You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Empty Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
Mokumokuren

The competitors will be dropped into what appears to be a traditional Japanese-style building, surrounded by sliding paper doors and walls. Going through one set of sliding doors will take you to an identical room, but unbeknownst to the group, at least one set of sliding walls is actually a Mokumokuren. These possessed walls will constantly shift their position within the structure, creating a labyrinth effect intent on keeping the competitors trapped within its walls for all eternity. The only way to identify which wall is a Mokumokuren and likely to trick you into taking a wrong path is to identify which walls have holes in the paper screens, which denote the presence of the yokai. Victory is attained by successfully navigating the labyrinth of living walls.

'The night had been long...‘

Hanbei wasn't used to celebrating achievements, after finally finishing with the mask task of the Oni on the other side of the festival and completing the Onna mask that she was rather proud of, she'd made her way to some of the shops further down in hopes of buying a couple of drinks and shouting some of the monk yokai while she was there. However, it seemed that although the drinks were light, sweet and tasted like candied fruit, the alcahol content of the peach wine was not something that she was ready to deal with as a child. Cradling her head she was sure that she had, had a great time with the wise old men, she could recall them all laughing and taking care of her, each and every one of them saintlike in their appearance, but where Henbei was now, she couldn't tell. Looking around the room it seemed that there were screens all around them... Moving over to one and opening it it seemed that there was then another room filled with similar screens. In the distance she could hear frantic voices not able to get out.

'It was here worry sank in.'

Looking out around him he would begin to move through the screens in an attempt to get closer to the voices, though the more screens he moved through the further some of them began to get, and soon enough as she opened one of the screens she could see the small slightly moist spot where she had woken up from due to the cold sweat she was emitting in her sleep due to the drinking. Thinking for a small while, Hanbei quickly managed to recover, looking back to notice that the way she had come had the doors closed once more, opening all four of them around her, it would seem they had all been closed... something was afoot here. And she could not help but wonder...

"Something's off."

2Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Empty Re: Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:51 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
'Hanbei needed to think‘

She was in a world of Yokai, covered with strange areas, there were a couple that were noted to live in houses, the first that came to mind was that he was within the illusion of a fox or tenuki, taking a pin and pricking the wall, it seemed that the latter of those wasn't true as the world around him failed to shake and the wall didn't bleed from the Tenuki's skin. While a fox could be conjuring the illusion, it would only be to the senses, and the fox would no doubt get tired of the illusion soon. Though, even in a fox's illusion there tended to be some point or lesson to be gained in everything, this seemed to be more of a malicious game. Which ticked Hanbei to thinking there was a Tsukumogami involved. It was then that she managed to see the tears in the old walls. Leaning close and inspecting the paper, the many slits for the eyes could be seen as Hanbei knew exactly where she was now... and it seemed that there were a 'lot' of them in here.

Like with many of these noble tricksters, the handle was to give them a deal where you all got what you wanted.

"Ahh, Mokumokuren, I haven't seen you lot in a while, well, how about we make a deal here and now, I know that you all are looking to move on, I do not have the materials on me now, but, how about the lot of you allow me to leave and show me the way out, and when I return, I will bring with me paper, wood and hands to mend you all, that way, we all get what we want... I know im a stranger and it may be hard to take my word, but, if you you'd trust me, I would be happy to leave something precious of mine here to prove that I'm sincere, something i would have to return for." And with that, she would draw something that few had ever seen, a bracelet of woven rainbow silk that tied some of her long hair. "This belonged to my mother, you'd be able to feel the ward from it, it was made by someone who meant dearly to me, its protected me here. So, I'll leave this in this room for you all to protect, and when i come back, you can return it to me.... "

3Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Empty Re: Final Trial (Mokumokuren) Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 am

Hanbei~

Hanbei~

D-rank
It was a simple deal, and it seemed to work, several doors opened forming a path that led out of the estate to cheering people as it seemed that Hanbei had won the final trial, given tickets and hurried along he was informed that he was able to enter some kind of grand championship at the end of it all... it was just like nozomi had said! though all that was on the ninjas' mind was getting back what was hers. Going downtown and visiting the old monks that she had drunken with, she asked each of them all a favor for the drinks she had bought them last night. Not wanting to turn down a debt they all returned with the repair materials in hand. And over the next hour they replaced the holes in the paper screens as one by one the eyes disappeared. In the end, in a single room in the very center, the bracelet lay. They had returned what was hers, and Hanbei had kept her promise to the mokumokuren...

everyone won that day...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.