You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Observing the monument. (Open) Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 am

Chinmoku

Chinmoku

D-rank
Chinmoku was looking at the Monument, thinking about all the people who sacrificed themselves for the fire country. The sun was high in the sky, beating down upon the village of Konoha. She was holding her sketchpad tightly and firmly in her right hand, not wanting to lose it. Her purple eyes were slowly scanning the monument, reading the names over it, her brain noticing a few names she had heard before. She had been there for 10 minutes when her legs got tired so she started to continue reading while sitting down. She sat down and then opened her sketchpad to a new page and began to draw the monument on it. As well as the monument, she also drew birds and small creatures frolicking around it, feeling happy at the time.

2Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
While not unusual to see him wandering the area; it could be considered odd for him to be out of the office in the middle of the day, and still be in the village proper. Not escaping exactly, more a habit that had translated well into his job. It always looked good when a new leader showed respect for the heros of old; and that was certainly something Kenta did. While there wasn't a name upon the monument he had ever known; his parents had made it clear that they did not want to have their names carved upon it when they died; that did not stop him from honoring those who where.

He'd made a habit of visiting once a week if possible; usually with his children in tow, and always with a cloth and a small chisel-pick he could use to clean dirt and plant matter out of the carvings. Today was no different; his Hokage hat worn as a sun block over a more normal uniform for him; loose-fitting tan shorts, a sleeveless white shirt with the village symbol emblazened in blue upon the chest, headband tied to his arm as usual. Strange appearence, with the hat, but classic Kenta.

His attention was drawn, not fully noticing the young girl sitting nearby as he approached the momument. The scratchscratch of her writing tool registered, even the unconscious mental imprint of her sitting there; but his higher functioning mind, his conscious, active thoughs; those where focused solely on his work for the moment. Claws and pick worked, cleaning the cravings and names until they where like new; a little water spat across the stone all he needed to polish it to a shine. Like new, all over again. A good thirty minutes of work; he'd sent a team of Genin and Chuunin not a week ago to service the area; landscaping, stone maintenence, all that jazz.

Stepping back finally, he seemed to snap from a trance in a way; looking around like he was seeing the area for the first time. Seeing Chinmoku drawing, he backed away so that he wasn't blocking her line of site anymore. If he even had been, anyway. "Didn't see you, my apologies."

Last edited by Kenta Inuzuka on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Kenny

Kenny

D-rank
The wind rushed through Kenta's hair as he played with the multi-colored feather that was dangling in the wind. His one, true possession that he always kept with him. He was lying down on a tree, just a few feet from a monument where his friend's name was carved; though he had never managed to bring himself to read it... She was dear to him.

He let out a small sigh. It resonated a small hint of sadness within himself, an emotion he rarely ever shows infront of anyone and at all. He was a lonely boy with no friends or family since his mother and father were away on the other side of the world on a mission. Though this had been going on for years and he was starting to think that maybe it was an excuse they made up just to get away. He preferred this most of the time but somewhere inside him, someone was screaming for help. Oh well though.

He looked to his left, slouching his head as he turned he noticed the Hokage and a girl, sketching on her pad. It was a rare sight to see the Hokage lurking about here as he was always busy with something. He didn't pay too much attention to them both but he was still intrigued to a certain extent; he wasn't sure if he should move towards them incase he was to intrude or go away, incase they thought of him as ignorant or if he was up to something.

He shuddered as a cold breeze flew by him, in a moment of surprise, he jittered too much; causing his body to slouch too far over the edge and making him plummet to the ground. He let out a small scream just before he landed with a resounding thud. Seriously?! He thought to himself. First the record room, painting the walls and the dog...and now this!? What is with me?! His face was too far embedded into the ground when he landed so he just kind of lay there for a while...before letting out a muffled groan of pain.

4Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Luke

Luke

D-rank
I was taking a walk around the village. It was another boring normal day for me...I didn't have anything to do. I took a look towards the direction of the monument, knowing full well that I couldn't see it. That made me remember. I visit the monument at least once every week, just to read the names of my parents carved onto it. This week I didn't go, due to heavy rain. Now it was the perfect time...I started walking towards the monument.

I reached my destination. I stood in front of it and found the names of my mother and father. I remained there, staring at it for a little while. Then i backed off and sat down, still looking at it. About an hour later, a girl came. She sat down in front if the monument and starded writing something...or drawing, I couldn't tell for sure. Later on i made sure she was drawing the monument, as she would constantly stop and take a quick look at it. It was the first time in a long while, that someone had come to the monument at the same time as me. But it didn't end there. Not much time had passed since the girl's arrival, and I saw a man coming, from the direction of the village. I couldn't tell who he was, at first, but when he came closer i was surprised. The man was lord Hokage. I had never seen him here before.
A little while longer had passed, when someone fell from a tree. I hadn't noticed him coming, neither did I see him coming. The only thought that came to my mind was "What the...how long has he been here?". Three people being here at the same time as i was. That had never happened before. One of them was the Hokage too. That time sure was interesting...

5Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Naota

Naota

S-rank
Well now, this was odd. He'd been meaning to track down his students and learn a bit more about them. Seems like the past did it for him; he'd have to pay his respects very soon. While the jounin didnt come as often as he should have, he did make a habit of coming at the very least once a month to pay respects to certain people, namely the members of his genin squad. Unlike most nin, Naota finished his first Chuunin exam alone, having lost his teamates in an ambush set by a group of Ame nin. But that was the past; perhaps fate. But either way, this was not the time for him to think about it.

As Naota came into the area, he took note of several thing; firstly, the scent of Kenta in the area. Wonderful. Perhaps today would be enjoyable, at least. Black eyes calmly took note of the Kage, with Naota tipping his head in the male's direction. Moving to stand beside Him, Naota leaned on him. "So... about that pay increase you owe me..."

6Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Chinmoku

Chinmoku

D-rank
Chinmoku, engrossed in her drawing, hadn't noticed the Hokage, Jounin, or either of the two genin until the one with the brown hair fell out of the tree. As she heard the thud of him hitting the ground she was suddenly pulled back to reality and out of her drawing. Slightly confused, she looked around, realising how many people were now around the monument. She saw that the lord Hokage had been cleaning the monument and was confused as to how she hadn't noticed while drawing. She looked towards the direction she'd heard the thud to be greeted by a boy with brown hair slouched over the roots of the tree in pain.

With the wind blowing towards her, she smelled a rather strange scent coming from the direction of the hokage. Glancing in that direction, she noticed the black haired male stood behind him. Swerving around whilst seated, she took a glance at the blond haired boy sat a short way away from her. She suddenly realised that her glancing around may have been confusing to the people around her, blushing slightly at the thought. She wanted to finish her drawing but thought it would be rude during the current circumstances. After much debate in her mind as to what to do next she simply waved towards each person the continued drawing, hoping not to draw any attention to herself.

7Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
Kenta sighed softly, exaggerating an elbow to the Uchiha's kidney; there was no real power, merely a playful gesture before he took a step away. "You'll get a pay raise when you start taking missions again. That's the whole point of them, remember?" The blonde brushed at his sleeve like he was taking care of some dirt, a hint of a smirk on his face knowing that if Naota took the movement at face value, he'd get a good laugh out of the reaction.

But that could way, attention moving to the rest of the small crowd that seemed to appear from nowhere. He returned the small picking tool to it's holder; safely stored where the sharp point couldn't hurt anyone. "So... Quite a party that's setting up here."

8Observing the monument. (Open) Empty Re: Observing the monument. (Open) Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Kenny

Kenny

D-rank
Peeling his face from the dirt he shook his head from side to side before realizing that he was now noticed. Aw crap, now I have to give a damn. He thought to himself, the pain from the fall still resonating slightly throughout his face and small specs of dirt still attached to his face. Getting up he brushed himself off, the dirt; flying to the sides as he brushed them away with the back of his hand.
The bush infront of him was just high enough to cover up to his eye level, everything below was covered by the green bush, emitting small ladybugs. One landing on Kenta's shoulder without him noticing. Pushing through the bush, Kenta emerged fully out in the open, where he was more visible. Wonder what everyone's on about...
Looking around he noticed more and more people showing up. Seriously? The one day he has alone time, that too gets interrupted.
Embarrassed by what had just happened and the amount of people that were showing up, kenta decided to make a run for it. Oh god...why did that have to happen!?!?!

[EXIT]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.