You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
Mission "A Call for Help":

"No, I'm sorry." The same response would be repeated by the male sitting back behind the desk. There would be the slightest bit of twinge on his face as he said it. His lip would curl up in a nearly unnoticeable way. It only barely detracted from the smile that he was wearing. "You'll have to understand, Mister Hōzuki. Your current status as a junior shinobi does not allow you to take C-Rank missions by yourself."

The idle pleasantries directed at him were enough to make Chigetsu cringe. It was difficult to look up at the secretary who was addressing him, especially when such an impossibly fake smile was being worn as a mask. Eye contact was avoided entirely. Instead Chigetsu would stare into the older man's neck as he repeated as he said earlier. "Kaniringo Village is in danger though. This is the third time they've posted this mission this month, and from what I can see nobody has taken it yet." The mission scroll that Chigetsu had spread out over the secretary's desk was gestured down to. "This one is dated from the beginning of last month too. If somebody doesn't take-"

"C-Rank missions are only supposed to be given to only experienced genin and chūnin. I've been able to pull your registration up since the last time you've came here as well." The mission scroll would be collected by the secretary and rolled up neatly once again. "You've only become a genin in the last three months. There's no reason for me to believe someone of your skill level could be able to handle this."

The circle that the conversation was going into spun again. The Hōzuki boy would quickly begin another round of protest.  "Innocent people are being hurt though. It's the duty of Kirigakure shinobi to-"  

"Shinobi from Kirigakure are required to follow orders." The retort would immediately silence the male in the middle of his complaint. "I understand that a storm-chasing Hōzuki wouldn't be the most familiar with the rules and regulations that Kirigakure no Sato operates under, so I'll repeat it as many times as is necessary." The change from hidden venom to open hostility close the boy's lips and prompted them into a tight-lipped frown. As shocking as it might have seemed, this game and dance had been played by the two of them before. This wasn't the first time that Chigetsu had asked for this mission. "You're new to Kirigakure, aren't you? It's okay if you need to spend some time adjusting to settled life. As you are now though, a mission along these lines would end with you failing and dying."

Chigetsu would be staring down towards the floor. The mission request office was large enough that there were others that could potentially be listening in, making the entire situation even more uncomfortable. This secretary whose name he didn't even know publicly scolding him within earshot of others was such that Chigetsu's mind instantly switched off. The mere thought of an event that would provoke that much anxiety might have caused the boy to break out into a cold sweat, but to unexpectedly experience it was more than he could respond to. It seemed very foolish now to cringe at those earlier meaningless pleasantries.

"S-Sorry.." White hair streaming down over his face, the boy would attempt to choke out an apology under his breath. With how desperately Chigetsu had wanted to assist in this mission it had only now occurred to him that he technically was speaking to somebody he should consider a figure of authority. "I just...-"

"A D-Rank mission would be more of your speed, don't you think?" The male secretary would place a small scroll on the desk, replacing the one that Chigetsu had place there. "After it came in I saved it for you specifically. I thought the nature of the mission made it suited towards your specific skill set."

Chigetsu would slowly take his eyes away from the floor. The mission scroll that had been offered to him would be glanced at.

"… Septic tank maintenance?"

"With how easily your kind can liquify you'd be perfect for crawling through those sorts of tight pipes. You probably have a bit of experience with sewer pipes too, right?"

There much that Chigetsu had to respond to that. There would be a sickeningly sweet smile on the face in front of him. He would just stare incredulously.  

"Don't fret, Little Moon." An ethereal voice would waft up from the young male's belt. The aura of his kunai's voice struck his ears sideways, prompting a quick shiver up Chigetsu's spine. "This too will simply be another step forward. Your duties and obligations will continue to grow in size. You must have patience."

"But..."  

"Continuing to beg for this mission isn't going to get you anywhere. The first lesson you'll need to learn is how to accept orders from your superiors." The secretary would speak up, seeming to interpret Chigetsu's whispering down to his kunai as being another attempt at protest. "If you can't accept that I would suggest you find another career." "The ladder you climb now may be uncomfortable, but very quickly you will rise beyond these sorts of splinters. Such a tiny wooden pick will be soon unable to reach through your skin..."  

Two voices at once pulled and tugged at the boy. He would remain in place, unable to respond to the both of them at once. His mind would stutter, thinking becoming difficult. Unable to respond, he would just pathetically stare up towards the man who condemned him to cleaning septic tanks.

[WC: 976]

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
Fuyuko had just returned from her adventures in Kumogakure but she wasn’t going to take a break. It was the best time to keep the momentum high and keep her training up. Despite also winning a size-able ryo reward and not really needing to do a mission for the foreseeable future, she didn’t want to already make a dent in that money. So it was the perfect time to go to the administration building and increase the stack of ryo she had going on right now. She stretched herself out one more time while sitting on the edge of the bed. It had finally stopped hurting when she moved her body around. The collar bone having fully healed. She did some morning gymnastics, mostly consisting of just stretching her body out to make sure there were no aches left in her body. When the stretching was done she took of her pajamas and put on her mission gear. A tight fit pair of black pants, a blue t-shirt covered by her flak jacket. Her headband wrapped around her head, her hair in a ponytail held together by a blue ribbon and bobby pin preventing her bangs from sliding in front of her eyes.

With the preparations finished she headed out for the administration building. When she reached the entrance there seemed to be some sort of commotion at the desk. She slowly walked up to the desk and payed close attention to the conversation that was going on. It seemed that the person that was standing in front of the desk wanted to take on a mission which was out of his reach. While she was uncertain the rank of the mission, she might still be able to help the person. She walked up closer to the desk and gently placed her right hand on the persons head. Taking a quick glance at the persons face before talking to the twins behind the desk. “There seems to be some sort of problem with the mission that he wants to take? What mission is it, maybe he could do it with me.” “Aahh Fuyuko, congratulations on your recent promotion. Anyway, yes he could definitely do the mission together with you. Here are the mission details.” One of the twins said as she handed over the mission.

She looked down at the boy with a smile on her face. “You’re alright with doing the mission together with me right?” Looking back up to the twins.  “Well I’ll be heading out then.” Fuyuko let her hand slide of the boys head as she walked back outside of the administration building. To talk with her potential new mission partner as they walked towards the gate of the village. “Better late than never, but as you might have heard I’m Fuyuko. Who might you be?” The boys hair was as white as snow, it made her wonder if he was possibly from the Yuki clan. He also had a pair of bright red eyes which would be hard to miss in a crowd of people. “What made you want to do this mission in particular?

wc 527

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
The presence of a hand suddenly being placed down on his head snapped Chigetsu out of his bout of mental stuttering. The surprise it gave him immediately cleared his mind of his earlier worries. His red eyes would go wide as he looked up to who it was touching him, instantly recognizing her as somebody who had participated in the Kumogakure Chuunin Exams. His memory would be confirmed as one of the two twins behind the desk mentioned her name and recent promotion. As she asked his permission to complete the mission with him Chigetsu would quickly nod his head, murmuring out a whispered "Yes". It was a godsend that she had offered to complete the mission with him. Even if he wasn't being saved by her, Chigetsu doubted he had the capability within him to refuse a request that was made by a Chuunin. It would take a moment for the Hōzuki boy to organize his thoughts again after she removed her hand from his head. As Fuyuko exited the administration building Chigetsu would follow along a few steps behind.  

"A-Ah, I'm..." It would take Chigetsu a moment to properly respond to her request for his name, still somewhat thrown off guard by the entire situation. "...Hōzuki, Chigetsu, of the Hōzuki clan." Mentally he facepalmed at saying his clan name twice. "Talking to people without making a fool of yourself will eventually be a skill you pick up, Chigetsu." His kunai would immediately respond with completely unnecessary sass to his mistake, which Chigetsu would do his best to ignore. "This mission has been there for almost a month now without anybody taking it. I think they just sent another raven with a request for it this morning too. This village keeps on having trouble with bandits, and since nobody is helping them..." He would shrug his shoulders. "A genin should be better than nobody at all, right?"

"But... You're Fuyuko from the Chuunin Exams, right? I went to Kumogakure to watch them, and you were really amazing in your matches!" He had the urge to bow to her or do some other gesture of respect, but in the moment with him trailing behind her she most likely wouldn't have noticed had he gotten down on his knees to bow. "Thank you so much for helping me out with taking this mission too, I feel almost like I've met a celebrity or something just now." He would let out a bubbly, nervous laugh. His nervous energy would be directly down at himself, and he would idly fiddle with the collar of his jacket as he spoke.  

"O-Oh! Kaniringo Village, the one I was talking about that needed help, is almost at the border of the Land of Water... It might take a few days to get there, so I understand if you don't really want to go or anything, especially since the exams didn't end too long ago." He would pause, stopping in place for a moment and offering an apologetic smile towards her. "I don't want to burden you with this or anything, I'm sorry. I really appreciate you offering to help me, but you don't have to."

[WC: 542/1518]

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
A smile appeared across Fuyuko’s face accompanied with a small chuckle as the young man introduced himself to her. It was mildly entertaining to her how he had mentioned his clan name twice. She quietly listened as he talked about how the mission hadn’t been taken for quite some time. It’s unfortunate that it happens, but there wasn’t too much to be done about it, if there wasn’t more man power to take care of it then so be it she thought. However she felt like she had to reply to him when he made the comment about doing it alone, saying that any help would be better than no help. “You see Chigetsu, that’s where you’re slightly wrong.” She turned around to face him directly and look him right in the eyes. “While your heart is in a good place in wanting to desperately help the village. It’s very good of you and makes you very brave, but what good would it do if you went there and you weren’t able to help the villagers out with their problem? What good would it be if you ended up being severely injured or even killed? The missions are restricted for a reason and no matter how badly you want to do them, the rules are in place for your own safety as well.” She would place her hand on his again and ruffle his hair in a sort of gesture that his heart was in the right place but that he shouldn’t think to full of himself. When the short ruffle was done she would turn around again and continue their walk to the exit of the village.

The conversation topic they had completely changed into something that was very unrelated to what they were just talking about it. She didn’t mind it though, she enjoyed talking and learning about new people. With that also came talking about yourself of course. “You think I was amazing? Well thank you for that compliment.” She said as she turned her head slightly and showed a small smile before looking forward again. “I think I did pretty alright. But could’ve definitely done better than I did. Izumi really showed me that I wasn’t even close to being up to par.” She said with slight sad tone in her voice as she gazed up into the sky. “But I’m still proud of what I achieved!”.  The words her conversation partner spoke next came as quite the shock to her and left her a little bit flabbergasted. A celebrity? What made him say that? Sure she made it pretty far in the exams, but to called a celebrity was quite a stretch wasn’t it? She wasn’t really sure how to reply to it and so just shrugged it off to the side.

She noticed that he stopped walking which made her stop as well and turn her body a little bit so that her head would face in his direction. “What are you talking about? There is no need for you to apologize at all, it’s also no burden of sorts. I’m a Kirigakure shinobi and feel the need to help my village and country when it’s needed. If they’ve been without aid for so long all the more reason to take up that mission, right? Also if it’s that far away from where we are, shouldn’t we pick up the pace then and head over there as fast as you can?” With that said she picked up the pace until she would slightly out pace her partner at which point she’d slow a bit back then so that they could stick together. Chigetsu was an interesting fella a little bit weird, but certainly seemed like fun company to have.

wc 648
twc 1175

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
The gentle ruffle of his hair was enough to brush away his worries for a second time. The paired direct eye contact she gave him would cause him to immediately turn his eyes away, staring directly towards the ground rather than return it. Chigetsu wasn't at all familiar with physical contact, and the light touch and direct eye contact sent him again into a state where he didn't exactly know how to respond. Even as he looked down to the ground, Chigetsu would retain that soft, apologetic smile that he had been wearing. Even if he didn't exactly agree with what she was saying about the risk of being seriously harmed or injured Chigetsu would simply nod his head in acceptance after the ruffle of his hair. It wasn't his place to refuse the wisdom of a higher ranked shinobi anyway. What she said to him would quickly be committed to his memory.  

Having Fuyuko stop as he did to address his worries caught the boy off guard again. Already he had been surprised by this girl's kindness four times now, and he had just met her. "I agree! Thank you again... Even if it might be dangerous and would result in me being injured or even killed, I feel like I need to help Kirigakure too. I mean..." A sudden bout of determination would run through the male, his expression twisting away from its earlier awkward grin. "If I can't help my village, what good am I? I'd just be completely worthless then." As she picked up the pace quickly Chigetsu do his best to match her speed and keep up with her, following along at her heel. He greatly appreciated her slowing down for him to keep up with her, as she probably could have left him behind in the dust had she wanted to.

. . .

. . .

Despite Kaniringo Village being nearly on the border of the Land of Water, it had not taken that long to travel there from the Mist Village. On the few maps that Kaniringo Village even appeared it typically listed it as being a three-day travel from the Mist Village. Fuyuko and Chigetsu were able to reach it within the same day, only really taking a few hours to arrive. The poor quality of roads for traveling civilians or merchants probably made the three-day travel time more realistic, but these two were trained ninja. Making it there within the day meant that there wouldn't be any need to camp out for the night. Whether Fuyuko would have been prepared for that was unknown, but Chigetsu absolutely was not physically or mentally prepared for something like that. Internally he would make a note to invest in perhaps a tent or even entire campsite that he could seal in a scroll for convivence, with field rations as well or something along those lines.

Their arrival point would be a moderately large hill that overlooked the village and its surroundings. The village itself would be tiny, only home to perhaps a hundred or so people who made their living tending to the surrounding orchards. The only export of the village was a meager amount of cider of meager quality, and because of that nearly everyone within the village worked either in tending to the orchards or in the production of the cider itself. With the importance that the orchards had to the village, it would be normal for at least a few villagers to be tending to them even now, early in the afternoon. However, it was clearly visible from their vantage point on the hill that there was not even be a single soul patrolling the orchards. The village seemed near deserted, with very few signs of life. This by itself was troubling. While it was a rather small village that didn't have that many people living in it, there should still be signs of activity. Chigetsu would frown as he stared down from the hill towards the village, squinting his eyes a bit in an attempt to see. "It looks completely deserted... I thought they just sent a raven that arrived this morning too. That's really strange. Do you think maybe they set a trap?"  Chigetsu would turn over to Fuyuko, waiting for her direction. She was the superior ninja in this situation after all. Chigetsu would be ready to follow her orders.

[WC: 739/2257]

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
Fuyuko couldn’t help but feel the urge to address Chigetsu’s concerns once more. The boy really had a good heart about the situation and he seemed to really care about the well being of not only the village itself but the country as a whole. It was good to find people that truly cared about the well being of others. During the time she had spend in the village she had found it hard to find people that truly selfishly cared about others. So the words Chigetsu spoke warmed her heart, but despite that she still had to address his reasoning once more. A dead person won’t be able to help again after all. “Chigetsu, listen up.” She said with a serious tone as she prepared herself for what she were to say next.

If you’re dead, what good are you to the village?” She remained silent for a little bit before she would continue on speaking, so that Chigetsu had a little bit of time to process the words. “Your heart truly is in the right place, but there is more than one way you can help the village out. Every single request that’s made to the village has to be handled. That goes from the most difficult missions to the basics of the basics. Every mission requires resources from the village but the village only has so many resources to spend. So the fewer open requests there are for help the better. So if you’re capable of doing a mission solo the village won’t have to spend an entire squad on doing that mission. So while the value of catching cats that have gone missing or helping someone with their groceries might not seem so high, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t impact the village on a deep level.” She paused again briefly looking for the rights words to say. “If you take away a tiny cornerstone of a building, it will probably not collapse. However the structural integrity  will be lower. Meaning that if that is done often enough the building will fall. So doing those small ‘insignificant’ missions matter to the integrity of the system. Even if it doesn’t appear to be that way.” She looked back at Chigetsu and smiled at him again. Hoping he wouldn’t feel down or bad about himself after the lecture she just gave him. “Lets keep going, we got a long way ahead of us.

The pair arrived on top of a hill that overlooked the village. The village was rather small, there were only about 40 buildings. With some of the buildings clearly not meant to live in making Fuyuko estimate the size of the villages populace at a hundred maximum. The place as a whole seemed rather deserted while it wasn’t even that late on the day. Looking at the sun she estimated at least another 3 hours of sunlight before it would start to slowly fade away. It was enough for Fuyuko to determine that there was most likely something going on in the village. She waited patiently to see if Chigetsu would say something himself or if he would remain quiet. Not long after having made her assessment he would speak up to her. “Well, while there is a possibility that they put down a trap. I don’t think there is one. This is because, if like you said they’ve been waiting on aid for that long, I think the bandits will have given up on putting down a trap. Seeing as we have shown up somewhat ‘randomly’. However, something is definitely going on. So we should investigate and proceed with caution from now on. Just follow my lead.

Fuyuko reached for the back of her headband and re-tightened it, making sure it stays in place. She jumped down from the tree they were standing on and moved at walking pace towards the village. Her eyes looking out for any signs of possible danger, however the path to the village would remain silent with not a single sign of the bandits. Fuyuko would boldly walk through the streets into the middle of the town making her presence well known. The bandits would probably be over confident by this point seeing as they haven’t been dealt with for so long. “Is anyone there?” Fuyuko would shout out as she looked around with no one in sight but Chigetsu.

wc 746
twc 1921

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
"If you're dead, what good are you to the village?"

The word stung. Hearing them hurt for some reason that Chigetsu couldn't exactly explain. It was an immediate dull throbbing inside his chest that he didn't quite understand. In the silence that came after he would be able to hear his own heartbeat, the rhythm now heavy in his ears. At first, he had thought she was waiting for him to respond, but there was nothing he could say. Luckily for him, Fuyuko would begin speaking again shortly after, not letting the pause go on for too long. The rest of her lecture would be listened to carefully. He would be sure to pay enough respect to her to do at least that. She seemed to have accurately guessed his dissatisfaction with taking the sort of mundane jobs that D-Rank missions tended to be, but the explanation rang hollow. Whether the intended meaning of her lecture was that he should be satisfied with his status as a 'insignificant' tiny cornerstone or not, it was the message that he received from what she said. Unable to find the proper words to respond, Chigetsu would simply nod his head. He would not say anything more on their journey, focusing on getting to his destination as quickly as possible.

Chigetsu would find himself turning back down to the tiny village once again. It was mostly his own paranoia that assumed a trap, so having her dismiss it put him at relative ease. With all of his experience being from taking D-Ranked missions, Chigetsu found himself suddenly lost in how exactly this situation should be approached. He would take position behind Fuyuko, walking a few steps behind her on their approach to the village. His kunai would be produced quickly from his pouch, held rigid against his palm. Being that bandits were involved the boy felt the need to be prepared should he need to defend himself or to watch Fuyuko's back in the moment. The metal weapon contained a bit of familiarity to it, and that small comfort helped calm his nerves. It would be uncomfortably silent as they approached, pure silence greeting them. Fuyuko's bold march into the village would be followed behind by Chigetsu's much less confident strides.  

"Unimportant." The voice from his kunai would nearly make him jump. The illusionary voice coming from his weapon was something that he could only hear inside his head, but it had seemed so real in the moment, as if it had been shouted out from his side. The boy's tensed stance would be relaxed somewhat as he realized it was just his weapon. His clenched grip around the weapon would loosen, and his gaze would turn down to it for a moment. "Your body betrays your thoughts. Swimming upstream with closed eyes will lead to disaster." The sudden presence of the voice would leave him uncomfortably distracted. It was an annoyance now, even with how much he normally enjoyed listening. "Do you even know how to see? Can someone like you do that on their own? Can-"

His distraction would be interrupted. Something stirred in reaction to Fuyuko's shout, and the sound was enough to catch Chigetsu's attention. It was the slight rustling of wood, quickly identifiable as coming from one of the nearby buildings. The window shutters had been ruffled slightly. Whether this was from somebody inside the building moving them or if it had just been the wind wasn't clear. He was thankful for it, either way, for pulling him away from his kunai's voice. He would speak up suddenly, turning to Fuyuko. "Do you think it's a good idea to investigate? Maybe there are some civilians inside the buildings that could give us some information." The possibility of there being terrorized civilians hiding away inside their houses concerned Chigetsu. The image of a little child, bruised and terrified by having their home invaded and taken over by bandits resonated with Chigetsu in an uncomfortable way.  

He wouldn't have the time to follow through with that plan, whether or not Fuyuko approved of it. Crossing out of an alley between two moderately sized buildings would come a group of men. There were five of them, all of them appearing rather burly and well built. Perhaps muscular wouldn't be the best description, but it was clear from their physique that all of them had made their livings through a dirty job that most likely included manual labor. Their outfits would reflect that further, with a combination of overalls, dirty sweat-stained shirts, worn down boots, and straw hats being donned by the group. The presence of what Chigetsu could clearly see a crude kunai attached to the belts of one of these men, which became the immediate point of focus for the boy. It would only take a few moments for him to notice that all of these men were in possession of one of these poor quality knives, what appeared to be military surplus kunai. One of these five would take position in the center a bit further back from the others. The center man was perhaps a bit shorter than the others, and the difference in height was only made more noticeable by how he stood behind the others. From his position the man would give a smile towards the two ninja.  

"Well look who we have here. Visitors?"

[915/3172]

Fuyuko

Fuyuko

A-rank
Fuyuko noticed that Chigetsu wasn’t so comfortable with following her full stride into the village. He seemed a little bit hesitant, but at the very least he was brave enough to follow her into the village. After shouting out she patiently waited and listened for her surroundings to make sure she wasn’t caught of guard. However it was made slightly more difficult as Chigetsu started talking to her whilst she was trying to catch cues of potential threats. As she was about to reply to him a group of 5 men came walking into her field of view. Their appearance had made it very clear however that they weren’t from here or here for reasons that Kirigakure would approve of. The reply to Chigetsu would have to wait as she gave her full attention to the group of thugs. From their composition Fuyuko was quickly able to determine who was the pact leader. They were standing in the back, most likely afraid of getting hurt themselves and so had other people do it for them. The others probably fail to realize that the leader was most likely just all bark and no bite.

However Fuyuko was unsure how to take care of them. Would she be capable of doing what Nozomi had wanted her to do the last time she was out on a mission, how the village wanted her to be. Or was she still not ready for it yet despite telling herself over and over that she was capable of doing it. Would she be able to take their lives if it came down to it? The words were spoken so easily, like they carried no weight at all. As if they were a feather carried by the slightest breeze. But to actually do the task was so heavy, like one trying to swim to the surface with an anchor tied to their legs. It really was a decision that made Fuyuko feel like she was drowning with no possible escape. The only way she could escape from the dilemma she found herself in was breaking the chain. However how do you break a chain when you can’t put force into your movements. Where could she find the strength to break the chains. She has been rustling the chains for a bit now and they only seem to have taken minimal wear by this point. If she keeps at it at this pace, she would never be able to break the bonds that are holding her down.

She mentally slapped herself across the face to snap her out of her trail of thought. There was a more pressing matter at hand in this moment, capturing the thugs that have been running rampant for far too long. “Yea, we’re just travelers coming through town seeking directions. You don’t happen to know a group of people that need to be taken down right?” “No no, we wouldn’t know anything about that. Maybe you should try looking in the next town over little girl, now move along.” “Oh that’s unfortunate, but while we’re here, this ‘little girl’ might as well take care of you as well. You don’t seem to be from around here or too kind in particular. You’ve had your fun for long enough in this village. It’s time to put an end to this now.” “Now now, little girl. These villagers can’t even protect themselves, so why would you do it for them? They’re weak and they don’t really matter. You got some fight in you, I like that, why don’t you come and join us and live the free life and take what you want. The main village hasn’t send anyone in over a month to help these people, clearly they don’t care about them.

Fuyuko had heard enough by this point. She was already starting to get irritated by being called a little girl over and over again, but she would be able to contain herself through that. However she couldn’t believe the leader would have the audacity to strike her a deal. It was quite laughable to think they could convince her to join their cause. These villagers worked hard to live the way they were living, you shouldn’t take credit for their hard work, you shouldn’t steal all their effort. No you should take inspiration from these villagers and be like them, work hard for your own causes and get to where you want to go through hard work and determination. But what would really broke the restraints on her temper was how he called the villagers unimportant, how in his eyes they didn’t matter. Fuyuko could hold it together long enough to give Chigetsu some instructions before she would dash into the group of bandits. “Take care of any stragglers, I’ve heard enough coming from his foul mouth. I’m putting an end to this right here, right now.” She didn’t look at Chigetsu as she gave her instructions which sounded more like a command. From her voice you could clearly tell she was furious and agitated with her facial expressions probably showing something similar.

With the words spoken to Chigetsu she rushed towards the group that was about 10 meters away. A gap she would be able to close in less than two seconds time. So from the moment she would start running she would also start weaving the following signs Dog, Dragon, Rat, Ram. Three out of the four bandits were somewhat stunned at the rapid pace Fuyuko closed the gap. One of them however would lash out with their degraded kunai, his movements were slow and predictable so it was an easy dodge for Fuyuko. She jumped sideways into the bandit that had lashed out to her to get as central in the group as possible and would follow it up with placing her hands on the ground. Releasing the molded chakra through the floor and sending cracks of lightning through it, halting anyone’s movements that wouldn’t be able to resist it and making them drop anything held in their hands. But Fuyuko wasn’t satisfied by this, oh no, the leader would pay for his actions. With a clear path now to the leader she raised herself and went straight for him, roundhouse kicking him against the side of the building.

The leader was probably out of the fight already as his face smashed first into the wall, but there was nothing restraining her actions. Her moral compass had been switched off and so she grabbed the back of his head and smashed it once more against the wall. It felt satisfying being able to make them pay for what they had done to the villagers. With the leader taken care off, she’d turn to face the other bandits of the group. Most of them would probably just surrender at this point from the sheer difference in power as well as their leader being already down. The one person that really held the group together. If anyone would try to escape she’d quickly run after them and take them down. Immobilize them to the point where crawling wouldn’t even be an option anymore.

When all was set and done she’d turn to Chigetsu one last time “You should tie them up and prepare for the journey back home. I’ll wait on one of the rooftops while you do that so I can start writing the report.” Her voice would be calmer this time then when she issued the ‘order’. Despite that her face would still show some remnants of anger. However her moral compass had been turned on by this point again making her refrain from harming them anymore then they have already been harmed. She jumped onto on of the rooftops and got herself seated. It wasn’t really to write the report, it was to reflect on what had just happened. How she, just like on her last mission, lost control of herself. How she capable of inflicting all that damage with no sense of remorse. How it almost felt exhilarating to cause the bandits that much harm. It scared her quite a bit. She thought she knew herself, but it seems there was a side to her she wasn’t aware off yet.

[Exit Thread]

wc 1408
twc 3329

Jutsu:

3329/1500 - C-rank Mission
1829/1200 - Extra payout
629/575 - Training speed C > C1 (+ 100 Ryo)

Discard 54 words.

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
Chigetsu seized up. The presence of these men set him instantly on edge. Their possession of knives was something he was unable to drag his attention away. With the five of them there all standing before them it was difficult for the boy to split his focus, and because that he would be staring at them all at once. Even in the distance Chigetsu would be able to hear their voices. The idle whispering of another five voices rang inside his ears, fading in and out as conversations started and ended. It was as if a blurry radio was playing, with remnants of voices coming in and out of a mess of static. From his palm came another voice, his kunai rising among the other voices and projecting into his mind. "Seize the day. Take it into your own hands. Reach out to them now, Chigetsu."  Through the whispers it stood out. It took precedence among the others, even though what it was saying wasn't exactly clear. He didn't exactly understand the meaning behind the words, but their intensity compelled him. Through the voices he would attempt to listen to the conversation that seemed to have started between Fuyuko and one of the several thugs who approached. And of course, It was very obvious that these men were thugs. Even Chigetsu could see that very clearly, even as distracted as he was with the voices in his head. The pleasantries that these bandits seemed to be offering Fuyuko were a waste of time, but it wasn't his place to say anything. With his hand held tight he would wait, allowing the conversation to go on until some sort of direction was provided. He wouldn't dare move forward.

What he was waiting for came. "
Take care of any stragglers, I’ve heard enough coming from his foul mouth. I’m putting an end to this right here, right now." The command allowed him to prepare himself, and he would – Fuyuko would already be off. With how long it took him to collect his own thoughts it probably shouldn't have been surprising, but it still shocked Chigetsu how quickly things seemed to be moving. Biting into his lower lip, Chigetsu would prepare to follow after her to provide whatever help he might be able to. Why she had directed him to take care of stragglers and not rush into combat with her became very quickly apparent though. While the sight of Fuyuko being surrounded made Chigetsu worried at first, the jutsu she cast made the situation seem advantageous. Despite running forward just then to assist her he would quickly have to hop back. It would have been very easy to accidentally catch him in that spider web had he followed her more closely. For him to go in and directly combat these bandits or assist he would first have to wait until the electricity dispersed from the ground. Fuyuko's foot would crash into the remaining bandit's face directly after that, sending him with a crash into the side of a building. It seemed as that one hit was enough to just knock the man completely unconscious. The hit was impressive, and in clear view of everyone. With the electric web beginning to dissipate now the remainder of the bandits being freed from it with a few nasty burns. Even though they would be out of the net, they would now be caught in between an armed Chigetsu and a rather angry looking Fuyuko. Their existing wounds and the intimidation from both sides resulted in surrender being their first choice of action. With all of them quickly raising their arms into the air, Chigetsu would move around them to collect the knives from the ground that they had been holding. The group would quickly be immobilized completely after that. Fuyuko seemed ready to tear into them like a wild dog should they resist. With her command, Chigetsu would immediately work to begin tying down the remaining four bandits. For good measure the unconscious man would quickly be hogtied as well. With Chigetsu's lack of rope being a problem in tieing the five men up, he would be forced to instead order the men strip. Their clothing would be cut into pieces and formed into makeshift ropes in order to tie their hands down. For good measure the unconscious leader would have the same done to him. They would be piled together, bunched beside the building that the leader had been kicked against.  

Being able to devote himself to methodically doing as she had told him was satisfying in a sense and took his mind away from where it might have gone otherwise. But now without a set of orders to wipe his thoughts away Chigetsu would fall back into his mind. Now again, his kunai would take this as an opportunity to address him. "Disappointing." As its whispers caught his mind he would turn down to look at it. Fuyuko had left him, leaving up to a rooftop to write a report, and because that it was only the bandits that were with him. Even though he normally wouldn't dare speak to his weaponry around others, these bandits were meaningless. What they thought of him didn't matter at this point. "I didn't understand what you were saying back then, it was-" He would whisper back down to the knife, bringing it up closer to his face as he spoke. "Worthless. What was the point of this? Your presence here had never been anything more than a burden from the beginning." The male would open his mouth, preparing to argue back for a moment before falling into silence. "You were unable to act. All you've done today was expose your own weakness." While he had originally planned to have a conversation with the knife it being so mean with what it said made Chigetsu quickly reconsider. It would be placed back down in his belt pouch and covered up, but this would only muffle what it said. Chigetsu could still hear everything. "What purpose do you have? They were right to not allow you to take this mission on your own." "I could have... I just didn't have a chance to-" He would say again, exasperated now. The boy felt the need to defend himself, even if his heart wasn't entirely with what he was saying. The kunai's response would be sharp and to the point, very fitting for a knife. "You weren't needed. The only possible gain that could come from this would to take this one as an example."  

Chigetsu would hold his breath. When the air began to feel noticeably stale in his lungs, he would release it in a deep exhale. The words his kunai spoke hung inside him. He wasn't prepared to think about the consequences of this mission at the moment. It would be something he would have to sleep on. Bringing his hands up, he would give both of his cheeks a quick slap to hit away his thoughts. He would rush up to the building that Fuyuko had retreated to, ready to leave as soon as she had finished with her report.

[WC: 1213/4382]
[1500 - C-Ranked Mission]
[1200 - Extra Payment] 
[750 - Training - Hozuki Bukijutsu]
[750 - Training - One Half Sea Urchin Tech]
[185 words remaining]
[EXIT]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.