You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa had once more left the village after being promoted to Special Jounin. He had managed to evade his guards that he believed were not there to actually protect him but cause more of an accident to happen to him eventually. Risu had opened his eyes to the corruption that had only recently taken his fathers life. So now he was going to prepare himself. He was going to learn the sword somehow. He had always had a weakness at close range but with the right weapon in hand and the skill to use it he was sure he could take down the threat after his life. And claim justice or vengeance against his uncle and Enaka. In this case Justice would come some where under vengeance. He would find proof and then with or without help take down the entire organization and anyone protecting them. His heart was growing darker by the hour. Usually Rippa had been such a gentle soul. A young man running a free clinic in Konoha. Using his medical skills to heal anyone in need. But he had suffered betrayal as he watched his father die slowly only to have it revealed by his best friend that it was likely murder.

So he had quickly purchased an entire back pack of food supplies and made his way to the administration building. The Hokage was out for the moment but that was fine. Instead he left a special scroll. To anyone who did not match a Senju's chakra signature the scroll would look like a letter of thanks for the promotion. However the moment a Senju touched it it would be addressed directly to Sousetsu. It was a risk but he was almost sure that he didn't have any Senju enemies. It read as follows.

Dear Hokage Sama.

Recently it has come to my attention that I may be in danger without further training. I intend to take up the sword and master it but I must do so in seclusion to avoid any distractions. I beg of you to teach me what you know. So that I can grow to better serve Konoha. I will be staying by the waterfall in the small south forest. Bring your guards if you suspect me but I desperately await your teachings.

Please come quickly ~Chi Rippa

And then he was gone into the woods. He raced through them as quietly as possible. He was getting stronger and faster every day. He quickly outmatched the guard tailing him and was gone into the darkness of the forest. That event was two days past. Now his tent was pitched under a large tree to hide from any birds that might be used to search for him. He was entirely unsure of whether or not Sousetsu would even come. Rippa did seem a little cryptic. But for now, He was occupying his time well enough. He had a bundle of sticks next to him all reasonably thick. Branches picked from tree to tree. He sure hoped that didn't anger a Senju, But his mind was elsewhere. He was sitting there in a pair of shorts with no shoes and no shirt. His red coat folded in the tent with the headband stitched into the right shoulder. He only had one Kunai on him and he was using that to slowly carve at the wood. Picturing the swords he had seen in the past and trying to mimick the design. He was getting closeish but each attempt was ending in a crudely shaped sword like stick with a poor grip. He was getting frustrated with it all. So for the moment he set his fifth failed attempt to the side and stabbed his Kunai into the ground. He folded his legs under him and placed his hands on his knee's. He took in a deep breath and smelled the forest. He could smell the pine and the sap. He listened to the water and the bugs buzzing some distance off. He felt the breeze cooled by the waters edge and tasted the freshness of the air. He watched as the water crashed down on the water below. A calm and infinitely flowing river.

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
His shadow followed him as the Senju strolled through the streets of Konaha with the sun kissing his skin as it was held high between the few clouds in the azure blue sky. Another extraordinary day in the village hidden in the leaves but not to his surprise. Sousetsu smiled to those who bowed formally along the side of the streets, clearing from his way in order not to obstruct him. His grin widened as he seen the children look up to him, as if he was a long lost relative that they had missed dearly. He patted a few of their heads as smiles continues to appear all around. Another ninja had rose to Hokage but one that was always kind to the people in Konaha during his journey there. They were not beneath him, they were his equal, his friends, his family. The stoic figure could be seen wearing his black sleeveless jumpsuit under his armour that was emblazoned with the Senju insignia. His unique Hokage coat was vibrant with blue decal instead of the traditional red and a cloth headband that also represented his clan.

"Can we have another story?" called one of the children. It was in his spare time that he would tell stories of his travels during his absence of the Leaf. Many envied the adventures he had embarked upon and they learned from the lessons and meaning behind them. His grin began to fade to a blank face.

"I'm sorry, but I must attend to some matters. I promise I will some other time little ones." he spoke with sincerity.

A loud exertion of sighs could be heard from the mouths of the young before they ran back to their guardians but still kept a smile for Sousetsu to take with him. It saddened the Senju deeply that he did not have time for the people as he had used to but they could understand his predicament. With a short wave to the people he made his way back to the administration building to address the matters in question.

Upon his arrival he had noticed a note that lay on the desk in the open. He noticed the woman behind the desk writing on the stacks of paper that awaited her approvals.

"What is this?" he asked.

"It's just a 'thank you' note from one of the shinobi for his recent promotion." she stopped working in order to answer.

With a nod he took the letter and read its contents.

'Dear Hokage Sama.

Recently it has come to my attention that I may be in danger without further training. I intend to take up the sword and master it but I must do so in seclusion to avoid any distractions. I beg of you to teach me what you know. So that I can grow to better serve Konoha. I will be staying by the waterfall in the small south forest. Bring your guards if you suspect me but I desperately await your teachings.

Please come quickly ~Chi Rippā'

He looked back to the woman behind the desk. Why would she lie? His mind wandered, surely she had read this? Was it possible that this note was meant for Sousetsu and this was a simple charade?  He nodded briefly and took the note, placing it into his inner pocket.

"I will be gone, I'm not sure for how long but proceed as normal during my absence." he assured her that he would return.

He retrieved his blade from his home shortly after before embarking upon another journey to fulfill the request of meeting his past student, Rippā. What danger did he manage to slip into that he needed the Hokage's teachings? Why did Sousetsu feel the need to reach out to him? Was it guilt? Common courtesy? Unable to decline a request for help? All of these accusations could prove a viable answer, maybe even the latter. To the Senju, a leaf shinobi was in danger and as Hokage, he could not ignore this request.

He soon arrived at the small south forest nearing the waterfall as he was informed. It was not long before he witnessed a young man wearing nothing but shorts in the distance, sitting with his legs crossed. The white hair, much like Sousetsu's told him it was the one called for his aid. As he approached he noticed a bundle of sticks fashioned into makeshift swords, some were damaged however. A kunai was dug into the earth before him, maybe this was him calming as his technique was surely flawed. A calm river that crashed off the banks could be heard in the short distance away. The animals sung the songs of the wildlife in an orchestral accompaniment with others. It was serene here. A place that hidden from many, a secluded area. His choice of training grounds were exceptional to say the least. Sousetsu soon vanished and appeared around the piled of sticks, rummaging through them and inspecting the contents.

"These won't do..." he spoke, ignoring the introductions.

"It has been some time, eh Rippā?" he looked up to him, reminiscing on the past.

He stood tall and crossed his arms giving off his stoic appearance once more. His head tilted forward and eyes closed. Two branches exerted from his arm. One from his forearm and another that came straight from his palm to which he held onto.

"These will suffice. We don't have time to waste." he informed Rippā as the branch from his forearm shot down to the earth beside the young man before him.

He had left Rippā way back then. The squad had disbanded as the Senju left and began his journeys, something a Sensei should never do. There was no question in training Rippā, he was obliged to. He owed him that at least. This was his apology and he could only hope that he would accept that.

Words: 986

Jutsu:

Chakra: 345/370

Last edited by Sousetsu Senju on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa had remained motionless for some time finding his center. The forest itself was very calming and that was something he needed considering the recent events. He needed to escape it all for a time until he could come back prepared to face off against his enemy. Itami had never been known to be much of a fighter as far as he knew but the men that Itami hired as guards had always seemed a little dangerous to Rippa. Something about all of them seemed a little off like an animal that had gone to feral. Perhaps it was in their eyes or just they way they moved. But he could sense something bad about them. And then there was Enaka. He had heard plenty of legends about the man. If half of them were true then Rippa was truly not prepared to face off against such a person. He would be wiped out within seconds. But that was why he had secluded himself in such a way so far from the village. That was why he was being so secretive. If he had the ability to give himself more time then so be it. He would try and prepare for his own private war. And in the end after he found evidence he would kill them. His father deserved that kind of justice anyway.

But that was far from his only reasoning. Risu had mentioned that Enaka had extensive documents on his clans blood disease. The notes might not have anything new but they might also hold the answer to ending the genetic mutation that claimed the lives of so many of his clan. All three branches suffered from it. And if those notes held the answer then it was his duty to his clan and himself to seek them out at all costs. So he would approach this like a task set before him. He would prepare the tools and get the proper allies and then attack at the best spot. Cut the spoiled flesh from the rest of the healthy body of Konoha. He only hoped that when he was done that there was enough of the healthy body left to recover completely. There was a chance that no one would understand and the evidence would be lost. He would go down in history as the blood king of Konoha that slaughtered some influential people. Including his own uncle. Hell they would probably pin the death of his father on him too. At the very least he wouldn't put that past them.

Still he sensed a shift in the woods. Something shifted from a mere second before. The sound of rustling leaves in the distance, The smell like the tree's but also like a man. He was faster then Rippa could keep up with but not so fast that Rippa couldn't sense him coming. Sky blue eyes shifted to the right to look to where the man stepped. Before he even looked though he knew of only a few people in Konoha faster then him. Half of which wanted to see him hurt. But based on the fact that he wasn't injured yet he would eliminate those from the options. The most likely individual was the one he had invited there himself. And So blue eyes scanned over a white haired man in a coat and a jump suit with a sword attached to his person. He had met the man once before when they were supposed to be in a squad. But that felt like ages ago. The man had abandoned him and the rest of the squad for some unknown reason. And so up until this point Rippa had grown due to his own efforts. Still the voice he heard sounded so new. Had he never heard Sousetsu's voice before? Still Rippa looked as the stick shaped some what like a sword shot into the ground next to him. Refusing to flinch. His own voice returned in a still somewhat warm but soft tone. Still like his bedside manner and comforting.

"What can I say? I was learning by myself for a moment. Nothing new to me there. And yes it has been to long."

He ignored the we don't have time to waste statement as he rose to his feet. It became suddenly apparent that Rippa had taken leaps in physical ability since the squad was first formed. At first he had been a lean and frail boy. But now as Rippa stood it was clear that his body was almost perfectly toned. his muscles rippled but remained thin. His right hand reached out to yank the stick out of the ground. He looked it over for a moment and held it out to feel the balance. Before speaking once more.

"That is a useful talent, producing weapons like that. What is the first lesson Sensei?"

Bukijutsu
D rank 1500/1500
17 WC remaining

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
With his new found weapon, Rippā stood tall with the makeshift sword firmly in his grasp. He remarked upon Sousetsu's ability to produce weapons and claimed it to be useful, which it was to the kenjutsu user in particular.

"What is the first lesson, Sensei?" he asked, ready to take on the task at hand.

Sousetsu turned his head slightly, feeling a little unworthy to be called such by the young man before him. He looked down at his own makeshift weapon, the wood was refined and resembled a wooden kendo sword although it felt somewhat denser. The weight was tuned to that of his own blade but of course the feel and material was completely different. He skillfully swung the sword without moving his body much to test out the speed in which he was accustomed to was manageable, and it was. He loosely held the weapon and looked at his new found student for the training to commence, but lessons must be addressed first of all of course.

"I would like to apologize for not being there..." he spoke solemnly as he closed his eyes and tilted his head forward slightly.

"I will not try to justify that with reasoning, but I can only hope this training will make up for the past." His words laced with apologetic meaning behind them. He opened his eyes once more and looked back to the Chi clan member and gave off a rather stern expression.

"To be effective, a kenjutsu strike or counter-strike is a composition of several techniques: feigning, cutting, jabbing, thrusting, parrying or binding, footwork, choice of weapon, and even knowing the opponents weapon." he continued, explaining how the art of kenjutsu, his own specific bukijutsu sub-specialty was carried out.

"Cutting, jabbing, and thrusting techniques must be all preceded by a feint. The defender can easily parry a strong attack, due to the telegraphing momentum behind the attacker's weapon. Therefore, a strong cutting technique can easily receive a deadly cut across the sword hand or forearm." Sousetsu looked down at his free hand. Bandages were often wore around both hands and along the forearm which hid the many scars during his quarrels in the past. He knew all too well of the consequences of a duel with those with similar abilities.

He vanished, and with his wooden kendo-like sword he attacked the young mans forearm as he reappeared, knocking the wooden blade from his grasp. He may have been too rough in the process but he needed the message to be clear. By attacking the forearm that wielded the weapon, the pain would cause the opponent to drop the weapon from reactions. Disarming the opponent was key in bukijutsu. He returned to his initial point in standing, ignoring an apology that was due, but the training should already be known to be painful and rigorous. He knew that the man before him was a medic which would aid him greatly for a faster learning curve, but could he deal with the pain?

"However... There are some strikes that do not require a preceding subterfuge. These are referred to as "quick strikes". They are done with two hands on the sword. One hand is at the base of the tsuka and the other hand is at the ridge of the blade to provide the initial force to flick the sword as quick as an arrow to hit the target. These postures are hidden and the ready positions are implemented while switching hands or while changing steps. These flicking strikes can be administered from any angle...."

He vanished once again with the wooden weapon already at the young medics neck and Sousetsu to the side. He did not hit him, it was just a demonstration in hopes he would appreciate the lesson with hands on approach. The weapon slowly left Rippā's neck and back to the side of the Senju before he walked back to his initial position once again. He removed his own metal blade and placed it to the side along with his Hokage coat that glimmered with blue decal. Next, he removed the bandages from his forearms, which revealed minor scars from previous confrontations, and his cloth headband, placing them to the side also. He could now be seen wearing only his black sleeveless jumpsuit and sandals as he readied himself for his opponent. He planted his feet firmly upon the earth and held the weapon out before him in a balanced stance, ready to defend and counter at any moment. He simply waited for Rippā to try and understand his words and use them to his advantage.

Words: 1756

Last edited by Sousetsu Senju on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa listened with and watched closely for a moment. He didn't really call the man here for an apology for the past. He really didn't have any abandonment issues with that man in particular. To be perfectly honest he was probably better suited without a squad. His weakness was only going to lead to being his teams downfall eventually. And he didn't want to make anyone he cared for have to choose between dying or killing him. He could hardly live with the idea of having slaughtered his team mates if it ever happened. But he also wasn't one to roll over and die. His blue eyes seemed so cold for a moment. He wasn't as warm as he once was. Something in Rippa was truly angry. But also somewhat sad and very afraid. He was listening to the instructions about sword play from the Hokage with purpose but he was still distracted. Memories played through his head. His father trying to raise him to be a good man. A man who cared about his friends and tried to spare his enemies. His father supporting his want to join the academy even against the protests of the clan. And the eventual betrayal from his asshole of an uncle which led to his fathers death.

And then Sousetsu vanished. Rippa was really good at keeping track of his opponents movements but the only hint he received was the blur of movement right before Sousetsu appeared next to him. Even as trained as he was he had barely tightened the grip on his sword and prepared to move before decisive strike landed across one of his forearms. He grunted from the impact and very nearly dropped his sword. The pain was worse then when that Kunai had stabbed into his gut. He could feel the area where it had smacked the bone. Still he sucked in a breath and let go with his left hand. Carefully flexing and turning it. He could tell nothing was fractured or even sprained. But the power behind it. It wasn't as impressive as the speed. His arm would be fine. Still he glared at Sousetsu for already striking at him. Not gripping or stance techniques. Just straight to striking at him. Damned be it that he was fast enough to do it too. Rippa had no clear way of defending against such a speed difference. So at best he would just have to endure.

Still the man continued on. His lecture was focused on quick strikes and adjusting the hand holds. How power strikes were too easy to predict. How being faster was more likely to actually land a blow. As he spoke Rippa gripped the wooden sword once more and held it up in front of him. He was focused once more. He was waiting for the movement. That split second between them would be when he was to strike. And so he waited for it. He made himself prepare not to hesitate. He would counter the next blow. It was in the moment that he felt most prepared that Sousetsu vanished once more. Rippa attempted to turn his blade and swing but it was to no avail. His swing met nothing as he saw Sousetsu reappear. The wood not two inches from his throat. It was endlessly frustrating that he could not even follow his instructors movements. If only he was faster. Still the other man removed his weapon and stepped back. Shedding his coat and real sword. It would appear that todays lesson might be more then just showing off. Perhaps even stance training.

The man before him took what Rippa assumed was a counter stance. His feet were spread for balance and his weapon was held out before him. Likely for a quick shifting stance. Rippa's mind raced for how to counter such a stance. If he could get within its range he might be able to manipulate it to his advantage. So a plan entered through his mind and he took hold of the sword once more. He took a deep breath through his mouth and let it out through his nose. He examined his opponents stance and then he was moving. He held his sword in both hands and shifted it to the right with the right hand on top and the left hand under it. It appeared as if he was going for a sidways cut using a strange stance for a quick swing. But that was only part of his plan. The moment that Rippa was within striking distance he swung hard. But the tip of his weapon wasn't close enough to actually reach that far. He knew he would be blocked with ease but the moment his swing was pointed at his target tip first his feet shifted and his shoulders squared. He had faked a swing and now he was stepping into Sousetsu's stance at an angle that he would be pushing against Sousetsu's center of gravity. What was once a swing that had come up too short was now a full on thrusting technique. He had already utilized a feint and then targeted the weakness in a stance with all his power and speed. He only hoped that learning a feint so quickly could catch his sensei off guard and just maybe land a hit of his own.

920/3000

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
The wooden blade swung towards him at an angle. Sousetsu's eyes scanned his opponent from the wrists down to his footwork, getting a better understanding of his approach. Rippā seemed to have followed his instructions with a feint to follow up his attack but to the Senju's surprise, his personal space was becoming invaded. Getting this close after a feint would declare the next move to be a thrusting technique. The Senju's feet sprung back before leaping in to greet with the blade, cutting off the distance needed to thrust the blade with much force. With his weapon in hand he made an upwards strike to parry his opponents weapon before hastily cutting down on his forearm once again. After having done so he leaped another few steps away so that they were at a reasonable distance apart of four meters with his blade hanging loosely by his side once again.

"Footwork shall be adapted to terrain and purpose. The correct stride is to be applied to whatever leverage is needed to effectively wield the weapon at hand. The choice of weapon and knowing the opponents' weapons is essential for the choice of right technique and strategy. Knowing the center of gravity of a weapon can help the assessment of its maneuverability and speed, as much as its effects on leverage and kinetic forces."

He thrust his weapon outwards with both arms showing Rippā the distance needed to provide full effect for its use before bringing back before him as he did with his initial stance of the balanced style.

"When parrying, always try to direct the point of the sword to the target. This minimizes the step needed to be able to counter-attack. Thus the opponent is at an immediate disadvantage. Also, using the quick strike at the opponent's sword hand or forearm will immediately incapacitate his attack before having to parry it. A simple rule — to keep the point of the sword pointed to the opponent or at within the area of the gate, while attempting to parry in all angles — will provide a good foundation for appropriate counter-maneuver reflexes."

His lessons spewed from his mouth as if these words should only needed to be heard once. Whoever he taught had to learn quick as he did when he first became a shinobi. He realized that he did not explain the common word 'gate' which was used in Kenjutsu training and spars alike.

"The 'gate' is the opening between two fighters. All attacks must go through this gate to reach the target from any angle. To close or disrupt the gate at the right moment is necessary to deflect incoming attacks."

His head tilted once more. Was any of this getting through to him? He seemed hesitant. His mind clouded. The sun continued to kiss them and the clouds wandered off to distant lands leaving the clear blue azure sky to reflect upon them. The arrangement of insects and other wildlife were beginning to tone down as the birds produced their solo. The water still rushed down its stream and the earth remained undisturbed for the brief lesson to continue. Looking into the mans eyes he could tell that the journey was beginning to have its effect on him. Life was showing its ugly side and he found it hard to look away, to see the beauty that it still holds just as it had done before. Sousetsu had been down that dark and winding path. It was unpleasant. The world seems to just forget about your existence as you linger down a dark hole waiting for some ray of hope to shine down on you. His troubles required Sousetsu's help in training after all. He might not be there to save him and so this was his way of lending his hand. Reaching down into the deep and dark abyss where Rippā resided, Sousetsu give his helping hand, maybe as the ray of hope at least. He nodded towards Rippā briefly before giving his last words in hoping he could understand.    

"Your wits must be sharper than the blade..."

Words: 2438

Last edited by Sousetsu Senju on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa thought for a split second that his feint had worked. He had invaded his masters person space and the point was directed at the mans chest. He could feel his weight shifting forward rapidly as he focused. His target drawing ever closer  to its meeting point with the tip of his own weapon. It seemed like he might already have a chance to return the strike that was done to his arm. It was only a single moment away that would last less then a second. But at the moment he was most sure he would strike the distance between his sword tip and his target shifted further away. It was as if one moment he was about to succeed and the next the task became impossible. His blue gaze widened and then he saw it. The parry that knocked his strike away. His attempt was over. The strike that had come so close was no more. But the failed attack was the least of his worries. His weight was all on his front leg and evading was out of the question. Perhaps it was just the difference in speed but there was no way he could avoid the counter strike from his current stance with all his weight on his forward leg.

The smack of the wooden sword coming in contact with his forearm yet again made him slightly irritable about the sharp sting. His emotions clouding slightly with anger as he grit his teeth. Once more letting go of the sword with the hurt hand to hold it in his free hand as he flexed his fingers. It would have moderate bruising but nothing was sprained or cracked.  It appeared if anything he was alright. For the moment anyways. Had it been a real blade then he may very well be in a blood rage right that moment. Still the bruising began to form turning his forearm blue and steadily a deep purple. Even with all his work put into improving his body he was still a heavy bleeder. And since bruises were internal bleeding the bruise happened at a considerably fast pace. For now though the swelling hadn't begun. He still had a moment before his arm was too swollen to use properly. So he listened to what Sousetsu was saying while devising a plan. And it was one of the lessons in particular that he heard above the rest.

Footwork was the downfall of his last attack. That much he could admit. But the mention of the gate gave him a slightly clearer understanding. If both fighters had an area of control then when those two area's of control met then A gate was opened. And the only way to attack your opponent was through that gate. But the gate was opened both ways. But what created the gate for a fighter? He had seen Sousetsu studying him steadily but mostly with his eyes. He had monitored every movement and responded based on what he saw. So if the only way to disrupt the gate was to impair the senses then he would do so. Hopefully opening his gate while disabling Sousetsu's in the same move. He slowly began to picture the area of control between him and Sousetsu. His mind going back to the short engagements. The length of the weapon in Sousetsu's hand and the length he held his arms out at. Rippa's eyes traveled about them a moment before he devised an idea. He just hoped that it wouldn't be considered cheating. Still he spoke in return. His aura changed. Something about Rippa was steadily increasing in prowess. His understanding of swordplay was becoming increasingly impressive at an alarming rate.

"Wit's over weapon then. Alright, let us give it a shot then shall we?"

He shifted into a low stance. A breath in rose with his shoulders as his body seemed to calm. His muscles relaxed and his stance corrected into a more balanced standing position. His area of control seemed to become clear for the first time as he gripped his sword in both hands. And then he was moving. His sword was kept close to his form but crossed over his chest. For some reason he was approaching in what appeared to be a defensive stance. But that made little to no sense. One should not approach while in a purely defensive motion. Unless they were masking an attack! Right at the moment the two area's of control met and the gate opened, Rippa's mouth opened. But instead of sound bubbles of blood smashed in the area between them. A smoke screen of blood popping every where. Vision being cut off entirely but at the same time Rippa was still moving. A step taking him to the right of Sousetsu as he spun with his heavy attack masked he used the power of his spin to bring down his sword in a downwards power slash. Usually power attacks were easy to see but when your opponent was blinded a power attack seemed ideal.

1772/3000

185/200:

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
"Wit's over weapon then. Alright, let us give it a shot then shall we?"

Sousetsu nodded in agreement as he readied his blade once more. With one hand he gracefully swing his wooden sword before him in a slow motion and fluent motion. His eyes closed briefly as he inhaled deeply, clearing his mind once more, preparing for the assault to come. The grasp was tight around the hilt of the makeshift sword, smooth and representing the traditional bokken. He watched his opponent lowered his stance, both hands adjusted firmly onto his own hilt in a defensive manner as he kept it close to his chest. With a raised eyebrow, Sousetsu pondered at the unusual performance. He was attacking the Senju so why was he shielding himself? The attack was still sure to come however as he began to spring into his large steps charging at Sousetsu. As the distance between came to a close Rippā opened his mouth. Initially, he thought a roar would erupt from his vocal chords but instead he was introduced by a smokescreen of what appeared to be a mist of blood. His eyes widened slightly.

'A jutsu!?' he thought with shock upon his face.

He immediately molded the chakra within him as he leaped back a short distance of three feet before exerting a force of his own. Water shot from his mouth with a violent force clearing the smoke and possibly hitting his opponent in the process. The blood mist scattered through the air in variant directions which caught his gaze as it was oddly like his dreams. The dreams that have still haunted him from time to time unexpectedly, an unpleasant remember of his path crying out to him from the many victims that may have been injured due to his decisions. He was not entirely at fault but he was a humble man at heart. A member of his clan became the nightmares of many as she spilled blood under the Senju name. It reflected on him. He could have stopped her, but he did not. He could not. Perhaps Rippā would be a formidable opponent by the nature and appearance of his ninjutsu on its own. To see blood would remind you of the darkest times within the battlefield and ninja were no stranger to the marks of blood on their blades.

"You came here to learn bukijutsu..." the Senju began. He slightly saddened by the fact that this may have been a simple challenge more than a learning session with Sousetsu. He agreed to teach the way of weapons as he did but instead was greeted with a cheap way of putting him off guard. He understood that this technique was not harmful other than blocking his line of sight. It was a tactic, and one that the Azure Beast could appreciate but the time was not right. It was true that Rippā was a quick learner. He could admit that he was doing well for his first time but to be so hasty this early on was questionable to the Hokage.

"You will learn Bukijutsu without the use of techniques, Rippā. You must learn the weapon, the positioning, the stance, everything I have said so far. Then you will be ready to fuse it with ninjutsu." he spoke with his blade hanging loosely once more and a stern face for all to see. Maybe he was advancing a little too well to be able to combine a smokescreen ability to his weapon at this stage. He may have been ready but he needed to be sure.

"Ready yourself!"

He held his weapon tightly once more. His jaw clench and his teeth almost came to a grind. The sun shone down on the two as it was setting to the west. The sky grew an orange hue, replacing its azure blue. The many birds grew silent and the insects began to cry their mating calls. The first few stars were visible beyond the clouds above. He swing his makeshift weapon to his side and began his charge. His hair flew vigorously as the wind swept through his hair. He was vast approaching the 'gate', could he deflect or counter this technique? Sousetsu scanned his opponent, the blood mist still lingered with small hints of red in the air. With haste he placed his other hand upon the hilt of his weapon and swung upwards diagonally to his opponent. Was he ready?

355/370:

Words: 3180

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa was already on his step to the right when the blast of water annihilated his screen of blood bubbles. And once more he had missed his attack. he was feeling frustrated by all of it. Every time he came at Sousetsu as he was instructed he missed. He couldn't keep up with that speed. And it was always a step back and out of his reach. Rippa could feel the cool water as it misted through the air around them. The faint red tint highlighting his features like the blood was darkening his blue eyes. He was cold and the frustration would show as he grit his teeth and his lips peeled back a little. He was so sure the surprise tactic would work. Just once he didn't want to feel weak. Just once he didn't want to feel outclassed. But that was the way of things. He felt his grip tightening on the wooden stick as he contemplated a continued assault. But Sousetsu was no longer blinded or within his reach. And he didn't look all together happy. Rippa felt his brow furrow as Sousetsu began to speak. His concerns replaced with confusion. After all why was jutsu not allowed? And so he spoke up his mind. Presenting it in a slightly aggravated tone. His irritation like when he had failed to carve his practice swords becoming evident.

"I don't understand Master. You said I must use wits when fighting. It is obvious that I can not compete with your speed. Without jutsu there is little to no chance of these attempts to compare against your defenses to succeed. Is the point to teach me humility through repeated defeat? How is it supposed to help me when no matter what I try even with jutsu I can't reach my target?"

But Sousetsu was already preparing for his own charge. For a moment everything became hyper apparent. The distance between them closing rapidly as Sousetsu stepped forward. The way his feet crashed against the water on the ground from their combined jutsu. Red tinted water rising up as the Hokage's body pressed forward. He was fast but he was being incredibly direct. Still Rippa was impressed how Sousetsu had already managed three steps before the droplets of water and blood from his first step landed back on the ground. He could see how Sousetsu was preparing for a swing. But he wondered where. His blue eyes took in Sousetsu's stride, his grip and his stance and even the way his eyes moved and his shoulders shifted. If Sousetsu had been much closer by even a meter then Rippa would not of been able to move. But he could see it this time. And so he prepared for it. He saw the weapon rising in an diagonal motion and shifted to appear as if he was falling to his side away from the blade. Letting his body weight carry him away from harms way with the help of gravity. His speed increased as he basically threw himself down. The wooden weapon scraping along through his white hair as the tip nearly dragged along his side.

But this was only the evasion. He needed to counter. He placed out his foot on the side he had chosen to fall to and used it like a springing motion. Using all his power as the wooden blade passed over his head to bring himself shooting back up. This would put him behind the swing of his opponent but for less then a second. Even though it was a hopeless effort as he rose up he tried to utilize his positioning of being behind the swing and as fast as he could muster with a yell of frustration and pure adrenaline effort he brought his sword up in a near vertical swing with the edge aimed directly for Sousetsu's forearm closest to him. His speed was no match for Sousetsu's but his positioning was superior. It was worth the effort anyway. And this close to Sousetsu it wasn't about jumping backwards again. It was too close for that and only a single moment to react. Perhaps his reflexes weren't as superior as his speed.

2484/3000

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
His blade was true and swift as it struck the upwards motion towards his new found student. Time seemed to slow as offense brushed passed the opponents white hair as he fell to the ground almost instantly. Sousetsu's eyes darted. First the evasion, then the counter attack. Rippā soon sprung forward as his foot caught his fall and pushed him back towards the Senju, swinging in the process with a near flawless strike of his own. Of course, the target was his forearm. With haste, Sousetsu swung his body into his opponents personal space, gripping the hand the grasped the sword in the heat of the moment and used the hilt of his own weapon to attack Rippā's stomach with a thrust to his rear. They appeared to both be looking in the same direction at a distance with a slight common crouch. He looked over his shoulder and glanced at his student before closing his eyes and slightly sighing.

"That's enough for today." he spoke stoically once again as he assured his authority.

The hand that held his student's forearm then moved upwards to the wooden instrument allowing it to dissolve back into his person as his own makeshift sword had done the same. The night was young, but much was learnt this day. He needed to give him time to ensure that all the information that was given time to sink into is mind, allowing him to process all of the new found data. He knew Rippā was a man of perseverance, he came a long way so far in this world. He was toned which had reflected upon his hard work. His mannerisms were to Sousetsu's liking yet his eagerness was his downfall. He made his way over to a small secluded area by the forest and performed a hand seal to which a small hut was made for the two to take refuge in accompanied by a small pile of wood so a fire could be lit.

He looked up at the now darkening night sky, the stars emitted a shining aura of beauty as the clouds shifted their way wherever the wind carried them. He looked at his student briefly and nodded. It could have been taken many ways but he meant it with a way of saying he deserved a rest after a hard days training. It was okay to take breaks. Today's limits were pushed and he did not wish to harm him any further. He would learn the ways of the weapon arts soon enough. The Senju withdrew a box of matches from his pocket and proceeded to light the fire that would accompany the wooden hut. He sat with his legs crossed and placed his hands upon his knees as he gazed into the fire as his body embraced the warmth.

"You did well today..."  he let slip from his mouth.

"You said, 'Is the point to teach me humility through repeated defeat?' The answer is no. Had this been a real fight, do you think they would use wooden swords? I had to come at you with full force, it is the best way to learn. Your very life is on the line so there is no holding back. Rest easy. Tomorrow is another day..."

He looked up once more and sighed. The days were not becoming easier for the new Hokage. The world was still overruled by tyranny of the many missing ninja throughout the lands, not only in the land of fire, but throughout the many neighboring countries. He looked at Rippā once again. He was right to pursue this training as many would have done the same. There were many various ninja who perfected the art of Bukijutsu just as Sousetsu had done. Favouring the Kenjutsu style, he even learned a powerful ability which coincided with ninjutsu which led a devastating attack force. It was made to kill, but a useful technique to deflect many powerful techniques also. Maybe it would soon be time to show Rippā. Maybe he could create one of his own similar to the Azure beast's. Only time could tell but the Senju still remained in high hopes that this could be achieved by his new student and possibly rival him in the art.

Words: 3891

Last edited by Sousetsu Senju on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rippa

Rippa

D-rank
Rippa watched with a bit of surprise as even his surprise strike seemed to be not match for Sousetsu's speed and experience. It was as if Sousetsu easily saw through all of what he did and could counter it with out really trying. It was like nothing he could do could touch the man. Suddenly even his sword hand was caught. A vice like grip matching his own power kept his arm from moving any further into the swing through both arms seemed about evenly matched. But Sousetsu had already moved. He was well within the range of striking even though they were both facing the same direction. Rippa felt before he saw the hilt slam into his stomach as a counter move. He felt the impact and made a breath of air force its way out of his lungs. The hit strong enough to actually hurt. And then, Sousetsu had released him reclaiming the wooden swords. His words claiming that was enough for now making Rippa feel a little sad but he agreed all the same. He had pushed his body to it's limits now and with the adrenaline quickly fading he could feel the bruises that had formed on his body. Getting hit by a slab of wood was not so easy to just shrug off.

Still he watched as the Hokage preformed yet another simple thing to such a man as one of the Senju and with just his chakra formed a wooden hut big enough for them to comfortably rest. Certainly a better shelter then his make shift tent. And definitely more useful then his own blood element. His own element could only bring fear and pain. But the wood abilities could bring structure to things and comfort. Perhaps that was fitting for some one like the Hokage. It seemed to match his personality anyways, Even if his expression always looked a little grim. Still Rippa entered as Sousetsu was lighting a fire and sat across from him. Tucking his feet up against his thighs and resting his hands in his lap. Rippa began to glow for a moment, His glow dim in comparison to the fire but still it was easy to see a thing red and green chakra swirling around him. All the bruises fading as if they had never happened. His medical jutsu was still his best subject and he was one of the most gifted healers in the area. The only good thing his clan had ever supplied him with was the ability to heal. And even then he had surpassed most of them. Still Sousetsu spoke and blue eyes lifted to look over the fire at Sousetsu as the healing chakra faded away. Apparently Rippa had done better then he had thought. Even though the distance between them was too much he was witnessing the swordsmanship of the Hokage and was able to partially follow it. Even though he was failing over and over again to even get close to a serious Kage must be worth something. So he smiled and nodded his head before laying down.

"Thank you sensei. I will remember that. Good night." And with that he went to rest for the next day. Exhausted from training and healing himself a little more then he thought.

Bukijutsu C rank

3039/3000

Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.