You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meeting of the Monks (The House of Buddha) Empty Meeting of the Monks (The House of Buddha) Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Mission Name: In the house of Buddha?
Mission Rank: EVENT
Objective: Convince the Hitotsume-Nyūdō that you are a highly pious individual in order to get rewards for your holiness.
Reward: 10 Tickets
Mission Description: In a quiet corner of the Namahage festival sits a small temple. Inside is a Hitotsume-Nyūdō or Blue Monk. These giant cyclopean creatures are devout followers of Buddha and thus the particular individual who has set up shop there is attempting to turn those in the festival away from the opulence and debauchery that the rest of the yokai love so much. Those who stumble in need to convince the monk exactly how little they are enjoying the festival , how devout to Buddha they are by reciting mantras and meditation and by donating gifts to the offering box.
Mission Details:  The monk while eager to win converts is no fool. It is much easier to fool him if the character applying does in fact practice some form of Buddhism.  Other than that it is all up the characters acting skills.

'Hitotsume-Nyūdō were interesting beings, seldom did they engage in mirth, but when they did...‘

Hanbei had been working through the trials of the Namahage festival one by one, hoping that by the end of them all he would have sampled almost everything there was to sample in this world before moving on back to the equally mysterious world where he had origionate from. The world of the Namahage however, always had some interesting fellows in them. Having partied with the Nyudo before, he found it odd that there had been a notice put up that read that a group of Hitotsume-Nyūdō had taken up residence in one of the cafe's nearby within the grounds of the Namahage festival, party goers were being asked to stay away from the area as Hanbei inquired as to what was going on. Approaching the warden Hanbei would ask what was going on. The warden would give a quick reply with a sigh, telling him that the monks had some kind of issue and that they had almost been violent to a few guests already, that it was best to stay away entirely. Hanbei thought about this for a short while before deciding to walk past the warden against their supposed better judgement.

"Don't worry, i know these guys, they're not the kind to bring down the mood. Trust me, let me talk to them and I'll see if i can make all of this a little better. " The man let Hanbei pass.

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Moving into the area, Hanbei was stricken when he saw hiding in the middle of a cafe' out of sight from the street a small protest of Hitotsume-Nyūdō that had taken up residence here for the mean time, about 12 of them in all. As Hanbei approached them one of them span around angrily with a hand on a sword only to rest his eye on the boy and sigh sheathing it once again. Looking to them all hanbei would cock his head slightly to one side as he would inquire as to the reason the group of them all seemed so down and angry. One of them, angered by the question would slam a fist through a table, shattering it into little more then splinters at the question itself before regailed a tale on how the time of Namahage used to be proctored by them, keeping to the religious take on the festival itself, it used to be one of honoring the spirits, paying homage to them and being with them at this time of the year. It seemed that it was the opinion of the lot of them, or this one in particular that the event had become little more of a ghost of itself, a stain on their fath, hedonism and debauchery ruled this holy time desacrating the state of it all.

But, at this, Hanbei was a little uncertain.

"But, grand monks, wasn't it just yesterday that the group of us were just a few houses down, laughing on peach wine and regaling one another with stories and enjoying ourselves exactly like the people outside are right now? What changed? He didn't understand." It was then one of the other Hitotsume-Nyūdō chimed in, placing a hand on Hanbei's shoulder and pulling the inquisitive boy in and continuing. He said that, that was yesterday, it was the eve of the truly holy day that was today, that, in general, they didn't mind that the other people were enjoying their-selves, it was just that they had forgotten the honor that was meant to be present today, which, at one point, it had been their duty to keep in place. Though now it seemed they had been rejected by some council and replaced with other proctors... Hanbei thought about this for a while, his face warped in thought as one of them would ask if he understood.

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
But to that question, Hanbei would shake his head giving a negative reply. Some would seem to get a little angry at that, as Hanbei would form a lotus with his hands and bow lightly at the monks before his face would turn into a smile, taking upon himself the position of Amida Buddha as he would speak, hoping to channel what little of his inner wisdom and fox within as he could.
"Well grand monks, I don't know about the other humans here, but I speak for myself when I say that any of us being here is an honor for us all, although it may have changed, it seems that many of you have put a splendid amount of time and effort into caring for each of us and wanting to show all of us a good time in your world. Us laughing together, as one, sharing our love and kindness over a good game. It may not be the Reverie that we are all used to, with offerings of goods and vegetables and gold. But what we bring in offer, is, i think, far more precious. We came with not gold or sacrifice, but with our time and with our joy. We mortals have much joy to give in our time of peace and we wish to share it with you all, so that you all, our ancestors, may know that our world is in balance and harmony is what rules man."

Each of them would look at each other, thinking to themselves before nodding. Seeming to agree that harmony may breed frivolity.

[750/750]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.