You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Empty The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank
The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] 2f18sCT

A vibrant hue casted along the drifted horizon, allowing the pigments of pinks and oranges to tinge the clouds with ease. In the sky, a setting sun in the yonder, was finally freeing itself from the minute duties of guidance on the lands. Though, the time of day played no quarrel to the wandering mind, allowing those to drift well into the nights rising. A faint song began to lull along the vast air, bouncing about in an echo to create a harmonized mystery. The words were of bliss and joy, a voice of tranquility just dancing in the winds. This set of sounds escaped the plush lips of a sweet persona, a body of unique and curve. The voice was something that kept that essence like form going, the woman wandering along the rocky trail as she followed the slopes of the cliff side. A voyage to the tip top of the rumored beauty, a curious mind to be sedated. She’d manage to reach the top, allowing those doe-like hues to widen at the sight, a truly breath-taking moment. Below sat the scenery of Iwagakure, the weaves and shapes of streets, buildings and the wall itself. Mesmerized, the woman simply gawked at the true sight to behold. That melodic song ceased its hymns, feeling the sounds fade in their vibrato as she’d dawn at the canvas, the art being the heart-stopping view.

Her hands moved to rest at the side of her ivory coloured gown, gently twining her fingers into the silken fabrics of her wear. The woman appeared to be a rather unique form, standing a mere five foot four and adorning a dress rather than the taboo of constricting wears others of her kind would. The dress was accompanied by a sweet heart neckline and a cloak that tied at the nape of her neck. The cowl of that cloak covered over her head to protect most of her cranium. The fabric rested to the mid of her hairline as the thick lock of ebony spooled out into large and loose ringlets, shaping her more round, adorable face. She had the chubby woman’s features, a heavier set weight versus an agile body. Her skin was a sun -kissed peach being littered in freckles to dust along her pigments, setting well with this fawn like hazel eyes of her. Over all, she appeared rather innocent against the harsh environment. The woman admired the view before turning on her feet, moving her cloak to grasp a bag; that was strapped along her back, and set it to the ground. In quick, she’d kneel and adjusted her stance so that she was sitting upon her knees. Her hand was quick to sprawl her gown out to ensure it wasn’t snagging on the ground. Once settled, she’d pull the satchel close and pried open the buckle and cover to reveal the contents of her bag. Her right hand held the satchel open while the left pushed in and dug about for that inkwell, brush, and loose parchment. Upon success, she’d pull the trio from the bag and set them aside.

Her left hand was delicate in its motion, allowing the fingers to gingerly handle the scriptures brush whilst the right pried open the ink well. With ease, she’d dip the tip into the inkwell and began to write down onto the parchment, allowing her eyes to focus on the words she wrote. She seemed rather into it, allowing the world to escape her as she indulged in her words. Though, it was not long till she’d pause, moving the brush from the paper and dipping it into the inkwell once more, being rather cautious to avoid letting the ink drip onto her pristine coloured gown. It was a skill, or so it felt like. An art to ensure one did not suffer the dreadful feeling of cleaning out ink from their wear. Her gaze dared to loom from the parchments, dawning to the rocky filled view of the lands. It was different from home, the colourful grains now formations of greys and murky earthen colours. ”Change certainly is not easy, especially when you’ve been in such a lively land most of your life..”she’d speak aloud, her voice rather charming to the sound. She seemed uncertain of her placement, almost feeling more outcasted than she was at home. Though, when the thought crossed her mind, she’d find herself glancing down to the paper, seeing the ink drip from the brush tip and soaking into the parchments textures once more. The notion itself allowed the dark colour to bleed through the layers and leave little room to finish her thoughts. A simple furrow of her brows came into play as she’d set the brush into the ink well and took the papers in tow. “..There goes some expenses…” a faint sigh escaped the plush lips, the plump woman feeling defeated in the moment. “If I didn’t know any better. I’d say the world certainly wishes no luck to play into my favor..”. She’d throw the papers aside, letting them catch in the wind and flounce about in it’s hold.

Word Count: 877
Character Count: 4700

Last edited by Tamae on Tue May 29, 2018 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
Takashi had arrived early in the morning. In fact, it was the crack of dawn when he had woken up, thrown on his clothes, tied his Iwagakure no Sato “forehead protector” onto his arm, and headed out of the small apartment that he now called home. He had called it home for only a couple of moths now, slowly but surely working his way through the academy examination tests until he was declared fit to be a ninja. When he had finally received his rank of genin and given permission to take on shinobi missions, it was a bittersweet moment. He had been the oldest person in his “class” because of his extremely late start becoming a ninja. He had never even wanted to be a ninja. The young Uzumaki had been perfectly content with simply helping out at his parents’ shop.

But that had all changed…

With the destruction of the place he had called his home and the death of his father, Takashi had felt his call to action all too late. He knew he never could have stopped what had happened to his home, but some part of him felt like he should have done something instead of sitting on his hands. He knew he was capable enough, and he totally could have joined up with the academy at a much younger age. But now his father was dead, his mother was crippled, and his home was a smouldering crater. It was horrible, but it had apparently taken that tragedy to launch Takashi into action. He was not going to let his home be destroyed again. He would protect it with his life, if necessary.

And so, in order for him to reach that goal of being the protector of Iwagakure no Sao, Takashi knew that ne needed to better himself, which is why he had decided to spend his entire day on the large cliff overlooking the Village Hidden in the Stones training for all he was worth. He worked on everything; from his muscle endurance to speed to target practice with his kunai, to chakra control and jutsu. He spent his entire day going over the basic training regimens that his father had taught him and by the time the sun had travelled its entire distance across the sky, Takashi had ditched his jacket and was left only in his t-shirt and pants, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. He was exhausted, but he felt like he still had so much to do. He just could not stop so early when he had so far to go. And yet, at the thought of running any more, or punching out at the air again, he almost collapsed. Shaking his head, Takashi resigned himself to the fact that he would probably just have to call it for the day.

In hopes of cooling off a little bit, the young Uzumaki stepped toward where people would go to actually sight see from the cliff. But as he approached, he saw something he didn’t expect. Sitting on the cliff with what appeared to be paper and a brush in hand was a woman. She was appeared to be approximately Takashi’s age, maybe a little older. She wore an ivory coloured dress and had long back hair that fell down and cascaded over her shoulders. He was looking at her from behind, and thus could not make out any more details. He could, however, hear her talking to herself about some undetermined topic. With a charming, but slightly annoyed voice she said, “If I didn’t know any better. I’d say the world certainly wishes no luck to play into my favor..”.  Takashi could not help but chuckle at that, probably alerting the woman to his presence. Whether or not she acknowledged him, the young Uzumaki would bend down and pick up his jacket, throwing it over his shoulder as he stepped over to the stranger.

As he approached, he called out to her, “Sorry if I surprised you, stranger. But I couldn’t help but hear your lament against the world.” Chuckling again, Takashi slowly walked until he was beside her, looking down at her briefly to take in the rest of her appearance. She had piercing hazel eyes that were reminiscent of his own yellow ones, if not a little darker. She was pretty as well, and her slightly annoyed expression could be explained by the papers she had allowed to fly loose on the wind. Turning away, Takashi looked back over to the horizon. It was a beautiful view, that much was certain. He had spent the whole day here and yet he had not taken any time to look at the beautiful vista that was his new home. It was strange of him to miss something so obvious, but then again, he had been a little distracted lately. Shaking his head, he continued. “I gotta say, we’re one and the same there. The world has been handing out back luck to me for a while now…”

WC:845

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank
The silence of the world seemed to dawn on the emitted sound coming from the opposed, a rather eerie taunt in her mind. She’d tense up, her socialization skills practically none existent in the moment. A heavy thump kicked her under chest, feeling the vital organ come to pick up a hefty pace. Time began to freeze in her mind, those hazel hues widening as she took in that solemn sound that dared break the peace. It wasn’t long before the shuffling sounds of the opposed figures feet found rhythm on the stone. Each step, heavier than the other, or so how it sounded in that raven-haired beauties mind. With the racing heart followed the pulse of the muscles, her delicate fingers trembling as she moved to grasp the inkwell and moved it out of the wanderer’s path. But, as the momentum would suggest, she’d not have a steady hand. The inkwell shook from side to side, it wasn’t a vibrant rattle, but notable. The dark ink sloshed about in the well, a faint sound of liquid colliding with in the inner workings of the container filled the vacant air. In her mind, it was a very imposing sound.  When that heavy step ceased, her doe-like eyes would gleam to the feet of the opposed before following them upward, letting that curious gaze find the others face. It was man, a young face that spoke with a bold confidence. That freckle kissed skin would darken in hue, letting a wash of a roan red tint just pry at the pigments. She was a bashful creature, timidly so. When he spoke, there was a sense of comfort in his tone, something she’d not found herself able to provide others when they tried to pry at her in converse. ” I gotta say, we’re one and the same there. The world has been handing out back luck to me for a while now…”. She’d dawn on that statement, as if it meant more than what was implied.

”Y—You utter words that mean much yet.. t—they are laced with a h—hint of remorse..” she’d speak with a stammer, that tone of hers rather lull. Those fawning eyes of hers never left the others, gleaming into those piercing yellow slits. They had a uniqueness to them, something bizarre yet inviting.  She’d find her plush lips parting to let a faint sigh escape them in slight relief, perhaps placed at a mild ease. Her heart never slowed down, still rattling at her core and keeping her well on her toes, metaphorically. She’d move to shuffle a bit on the ground, her dress tugging along the ground in the movements. It was not long till a rather air piercing clank was made, her eyes quickly darting toward the sound. There it was, an inkwell no longer on bottom, but on its side. The lid let go from the thunk, the inkwell pouring out from the spout. The contents, a thick dark liquid, now began to stream along the craggy ground. She’d let a sudden gasp escape her lips as her hands jutted out to pick up the inkwell, the contained significantly lighter than before. Her heart sank to the pit of her stomach, feeling that wash of embarrassment just dawn her face with ease. A shy expression becoming more ashamed. Her brows furrowed, expressing woe in her features. She’d move that inkwell well off to the side and out of her clumsy reach. In quick, she’d move to stand herself up to let her short stature measure up to his rather tall one. Her hands moved down the sides of her hips, tracing along them to reach the mid length of her gown as she’d begin to curl her fingers into the ivory wears. Those digits would create a spider like crawl as it’d hike up the fabric to bring the blotched stain portion into view. ”I—I’m s—so sorry..” she’d huff out, glancing up to him once more. Those hues of hers glossed over, letting her eyes express that flustered look to them.

”I—It seems I’ve been blessed with t—the ungainly ways of luck..” she’d offer in that sweetly saddened tone of hers. She’d release the hold on her dress and let it fall back into its rested spot once more. Those hands found comfort against the pudge of her stomach, letting the fingers sprawl against the lace and the fingertips to touch. ”A—A cruel place, we walk. I-I’ve only recently found my way to these lands from my old home, myself.  I—It’s brought on a rather sudden change..” she’d pause, her head canting to the left. In the momentum, those dark whorls would sway and bob in the motion. ”P—Pray tell, what woes has this world bestowed upon you? You speak of ill luck i—in you path. B—But, from what I—I see… y—you have a rather immense aura about you… I—I mean, you carry yourself rather well in r—regards to holding this bad luck in your sights..” The words escaped oddly, she knew very well that she had mucked up in her statement. In her mind, she’d hope he’d not mind her wording it so oddly.

Word Count: 907
Character Count: 4704

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
She was nervous. Very nervous from the looks of it. The young Uzumaki had not noticed it at first, but as he had begun talking to her, he could see her hand shaking as it held an inkwell, the dark liquid sloshing around ever so slightly inside of the container. Her face had flushed slightly with his arrival, and when she finally opened her mouth so speak, her stammer was surprising. He really had not meant to scare her, and yet here she was, shaking on the grown before him.  It was…awkward to say the least. On top of that, the way she spoke was like something out of a book. It was…poetic almost? He could not fathom why she talked like that. But he decided it would be better just to let it go and continue with their conversation. He had not wanted to go very deep with it, simply agreeing with her that the world was a cruel place. But now the genin was curious as to why she was so nervous all of the sudden. She shuffled in place n the ground for a moment, and as she did Takashi saw something that caused him to gasp quietly before it was too late.

The clink of the inkwell tipping over and spilling onto the ground around her rang out above all else. Takashi had to force himself not to visibly cringe, instead regulating himself to a simple frown of what was a mixture of disappointment and pity for the girl whose ivory dress he could see was probably ruined. As she gasped herself, standing up quickly to avoid any more ink from staining the gown, Takashi was able to see just how much shorter she was than him. As she adjusted her dress and looked over the stain on the gown, she began to apologize, causing the Uzumaki to raise an eyebrow in confusion. She had no need to be sorry, and yet here she ways, apologizing for spilling ink on herself. Takashi’s frown remained. ”I—It seems I’ve been blessed with t—the ungainly ways of luck..” she said in a quiet, sad voice that betrayed how upset she was over the mishap. Letting go of the dress, she knitted her fingers together over her midsection and continued. ”A—A cruel place, we walk. I-I’ve only recently found my way to these lands from my old home, myself.  I—It’s brought on a rather sudden change..” She then paused again, tilting her head to the side as if to examine Takashi. ”P—Pray tell, what woes has this world bestowed upon you? You speak of ill luck i—in you path. B—But, from what I—I see… y—you have a rather immense aura about you… I—I mean, you carry yourself rather well in r—regards to holding this bad luck in your sights..”

If his eyebrow had not already been raised, then it would have certainly gone up that that final sentence. Either her poetic way of describing things and speaking was too much for him, or the stranger had simply fallen over her words as she had tried to describe his “aura.” Either way, Takashi stood in silence for a moment while he tried to think of a response. It was odd that she had mentioned being new to the land just like him. Perhaps he actually did have something in common with this girl. If she was new here as well perhaps she was just had homesick as he found himself at times. But he would have to answer one question at a time. Having finally formed what seemed like a reasonable response to the stranger’s question, Takashi began to speak. “Uh…thanks I guess. Ya, I mean, I’ve gotten pretty good at hiding the fact that I’ve had my fair share of bad luck. I mean, what’s the point in advertising it to the world right? Everybody has their own tough thing they are going through.” He paused for a moment to let that thought roll over in his own head. Honestly, it was only half true. He just hated talking about what he had gone through, and in order to avoid that, he just would not tell anyone he was in the rough place that he was in. He had just lost his father, and his mother was as good as dead. It sucked; and simply thinking about it now was causing emotions to well up in his that he did not want this stranger to see.

And so he changed the subject. He needed to right away lest he start overflowing with emotion in front of this stranger. “I’m actually new here myself,” he said abruptly. “I moved here after my home became…unlivable. I’ve only been in Iwagakure no Sato for a few months. Luckily they let me take Academy exams and become a genin so quickly.” He paused for a moment and looked back toward the girl, a soft smile on his face. “What about you?”

WC:853+845=1698

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

Her lips curled downward at the sight of the frown, causing her to glance away in the moment. There was a mixture of oddity, that frown impacting her minds trace of thought. It was a look her brother gave her quite often, a pitiful disappointment. It rung rather harshly in the core. But, she’d push past that to offer the opposed her attention, those doll like eyes gleaming up at his own in a mild innocence. "What’s the point in advertising it to the world right? No truer words were spoken, bringing the corner of her lips to hook upward. The motion pushed the plump lips into a rather warm smile, something many would never see. “A wise mind..” she spoke in hush, admiration in her tone. When that smile of his returned to his face, she’d catch the change of wind. The mans diversion into avoiding discomforting topics. It pulled a curious string in her heart, letting her hands move more together. Those fingers laced lightly with one another before canting her head to the opposing direction, her locks following the movement. Her smile widened even more, seeing the other more comfortable at the time. It placed her into a moment of ease, letting that stammer fade in her words. “It’s nice to see unfamiliar faces, especially when they hail from other parts of the world. I.. found myself turning a new leave. I was not one for the ways of a combat artist. But, when my home was placed into a.. situation.. I was blessed with a second chance. I—I was brought here and I took my own exams. Now, I’m proving my worth.” she’d speak in her sweetly melodic tone, just a typical sound that surpassed the docile femmes mouth. She was certainly an interesting individual compared to most in her clan.

She’d turn on her feet to gleam over the captivating sight of Iwa, taking in the formations with ease. “It’s not as bright as my old home lands. But, it certainly shares a charm like the sand did..” she’d note, letting her gaze become half lidded. “Both seem barren of the lush vegetation. But, I’m sure with time, I’ll be blessed with the sight of greenery!” she’d beam, returning her attention back to the oppose. She’d have to tilt her head back to even look at him. To her, he was a tall tree. Her cowls fabric would begin to slide down the back of her head, finding its way off her head to bundle at the back of her ties; resting to the shoulders. She’d bat her lashes a bit, her face still prominent in that red hue, as a small giggle escaped her lips. She’d raise her hands up to the brim of her cowl and traced the material, fixing it into her grasp. In slow, she’d move the material up along her hair to rest it against the top of her head, pushing it a bit more forth to avoid it escaping so quickly a second time. “It’s a delight to see someone kind, like yourself, working hard. Or, one can presume based off what you mentioned. Being a Genin is an important step to strength and honor.. “ she’d note, her smile unwavering from her face. It was an interesting turn around. Perhaps, her actions guided by wise words from before.

“Though, I must admit, it’s not often someone take the time to speak with me. Back home, many avoided..” she’d pause, her lips clamping shut for a moment. She’d stop herself mid-sentence, trying to avoid babbling on about her home life before a total stranger. Clearly, she was not as regimented as the man before her, when it came to social behaviors. The urge to apologize itched at her mind, causing her brows to furrow once more, a timid look dawning her face. It was a mixture of that compassionate feature with a hint of what do I even do. “I supposed it’d be wise to offer my name. Just so you don’t have to reference me as a stranger, like once before” She’d speak, her arm extending out to offer him the palm. “My name is Kuroka Tamae, I.. am a refugee of Sunagakure” she’d state in ill confidence, her voice still feathered to the sound. “Might I have your name in return? I’m sure a noble man, like yourself, hails from a rather bold and brave clan line..” she’d note, her curiosity pushing past the barriers. To her, speaking about discomforts to work past them was something she was taught. Feelings versus playing strong. The woman, though stammering beforehand, displayed a more prominent elegance about herself. She carried herself well, despite the harshness of her scorned clans name.

Word Count: 820
Character Count: 4355

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
It seemed that the stranger’s nervousness was only temporary, as was her embarrassment over the spilt ink on her dress. Takashi was happy that she had at least hung around after that, considering he was beginning to feel curious about who exactly this girl was. For someone who seemed so innocent, she certainly spoke like a person who had seen a great deal in her life. That coupled with the fact that she did not seem much older than him at all made the young Uzumaki want to know more about his fellow ninja of the Village Hidden in the Stones. Her smiled widened with Takashi’s own, and the stammer faded from her voice as she continued to speak. “It’s nice to see unfamiliar faces, especially when they hail from other parts of the world. I.. found myself turning a new leave. I was not one for the ways of a combat artist. But, when my home was placed into a.. situation.. I was blessed with a second chance. I—I was brought here and I took my own exams. Now, I’m proving my worth.”

As the girl turned to look at the village, Takashi could not help but shake his head with amusement. Fate had certainly brought them together considering their stories sounded so similar. He had also been given a second chance, though he had been perfectly content with the first one. As she continued to speak, describing her old home land and the lack of greenery in her life, it was as if a small switch turned over in the genin’s mind. Everything she was saying was too close to his own story. It was all too familiar to be coincidence. How could she be saying things that sounded like they were coming from his own memory and not a girl that he had just met? The sensation was dizzying, but Takashi kept listening, hoping to catch another slip of information that would lead him to the conclusion that he was suspecting was true.

It was after he started focusing a little more that the mystery unraveled. After stopping herself short mid-explanation it seemed that the girl was tired of having to hold back her thoughts because of a lack of context. And so she turned to Takashi with a timid expression that the Uzumaki could not quite place. “I suppose it’d be wise to offer my name. Just so you don’t have to reference me as a stranger, like once before” She spoke, her arm extending out to offer him the palm. “My name is Kuroka Tamae, I.. am a refugee of Sunagakure” she’d state in ill confidence, her voice still feathered to the sound. “Might I have your name in return? I’m sure a noble man, like yourself, hails from a rather bold and brave clan line..” Takashi could feel his mouth open in a silent gasp. It was true. He had thought that it could be possible, but she had just confirmed his suspicions. It was true; she was from his home as well.

His mouth was still slightly agape as he extended his own hand and shook Tamae’s. His mind was operating at a thousand thoughts per minute, trying to process the avalanche of information that had now entered his mind. First of all, she was a refugee from Sunagakure no Sato, just like he was. She had seen firsthand the destruction hat was wrought to their home, and she felt that pain as well. She knew what it was like to watch her whole world burn down before her and to be forced to flee into a foreign land, praying that they would help. She had seen friends and family burn before them for unknowable reasons. She had watched people throw their lives away hoping to save their friends and family, only to have all of them die. She knew that feeling. And she had escaped just like him. Then on top of that, she was part of a clan that he knew little about, but enough to take note. They were a clan that were once from Kirigakure no Sato in the Land of Water before being scattered throughout all of the ninja world. They were known for their rash decisions and their immense power with blades made of their own chakra. But this girl seemed so different from that stereotype. Takashi noted that he was not the average Uzumaki either, considering he had never even set foot in the Land of Fire from whence the clan hailed. Yet again, there was another aspect that tied him to this new acquaintance. It was such a strange feeling; to have the sensation that the person whose hand he was holding knew the exact same pain that he did.

It was as that thought passed through his mind that he realized he had been standing in place, mouth slightly open and holding Tamae’s hand for an uncomfortably awkward amount of time. He abruptly realised the handshake, stepping back as his face went flush and he did his best to speak him mind without sounding insane or creepy. “I’m so sorry,” he said as he stepped back, shaking his head and chuckling to himself. “I was just so surprised by the revelation you made. I…I did not expect fate to bring me someone that knows my struggle as well.” He paused for a moment and stepped back to where he had been before looking down to the girl and making eye contact with her. “I know that pain you feel. I’m a refugee from Sunagakure as well. I lost my father in the fight, my mother was crippled. I know that pain…” He let his voice trail off for a moment, realizing how crazy he must sound. “I’m sorry…” he muttered again, trying to keep himself composed before finally looking down to his feet. “I’m Uzumaki Takashi. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

WC:1007+1698=2705

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

A faint skip of her beating heart became apparent in her breath, allowing her lips to part in slight as he stood there gawked. She wasn’t sure how to react at the small shake of her hand and lingering motion to it. That gaze dawned between the opposed and the held palms, wanting to make sure she wasn’t being harmed, or if there was going to be an attempt. When the other came to, shaking their head and coming back to reality, it’d click in. “.. Y—You’re from Sunagakure too?!” she’d pipe up, coming to feel a sense of relief. When his hand released hers, she’d move to rest it again her collar bone and simply admired the opposed.  Though, his expression and behavior seemed to shift. It was certainly different from that confidence he showed beforehand. The moment his eyes wandered to his feet, she’d step forth. Her footing was light, letting the motion create a soft shuffle against the stone as she closed the gap between them. Her right hand reached up, an attempt to bring her index finger to his chin. If he’d not pull from it, she’d curl the digit to redirect his attention back to her own. The expression upon her face was rather compassionate, endearing at that. She wished him to have a sense of hope instead of a sudden display of disappointment.  If their gaze were to meet once more, she’d let her lips tug themselves into a brighter smile, reassurance in the time. “Takashi..” she’d speak in mollifying tone, canting her head to the side. “We must not dwell on the occurrence. W—We’ve lost what we have. But, they’d not wish us to sulk over them…” she’d pause, swallowing her own words in the moment. It was clear she was struggling to keep it together in the notion. “I—Instead we must honor them. We must honor their lineage and the village they fought so hard for. W—We are survivors for a reason! W—We are here with purpose...” she’d note, her curled finger retracting to rest along side the other on her collarbone.

Her words offered maturity, a wise sound to the way she spoke. She’d turn on her feet a bit to revisit her glossing hues toward the village of stone. “Fate holds many in hand.. there is reason we gather in such places and cross paths. All is for not..” she’d state, her eyes falling shut as she felt the cold of her tears stream down along her freckles kissed cheeks. Her hands moved to wipe them away, an attempt to hide the sorrowful notion. She’d gleam right back up to him in determination, her smile unwavering in all of this. “Pray tell, what brings you up this way? Why did you seek home in the mountains?” she’d question, a rather interested look. “I’m sure it wasn’t the first choice out of the many that were allied with Sunagakure… “.She’d not stand still for long, moving toward her satchel and the cracked inkwell. With this, she’d bend over and traced her fingers along the flap of her bag and pried it open. Her hands dug into the wears and pulled out two ripe fruits. Peaches, at that. They were succulent and fresh, clearly being bought earlier in the morn. Once she held the fruit in tow, she’d stand upright and walked toward him in the moment. Though, who would she be in her more gleeful state without falter. She’d stumble on her own feet and lost a bit of her balance. Her left hand held the peach a bit more firmly before the right squeezed a bit more harshly, piercing into the fruit and letting the full treat simply gush in her hand. She was beyond embarrassed at that point. It was clear, she was a bit aloof in her ways. Certainly, she was not someone of immense potential. Or, others would presume. After all, remarkable things come in interesting packages. She’d stand still in the moment, watching the juices of the peach drip from her clutched hand before she’d release the hold. There it was, a smooshed fruit in her hold. “H—Here… Take the not mushed one. I—I’ll pick up another in the morrow..” she’d note, her voice a bit rattled with shame.

She’d move to stand a bit closer to him, her left arm extending out and holding the peach closer to his grasp. “You travelled a long way to be up on this vista point. Y—You should keep yourself sustained!” she’d state, clearly interested in his needs over her own.  She’d make quick to hide the other peach from his view, ensuring he more forced to take the pristine one over the smooshed one. The juices of the fruit would spatter to the stone, creating a drip trail in the movement to where she hid it. Behind her back and a bit away from her gown. “You’ll… come to notice I’m a bit of a clumsy fool when it comes to social situations... I—I was not raised in the most admired clan in Sunagakure and was often pushed into unwelcoming situations… for that, I do apologize if I make a muck of something before you” she’d admit, letting her true words chime through. She certain suffered a bullied lifestyle, her voice hushed and her actions apprehensive. It was an obvious tell tale of her ways.

Word Count: 940
Character Count: 4299

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
She closed the gap between the two of them, stepping gracefully as she moved closer than anyone who had just met would. Once she was right next to him, close enough that Takashi was beginning to feel uncomfortable in her presence, she reached up with her right hand. Instinctively, Takashi flinched, but he managed to keep himself in place as she placed her index finger on his chin, slowly curling her finger and forcing him to look back up at her. The slight hint of moisture building in his eyes would be visible to the young woman, but no tears would break over the edge to fall down his face. He had cried far too much already to let himself fall to that level again. He was done with tears. He was done with crying. And her warm smile seemed to indicate that she was as well. The compassion he saw in her eyes was genuine, to the point that it reminded the young Uzumaki of his own mother before she was crippled in the Fall of Sunagakure. There was a kindness in them that was echoed in her words, offering comfort where once there was none. As she continued to remind him of the importance of pushing onward, she would finally retract her hand, and Takashi would find a moment to blink away the gathering moisture in his eyes while she continued.

“Fate holds many in hand.. there is reason we gather in such places and cross paths. All is for not..” she stated, her eyes falling shut and a small trickle of tears streaming down along her freckle kissed cheeks. Her hands moved to wipe them away, all while her smile held true, unwavering in the face of the intense emotion she clearly felt. It was admirable, that much was certain. Then, as quickly as the wisdom had begun to pour out of her, it ceased. She suddenly changed the topic, probably in an attempt to prevent more tears from springing free. Takashi was happy to fall back on the far less intrusive side of the conversation, even though the story of his arrival brought back painful memories as well. “To be honest, I did not really have much of a choice,” he began, letting out a strained chuckle as he thought back to the journey through the desert. “I fled the village with my mother on my back and just ran into the desert. I had no idea where I was going; all I knew was that I had to get away from there and save my mom.” He paused for a moment and looked around to see if there was anyone else listening in on their conversation. It seemed like they were alone, and suddenly feeling exhausted by the rush of emotions he was feeling, Takashi sat down on the cliff, continuing his story.

“I wandered through that desert for what felt like forever. I’m sure it was only a few days judging by the fact that neither my mother or I died of thirst, but we almost did. I collapsed in the sand, unable to go any farther. When I woke up, I was here, in the village hospital. My mother is still there, but then I joined the academy right away and became a genin as quickly as possible. And so here I am. But what about you? How did you arrive here?” He stopped then, smiling up at the girl and thanking her as she offered him the peach that she had not accidentally destroyed. She was so concerned for him…it was almost too much concern from a woman he barely knew. But he did not want to deny her and be rude. Instead he took a bite of the peach as she once again apologized for something she had not yet done. It was becoming a running theme that Takashi felt was incredibly unnecessary, but again, he did not want to be rude. Instead, he decided to brush over the comment about how clumsy she may or may not be and instead focus on something that was more interesting to him.

“I did recognize the name of your clan actually. I don’t know much about them, but you’re not wrong about them not being the most admired. In fact, I would venture to say they are infamous to be honest. They are known, at least to me, by their aggression, rash decisions, and fighting prowess. And yet aggression is not something I read from you. You’re far too kind to live up to those stereotypes.” He smiled at her once again, hoping that she would stop criticizing herself so much. The fact that she was here and had survived the Fall of their home made her infinitely more interesting and important to Takashi, so a sullied view of her made by her own words was not something he wanted to deal with. She had to be confidant to have survived something so awful; she should start showing that side of herself. These thoughts all ran through his head while the young Uzumaki waited to hear if Tamae would tell her own story, or if it was too painful for her to relate.

WC:875+2705=3580

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

When the opposed took the offered fruit, she’d turn on her feet to glance about for a place to dispose of the smooshed one. With a simple sigh, she’d come to wander to her satchel once more and dug into. Her hand moved about before tugging out a piece of beige cloth, setting the smooshed peach into it. Her fingers dabbled into her mouth, allowing the pair to suckle the juices of the fruit from the pigments as she listened to Takashi speak of his past. It was rather interesting, knowing that another traversed the desert and nearly suffered the same fate as herself, although it was him being a true hero in the moment. She’d pause mid motion, glancing over to him with a surprised look to her face. She’d pull her index finger from between her lips and let her hues dawn to her digits. “A rather interesting turn of events. W—We live our lives in that village and yet... we forget the necessities in those times of need.” she’d offer in a sotto voce. She’d move her finger between her lips once more, cleaning that last digit of it’s fruity nature.  “It’s partially why I keep a stock of pulpy fruits and a waterskin of water. We suffered similar fates that day” her voice kept with that dulcet, allowing her frame to sway lightly along its footing, standing beside the man. In ease, she’d sit herself beside him and dangled her legs over the ledge. “When the city perished, I came to and was able to escape the rubble of my home. My Mother and Father were the only ones whom cared for me at the time. So, I lost those who I loved and those who I knew loved me back. I was distraught and devastated to know that we were merely enjoying each others company before things took a turn for the worst. It... happened so fast. Like how things can seem alright and then suddenly...” she’d pause in her words, her hands moving to her cowl and tugged it back, the silken material naturally resting against her shoulders and back. Her delicate digits weaved into the thick locks as they combed through it; a comforting motion for the docile beauty.

“Things seem to shift without a moments notice. Anyways, I wound up finding what I could and setting out into the desert myself. I knew nothing of the lands outside our village... I didn’t know my left from my right. I was lucky I made it as far as I did. I collapsed days later from heat stroke and dehydration and was recused by a mysterious figure. They took me in and guided me here.” She’d note, her voice offering a harmony of glee in it. “I never got their name. I knew not who they were… just the kindness that was offered my way. They taught me some things and made mention that I needed to write a test of sorts and take life into my own hands.” Her fingers continued to comb through her locks, the motion fluid and slow. “They also motioned that someday our paths may cross. But, I will never know who they are. So, I… will never get to thank that kind stranger for what they did for me. They could have left me to rot away in the sand. But, they didn’t… They picked me up and pushed a second chance into my hands. I—I certainly won’t let them down!” she’d pipe up, perking her frame up a bit in her seated state. Her gaze loomed over to his own, watching him in oddity. “I am truly sorry to hear about your mother. I’m sure she’d be proud of where you are now and the prospects the future has to hold” she’d state with mellifluous.

“As for my clan, I’m honored you see past their lineage and reputation. I’ve not met another of my clan, asides my estranged brother. When my father wedded a ‘weaker’ woman, they essentially pushed our family aside for it and thusly so—” she’d pause, coming to gleam up to him with a bit of hesitation. Her lips curled into a faint smile before a soothing giggle escaped them. “Dear me, I’ve come to babble on so much about myself. The Uzumaki clans have a rather big name they live up to. I do wonder if that’s a drive or motive for you...” she’d murmur a bit, thinking aloud. “Not that you aren’t well versed in your clans abilities and such. Just, a genuine curiosity” she’d state, glancing back over to the scenery below. It was truly different, the land in the mountains. A place made of such sturdy material and yet, the fear of it crumbling before her would bring worry to her mind.  She’d shake her head of those ill thoughts, the past certainly catching up to her in the moment.

Word Count: 849
Character Count: 4381

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
The surprised look on her face in response to his story confused him for a moment, but the reason for it became apparent quickly after that. He listened intently to the young woman and he took a bite of his peach, the juices falling over his fingers and making them sticky. He frowned slightly in disgust while looking down at his hand. He hated the feeling of having sticky fingers and quickly looked for the water bottle he had brought with him for his training session. He stopped when he saw that Tamae was simply licking the peach juice form her fingers and decided to do the same, figuring that she obviously didn’t find it unclean or rude if she was doing it herself. As he licked his fingers and continued to enjoy the peach, he found himself listening to her story with a cold, detached feeling in his chest. It was not as if he did not care about what had happened, and he certainly could sympathize with her. But for some reason, the thought of all of the death and destruction wrought on his home that day had come to numb him finally. He nodded along slowly with her words, taking in all of the details and realizing how similar their stories truly were, but for some reason the sadness that he had felt with his own story did not resurface. Perhaps it was because he knew that everyone had suffered a similar fate that day. Perhaps he was finally beginning to feel like he was not so special when it came to being a sand refugee.

Regardless of the cold feeling in his chest, Takashi continued to listen to her, and he even perked up with her when she vowed to make her home proud. “That makes two of us,” he said simply as she looked over to him. “I also refuse to let them down.” He was grateful that after that point the topic of conversation changed. He did not enjoy the cold feeling in his chest, and the faster they moved on from the horrible atrocities that the two of them had faced that day, the better. When she asked about his own clan, Takashi could only smile and nod for a moment at her comment. The Uzumaki name did come with very big shoes to fill. His clan’s name had been famous ever since the Uzumaki clan came to be known by the rest of the ninja world. Their proficiency in fuuinjutsu was known in every country, and at one point in time, multiple entire countries sought to wipe them out because of the potential strength their sealing abilities present. It was something that Takashi was proud of, but simultaneously it was something he felt obligated to. He needed to prove that he was worthy of the name.

Glancing out over the village much like his new friend, Takashi began to talk about what little he knew of the Uzumaki’s strength. “You’re right there,” he said with a smile. “The Uzumaki name carries a certain…weight about it. Depending on where you are in the word, it can mean different things. In the Land of Fire, everyone thinks back to the Seventh Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto. But in our old homeland, and most of the rest of the world, Uzumaki is synonymous with fuuinjutsu.” Swinging his legs over the cliff, Takashi leaned back and laid down on the stone, looking up at the sky in its lovely hues of red and purple while continuing to eat his peach between sentences. “My father was able to teach me some things before his passing, and I’ve even inherited the sealing abilities of the Uzumaki clan. But I don’t know everything. Not by a long shot. Out clan in so scattered these days, and the one place where they are centralized, Konohagakure no Sato, is so far away that I have never even set foot in it. I would like to go there someday, but not until I’ve become a ninja worthy of seeing what else my clan has to offer.”

The young Uzumaki let out a yawn and stretched then, the exhaustion of the day of training finally catching up to him. From his laying position, Takashi took the pit of the peach he had finished and threw it off the cliff. Them, knitting his fingers together, Takashi reached behind his head and continued to look up at the sky, dreaming of what a land covered in green must be like. “So much of our history has been lost. I would love to learn more, but it’s so difficult to come by these days. So for now I’m just going to focus on my training.” He sat up after that, realizing that he had now been the one rambling on about things Tamae may not find interesting. Turning toward her, he tried once again to change the subject. “Speaking of which, how is your training going? You are a genin as well right?”

WC:845+3580=4425

11The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Empty Re: The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Sun May 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

A soft hum escaped the woman’s lips, listening to his words and tales of his clan and their reasoning. It was more than she could ever hope for. “It’s a blessing, to have those memories with you. Though, it’d certainly be an eye opener to finally dabble into the richness of your clan’s abilities... I—I can only imagine what you’d uncover!” she’d pipe up, her voice rather melodic as she’d still offer her harmonious voice. A simple pause in her tone came to echo in the faint air about her, allowing her words to catch her mind in the moment. With a simple shake of her head, those locks of hers would sway and swish in the motion. “I think you’re going to make a great Shinobi someday… and you certain will not let your clan down. I—I understand it’s strange to hear those words from a total stranger, Takashi. But, it’s what I can sense from your vibe...” she’d pause, gesturing to him “I mean that in a positive notion. It implies, based off what we’ve shared thus far, the drives and motives are in the right place to head in that goal orientated direction!” she’d perk up, trying to ensure her words were heard and not lost in the babble of her thought. “The historic will come in time. You may even encounter it when you least expect it!” she’d state in confidence, coming to rest her hands against her lap once more. Her fingers soon laced and twiddled with her gown, playing with the fabric in meek. “I am a Genin, yes. But, trainings been slow. It’s not easy to come by anyone who is willing to train a Kuroka that isn’t… a fully versed one. I fall under the Taijutsus and Bukijutsus.. and that has done me wonders! But, again, it’s about finding the right match to assist with training and bettering myself in ways I never thought possible.” she’d pause in her words, coming to glance over to her satchel. “I.. use blades in close range and I’ve honestly never been the best with them. So, I’m hoping to get into proper practice with them very soon!” she’d beam, turning that sense of negativity into something more positive. Though, it may have no visibly been noted, she’d take the hint of the subject change. It was interesting how much the Uzumaki likes to bounce around from topic to topic, going from the depth of their history to a more upbeat and current matter. It pulled the strings of her mind, letting her hues lock to his own and simply keep her presence aware. She was interested to know more about the man, what made him tick and to work on those uncomforting grounds of deeper wounded topics.

“You seemed a bit focused when you arrived. I can only presume you were training prior to.” she’d note, coming to glance back over to him. She’d gander those hazel hues of hers to his bright ones, allowing the inquiry to linger. “But, I’m sure you’re well trained and prepared for what can come your way. So, I know I’m in safe hands at the moment!” she’d giggle, her pearly whites peeking past the ruby smudge of her lips, a genuine smile adorning her face. She felt at ease in the presence of this man, a rather strange ideal. Perhaps, it was the bond of suffrage that placed that sense of ease to her mind. But, she’d not let it be seen. She’d cross her left leg over top the right, her hands moving to adjust the gown and ensure it covered her in full whilst staying seated. “You’d think after the exams they’d be placing us into groups or making us interact with others a bit more often to start training toward the goal of … Chunin?” she’d dawn on the words, trying to ensure her wording was correct on the matter. “Chunin. That’s the correct one... From what I heard, you’re supposed to be given notice to meet with a higher rank and they are to provide you guidance on your journey to bettering yourself... or from what little I could read about in the tomes.” she’d pause in her words, trying to keep her knowledge in check.

“I’ve never seen someone hone, let alone use, fuuinjutsu. It’s rather new to my knowledge. How does one train with that? More so, what does it exactly do..” she’d question, leaning a bit closer to him in the inquiry. It was a certain bewilderment in her way, wishing to take the knowledge and build her own library in her mind. The man before her was a book, a perfect cover with a compelling story between the pages. She wished to know more and yet, she knew it wouldn’t be something she’d grasp right away. A true page turner, this man was.

Word Count: 855
Character Count: 4401

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
The young woman’s response would have been encouraging on its own; but the fact that her voice was so melodious as she spoke made it all the more pleasant to hear her words of praise and encouragement. She swung her hair from side to side as she continued on, speaking with a certainty that felt misplaced about how positive she was that Takashi would be a great shinobi someday. She said it was from the “vibe” that he was giving off. He had no idea what she meant by that, and even when she tried to explain it, he was having a hard time understanding why she felt the way that she did about his potential. But once again, Takashi was not one to be rude for the sake of being rude. So instead of questioning the girl, the young Uzumaki simply nodded along, uttering a quiet “Thank you,” when she concluded her thought. He glanced down to see her fingers lace together once again, her thumbs chasing one another over and over as she moved on from the topic of his family with him.

As he had suspected, she too was a genin of Iwagakure no Sato. If she had been a higher rank he would have felt like an idiot, going on and on about his home and all he lost. She would have been part of the fighting directly if she had been anything more than a genin back when they were members of the Land of Wind. But he had been correct, and as such found himself interested in what she was most proficient with. She went on to describe her proficiency with Bukijutsu and taijutsu, causing him to furrow his brow in thought. Despite any level of skill she might have in those areas, it certainly meant that she was more of a close quarters fighter, which she then went on to confirm. As she neared the end of that explanation he spoke up saying, “That’s basically the opposite of what I specialize in, interestingly enough. Perhaps one of these days we can teach one another a thing or two about what the other does. I’ve always wanted to learn how to use a sward, particularly katanas and other kenjutsu style weapons.”

The genin could not help but chuckle at her statement about being safe while with him. It was a foolish thing to think, especially considering they were probably on the same level if she was not already stronger than him. He still had such a long way to go, and she was right about the first part of her statement. He had been training day after day trying to get stronger, hopefully closing the gap between himself and those that razed his former home into the ground. But for now he was just a lowly genin, and he had no delusions about his power or lack thereof. “Yes I was training,” he said as he leaned back on the palms of his hands, propping himself up while he chatted with his new friend. “I have been training non-stop for a few days now. I think it is finally starting to get to me, but you gotta do what you gotta do.” He paused once again to hear her questions about the potential of being place on a squad, which was a thought that he had not even allowed to cross his mind, He was not sure how well the other genin would take to having him as a squad mate, especially since he was so much older than then and was a foreigner by all rites. The idea of working on a squad with other shinobi of the Village Hidden in the Stone did not upset him in the slightest, but he knew he would make some enemies just by graduating their academy, let alone working with them. “It is possible,” he said with slight trepidation. “But as nice as it would be to having a jounin to lead us on a consistent basis, I don’t know if I’m quite ready to be held under their scrutiny all of the time yet. On top of that, I don’t know if there are any jounin in the village who specialize in fuuinjutsu, which is what I would really need in order to get stronger.”

When she asked him about fuuinjutsu he would visibly perk up. He loved showing people what he was able to do thanks to his clan, but he figured it would be better to start with the basics and see if she was still interested. He stood up then, dusting himself off as he smiled and said, “Well how about I show you!” Reaching into a pouch on his pant leg, Takashi pulled out a shuriken and held it in his right hand, twirling it in his fingers as he started to explain the basics of fuuinjutsu. “So essentially, fuuinjutsu is any technique that seals objects, living beings, or chakra. The seals are created by the users chakra, and things or energy can be stored within them in order to be used later or for any other purpose you can think of.” He then paused for a moment and formed a series of hand seals before placing his palm on the shuriken against the ground and sealing it into the cliff. “See? You have to know that technique at least if you graduated from the Academy. But fuuinjutsu can be so much more. My clan, the Uzumaki, are especially proficient with it and can do thigns with seals that most people can’t. I could show you, if you’re interested.” He smiled slightly, surprised with his openness about the topic. He was not one to talk much, and to go on and on about his ability was definitely out of character. Even so, he wanted to show Tamae, if she wanted to see.

WC:990+4425=5415

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

Admiration was a clear expression upon the docile woman’s face, her gaze gleaming to his own as she listened intently to his words. She was interested in what he had to say about his reasoning for being all the way in the open vista. She’d move to turn a bit on the ledge, her legs curling more to the ledge before she watched him stand up. A bewildered look dawned her visage before her hands pressed flat to the stone and anchored them in place. With the momentum, she’d push back to slide her tush along the stone before turning to rest her knees against one another and to the ground. It wasn’t love before she’d move to curl them closer to her form to plant the flats of her shoes to the ground and throttle forth to rise her frame to a more stabled squat. From there, she stood up to her small stature and brought her hands to clasp rub against other another, freeing them of any debris. “You wish to show me? A rather interesting notion. I—I’d be honored to witness the potentials and great characteristics of this fuuinjutsu. In return, I can show you the bit I know of my own capabilities. But, that’s if it’s not too late in the eve..” she’d note in hush, her doe-like gaze dawning over toward the setting sun. It was a captivating sight, the pallet that coloured the sky was easily leaving the woman breathless. A true beauty to behold in the harsh elements of the world.

She’d listen to his words, picking up on the keen details of his statement. But, it wasn’t the words that caught her interest, far from. It was the enthusiasm in his speech. He was clearly involved in his art and abilities, truly proud at this given chance to prove his arduous work; or to show it off in the likes. The corner of her plush lips curled into a warm smile, truly inspired by the other. “A set of seals? I’ve only really read up on them. Performing them in the vigorous pace that many Shinobi’s do is.. daunting. I can’t wrap my head the amount of motions they must make to successfully pull of their jutsus..” she’d pause, coming to begin to make a few. She’d start with a simple one, the Serpent. “Some of them have over ten movements. I can barely transition from the simple few before getting finger knots!”She’d move her hands to make a few others, coming across Rat and Monkey before trying for Bird. Her fingers would fumble, her smile widening in the moment as she’d shake her head. “See, finger knotted. Almost like one would be if they were tongue tied”. She’d flick her hands to stretch the joint and loosen her fingers a bit from the motions. She’d pause in her movements and nodded her head happily to him. “I’d be happy to learn more. After all, who knows if we will end up working side by side! I would need to know what I’d have to sync up to and collab with to make the perfect combinations if need be!”

She’d move toward her satchel and leaned down to grasp it. Her fingers were quick to curl about the strap and hoist the material upward and over her head. The length nestled across her torso in a diagonal like set; resting on her right shoulder and down to her left side. Her hands moved to readjust the wear and ensured it was comfortably set to her plumper frame. “There we are. Now, perhaps showing these techniques should be moved away form the ledge. The last thing we need is a tussle down the steep of it. I—I’d hate to end up like that peach pit you hucked over the ledge side.” she’d note, remembering that pit tumbling against the jagged structure.

Word Count: 707
Character Count: 3661

14The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Empty Re: The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
It was very encouraging to see the look of admiration that was spread across the face of his one and only audience member. She had stood up with him so as to get a better look at what he was doing, and not that he had started his explanation, it would be very hard for him to stop. Fuuinjutsu was a huge passion of his due to the importance it held within his clan historically and presently. Though he had never been to Konohagakure no Sato where his clan now resided, he felt a certain connection with them that made him want to make them proud. He felt like as much of a member as anyone who lived in the Land of Fire, even if they didn’t feel the same way. He took a moment to look out at the sunset with Tamae, admiring its beauty as it hung silently over his new home. It was a good home, and even though it had meant losing his old one, he was happy that this is where he had ended up.

Takashi listened as she spoke on the topic of hand seals for a moment and could not help but nod along at some of her point. It certainly took a lot of practice to weave them together so effortlessly. He was pretty good at it for now, and most of the jutsu he used only required a few, but it was defiantly something he would have to work on. He squatted down once again as she said that she was interested in learning more about Fuuinjutsu and more specifically the Uzuamki and their special sealing style. Before he would show her that, he would have to get his shuriken back. Takashi reached out to the spot where sealing script was now written on the ground and placed his palm onto it. By channeling chakra through himself and into the seal, he was able to release it and claim his ninja tool once again, leaving no script behind where he had placed it before. “Like I said before,” he would explain. “That is just the jutsu that we learn in the academy. But now you’ll see the more interesting stuff.”

He nodded at her suggestion that the pair of ninja move away from the edge of the cliff, figuring that it was better for them to be safe rather than sorry when Takashi started showing off a little bit. It was so out of character for him to be like this, but then again, people did not usually care about his abilities with fuuinjutsu, as most common civilians only knew about ninjutsu and the flashy techniques that come out of using it at a high level. That was fair though, considering how common that specialization for ninja was. When they were a little farther away from the cliff edge Takashi would begin speaking on the subject at hand, hoping that he would not bore his new friend too much.

“So like I said before, most fuuinjutsu techniques function by using the chakra infused symbols to seal things away or store things in so that they can be unsealed later, like bomb-seals, barriers and items. In order to make things easier going forward, I’ll call those kinds of seals ‘locks.’  In the simplest of terms, locks create bonds in which to bind things.” He paused for a moment then, letting the information sink in so that Tamae could ask any question if she had any. Once he was confident that she was ready to continue, he would. “Now something that is unique my clan is the ability to not only create ‘locks’ like almost any other ninja, but he can also create what we call ‘keys.’ Keys use the chakra infused symbols to unseal or unlock things from their bonds, be they chakra or otherwise. These keys can do all sorts of things! They can unseal potential power within people, cripple enemies with pain, unravel other jutsu, and break apart jutsu into their core components. In the simplest terms, ‘keys’ break down existing bonds within structures the seals are placed on, rather than creating new ones.”

He stopped after that and once again left room for Tamae to ask questions, prepared to answer to the best of his ability. Once she had asked all of her questions and he had answered the best he could, he would say one more thing. “The Uzumaki clan is an old clan. So old, in fact, that a lot of our history and special techniques have been lost to time. But I take pride in what I do know, and I plan on doing my best to keep learning about what I can do every day. That’s why I was up here today. I was not only training my body, but my jutsu as well. It’s important to me.” He would smile then and let out a short sigh, aware of how much he had just spoken and feeling embarrassed once again by it. But if earlier was any indication, he didn’t think Tamae would care.

WC:857+5415=6272

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

The young woman would follow his lead, something she seemed to not do often. Her gaze just fixated on him as she’d loom those hazel hues to his own. She was captivated, entranced with what he had to say. The way he presented his information got her more enticed to the knowledge of Fuuinjutsu. He seemed eager to display his capabilities to the curious Genin, simply letting her observe the strange display. It was rather odd, something that required a hand flat to a scroll and against the ground. To her, it seemed like an unnecessary step in the ability itself. But, she wasn’t one of those natures. Far from. Her hands moved to rest against the slung strap of her satchel, those delicate digits curling about the width of the strap and grasping at it in a firm notion, perhaps the young lass seemed a bit unsure of what was going to happen. Her hues danced about the environment, taking in the mild beauty before she’d place two and two together. The vista cliff was vast and open, making it the perfect place to practice abilities that would seem large or pungent to the naturality in the village. Though, that doe like gaze would not sway for long, as her interests were as presented, the desired knowledge of this jutsu. It was far from her grasp, something so historic and generational. He seemed to delve more into it, as if he was book, wide open and ready to introduce this hungry mind to the depths of the skill.

She’d pause in the moment, letting her mind catch up to the sudden flow of intel from the other. With a slight shake of her head, she’d simply offer a reassurance to his ways. “Takashi, you honor me with this great gift of erudition. To take the time and lay it out for me is something I find… engaging. A most admirable teaching style thusly so!”  she’d note, her plump lips curling more in that sweet nature of hers. She’d wander over, daring to close the gap between the two, and simply crouched down beside him to examine the scroll. Her hand moved out to rest atop of it, wanting to grasp the motions of the reasons. Perhaps, to her, learning meant indulging in the skill itself. After all, she was a Taijutsu user. A perplexed look dawned her once sweetened visage, letting her silently ponder the moment before she’d retract her hand. She was interested, it was clear. “You’re telling you can conceal many things through this technique?”  she’d question, glancing over to him. Her raven locks swayed in the motion, letting the stands cascade a bit over her docile features; hiding the hue a bit.  “Rather interesting if you can seal out anything. Or, is there a limitation to size and weight?”  she’d wonder, perking up slightly as her hands moved to trace along her gown. In the motion, she’d ensure that her wears sat against her frame and covered her in the most modest ways.

She’d indulge more into the lesion, coming to move her hands to her side to pry open the latch and flip the flap of her bag. Her hands dug into the bag and pulled out a small vial of ink, a writer’s brush, and a small scroll of parchment. She’d set them down before her, only to bring her hands back into her bag and pulled out a shuriken. She’d place one of the stars tips into her mouth and let her teeth clamp down on the metal to keep it in place. With that, she’d have free hands to unravel and flatten out the paper. She’d pop the vials cork and placed it between her knees and clamped them together to hold it in place. Once set, she’d take the weapon from her mouths tow and sat it down in the middle of the parchment and took the writer’s brush and readied herself. “Now, what do I do?” she’d offer in question, clearly eager to learn the basics or even experience the process through her own means. She wished to learn more of this technique, something she had never seen before nor had the chance to really grasp until this given moment. “I’ve only heard so much about these things. B—But to experience it or even get to try it first hand is something scholars and bookworms get to bask into.. T—this is truly a marvel. Let alone, a rare opportunity itself!” she’d exclaim, her voice filled with a gleeful chime. She was clearly one for knowledge, a woman of keen senses and a hunger for philosophy. “I—I know I will not be anywhere near your skills, when it comes to these sorts of jutsus. But, the mere fact I got to try means the world to a Genin like I..” she’d state. She was honest in that, her face once of hopefulness and exulation.

Word Count: 850
Character Count: 4464

16The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Empty Re: The Bonds of Sand. [Private / No Death] Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
Tamae seemed to be engaged in Takashi’s teaching, which was all the encouragement he needed to keep going strong. Each new part of the lesson that he showed her brought more and more questions, which were exactly what the young Uzumaki loved to see. He had always been told that the best way to improve on something was to teach someone else. In this case, he was giving an entire history lesson as well as the practical application of what he was talking about. It was a lot of information for his new friend to process, but Takashi kept it coming, stopping only to let her ask her questions. “You certainly can hide a great many things!” he said in response to her first question. “But yes there are a few limitations. The larger or stronger an object is, the more chakra it requires to hold it in a seal. The technique isn’t perfect either. If anyone can see chakra, like people with dojutsu or similar sensory jutsu, then they will certainly see the seals that you create as plain as day. So, you have to be careful when using this basic technique for stealth purposes.”

Ad he continued on, he noticed that the genin opposite him was reaching into her satchel and pulling out a few objects. He did not let that stop his lesson, but as he continued to speak he took note of what she was removing form the bag. First came a vial of ink that reminded him of the inkwell that she had spilled earlier. The stain on her dress caused him to cringe for the briefest of moments, but he quickly moved on from it considering she had already. Next, she pulled out a writer’s brush much like the one she had been using earlier. He hadn’t seen her work before, but judging by the tools she had on her, Takashi would not be surprised if she was good at calligraphy. It was a skill he admired, but not one that he ad any interest in learning about. He had much more important things to focus on, such as his training and teaching. The last two objects that she pulled out were bother very relevant to the lesson he was giving, and he nodded to her as she set down the scroll of parchment on the ground and followed that up by pulling out a shuriken of her own.

What followed though was perplexing to the young Uzumaki, as she pulled out her brush and seemed to ready herself. He was not sure whether she was preparing to actually write out the sealing script that would appear as part of the jutsu, or if she was going to take notes on what he said. Unsure of what exactly what was about to happen, the genin took a few steps forward and closed the distance between them, kneeling down next to the parchment that was on the ground with the shuriken place on top of it. Tamae’s gleeful chime and the smile on her face excited Takashi even more. She was so ready to learn and her gratitude was overflowing to the point where Takashi almost felt uncomfortable with the amount of praise he was getting. But, despite the new situation, the Uzumaki managed to push the thought from his mind and focus on what had to be shown to his new friend. Glancing down at the shuriken, Takashi began his explanation of the basic sealing technique.  

“Well, like I said before. You probably know the basic technique from your time in the academy.” He began by sitting down on the cliff next to the scroll, taking a relaxed position to try an emulate the simplicity of the jutsu. He hoped it would give Tamae a sense of confidence that would let her do just as well as him. “To do this technique, if you have the object you want to seal laying flat in another object, like a scroll or parchment as you do here, then it becomes really easy to perform. All you have to do is form a single hand seal and focus your chakra into the object, compressing it and holding it within a basic seal like the ones taught in the academy.” With that, Takashi formed the tiger seal and channeled his chakra as he had described. There was a small poof as the shuriken vanished into the parchment, and all that remained was a small circular sealing script. “See? Easy enough.” He then made the same and seal and released the seal he had placed, causing the smoke to return and the shuriken to exit the parchment. “If you’re having hard time because it is one of the first times you’ve done this, you can place your hand on the shuriken and paper as well. That makes it a lot easier to transfer the chakra and create the seal.”

With a smile, he slid the parchment closer to her and looked up to her eyes. His enthusiasm for teaching was matched only by her enthusiasm for learning in that moment. “Now it’s your turn. Go on and give it a try!”

WC:870+6272=7142

Tamae

Tamae

D-rank

A mused look adorned her visage, letting her eyes watch the movements of his hands and the action that followed, practically amazed by the display. “...By the many!” she’d exclaim, letting her head cant to the side. “I—I must admit, I presumed you needed to use ink to make the proper marking for the seal!” she’d exclaim in a jolly manner, her smile widening as she let out a bellowed giggled, a true gleeful sound at her silly antics. “A—And here I am ready to place my scripture skills to the test” she’d huff, a playful sound at that. She was clearly trying to make light of her simple assumption. She’d bring her hands to set the ink vial and brush aside and out of reach of her clumsy nature, ensuring her dress wasn’t meeting that stained fate a second time. She’d adjust her stance and came to watch him move the parchment closer to her. She’d tense up a bit, his natural ability to perform this skill was something she knew that wasn’t in her range of displays. Her left hand reached out, the fingers beginning to tremble in the movement. Her nerves were setting in, her lower lip tugging itself into a firm hold as she’d sprawl those digits outs. She’d curl them to press the fingertips about the star to create a cage about the weapon. Her fears began to settle in, unsure if she’d be able to perform such a thing with her given traits. She’d close her eyes and eased her palm flat against the weapon, feeling the cold metal pry to her warm flesh in ease. She’d hang her head a bit, letting her hair cover her face as she’d certainly give it her all. She’d try to concentrate, her clear struggle intuitive.

The weapon did not budge, the flow of chakra none existent in the moment. She’d knit her brows a bit as she withdrew her hand to show the failure of it. Though, it certainly lit a fire under her. She’d return her hand to the weapon and pressed the palm more firmly to hand-held blade and let the edges push into the flesh - piercing the first later a bit as it were. She’d wince as she’d feel that flow come into play, managing to create a bit of a seal and the weapon to be a bit sunken into the parchment. She’d pull back and huffed a bit. “You have to excuse the ill in effort. I—I’m truly trying. Just... Taijutsu is more core based versus exertion through charka like this. I—I know how to do it, it just takes a few tries after you avoid it after the exams...” she’d note, her poor face burnishing that dark shade once more. She’d glance to her hand, seeing a bit of blood smudged onto the pigments. Ignoring it, she’d press that hand to the weapon and continue to try her efforts. Third times the charm, or so they say. She’d push harder and focused that chakra to expending what little she could muster up so willingly. The seal finally flourished, letting the weapon fade and her palm to rest flat to the encrypted parchment. She’d sigh in glee, lifting her hand to reveal four little spots of blood spatter on the paper. “.. My apologies. Sometimes I must push myself to get that extra jump start. It happened on the exams too. But, they saw it a pass” she’d note in lull, sitting back. Her hands moved about the parchment and hefted it up into her tow, leaving the seal exposed. She’d pull the paper tightly and bounced the fibers to let the seal unlock the weapon and the star styled blade to pop out. It’s jump a smidgen and tussle on the paper, as if it was a trampoline.

A warm smile dawned her face, her sun-kissed ivory pigments gleaming in an achieved glow, it was clear the woman was proud of herself. The skills didn’t come naturally to the Genin, but when they did, she was more than proud of the smaller milestones. It was clear she was pleased with the lesson itself, the hands-on learning more to her liking versus the drudge of the tomes she had to spend hours in. “Thank you, Takashi. You’ve certainly opened my eyes to something I thought hardly possible...” she’d note, gleaming over to him with her doe-like hues. “A sense of comfort. I’ve been on the tips of my toes since coming to this place, the village simply estranged to me. But, knowing there is another that has traveled the distance to make better of themselves, certainly places a jump in my hearts beat. Not to mention, a kind heart. You’ve taken the time to sit here with me, listen in, and offer a sense of guidance to a lost mind” she’d note, her voice faint to the sound as she’d set the parchment back to the ground, her right hand wandering along it to smoothen it out. “It’s a hopeful wish come true. So, truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you”. She’d fall silent for the moment, letting the statement settle in with the other before she continued forward. “I wish to repay the favor. If there is something I can teach you or simply help you with, I am in your debt. I offer my aid and shoulder to lean on”.

Word Count: 948
Character Count: 4836

Uzumaki Takashi

Uzumaki Takashi

D-rank
Takashi did not want to laugh at the idea of himself writing all of the sealing script for his techniques before using them, but he could hardly help himself. He managed to stifle a full bodied laugh into a simple chuckle as Tamae explained what she thought she had to do in order to practice fuuinjutsu. He could not understand how she managed to make it though the academy exams without knowing such basic knowledge of sealing and its requirements, but then a thought occurred to him. If she knew so little about this part of being a ninja, then she must be extremely well versed in her own specialties. He had always thought of picking up a sword someday, and so knowing that the young woman before him could use one with a great deal of proficiency, he made a mental note to ask her to teach him someday. It would be a perfect edition to his repertoire of skills.

As Tamae began to position herself to use the sealing technique, Takashi noticed that she seemed to tense up almost instantly. It was clear that this was out of her comfort zone, and yet even so she was going to do her best to perform. It was a quality that the Uzumaki knew was important for any ninja to possess, and it was one he was not sure he could admit to having. He had always been one to focus on doing what he knew very well, and the second something seemed beyond his grasp he would move on form it, instead hoping to perfect what he was skilled at, rather than gain a wide variety of skills and knowledge. As she lowered her hand to attempt the seal, Takashi could already tell that it would fail. He knew that telling her that would be discouraging though, so instead he watched and waiting, hoping that she would notice soon enough.

When she attempted it for a second time, the Uzumaki could see the sealing script beginning to form, but the flow of chakra was just not present, and he knew that she knew that too. As she explained to him why it was so difficult, he simply nodded, trying to understand what it must be like to not be able to flow chakra so simply like he could. “I’ve never had that problem,” he said quietly. He was not trying to brag; just simply telling her where his own problems were. “Though I am no good at flowing chakra through me internally. My taijutsu ability is limited to hand to hand combat and nothing enhanced by chakra. That is where you have the edge on me.” Tamae continued to try, and finally on her third attempt, Takashi saw the full measure of the sealing script spread across the parchment. The sigh that Tamae released could only be described as gleeful, and Takashi smiled along with her and she removed her palm, revealing the blood stained parchment marked with the generic sealing script taught in the academy. Accompanied by yet another apology, Tamae lifted the parchment and released the seal after Takashi got a good look at it. She had done a good job once she had finally made the seal, the only issue for her was the actual flow of chakra in the first place. Takashi made a mental note of that as well, trying to think of ways to help her with that skill.

Her gratitude for his simple demonstration was almost overwhelming. Her warm smile and proud visage caused a small sense of pride to well up within himself as well. But her gratitidue was not only for the lesson. It was for something far more important. “Thank you, Takashi. You’ve certainly opened my eyes to something I thought hardly possible...” she paused, her gaze passing over him. “A sense of comfort. I’ve been on the tips of my toes since coming to this place, the village simply estranged to me. But, knowing there is another that has traveled the distance to make better of themselves, certainly places a jump in my hearts beat. Not to mention, a kind heart. You’ve taken the time to sit here with me, listen in, and offer a sense of guidance to a lost mind.” Her vice was faint, and her movements slow as she placed the parchment back on the ground and smoothed it out. “It’s a hopeful wish come true. So, truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you”. She fell silent, and Takashi himself remained silent as well for a moment, a felling of understanding washing over him. He knew exactly what she meant; he had been lonely. Plain and simple. He missed his home and the people there, and he missed not knowing the place where he laid his head at night. He nodded slowly as she offered to return the favour, trying to form the words that would make the most sense of what he wanted to say.

“No thanks are necessary,”
he said, his smile now fading to a more serious face for a moment. “I am more than happy to help out someone from my home. I’m just sorry I did not get to meet you sooner, like back in the Land of Wind.” He paused for a moment then, thinking if there was anything else to say on the topic. Coming to the conclusion that there was not, he decided to try to change it. “But I will take up that offer to repay that favour. Two things would be very helpful. One, could you maybe show me how to use a sword someday? And two, I need a partner for some missions that the village is going to be assigning soon. Would you like to help me with them? A team of two is much better than flying solo when it comes to missions.”

WC:989+7142=8131

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.