collided with one another, Flowing through and increasing the size of the great fireball. It would head directly towards Dovy at great speeds. Hopefully the technique would be enough to graze the opponent. This was all Toshiko could do for now, as long as he was holding back on his young opponent.

Spoiler:

Word Count: 359

859/3000

Fuuton D-C Rank

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Dovy would soon notice that his opponent wouldn't hesitate to counter attack, and that his original plan was about to totally back fire--literally. Every scrap blown in the wind was completely incinerated by Toshiko's great fireball, and his air-blown attack fueled its strength even more. The fireball raced forward quickly, almost too quickly for Dovy to handle at such a close distance. Nervously, he leaped backwards and did perhaps the only thing he could do. "Suiton: Mizurappa!" he shouted. Just as the flames were just about close enough to kiss him, with the burning of his exposed skin with the same sensation of a hand held over a candle for too long, he spewed a waterfall blast of water directly in front of him. This was done to not only dose the fire out, but to push the boy further back with his leap away from the fire.

A loud *hiss* erupted as the collision of the two elements gave birth to a massive puff of steam and smoke that clogged the once beautiful and sunny atmosphere in the open space. *THUMP* Dovy fell on his back and slid on the wet grass. Immediately, he began to use the extra momentum to roll on the floor in hopes that it would cool down his body. As he came to a slow stop, he looked up and could only see smoke since it was way too thick for the boy to through it. "Bloody hell..." Dovy said as he lifted himself up with his hand on his back. "That's a good start." he added.

Dovy began to ponder about his next move while the smoke slowly began to blow way. Firing a long ranged attack would not guarantee a hit with Dovy's accuracy and the obstruction of the smoke, so rather than following with an immediate attack, he quickly reached into to his back pocket and picked out a prewritten scroll. "Han'yō Fūin no Jutsu" and just like that a poof of smoke released around Dovy's right hand, and he was then gripping onto his good ol' rusty cutlass. It was really there just to make him feel more confident, because he wasn't sure what Toshiko could have been doing on the other side. Plus, he knew that he had to take it easy with his chakra as he was already using so much so soon. He only hoped that he was prepared enough for what could've been next.

Chakra: 115/150

Jutsu Used:

Items Used:

WC: [407]
Total WC: [2842]
Training All Stats E>D3: [2842/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
[center]"Suiton: Mizurappa!"

That was the only sense that Toshiko had of knowing what would be to occur next. his massive fireball was already blocking his view enough, when it combined with the misty flame jutsu it practically doubled in size, and then when met with Dovy's wind enhanced cloud of metsubishi it increased in length even more. Toshiko was worried for Dovy's safety for a moment due to how the fireball was literally of a size so great it covered about five percent of the entire grounds they were fighting in. Toshiko's entire front view had been blocked by that of the site of the fireball, as well as the immense heat from it that made him sweat greatly upon initially firing it. Once he heard the words spoken by his companion, he smiled. Suiton. He was using water release as he had done earlier. All that Toshiko would witness next was the sound of the sizzle that came in tact when immense flames met water, and then the smoke and steam that would emerge after the impact. After a few moments, the smoke would begin to disperse. Was Dovy okay? Toshiko had no way of knowing for sure until he actually managed to see past the large smoke cloud. It was beginning to fade, but it still wasn't completely clear vision wise.

He could see him after a few moments, and saw a cutlass in his hands. He smiled, unsheathing his tanto and running towards him full speed, once he was at point blank range, he would aim the tanto at Dovy's cutlass blade in his hands, attempting to clash the two.[center]

Word Count: 278

1137/3000

Fuuton D-C Rank

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
The gap between Dovy and Toshiko was nothing but a massive burned crater caused by the scorching blast of the great fireball. The smell in the air was that of grass, flames, and chili powder fumes that made his nose itch. Dovy's body felt uneasy. He was out of breath and quickly cutting through about a third of his chakra, and they were only a single attack in. The strength of his opponent was overwhelming, but he was still eager to see that senjutsu technique that Toshiko spoke of, so much that he was willing to risk his safety by sparing with an upper ranked ninja. The battle was just beginning, and Dovy was starting to already feel his fatigue creeping up on him, but he was ready to challenge himself and learn from the training experience.

The smoke cleared, and Dovy could finally see Toshiko standing in his line of sight, smiling. He was not holding back nearly as much as Dovy was anticipating him to. That last fireball was the biggest he had seen yet, and it could've sent him straight to the hospital had he not had the extra push. Perhaps there would be many more sink or swim situations to come in this fight.

Toshiko unsheathed some sort of short blade weapon and took charge toward Dovy at a speed that he couldn't discern with his lower rank reaction time. In Dovy's eyes, Toshiko charged at him like a cheetah, giving the boy almost no time to plan. Dovy dug his feet into the ground and found his center of balance. He gipped both of his hands onto the handle of the cutlass and squeezed with all of his might as he prepared for impact. Dovy lifted his blade up in a horizontal defensive position, and Toshiko clashed it with his Tanto.

The strength of his opponent was far beyond the strength of the young lad and the force of the attack knocked the boy back. His feet were thrown completely off of the floor, and his blade flew out his grip and onto the grass on his far right. Dovy flew backwards from the  impact that hit him, and his wrist ached as if he had just punched a brick wall with it. After he landed on the floor with his back, in his right hand he called upon the wind to form small blades in his fingertips. He looked up, seeing Toshiko just a bit less than 6 meters away standing above and in front of him. He felt hesitant to execute another jutsu, but in that moment the boy knew it was the only way for him to keep up with the higher ranked ninja. "Fūton: Kiritateru!" he shouted. Dovy slung his arm forward at Toshiko, and all of the small blades of wind in his fingertips combined together to create a large blade of air that slashed at the Jounin.

The force of the wind gave Dovy a little push back, and he slid on the wet grass just enough to give him the momentum to recover back up. It was in that moment that he had a shocking realization: a Fuuton technique was truly a poor decision to make against this opponent. Nervously, he began rushing out of the way in the opposite direction to be out of the way in case of another fire-type attack. Every other step was a sore limp. Dovy was beginning to really lose his breath, and he needed a moment to get himself back together. It was time to show Toshiko one of Kirigakure's trademark water techniques. Dovy took a deep breath and exhaled. "Suiton: Kirigakure no Jutsu" Slowly mist began to creep out of the boy's mouth, and the humid moisture in the air of Kirigakure together formed to create a thick mist that covered the training grounds they stood on.

The boy continued to run as the mist began to form, hoping that his foolish mistake would not create another flaming catastrophe. He quickly came to a stop and turned around, looking to see what would happen next. He only hoped that the mist would successfully hide him, otherwise the whole technique would simply be a complete waste of chakra.

Chakra: 85/150

Jutsu Used:

WC: [707]
Total WC: [3549]
Training All Stats E>D3: [3549/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Toshiko succeeded in clashing his tanto with Dovy's cutlass. The force behind his blow was immense, seemingly too much for Dovy to handle. He force literally knocked the cutlass from the tight grasp in his palms and knocked meters away to the right stabbing itself into the grass that lay upon the ground. He was literally knocked off of his feet, He went flying backwards, landing on the ground about 6 meters away disgruntled and seemingly left unaware after the clash. Toshiko stopped himself after realizing that he'd gone a bit too into it. Even though he didn't want to, he'd have to hold back against the genin. He was a bit stronger than him, and didn't want to hurt him at all. He simply didn't enjoy holding back against any opponent cause he felt it to be an act of disrespect. Despite that, If It would benefit Dovy for him to disdain his fighting urge and keep himself restrained, then that was what he would do. He calmed himself a bit, sheathing his Tanto and staring on towards Dovy.

"Fūton: Kiritateru!"

Futon. After observing Dovy For the Duration of their fight, He knew that Futon meant wind release, and that couldn't be good. After hearing the words, Dovy would sling his hand forward, bringing up a blast of wind with it. As Dovy Did so, Toshiko simultaneously dashed to the right, moving out of the length of the blast completely. He moved back around the blast, so that Dovy was in fronto f his line of sight. He could see Dovy running with his back turned to him nervously, as though he was expecting another immense fire barrage from Toshiko. Toshiko knew that he couldn't do that as it would probably end up taking Dovy's life, but he'd use this to teach Dovy a little lesson in fighting that he learned from his own sensei back when he was a genin. He ran at full speed, closing the distance between himself and dovy but left a 3 meter distance between the two. As he closed up the distance between them he channeled his chakra into three different spear shaped levels of chakra. having one hovering upon each shoulder, and then one hovering above his head. As Dovy Turned around and fired his mist technique that Toshiko knew a bit too well, Toshiko smiled, firing all three of the lightning javelins directly towards Dovy from point blank range.

Spoiler:

Word Count: 419

1556/3000

Fuuton D-C Rank

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Toshiko's speed was far beyond Dovy's. Before he even knew it, Toshiko completely dodged his wind attack and caught up to him as Dovy tried to run away. As he turned, he saw the ninja coming toward him with what appeared to be three spear shaped bolts of lighting hovering above him. Dovy stood there like a frightened child, because what was in front of him was his biggest fear. Every hair in his body shot up to the sound of the satic. Hesitant to move out the way as fast possible, the water-bodied boy leaped to the right and screamed, "Fūton: Nagare!!" A stream of air escaped his mouth to help him accelerate his movement further, but he was just too late. One of the bolts lodged into Dovy's right leg and sent massive shock waves throughout his entire frail and liquid body.

"Gah!" Dovy fell onto the ground, he was totally paralyzed. Not only was it his greatest fear, but also his greatest weakness. Should even an E-Rank lighting technique strike the boy, it will also send him into a semi-liquid state as he bares with the pain. His eyes were slammed shut, and his face was buried into the ground. His hands squeezed the grass as he got through the pain, and he slowly began to open his watery eyes up.

Dovy definitely did not expect such a type of jutsu arise since it was not as common in the mist. As his muscles slowly began to wake up again, Dovy let out a large sigh. He knew not to be too disappointed in himself since he certainly outmatched, but still the whole ordeal was pretty embarrassing. He began to wiggle his shoulders and start to wake up the muscles in his body. Luckily he wasn't on the battlefield. Dovy would've been absolutely screwed if this would have been an actual mission. It made him a bit concerned now, and he learned that he now desperately needed to make some kind of protection from these types of attacks.

He rolled his body onto his back and laid there as he waited for the rest of his nerves to cooperate again. "Well, looks like ye found me sweet spot mate." Dovy said in a way that he hoped wouldn't make Toshiko feel too bad. After all, he asked for it. "Yer really on another level. I thought I was good, but it looks like I've got me a long way to go, huh." Dovy used his arms and his back with as much strength as he could to sit himself upright. As he managed to lift his back up, he slouched with his hands resting at his side. The boy was sweaty, out of breath, slightly burned in the leg, and he looked like a total mess."How about we take 10 an have ourselves a round 2? What do ye think?" the boy added with a smile. Finally, his body began to return back into a more normal, solid state. He waited for Toshiko's response.

Chakra: 75/150

Jutsu Used:

WC: [508]
Total WC: [4057]
Training All Stats E>D3: [4057/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
As Toshiko fired his jutsu, Dovy would retaliate just as Toshiko expected him to. he didn't think that the jutsu would have been that much to handle, but would Dovy be able to counter it? It was up to him.

"Fūton: Nagare!!"

A stream of air flew out from his mouth, sending him back. His attempt was to get himself moving out of the way so that he wouldn't have to deal with the after effects of the attack. It didn't work. the lightning javelins caught up simultaneously, Lodging into his right leg and sending various shock waves through his body. Was that the farthest that Toshiko could go? He'd exceeded his limits accidentally once more, but he couldn't slip up like that. He'd almost forgotten Dovy's capabilities of his clan. He gagged and fell the the ground, half liquid and completely paralyzed. Face first into the ground . He slowly began to came to, rolling over and allowing his nerves to come to.

"Well, looks like ye found me sweet spot mate."

He was still okay after all of that? Toshiko smiled as he sheathed his tanto and placed it back in his pocket. This kid was more than he possibly could have imagined. the majority of those who'd he'd met in kirigakure had skills that exceeded his own plan of thoughts and existence. Toshiko paid great attention to the damage he'd done to Dovy. It made him feel kinda bad until he realized that Dovy was fully capable of handling it. He watched as dovy slowly sat himself up as his nerves came to and his body returned to a normal solid state. He was rugged. A burn on his leg where the lightning javelin had hit, and sweat drenching his entire body. He looked kinda messed up, but the fact that he was able to persevere brought a smile to Toshiko's face.

."How about we take 10 an have ourselves a round 2? What do ye think?"

Ready for a round two? It'd be a challenge that Toshiko would have no problem with taking. Dovy was a fun opponent, but there was something that he wanted to learn from him.

"Sure we can go for a round two, but before i'd like your help with something. You know those techniques you've been using? what do you call them.... Fuuton? You think you could teach me? If so, follow me! We can carry this training session on to somewhere where we'll have no restrictions!"

Toshiko nodded to his new found friend from the village of kirigakure, and then started slowly jogging out of the training grounds and towards an opening in the trees, hoping that his friend would follow him. He was incredibly fascinated with fuuton, and if dovy were to teach him there'd be nothing better than that.

Word Count: 487

2043/3000 Fuuton D-C

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
"Sure we can go for a round two, but before i'd like your help with something. You know those techniques you've been using? what do you call them.... Fuuton? You think you could teach me?

Dovy looked very surprised. This guy wanted to learn from him? He just got his arse wooped! If anything, Dovy felt like he should've of asked him for mentorship; however, Toshiko was clearly interested in the Wind Element, which is generally the most rare of the five. Dovy felt humble and more than happy to help. Perhaps in the future this new friend would repay him if ever he needed a hand in Konohagakure. Really, he just wanted to spend more time training with this new ninja. It was actually pretty exiting for the boy.

"...If so, follow me! We can carry this training session on to somewhere where we'll have no restrictions!"

The mist began to clear, and Dovy looked up at the bright sky to check the time of day. Not much time had passed at all during their quick burst of a brawl. Only a few minutes passed, really. He smiled when he realized that he had plenty more hours to spend with Toshiko. His legs and his feet were finally responsive again, and he could begin to wiggle his toes underneath his shoes. Carefully, Dovy lifted himself, feeling all of the blood rushing from his head. He balanced himself upright, stretched his body, and gave himself a good shake.

"Oy, sure thing. I'm ready. Let's go!" Dovy responded. As Toshiko, began to jog outside of the training grounds, Dovy quickly jogged over to backpack, grabbed it, and threw it over his small shoulders. All of his books arched his back and made him stand more upright, almost leaning back. Dovy reminded himself to remember and record todays events into his journal when he had the chance. There was definitely tons to write about.

He reached back into it to recover his canteen. Good god he was thirsty. Dovy emptied about half of the water in it, most of which he just used to pour on his face. For a Hozuki, the taste of water after a sweaty fight was like drinking the water of the gods. It was a an experience like no other that refreshened the entire body. If there were a lake nearby, he'd probably hop right into it fully clothed. With this moment of hydration, the boy's energy began to return, though the pain in his leg lingered. It was a burning sensation that he knew he had to treat later when he gets the chance.

Dovy shook his hair like a wet dog and began to run over to Toshiko and catch up with him. His running was awkward and limpy as he was recovering from the shock earlier. To be honest, he was quite relieved that their spar evolved into a training session. He wasn't quite ready for another beating yet, so the opportunity to teach Toshiko Fuuton would definitely be a good break for the boy. He followed Toshiko into the new area he was leading him.

WC: [522]
Total WC: [4579]
Training All Stats E>D3: [4579/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
"Oy, sure thing. I'm ready. Let's go!"

Toshiko would listen to dovy's words of compliance as he Began to run in the other direction and towards the exit of the training grounds. He would have to chance up the area a little bit. The one they were currently was simply too damaged from the outcome of their fight. Toshiko had really managed to put some harm on the area. He wasn't too good on this whole holding back thing. It was one of the many things that he'd have to work on if he wanted to be a successful ninja. Despite his rather harsh and unexpected training methods, Dovy managed to get out of his multiple barrages of attacks with only a throbbing wrist and a few burns. The way Toshiko had gone out on him, he would have been completely immobile if not incinerated. That meant one thing. Dovy wasn't the typical genin. He obviously had skills that would ensure his worth as a ninja, and a clan ability that Toshiko had not even heard of and yet it's power was practically immeasurable.

The art of fuuton. Toshiko had seen it before but never knew what it was. He apparently missed that part of the lessons in the academy. It still fascinated him beyond his belief. The different nature abilities that existed were miraculous in his eyes, and he wanted to take his time to learn all that he possibly could. From what had been exhibited by Dovy, It had a plethora of capabilities, some that were the reason that Dovy was still in a somewhat decent shape. Toshiko felt as though he had to learn it for some reason. Like it had some form of power over him. He kept jogging forward with Dovy hopefully following behind him until he made it out into a large entrance in the woods. He walked out into the large space that was surrounded upon it's outer rims by an abundance of trees, turned and waited to see dovy. Once he showed up, he would ask him to begin teaching him.

Word Count: 357

2400/3000 Fuuton D-C

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Toshiko was a little ahead of the boy, but Dovy finally caught up to him, slightly limping on his right leg. That sucker was really starting to turn red now. Luckily it was only a first degree burn, and would surely heal on its own in a few days. Dovy noticed the new area was similar to the last, an open field surrounded by trees without the massive burned crater in the center. The two had their solitude with the exception of the birds that chirped nearby. Dovy took off his bag and dropped it by his side. "So, Fuuton..." he said while looking at the trees. "It's not as fancy as ye think. I think anyone can do it, It just be needin' some practice is all." he added. A soft breeze flowed through and brushed the trees around them. A few leaves broke off and glided with the air. Dovy watched as one of them gently landed on his shoulder. He picked it up with his thumb and index finger and held it in front of him while looking at Toshiko and began to explain.

"Fuuton be one of the five elements a ninja can use. It's sharp, and can be used to slash enemies. Ye can channel it into yer blade an make it even sharper. Fuuton can be used to boost yer speed and help execute movements in the air. It can also be used fer defense. It can blow away projectiles an even knock down enemies." Dovy closed his eyes, channeled his chakra into the leaf, and in the blink of an eye, the leaf split in half right down the center. He opened his fingers up and the two pieces flew away with the wind.

Dovy leaned down and picked up another abandoned leaf petal off of the ground and handed it to Toshiko. "First, to learn this element, ye need to be able to cut this leaf in half. Put yer hands over it like a sandwich an try to send fuuton chakra into it. Remember, think sharp." he said as he gave the leaf to Toshiko. "It may take a while, or maybe not. It all depends on how experienced ye are I guess." Dovy tried his best to be a teacher. He just wasn't ever that great at explaining things because he was much more of an intuitive learner, but he would try his best to answer any specific questions that Toshiko would ask.

WC: [413]
Total WC: [4992]
Training All Stats E>D3: [4992/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
After a few moments, Toshiko saw the young blonde haired boy come up within the opening of the trees that Toshiko had entered from as well, stopping relatively close to toshiko but not at point blank range. There was about 6 meters between the two. Toshiko stopped paying attention to Dovy for a moment to pay attention to his surroundings. He almost couldn't help but notice the beauty shown by the area around him. The trees all with lush, lively leaves. The yellow sun above him erupting it's light across the entirety of the ground and the sky. He smiled as he heard the birds chirp in the background. It was a truly breath taking environment, one that Toshiko had to admire.

He was distracted from his trance as Dovy dropped his backpack to the town. Toshiko blinked, and then stared back towards the young boy who would hopefully be expanding his realms and abilities as a shinobi.

"So, Fuuton...It's not as fancy as ye think. I think anyone can do it, It just be needin' some practice is all."

Toshiko figured as much. Maybe it was hard for the majority of other ninjas to learn, but he wasn't going to lie to himself. He knew that he had a problem with controlling his own chakra. He was somewhat good at nature transformations. Maybe Dovy's words could be taken seriously. Toshiko watched as Dovy picked up one of the fallen leaves from the tree above him, and held it out in front of him so it was clear for Toshiko to see.

"Fuuton be one of the five elements a ninja can use. It's sharp, and can be used to slash enemies. Ye can channel it into yer blade an make it even sharper. Fuuton can be used to boost yer speed and help execute movements in the air. It can also be used fer defense. It can blow away projectiles an even knock down enemies."

By the sounds of it, Fuuton was actually better than Dovy thought it to be. All those capabilities for one singular nature release? He knew that his own nature abilities were capable of a lot, but fuuton was multipurpose. his releases Katon and Raiton were Offense based. Fuuton could be used for a plethora of things, all of which would be useful in battle. He couldn't wait to master it. Toshiko still had no idea of why Dovy showed such interest in the leaf he'd found. He watched as the young boy closed his eyes, and then within the next second the leaf was cut in half. he opened up into the fingers and the two pieces of the leaf flew away into the wind. What had he done? It was amazing to witness.

"First, to learn this element, ye need to be able to cut this leaf in half. Put yer hands over it like a sandwich an try to send fuuton chakra into it. Remember, think sharp."

Dovy would then hand a leaf over to Toshiko after explaining him what to do. It sounded like a challenge, but Toshiko sure hoped he could handle it.

. "It may take a while, or maybe not. It all depends on how experienced ye are I guess."

Toshiko nodded, and then focused himself on the leaf. It was something that he needed to do. He placed both of his hands fully on top of the leaf, and then focused his raw chakra into it. How was he supposed to follow through? He never utilized fuuton chakra before. What if he accidentally made up raiton or katon chakra? No. He wouldn't. He just needed to focus. He thought of the jutsus that dovy had used earlier as the wind blew by, and then changed his chakra signatures accordingly. There was a large gush of wind, and then he felt his chakra move abruptly causing his hands to open swiftly, rasping the leaf in two. Each piece was ragged and looked more like a rough gash than a clean cut, but he'd done it. Toshiko smiled, and jumped up into the air happily.

"Dovy did ya see it?! I did it!! Wooohoo!"

Word Count: 705

3000/3000 Fuuton D-C

C rank Fuuton Learned

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
For as strong as Toshiko was, he was a pretty humble guy. He was very attentive and engaged as Dovy was teaching him about fuuton even though the boy was Genin. Dovy barely knew how train someone in something of his knowledge, so this mini-mentoring would be just as much of a learning experience for him as well. So, he watched as Toshiko prepared to do as instructed. The Jounin was absolutely focused on the task, canceling all distractions from the outside world. Dovy began to wonder how long it would take him to accomplish the first task. Twenty times? Fifteen times? God forbid, he'd lose it if it only took Toshiko ten times. Dovy spent weeks as a younger lad trying to cut through his first leaf, but surely a more experienced ninja could master it in a day.

The exercise began to take Dovy back to the good ol' days when he would set sail at the Shore Shide. Every fisherman would fight over the lad to join their crew. Dovy was not only considered good luck by them, but his wind and water talent would guarantee the return of the absolute heaviest nets of fish back home. With his suiton and fuuton combination there was no storm, sea creature, or whirlpool too tough to ever disrupt his sail. This nostalgic daydreaming invested more into Dovy's dream to be the captain of his own ship someday. Nothing else in life would top the lifestyle of traveling around the ninja world in search of the finest treasure and adventures.

*Crack!* His daydreaming was interrupted. "No way..." he thought to himself as that sound could have only possibly meant one thing. He scrutinized Toshiko's hands carefully as he waited for him to un-sandwhich his hands. Slowly as he lifted up his hands, Dovy's eyes stretched open in surprise. There was the leaf, but it was cut in two. He could not believe it--first try! Sure, the cut was not a perfect slice, but still--first try! Was this just the strength of an elite ninja, or was it just beginners luck? It couldn't be chance, not after experiencing how quick the boy got his beating in their spar earlier. If Toshiko could accomplish this challenge on his initial attempt, was he ready to jump straight to the next portion of the training?

"Dovy did ya see it?! I did it!! Wooohoo!" Toshiko said as he triumphantly jumped in the air. Dovy scratched his damp head as he took the moment to make a reality check---nope, this really happened. He smiled, "Um... well kick me in the crap sack mate, I didn't see that comin'. YE ACTUALLY DID IT ON YER FIRST TRY! I ain't never seen anything like that!!" Dovy proclaimed enthusiastically. He wanted to see more. "OY! let's jump to the next challenge, eh? I thought that was gonna' take ye at least a few hours, but look's like ye'll probably learn this in no time!" Dovy ran over to the closest tree nearby, pulled off about ten thick pieces of bark, and ran back as he held them all by his chest.

"Alight, yer gunna do the same thing, but this time with this bark. It be a lot harder than the leaf, but yer already head of most folk who've tried this. This one will be needin' some extra strength if ye wanna crack this fella in half." Dovy explained. He picked out one of the bark with his right hand and held it in front of him just like the leaf. *CRACK* the piece of wood had a clean split right down the middle. "The trick to this one is to make sure it doesn't fall apart after ye cut, but make sure it splits into just two separate pieces. Good luck." Dovy handed one of the large tree barks to Toshiko, and he put down the rest next to him onto the ground.

WC: [657]
Total WC: [5649]
Training All Stats E>D3: [5649/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Toshiko watched and stopped jumping up frantically in delight as he paid attention to Dovy, who in response scratched his head seemingly confused at the fact that Toshiko had actually managed to slash the leaf in two upon the first try. Hell, Toshiko was just surprised as he was. He was the type to doubt his own capabilities as a ninja. No matter how far he came, no matter who or what he surpassed, he always thought less of himself. The fact that he managed to accomplish such a great nature affinity upon his first try. It wasn't perfect of course, nowhere near it. But the fact that he'd done it was enough for him. It allowed him the chance he needed to boost the positivism in his perception of himself. allowed him to increase his self worth. This was the first step he was taking into becoming a completely well rounded ninja with access to information within all of the possible fields.

"Um... well kick me in the crap sack mate, I didn't see that comin'. YE ACTUALLY DID IT ON YER FIRST TRY! I ain't never seen anything like that!!"

The words that Dovy spoke took Toshiko out of his deep train of thought and his mind back on reality. He smiled over to the young boy as he expressed his disbelief in the situation. Toshiko laughed, closed both of his eyes and placed his hands on the back of his head.

"I'm just as shocked as you are. i never thought i'd be able to pull that off!"

"OY! let's jump to the next challenge, eh? I thought that was gonna' take ye at least a few hours, but look's like ye'll probably learn this in no time!"

Toshiko watched as Dovy ran over to the nearest tree, and then proceeded to rip off a strip of bark from it. His actions were confusing Toshiko completely. What was his angle here? Dovy then proceeded to rip off 9 more pieces of bark from the tree, and then came back towards him with all ten in his hands held up clenched to his chest.

"Alight, yer gunna do the same thing, but this time with this bark. It be a lot harder than the leaf, but yer already head of most folk who've tried this. This one will be needin' some extra strength if ye wanna crack this fella in half."

As he finished explaining, he placed his hand upon one of the pieces of bark that he'd ripped from the tree, and then stared at it focusing himself. Instantaneously, the bark was split in two directly down the middle. Toshiko stared in awe of Dovy's evident control over his fuuton chakra. He must have been more skilled with it that Toshiko originally believed. the bark was twice as thick as the leaf, and he made diminishing the bark into two halves of it's former self look easier than it actually was.

"The trick to this one is to make sure it doesn't fall apart after ye cut, but make sure it splits into just two separate pieces. Good luck."

Dovy would then reach out and hand Toshiko a piece of bark, To which he gleefully received, placing it within both of his hands. He then took his right hand, and cupped it on top of the piece of bark as his left hand held the bottom part of it. He'd done it once. Was that enough to ensure that this time it'd work? He had no clue. The first attempt success still seemed to be somewhat luck based. Oh well. As long as he could summon up the fuuton chakra once more, he should've been okay to try again. he focused himself and his chakra upon the bark, keeping his connection to the nature affinity of wind in tact. He sat there for several moments gathering up his chakra, and then in one large burst unleashed it. There was a large gust of wind as the flow of wind chakra went through the bark, slicing into it and leaving a mark upon it's center. Toshiko grimaced, and the skin within his palm turned red with pain from the slice. It wasn't enough to cut through skin, but there was a bit of force behind it. Despite that truth, it still hadn't been enough to get all the way through the piece of bark. What had he done wrong? He had no clue of the answer to said question, but figured the only way to better his skill was to try again.

he cupped both of his hands over it, gripping upon it firmly, and forcing his chakra into his palms. After a few moments of doing so, he focused his fuuton chakra into his palms, and then unleashed it in one full burst of wind. It completely cut through the bark, allowing both pieces of the former wood to escape from his hands with the burst of wind and then fall onto the ground. Toshiko smiled and then stared at Dovy.

"Well, am i getting good at it?"

Word Count: 871

Endurance B-0-B-1 700/700

Endurance B-1-B-2 171/800

Tako Hōzuki

Tako Hōzuki

D-rank
Toshiko took the bark and sandwiched it in between his palms as he did earlier. There was a brief moment of silence while the Jounin prepared his attempt at cutting the bark. Dovy was very curious to see how this would play out. After seeing Toshiko cut the leaf on his first try, he had plenty of faith that he would quickly learn to use wind nature with ease. Although this next exercise was more challenging than the last one, Dovy had a feeling that his new friend would nail it in no time. He stood there patiently, knowing to let Toshiko take his time. Suddenly, a change in the air occurred. Dovy could tell that this was the wind ready to cut the bark, but he also recognized that it was almost a bit too much power. Making this mistake once before when he too first learned fuuton, he knew what to expect. Dovy looked at Toshiko's face and noticed that he gave a disturbing expression. He seemed to be experiencing some incredibly uncomfortable pain in his hands. Toshkio opened his palms, and the bark was only slightly marked in the center.

"Oy, no worries." Dovy said. "That's still impressive! Most people only cut themselves without even markin' the bugger. Ye need to be able to add a bit more power and then focus it into one line. If ye spread it out too much, the power'll be diluted. Give it another try, ye almost got it mate!" Dovy added as encouragement. Toshiko was very close to learning fuuton, and Dovy knew that this ninja would be able to utilize this style very soon.

Dovy looked up at the sky and noticed the sun was close to its peak. He still had plenty of time. As Toshiko was preparing his second attempt, Dovy noticed something---his cutlass! He totally left it behind. The kid knew he had to go back for it, but he was too lazy to jog all the way back to pick up the blade. So, rather than leaving his spot he pulled out another scroll from his backpack, sat down, and closed his eyes. "Han'yō Fūin no Jutsu..." and in an instant, *Poof!* the blade was back in his grip. It may have been a waste of chakra, but definitely not a waste of time. He sat comfortably in the soggy grass as he waited for Toshiko's next attempt. Dovy pulled out a kunai and began to sharpen his cutlass as quietly as he could to avoid distracting Toshiko. His blade was so incredibly beat up and rusty, he couldn't wait to forge himself a better one when he finds the time.

Suddenly, Dovy could feel it again. There was that slight breeze that told him Toshiko was now going for the cut. *Crack!* Dovy raised his eyebrow. He put down his blade and stood himself up to see how Toshiko did. His friend revealed the bark by opening up his hands, and upon inspection, Dovy saw that he did it! The bark was cut into two! Like the leaf, the split was a bit messy, and there were some crumbs left behind from the cut, but non the less, Toshiko nailed the exercise. "Nice!" Dovy proclaimed with a fist pump. "Well, am i getting good at it?" Toshiko asked. He was clearly connected to the element. There was something very natural for him when it came to learning this nature transformation. "Absolutely! If ye keep this up and practice this exercise, ye'll be using fuuton techniques in no time! As ye get better, just try to cut objects that are thicker and thicker! Eventually ye'll be able to even cut through one of these trees here!" Dovy told him.

At this point, he didn't know where to go with the training exercises. Dovy gave Toshiko everything that he knew for the Jounin to be able to self-teach himself from here on out. "Do you have any more questions?" he asked. Perhaps he could give one last piece of advice if needed. At this point, Dovy's leg was beginning to feel much better. Also, his body felt loose and and back to normal again. He was ready for one more spar. Dovy looked up at the sky. "I'll think I have to head out perty soon, would ye be wantin' to have one more fight now after yer fuuton training? I still got me plenty of energy!" Dovy asked enthusiastically. Dovy didn't want to end his time with his new friend, but he knew that he had to move along soon. Hopefully Toshiko would still be up for one more quick spar.

Chakra: 70/150

WC: [776]
Total WC: [6425]
Training All Stats E>D3: [6425/9625]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Toshiko watched his new young friend as he threw his fist into the air with excitementover Toshiko managing to break the piece of bark in half while utilizing his fuuton chakra. Toshiko had no idea it would be this easy, and it probably wasn't for most individuals. For some reason, he felt as though he'd known fuuton already, as he adapted to it so easily. he smiled upon realizing that he'd managed to learn it so soon. know all that was left to do was to master it.

"Absolutely! If ye keep this up and practice this exercise, ye'll be using fuuton techniques in no time! As ye get better, just try to cut objects that are thicker and thicker! Eventually ye'll be able to even cut through one of these trees here!"

Hopefully Dovy was right. Toshiko already showed a natural connection to the affinity itself and control over it, all that was left was to learn and utilize the techniques that could be acquired by it. Cutting through objects thicker and thicker? The power of fuuton was capable of cutting through entire trees? That was an intense power, one that Toshiko knew he'd simply have to acquire to completely enhance his ninja skill in that day and age.

"I'll think I have to head out perty soon, would ye be wantin' to have one more fight now after yer fuuton training? I still got me plenty of energy!"

Toshiko smiled at the promise of another long lasting spar between the two. He was glad that he hadn't held back on Dovy. Him going all out on Dovy showed him that he was no joke as a ninja. if he could take a barrage of attacks from a ninja of two ranks higher, there was no telling what he could do after a bit of training. He was truly promising, and Toshiko would be glad to face him again. He began laughing, and then stared at his new friend. The ordeals between the two was more of a training than just simple sparring. Toshiko then knew what would be coming up next. He wanted Dovy to make the first move. he unsheathed his tanto moving his left arm to grab it at full speed in an attempt to somewhat intimidate Dovy, glaring at him as he did so.

"Well well Dovy. Show me everything you got. I don't want you going easy now! You gimme your hundred percent and i'll do the same okay? Now....

Hit me!"

Word Count: 428

Endurance B-1-B-2 599/800

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.