You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
As attention was drawn to the glass eye, an artifact which had replaced her sense after her eye had been irreparably cut from its socket by Mizuru during the Seven Bells war. She remembered the hellion well, the queen of blades and the monster she had become. Ayakashi had fought her like a demon, thrashing her and her soldiers when she made her triumphant return. 'the ghost' as she had called her that day, Ayakashi could remember the flicker of fear which crossed her eyes and oh how she fed on that fear. The eye of the Demon Ice Witch which then replaced her natural eye, was another creation of both herself and her mothers, combining her mother's skill as a smith and her own chakra reserves as a ninja. What resulted was an artifact so potent that it single handedly revolutionized the way she fought. Relying more on long maintained abilities as the eye allowed them to be used so easily... Picking up her eye-patch, she wrapped it around her head under her hair before locking it tight. The last flicker of the sapphire flame licked away. Now that the eye was sealed shut, the fire burned inwards, giving her a light boost to her chakra as it continued to return to her.

[All the while the Mizukage and her companion listened to the response of Tsuyo Hyuga.]

"Impressive that you were capable of that from what little information was provided. I doubt anyone else is capable of doing so. Perhaps you yourself will one day be in those histories as just the same kind of power as our ancient heroes. A pity though that it is something it took a Sage to learn. It sounds greedy and I admit it is but I wish I could obtain the technique myself. However I specialize in Taijutsu, Medical ninjutsu and have picked up Genjutsu. Members of the Hyuga clan are incapable or so it would seem of expanding our abilities further than three specializations. That aside I have never seen anyone perfect a fourth specialization. I am envious of you truly. As for your words to my past they are kind. However before your troops make it here to investigate I will inform you of something else. Something it is only fair that you be aware of. I intend to retire from Tsuchikage. It isn't right I hold it when I am not a member of that village. I trust Nanashi the most as he is my sannin but he has never had the drive to be Tsuchikage. He would refuse it if offered so I have intentions to give it to my student Karumo Sekuro. I will be summoning him to the village before your plans to handle Sanosuke come to fruition.

I will accompany you on any plan of action you intend to take of course but it will be up to Karumo to choose what Iwagakure does to help beyond myself. I intend to reveal myself to him and trust him with that information as I love all my students. However the truth will remain hidden until after this business with the Raikage is finished. Once it is though I will reveal myself to the world and ask Konoha and Iwa for a pardon based on my deeds. I wish to make a deal with you before I do. Here and now I will place my Byakugan within you if you wish it and grant you that power. In return I wish to live here by this lake and safely away from your citizens. To build a home here and retire. I know this risks your treaties however there is a way to appease both countries. Simply state their missing nin is their responsibility. If they wish to hunt me allow them access to the village with whatever troops they wish to send so long as it is not large enough to be considered an invading force. They won't dare send anyone in only a normal four man squad after me and if they do I can handle it. I ask a lot of you but in truth I offer you my services and my power as well. I hope it is a fair deal."

Tsuyo seemed to have everything already figured out, though, setting his affairs in order before they went to Kumogakure potentially put a flaw in the Mizukage's plans, she didn't want to go to Kumogakure alone, and when she had seen that the Tsuchikage had offered to help resolve everything she had assumed that he would be bringing military support like she had intended to bring. He alone was a devastating warrior, but it meant that they were now at a greater risk at being surrounded or overwhelmed by their own villages ninja. Which was an eventuality Ayakashi was hoping to avoid if she could at at all help herself. This upset meant that she would have to bring either more of her own men, or beseech this new Tsuchikage for aid. She was sure that he would honor the deal she had made with Tsuyo, if indeed the two of them were that close to one another. The Mizukage rose her hand to stroke the underneath of her chin, humming to herself as she began to think about her next course of action.

Then she realized what he was offering her, the power of the Byakkugan at her fingertips would be something that could turn the tides of the most egregious battles. The Mizukage was shocked at the idea, but, when it was obvious what he was hoping to get in return, she began to understand. To have a missing ninja within the heart of their country, within the badlands beyond the borders of the city and within the deeper parts of the forest, it was something that they could likely arrange. Allowing other ninja to come into the country with the hope of challenging the powerful Hyuga in hopes of attaining whatever prize would await them from any of their respective countries. Ayakashi could think of better options to support his retirement, in the land of kiri he would more than likely stand trial and find himself exempt of all charges due to the good he had done for his country and the ninja world. He would not be considered a missing ninja any longer due to simple double jeopardy laws.

[Which seemed fair.]

"In respect of you're position, of course I accept your offer, but there is no need to hold your status as a missing ninja while in the borders of this country. Anyone with a just mind could see that you have more than redeemed yourself in the eyes of the law, it would take the mental acrobatics of a fiend to attempt to convict you otherwise. Iwakagure has done a lot for this nation under you, provided emergency provisions and labor, you yourself took part in some of our darkest hours which no ninja or citizen of this country has ever truly forgotten. Many men women and children here owe you their lives. So, I propose I would bring you before the people, formally, have you openly state your case to the people, and allow them to find you exempt of your crimes, rather than leave them hanging. You would not be hunted by any but those mad enough to throw their lives away so carelessly for nothing. And, I doubt that any other nations would see it any differently, so it is of no risk to me, or you... The nation of Suna has had no active leadership for an age, we're about to revolutionize the nation of Kumogakure under under our guidance, and Konohagakure is a close ally of both of ours... I think things will work out that way, if you trust me."

Ayakashi reasoned. She could not get over the fact that he had just offered her one of his powerful eyes. The Byakkugan was legendary in of itself, and with it at her disposal, the Mizukage could barely begin to fathom the power that she would be able to wield at her fingertips. But that kind of power was something that often came at a price, she was not native to the eye, so, there would be some time in getting used to it...

"Tsuyo Hyuga, I humbly accept your offer of the Byakkugan, after its transferal, the two of us may plan our assault, and I can plan on addressing my people. "

[1443 + 13736 = 15179 words]

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
"In respect of you're position, of course I accept your offer, but there is no need to hold your status as a missing ninja while in the borders of this country. Anyone with a just mind could see that you have more than redeemed yourself in the eyes of the law, it would take the mental acrobatics of a fiend to attempt to convict you otherwise. Iwakagure has done a lot for this nation under you, provided emergency provisions and labor, you yourself took part in some of our darkest hours which no ninja or citizen of this country has ever truly forgotten. Many men women and children here owe you their lives. So, I propose I would bring you before the people, formally, have you openly state your case to the people, and allow them to find you exempt of your crimes, rather than leave them hanging. You would not be hunted by any but those mad enough to throw their lives away so carelessly for nothing. And, I doubt that any other nations would see it any differently, so it is of no risk to me, or you... The nation of Suna has had no active leadership for an age, we're about to revolutionize the nation of Kumogakure under under our guidance, and Konohagakure is a close ally of both of ours... I think things will work out that way, if you trust me."

Akira would slowly rise his hand to stroke his beard as he contemplated those words. He hadn't considered just offering himself up to a trial weighted heavily in his favor. He had always found politics like that to be corrupt as politicians had been the source of his being chased from his home and family. Him offering the Byakugan may be viewed as a bribe but it was true that he had done a lot of good in his time. Even if Ayakashi removed herself from the court hearings to avoid suspicion of Akira influencing things to his favor it was a fairly positive gamble that he would be fine. That aside if Ayakashi wasn't interested in stopping him they would be basically back to his plan if he was ruled as guilty. Without Ayakashi or her best trying to stop him he could just leave the court room and find a beach somewhere. Truth be told he was rather interested in the concept of something that could only benifit him. If Kiri ruled him innocent he would be simply retired with little chance of being hunted anymore. Perhaps he would sleep soundly for once. Years of Shinobi training may prevent that but at least he would finally be able to try. Or sleep with someone without checking for hidden blades. At that thought his gaze idly drifted over Ayakashi as he considered how fun that would be. He wasn't a huge fan of being tossed around in bed but it could be a welcome change of pace. Still he listened again as she continued to speak.

"Tsuyo Hyuga, I humbly accept your offer of the Byakkugan, after its transferal, the two of us may plan our assault, and I can plan on addressing my people. "

She would need a minute to get used to it but having it as an ace in her sleeve couldn't hurt. That much he was sure of. He was also interested in seeing how much a mastered Byakugan could do for a sage. In reality giving it to Ayakashi was more than just a bribe. It was an experiment for him. Something he wished to see come to fruition in its entire glory. Sage mode and byakugan with that chakra eye of hers. She would be even more powerful than she already was. It would be convinient he was sure for her to be able to see an attack through any obstacle in any direction and actually see the chakra systems. She might need it if what came next came to battle. His own powers were going to need a boost too but he was sure after this fight he would grow. After all in the stories after every epic battle a hero survived they grew exponentially in power. This was his trial by ice and he would grow from it. Still he would rise to his feet and brush his pants off as the breeze picked up stirring what wasn't frozen on the tree's and the water shifted against the new beach behind him. A lake with an abrupt drop off at the edge. He might need to create a bit more of a beach there if he wanted to relax on a boat. Something to slide into the lake instead of just falling in. Still he spoke up in return.

"A trial seems to be a fine idea. Truthfully I am a little envious I hadn't thought of it. If you think it is best I will follow your lead after the current conflict is dealt with. Assuming you and I both survive it. I am an excellent medic but still be cautious during any battles. I can not bring back the dead. I suggest speaking with Karumo Sekuro before you finalize your preperations though. He will be taking over now that I am stepping down and he is your best bet at getting full military support from Iwa. It is also best the trial waits until afterwards in the off chance that Iwa or Konoha disagree with the outcome. I assume you wish for their full support in this matter. Afterwards though if I am found guilty I hope you don't expect me to kneel down for a beheading. I will escape and no one other than you would be capable of stopping that. I hope with that in mind so long as I give my word not to kill anyone in the situation I need to escape you remember all I have done and give me a head start."

He would pause and wait for her response knowing that was a great deal to ask of her. He was telling the most powerful person in the world to get out of his way if he needed to flee. Much as he doubted he could get away if she didn't wish to let him he also doubted she would engage him with civilians nearby at the same level as she had just demonstrated. All three of those jutsu were too dangerous to use with anyone nearby. collateral damage would be immense and while he didn't wish to use innocents to his benifit they were in fact to his benifit. He couldn't deny that even if it made him evil. He wished he could be a crusader for justice like her but if anything his was a simple front. An armor shining on the outside but rusted within. He was a simple criminal who wanted to be a king and he had grown to realize his pride and wrath were far greater than any of his merits and he needed to change. Still he would change the topic regardless of her response assuming she didn't draw a blade on him then and there as it would wait until later anyway. His silk like voice carrying to her as he smiled.

"That aside we both should wash up and find a sanitary medical office to preform the surgery within. I can fully implant the eye to you today without any lasting discomfort but to prevent infection sanitation is important. Surely you have some place we can use? If we could simply move to..."

He would pause mid sentence as suddenly he felt power surge through the area. He breathed in and felt outwards as he detected over a dozen different signatures approaching. He could feel them and in his current state they felt like a wave crashing over a child. Ayakashi was still gathering power but even her current levels were less than any of their individual levels. His eyes picked them out as they ran in. Thirty jounin in total all in ANBU gear and gathering chakra. Even if he was at his best he would of had difficulty with this. Her nation was certainly potent. Still he watched them form tactical ranks in a pincher move cutting off his escape with 5 to his left, right, front and back all armed with water swords or whips which were obviously designed to prevent his escape and both in front and behind him two parties of five had combined their suiton chakra to form huge cannons of some sort prepared to fire a giant water bullet at him. He rather suddenly wished he had his defenses ready again but for now he would raise his hands up in surrender. Watching those huge chakra creations pointed at him with concern. They would wipe him out entirely with one shot from either of those if he so much as moved wrong towards their Kage and he knew it.

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
The wind blew a solitary tune through what little remained of the orchard they had fought in, leaves which cascaded to the ground and whipped around their swords and techniques were beginning to litter the lake which had crept half-way up the crater. Colouring the mudded water in all of the colours of fall as it continued to rise. Soon enough Aya knew that those waters would clear, dirt always settled in calm water, soon it, like the ninja world, would be at peace. It was a hard thing to grasp, the concept of peace, true peace, was something which had fallen to the way side some time ago in the minds of her people, and for her as well. There were a few countries however which may not understand or believe in her view of peace. A view that said that once you were strong enough to never need to look over your shoulder, you no longer cared to point the finger of blame or accusation to another. Once one has everything... there is no need for more.

But like that soil, the world would settle... and she would be the water which allowed it.

"A trial seems to be a fine idea. Truthfully I am a little envious I hadn't thought of it. If you think it is best I will follow your lead after the current conflict is dealt with. Assuming you and I both survive it. I am an excellent medic but still be cautious during any battles. I can not bring back the dead. I suggest speaking with Karumo Sekuro before you finalize your preparations though. He will be taking over now that I am stepping down and he is your best bet at getting full military support from Iwa. It is also best the trial waits until afterwards in the off chance that Iwa or Konoha disagree with the outcome. I assume you wish for their full support in this matter. Afterwards though if I am found guilty I hope you don't expect me to kneel down for a beheading. I will escape and no one other than you would be capable of stopping that. I hope with that in mind so long as I give my word not to kill anyone in the situation I need to escape you remember all I have done and give me a head start."

The Mizukage smiled, listening to the input, she was more than certain that with little more than her opening as she would present him to the people, they would immediately absolve him of his crimes. Ayakashi undertood the betrayal that other nations felt when a ninja left their ranks, some while ago she had considered it a massive injustice, a crude method of senteancing from brutal Kage who could not possibly have an empathetic bone within their old withered bodies... But, time and experience had shaped Aya into one of those Kage, she herself had given the order on multiple accounts for those leaving the country, to be hunted down and detained, leading to their death. Death was never the order from those Kage, death was the result of resistance... These ninja, with little crime other than falling in love, or victims of circumstance, were not criminals, yet they died. Their positions too valuable, their knowledge to sacred, but now... This was the land of no prisoners after all, the transformation had irreperably changed how sentencing worked in the land, so now, the kill squads were no longer sent over star crossed lovers, or victims of chance. Honestly spoken, there was no cell that was able to contain Tsuyo Hyuga should they want to, did that make him to dangerous to be among them?

Aya Didn't think so, but she thought she would smile and throw a joke.

"I'll give you 20 seconds."

She laughed audibly, the vibrant sound filled her throat before escaping her mouth freely.

"But in all seriousness Tsuyo, I do believe it the best of our options, I know the hearts of my people, and they are just. I will trust you at your word that you will not harm a hair on the head of my citizenry on your escape should they turn to a mob. You're not my enemy, nor do i ever think you would want to be... as we've seen how that would turn out today, haven't we? Though, I am sure that on some deep level this encounter is going to drive you to new strengths, you don't seem the type to take a loss lying down. In which case, I look forward to seeing to that rematch."

His next sentence was quick spoken, a measure to leave more than anything, and Ayakashi simply nodded in agreement, picking herself off of the ground and dusting off her shroud before looking over her shoulder. She could sense them a mile away, seeing the subtle flick of shadows through the trees as her Hunter ninja came into view, each of them were devastating warriors, that was for sure, but, few of them would be a match for either of them. Ayakashi was honestly relieved to see it was them, and not another, darker foe... But to the west, she could not help but catch a glimmer of red and the sheen of steel fade away into nothingness, a threat, something along the lines of 'you got lucky... we're always watching.' A flash of fear and realization crossed Ayakashi's face, as her composure for a split second shattered like a crystal vase. She was sure Tsuyo would pick up on it, but, this was one of the few things she would likely not allow the former Kage of another nation in on... such would cause him and her more problems that they could have shaken a stick at. Suffice to say, that the arrival of the Hunter Ninja had allowed the two of them to dodge a far grander bullet than Aya would have liked to admit.

One of the Hunter ninja jumped down before Aya as well as the Tsuchikage, looking to the two of them and falling to one knee. Speaking clearly, but with a voice that was of no discernible affliction or individuality, he would report that the ANBU and the Jounin reported a disturbance in the area, wild chakra like they had not felt before rampaging across the sector. Following to ask the Mizukage if she were okay, seeing her open wound on her chest as well as the state of the countries' honoured guests. Aya smiled placing a hand on the Hunter Ninja's arm, smiling to the woman as she moved past them.

"Good work soldier, a response time to be proud of for sure, however, I'd ask you all stand down, the Tsuchikage and I are not at odds, nor was there any grand opponent against us, the two of us were just cutting lose, testing out strengths against one another. I'm sorry we didn't inform you, neither of us wanted an audience. You understand right Commander?"

She spoke to the Jounin who almost shouted an affirmative response before awaiting Ayakashi's dismissal which she delivered with a second apology. Though not before asking the Ninja to report back to the Administration office, she needed an urgent message sent to the twins to prepare for an official announcement immediately, as well as to send additional word to the nations of Iwagakure and Konohagakure to send emissaries as soon as they are able. From iwa, A Karumo Sekuro specifically, if you please. The jounin nodded, with a small amount of surprise, being asked to run an errand was not something the Hunter Ninja often did for the Mizukage, but, fiercely loyal, Ayakashi reinforced the urgent importance of the message, satiating his ego for the time being. The Mizukage looked back to the man, soon to transform himself into little more than a missing ninja of the highest and most dangerous caliber, motioned for him to follow her, bolting into the forest back toward the village, reigning in her power once again, allowing her movements to not so much as disturb, yet alone devastate the landscape like before.

As she ran and Tsuyo caught up, she would speak.

"We have all the facilities we could possibly need back at my family home, Strafe, my cousin, is a medical ninja of your caliber if I had to compare the two of you, you two are likely the two greatest medical minds in the ninja world if the rumors are anything to stand up to. You and that scion of the Guanyin clan. There are stories about the three of you, you know that right? People think you all trained in medicine together under the head of some grand sage or teacher. Even I started believing them while fighting you, I wonder, have you ever met my cousin, or the other medical ninja I speak of?"

She said with a broad smile, hoping that the romance of the local myth had but a grain of truth to the tale. After some running they would arrive at the abode of their family, stopping at the door, Aya would push by and address herself as home openly, hearing a call back from what appeared to be a forge attached to the building an older more mature femanine voice called out from the distance. Tools and weapons of the finest craft littered the humble kitchen that they would walk into before pushing past. An elderly but well built woman would walk in, soot covered and looking quite the dignified mess. A woman nearing her sixties would smile, asking for the identity of the man who had entered the house.

"Mum, this is Tsuyo, the Tsuchikage, Tsuyo, this is my mother, most of the weapons on my person safe for the obvious, she made, as great as I am a ninja, she is equal the weapons smith, so, should you ever need anything of the finest quality, she's you're woman. Though, the fee is rather high." Aya spoke with a wink "we're going to use Strafe's studio for something, Then I'd like you to come to town for a moment, I've got something big and important to share with everyone. ok?" Her mother smiled and agreed, offering the two of them an assortment of tea and delectable treats from storage. Taking a scone, Aya chewed happily moving from one small manor to another, until finally heading upstairs to a private medical room, utensils sanitized and in their place like any other surgery. Taking a seat, The Mizukage, eye patch still on, awaited Akira.

[16901 words]

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
"I'll give you 20 seconds."

She laughed of course but to him that sounded generous. She had to know giving him a twenty second head start meant no one was catching him before he cleared a border. In twenty seconds he would be out of the village and bursting out of the gate. He had just proven he was as fast as the strongest woman on earth which meant even she couldn't catch up to him with that much time given. She had to realize that and perhaps that was the joke. Or perhaps she was so confident in being able to take him down even with a head start that she was sure enough to try it. Still he watched her as he contemplated her words. Even in that situation and surrounded would twenty seconds be enough? Doubting himself was such a new concept to him now that he was paranoid on the idea that she may of held back in their fight. If so she hadn't taken him as seriously as he had her and that blow to her side was just ego breaking through. A part of him felt that meant he would never be on her level. The entirety of the rest of him demanded he not allow that to be the case though.

"But in all seriousness Tsuyo, I do believe it the best of our options, I know the hearts of my people, and they are just. I will trust you at your word that you will not harm a hair on the head of my citizenry on your escape should they turn to a mob. You're not my enemy, nor do i ever think you would want to be... as we've seen how that would turn out today, haven't we? Though, I am sure that on some deep level this encounter is going to drive you to new strengths, you don't seem the type to take a loss lying down. In which case, I look forward to seeing to that rematch."

Oh well she was right on several points there. For one she had argued her points well enough for him to agree that was the best option available to them. If his side could be argued for him then a just people as she called them would release him of the burden of all the hatred and pain that followed his real name. He could be the villain if he had to be but he didn't care to remain as such. He wasn't homicidal unless pressed and inflicting pain on good people out of their league hunting him wasn't at the top of his list of things to do. However if it did come about that he was to be made the antagonist of someones story he wasn't about to take it sitting down. If he was pressed into a fight they would learn what a master of taijutsu and medical could do. The fist of the Titans would teach them that with experience and talent the world could bow. However his final agreement was to her noting that he wasn't one to take a defeat sitting down. He had seen her power and now knew it could be achieved. He could now see over a new crest and he wouldn't stop until he topped it. His drive to be the man with the fist above all others was intense. Ayakashi had dominated the fight with him this time even if he had managed to draw some blood. However he would train and when he returned there would be a new level to him. When that rematch came he would be prepared for it. Still his eyes shifted to the commander of the unit holding him at jutsu point and he listened as she addressed him. Remaining quiet for now until he was well out of danger. However something beyond her soldiers made a brief flash of fear fill those eyes. Something odd to him and something he knew he should be concerned about. If there was something that could worry even her...he needed to train. He needed to be power itself.

"Good work soldier, a response time to be proud of for sure, however, I'd ask you all stand down, the Tsuchikage and I are not at odds, nor was there any grand opponent against us, the two of us were just cutting lose, testing out strengths against one another. I'm sorry we didn't inform you, neither of us wanted an audience. You understand right Commander?"

She spoke with the commander a bit longer with more instructions allowing Akira to relax as the unit stood down. Still he loosened his tie a little and moved to fetch his twin daggers before sheathing them. They hadn't ever connected but they were useful he supposed. He wasn't good with weapons but against a bukijutsu specialist having your own blades could save you a cut or two. In a way they were more shields than weapons for him. Still the edge was perfected enough that each of them could tear through flesh and bone like jello and he was yet to draw blood with them. Still as he clasped the buckles closed he noticed her motioning to him so he shifted and moved after her. They were fast but not like before. Moving in such a way that nothing was really disturbed by their passing. A gentle step if you had to give it a name. Still as he caught up she would speak to him again. This time without an audience.

"We have all the facilities we could possibly need back at my family home, Strafe, my cousin, is a medical ninja of your caliber if I had to compare the two of you, you two are likely the two greatest medical minds in the ninja world if the rumors are anything to stand up to. You and that scion of the Guanyin clan. There are stories about the three of you, you know that right? People think you all trained in medicine together under the head of some grand sage or teacher. Even I started believing them while fighting you, I wonder, have you ever met my cousin, or the other medical ninja I speak of?"

Nanashi must of been who she spoke of. Another med nin stood on par with them named Amaya Uchiha but he had heard rumors she was less of a healer and more of an assassin. It made sense that those with medical chakra abilities could use them to be better at killing but their true power was healing. Still it was interesting that a family member of hers was on par with Akira. He would have to study some more and become even more skilled. Not to mention meeting this cousin and sharing notes. Still the mention of training under a sage made him chuckle a little before he spoke. His voice not struggling anymore but instead it appeared he had regained a lot of his vitality. Even his chakra had finally begun to stir and refill on its own since he couldn't draw more in.

"As interesting as it would be I learned medical techniques on my own in a library and my chakra control as a prodigy in the hyuga clan only brought me to higher heights. Talent and a keen mind with the will to do more can bring any shinobi to these heights. As for meeting them, Nanashi has done work on me before that I could not of done at the time. His ability to regenerate limbs from complete destruction is amazing. I look forward to meeting this cousin of yours if he is much the same."

Still they would arrive at a fairly humble home by his standards and move inside. Aya would announce herself as Akira got this odd feeling of being the new friend from school. His eyes picked up on the tools of the blacksmith trade as he paused after entering. Following Ayakashi's example regarding shoes and coats as well as gear as her mother came in. An older lady but hard at work still. The smell of the smith hitting him like freshly heated metal under his nostrils. Still he would bow formally as Ayakashi would introduce them. "Mum, this is Tsuyo, the Tsuchikage, Tsuyo, this is my mother, most of the weapons on my person safe for the obvious, she made, as great as I am a ninja, she is equal the weapons smith, so, should you ever need anything of the finest quality, she's you're woman. Though, the fee is rather high.we're going to use Strafe's studio for something, Then I'd like you to come to town for a moment, I've got something big and important to share with everyone. ok?"

Akira would glance at Ayakashi with a raised eyebrow as his true name was used so freely. Perhaps she wasn't prepared to keep things from her mother which made him wonder who else would know before his trial was ever scheduled. If the information got to Kumo before them they would be in considerable trouble politically which could sway the way the battle went. Being helped by a missing nin could truly damage the moral of an army. Still he would follow Ayakashi passed her mother as he excused himself politely upstairs. He wouldn't take a snack or drink before surgery because none of it should affect his work. No sugar rush or need to pee. Nothing could interrupt. Still as Ayakashi took a seat he studied the room before finding something they would need. He picked through a glass case with cold air before pulling out a small container full of clear liquid. Showing it to her he would reveal it was named Ketamine. After which he would begin to fill two syringes by piercing the lid with the tips. One fuller than the other.

"This is a General anesthetic commonly used in surgery. I am giving you a larger dose than is usual for your weight but still well under fatal. This is due to your bodies natural increased abilities. A gorrilla couldn't wrestle you down. My own will be less because I need to remain focused entirely after removing my own eye. It is supposed to be just enough to relax the nerves around the eye and paralyze it so I can remove it safely. I will be doing the same thing with yours. Once I inject you with this you will feel drowsy but awake and should be able to breath and even speak normally. I need you to tell me if you still feel too much pain or have troubles breathing. Do you understand? If so we are ready to begin."

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
"This is a General anesthetic commonly used in surgery. I am giving you a larger dose than is usual for your weight but still well under fatal. This is due to your bodies natural increased abilities. A gorrilla couldn't wrestle you down. My own will be less because I need to remain focused entirely after removing my own eye. It is supposed to be just enough to relax the nerves around the eye and paralyze it so I can remove it safely. I will be doing the same thing with yours. Once I inject you with this you will feel drowsy but awake and should be able to breath and even speak normally. I need you to tell me if you still feel too much pain or have troubles breathing. Do you understand? If so we are ready to begin."

Ayakashi didn't quite know what to expect here, her brother was the medic, not her, so she barely knew the implication of what was happening, she knew that an anasthetic was a numbing agent of some-kind due to medical procedures that she had been a part of in the past, though she had always requested not to be put under them. But, in this one case, Ayakashi had one of her eyes cut in half while she was in battle, and though at the time she coult barely feel the sting of the wound, afterwards she was in a considerable amount of pain. So, she thought that this time it might just be a good idea to go with the recommendation on this one. She opened her mouth to speak once before she remembered the figure in red which had left the battle-field where they had fought... There were people who were looking for her weakest moments in order to strike, Ayakashi could not be allowed to fall unconscious and become vulnerable in a way that an opponent would be able to strike her down.

"Though you say it won't put me under, can you be sure? I'm already tired from our fight, I think anything that relaxed me right now would put me straight to sleep, and... as much as I don't want to admit it... I can't stand the feeling of being vulnerable. Nothing against you, certainly not, but as a Kage and leader of my country, I can't help but be aware of the opportunity this would give any usurper who might be watching... I have a technique that may help, but I would need to at the least be mentally alert. Is there a drug that you could use to numb my body into paralysis, but not my mind? Simply for my own peace of mind."

They were some of the last words that Ayakashi would hear for a while she listened and ultimately awaited the General Anesthetic which Tsuyo would give her... while it would make her somewhat drowsy, she knew that with her enhanced body and senses the likes of normal local anesthetics which Doctors used for these kinds of surgeries were simply not strong enough to deal with a body like her own. Still, as the mono filament needle penetrated her bark like skin, Ayakashi leaned back and relaxed, looking up at the Doctor and nodding with little more than a deep breath as she began to feel the foreign fluid begin to enter her body. This was the most vulnerable that Ayakashi had ever allowed herself to become to another person, and, so long as she stayed conscious, and her mind stayed sharp, she would be ready and waiting to re-take control of her body and move against an assailant. Ayakashi had more than good reason to stay on guard in this country, assassins of the Daimyo were around every corner, and they had already made themselves known once today.

their ability to do so again, shouldn't be underestimated.

Something that she hadn't taken into account however, was the simple fact that she had just been in a fight with the tsuchikage, while it was not the most difficult fight of her career, it was one that had still proven to physically drain and even wound her. Ayakashi focused and while the drugs began to set in and flowed her chakra through her body. She could feel her chakra coating her muscles and tendonds, layering them as she assumed control with her mind and through her expert meditation, Ayakashi had the ability to control her body through her chakra alone, it was a technique that she had developed so that she would be able to fight an opponent through death, forcing the person to inevitably kill her to need to destroy her body simply in order to end her, but... Here, it would simply be a means of eliminating a weakness that she had found herself in. The focus on her chakra control also helped to keep her mind focused on something specific, tearing it away from the idea that she was about to lose her only other eye. Bit by bit the Mizukage was losing parts of herself.

Neither of her eyes would be her own anymore, she was truly becoming a product of those she had met, and loved.

Then it struck her... Tsuyo...

"Tsuyo, you'd be without an eye after you give me mine... the one you remove from me, if you can, take it for yourself, I'm an expert in accommodating for the loss of mine, but the depth perception going missing took me about six months to get used to, even i could barely hit the inner ring of a target with an arrow at a hundred yards. I wouldn't want you to go through that..."

[16901+978= 17879 words]

Last edited by Ayakashi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
"Though you say it won't put me under, can you be sure? I'm already tired from our fight, I think anything that relaxed me right now would put me straight to sleep, and... as much as I don't want to admit it... I can't stand the feeling of being vulnerable. Nothing against you, certainly not, but as a Kage and leader of my country, I can't help but be aware of the opportunity this would give any usurper who might be watching... I have a technique that may help, but I would need to at the least be mentally alert. Is there a drug that you could use to numb my body into paralysis, but not my mind? Simply for my own peace of mind."

Akira would frown at the concept a little. The idea of someone being aware of having surgery done to their eye was not unheard of. The eye usually had to be open for repairs to be done to it as it had a tendency to roll back when one was unconcious. However one could easily consider it malpractice to remove the eye of someone who was entirely aware of it being done. It would be a harrowing and torturous experience likely to leave even the most might sick to the point of vomiting even without the pain. He himself had been driven to shock the last time his eyes had been torn from his skull. He was unsure of it for the moment but he already knew how to go about the request. For the moment he would nod before setting the current syringe down and heading back to the cabinet. He would gaze within as he crossed his arms and tapped at his elbow impatiently while looking for a Local anesthesia. The layout was just so different from his own surgical rooms. No, that wasn't accurate anymore either. He wouldn't be able to call those his own anymore. His known assets would likely be seized soon. Though most of his wealth rested in his unknown. The Aoi Bara was a fine place to keep his riches.

Finally his eyes rested on one commonly used to numb nerves for smaller surgeries. Next to it a cold spray used to numb the area, usually because it was tender, before puncturing the nerves or around the nerves with a tiny blade. He would collect both before returning to the table where she was laying and setting them down before going to wash his own hands again. Carefully scrubbing every bit to make sure not a spec of dust was on him before he would slip on a pair of medical gloves and move back over. Studying Ayakashi as she spoke once more and removing another syringe from the package. Using it to fill it with the Local Anesthetic before setting it to the side. He would then collect a padded head clamp and an eye clamp before moving over with the two items smelling of sanitizer already. Whoever this strafe was he kept a clean place. Akira would be sure to leave it as he had found it. Still as he finished preperations Ayakashi spoke up once more. This time making him smile.

"Tsuyo, you'd be without an eye after you give me mine... the one you remove from me, if you can, take it for yourself, I'm an expert in accommodating for the loss of mine, but the depth perception going missing took me about six months to get used to, even i could barely hit the inner ring of a target with an arrow at a hundred yards. I wouldn't want you to go through that..."

Ahh how little anyone knew of his own misfortunes in a moment of weakness at one time. With his blindness and becoming accustomed to anothers eyes. Truth was his original eyes had been wiped out to little more then tiny chunks of ground meat spread somewhere in Kiri and long since faded. His foolish mistake with rushing in and not checking his surroundings had been an important lesson. Teaching him the importance of caution and surveying an area and an enemy even with power on his side. Ukiyo had taken from him his eyes and it had cost her a heart beat. Her instant focus on him had been enough for his comrade to swing his mighty wind sword and claim from her the very life she breathed and took from Akira his eyes and two of his limps. Pain and blindness had been his life. Having two eyes was certainly preferable. Still he would move above her and set the padded head clamp on either side of her head before speaking up.

"That is very kind of you. I shall be sure to keep you awake for the procedure though I must warn you. Watching your own eye be removed is unsettling. If you must vomit do not jerk abruptly or it may cause permanent damage. Inform me and I shall help you safely do so. This here will hardly limit your movement unless you let it as its a basic tool. It is meant to keep your head still though for you it is likely a reminder. After this I will be spraying your closed eye with an agent that essentially freezes the nerves and numbs them to provide the ability for me to inject a local anesthetic to numb your nerves without discomfort. It won't make you drowsy at all but you won't feel any pain. Meerly pressure. It is going to be odd but it will be over quickly. After your nerves have had a minute to numb entirely I will clamp your eye open and begin to remove it before implanting the new one and applying some medical chakra to rapidly increase the healing process and eliminate the need for bandages. Just lay still and allow me to do all that and everything will go smoothly."

He would smile before settling onto a high stool next to her and collecting the spray. He would let her close her eye before spraying the area and giving it a second to frost over. He wasn't so sure that would help given her usual temperature but it was all that was available. Still he would be careful with the syringe as he flooded her nerves with the temporary paralytic agent. A total of four injections with two surface injections and a pause before two deep tissue injections. He would dispose of the needle on the tray next to himself before calmly pulling the lid open and centering the eye gently. Once that was done he would wait until the eye stopped moving as it became paralyzed and set the clamp to hold the eye wide open. Once that was done the procedure was a simple yet unnerving one.

Akira himself would take a deep breath before raising a hand to his own eye and hovering just above his right eye...the same eye of hers he was removing as a calming green aura would flow out like a mist and numb the entire eye. Once he could no longer feel it he would take a  few deep breaths and focus his chakra scalpels back on. This time less as blades and more as precision tools. Its ability to bypass the surface was useful though he still had to steel himself for it. Quietly he severed the connecting tissue with a perfect cut and felt so odd for his eye to suddenly black out. Almost like his balance had been lost. Still he closed his other eyes as he carefully pulled the loose one free with his non chakra scalpel covered hand and a pair of clamps carefully. Placing it on the surgical pad. He didn't need to worry about it drying out because this would be done quickly.

Since the numbing jutsu was a short one he needed to act quickly now. He opened his remaining eye as he placed a piece of gauze over his eye socket. He moved back to Ayakashi and shifted the eye with his non chakra enhanced hand to make sure it was still paralyzed before once more he would sever the connecting tissue and use a pair of clamps to carefully pull the eye free and deactivating his chakra scalpels. He would shift back and collect the byakugan with the clamps attached to it and quitely and precisely lower it into place with a little push. Once that was done he would shift it to the side and focus a green orb to attach the muscle tissue while remaining careful not to twist anything or let it knot. Using a suction hose to pull out any blood in the way. Once all the muscle was attached the bleeding would stop and he would remove the clamps and straighten the eye as he removed the hose before healing it the rest of the way. He touched her eye lids closed then and focused on another step. His own eye.

Once more he would pick up the clamps and set the eye into his own socket. Activating the Byakugan to keep his own work visible and began to suction out the blood after tossing the gauze to the side. Connecting the tissue bit by bit until it stopped bleeding and he would once again remove the clamp and hose before centering his own eye. Closing his numbed eye lid. He would then focus a much higher level of medical chakra and touch Ayakashi as he forced both of them to faintly glow green and sat back letting the healing take place. After all he was so very tired and sore. Not physically but his lack of chakra and it attempting to rebuild as if to replace what was lost was exhausting.

"You should feel a tingle in your chakra like a hungry thing. It is a B rank medical technique that allows the patient to feed it with their own chakra. Simple keep the eye closed until it burns out the anesthetic and once you no longer feel any irritation the implant will be complete. With practice you should grow accustomed to the Byakugan. However adjusting how far you wish to see and what you wish to focus on will be difficult at first as the Byakugan you received just now see's absolutely everything for 100 meters through solid objects. Give it a minute and that new power will be yours."

Last edited by Akira on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
"That is very kind of you. I shall be sure to keep you awake for the procedure though I must warn you. Watching your own eye be removed is unsettling. If you must vomit do not jerk abruptly or it may cause permanent damage. Inform me and I shall help you safely do so. This here will hardly limit your movement unless you let it as its a basic tool. It is meant to keep your head still though for you it is likely a reminder. After this I will be spraying your closed eye with an agent that essentially freezes the nerves and numbs them to provide the ability for me to inject a local anesthetic to numb your nerves without discomfort. It won't make you drowsy at all but you won't feel any pain. Meerly pressure. It is going to be odd but it will be over quickly. After your nerves have had a minute to numb entirely I will clamp your eye open and begin to remove it before implanting the new one and applying some medical chakra to rapidly increase the healing process and eliminate the need for bandages. Just lay still and allow me to do all that and everything will go smoothly."

Ayakashi listened and obeyed the instructions of the Hyuga, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and so simply relaxed back on the chair and focused on her heart-rate. Taking a deep breath and with the control of her chi, she managed to slow down her own metabolic process to a crawl with breathing practices, reducing her blood flow to a bare minimum, which, in turn was the maximum she was able to perform without the use of chakra. The reason for the act was simple enough, it was an act to ensure that her wounds from having her nerves and arteries from her eye cut would result in minimal bleeding to begin with, and also help out in what little ways she could. The the procedure began, Ayakashi quickly realized that Tsuyo was not wrong about the removal of her own eye feeling uncomfortable, though his words seemed honest it was not a process that could be fully comprehended or understood until she had experienced it for herself. The clamp felt normal, the cold of her body often glassed over the surface of her eye creating a solid protective film, so the interaction between the steel and the surface of her eye was minimal. The cold spray which came next however, was an oddity.

The needles one after the other were little more than fine pressure on her skin and deeper into her tissue, but as the fluid was pushed in that pressure increased. Ayakashi had to consciously hold back her defensive reflexes to allow the penetration to occur, so trained was her body in resisting harm and vulnerability that she found allowing herself to come under any kind of harm almost difficult. Though, soon enough the chakra scalpels of Tsuyo flared to life and Ayakashi began to feel unsteady, those blades had managed to cut through her side once before, and would be able to just as easily go through her here. Taking a deep breath, Aya steeled herself for what was about to come, the sensation was little, there wasn't even pressure as the blades came down, sinking into the sides of her eye and tripping the optic nerves at the back in such a manner that they would be able to be easily repaired with a medical jutsu. Ayakashi felt the squeeze of her eye being removed  as Ayakashi, was temporarily blinded completely.

The darkness was chilling, but it was what she saw in the void of nothing which was even more terrifying. The shades of darkness came together to form shapes in the void, Ayakashi would hold her hand up for a moment for akira to stop as she attempted to make them out, the feeling was oddly spiritual, blood leaked from her open socket as the Mizukage allowed herself to remain vulnerable for the few seconds that she was able to. The shapes came into being like a vision, swirling like a smoke as they warped into a figure, light-less and yet somehow bright. The figure seemed to be feminine, a naked woman that seemed to bear wings and feelers like that of the moth, her back facing Ayakashi as the smoke clad woman turned to face Aya, raising her hand to her mouth mimicking the action of a laugh before being blown away into nothing... Had Ayakashi's total blindness allowed her to see something that had been sitting there, waiting for this moment of clarity? Or was it simply a glimpse into her own mind, like a waking dream. Without knowing aya had raised her hand in protest to the figure leaving, but relaxed when it was done...

"I'm sorry I, I thought I saw something... please... continue."

She concluded and allowed the procedure to finish. It wasn't long until the connected tissues were linked and her own chakra and blood roared through the eye once again...

"You should feel a tingle in your chakra like a hungry thing. It is a B rank medical technique that allows the patient to feed it with their own chakra. Simple keep the eye closed until it burns out the anesthetic and once you no longer feel any irritation the implant will be complete. With practice you should grow accustomed to the Byakugan. However adjusting how far you wish to see and what you wish to focus on will be difficult at first as the Byakugan you received just now see's absolutely everything for 100 meters through solid objects. Give it a minute and that new power will be yours."

Aya listened to his words once again, closing the eye and focusing on the sensation of the medical technique, the sensation was tight, like all the muscles in here eye were under an incredible tension, pulling the skin around them closer to wrap around the eye completely as each of the fibers at the back of her eye were repaired in full. Seconds passed which turned to a minute, finally, sensation and a tenderness came back to her eye as the muscles around it began to relax, the power of the eye in of itself was something that she could already feel. Her chakra which touched it however felt like it was trying to push through resistance, like that the spiritual gravity within the eye made it more difficult for her own chakra to pass through. Requiring almost double the effort in order to activate the eye in its current state. Though the ability to see through objects and use the legendary doujutsu was an incredible gift. Ayakashi was able to see living things on the most minute scales with her senjutsu, but seeing the inner workings of chakra was something that she had never been able to accomplish.

Something about her felt whole now.

Standing up and looking to Tsuyo, she smiled, flooding the eye with chakra, she felt the veins around her eye pulse and strain, the hyouton chakra mixing with the eye made the naturally silver eye appear like a horrifying ice blue tinted steel, like the clearest of all glacier ice. The demonic Ice corruption like tendrils crept through the chakra pathways in the eye, taking them, warping them into her own as her own DNA flowed through the DNA of the eye. The medical chakra working its magic forcing them to co-habitate as the eye was accepted by her body rather than rejected and denied. A process that would have seen the powerful doujutsu become little more than a glass bauble. It seemed that the icy colour of the demon ice witches eye, was something that could not be denied by the removal of her eyes... which begged the question of what would occur should she have flown her chakra in an area without it?

However, It was in that instance that Ayakashi now understood the ultimate ability of the Byakkugan, she could see Tsuyo for what he really was, his Tanketsu, the chakra flowing through his body as he repaired his own eye, but not only the chakra as everyone else could see it, she could see how it was constructed, how it was made, how the chakra pathways knitted together the techniques that the ninja took for granted. It was like looking at a leaf through a microscope for the first time, seeing its components rather than its whole. Ayakashi could see the chakra within herself inwardly, as well as the chakra of others within one hundred meters of herself. With this ability, depth was obsolete, all other sensory techniques were meaningless. She didn't need another eye... Although the strain on her chakra was astronomical, far exceeding that which she expected, quickly biting into her reserve as much as some of her more powerful techniques, leading her to after little more than a handful of moments de-activate the doujutsu, her veins relaxing and the eye fading back to its natural silverine colour. Tainted ever so slightly with the faintest icy tint due to the frozen film that covered it due to her natural temperature.

"The eye is Amazing Tsuyo, to think all this time you have seen the world like this, its... hard to fathom... Should wise men and sages have the insight that you Hyuga covet by birth alone, in the faintest regard, i can't help but think we would be leagues beyond now in our understanding... or, we could have been doomed a millenia past... Thank you, for sharing this with me."

Aya spoke happily. The beginnings of tears forming and running slightly down one cheek before it became little more than frozen dust, crumbling to the winds with the slightest change of her facial expression. But, now that it was done, and her eye as well as his own had been healed, it was time to get to business... there was a country to the west that had vastly overstepped its boundaries, captured by a mad tyrant and forced into seclusion. This country was a threat that the Mizukage would no longer abide, but, unlike what she had been dealing with all this time, this was not something that she could keep from her people. For a couple of weeks now, anyone within the borders of that country had been lost, people were missing their families, they were worried, Ayakashi was getting daily reports of people that believed their families to be missing or dead. So it was time to put all of their fears to rest once and for all... The Hunter ninja she had sent ahead carried the message for the meeting in the cities' center. The gathering could be heard all across the kirigakure no sato... Change was in the air. So, after he replied to her statements on the marvelous nature of the Byakkugan, she would steel her gaze looking distantly into the horizon, and begin...

"Alright Tsuyo, it's time to bring this to an end, I will address my people, and gather my support, I'd like you to come with me, support me, and perhaps say a piece to the people affirming your position with us. Be warned, I don't know of your people, but mine are easily whipped into fanaticism, don't encourage them into action, encourage them to support our own... okay?"

It was true that after the destruction of the country twice, kirigakure was easy to anger, like the rising of a colossal wave, and once the swell was set, it was nigh impossibly to prevent until it crashed upon and over its destination. It was a strength of the country, one that allowed them to recover and come together as one in times of hardship, but, war was not the answer here. This was something her people needed to trust in her, and her hunters. After his response, Ayakashi walked out of her home, and toward the town center which had already been prepared with a small stage so that the people in the crowd were able to see her, not dressed as she was in times of severe conflict, but dressed none the less for battle, having fought Tsuyo not long prior. It would be under no doubt that Tsuyo's men would also be nearby now, in the public domain wondering what exactly had been going on.

Ayakashi from behind the crowd began to move through as people stepped aside for her and those who were with her, Ayakashi could see Strafe, and almost every member and ninja in the village who could be spared for this grandiose announcement. Something that had been coming for some time, but held back due to circumstances that were not under her control. For a moment, at the presence of Ayakashi the crowd began to row some wondering on the context of the meeting, and others noticing something different about the mizukage's appearance. Awaiting for their silence, the people that filled the streets slowly fell quiet, all looking up at Ayakashi for answers. Doubt would sweep over her like a wave, again, for the third time she found herself staring down the eyes of her entire village, in that instant, she felt like she did when she was crowned the mizukage, no older than twenty four when she came into charge, fleeing the scene until the words of her mother consoled her.

"You can be the Mizukage this country needs you to be. Be that woman. Be strong, like iron. Don't let anyone steal from this country again, just like you'd never let anyone steal from us, ever, again."

And the Doubt was gone...

"People of Kirigakure no Sato, People of Iwagakure, People of Konohagakure and Sunagakure!

Our country... has been deeply wronged... "

her speech began.

Nothing would be the same.

Exit thread.

[2390 words]

Training Breakdown.:

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Exit thread
Truth seeking orbs 9000/9000
10,755 remaining
Strength S-2 to S-3 2250/2250
Endurance S-1 to S-2 2000/2000
Endurance S-2 to S-3 2250/2250
Perception S-1 to S-2 2000/2000
Perception S-2 to S-3 2250/2250

5 wc remaining

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.