You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hobbling back [Suna>>Kono] Empty Hobbling back [Suna>>Kono] Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo looked out into the desert, the sun rising over the vast sea of sand. Ukiyo looked down at her legs, both of which heavily bandaged. Her feet sunk slightly in the sand as she wriggled her toes. The medical nin of Suna did a fantastic job tending to her wounds; she was able to walk with minimal pain, still though couldn't run. Looking back up at the desert sunrise, Ukiyo couldn't help but reflect on the weeks past.

I can't believe I came so far...just to be defeated in hand to hand combat. My skills are far from adequate. How can I expect to change a single life in this world when I can't even look after my own? It's always one step forward and two steps back. I came here thinking I was years ahead of everyone else, that my training was more than enough. I couldn't even get past my third match. Ukiyo's eyes dimmed, watching shadows of cacti and sand dunes slowly climb across the floor. "Tsk." Those burns are what did me in. Katon... Ukiyo remembered several times in her life she's seen plant-life be burnt to the ground by katon jutsu. Her expression was grim as if mourning a loss, and drops of water began forming at the tips of her fingers. I won't let that happen again. Ever. My dew technique is too weak. Far too weak. It didn't help me one bit against her. If I want any chance at saving Them, I've got to make my suiton release stronger.

Ukiyo looked down at her legs again. But that's not enough. If I die, there will be no one left to protect them. No one left to care for them. Just like... She remembered her parents. Her mothers smile, her father's laugh. They were almost as real to her as her plants. No, more than that. They were her plants. In every tree she grew, every blade of grass she plucked, Ukiyo saw them deep, deep within their makeup. She knew that they lived on in the lives of her plants. She knew they would always be with her, and that it was her job to protect them. If I die...they die with me. I won't die then. I'll do anything I have to, learn whatever I have to, to keep me- to keep them alive. Ukiyo lifted her head up and turned towards the direction of Konoha. She was going home.  

It took several days and nights to get back; her legs made sure of that. Though she couldn't run, Ukiyo made good use of the trees once they became less scarce. She swung from branch to branch, catching herself without letting her feet touch a thing. When they came close, Ukiyo would sprout bamboo to prevent any harm to them. She felt far more comfortable than weeks prior, finally back in her element. The sun overhead illuminated her hair; silky strands of green glowing in the beautiful daylight. The forest around her seemed to welcome her back: birds, squirrels, bugs, and all types of wildlife  greeted her as she flew through the brush. Ukiyo smiled contently, happy to be home but still concerned about her loss. She brushed her hands along every bit of plant-matter she passed: leaves, bark, flowers, fruit, everything. She breathed in the sweet scents of the woods and basked in the beauty of it all. I'll make it up to, Hahaoya-san. You'll see. I'll become stronger, strong enough to protect everyone. You'll see...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.