You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
The war seemed long and bloody, but at the same time it seemed like a passing dream. It was time for him to leave the hidden mist village and return home, but he wanted to make a stop before he returned home. For some reason he was drawn to someone. A feeling he couldn’t escape it pulled him towards a certain girl.
‘Setsuko…’
Normally this sort of thing wouldn’t trouble him so much, but after surviving a war with a twisted enemy he couldn’t help but think about what kind of life he was living and what he really wanted and for some reason… He couldn’t stop thinking about her. It was strange to Zanto sense he never felt like this. The first time he met her he had no issues with just leaving her behind and moving on, but now after staring death in the face in a bloody conflict he couldn’t and wouldn’t just leave. He was going to take a chance and see where that would take.
After his last mission he left the Hidden Mist village and traveled to the small town where Setsuko lived. He stood on the outskirts and just looked at the village gathering up the courage to go see her again.

2Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The day teetered on and the war trickled into the offsets of his mind. It had been a while since he was called to align with the forces of justice once more to thwart the enemy's attempt. Relieved? Not so much. But there was a wash of serenity that cleansed him of the past ordeals. The combating of human puppets, and abominable creations of a mad man. He was glad those scenes were but frames of time residing in the outer banks of his mind, hopefully resisting to run ashore any time soon. But now he had the privileged task of deciding what he wold do with his time. There was only one thing he could think of, one thing that had been almost constant during his stay in Kirigakure, and that was his student Zanto who had accompanied him to the land of mist to fight against Seven Bells.

Now that he thought about it, he didn't know where Zanto was at the moment. This wasn't surprise, Kenji wasn't his guardian and didn't require his student to keep his posted on where he was at all times. but in this particular instance he found him contemplating about just who this Zanto was. He remembered right before they left Kumogakure, that he was given somewhat of a lecture by Takeshii for being less than honest with the squad. As when Zanto noted that he had no "elements" it fell in a grey area as he held powers that he could manifest that no one knew the slightest about. And up until now it really hasn't interested Kenji. But after going to the bar with Zanto a couple of days ago, and learning that he once resided here in Kirigakure, it made him wonder just what else there was to Zanto. Also his personality was somewhat of a mystery as well.

It had been decided. Kenji would held back to the bar where they went, hoping to get more information on Zanto's past and the girl that he seemed to have more than a little history with. Last time he was there he was in ANBU uniform, this time he would present himself as a concerned sensei, which he was. Also, since Zanto wasn't aware of his ANBU identity he would likely be more open to discussing his past. Maybe there was something Kenji could do... if he was in some sort of trouble... but he doubted he was. He arrived to the small town where the bar. He entered the cavern but this time it was almost packed. Now that the war had waned, people were back to their "normal" lives. Amidst the crowd was neither Setsuko nor Zanto. But at the counter he saw the large bartender. So he would be the first person Kenji would talk to. 

Training: 477

3Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
ooc read:
He must have waited a long time, because the sun was about to set. It was strange seeing Zanto so timid. He has fought puppets, ninja and giant oozing monsters, but when it came to something of a personal nature he freezes up and draws a blank.
‘Well… If I don’t see her… the next time I come back she would more than likely kill me.’ Zanto thought.
He tried to think about this rationally to settle his nerves. Unless he wanted to invoke Setsuko’s wrath again he should go and see her even if it’s only for a few minutes. He finally began to move towards the village. From what he has seen the war has barely touched this place which was a great relief to Zanto.
‘Let’s see at this time she would more than likely be working at the bar.’ Zanto thought.
The Elixir of life it was a fitting name in Zanto’s mind wasn’t too flashy or too pricey and best of all it was ran by good people even if one of them has a temper. The bar was surprisingly empty. Normally it would be packed at this hour but that didn’t matter. In fact it was better for Zanto he could use some peace and quiet. Zen was behind the bar washing some mugs when he saw Zanto.

“Now this rare.” He said.

“Normally we would only see you once and then you disappear. Well come on Lad make yourself comfortable and I’ll grab you a beer.”
“I am not here for that Zen.” Zanto said.
Zen’s jaw dropped and stared at Zanto with disbelief.
“Who are you and what have you done to Zanto?” Zen inquired.

Zanto could help but chuckle softly.
“I’m looking for Setsuko.”

Zen’s entire expression changed he smiled softly and nodded.
“By the Mill she should still be there.”
Zanto nodded softly and left the bar.
‘What was that expression on his face?’ Zanto wondered.
The moment of truth was coming. The mill was huge. There wasn’t a spot in the entire village were you couldn’t see it. It was like the village’s North Star. It is an unmistakable land mark.
By the time Zanto made it to the mill the moon was raising. It’s light reflecting off of the river. Zanto spotted Setsuko by the bank looking up at the stars...
‘She was always a star gazer.’ Zanto thought. He slowly made his way towards her trying to think of something to say when he got to her.
‘Well here goes nothing.’ Zanto thought.
“Setsuko…” He said softly.
She turned her head and stared at Zanto. In a blink of an eye she leaped up and ran for Zanto and wrapped her arms tightly around Zanto.
“I thought you wouldn’t come back.” She whispered.
Zanto gently wrapped his arms around Setsuko as she looked up and gazed into his ocean blue eyes.
“I just wanted to see you again.” Zanto whispered.
Setsuko’s cheeks turned faintly pink as she smiled at him. Tears slowly started to form in her eyes and they slowly flowed down her cheek. Zanto never liked to see her cry even if it was overwhelming joy.
Zanto decided to try something bold. Something he had never attempted. He leaned in to her slightly parting his lips. Setsuko knew what he was doing and was quite surprised he made the first move, but she was all too happy to oblige as she stood on her toes and pushed her lips against Zanto’s. Setsuko tightened her hold on Zanto fearing that if she let go he would fade away.
‘What am I doing?’ Zanto thought.

4Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
He walked up to the bartender and politely introduced himself, "Excuse me sir, my name is Kenji and I am looking for a student of mine. I heard he left the village with a ANBU operative and has been seen taking missions with this fellow. Now, I don't mean to insult Zanto... but I'm fearful of his safety. ANBU are known to take on dangerous missions, and Zanto has just been registered as a Genin not too long ago. I am sure you can understand why I need to find him." So far so good. If the bartender played along he would not only find his location, but more importantly more information about Zanto. The bartender could see the worry on Kenji's face and hear in his tone. "Sure Mr. Kenji. Zanto has always been a wanderer, he is attracted to trouble. I should have known something was off when he walked in with some masked man who ate his wings in the corner in fear of showing his face... He must be hideous." Kenji chuckled, "Now let's not resort to insults. But you said you saw this masked man, you actually seen them together... so the rumors were indeed true. I would like to prevent something like this from happening again, could you possibly give me some background on Zanto so I can better prepare  myself in the future."

The bartender was glad to share, unfortunately the information wasn't very helpful. It all boiled down to him being a trouble maker and leaving this small town without telling anyone. If he loved these people as much as he appeared to, it must have been something serious to cause him to leave... right? "Thank you very much, Zen. Where is he now?" "He is at the mill with Setsuko" "Thank you" Kenji was now off to the mill. It was fun snooping around. This is after all what he specializes in. Member of the intelligence squad for Kumogakure for 3 years... and of course... he is  ANBU.

5Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
They both sat there in the moon light next to the river. Zanto wasn’t sure what he was supposed to say. Thankfully Setsuko decided to break the silence.
“Are you going to stay here for good Zanto?” She inquired.
The one bump in his plan, Zanto knew he couldn’t stay and now he felt like he was torturing her.
“I wish I could… but I can’t…. The war is pretty much over now and I have to return to Kumogakure.” He explained.
He could feel her grasp tightening round his arm.
“So what will happen now?” She inquired.
“I’ll spend as much time here as I can, but eventually I’ll have to go back. They might have sent someone to check up on me already, but who knows.”
Zanto chuckled softly before he continued.
“At least I am away from that ANBU that guy was really annoying.”
The both had a good laugh before falling back into an awkward silence.
“What if I said I wanted to come with you?” She asked.
How could he respond to that? On one hand if he said yes he would be taking her away from her home and Zanto couldn’t ask her to do that and on the other if he said no it would break her heart.
“Honestly… I would like that, but I couldn’t ask you to leave everything behind for me.”
Setsuko giggled and leaned up and kissed Zanto’s cheek.
“You are not asking it was my idea.”
Zanto couldn’t help but smile.
‘She is devious.’ He thought.

6Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji arrived and saw Zanto and Setsuko sitting romantically together. The two felt strongly for each other obviously. As the passion between them rose they engaged each others' lips. Kenji smiled and turned away, he didn't want interrupt. It appeared Zanto was trying to work the nerve to leave her... again. Kenji could tell that she was opposed. The blue haired Jounin did not want to blow his cover, but he couldn't let Zanto make the same mistake he made 10 years ago.

He jogged down to where they were, his footsteps were sure to alert them of his presence. He had obtained some good information about Zanto, but mostly he was just another person. "Hello. Zanto, I know that you are shocked to see me here, but our services here in Kirigakure have come to a close. As a shinobi of Kumogakure... you are mandated to return. I have just gotten the reason why you were tasked with the ANBU op. It is because of your history. Kumo couldn't allow you to venture off once more without some supervision. I'm sorry if this takes you by surprise, but these are some of the things that come with this profession." He paused for a bit as there was something he wanted to say more. "But... that's not why I'm here in front of you now. I'm here now to tell you not to let the one you live, slip through your fingers, definitely not twice." There was small smile from the joy of seeing them together, but there was also a slight blush as he was involving himself into someone's private private business.

7Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
So now Zanto had to make a decision. He knew he couldn’t stay in fact that ANBU guy was more than likely on his way to retrieve him.
“Whatever you want-“Zanto was interrupted by the sounds of footsteps rapidly approaching them. He quickly turned releasing Setsuko from his embrace and reached for his Zanbato. Only to find that it was his blue haired mentor Kenji. He released his grip on the handle and stared at his mentor. He quickly explained what he was doing there and for some reason unbeknownst to Zanto his mentor was blushing. He came to the conclusion that that ANBU ninja ended up talking to Kenji and they had a conversation about him. That nearly sent Zanto off the deep end. One thing he doesn’t like is nosy people.
Zanto’s veins bulge from his head as he glared murderous soul shredding daggers into Kenji’s soul.
‘That damn ANBU doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.’ Zanto thought as he continued to try making Kenji’s head implode with his mind.
“Kenji-sensei you have the worst timing….” Zanto snarled.
Setsuko had turned away from Kenji trying to hide her blush from the jounin.
This didn’t surprise Zanto in the least, but he was expecting the ANBU not Kenji to retrieve him after all they left together it would make sense that they return together too.
“So what do you suggest? Will you report I was killed in battle and allow me to stay here?” Zanto inquired.
He knew Kenji wasn’t going to let him do that, but he might as well play a game with him while he can.
“But Zanto—“ Setskuo was quickly interrupted by Zanto.
“So what will you do Kenji-sensei?” Zanto inquired.

8Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji smiled, "I would do that. Actually whatever you decide, whether to stay here, or return with Setsuko, I'll support it. But what I can't let you do is leave her again... if you truly love her, I couldn't allow that. Make things right, once you've decided, you know where to find me." Kenji turned around and left, letting Zanto nibble on the proposition given to him by his sensei... what would Zanto do? What was more shocking, how could Kenji allow Zanto free will over this?? That was thing he wasn't.

If he decided to abandon Kumogakure, I'll have to return as my ANBU alias, Jenito. He doesn't know I'm an ANBU, so killing him... or dragging him back as ANBU should be an easy task, but I don't want him to blame his sensei for making him leave the one he loves, I'd rather him hate the ANBU. That's what the alias is there for. It is only a shadow, here one second then gone the next, always having to make the tough decisions. As Kenji left the area, he would wait for Zanto to return and meet him at the meeting quad, that was where they always hung out. Depending on his answer, Kenji would give Zanto the impression that he is leaving Kiri, and then confront his student as an ANBU.

9Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank

Zanto watched as his sensei walked off.
‘Strange… If he did help me it could be considered treason on his part.’ Zanto thought.
He turned back to Setsuko.
“Well we-“ He tried to speak was but was interrupted when Setsuko placed two fingers on his lips.
She looked at him in the eyes and said.
“I’ll gather my things and meet you outside of the village”
Zanto was speechless. He came to a conclusion he didn’t have any say in the matter.
“But what about your home and the Tavern?” Zanto inquired.
She giggled and said.
“I was planning to go to Kumo and find you anyway.”
‘Probably to beat me to death when she found me.” Zanto thought.
Before he could say a word Setsuko ran off.
Zanto pinched the bridge of his nose.
‘What am I going to do with her?’ Zanto thought.
It seemed her mind was made up, but what was going to happen when he brought her back to Kumo. On a different subject that came to Zanto’s mind something that his mentor said came to mind one that irritated him. He had a loose lipped ANBU out there and a nosey teacher.
‘Guess while I wait for Setsuko I should have a chat with my Sensei.”
Sense his sensei said he would know where to find him Zanto came to the conclusion he was talking about the tavern. That Anbu probably told him everything so it seemed logical.
He walked to the Tavern and saw his mentor at the bar he calmly walked up and leaned his massive Zanbato against the bar ledge and sat on a stool.
“I don’t like people snooping around sensei. For future reference instead of going behind my back ask me directly and if I trust you enough I’ll give you the answer.” Zanto said in a very irritated tone.

10Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji had decided to stop at the tavern, he was sure Zanto would find him there. He had a glass of ice tea as he waited for Zanto and with him, his decision. What would the war torn shinobi do? The blue haired shinobi took a sip. Zanto placed something on the bar edge and sat on the stool. His student was frightfully clumsy, either that, or he was annoyed by something. After Kenji's years of experience he could tell he wasn't happy with Kenji's actions, and he told him just that. Kenji continued to drink his tea, ignoring Zanto. After a few swirls of his glass and rose up, paid his tab. He then turned to Zanto before leaving. "In the shinobi world, there is no such thing as trust. Only intelligence, and you get as much of it as you can, and maybe you'll survive. Note to you: I have spent my entire career in espionage and intelligence gathering, you know this. If I want information, I get it, that is what I do, it is what I was trained to do. It has become a survival instinct. So, the sooner you trust me, the sooner you won't have to like my methods. You're not in my squad because you need a friend, nor a mentor, nor someone to trust. If that's what you want, don't let me stop you. But if you want to be an elite shinobi, then I can help you." Kenji paused after his slow and nonchalant lecture. "What have you decided?"

Kenji actually had reasons for interfering, he did care. He had come to admire the courage and heart of Zanto.

11Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto sat there and listened to his mentor and he was really disappointed by what he said. He grabbed his massive sword from the bar and placed it a crossed his back hooking it on his back to keep it in place and he began to walk towards the door.
“Yes she is meeting us by the outskirts.”
He paused before continuing.
“You may have heard this from every single student you have ever had… but unlike them what I say is the truth. I am not like other people. My situation is unique hence your usual methods are not going to be as effective. You have seen what I can do and you may have seen many things in your years in espionage, but I know for a fact you have never seen anything like this before. I settled down in Kumo and became a ninja specifically because I do need to find someone that I can trust fully and I do need a mentor for my condition, and yet even after fighting a war and placed my trust in him here I stand finding out that he would rather slither in the grass like a viper rather than just ask me a simple question and listening to his views. It makes me feel that my trust was sorely misplaced.”
Zanto then calmly walked towards the door.
‘This makes me feel uncomfortable now instead of finding answers I have to keep a sharp eye on Setsuko… Well I do trust her fully and she did give me her word.’ Zanto thought.

12Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
... Listen. Allow me to apologize, allow me to be honest. What I just said was out of anger. If you cannot see my actions for what they are, then I am sorry for that too.. I'm your sensei, I've fought along side you, and now I have gone out of my way to make sure you didn't make the same mistakes as me. "

Kenji then paused as he was getting ready to tell his story. "Maybe one day ill share my story. Then, maybe you'll trust me. Because if accepting to teach you how to be a shinobi and fighting with you isn't enough... then maybe sharing some intelligence about myself that no one knows will. That'll have to wait, for now lets go to the outskirts."

Kenji hoped he had done well to mend the wounds his senseless words caused. Every now and then Kenji had to remind himself he wasn't perfect. They now exited the tavern and left to meet Setsuko.

13Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank

Zanto listened to his mentor’s apology. He was still a little shaky when it comes to Kenji, but at the same time he did understand. After all the world of espionage cannot be a pleasant one. It was a short walk to the outskirts where they ran into Setsuko. Zanto’s jaw literally dropped when he saw her with a bag three times her size.
“Um…Setsuko? Do you have everything?” Zanto dared to ask.
“No this is mostly clothes, but I do have the important stuff.” She replied.
Zanto was struck speechless how could he respond to that?
‘Everything in that bag is clothes….what the hell?’ Zanto thought.
Two scary thoughts came to Zanto’s mind. First where the hell was she going to put all of that stuff? And second he how much more was she going to buy once we get to Kumo?
It became clear that Zanto was going to have to move from his small apartment to something bigger otherwise he would get lost in an endless sea of clothes.
Zanto sighed and said.
“What am I going to do with you?”

14Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
They were all there. Ready to head back to Kumogakure, where they would all embark on a new adventure.

[OOC: We should start a new thread following up with this one, doing an official travel thread back to Kumo

Nevermind, I see you're already back in Kumo.]

EXIT THREAD:

15Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Empty Re: Aftermath 2 (private/invite/no kill) Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
It was going to be a new start. Hopefully for the better.
Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.