You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Long Shot [Training/Private] Empty Long Shot [Training/Private] Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The morning was humid as Kenji strolled through the Chikara compound. It was always peaceful around the early hours. Kenji greeted the few familiar faces that were scattered around; a few folks tending to the crops and others at the market getting their shopping out of the way early. As the Genjutsu master waved and spoke he began to fully discern the difference of how he was currently treated in relation to how he used to be addressed. Kenji wasn’t a complete fool, he knew with strength came respect, now that Kenji was considerably more powerful a shinobi than he was as a child, which was to be expected, people treated him differently. Most people assumed such a rebellious and troublesome child would never fit in the structure of the clan, not to mention become a successful ninja. Kenji was well regarded amongst the villagers and was always one of the top names the Raikage referred to when an important mission was brought to her attention. Some customers outwardly demanded that Kenji be the one to take the mission. Over the years Kenji has just been a blip of the drastic military transformation of Kumogakure. The village hidden among the clouds has recently been host to some of the most feared and formidable shinobi the ninja world could produce. This was also turbulent times, nothing like what Kenji’s and other’s ancestors had endured with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shinobi world wars but alertness was still a necessity. Therefore, whenever an issue of security arose Kumogakure shinobi were the first on the list to be contracted.

Kenji never dwelled too much on those issues, as the time he would leave the cloud village was looming. He never felt better about his decision. He would do anything to be fully reunited with his love, Latika. Never did the blue hair fellow take himself for a romantic but he did take himself as loyal. Latika and he trusted and protected each other, and it was now his duty to preserve that. Like he told her and Ebull, there were things in the cloud village that he had to accomplish before he could make it official and rejoin Latika. Kenji never felt any real obligation to Kumogakure, he had only lived in the village for a little over 6 years, other than that he lived in the wilderness isolated from the shinobi world. His clan ostracized him at an early age, so only his father, uncle, and mother compelled him to stay. Yes, he had forged many bonds since his stay, but it was merely a season. In time everything changes, and his time to embark on a new journey was upon him.

It was fascinating to Kenji how one observation could spawn a train of thought that nearly bears no resemblance to what caused the thought; the power of association he proposed. He was now but a few miles out from where he was to meet his father so he could teach him the way of the bow, archery.

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

2Long Shot [Training/Private] Empty Re: Long Shot [Training/Private] Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji finally reached the field, an area he had never entered. It was indeed a training ground for archers. Kenji showed great promise early on in Kenjutsu and Onojutsu, but it was common for many Chikara to excel in Kyuujutsu as well, just not Kenji. He always admired the patience, accuracy, and stealthness of archers, but in order to wield his clan's Supa Hane he needed Kenjutsu and in order to wield his clan's famed Chikara Dual Lightning Axe he needed to first master Onojutsu; therefore, he just hasn't had the time to consider Kyuujutsu let alone learn it. The shinobi however was confindent in his knowledge of archery. He felt he had a satifactory understanding of the concept of the skill. It was mostly a skill utilized from long range, sniping opponents from a distance. Many of Kenji's skills would be amplified by an increased long range arsenal.

Good morning son, I take it you are prepared to learn Kyuujutsu.

His father spoke with a Kyuujutsu weapon attached to his back, it looked to be a crossbow. Kenji raised an eyebrow at the weapon as his father continued.

Currently, your two Bukitjutsu fightning styles make you a threat against anyone in close range and your Genjutsu combined with your speed makes you dangerous from mid range. You get where I'm going with this. Despite your few long range Genjutsu you have little to no fighting options from long range. Now, not only does Kyuujutsu increase your range of attacks but it's also a great skill in general to be proficient in.

Kenjhasi removed his crossbow from his back and placed in on the ground. He took out a small scroll froma a pouch on his waist. From the scroll emerged a basice bow and arrows.

Kyuujutus is much like Genjutsu as it is complemented by stealth and deception. I understand that you are knowledgeable of the art, so we will jump right into practice. Come retrieve this bow and an arrow.

Kenjhasi pointed his right, drawing Kenji's attention to the targets that were scattered across the kyuujutsu training ground. There were targets that were 5 meters away from him and Kenjhasi to what Kenji approximated to be 150/200 meters away.

We're going to start with the 5 meter target, the main purpose is for you to become accustomed to the mechanics of the bow. Technique is essential to the execution of archery.

Kenjhasi proceeded to instruct Kenji on stance and arm/hand position. He continued to lecture Kenji on the mechanics of the bow, going draw weight and how much force Kenji needed to apply and so on...

Now Kenji, take your stance, aim, then shoot.

3Long Shot [Training/Private] Empty Re: Long Shot [Training/Private] Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji wielded the bow, took his stance, and focused on the rather close target. He relaxed his fingers then released the arrow for the target. Kenji hit the target right in the middle.

Not too bad ay.

Kenjhasi smiled

Yeah, for 5 meters. In combat you will rarely get an opportunity to draw an arrow against an opponent that is 5 meters away. You had a good open stance but your follow through needs work. The only reason you hit the target was because of its short distance. A follow through like that won't cut it on a further target. Ok, let's try again. Take your stance, nock the arrow, relax and follow through.

Kenji was now loading up to take on a target from 20 meters out. Kenji continued his routine and got into his open stance, knocked his bow, and as he anchored it he relaxed and controlled his breathing.

Remember to follow through; remain steady throughout the entire motion.

Kenji drew the arrow back a little further and tightened his muscels so that his grip wouldn't waver. He unleashed the arrow and took off in a flash for the 20 meter target. The force behind the arrow was impressive as it rattled the wooden target. Kenji just missed the middle, he began to smile as he looked back at his father.

I think I have the hang of this.

Alright, load up and go for the 50 meter target. Kenji looked on with despair. The target was not only 50 meters away but it was also about 20 meters high.

That doesn't count as 50 meters, that's about 55 meters away due to the height.

That main thing here that needs to be accounted for is the angle of release. The angle of which you release the arrow will fully determine where it will land. The further away a target is the great the angle you'll have to use, assuming you're using a traditional bow like this. When using a crossbow or any other mechanical bow, the angle necessary won't be as great.

Kenji exhaled.

How am I supposed to know what angle I need to release from?

Ok, draw back with near full or full force. Then, raised the bow slightly. Laws of physics or gravity apply, what comes up must come down. Your arrow will not sustain a constant height, it will drop. Therefore, the common rule is to line your arrow up about 15-30 degrees above the target will full force and you should hit the target, most of the time. As you get better in Kyuujutsu it will come naturally and you will yourself able to calculate the trajectory perfectly, assuming you put in the effort to train. Now give it a try.

Kenji after several failures finally hit the target. After his 20th shot he hit the bullseye.

I think I have it now. What's next?

Okay, the last thing that a novice archer like yourself needs to consider is the environment. The speed and direction of the wind are essential calculations for an archer. Also, temperature at times will also affect your shot. I will leave determing a method to account for the envrionment up to you. As a shinobi well versed in the use of weapons, it should be an easy task. Very well son, you have succeeded in learning and using Kyuujutsu. You're an archer now.

Kenji chuckled, Alright, I'll do that and thank you for teaching me.

Kenji handed the bow back to his father and he sealed it back in his scroll.

1574: LEARNING KYUUJUTSU COMPLETE!

-EXIT THREAD`

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.