You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aftermath (No kill) Empty Aftermath (No kill) Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
His first task was an overwhelming success. He was now able to  rest before his next task. Zanto sat alone in attempting to clean up the Rusty Katana Kenji gave him.

'Maybe they will promote me to chunnin if I do well enough here.' Zanto thought.
He chuckled softly and continued cleaning the Katana. He studied the sword carefully memorizing every little defect.
'The sword needs a little love, but it should serve as a fine weapon through this conflict.' Zanto thought.
He remained quite in his little corner of the room pay no mind to the outside world.
'The next day may be my last, but if I am turning into a monster. Maybe it's for the best.' Zanto thought.

Last edited by Aulden on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
All the men and women took the city, gathering the last of their supplies and making final preparations before the next assignment. The squad had successfully fended off the killing machines. It took a group effort, Kenji had never dreamed of working in such unison... with another village. It wasn't his first collaborative job, he had worked with Konoha and Iwa, but in both cases there was a lot of money involved, Kenji couldn't in sound mind pass up those opportunities.

He entered a trashed building that had been cleaned up. All the fighters were sent here to set up camp. The previous building was much too small, but it was the only secure one at the time. Kenji, still in full ANBU outfit, under the alias Jenito, was the last to arrive. By the time he got there the only person left was Zanto. The other folks had set out to get supplies, but Zanto sat alone at what seemed to have been a dining table, it appeared they were in quite a spacious restaurant. The ANBU man greeted Zanto in his high pitch voice, "Zanto, I see you're tending to the katana... " The agent sat down, his green hair sparkling from behind his mask from sweat and water. "In combat" he continued, "a shinobi's ... judgement is equally if not more important than his physical abilities. How are you feeling, what's on your mind after today's action?"

Kenji was concerned, he had never seen a ninja so young and so inexperienced thrown into the epitome of battle, War. The vehemently vile act has left many grown battle savvy men groveling. It was important to him that Zanto was alright, he would understand if he wanted no part of a war that didn't directly concern him, he would understand if he wasn't eager to put his body in harm's way for people he didn't know. The green hair shinobi needed an idea if where Zanto's head was, if he wasn't thinking clearly, he wouldn't only be endangering himself but everyone else as well.

3Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
The ANBU man greeted Zanto in his high pitch voice, "Zanto, I see you're tending to the katana... " The agent sat down, his green hair sparkling from behind his mask from sweat and water. "In combat" he continued, "a shinobi's ... judgement is equally if not more important than his physical abilities. How are you feeling, what's on your mind after today's action?"

Zanto stopped cleaning the katana and looked up at the green haired shinobi.
'This feeling I am getting. Why do I feel so uneasy?' Zanto tried to dismiss it as him being paranoid, but Zanto was intuitive. Normally his gut feelings were right. Even though he didn't full understand why.
He didn't want to be rude to him, but Zanto always had trust issues. However he was looking at an Anbu black op ninja. In Zanto mind they must have experience in lie detecting. After all they live in the shadows; Sometimes knowing when someone is lying or not could mean the difference between life and death. He contemplated possible scenarios for a second before replying.
"Honestly sir..... I feel....conflicted."
He didn't know anything about the ninja before him.
"This was my first real battle, and I wasn't overcome with fear. It felt exciting. I felt more alive then I have ever before, and yet... despite all that. I still felt cold and alone." Zanto said hesitantly.
Zanto squinted looking down back at the sword.
'of coarse that's what's scaring me the most.' Zanto thought.

4Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
His first real battle... No fear... Kenji wasn't sure what to make of Zanto's response. A man with no fear is a dangerous thing. Jenito nodded as Zanto spoke. The special force agent altered the pitch and accent of his voice to a deeper and more serious tone. "Listen to me, the life of a shinobi, which I'm aware you know little of in terms of living it, is a funny thing. I was taught at an early age to abandon emotion. I was molded into a killing machine with no conscious... However, in living like that, living without fear, I was the most afraid I've ever been... just like you right now. You're afraid of losing your humanity to the violent life of the shinobi. My curse was my family's dogma... I don't know yours... but I'm sure once we make it through this war, your sensei ... Kenji, can help, he too can relate to your current situation. "

There's a fish fry by the bay, hurry up, lets get some real food before we're deployed. The ANBU adjusted the pitch of his voice back to the screeching tone, Let's see what's going on.

5Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
"Listen to me, the life of a shinobi, which I'm aware you know little of in terms of living it, is a funny thing. I was taught at an early age to abandon emotion. I was molded into a killing machine with no conscious... However, in living like that, living without fear, I was the most afraid I've ever been... just like you right now. You're afraid of losing your humanity to the violent life of the shinobi. My curse was my family's dogma... I don't know yours... but I'm sure once we make it through this war, your sensei ... Kenji, can help, he too can relate to your current situation. "

'If he only knew what was really eating away at me.' Zanto thought.
although he did feel a little better.  knowing his present state of mind wasn't anything knew. The only thing that was still really concerning him was if it was Naraka's doing or not.
There's a fish fry by the bay, hurry up, lets get some real food before we're deployed.
'hmmm....food." Zanto thought.
Let's see what's going on.
Zanto nodded  and sheathed the Katana and carried it in his left hand.
The two ninja walked towards the bay to grab a decent bite to eat. Of course they were not the only ones who had the idea.

Down by the by the bay was a little stand with several fryers behind it. from the smell Zanto guessed they were frying trout with a hint of rosemary. Not the best dish in the world, but it was still good none the less.
"I could really use a beer right now." Zanto sighed.

6Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:53 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The two shinobi rose from their seats at the sound of food, and made a beeline for the area in which the wonderful smell of food came from. Everyone was in a way excited and eager to enjoy the leisure time, because it was sure to be brief. They walked through the town. The market area was a lively place once, or at least he presumed, he was glade he could help in saving the little that was left, he was sure they would begin the reconstruction soon, but now it was time for Kenji to reconstruct his stomach, setting the foundation with food.

They arrived to the bay, several fryers sat atop a long stand, serving the fresh fish. Some were fried and others were boiled, and with the pleasant scent, probably seasoned to perfection. The shinobi's stomach began yelling, getting more excited the closer he got to the his plate. He was worried that someone might mistake the loud grumbling of his stomach with the screams of someone in trouble. The shinobi in full ANBU gear struck a conversation with Zanto once more as to distract from his loud stomach, "A beer huh." Kenji had heard the declaration of Zanto's desire for the foamy beverage, Kenji knew that he enjoyed beer, but Jenito didn't. "You like beer. Well, there's been a lot of talk going around with the platoon members knowing of a tribe that has a still nearby, a few miles due west of here, you'll know it from the smell. After we get our plate, we can head down there. But be cautious, I heard these guys and girls can be quite unpredictable, and mischievous."

Kenji finally got his plate, the fish was still hot, as he could see the steam flowing from the scales. The fish was moist with oil and garnished with pepper and a little rosemary. Kenji looked at the single fish with disappointment, it was only one. "This will not satisfy my stomach..." Kenji didn't want to seem ungrateful and selfish, he knew there were many people to feed, so he walked off with his single fish, making due. As he moved down the stand the succulent seafood dish was capped off with some rice and mushrooms, making the plate more full and appetizing.  He ate the fish with his hands, taking his time though, as he wanted to make the fish count. The rice and mushrooms complemented the fish, making it more fulfilling. The ANBU agent turned away from Zanto and everyone else as he ate. He had to lift his mask slightly to truly enjoy the meal. As he was still chewing on fish, rice, and mushrooms, he spoke in a sinister voice that everyone around would hear, "If anyone sees my face, I'll have no choice but to kill you." He said, completely serious. This war might have been important to Kiri, but his identity was just as important to Kumo. If his identity was ever revealed, it was compromise the national security of the village hidden in the clouds greatly.

Kenji finished his delicious lunch. He placed his mask back on his face, he turned to Zanto, who was close to finished as well. "How about we get a cold beverage?" Kenji said, subtly referring to the beer that Zanto had expressed a want for. Kenji was pretty interested in meeting the tribe that sold the beer, could they have been as bizarre as he was told.

7Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto was never picky about food. He grew up poor and living off scraps. The days when he would get a loaf of bread or strip bacon were rare. Growing up poor didn't serve his manners any justice either.
He didn't use any utensils when he ate. He just simply picked up the fish with his bare hands and ate it as if it were a carrot. It was a good thing Zanto never had to go to anything fancy otherwise he might have offended people with his severe lack of civility.
Rice was always the worst. It didn't matter to him. He just picked it up and shoved it in his mouth creating a mess all over his face and the ground where he was sitting. He obviously didn't care who was watching.
Kenji made the wonderful suggestion that they go get a cold beer from the tribes to the west. Zanto was familiar with this tribe. When he was traveling he happened to come a crossed it after his investigation in the temple ruins. Of course he came up with nothing. Those ruins had absolutely nothing to do with Naraka, but on the bright side he did stumble across one of the most delicious drinks he would ever have. Kenji was right about one thing though they were mischievous people when they were drinking, but they were good people.
Zanto wiped off his face and cloths to get all the food scraps off of him as he considered Kenji’s proposal. Every fiber of his being was screaming at him saying 'GO TO THE TRIBE AND GET SOME BEER!!'
Zanto considered it. He loved it almost to a fault, but was this really the right time to go? For all he knew something else might turn up and he would be called back here to fight and it was never a good idea to fight while intoxicated, BUT!! On the other hand there was beer.
'Do you believe that is wise? Our job here isn't over yet and we could called to the front lines at any moment.
Zanto regretted every word he just said and was now beating himself up mentally.
'No you idiot BEER how can you turn that down you DOLT!'

8Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The ANBU agent, Jenito shrugged his shoulder, "I wasn't going to consume any beer anyway, it's up to you. Now do I think it's wise for you to have a drink at this moment... it depends on your tolerance. Also, not knowing the concentration of the beer that will be served is another condition. This is beer that we're talking about, so the concentration can only be so high. So once again it depends on your tolerance. We did secure the area... I say it's fine."

Jenito spoke plainly, leaving the decision completely up to Zanto. He looked around as many of the shinobi laughing as they enjoyed their last few moments of peace. They had secured the area, but there was still much to be done and soon. Jenito was happy that there were other squads that had been deployed in other areas, they were the reason they could rest up for their next assignment. Battle would be heated, and Kenji was experienced enough to be able to switch aimlessly between serious and carefree, and it was especially easy since his fighting style was more on the casual side anyway.

9Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto smiled slightly. He stood up slowly and stretched his arms out to the side.
]"Well if that is the case then... why not. It's been a while sense I have seen them.Although he felt bad leaving the warzone they wouldn't be gone for to long and Zanto knew his limits and there were some people he wanted to see again.
First round is on you right? Zanto said as he smiled deviously.
It has been a while sense Zanto relaxed. Maybe it would help clear his head a little bit.
He did remember a girl there that he had met. hopefully she wasn't still mad at him leaving without a word.

10Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
So they were on their way to the place... to get a drink, well at least Zanto was. Kenji was just tagging along, giving the shinobi company. Kenji was more than interested to see what all the fuss was about regarding the place they were visiting, he envisioned cobwebs and howling wolves... Kenji was also interested in seeing Zanto in his element, a more relaxed state. Despite being under the guise of his ANBU personality, Kenji was using this to obtain information. So far, Zanto had proved himself proficient in combat and worthy of being his student. Kenji's mind trailed back to their earlier conversation. Zanto had confessed to him his battle with enjoying combat too much, being bloodthirsty basically, losing his grip of his humanity. Kenji couldn't help but think that his unique ninja art was somehow connected.

The two shinobi came around the bend in the view was a large cabin, with shrubs growing along the wood. The yard was full of color. Kenji was surprised, despite for an eerie feeling he couldn't explain, the place seemed more welcoming than he expected. Kenji considered having a drink, but knew it was silly for him to take part. Zanto spoke of his love for beer as if he was tolerant to the spirits, Kenji could not say the same for himself. He was there simply for company and for observation. The shinobi loved collecting information, and this would just be another chapter of data he could add to his catalogue.

11Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
IT didn’t take the two shinobi long to get to the village and Zanto had to admit he was glad to be back here. IT was a small cozy little village that ran long a river. One of its outstanding noticeable features was the Giant water mill in the background.
‘This place hasn’t changed a bit.’ Zanto thought.
“Come I know where we can get the best stuff.” Zanto said.
They continued down the path way into the town. He already had extensive knowledge of this place even though he was only here for a short time.
The came across a small tavern called the ‘Elixir of life’ Zanto simply entered the establishment and walked up to the bar.
The establishment wasn’t fancy it was simple and homely.
Zanto was a little nervous when he approached the bar, but felt at ease when he saw a massive stocking man that towered over everyone. The man had to hunch over to keep his head from hitting the ceiling. After serving a table he retreated back behind the bar and began to wash mugs.
“Hey Zen! Mind if I get a round of your finest?” Zanto asked.
The massive man turned to Zanto and stared at him.  
A massive toothy grin covered the man’s face and he began to chuckle.
“HO HO! Zanto my boy! It has been to long!”
The massive man reached out and shuffled Zanto’s hair.
“Indeed it has Zen. How are things?” Zanto inquired.
Zen grabbed a liter mug and filled it with a golden yellow liquid as he replied.
“Things have been on edge around here. With the fighting waging just over yonder it’s starting to scare people.”
Zanto was worried It might spread to this village. He will just have to fight that much harder now.
“I don’t think it will reach h—“Zanto was interrupted by a loud crash.
He looked behind the counter around Zen and saw a small petite girl about Zanto’s age she was glaring daggers of murder into his very soul.
“I take it she is still mad then?” Zanto inquired.
When he looked back Zen was nowhere to be seen.
‘Damn for someone so big he moves like lightning and where is my beer?’ Zanto thought.
The girl stormed across the room all the other patrons knew it was time to leave and leave they did. Zanto could feel a bead of sweat run down his face.
“Um…hey Setsuko… it’s um...” Zanto was stuttering by the looks of it he was truly terrified of this woman.
Before he could continue Setsuko’s fist collided with his cheek sending him flying across the room.
“ZANTO YOU JERK!!!! HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME WITH OUT EVEN SAYING A SINGLE WORD!!” she screamed. Zanto slowly sat up into a sitting position. He rubbed his jaw thankfully it wasn't broken, but when he looked up Setsuko was standing above him glaring at him.

12Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
They entered the tavern, they both walked to the counter. It appeared that Zanto had been here before, "There's a lot I don't know about this kid?" He order a drink and the bartender appeared surprised to see the Genin enter the bar. The two guys made small talk while the ANBU agent stood off to the side. As the two gentleman talked merrily, both equally happy to run into eachother once more. Kenji's attention was drawn away by a rather harmless and cute girl, but her face was boiling and she preceeded to break a table in half. The sound cut Zanto off mid sentence. The words that came out of Zanto's mouth next suggested he knew her too.

“Um…hey Setsuko… it’s um...” “ZANTO YOU JERK!!!! HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME WITH OUT EVEN SAYING A SINGLE WORD!!” Kenji eyes darted between the two friends?. Kenji knew that if they were enemies or if they didn't like each other, the girl wouldn't  care if he left... so they must have been friends, maybe more. The tension between the two were obvious, Kenji backed up all the way to the wall deciding to stay out of the way, whatever business they had, whatever they needed to say, Kenji wouldn't stop it.

13Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto stood up slowly and Setsuko was still staring at him with murderous intent. Zanto felt bad... even though he was here only for a short time he did leave quite an impression.
After a few moments of silence tears began to form in her eyes. she began to sob.
"Why Zanto? You could of at least say goodbye.
Zanto steped forward and wrapped his arms around the sobbing girl. She buried her face in his chest. At this point she was crying as Zanto held her.
He thought for a moment. He wasn't good at this kind of thing, but he had to say something. Anything to consul her.
Well... say something you jerk."she sobbed.
"There is nothing I can say. I am sorry for leaving, but you know what I was doing. You are the only person I have ever opened up to... That hasn't changed.
Zanto looked over at Kenji.
'Damn it... This couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am going to have to keep her close to keep that Anbu ninja away from her. I trust her, but Anbu ninja specialize at getting information. I have to make sure he doesn't pry.' Zanto thought.
"Did you find what you were looking for? She asked.
Zanto gently stroked her hair and said.
"No I haven't"

14Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Behind the mask, Kenji analyzed the exchange. He thought it was peculiar, but in truth, it seemed to be increasingly obvious that Zanto knew this girl and they were really close, and he ended leaving her without so much as a letter. Kenji shook his head at the rudeness. But what struck him even more was... why did he leave? What could have been so important that he would leave a pretty girl that cared so much about him...?

The ANBU operative pushed off the wall and stepped in closer, but would shift his direction back to the bar. He took a seat once more. "Bartender, wherever you are back there, bring me a sweet tea pleace, heavy ice and lots of lemon." Information was never given to those who sought it, but to those that were patient, he would not need to grill neither of them on their past relationship, that was their business. But, if was important, if the relationship meant something to Zanto then the details were bound to float to the surface. The girl was interesting, he has always admired people with passion and wear their hearts for everyone to see. It takes a lot courage. "How about you two have a few drinks, we have a little time to socialize before we have to head out." Kenji turned around slowly, he hadn't introduced himself, "I'm Jenito by the way... I take it you're--Setsuko. You pack quite the punch." He said with his altered voice cracking and squeaking. His drink came up, but he didn't see the bartender, Kenji leaned over the counter and saw he was crouched on the floor. All Kenji could do was shake his head and take the sweet tea. He waited to see if Zanto and Setsuko would join him at the counter for drinks as their leisure time neared an end.

15Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Setsuko looked up at Zanto with her bright blue eyes they were bloodshot from all the crying.
The ANBU operative pushed off the wall and stepped in closer, but would shift his direction back to the bar. He took a seat once more. Bartender, wherever you are back there, bring me a sweet tea pleace, heavy ice and lots of lemon."
"How about you two have a few drinks, we have a little time to socialize before we have to head out."
Kenji turned around slowly, he hadn't introduced himself, ]"I'm Jenito by the way... I take it you're--Setsuko. You pack quite the punch." He said with his altered voice cracking and squeaking. His drink came up, but he didn't see the bartender, Kenji leaned over the counter looking at something.
Zanto leaned down next to her ear and whispered very softly.
"Don't reveal anything to him."
Setsuko had a bewildered look on her face and turned to the Anbu ninja and looked back at Zanto. He gave her the slightest of nods.
He then guided her over to the bar. She composed her self and wiped the tears off her face and replied to Kenji's comment.
Well when you have to move hundreds of pounds of barley on a daily basis you would have a mean punch too.
She looked back at Zanto with a worried look on her face.
"You are not staying for long?she inquired.
Zanto shook his head and replied.
Kiri is under attack we were sent fron Kumo to aid in the war effort.
She looked back down at her feet. Tears assembled in her eyes. She was afraid. Zanto was guilt stricken and you could see it on his face. He knew he made an impression, but he didn't realize how much of an impression. She truly cared for him.
He looked back at the counter and saw two beers infront of him.
'Damn...Zen would have made an excellent ninja.' Zanto thought.
]"It's ok Zen you can come out.Zanto said.

Slowly the big made stood up over the counter.

Geez. Haven't you ever herd the term "Hell have no fury like a women scorn?"Zen asked.

16Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Setsuku had attitude, when you run a bar you get some unsavory characters, you can't deal with those things without having attitude. Kenji fingers tapped the counter as the two reluctantly came over. He averted his attention back to his drink, he slowly sipped the tea, it ran down his mask. Jenito slowly realized he hadn't lift his mask up enough to drink the tea. He nervously cleared his throat and lifted his mask up slightly.

Setsuku, Zen, I've heard a lot about you guys. Tell me how y'all got such a shady reputation. So far it seems quite cozy here.

17Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
the big guy turned to Kenji and smiled.
You just have to know your way around here. Parts of this town are shady, but I think that rumor comes from how mischievous people get around here when they drink.
'Tell me about it.. When I first came to this town they poured honey on me and threw a bunch of feathers on me.' Zanto thought.
Setsuko giggled. She always had a cute laugh in Zanto's opinion.
"You might want to have an extra set a cloths with you when you come here.
She turned and playfuly elbowed Zanto.
" Isn't that right Zanto?"
Zanto's cheeks turned a faint pink. He grabbed his mug and drank the beer from it trying to stay out of this, but his attempts were going to be in vain and of coarse Zen was laughing at the memory too. He patted Zanto on the head and said.
"Cheer up Lad it's all in good fun."

18Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji figured the rumors centered around how people acted when they got a little liquor in them. The question Kenji posed sparked memories apparently as everyone but Zanto were laughing. Zanto was growing embarrassed. The sound of the door opening behind them caused Kenji to turn around. It was a tall and beautiful woman. Kenji altered the pitch of his voice to more romantic tone.

Setsuko and Zen greeted the woman, she was a new employee here. She walked gracefully behind the bar, swaying her hips with every step. She threw Oman apron and went into the back. Kenji saw the menu hanging from the ceiling above Zen, Kenji connected the dots,she was the chef. She swung open the door. Hi, I'm Tinata. Can I get anyone something from the menu. Her head tilted slight when her eyes fell on the masked man. It was times like this he hated his job. Her puzzled expression soon turned into a smile. Don't worry I've seen ANBU before. Kenji tapped his chin, Surprise me.

19Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
Zanto had never seen this Tinata before. His curiosity got the better of him and he decided to ask.

When did she start working here?
Setsuko turned to Zanto grinning.
She started about a week ago. Hard working great people skills. Business was doing well so Zen decided to give her a job.
Zen behind the counter was booming with laughter.
" That's not why I hired her Setsuko. I hired her because more people come when there are beautiful women around.
Setsuko turned and glared at Zen.
I'll take that as a compliment to spare your life you giant perv.
Although Zen wasn't actually being a pervert he did have a history of being on. Setsuko knew this and she was quick to correct him at every turn.
Zanto chugged the rest of his beer and stretched his arms out.
I'll be right back.
He got up and walked out the door. As soon as he was out he leaped to the roof and sat there looking back towards Kiri.
'What to do now? If I told Setsuko what I was doing for the war she would probably break my legs just to keep me from going.' Zanto thought.
"Whatcha doing up here?
Zanto turned around and saw Setsuko. She followed him up tot he roof.
"Afraid I'll run off again? Zanto inquired.
She walked over and sat down next to him. she looked upset.
"Of course I am Zanto. You just disappeared without even saying good bye and now you are telling me you will have to leave again to go fight in a war. It scares me Zanto.
'How troublesome. I might have to pull a vanishing act again just to go do my job.' Zanto thought.

20Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Tinata brought back a plate of hot wings. Kenji's mouth began to water, he then became nervous as the meal might get too messy. She said this wasn't her first time seeing an ANBU, she should know then that he can't eat this, he would have sneak off to a corner with a sheet draped over him. The sparkle in her eyes told him everything, he knew what game she was playing now. Kenji took a sip from his drink as he contemplated how he would tackle the delicious wings. Meanwhile, Zanto excused himself and left to get some fresh air, and Setsuku followed him. Interesting.

Tinata leaned over the counter, inching closer to Kenji. He wanted to laugh, it was obvious what she was trying to do and he thought it was amusing. She was very beautiful, if he took his mask off for anyone, it would probably be her. He lifted his mask up just a little bit, revealing his lips. Kenji perked his lips and gave her an air smooch. She laughed and threw her shoulder length brown hair back and headed back to the kitchen. She returned with another glass of sweet tea and a lot of napkins.

21Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Aulden

Aulden

D-rank
He was sitting on a roof next to a women who has a strange attachment to him. He sat there with her watching the sun set. He was wondering what was going to happen next.  In his mind there was no way this was going to work. The war could claim him at any moment and even if he survived he would just go back to Kumo. There was no way they were going to let him leave to be with her and she wouldn’t leave her home for a blood craving ninja.
What was he going to do?
He sat there silently for a while and much to his amazement Setsuko didn’t say a word.
“It’s like the time we spent together. The night you left.
Zanto looked over at her. Wondering what was going on in that head of hers. Then it hit him she was thinking about.
Flash back.
It was a cool summer evening. Zanto had a bandage on his shoulder and across his left eye. He was sitting on top of the Elixer of life looking at the sun set.
 “I never thanked you for saving me. Setsuko said nervously.
Zanto looked over at her and she looked back. It was an awkward moment for him as she just stared at him. He couldn’t make heads or tails of it.
She leaned into closer with her eye lids half open. What was he to do? What did she intend to do.
She continued to lean in and finally pressed her lips against his.
End of flashback.
It was light being smacked in the face with a club. It suddenly made sense to him why she was so attached. He allowed this to happen and it wasn’t her fault. A wave a guilt suddenly struck him.
What was he going to do?  He knew this wasn’t going to work. He could die in the war and leave her crushed, and even if he survived he couldn’t stay with her. Soon as the war was over he would have to go back to Kumo and he can’t ask her to leave her home for him. He tried to rationalize it, but nothing came. The only answer would be to leave and for her sake we would.
They talk for a little bit on that roof before heading back inside.
He walked up to Kenji and whispered in his ear.
“ We need to go. Now.”

22Aftermath (No kill) Empty Re: Aftermath (No kill) Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:05 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Zanto had snuck up on Kenji while he was eating his hot wings and said in his ear, "We need to go. Now" Kenji laughed and then stopped abruptly. He looked at the genin from behind his ANBU mask, "I guess he has a point." He went to the restroom to clean his hands and wash his face. The strutted out, "Alright, thank you so much for the hospitality. It was truly a pleasure meeting you all. Unfortunately, we must return to saving you wonderful village." Kenji bowed and exited the pub.

EXIT THREAD

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.