View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tsukino Empty Tsukino Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank

Symbol:

Tsukino D8Ha248
Clan: Tsukino

Kekkei Genkai: Thunder Dragon Sage Sealing Art [Raikouryuu Seijin Fuuinjutsu - 雷光竜 聖人 封印術]

Elements: Tsukino Rm9BJKs Raiton [Lightning]

Specialization: Tsukino Fuuinj10 Fuuinjutsu [Sealing Arts]

Clan History: The Tsukino are one of the older clan of Kumo; having existed in the general area of the village for centuries. They started as nothing more then war monks and priests of the old religions; that over time branched out and took on new jobs and ideals. When the teachings of the Sage of the Six Path's reached their lands, they became entranced with the ideas of Ninjutsu and chakra; finding them similar, but far more powerful, then the abilities they had honed as monks previously. Absorbing the teaching and knowledge as they found it; the clan transitioned from holy men to ninja. After a few generations, the first Raikage approached the clan head and offered a contract; the clan would be absorbed into Kumo, and Kumo would allow the clan to function as mostly a independent entity so long as they agreed to serve the village. As the clan had more or less allied themselves with the village over the years, the offer was accepted. The clan remained outside the village proper for the most part; retaining control of their ancestral lands as part of the deal with the Raikage. There they continued to evolve and hone their skills. Over the generations since, the clan had discovered a strong affinity within their ranks to one element over all others. Raiton, the chakra of Lightning. Some within the clan speculate this is due to the close proximity of the clan's lands to the Thunder Grounds. Who knows, maybe it's just a quirk of the clan's genome.

Kekkei Genkai Description:The Tsukino are ancient Fuuinjutsu masters; from a young age the children and acolytes of the clan fixate heavily in the art of seals and seal making, because of this, the clan has developed their own particular art of seals. These seals exist in a state that is layered upon a specialized base seal, which allows the individual seals to be essentially coded or programmed to express the effects of the seal in subtly different ways each time it is created. These differences are always minor and do not change the overall power and effect of the seal itself. An example of this would be as follows: by using a minor adjustment of a specific layer of a seal, the user can code a fuuin bushin to move in a particular pattern once it's seal is activated. Another would be changing the direction from which a burst of chakra is released from a base seal; that is to say, the user is to seal a burst of chakra within a clan-based seal, and by adjusting one of the layers of the seal, the chakra will be released angled to a specific direction in relation to the orientation of the seal, instead of directly outward as one would expect.

Due to generations upon generation spent living within the electrically charged Thunder Grounds outside of the village of Kumo, members of this clan, from birth, produce a passive electrical discharge from their skin. This charge is mild, but enough to cause discomfort when a person without Raiton resistances comes in contact with a clan member's skin. This field is passive, and it's power is directly tied to the user's rank as a ninja, and as such the effects do nit stack, as you only generate the field at one set power at any given time unless augmented by a secondary jutsu or ability. The power and damage of this field is as follows:

• Genin: Mild shock. No damage.
  • Chunnin: Painful shock. Causes tingling and short numbness.
  • Special Jounin: Powerful shock. Leaves first degree burns on contact point, and radiating numbness for several (3in) from contact point.
  • Jounin (A): Strong shock. Causes mild 2nd degree burns radiating from 2 inches from contact point
  • Jounin (S): Powerful shock. Causes moderate 2nd degree burns that radiate 4 inches from contact point and 1/2 inch into the layers of skin. Causes a 1 tier reduction to Reaction Time due to the effect of the electrical shock to the nervous system. This reduction lasts for 1 post.
  • SS-Rank: Devastating shock. Causes mild 3rd degree burns that radiate 6 inches from contact point and 1/2in into the layers of skin. Causes a 2 tier reduction to Reaction Time due to the effects of the electrical shock to the nervous system. This effect lasts 1 post.

Drawbacks: Due to events in the not so distant past of the clan, the bloodline in general has become extremely weak to the arts of Genjutsu, and as such are unable to ever take Genjutsu as a specialization, and all Genjutsu used against the clan is treated as being TWO (2) ranks more effective against them. This cannot be counterbalanced by any Special Characteristic or Passive abilities.

Members of this clan specialize heavily in Fuuinjutsu and Raiton, and tend to be overly confident in their abilities. As such, they must take the following Negative Special Characteristics.

Genjutsu Weakness:

Hesitant(Element):

Foolhardy:

Members:

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu: Name:Lightning Release: Detection Web
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Supplementary || Sensory
Element: Raiton
Range: 15m
Specialty: Fuuinjutsu
Duration: Passive
Cooldown: /
Description: This just is used primarily for detection purposes, and functions by the user projecting a web of Raiton chakra from the soles of their feet and onto the surface which they stand on. This web forms a circular area around the user that is 15m in diameter. The sensory of this web is simple, but useful; anything that passes through the web 'breaks' the contact of the strands of the web, which the user is able to sense in real time, and using the information given they are able to determine the general direction and a rough distance to the disturbance. This jutsu is not precise, the user is merely able to determine a general direction and a rough estimate (within 3 meters) of where the break in the web is in relation to their body; which is always the center point of the circle.

Name: Lightning Release: Barrier Web
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Supplementary, Defensive
Element: Raiton
Range: 5 meters
Specialty: Fuuinjutsu
Duration: - 15 chakra per post
Cooldown: Duration + 6
Description: The user channels Raiton chakra through their feet and into the ground below them, causing it to spread out in a spiderweb shaped pattern. The user then causes the web to rise up and 'close' around them, with chakra filling in the spaces between the lines of the web to create a solid barrier. This barrier is strong, but not unbreakable. It is able to repel all D-rank chakra and physical attacks, up to 2 C-rank chakra and physical strikes, and 1 B-rank jutsu or physical strike. Attacks of A-rank and above will instantly break this barrier. The barrier itself closes with speed equal to B0 speed (10m/s). Contact with the barrier itself causes a strong shock and moderate damage; equal to a shallow (>1/4th in) 2nd degree burn over 3 inches radiating from contact point and moderate pain. Anyone but the user in contact with the barrier for a total of 1 post takes -1 tier Reaction Time which lasts for 1 post.

Last edited by Raijin on Thu May 19, 2016 9:00 am; edited 10 times in total

2Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Shoutoko

D-rank
Moved for edits. Have at it, Shawn.

3Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 am

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
I could have sworn I had told someone I'd finished the edits to this a while back. ANYWAY! Bumping for reapproval, as I adjusted the drawbacks slightly and removed Generic Sealing from the clan jutsu.

4Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
bamp?

5Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Bumping again .___.

6Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 am

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
-whiiiiines-

7Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Houjin

Houjin

D-rank
-Punts this clan at staff. Again.-

8Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Noriko

Noriko

D-rank
Shocking people just by touching them needs to be detailed. Is it anything like the barrier enhancement ability below it? (I'd be fine with up to the B-rank being passive.)

Tap-Transfer sealing is an OK ability.

The shock ability, if I'm reading right, is only applied to other jutsu, which is fine.

Requiring an element and spec isn't a drawback, due to members most likely wanting to take them anyhow for maximum effectiveness with the clan (such as being able to use the clan's jutsu).

"They receive a -1 rank in Medical Ninjutsu, Summoning, Bojutsu, Sojutsu, and Puppetry. Tsukino receive a -3 rank and power to Genjutsu as a specialty." Is this a -1 to resistance or a -1 to the power of jutsu used of the listed elements? If the latter case, it's probably not a valid drawback either, if you're not planning on using said specializations/subspecializations.

-3 resistance to genjutsu is a good drawback. Very potent.

-2 to Malkavian genjutsu is more for flavor, I think?

Overall, you don't need many big drawbacks. The -3 to Genjutsu takes care of a lot of balancing.

9Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
The -2 to Malkavia Genjutsu is a history between the clans. The Malkavia used to experiment on them when they lived in the same area of Kumo; the result of which is the prevalence for unbalanced mentalities and the extreme weakness to Genjutsu.

Shocking people just by touching them needs to be detailed. Is it anything like the barrier enhancement ability below it? (I'd be fine with up to the B-rank being passive.)

This is literally a by-product of living inside the Thunder Grounds since before Kumo even existed; they're born, raised, and normally die surrounded by the electric fields produced by the storm. Because of that, their bodies are so charged with electrical energy in the for of Raiton chakra and natural lightning that it bleeds out from their skin. The detailing of the skin-based passive shock is the the chart. It's shared between both abilities. This is already been used on a few occasions. See: Hiragana getting fried.

As for the spec weaknesses; that part of the clan itself; it's put in the drawbacks because it functions as such; but again, it's a historical/physiological aspect of their bloodline.

10Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Sun May 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
KKG DESCRIPTION

1/ we no longer do +1's to specs and elements. You can have a +1 to the use of, just define it as the ability to use fuuinjutsu of a rank higher than they usually would.

2/ I need to detail the levels of the electric shock done from skin contact,

3/ For those added effects, i would like their fuuinjutsu with this ability to be raiton aligned and cost 5 additional chakra.

4/ Please state on the note of the weapon seals, say that compatible KKG weapons need to be stated on the weapon apps.

Disadvantages.

So many... so, your pros are 1: electrified skin. 2: a + to fuuin. 3: a +1 to raiton (which should be removed or changed.) 4: Electrified jutsu. 5: instant cast Fuuinjutsu.

All of which are active advantages which aid you in combat.

Your active disadvantages in combat is, your massive weakness to Genjutsu.

While the rest of them do not. taking a -1 in something that you likely do not intend to use, (similar to saying 'this clan can't use buki') is not a drawback which counteracts an active positive. While saying they can only have three specs and three elements total, 'does' inhibit the clan.

Long story short, you need more disadvantages. One to counter each pro numerically. -'s to stats count, weaknesses to specs and elements count, unbalanceable negative characteristics count.

Jutsu:

1: make the range 15m. How long are they rendered helpless? that's important, otherwise, this looks fineish as well as the speed of spreading etc.

2: You're going to need to define a lot more here, you're gonna need to define the electrical damage, the length of the stun, which you may need to remove entirely unless you want it to be A rank. is it a requirement that the other jutsu be used first? and speed of wrap around is also needed.

11Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Oookay. Bumping for first attempt at fixing this. Apologies is I'm really off on what's allowed when it comes to stat stuff.

12Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 am

Noriko

Noriko

D-rank
Since the KKG is now just shocking people, the total of three drawbacks should be enough to balance it.
So, let's look at the ability itself; which I have no problem with up to S-rank. The Reaction Time debuff shouldn't last more than 1, dare I say 2, posts.

Raiton: Barrier Web - The barrier, for its rank, is rather slow to be fabricated. With the additional chakra cost per post and the fact that an A-rank jutsu isn't even fazed by going through this (as opposed to receiving a -2 to damage), I think makes it more okay. I'd like some other facet to be toned down, since this has the maximum radius for its rank. Since it is maintainable, the cooldown also should be something like "Duration + X posts".

13Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Okay, so since why the hell now; I'mma bump this for another check to see what needs to be fixed; since I doubt Miles' last post stands anymore and I have people wanting to use this clan now.

14Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank

Jutsu

Make it 3 C ranks.

Rest looks fine.

15Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Tue May 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
So since I completely forgot to finish this before...

Gave the KKG a name, adjusted values for things, changed the wording for the sealing art KKG, adjusted drawbacks, added back in my detection web.

Pleasedon'thateme<3

16Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Wed May 18, 2016 6:45 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
KKG

I'd like a different example and some expansion on the implications on this unique fuuin, basically it seems to me like they can create fuuinjutsu which have directions, allowing them to have functions they can control by layering the seal, if so, specify.

No SS shock?

Drawbacks

good

Jutsu

1/ fine
2/ lower to 2 C rank strikes. and one of equal rank, due to the offensive element of the jutsu please.

17Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Wed May 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Ayakashi wrote:KKG

I'd like a different example and some expansion on the implications on this unique fuuin, basically it seems to me like they can create fuuinjutsu which have directions, allowing them to have functions they can control by layering the seal, if so, specify.

No SS shock?

Drawbacks

good

Jutsu

1/ fine
2/ lower to 2 C rank strikes. and one of equal rank, due to the offensive element of the jutsu please.

THANK YOU. For the life of me I couldn't remember the exact wording I wanted, so I round-about'ed it and got that gibberish I posted originally. I added a second example and clarified the one using the clone; if you still want the clone removed I will take it out.

There''d never been an SS Shock before, cause when the clan was originally made there wasn't an SS ninja rank, so you couldn't have passive SS abilities. Added one for the shiggles.

Jutsu updated.

18Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Ho long do the debuffs from the shock last? No more than one turn pref, and can they stack? If so, i want a maximum number of stacks listed, and for it to be no higher than 2. Could you make the radii of the shocks increase one inch at a time please so from 2, 3, 4, rather than 2, 4, 6. OR, you can lower the damage a tad to minor 3rd degree on SS. I'd also like the depth on the SS to be the same 1/2 inch, as you're increasing the damage, AND effect radii.

After that, this seems a gogo

19Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Thu May 19, 2016 9:02 am

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Adjusted values as requested, added in the 1 post timer. Clarified that the passive shock is tied to rank and cannot stack normally.

20Tsukino Empty Re: Tsukino Thu May 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Tsukino 2ryk94o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.