You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Midday Market [Private | Seiryū | NK] Empty Midday Market [Private | Seiryū | NK] Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:17 am

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank

"Olives, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, Cinnamon, some kind of meat..." Muttering to herself as she walked along, Mari looked over the small journal she had in her hand. What currently was written and what she was looking at was a list of ingredients to buy for a couple new recipes she was going to try out. It had been a while since she had experimented with a new kind of dish, and to pass the time the girl decided that she would try out some salads and a dish called "pastitsio," which seemed like some form of lasagna. In her other arm was a small woven basket, just big enough to hold the several items which were already inside, some red onions, olive oil, and cheese, just to name a few, and a few other things still on her list.

She had decided to go to the bazaar, the market section to get some good, fresh ingredients. Cooking was simply a hobby of hers, well to put it exactly she enjoyed food, good food. So as she enjoyed good food, Mari had thought it would be nice to learn how to make it as well. She didn't often to go out to the bazaar to get ingredients, the grocery store usually sufficed, but today was a sunny and bright day and the girl felt like walking around a bit. The busyness of the crowd and simple noise of haggling merchants and customers was a welcome change to her usual silent home in the middle of the day. The girl was of course accustomed to silence, it being the one companion that often filled her home since her parents were gone, but it was nice to hear something else.

Thinking back a few nights before, silence was surely the better scenario that whatever had happened at the Sandbox. The blaring music had nearly made the girl deaf, not to mention how she had run into two people she knew in such a... Gauche place. She wished she could have forgotten about it, but her memory like always didn't seem to listen to her. She would forget things she wanted to remember, but always remember things she'd want to forget. Perhaps everyone's mind seemed to work that way, but Mari felt her mind worked that way, especially. Sighing to herself she placed her journal in the basket and went to go in search of the ingredients she had just listed off.

Her dress today was a usual one, simply black, layered with white frills on the skirt. Her front edged white lining down and on her shoulders a triangler pattern to hang down like and cover her collar bone. A white choker to go around her neck, and black boots and tights on her legs and feet. Her white ribbon as always, adorned the side of her head. Her black hair styled short, flipped up in the back in a curve. It was likely becuase it was growing out, but the girl hadn't the time nor the meaning to cut it shorter recently. Perhaps it was time she did grow it out, she was thinking of wearing it in a pony tail tail or twintails if she allowed it to get any longer.  

Her blue eyes scanned over the market stalls at the colorful vegetables and fresh fruits that merchants out out on display. It was odd, the girl had thought, that such a bountiful place could be found in middle of the desert, yet it was rather amazing how irrigation and all traveling merchants and farmers all were able to bring such greenery to the arid place. Catching sight of a stall of olives to her right, Mari stepped over into the shade of the awning above the display. Several kind of olives were pickled in jars, all lining up  neatly in rows and separated by type. The girl first picked up a had of black olives, looking over her selection carefully. In her peripheral vision, she saw another jar of olives, this one colored dark, deep purple, nearly black. Picking up the jar with her other hand, Mari suddenly found herself in some sort of predicament. Er... Which kind of olives did the recipe call for? A puzzled expression took over her face as now she couldn't remember what kind of olives she exactly needed. "They both look so similar, but the difference is..." Muttering to herself once more, she trailed off her own thought wondering what she could do.

755 Total Words

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
The light of day slowly but surely hit his eyes as he rolled over, now facing towards the source of daylight instead of facing away from it like it had been done when he initially went to rest. He hadn’t done much over the past few days, with only a few mindless patrols taking part every now and then, but otherwise Seiryū had done nothing spectacular happen in his life. The only events he could recall over the past week and a half that occurred to him happened to be a bar fight, if one could call it that and another fight as well, this time dealing with some gang members. Regardless, while those fights had been fights, they weren’t anything that had Seiryū worrying for his life, and he was fine with that. The past couple of days were relaxing and he wished that the trend would continue before the inevitable life of a shinobi, and his past, caught up with him and threw him in to a loop he could not avoid.

His mouth opened wide as a yawn escaped him, his eyes remaining shut as this happened. Slowly, as the contagious spell receded, his expression relaxed and his mouth shut once more. Lethargically, his eyelids raised up millimeter by millimeter, blinking closed every few seconds such that his lilac orbs still hadn’t made out the surrounding environment, even if he knew exactly where he was at this particular moment. A few seconds past, his eyes fully open, yet his blinking picked up, trying to get rid of the remnants of sleep present such that he could get on with the day that had already begun. Seiryū already had a stop in mind that he wanted to make today, as it would be informational to Seiryū in regards to what he could take out in to the field and how much it could truly aid him. But the specifics of that would not be available to him just yet. Today would be the first day in which he would be figuring out the basis for his next tool for his limited arsenal. Seiryū knew that something unique, yet useful, was hard to come by, thus it would likely have to be an adventure Seiryū would need to explore far off in to the future.

Still lying flat on his back, Seiryū utilized both his arms to push himself into a seated position, allowing the thing sheet to fall off his chest and in to his lap. His chest was bare, something he had grown used to while sleeping, though he knew his shirt was still near him, for he had discarded it for the nap he had decided to take. Shifting himself off the bed, his feet hitting the cool floor, Seiryū reached down for his maroon t-shirt, and quickly threw it back on, only slightly ruffling his messed up hair in the process. As he stood up, Seiryū’s light grey pants fell from their crumpled position which appeared during his time resting, now just a mere half-inch off the floor. Getting himself fully on to his feet, Seiryū made his way to the door, eager to get his only goal of the day out of the way. Putting on his black shoes, Seiryū easily left his home in the Sand Dune Slums and on his way to the Grand Bazaar.

--------------------------------

He exited the building where he purchased his previous bow, though he left that one at home as he found no need to bring it with him. While being a shinobi meant to be prepared at all times for anything, Seiryū often felt safe enough not to need to carry it around with him when he wasn’t doing missions or patrols. All he had with him were the kunai and senbon, not his most optimal tools, but they were effective for what they did nonetheless. The Wicked Quest had been the place he purchased his previous bow, and he hoped they would be able to supply him with a custom order he had in mind. In the end, his venture there hadn’t resulted in a 100% conclusive answer.

His lilac orbs scanned over the market place as he browsed about, no set destination remaining in mind as he continued moving onward. There wasn’t much that interested that he could afford, and what he could afford went to items that would aid in helping him earn more money. All the colours of fabric were ignored by his eyes, the various trinket stall taking up his interest for a second, and the food stalls seemingly all glanced over in favour of continuing making his way to a location he had no idea of. His eyes caught sight of a familiar black garb, not one that was similar to the previous ones he had seen, but similar enough that Seiryū knew exactly who the person wearing it was. He decided he may as well say hello, after all, he had promised her that they would be meeting again in the future.

He slowly made his way towards her, easily seeing that she was looking at various jars, though unsure of what exactly each container held. “You know, if you need help, you could just ask.” Seiryū’s eyes simply looked at the jar, entirely ignoring Mari at this particular moment and focusing on the jar.

904|904 Total

3Midday Market [Private | Seiryū | NK] Empty Re: Midday Market [Private | Seiryū | NK] Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank
"You know, if you need help, you could just ask.”

A voice all too familiar broke into the girl's train of thought. Beside her suddenly appeared a man of silver hair and recognizable violet eyes, currently trained on the jars of olives she had in her hands. The girl blinked her blue eyes in surprise, the slightest gasp escaping her lips before she smiled at him lopsidedly.  One again, she hadn't planned on seeing him, here of all places she probably could've least expected him, though probably more so than a nightclub. It seemed that was how the two were often coincidently set to meet, when neither perhaps expected the other. She didn't mind at all, in fact she was rather grateful to see him again in a environment that was more suiting to her tastes. Now a small laugh filled the market air as she responded to his sudden comment.

"Heh, I suppose I could ask someone, though I am unsure of whether you meant for me to be inquiring of you. And if you were so hinting at that suggestion, I have doubts of if you could very well assist me."  Her words seemed practical and poised, as if taking the question far beyond its practical sense. A knowing smile now graced her lips as she kept her own eyes trained on the jars in her hands. It was as if the man of silver hair had been there just to jog her memory of what she needed. It was the darker olives, colored near violet black. They had a more intense taste, slightly sour becuase they were brined in Vinegar, and slightly larger than the black ones due to them being of a larger variety. Placing the black olives back  on the display, her blue eyes finally turned to meet the shinobi of silver hair. "Unless of course, you happen to be a connoisuer of cuisine, Seiryū-kun." The more humorous tone in her voice could be heard, now obvious that she had somehow solved her own problem.

Of course she couldn't be too sure of his own talents of cooking, but from what she could remember of their first encounter in Kumo she had been the one to recognize the food stand and suggest eating together. That had been their first meeting, and now by some unlikeliness they were at their third.  Mari found herself hoping there would be more to come. The girl had always thought of the idea of close friends as a good thing, doing activities together, caring about each other and the like, it was close friends did on occasion. Yet now to have it put forth in some kind of practice was... Enjoyable.

Within the moment she would wave down the olive merchant and exchange her Ryo for her purchase. Satisfied with the current olives, she placed it in her basket with the several other items. And started making her way to the next few stalls  over, her eyes scanning the vegetables and spices, but also casually glancing over to Seiryū as well. Her pace was slightly slow, relaxed to give her time to browse. It was an unsaid invitation for him to walk with her, neither leading nor following but simply to together side by side. Was it surprising that she found herself becoming so casual at the thought of them being friends? Perhaps at their first meeting yes, even at their second meeting more so. Now at their third the term was becoming more comfortable, more possible.

Her eyes caught sight of a display of tomatoes, tiny red fruits, nearly larger than a grape but more oblong in shape. Placing her hand on her chin to inspect the display, she then turned her head to her market companion with a tilt to the side in a questioning position. "May I ask of your purpose of being out? I suppose it is a rather nice day, but I do not believe you simply take walks so you can run into people you happen to be acquainted with."  Her hand went to pick up a batch of tomatoes, inspecting the tiny fruits closer.  They looked good enough, plump, firm yet soft enough to be completely ripe.  "Eh... However if you do actually happen to do that..." She added on to her statement, trailing off before reaching another likely needless conclusion.

Though her first comment was meant to be rhetorical, she could remember that the silver haired Seiryū enjoyed picking apart words to their literal meaning, thinking back to their first conversation in Kumo. Thinking about the statement literally for herself, it wouldn't surprise her if Seiryū indeed enjoyed taking walks. Enjoying probably wasn't the word she was looking for, but going out for a walk was a normal thing people did. The intention of running into other people wasn't often the reason for walking out, yet it sometimes just happened to happen. It was an enjoyable thing to run into others one happened to know, but would Seiryū take walks purposefully just for those instances to occur more often? It seemed an odd thing and she was likely over thinking the statement. She mentally shook the idea out of her and exchanged Ryo for her tomato purchase, all the while waiting to hear what Seiryū would say back.

895/1650 Total Words

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
It took a moment longer than he initially expected for the dark-haired girl to be fully aware of his presence. Just as her eyes blinked at him, a grin formed on his mouth as he caught her sight out of the corner of his eye, yet his vision remained upon the jar of olives that Mari had been so curiously inspecting just mere seconds ago. Running in to people just happened by luck for him, or perhaps it simply was that he subconsciously sought out familiar faces when alone, such that he couldn’t remain alone, even if his wishes were to drive people away, to avoid them, such that they wouldn’t get to close only to disappear on him. These thoughts, the ones that were ingrained in him from his own lifetime of experiences, weren’t going away anytime soon, for they had prevailed for too long, took rule of his life for the majority, and simply were to overbearing for him to completely relinquish. Yet, he could just as easily ignore them, for the time being, by being in the company of someone who didn’t know much about him, who accepted him as a person, for the time being. He could get rid of them, so long as he was with another person as he was now.

The lilt of her voice, by now, was familiar that he could recall it as hers, even if he hadn’t known it was her speaking to him at this moment. The quirk on his lip slightly exaggerated as her words reached his ears, as he knew the truth to her words wrung true to his knowledge about cuisine. He didn’t bother answering her question right away, as he slowly transferred his gaze from the jar to the potential purchaser of the item. While she didn’t sound mocking, though he could sense that the words weren’t meant to be taken too seriously, nor would he. It was in that moment Mari had taken towards gathering a different jar of olives, one that was a dark colour with a hint of violet present in them, as for what they were called, he had absolutely no idea whatsoever. “Well, you could just as easily be proven wrong my limited knowledge. Perhaps I’m a chef in my spare time.” His humorous tone said enough that Seiryū was anything by a chef. In fact, his own cooking ability was limited to heating things up and creating the most basic of meals. It was one of the many reasons Seiryū’s meals were limited to instant food or dining out. “Though, I think you found what you already need, so my help here seems unwanted.” While he said that, he wouldn’t remove his presenece right now, for he figured they could eventually get around to that talk they needed, even if there wasn’t much to discuss. After all, it was all about neither knowing was a shinobi of Sunagakure no Sato until that night at the club, where that fight broke out, but it was a non-issue as far as the archer was concerned.

After Mari had exchanged her ryo for the olives she was purchasing, Seiryū noted the basket she was carrying with several other items within it. He would offer to carry it, chivalry and all, but he knew she was capable enough to carry it and simply did not want to intrude. Even with their two other prior meetings, Seiryū simply did not know her well enough, but he could easily offer the courtesy. Before the words could even escape his mouth, he noted Mari was well on her way to another stall, set at a pace that he could easily catch up with. With long strides, Seiryū slowly followed after her, catching up with her only trailing behind such that she could lead them to her next destination within the Grand Bazaar. As she browsed through the tomatoes, Seiryū’s eyes roving over the various items put on display, yet never keeping his eye in one spot for too long. As Mari posed her question to him, Seiryū simply continued glancing around, not just yet answering her question, for she added a bit more on afterwards. “So, I can’t be walking around hoping to run in to people? You’re limiting my options on available answers.” Seiryū’s tone was all fake hurt for just a moment, though he figured he could give her a real answer in response to her question. “I was over at a weapon’s merchant I frequent often. Was looking to expand a bit on my equipment, though it’ll take a while for me to find exactly what I need. And then I just happened to run in to you here, and voila, here I am being questioned about everything except what I ate for breakfast.”

821|1725 Total

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank
“So, I can’t be walking around hoping to run in to people? You’re limiting my options on available answers.”

With a response like that, the girl could only provide a smile in return. The pseudo sorrow he portrayed only seemed to indulge that they were what level in which they were comfortable with each other. Exchanging joking words and a light tone, something that meant the two really were on somewhat of more than just acquaintances. Even with his earlier responses to her words, the familiarity could be seen more so than any other time before. She had to remind herself this was still just the third meeting, but slowly it felt as if they had known each other longer than that.

Mari listened to him further explain himself with an actual reason, seeing a weapons merchant for some certain equipment, though it would take time to get what he needed. And then he simply was  going around and incidentally ended up running into the girl, also adding on an exaggeration of the her own curiousity. Mari blinked at the words, her head tilting the slightest as she looked toward him. She realized he only was playing around yet again, but the girl wasn't one for witty comebacks. Instead she somehow felt the slightest bit of  embarrassment that he would point out something that was trivial. "I surely do not intend to interrogate you. I have only asked you one question as of yet." Her smile stayed steady, her words calm but also returning a light tone. Done with her tomato purchase, Mari was already making her way to the next stall over, she kept her basket in the crook of her arm. Her pace was kept even, and with his long strides the silvered haired Seiryū could easily stay with her.

Turning her attention go a display of several jars filled with various spices, Mari quickly picked out the cinnamon spice she needed. However not before making the kindly mistake of picking up a bottle with a loose cap and releasing a small cloud of spice into the air. With the spice tickling her nose, Mari sneezed in surprised. "E-Excuse me. Ah, sorry." She hoped that Seiryū wouldn't suffer the same fate, if he had been standing too close. "That usually... Does not happen...." A lopsided smile graced her face, along with a simple shrug of her shoulders at the abnormal occurrence. Laughing slightly, she couldn't herself from finding the situation just a bit silly.  Already the spice merchant had noticed the girl sneezing amoung his display, and quickly began haggling her about whatever had happened. After a brief explanation Mari showed him the loose cap and the man begrudgingly allowed her to purchase another non-broken spice bottle for a discount price.

Turning back to Seiryū, Mari's basket seemed to be nearly full with all the different foods she had already purchased. And while joking about his culinary skill earlier,  it was plain to see that the girl indeed was gathering items to cook something. The idea had first come to her when she had first heard his voice over the olives, now she figured was as good a time as any to finally voice of out. "Though I realize you are not a fan of interrogation, I do have one more question to ask." Her blue eyes were trained onto the violet of the silver haired Seiryū. For now, she believed that since she was with him, she should try to make up for what happened in their last meeting. Ishido would have to wait as he wasn't currently present.

"May I invite you for a meal today? As obvious as it is, I shall be the one cooking. I do not have many opportunities to cook for others, and I suppose I was hoping for taste tester on a new dish I am trying out." Though she didn't explicitly say it, it was really just one big apology for the events at the nightclub. She would think of something for Ishido later, she was sure. The sudden invitation did have its complications, such as if Seiryū happened to be busy for the rest of the day or he would think it too forward of her to suddenly ask him to come to her house and have her cook a meal for him. Food was something that everyone surely enjoyed, Mari especially, and so she enjoyed cooking for others whenever she could. She hoped he could understand what she was trying to make up for, and if he didn't it would still be nice all the same. If he said no, she wouldn't mind but perhaps just be a little disappointed... If that was the right word. She realized that there were indeed so many implications of trust in the action she was suggesting in the first place. He likely wouldn't have expected it, so it would be understandable that he wouldn't even be prepared to visit her home or would he even want to? There was another possibility that he wasn't even hungry at all, so would he say yes out of politeness? Or no simply becuase of a technicality of the situation?

The girl was overthinking again, that much she did understand. Sighing mentally, she cleared her mind of thoughts to simply hear his answer of yes or no.

908/2558 Total Words

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
A smile was what he received for his initial answer, though the look that followed afterwards had Seiryū raising his brow, though it was near imperceptible to an eye that wasn’t looking for the specific gesture. It seemed to him, that there was a slight clash of personalities when it came to the differences that existed between himself and Mari. The train of thought that would follow such a notion was easily dismissed, for Seiryū didn’t want to assume too much of her character, for he barely knew her in their three meetings thus far, and for the simplicity of just accepting things for how they were and would remain. Three meetings, however inconsistent, was more than he could say for anyone else he associated himself with, mostly keeping encounters few and far between, though how he managed to do that for twenty some odd years thus far was beyond him. Living in a village filled with shinobi, thus people with whom he worked, it was difficult avoiding meeting other shinobi consistently, yet somehow he managed to avoid more than three meetings with other shinobi he knew, the only constants he ever had in his life were during his days in the orphanage and the work he committed to himself to then. Shinobi, for him, were separated in to two categories. The first were those whom were simply coworkers, allies, and he had no interactions with them beyond in the context of the job. They, were the only ones, exempt from the three meeting rule Seiryū had subconsciously implemented in his day to day life. Others, the ones he considered friends… of sorts, he limited his interactions with. There may be more than three meetings with some of them, but they were far too spread out for him to recall clearly at times. Even then, they only knew the basics of Seiryū, only the things he wished for them to know, and most of that was entirely visible.

Here, with Mari, he wasn’t so sure. There past two meetings were fairly clear, one a bit hazy due to the alcohol, yet he wasn’t sure what to make of it. He didn’t know if he’d run in to her again… scratch that, he knew he would. Seiryū just wasn’t sure if he wanted to run in to someone who can be called a friend. For all that its worth, a tiny part of him wished for it, yet the notion that in the end he would be alone forced him to drive away such ideas. Simplicity, that’s what he needed. Things got complicated with more people. All he had were his thoughts to deal with, a goal to achieve, and once those were resolved, he could… he wasn’t sure about the long term, but he’d find something once he was at peace with the issues that needed to be taken care of, though it was much easier said than done.

Mari’s reply brought him out of a momentary stupor of rushing thoughts, ideas, and abstracts. It felt as if an eternity had passed on by within his mind, while realistically, no more than ten seconds had been between his answer to Mari’s question and her following reply. Her reply was simply, light, and not taking him none too seriously. She didn’t seem to make replies that he would think up, noting that she took things more in a literal sense. It wasn’t something he hated, he didn’t mind it whatsoever. Wordlessly, Seiryū trailed after Mari, unsure of whether to depart right now and get on with his day, which included doing absolutely nothing at all or following Mari around the marketplace until she had finished with her task and headed home.

Mari moved on to inspecting jars, once more, this time at a spice stall. Seiryū’s eyes went back to glancing around the Bazaar, neve intrigued by a single thing, letting his eyes rake over each item for sale, each individual present in the Grand Bazaar before moving on to the next one. He seemed to be just on the cusp of being caught in the cloud of spice that Mari mistakenly unleashed. The moment that he felt even the slightest notion of any reaction aside from the visual cues, Seiryū easily took a step back, avoiding the mess Mari had placed herself in. “I’d hope not.” Seiryū replied to Mari’s admittance that this event happened to be a rare occurrence. A slight grin was present on his face as he watched Mari’s attention divert back to the merchant who ran this specific stall, mortified that sneezing was occurring near his goods.

After another minute had passed by, of Mari getting a new jar of spices, she turned back to him, basket full of items. A simple glance easily told him that the content were for cooking, for all of them were edible in some form or another and not hazardous to one’s health. The preface Mari presented him to her future question had the grin on his face remaining, his brow raised in curiosity. His waiting wasn’t too long, as he figured she already knew the question and was committed to asking it if she had to mention it beforehand, even if it was all done in a joking manner. When her query truly registered in his ears, he momentarily froze. Just for a moment. He hadn’t been expecting such. Sure, he was free for the day and had nothing to do, but he felt he should flee, or at least decline. He knew they were stranger-friends, but he wasn’t sure if that’s what friends did. Sure he was hungry, but he wasn’t sure if he should be accepting such an invitation, as it was another gateway to getting closer to a person. But, he couldn’t refuse, simply because he figured it took a slight bit of courage on Mari’s end to ask. Outright refusing… he didn’t think he could do. He could assume she meant it to make up for the events at the nightclub, but he threw that thought out immediately as there was no reason for her to apologize for events that were out of control. Without thinking too much more on it, he ushered out a simple “Maybe some other time?” Friendships were still foreign to him, not for the lack of social connections in life, but rather limiting those who he did these kind of things with to a non-existent number. Now, he just needed to produce a reasonable solution to why he was avoiding accepting this invitation. “I had… have… a mission I have to attend to… in twenty minutes.” Perhaps not the most well thought out lie he ever came up with, but it was better than simply saying he didn’t want to have lunch with her, at her house, for he didn’t want to get to close to a friend before they would inevitably remove him from their life. Best to avoid that, he thought. “I’m sure we could arrange things for another time?” His voice was unsure, a bit shaky, yet he hoped it wouldn’t be detected at all. Seiryū could only hope that this slight promise he made would be forgotten.

1235|2960 Total

Masayoshi Mari

Masayoshi Mari

D-rank
“Maybe some other time?”

"Oh..."

The sound escaped her lips before she realized it. Averting her eyes downward, she didn't interrupt him. Had her sigh been one of disappointment? Or rather surprise? She didn't want to make it seem like it was. But perhaps she shouldn't have expected so much as a yes, it did rather seem like tall order. She didn't know what else to say. Half of her did think that he would say no, but the other half that wanted him to say yes couldn't help but make her feel the slightest bit of being... Let down. She knew she had to have felt something like this before, but at the same time the feeling felt almost foreign once again. She thought of her parents, her solitary life in Suna. It was hard to feel "let down" when there was no one you placed your trust in. The idea of trusting another person besides one of her Clan seemed another strange idea.  Yet despite its pretenses, the girl still had the hope that maybe one day he would say yes. It wouldn't be today, not likely tomorrow, but it would be one day in the future. She found herself oddly wanting to know more about him, wantinghim to say yes.

Was it because Mari actually... wanted a friend? How many times had the Masayoshi thought she needed one? She had just never thought about it before. She knew close friends and family were good things to have, to have people to could depend upon, have someone to share the good and the bad times with. Everyone usually thought things like that. After being alone for so long, it was if she had forgotten to feel the need to have someone so close. Seiryū and Ishido opened her eyes to the opportunities of meeting someone other than her family more than just once. For one fleeting moment, it was if she had it with Seiryū. But was it all just in her head? What if he didn't want to get close to her at all? Was that why he was saying no? Because he didn't believe in such things like close friendships?

No. He had said another time. It didn't mean he was completely refusing, there was no reason for that. There was still a chance, some promise that was unofficially made, at least her mind. She still wished to be hopeful. He never said he didn't want to get to know her, she was just thinking too hard again. He must've had a reason, something more practical than that.

"I had… have… a mission I have to attend to… in twenty minutes.”

There it was, his more practical explanation. Mari turned her blue eyes back to him. An understanding look upon her face, she gave him a single nod in return.  In all seriousness both could tell his words were less than assured, but the unspoken understanding was there. He was indeed saying no for his own reasons. The girl could only think up what they could be, she didn't want to be thinking too hard anymore, so she only accepted his explanation as he told it. "Well... I suppose  shan't keep you any longer if you need to be going soon." Trying not to pressure him to much, she was suggesting that if he wished to go he was free to do so. And since he did apparently have somewhere to go, it only made sense that he go on ahead. She also didn't wish to make the situation more awkward that it had to be. Mari believed he wouldn't want them separating on bad terms, but he was the one who had just said no. In any case she knew he had to feel the slightest bit guilty, but it was odd that she the was one who felt more at fault for asking the question in the first place.

“I’m sure we could arrange things for another time?”

And now there was the promise finally said. Though his words felt more rushed in effort, as though he really was suddenly trying to make up for refusing her proposal. He truly didn't want to hurt her feelings, she felt that much from him. She just didn't understand why he would distance himself so, he was a more guarded individual than her it seemed. Of course, she was never one to open up too much either. Overstepping certain boundaries would be too forward for both of them and that was likely why he had said no. She had overstepped his boundaries, so she needed to learn to respect his preferences. At the same time, he was trying to adjust to hers.

"I would love to, whenever you happen to be free." There was a lighter tone to her voice, suddenly taken up at the idea that there was still a chance for a yes. A smaller smile graced Mari's lips, though her blue eyes remained just as guarded as the violet of the man before her. Within the moment the girl began rummaging through the small woven basket she had in her arm, then she took out her small journal notebook, complete with a pencil placed as a bookmark. Turning a few pages, she found a blank space and scribbled on it a series of numbers. She carefully ripped out the paper and folded it half, presenting it to the silver haired Seiryū. A deep breath in, and rush of words out. “This… is my phone number. Whenever you do want to try a taste of my cooking, perhaps you can give a me call? Instead of our relying on such coincidences of accidently seeing each other, it would be nice to plan out a meeting instead.”

If you would like to meet again…

The girl kept the last thought to herself. She suddenly felt as if she was making the situation more awkward, and despite her efforts she could tell that the slightest red tinge was beginning to touch her cheeks. Holding the paper out to him, she wasn’t sure what she could say if he refused to take that as well. What if he didn’t even have a phone? Not an impossibility, but another technicality she didn’t want to think about. Was she making another decision that would be considered too ‘friendly’ of her? She was simply doing it out of practicality, though her own words had been hesitant. He suggested another time so this was the only way they could reach each other to plan of this ‘other time.’ They surely couldn’t rely on incidentally meeting up with each other, though fate as it was… was truly a strange thing.

1140/3698 Total Words

Seiryū

Seiryū

D-rank
Disappointment, he deemed, was what he had caused from the few words he said in relation to her proposition for them to have lunch together. Having been the cause for these emotions arising, he let the guild settle, taking in her disappointed expression. He hated being the cause of it, but it was something he couldn’t help, as the instinctual reaction was always for him to get too close to people, and he knew that doing so would strengthen whatever bond was developing between himself and Mari. Perhaps it was better for both of them if he didn’t let it happen, even if the expression Mari held told an entirely different story. Seiryū knew, for certain, had the offer been for visiting a place around Sunagakure no Sato, such as the Dragon’s Tongue, he would’ve readily accepted the offer, for that scenario was far different than the proposed one of visiting Mari’s house for lunch.

Releasing an internal breath, one that was quite well hidden from his audience, Seiryū found himself wondering if his decision had been the right one. Would it have simply been better to accept her invitation and just place himself at a distance then? Simply to appease her, accept her invitation and not have to rearrange a meeting at a later date. He knew it wouldn’t work or its effect would be minimal. Seiryū felt it would likely result in a worse scenario had he chosen to accept her invitation and then act aloof once they were at her place. She was a… not a friend, but not an acquaintance either. There was a mixture between the both. His current lack of friends, with the number being at zero, meant that Mari was outside that zone, but she was neither an acquaintance due to their prior meetings, even if he barely knew anything about her beyond her name and her allegiance to Sunagakure any Sato.

He waited, to see if she had anything to say to his suggestion of rescheduling. Rescheduling would give him time to ease his mind in to that scenario, let himself not have to fret over it when the time came around. During the intermediate period between now and then, Seiryū would be able to get a better grasp on things, or at least be mentally prepared for something others would find so menial. It seemed his proposal for rearranging the time to another date alleviated some of the sorrow that he had caused, and that certainly was fine for the time being. He could deal with his own issues in the time that was to come and hopefully not make things worse than he currently had done so.
The smile that graced Mari’s lips was one that had him curious for a moment, for it seemed she had an idea. Not a moment sooner did she begin searching through the basket she was carrying in her arms. In a matter of seconds, she pulled out what seemed to be a journal of sorts, along with a pencil. Instantly, Seiryū knew what she was using the items for, watching her begin scribbling in the book for a short moment and then proceeding to neatly rip out the page from the book. Accepting the sheet of paper, albeit slightly hesitant in pocketing it away for safekeeping, his lips formed a slight smile as Mari gave him the reasoning behind the paper with a number to call. It would certainly be easier to get in contact with her through such means, but all the pressure was on him. At least he could take his time with it… but he felt there was a certain obligation to get to it as soon as he possibly could. Once he got the right mindset.

“I will. I’ll have to see about clearing some time up, but I’ll certainly let you know beforehand.” Seiryū replied easily, easing away from his thoughts and just allowing his mouth to speak at ease. There was a passing thought that flew by his mind, one he questioned briefly if he should state aloud. Instead of simply letting it pass, Seiryū voiced it out in the teasing manner he used with Mari on occasion. “I take it you’d rather not be seen with me, unless you are prepared for it, eh?” He offered a wink as the last few words escaped him, not being able to stop his nature from teasing her slightly if the opportunity had presented itself to him. After waiting for a reply, Seiryū would bid her farewell, offering a wave of the hand and a simple “See you later.” After such pleasantries would be exchanged, Seiryū would make his way out of the market and back towards the slums.

Exit Thread-
800|3760 Total

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.