View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iki Clan Empty Iki Clan Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

Luca

Luca

Dead
Symbol: 
Iki Clan Light
Clan: Iki

Kekkei Genkai: Kami no Hikari (Light of God)

Elements: None

Specialization: None

Clan History: The Iki clan members are descended from the very few survivors of Hoshigakure's Mysterious Peacock Method training. Due to the after effects of the training, a genetic mutation arose that changed the color of their chakra to white. Over the generations since, a mythos has been created about the clan based on the color of their chakra, leading to the clansmen being called Angels of God. The clan themselves at first vigorously denied this, but over the years, the mythos strengthened to the point that no amount of denial would stop it.

The Clan itself is known for producing staunch pacifists, which further serves to solidify the clan's 'Alias'. Over the generations, some members of the clan have developed jutsu that further strengthened the world's belief that the Iki clan were of angelic descent.

When the Iki clan decides to settle in a ninja village, they request a meeting with the current Kage, with which they draw out a 'contract' of sorts with the Kage. So long as the current Kage follows what the Iki believe to be 'The path of Good', the clan will serve and follow him without question. However, the moment that the clan heads decide that the Kage is not following the path, the clan will terminate the contract and leave the village.

The Iki clan has only terminated their contract twice since their founding, the first time being when they left Hoshigakure, and the second when they left Iwagakure. When the clan decided to leave Hoshigakure, the kage ordered the ninja of the village to eliminate the clan, and to leave no trace of them. In response, the clan wiped the village from the map using a kinjutsu a clan member created.

When it came time for the clan to leave Iwagakure, the clan was allowed to leave in peace.  The Tsuchikage, fearing a repeat of the destruction of the star village, ordered his nin to stand down, and allow them safe passage. There was a condition, however. So long as the clan did not take any information that could be used against Iwa, no harm would come to them, and they would be allowed to return to the village if they chose to do so...

Kekkei Genkai Description: The kekkei genkai is merely a mutation of their body, that causes their chakra to manifest as white light. While this has no affect on how it performs in battle, many people view the usage of it as 'powers of the gods, manifesting in humans'.

While normally, the white color of their chakra only affects their non-elemental techniques, there have been documented cases of higher ranked elemental techniques turning white.

Drawbacks: None.

Members:

Iki, Luca

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu: Name: Wings of Light
Canon/Custom: Custom
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Element: Non-element
Range: Self
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: [Maintainable]
Cooldown: Duration + Four posts
Description: By concentrating their chakra, this jutsu manifests wings made of the Iki clan's signature white chakra upon the user's back. The purposes of this is to aid in defensive measures, such as blocking light projectile weaponry that have not been enhanced by chakra (kunai, shuriken, and senbon) and basic Taijutsu/Bukijutsu strikes (C -rank and below, where C is tier zero) as well as being able to 'turn aside' jutsu of D and C rank. In addition, The user is capable of powered flight when this jutsu is active, able to reach hieghts of 30 meters into the air. The wing span is roughly six and a half feet, with the outer most 'flight feathers' being approximately three-fourths the height of the clans-member.  

Name: Light Shield
Type: Defensive
Element: None
Range: Close
Duration: One - Two posts [Duration = Hands used]
Cooldown: Three - Five posts [One hand used = three posts. Five posts = Two hands used]
Description: This jutsu manifests a barrier of the Iki Clan's white chakra in front of the user. The barrier is normally the same height as the user, and  twice the width. The barrier can only protect the clans-member from two attacks of equal rank to the user or below; after which, the barrier is shattered. To perform this technique, the user most place their hands out before their body and release chakra from their palms. The chakra then flows together and condenses, forming out the shield. It is possible to use one hand to create the shield, but technique's power will be cut in half (Blocking one attack as opposed to two and lasting only one post instead of two).

Name: Wave of Light
Type: Offensive
Element: Non-elemental
Range: Mid (5m - 15m)
Duration: One post
Cooldown: Five posts
Description: This is peculiar jutsu, as it can be performed several different ways by members of the Iki clan. By touching the ground after concentrating thier chakra, the user is able to release a wave of chakra that tracks the enemy so long as they remain in thier line of sight. The chakra travels underground, exploding upwards in tall columns that are spaced several inches apart as it approaches the target; It moves at 20 meters per second. However, if one is unlucky enough to be caught in one of the explosions, they will be thrown upward roughly five feet into the air from the concussive force of the explosion. The force of the explosion is enough to cause major eternal bruising, with a possiblity of fracturing bones. (The jutsu has only moderate tracking. It will not twist over its own path to follow someone. In addition, hiding behind an object will not stop this jutsu. If the user knows that you are hiding behind an object, then they will direct this jutsu towards the object.)
Wave of Light:

Last edited by Luca on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 10 times in total

2Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Moved so Luca could update this :)

3Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Luca

Luca

Dead
Re-evaluation bump

4Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Please change the specialty of the first two jutsu from "Iki Clan" to "Ninjutsu" and the third to "Bukijutsu". Clarify a set duration for wings or take the end of the description out because as of right now they somewhat contradict each other and change the duration of the third jutsu from "one post" to "Instantaneous".

For wings, clarify "light projectile weaponry" as E-Rank projectile weapons and put a rank limit (preferably D) on what basic taijutsu strikes they can block. Not all punches/kicks are equal.

For wave of light, the damage the explosion does (if any) needs to be detailed. Also, moving unseen underground, being controllable, and stunning at C-Rank is too much. I'd remove the stun entirely and just say they are thrown up into the air.

5Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Luca

Luca

Dead
Wings:

The premise behind wings basicly that of 'visual'. When the jutsu is first used, up to six wings can be summoned. Depending on ranking, however, the user will only be able to concentrate and maintain a certain number. Hence, the mentionining of durations.

Wave:

Sorry, the part about the sword was written with the intention of describing how the the character (whose's name was later changed to Luca before approval) performed the technique. As stated in the description, there are several different ways to perform the tech -- it would be up to the user to determine how it was applied. As for it stunning and dazing something... if you get hit with somethin you did not see coming, nor was prepared for, would you not be a bit 'dazed and stunned' as you tried to figure out what the hell just happened?

As for each of the techs being labled as 'Iki Clan', it was meant for any clan member to have acess to the basic clan techs, reguardless of specs. In my eyes, it takes nothing to be taught how to perform something as simple as tossing up a hand and emmiting chakra from it, then molding it into a flat surface. I admit, the Wave of Light was a bit much to be free like that so I did change it to ninjutsu

6Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
So what I'm reading from this is that the maximum duration for the wings is 3 posts. That should be clarified in the "Duration" section of the jutsu app.

And no, when you get hit with a C-Rank jutsu you wouldn't be stunned because stunning is a distinct effect and is reserved for higher ranked jutsu, especially considering what else this jutsu can do. It isn't a C-Rank. Unless this "dazing and stunning" has a specific, tangible effect on the opponent remove it. And if it actually stuns a person for a duration, remove it or raise the rank of the jutsu. Also the way you are describing the jutsu is chakra flow, which is divided into two categories on saga: Bukijutsu and taijutsu. Pick one and label the jutsu as such, removing the other method or separate them into two separate jutsu.

Also, change the specializations from Iki clan to their appropriate specializations. Every clan has clan jutsu, but no clan allows you to use jutsu from specializations that the character does not know.

7Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Luca

Luca

Dead
Bokuden wrote:So what I'm reading from this is that the maximum duration for the wings is 3 posts. That should be clarified in the "Duration" section of the jutsu app.

And no, when you get hit with a C-Rank jutsu you wouldn't be stunned because stunning is a distinct effect and is reserved for higher ranked jutsu, especially considering what else this jutsu can do. It isn't a C-Rank. Unless this "dazing and stunning" has a specific, tangible effect on the opponent remove it. And if it actually stuns a person for a duration, remove it or raise the rank of the jutsu. Also the way you are describing the jutsu is chakra flow, which is divided into two categories on saga: Bukijutsu and taijutsu. Pick one and label the jutsu as such, removing the other method or separate them into two separate jutsu.

Also, change the specializations from Iki clan to their appropriate specializations. Every clan has clan jutsu, but no clan allows you to use jutsu from specializations that the character does not know.
Wings of light has no set duration. As I said, the 'duration' is only the amount of wings one can maintain for a set number of posts. The base number is two wings. A genin, when first activating this jutsu, create up to six wings. But, at the begining of the next post, they are forced to revert down to two wings if they wish to keep the jutsu active. But someone of Sannin rank will be able to maintain all six wings for as long as they wish, due to superior chakra control.

As for Wave of Light, I included a gif of what the attack was based on. The sword used in the gif is simply a medium through which the chakra uses to get to the ground. It is not enhancing the sword in any fashion. I could easily do the same with bending over and placing a hand on the ground, but where is the suprise in that?

8Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Luca wrote:

Wings of light has no set duration. As I said, the 'duration' is only the amount of wings one can maintain for a set number of posts. The base number is two wings. A genin, when first activating this jutsu, create up to six wings. But, at the begining of the next post, they are forced to revert down to two wings if they wish to keep the jutsu active. But someone of Sannin rank will be able to maintain all six wings for as long as they wish, due to superior chakra control.

As for Wave of Light, I included a gif of what the attack was based on. The sword used in the gif is simply a medium through which the chakra uses to get to the ground. It is not enhancing the sword in any fashion. I could easily do the same with bending over and placing a hand on the ground, but where is the suprise in that?
Wings seems overly complicated. If the extra wings offer nothing but aesthetics what is the point of limiting them to just two from the beginning?.

And adding the gif changed nothing. Using a weapon as a medium for a jutsu is bukijutsu. Make it a bukijutsu technique or remove channeling it through a weapon from the jutsu.

9Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 am

Naota

Naota

S-rank
Bokuden wrote:
Luca wrote:

Wings seems overly complicated. If the extra wings offer nothing but aesthetics what is the point of limiting them to just two from the beginning?.

And adding the gif changed nothing. Using a weapon as a medium for a jutsu is bukijutsu. Make it a bukijutsu technique or remove channeling it through a weapon from the jutsu.
The extra wings are aesthetics, but are still capable of blocking.

Wave of Light was already modified and changed to ninjutsu when I replied before. The gif was added to help you visualize how the jutsu functions. There is no invisible chakra; as soon as the chakra is released, the explosions start up. The tracking is very minor; it will not curve back around unless its takes a WIDE curve-- wide enough for it not to even bother.

10Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Naota

Naota

S-rank
Its been five days. Bumping this.

11Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Light shield needs to only be able to block two D or one C-Rank. You don't get a D-Rank that can block S-Rank jutsu. Increase the cooldown of Wave of light to 5 posts. And I still feel as though wings of light is way more complicated than it needs to be. If the extra wings aren't providing real benefit then why bother enforcing an entire system just to maintain them. I'd rather see the amount of wings be static or vary by the user's rank since they don't increase the power of the jutsu.

12Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:46 am

Luca

Luca

Dead
Bokuden wrote:Light shield needs to only be able to block two D or one C-Rank. You don't get a D-Rank that can block S-Rank jutsu. Increase the cooldown of Wave of light to 5 posts. And I still feel as though wings of light is way more complicated than it needs to be. If the extra wings aren't providing real benefit then why bother enforcing an entire system just to maintain them. I'd rather see the amount of wings be static or vary by the user's rank since they don't increase the power of the jutsu.
Changed the shield to D-S. It will be able to block up to the user's rank. I hope that anyone that uses it will have the sense to use it to block frontal attacks, and not a widespread AOE.

13Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Noriko

Noriko

D-rank
Wings of Light: You detail the variable duration in Description; do so also in the Duration section.

Wave of Light: Does the explosion cause any damage by itself? Does hitting the ground cause any specific damage? Detail.

Otherwise this clan is fine. <3

14Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Kage No Akira

Kage No Akira

D-rank
Can I get a clarification as to where this clan is located? Scattered or Kiri?

15Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Kage No Akira

Kage No Akira

D-rank
Approved

16Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Clan Update - jutsu edit requests ~

Wings of Light: Before I get into reviewing the rest of the technique, I would honestly recommend this to be a higher rank. That being said, fractional increases in a stat no longer exist, so it will have to be a solid +1 to speed - which can only occur at C rank (with drawback) or B rank (without drawback). As for blocking projectiles, specify that they cannot be enhanced by chakra - if they are they'll need a specific number of equal rank projectile attacks that you can block. The number of wings … this doesn't specify what the additional wings will do. Do they increase its flight / stat buff / defensive properties at all, or are they simply there? Clarify that.

Iki Clan wrote:Clans-members are allowed to summon up to six wings at once, but with each pair summoned past the first, the usage is reduced by one post, depending on rank.

This implies that the technique has a set duration of which can be reduced with the creation of more wings. But the technique is maintainable, which makes it highly confusing unless the portion after it is read. I would say remove the above sentence entirely, and specify that number of wings & their duration for each rank in a list format.

Light Shield: Clarify what duration & cooldown corresponds to which rank.

Wave of Light: Give this a set speed; use the new jutsu rules for an appropriate speed at C rank. Also specify the number of total columns.

17Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Wed May 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Luca

Luca

Dead
Partial edit. Fixed Wings and Shield. Removed the speed boost from wings, also would like to discuss the funtionality of the xtra wings, if thats alright

18Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Mikage

Mikage

D-rank
Wings of Light: Specify that it's D-0 rank Strength and lower basic strikes only, anything higher (up to D-3) would limit it to blocking on a handful of strikes. Specify how fast the user can glide - not to fast or user speed, unless you increase the rank / remove defensive properties. What functionality for the extra wings are you referring to?

Wave of Light:
Iki Clan wrote:It moves at the speed of a normal ninja running at top speed.
Remove this, and give it a set speed appropriate to its jutsu rank. State how high an opponent is thrown up, and the damage that will occur to the target.

19Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Luca

Luca

Dead
Edited. Changed a few things about the wing jutsu.

20Iki Clan Empty Re: Iki Clan Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Tame

Tame

D-rank
Approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.