You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Arrival Empty Arrival Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
It had been quite some time since they’d left the wind country, days and nights of near constant travel. The young child that Izumi had saved was still with Izumi and Syekren, apparently she wanted to go wherever Izumi went. Even going so far as vowing to enroll in the academy at the Mist Village so that one day she could be more like Izumi, the young one was inseparable from the pair. This morning Izumi woke up leaning on Syekren, a position she’d found herself on more than one occasion during this journey. Chou was his daughter yes, but Izumi had grown very close to the man closer than a teacher and student generally were. They had experienced something few could relate to, the destruction of a place they once called home. One of them in fact even participated in its destruction while the other helped with the evacuation efforts. Izumi would stretch and awaken slowly seeing that Syekren was already awake, presumably for some time already. Izumi was wrapped in the oversized coat that she had taken on long term loan from the man she’d known only as the Jackal. Oddly enough, the man resembled a coyote more than anything, but it is to be assumed to be some weirdness in the naming conventions of criminal code names. Izumi would curl up against him and pretend to be asleep while he looked at her musing over gods know what. Izumi was excited for her new life in the Village Hidden in the Mist, but was sad that that might mean the end of her time with Syekren. Izumi refused to let that be the case, and vowed to see him again wherever he might settle. After all, one silver lining of the destruction of her home land was that Syekren’s name was cleared. He was free to live as he chose where he chose. Izumi didn’t quite understand why he wouldn’t stay there with her but clearly the man had his reasons. Perhaps there was an old enemy here that he wanted to avoid. Perhaps he didn’t like the cold. Whatever the case, Izumi was sure she would grow and heal in this new village the Mist was the next closest village to the Sand after the Leaf. Izumi did not like the Leaf village and in fact partially blamed it for the destruction of her home, after all it was Konoha criminals that had destroyed her village, or at least that was what the rumors were around the caravan. Izumi would try to find out what she could from her mentor. It was odd to call Syekren a mentor, he was so much closer to her than that. They had travelled together these long days and nights sharing stories and getting to know each other. They had a deep bond that began as master and student but had changed from the proximity they shared.  

The contemplative and drowsy bliss would be interrupted pleasantly by Syekren’s voice, "We're here darling. We made it to the village hidden in the mist. I don't know what waits for us behind these gates, but soon I'm sure we'll have a choice to make. As long as things don't go badly for us here, I may stay a while longer and pick up some supplies and a few missions. Otherwise I will have to move on. I just.." Izumi’s eyes would open, her façade of sleep coming to an end, stretching as she sat up she’d look around and see they were at the gates of her new home, the Mist Village. Syekren sounded upset, like there was something he wanted to say, "I just don't want to leave you here all by your lonesome. I've grown accustomed to having you with me and having you by my side. I dunno what I'd do without you next to me on the road anymore. It just strikes me that we're a good pair, you and I. Do you know what I'm saying?"  Izumi would get one more good stretch in and rub her eyes before replying to Syekren,  “We’re here already? I hope you can stay for a while, and we’ve talked about this; why can’t you just stay with me here? Even if we do part ways for a while, you’ll know where to find me. Whenever you do settle down, send me a letter I’ll come see you. Besides with the exams coming up you’ll have to come back here to take me there.”

By the time she’d gotten her piece in they were at the gate. Being that they were both registered shinobi they had to identify themselves to the gate ninja. Syekren showed them his card first and Izumi would follow suit smiling at the guard as she presented her identification. As the large gate opened granting them entry to the Village Hidden in the Mist, Izumi would grasp Syekren’s hand it made her feel safe and filled her with a serene warmth that she wished could be permanent. Syekren was in an unassuming outfit that suggested nothing of the hidden strength of the man. He might not be the strongest jounin but he was still nothing to be trifled with by lesser ninja. He would lead her through the village to a bar that had a vague resemblance to the one she had trained and stayed in for a short while on the night of the Sand’s destruction. He would again reach out for her hand which she would grasp, gazing into his eyes for a short while. “It’s not so bad here. It’s not like they arrested you at the gate or something. You should stay with me a while, at least to rest up and recover from the long journey you’ve already made. Besides, it’s not like you have anywhere to be or a schedule to follow. You’re free now.” Syekren didn’t appear moved by her addition, he was still going to go back to Kumo it seemed. "Nay lass, I’ll be movin’ on in a couple o’ weeks. I don’t really wanna get in to it, but I can’t stay ‘ere long.”  Izumi had an idea however, perhaps she could get him to stay for a couple weeks and then take her with him to go to the exams. ”You can at least stay with me here until the Chunin Exams begin right? They’re being held in the Cloud Village anyways so you could take me there.” Her suggestion had been successful, Syekren had agreed to stay with her and help her train for a couple weeks before setting off to his more permanent home in the Village Hidden in the Clouds, Izumi was glad that they’d have some extra time to spend to together she wasn’t looking forward to having to go without him.

1182 words.

Training: Perception C - C-2 1175/1175

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.