You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Stayin' Alive [Open] Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Jaes smiled as the fireball came towards him, fire could not stop him nothing could he was invincible. He took off as fast as he could towards the large ball of fire roaring towards him, leaping into the air and jumping through the fireball. The boy could see the flames lashing across his body but he felt no pain, pain was a disease only the weak suffered from and the boy was far from weak. The boy landed on the other side of the fire, ducking and rolling across the ground before jumping immediately back on his feet and dropping down into his Shuurai Tekken Do Stance. Jaes knew what he had to do, he needed to end this fight now. Whether he would admit it aloud or not this fight had taken a lot out of him, he was winded and his breathing shallow he would not last much longer but he would not quit either. This friendly spar between fellow shinobi had shifted into overdrive and there was only one way it would end now, and that was with Jaes' standing over the lifeless body off his opponent. Jaes inhaled a deep breath as he readied himself to strike the man, that's when something happened that the young Tsuyoi had never experienced. Jaes' body collapsed out from under him, lying on his back as the torrent of rain poured down upon him as his vision blurred. "Is this it? Is this the extent of my abilities?" The boy questioned himself as he began to slip into unconsciousness, "I'm coming home, Jade." Was the boy's last thought as everything went dark.

The boy awoke with a start to a pungent odor in a strange room, his vision blurred and his memory weak, the last thing he remembered was being in a fight. The room was silent apart from the boy's heavy breathing, Jaes began to squint his eyes in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images of the room in an attempt to get a bearing on where exactly he was. Jaes took in the simple cream color of the walls and the green of beds and curtains that filled the room, even in the dim light of the moon coming into the room from the window the boy could see that the room was devoid of any beauty or decorations. Twelve beds filled the room counting the one he was on each with their own curtain that can separate each bed from the others, however it seemed he had the room to himself as there was no one else in any of the beds. Jaes moved to get out of the bed when he realized that his entire body was covered in bandages, "great I'm in the hospital." Jaes thought aloud to himself as he tried to figure out what happened and why he was here, then it all came flooding back to him like a tidal wave.

The boy shook his head realizing that he had lost to Tomohiro, if his father was still alive to see him now he would be ashamed. "How do you expect to restore the honor and power of our house when you cannot even beat an opponent in a one on one fight like that?" The question rang through the boy's mind in his father's voice, causing the boy to hang his head in shame. Jaes moved himself to the edge of the bed swinging his legs off the side as he pushed himself up off the bed. The boy did not even get fully onto his feet before his arms buckled beneath him and his legs were not strong enough to hold his weight, falling to the hospital floor with a loud crash. Jaes was still in a daze when the nurse burst into the room rushing to see what all the commotion was, although she tried to hide it Jaes could see the smile she had on her face and the sound of a small giggle as she found him sprawled out on the ground. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up," she said as she helped him up off the ground and back onto the bed. "Do I know you?" Jaes found himself asking before he even realized what he was saying, it was obvious the nurse had been caring for him. "Oh of course, my apologies." The nurse said with a blush, "my name is Yuri and I've been looking after you for the past two weeks." Jaes was glad that he was sitting because otherwise he would of been on the floor again at the woman's words, two weeks what the hell had he really been unconscious for two whole weeks. Before he could ask her anything else the nurse began to speak again, "you were covered in severe Burns and cuts over more than ninety percent of your body, it took longer than we expected to heal you, as it seems your body was trying to reject the treatment..." Jaes listened as the woman spoke yet he could not believe her words, how could he be so weak he should have been able to withstand the damage from the fight he did not even feel anything from it. Jaes was convinced that he had collapsed from exhaustion or a mental defect that was missed when he was a child, but she's tell him that his body was in shock and that was why he collapsed. The boy was pulled back from his thoughts as the nurse made mention of Tomohiro, "did you say Tomohiro?" The boy asked interrupting what the nurse was saying. "Well yeah," she said with a slight glare. "Tomohiro brought you in, said you guys went overboard in a spar. He stayed for a while to make sure you were ok, but the life of a shino waits for no one and he was called out on a mission."

Anger swelled in the boy's chest as he moved to stand again only to have the nurse stop him, "not so fast big guy. You're not going anywhere you have to take it slow, you've been in this because for two weeks and your muscles need time to get their strength back." She stated in a stern yet friendly tone, "I think I'll be fine," Jaes replied as he tried to move her out of the way, however before he could the nurse tapped him on his forehead and his body went limp as she slowly lowered him back to lying on the bed. "The effects will wear off shortly but I cannot have you trying to leave again, we will start your muscles therapy tomorrow morning and after a few days you'll be back on your feet." She stated in the same kind but stern voice as she walked back to the doorway stopping briefly and turning back towards Jaes, "now you be a good boy and get some rest," she stated before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her. 'Yeah right rest, I've been sleeping for the past two weeks.' Jaes scoffed to himself as he struggled to move yet to no avail. The boy did not know what the woman had done to him but whatever it was it was strong, he could not even wiggle his little finger. As he stared up at the ceiling of the hospital room his thoughts returned to his fight with Tomohiro, if he had been smarter about the whole situation he would not be lying here in this bed but he had let his pride get in the way and it had costed him dearly. He vowed that he would never be that foolish again, he will learn from this mistake and never leave himself open as he had in the fight with Tomohiro.

It was nearly three hours before the boy found himself able to move again, this time he maneuvered himself more slowly so that what happened the last time would not happen again as he did not want the nurse to be alerted again. The woman was right in the fact that his muscles were in fact weak, but they would not get any stronger laying in this bed. The boy made it up on his shaky knees taking a step before falling forward and catching himself on the bed next to his, after what seemed like a lifetime to the boy he found his strength returning to his legs and slowly made his way to the window using the different beds for support when he needed them. As he reached the window he looked out to find that he was on the third floor, "damnit," he said as he looked back to the door of the room. He doubted that he would be able to get past the nurse out there, looking back out the window he saw the roof of the building across the street. It wasn't as tall as the hospital and if he got a good push off he could make it to it, but if he failed he would end up splattered on the street below.

Jaes took a deep breath, his adrenaline was pumping as much as it was during his fight that got him put in this place. He needed to get back to training, stepping back from the window he readied himself to launch out the window and onto the roof across the street. Sprinting back across he room he leaped through the window with a crash, flinging himself over the street and landing on the roof with a hard thud. As he landed on the roof looking up at the stars in the night sky he couldn't help but think of how much of an idiot he was for jumping out the window like that, however he needed to get back to training he had already slacked off enough. Jaes stood as he dusted the debris off of himself, the bandages that covered his body had begun to unravel revealing his tattoo covered torso and arms. He thought briefly about stopping by his apartment to check on Grimnir, the damage the cub had caused the boy's one bedroom apartment over the past two weeks was probably equivalent to a hurricane on the coast. Jaes let out a sigh as he began his journey down onto the street and his way towards the training grounds, his apartment was on the way anyhow.

2Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 am

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Stayin' Alive [Open] Tumblr_n1goejaInT1snca5zo2_r1_400

The night sky looks especially close tonight. Yammy thought to himself as he stood outside of the Kumogakure Hospital. His Grandmother had been hospitalized here for a few weeks now after the incident with his Father. Rena's grandson was reliable and consistent in visiting her. He hadn't missed a day since her hospitalization. He hadn't been sleeping much since then either. He was constantly worried for the safety of his grandparents. Often waking abruptly from his sleep from visions of how things could've gone on that day.

Yammy graduated from the academy, however he had no squad and no longer had friends. All his time had been spent training at home with his Grandfather and visiting his Grandmother in the hospital. His life had changed drastically over the past few weeks. Where as he once found joy and excitement in seeing his parents, he now could only think of what hi father had done. He was already a outsider and with this recent incident he became even more of a recluse. There was a strange calm within the village. Normally there would be some kind of bustling; though he wasn't complaining. With all that's been going on Yammy took a chance to take in the silence and go for a walk.

His gaze went from the stars and clouds above back to ground level, as he began walking. That's when Yammy heard what sounded lie a window breaking. It echoed through the empty streets. Yammy looked up to see a shadowy figure jumping from the window of the hospital to a vacant rooftop. Thinking it may be his father Yammy gripped his chest taking a hold of his shirt. He felt the blood begin to rush through his body causing his heart rate to increase. He rushed to the building making his body level itself out to not over exert his heart. Who he saw when he arrived immediately caused the young shinobi to calm down.

From what he could see on the dim light street was another genin who appeared to be slightly older. However the boy was far shorter than Yammy was. He was wrapped in bandages, some of which slightly stained with blood. Yammy could only assume it was a mix of the genins jump from the window, and old wounds. Yammy didn't exactly know what to say, so he let his body act as it wanted. "Yo, you all good?" He asked making sure his voice could be heard. His black clothing would make it slightly hard for him to be seen fully.

Word Count: 435/3000

Last edited by Yammy on Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Dropping down into a secluded alleyway the boy let out a sigh, it was clear to him that he was not at one hundred precent yet. He was weak and that was something he could not stand, he had to get his strength back and the only way he knew to do that was to get back to training. One of the best things about walking at night though was the fact that there would not be anyone on the street to bother him, this thought brought a slight grin to the young genin's face as he exited the alleyway on to the dimly lit street heading for the training grounds his long dark blue hair flowing behind him as he walked. The grin was short lived, quickly turning to a frown at the sound of a voice from behind him. Of course there just had to be someone on the street tonight of all nights, and they just had to talk to him. Jaes turned his head slightly so that the right side of his face could be seen by the person standing behind him, and he could see who it was trying to talk to him without having to fully turn around. "Yeah all good," he stated in an annoyed yet calm tone as if he was trying to be polite to the stranger, the stranger was dressed in black save for the scarf that covered his face. Jaes did not know whether the boy was trying to hide his identity or simply liked wearing scarfs, either way it did not really matter to the young genin. Jaes took a moment to size the other boy up, it was hard to really see much of him in the dim light and most of him was covered anyway. The one thing that Jaes could tell was that the boy was close to a foot taller than him, of course size does not matter it is the person's skill that proved their worth, at least in the genin's eyes. Jaes began removing what was left of the bandages that covered his upper body as he turned his head back to face in front of him once more, "I am just out for some training, and enjoying the nice night" the boy stated in a loud tone so that he could be heard however it was obvious that he was merely attempting to be nice when in truth he just wanted to be left alone.

Jaes would pause a moment after he spoke before he continued down the street heading for the training grounds, not really caring if the other boy followed him or not. If the boy did follow him, Jaes would of course try his best to continue to be polite and not feel annoyed by the company as it would probably be good for him to get some kind of interaction with other shinobi of the village that were meant to be his brothers in arms. Considering the fact that he hardly knew anyone in the village and very few of them were shinobi it would probably be best to not shunn the ones that try to interact with him, adding to the fact that the last shinobi he had meet landed him in the very hospital that he was now trying to escape from, Jaes shook his head slightly at the thought before he looked to see if the boy was indeed walking behind him. Considering he had not far from where the boy was when he had called out to him, if the boy was not already following him Jaes would call out to him, "Care to join me for some late night training?" If the boy was already moving with him or if the boy chose to join him at his request and close by Jaes would introduce himself to the stranger while continuing the path to the training grounds, "My name is Jaes Tsuyoi, and I am a Genin of the Hidden Cloud." The boy would wait for a response before he added, "I am sorry if my behavior early was rude, I have been locked up in that hospital long enough and I just want to get some training done to get back to my old self if you know what I mean." While the young genin's tone was polite it would be obvious that politeness is something that he was forcing himself to do and not something that is natural for him.

754/2518

4Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 am

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Yammy raised a eyebrow at his peers tone of voice, with each word the genin spoke it made his ears perk a little. He could hear that the casual conversation was being forced slightly. Based on the genins body language, as well it appeared that the boy wanted nothing to do with Yammy.

Yams could see that his peer had been eyeballing him. He never understood these types of people. This made him smile, almost letting out a chuckle. Those types who feigned politeness, or seemed to shun relations. "That's good to know that you're alright. Even though it's kinda dark out here it's not hard to see that you obviously are bandaged up kid."

Yammy gave off a boisterous big brother tone in his voice. "I may not be a doctor, however don't you think it may be a bit early for you to attempt training, since your bandaged up?" Yams asked as the genin began removing his bandages. This boy seemed a bit odd, or maybe awkward was a better term for it.  Yammy sighed a little. "Exactly why you shouldn't be yelling. It's such a nice night. We wouldn't want to disturb anyone." He responded in a hushed tone.

Yams could tell this boy was a handful to deal without even fully knowing him. He based this assumption purely on his attitude towards Yammy. Not wanting to seem like a nag when he'd just met the genin, Yammy kept the rest of his thoughts to himself. At least until he thought what his Grandparents would say in a situation like this.

He immediately changed his mind and decided to speak, obviously that was his role in this situation. "That kind behavior could be detrimental to your relationships with fellow shinobi you know." Although  it sounded like a question Yams words rang as a statement.

Yammy stopped talking abruptly when the genin turn away from him and began walking away. He sighed and hung his head, while rubbing the back of his head and neck. Yammy remained standing were he was, due to that fact. However once he heard the boy begin talking again, Yams had decided perhaps the boy was trying to reach out for  friend.

If anyone where to see Yammy all they would see is a single leaf fluttering in the wind. He had used Body Flicker, in order to appear before Jaes, right when he was saying his name and lineage. "I'm not to sure if I should accept your invitation given you weren't released from the hospital. More so than you jumping out of the window like a midnight vigilante." Yammy responded with a smirk.

He was standing directly in front of Jaes, as if he was trying to prevent him from reaching the training grounds. In all honesty that's exactly what his motive was for blocking the young Tsuyoi's path. "I am Yammy. You can call me Yams." He responded.

"Rude? Yeah I guess you could say that. Not directly looking at someone who's talking to you. Having a attitude towards someone you don't know and have never met. That eyeballing that you did briefly. There were a ton of things someone may consider rude. Honestly in my opinion you sound like you need a friend."

Yammy said in a boisterous manner. "I know for a fact you'd feel more like your old self after getting the proper amount of rest Jaes." God I sound like one of the nurses. Yams thought to himself. "How about this. You go home for the night and we train in the morning." Given Jaes earlier tone and general mood that Yammy could place, this probably wouldn't even work in stopping Jaes from over exerting himself.

Word Count: 1072/3000

Last edited by Yammy on Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Jaes was supprised when Yammy stood directly in front of him, it was more than a little annoying as the boy was now blocking his path to the training grounds as the boy spoke. Jaes let the boy name off all the things that were so rude about his behavior, he did his best to look like he was listening as the boy spoke when in reality he did not really care. Like others before him the boy was just listing Jaes' qualities, this was who he was and if people did not like him then he was not worried about it. Jaes was a stubborn mule, he was set in his ways and nothing and no one would ever change him, and those who tried to change him would either stop or they would die. It would be nothing for Jaes to kill this boy and then go and train, it would not be the first time and the boy was sure that it would not be the last time he would have to take a life. Jaes could feel Raiton flowing through his body aching to be released, it would only take a few seconds at this range with the boy so close. Jaes exhaled a breath softly releasing his urge to do what was natural for him, he was here for a reason and killing this boy would not be a step in the right direction, besides the boy kind of amused him.

Jaes smirked when the boy spoke of rest making him feel like his oldself, 'what the hell, does he work for the hospital too? it would be just my luck to have run into an employee of the hospital as I am trying to get away from it' Jaes thought to himself,as he pictured the nurse that had been in his room earlier and the reasoning behind him leaving the hospital in the manner in which he did. Jaes snapped back when the boy had finished his proposal of him going home and resting and then training in the morning, he did not understand why this boy and everyone else thought that they knew what was best for him. None of them had the faintest idea of the life of a Tsuyoi, of how they were forged in fire and blood and constantly pushing yourself further than before. The most important of all was that rest was for the weak, only the strong survive and if you can not push yourself to the limits then you have no business being alive let alone calling yourself a warrior. In fact at the compound even a hint of the fact that you were not at full strength could get you killed, weakness was a disease and it had to be dealt with swiftly and effectively least it spreads to the collective.

"My name is Jaes Tsuyoi, heir to the Tsuyoi Bloodline and Rightful leader of my clan. When I was born I was cast out declared to weak to live and I survived, I have survived years with little to no food, and I have survived every other task that was put in front of me. I forged my own path through blood and sweat my entire life, Everything I have accomplished was because of this path and everything I will accomplish I will earn the same way I have everything else. So I ask you this, who are you to say what will get me back to my old self? I do not know you, so your opinion on my old self has no ground to stand on." Jaes would glare at the boy while he spoke, not in a threatening way but more of a way to convey the seriousness of his words. "Now I am only saying this because I am trying to be polite, but you know nothing of me or my life to say anything to me about what is best. I will tell you the samething I told that stupid nurse, I am tougher than I look and I have been through a lot worst. Now I have been resting for the past two weeks and I am ready to get back to training, so move from my path so I may go train. You are still welcome to join me so long as you do not try to tell me what is best for me, I know what is best and that is the end of it."

749/3267

6Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Yammy felt a tenseness in the air. Obviously his decision to block his path did not sit well with Jaes. He had seen that from the look on Jaes face to the tone in his voice. 'I've been out of touch with people my age for awhile. Maybe I should try actually Helping a way he'd like.' Yammy's suspicions became confirmed when, Jaes, he began running down his family lineage. The more he explained the more Yammy began thinking of the clans he was told about growing up. The Tsuyoi clan was renowned for their physical prowess. Yammy had heard once they were known as Juggernauts, unstoppable forces, once they reached maturity. Something inside of Yammy wanted to test this theory.

'Maybe a quick spar with one of my peers would prove useful. Besides it doen't seem like he respect me to much as is. Since he seems to value training so much, he must have a fetish for power. Only way to get through to those kinds of people is too met them were they are at.' Yammy sighed slightly at Jaes. He'd definitely taken things out of context. 'Ah well, it happens.'  He felt his anger begin to rise slowly. He couldn't tell if it was from this constant tone coming from Jaes, or the general attitude of the young Tsuyoi. Either way Yammy did his best to withstand his urge.

"Honestly Jaes. I don't know you, however I have met and currently live with those who've had a harder life than you. At least form what you've told me. You are the productive of your past, environment, and circumstance. You are the one who chooses to break your body to no end. You are not a product of you clan, nor are you bound by their rules or standards." Yammy rubbed his hand against his dreadlocks causally. "Why not break the mold they have set, if you really are the heir to the clan as you say."

The next statement that came from Jaes mouth wasn't exactly wrong, nor did Yammy feel threatened, however it sent him over the edge. It made Yammy want to give the Tsuyoi just what he wanted. Keywords and the continued glare that Jaes gave are what somewhat angered Yammy. Although he was older by a few years, Yammy to was still a teenager. Which meant he was young, quick to act on his emotion.

"Now I am only saying this because I am trying to be polite. I will tell you the samething I told that stupid nurse, I am tougher than I look and I have been through a lot worst. Move from my path. Do not try to tell me what is best for me, I know what is best and that is the end of it."

Is all Yammy heard. He casually smiled at Jaes, who was within a arms reach, without a single word Yammy sent his left leg into the side of Jaes. His attack was swift and sturdy. Given the range it would've been slightly difficult to dodge, however Yammy expected Jaes to defend in some manner. Given the damage he'd already taken this was the optimal place to attack. Yammy remembered seeing certain areas on Jaes body being bandaged. Yammy quickly brought his foot back down to the ground. He prepared himself to counterattack or dodge any incoming attack.

If the strike were to connect, Yammy, using his right hand would send a hook to the ribs of Jaes on his right side. Even if Jaes managed to block his attack Yammy knew the attack would still have a affect on the damaged limb of the Tsuyoi. If his attack were caught Yammy would use Jaes as leverage. Quickly hopping up, lifting himself into the air, in order to kick Jaes in the head using his right leg. In a split second all these scenarios ran through the mind of Yammy. He was prepared for whatever outcome my happen. In the event Jaes actually managed to dodge. They would be back to square one.

"Why wait until we get to the training grounds. We can start right here, right now." Slight agitation could be heard in his voice. Even still Yammy took consideration of his tone of voice, making sure not to be so loud someone would hear him. Besides, that would mess up their nighttime 'squabble'. "Let's test your medal. Mr. Heir to the throne." Yams felt disrespected in many ways and chose to explain to Jaes in multiple ways. "You disrespect how I was raised. You disrespect the Nurses who saved my Grandmothers life, and you disrespect any and every person who's lived a life you know nothing of who simply wants to help you." Yammy said sternly, as if he was talking a little brother he'd never had.

Word Count: 1829/3000

Last edited by Yammy on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
The boy seemed to have thought Jaes weak having just left the hospital, as Jaes finished speaking the boy struck him with his leg. Though Jaes did not feel anything from the strike, the boy had enough force behind the kick that it caused Jaes to stagger slightly before the boy connected with a right hook to the ribs. Like so many before him this boy had made a mistake, Jaes could have forgiven him for his words from before, but the sucker punch even if it did nothing to the Tsuyoi was an insult that could not be allowed to stand. A fire ignited within Jaes and he did not care for the boy's words nor did he speak anymore, Jaes would move quickly and effectively bending his knees and twisting his body. Jaes entered his Shuurai Tekken Do Beginning Stance before moving in close to the boy to get within his guard and delivering a uppercut, before shifting his weight on his forward foot and twisting to deliver a round house kick with his back leg. Jaes would then shift his footing once more entering the Shuurai Tekken Do Offensive Stance and charging forward towards the boy that was pushed back by the roundhouse, delivering four quick strikes before jumping into the air aiming to kick his target in the chest before using the backwards momentum to put some distance between the two of them and lowering himself into the Shuurai Tekken Do Defensive Stance as he readied himself for his opponent to make the next move, however if the boy took too long Jaes would move in again to strike the boy a few times before backing off yet again.

If any of his attacks were to be countered he would move straight to the leaping kick to the chest pushing off and moving into the Defensive Stance, and moving in to strike his opponent a few times before backing off. If his opponent dodged Jaes would adjust his strikes accordingly showing his opponent his hand to hand prowless. If the boy did make a strike whether during Jaes' assault or after, Jaes would allow the boy to strike him a few times just to show the boy that no matter what he did it could not hurt nor stop him and he would keep on until the boy gave up.

Jaes was a calculating individual, though short tempered and currently fueled by his rage he was still of sound mind calculating every move his opponent made and reacting as needed to be. He was a Taijutsu Master and whether he was at one hundred percent or not he was more than a match for this kid in a hand to hand fight, however Jaes was no fool and he knew that this boy could use a jutsu on him and so he watched for even the faintest of signs of the boy trying to use something against him.

493/3760

Stat Boosts/Armor:

8Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:46 am

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
His kicked connected, as he figured it would. It was a little surprising however that Jaes did not block. Yammy hadn't realized why until his right hook connected on the opposite side, the right rib cage, of his kick. Jaes muscles felt hardened. 'Hmm, he is a Tsuyoi after all. This much is to be expected. I will need to figure out a strategy in dealing with this spar correctly.' Once the hook seemed to do nothing it clicked in his head. 'Float and Strike. Given the genetics of Jaes, all Yammy could do was strike the same spots as much as possible. While keeping Jaes off balance and avoiding his strikes as much as possible.

Yammy watched every single body movement of Jaes. His eyes watch the shoulders of the young Tsuyoi carefully, making sure to take note of any slight movement. He took note to the stance Jaes entered before taking a step inward to uppercut him. The bending of his knees, a dead giveaway, was Jaes tell in attacking. Once Jaes clenched his left hand and began coming upward using said fist, Yammy was prepared. He smoothly side stepped the attack. Yammy could feel a small burst of wind from Jaes uppercut. Right before Jaes transitioned to his roundhouse kick Yammy moved promptly.

He took this as a opportunity, swiftly striking the left rib cage of Jaes, using his right fist. The attack would cause the Tsuyoi to stagger, but the affect would be added to his earlier kick to the same spot. Once Jaes egan twisting his body to kick, Yammy ducked the kick, and swiped the lone leg of Jaes using a leg sweep. Given the momentum being produced my Jaes, this should effectively cause him too fall backward to the ground. However, nothing was guaranteed, so Yammy rolled away from Jaes right after sweeping his leg. Yammy had rolled in the direction of Jaes's head. This was to prevent Jaes from being able to counter Yammy in any way, given his body position. Yammy stood up immediately after rolling.

It was a smooth transition; he made sure to keep his eyes firmly planted on Jaes. Yammy was prepared to evade or counter if the need arrived. Yammy was within 1.5 meters from Jaes. He wanted to keep as close to Jaes as possible. This would limit the space Jaes had to work with, which was better for Yammy. He was letting Jaes come to him instead of rushing his attacks. In the mind of Yammy this would be the determining factor of the spar. What had upset Yammy to begin with had no subsided. He was so enthralled in this spar. He hadn't had a chance to fight against one of his peers in a long while. He however remained calm.

'We haven't even gotten deep into this spar and already I want to do more. It would be different if he were a normal person, however this kids a miniature juggernaut and he's only genin.' That thought alone excited Yammy more. He was anxious to see how this spar would conclude. He could already see that he'd have to continually make adjustments, as the fight progressed. 'I may even be able to frustrate him. Of course I have to be careful of with that myself. As long as I don't allow him to get me outside of myself I should be alright. I wonder what his next move will be.' Yammy stood doubly prepared for whatever happened when Jaes reacted.

Their small squabble went unnoticed, except to the moon, stars, and sky. The dim lit street served for perfect training of the eyes. Clouds rolled across the moon causing the street to become slightly darker. Yammy made sure to move with the shadows provided by the clouds. It should be harder to see my attacks this way. He wasn't trying to get a upper hand necessarily, however there was a obvious discrepancy in their ability. His attacks were weakened against the physiology of the Tsuyoi, so Yammy would figure out a way to close that gap. Stick and move, use his environment, whatever he could think of.  

"Tell me something Jaes. You seem to want to get stronger, for the sake of yourself. What will you do with that power for you clan and this village. You were banished from your Clan for being born frail. How do you intend of proving your worth as the rightful heir? Are you going to kill the current clan head? Do you intend to become the strongest Tsuyoi and led the clan with fear? I feel with the mind state you currently have, you are unfit to lead your clan to a new dawn. Instead, you may lead them to destruction. I say this again Jaes, Rightful Heir to the Tsuyoi Clan. Break the mold that has been set for your clan. Create a new history. You have the capability to make a difference. This is coming from a young man who has no clan. Only a family with a few capable shinobi, but most of which are only regular people."

'Oh lord, there goes that old man in me again.' Yammy wasn't trying to say those things. They seemed to just flow from his mind. 'I need to stop hanging around my Grandparents so much.' Yammy smiled to himself. He loved his grandparents though. He saw how their teaching would lead him too make the right decisions in his life. Even if Jaes was not listening, for some reason Yammy felt as if they were reaching some part of Jaes. He hoped to affect his peer for the better. Yammy knew of their history and coming from a 'nameless' group of people he had the most to prove. Jaes was removed from his clan, but their blood still flowed through him. Those people with noteworthy blood looked down on Yammy.

How was he so certain of this? It was because of the life his Grandparents had lived. They told him of the old days, were they put in more work than those with clan titles. That led to Aoi having scars all over his body. Including the mark of a rather dangerous shinboi, a man of the Hoshigaki clan. No one from those entitled clans were around to help him. The only person he could rely on was Rena, his wife. That very Hoshigaki cause genocide to various clans, but one man with no title risked his life. This was partially the reason Yammy was so bent of doing what his Grandfather couldn't, however it was doubled for him. Due to the betrayal of his Father. Yammy had more on his mind that he would ever allow anyone to see and this spar was becoming another stepping stone to that goal. 'Win or lose Jaes will come to understand where I am coming from. I will show him to never look down on anyone regardless of who they are.' He thought thinking to the earlier condescending tone of Jaes.

Word Count: 3014/3000
Special Characteristics:

PER D1→ D3
DEX D1 → D3

Last edited by Yammy on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:42 am

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Jaes would have been foolish to think that his opponent did not see the attack coming, however Jaes was not foolish and was in fact prepared for just such a thing, as the boy side stepped Jaes' uppercut and went in for a jab Jaes would instantly push off the ground with his right foot leaping into the air as his left foot would connect with the chest of the boy as he extended it out, this was not for damage but to put distance between them so it would not matter if the boy blocked it or not. As the kick to the chest even if the boy blocked it with his arms would allow Jaes to use the boy was a type of wall jump, the only difference was that this boy was not as strudy as a wall and while he would get some distance from the boy however not as much as he would had he kicked off a non-moving wall, although if the boy staggered from the kick it would give Jaes just a little more distance between them. Jaes would land on the ground approximately 1-2 meters away from where he was before, as soon as his feet hit the ground the young Tsuyoi instinctively dropped into his Defensive stance, crouching low to the ground so that his butt was almost even with his knees, turning so that he was facing his opponent from his left with his right side behind him making himself a smaller target. His feet would be spread wide, his left foot in front pointed towards his opponent with his right foot behind him pointed at a ninty degree angle of his left foot. His left hand in front of him with the palm open facedown and at chin level while his right hand hung low to his abdomen just above his belt also with it's palm open however facing Jaes' abdomen, Jaes would sway slightly back and forth shifting his weight between his legs as he made himself a moving target and watched his opponent. Although his initial strike was avoided it did give him the chance to gauge his opponent's skills. It would seem in this close proximety they were evenly matched, which did not sit well with the young Tsuyoi as he knew he was better than this boy and he aimed to prove it one way or another. Jaes shook his head as the thought of using a jutsu crossed his mind, no he was better than that he did not need jutsu to win this fight. He was going to beat this kid fair and square in a hand to hand combat, unless of course the kid tried to use jutsu in which case the gloves would come off. It was not as if this fight was going to be easy in any way considering the fact that half of the young Tsuyoi's fighting style revolves around the incoorporation of Nintaijutsu, even the use of one of those techniques would bring Jaes great dishonor considering the fact that all the boy had done was insult Jaes by striking him. Jaes would stick to the hand to hand combat ignoring the urge to use all of his skills, as it was the honorable thing to do as the boy had not attack him through any type of jutsu.

If his opponent had not made a move against him seconds after he landed and dropped into his Defensive Stance, whether due to the kick off the chest staggering him or not, then Jaes would make his move against the boy instead. Shifting his weight forward and keeping his weight on his front (Left) leg the young Tsuyoi would shift himself into his Offensive Stance raising his back (Right) hand to mid chest level as he shifted his wait for a smooth transition between his stances, as there were only minor difference between them. As his weight shifted to his front leg Jaes would quickly strike his opponent with two swift jabs, the first jab from his left hand striking towards the boy's throat followed quickly by his right hand aiming for the boy's mid section, after which the boy would shift back to his defensive stance and continuing to move around the area to make himself harder to hit. The second time Jaes moves in for a strike the young Tsuyoi would push off the ground with his right foot launching himself into the air in a forward motion towards his opponent to deliver a kick to the boy's head, should the strike connect and knock the boy down then Jaes would follow up with a simple knee drop onto the boy's back.

795/4555

Action Log:

10Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 pm

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Yammy's side step was a success. Luckily for him he was standing on the completely defenseless side, the left side, of Jaes, due to his uppercut. While Jaes was still in mid swing Yammy's fist would have connected. Yammy was close enough to Jaes to elbow him. 'It's a good thing I'm standing to the left of him.' Yammy thought to himself. He noticed Jaes bend slightly to his right side. Yammy continued his movements, ducking to avoid the kick aimed at his chest. The awkwardly aimed kick, just missed his forehead, brushing across the top of his hair.

'Well that wasn't smart.' He thought, quickly grabbing the leg of Jaes, just above the knee, while it was skimming across his head top. His grip was firm. It would have been difficult to break free of this hold. From the same position, a slightly crouched position, he slung Jaes to the left, towards the light pole they stood under. The left rib cage of Jaes would have slammed into it. Although the maneuver was slightly difficult, Yammy could easily lift 50 kg. Jaes was much lighter than that. At least from what he could tell. Once Jaes slammed into the light pole Yammy let go of the leg of Jaes.

Yammy remained clamly thinking, watching the boy movements of Jaes. He would not be caught off guard. Yammy was within 1 meter of Jaes. 'I don't know what he can do, but it's best I do what I know I can.' Yammy's partial knowledge of the Tsuyoi was just that, partial. He wasn't sure what Jaes was capable of and refused to let him get into any sort of comfort one. He was held to only using Academy jutsu against anyone who wasn't a threat to his life. He kept that in mind, of coure what was there a need for jutsu for?

Word Count:323|1000

11Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 am

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Though it would be prudent to duck a normal kick where the opponent was on the ground or even not moving towards them, in this situation the boy would have been better off side stepping the kick like he had done the uppercut. After all this was a jumping kick which had began with momentum moving towards the other boy though they were not that far apart when Jaes went to preform the would be wall jump off the boy he had done so as he would any other wall jump, by jumping off the ground with one foot pushing himself towards the wall or in this case person to get a better jump off of it. With the boy now underneath Jaes' leg the only thought that ran through the young genin's mind was, 'This isn't going to be pleasant.' To no surprise to Jaes he was right, with the boy ducking his kick there was now nothing to stop his momentum towards the boy. In less than a second after the boy ducked the kick that just barely missed the top of the boy's head both Jaes and the other boy collided with each other, the boy's face no doubt getting a very close encounter with Jaes' crotch as it smashed into his face causing them both to tumbled to the ground. Dust kicked up from the street as the two hit the ground and the momentum of the impact caused the pair to fall over each other a few times before separating, Jaes would not stay down long continuing the momentum of the two of them falling the young genin would will his body to keep moving getting a small bit of distance from the other boy before quickly pushing off the ground with his hands and shifting his body landing effectively on the ground in his Shuurai Tekken Do Defensive Stance before dusting himself off slightly. His leg's spread wide, with his left leg in front with his foot pointed towards his opponent, his right leg behind him with his right foot pointed at a ninety degree angle from his left foot. His knees bent to a seventy-five degree angle so that his thighs where almost perpendicular to his calfs, His left hand in front of him with the palm open facedown and at mid chest level while his right hand hung low to his abdomen just above his belt also with it's palm open however facing Jaes' abdomen, his eyes sharpened and watching his opponent for his next move. He was not sure what this guy's problem was, all Jaes wanted to do was train and this guy is acting like his sole mission in life was to prevent that. Although if Jaes was being honest with himself he could just tell the kid to fuck off and continue on his path towards the training grounds, after all it was not like the boy could stop him, Jaes had already been hit by the boy a few times and that did not slow him down any. Even if the boy followed him for the rest of the day continuing to punch and kick him over and over and over again Jaes did not think it would interfere with his training, after all his other attacks just bounced off the well chisled muscles of the young Tsuyoi there was obviously no threat from this boy.

Jaes' pride however would not let the young Tsuyoi drop it, the boy had sucker punched Jaes and he was going to get what he deserved one way or another. Jaes however was done with the offensive strategy for now at least, he wanted to see just what his opponent could do besides dodge some attacks like a chicken and punch like a girl, so once he was in his defensive stance he would remain watching and waiting for his opponent to make a move. Jaes moved his right hand briefly from it position in front of his abdomen to release the wedgie that had formed from the boy's face colliding with Jaes' crotch before returning to it's intended position for his stance.

702/5257

12Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Yammy's body had just reacted, he was to slow in grabbing the leg of Jaes, causing his momentum to carry his right knee to collide with the head of Yammy. 'Shit gotta be quicker than that.' Yammy thought to himself. Even with the momentum Yammy did not roll, he simply fell over. He quickly stood up and watched as Jaes rolled a few feet away from him. He didn't know how Jaes felt, however Yammy had been using this entire spar as training. He was learning a lot as the battle went on. He hadn't really even broken a sweat against him either. The only thing that somewhat bothered him was the fact his attacks did little to no damage. Of course it wasn't as if he was weak, so he didn't really care to overthink it.

Yammy stood in a relaxed stance, watching Jaes get up into his stance, and dust himself off. He was prepared to continue this fight, just as he'd been doing up to this point. Stick and move. It was a extremely effective plan against Jaes. Hadn't appeared that Jaes even took note to what he had said either. 'Ah well. Can't help everybody.' Is what Yammy surmounted this entire situation to. In no way had he lost his concentration as to what Jaes was doing, however Yammy began thinking what he'd do after separating from Jaes. More than likely return to the hospital to check on his Grandmother.

He had no need to proceed to the training grounds, nor did he intend on going home to sit in his room. Visiting Rena was the only thing that made sense to him. Yammy stood there, under the light pole, the light from it partially shining on him. He waited for Jaes to make a move. 'It's worked up to this point, why change my battle plan.' He told himself as he began to wonder how he should attack.

Word Count: 656|1000

13Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 am

Jaes

Jaes

D-rank
Jaes would remain patient for his opponent to make a move, anything to show a sign of an attack but it never came. The boy's paitence was wearing thin with the other boy. How could someone start a fight and then just stand there like a coward without making a move, the more he waited for the boy to make a move the more the feeling of boredom swept over the young Tsuyoi. This boy was not worth his time, Jaes was a warrior he had no time to waste on cowards to scared to make a move against him when there were those out there that would revel in a fight against the young genin. Jaes stood up straight with his body still turned sideways facing the boy, he lowered his hands to his side and let out a sigh. Without saying a word to the boy Jaes would turn and start back on his way to the training grounds, walking at his pace the boy showed that he was not trying to flee nor did he care if the boy tried to stop him, it did not matter to the young Tsuyoi anymore for he simply wished to go and get some actual training done rather than a coward that did nothing but run away from attacks, with the only actual contact this entire encounter being them coliding with each other just moments before. He could shadow box his shadow for more of a work out than this, which is why the boy was heading to the training grounds to lift some weights. As he began walking he would watch for any sign of the other boy trying to stop his slow walk towards the training grounds, if the boy did not try to stop the young genin from leaving then Jaes would stop by his house to grab Grimnir before heading to the training grounds with the young wolverine cub to train.

326/ 5583

14Stayin' Alive [Open] Empty Re: Stayin' Alive [Open] Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Yammy

Yammy

D-rank
Yammy watched as Jaes lowered his guard. A sort of surprised look rolled over his face, before quickly disappearing as quick as it had come. It was obvious Jaes was giving up when he turned away from Yammy. A slight feeling of disappointment casually hit Yammy. From their earlier encounter he thought the young Tsuyoi to be fiercer than that. He assumed the fight would persist until one of them was bloodied on the ground. He heard the sigh, and chuckled to himself. Jaes was frustrated, his feelings blatantly heard and seen through his body language.

Yammy could tell Jaes was paying attention to him as he was walking away. 'That side eye again.' Yammy shrugged as Jaes began walking away. He wouldn't stop him, if Jaes was giving up that was on him, however Yammy had no reason to continue the scuffle. He'd learned all he needed to learn. Jaes fighting style was far to aggressive for his own good. He didn't know many things in regards to melee combat. It was strange to Yammy considering his sturdy physic. It was a waste in all honesty. Yammy could only assume Jaes was far more skilled in Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or perhaps even more so with a weapon.

Whatever the case the two would have a bout again, on different terms. Yammy stood there watching JAes walk away. He did not move from that spot. Jaes had gotten a certain distance away, when Yammy turned an began walking away. He was headed to see his Grandmother once more time before heading home. The night hadn't changed much, the moon only a few meters from where it was originally. The clouds danced across the sky in more of a abundance. The moon had taken on a yellow hue. Yammy reached the hospital. He noticed the broken glass on the ground and simply shook his head.

The nurses had been frantically running round the hospital. They'd been running around for quite while, at least that's what Yammy was told when he was asked about Jaes. He told them he hadn't seen anyone of the description he was given. He didn't care what Jaes had going on, but he'd been hurt rather severely and was hospitalized for weeks. Yammy let the information in one ear and out the other, his Grandmother being the most important thing on his mind.

1060|1000
[exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.